PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia could struggle to enter playoffs

Aleksandar
10-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Hello, I've recently made an article about Dallas Mavericks' off season being overrated, and them possibly falling out of the playoff picture http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=749139

Well, I've eyed another team which may have too big expectations for this season, Philadelphia Sixers. I do believe their moves were good for the future, and that they will continue improving. But not this year, this year could prove to be a stepback.

Holiday/LouWilliams
Turner/Meeks
Iguodala/TYoung
Brand/LAllen
Hawes/Vucevic

Holiday/Ivey
Richardson/NYoung
Turner/DWright/Moultrie
Hawes/TYoung/LAllen
Bynum/KBrown

If you look at their last year vs this year roster, you can notice they lost quite a few important players.

First and foremost, Andre Iguodala. I mean, guy is among the best defenders in the league, and best players overall, his departure must hurt them bigtime. They have also lost their best scorer, Lou Williams. Then best 3pt shooter Iguodala(1.2 threes on almost 40% shooting), second best Jodie Meeks(1.5 on 36%) and third best Lou Williams(1.3 on 36%). Next, Iguodala was the best passer(5.5 assists per game), Lou Williams third(3.5). And let's not forget Elton Brand. He declined last year, and might be a wash coming into this season, but he was still Philly's best scorer and rebounder only two years ago.

What they brought in is Andrew Buyum. He's obviously a talent you want to build a team around, but he's not proven just yet. First question mark, injuries, don't seem bad, he was ok last year. But the second question mark might be more dangerous. Immaturity is just something unacceptable for a team leader. I mean, he's expected to carry the whole team forward, and it's still doubtful if he can cope with his own problems.

Then Nick Young. He can score in bunches, but if John Wall, and then Chris Paul didn't manage to make him consistent, I doubt Jrue Holiday's floor general skills can help him.

Next, Jason Richardson. He's having an Elton Brand type decline. From 19.3 ppg to 13.9 to 11.6. FG percentage from 47% to 43% to 40%. 3pt percentage from 42% to 38% to 36%. I'm curious to see what's coming up.

There is one thing that remained good about Sixers though, coaching. Doug Collins has a reputation of an excellent coach, especially on the defensive end. So if anything is going to push this team, it's going to be him.

So where do I put Philly in the east? ESPN have them at #3, and I've noticed a lot of the people around PSD hold them high, but I just can't agree with this, call me ignorant or whatever.

Teams that I see above Philly are:
Miami - Obviously.
Boston - Obviously.
Indiana - Obvious to me, don't even want to argue ESPN's rankings.
Brooklyn - Plain better than Philly.
New York - I don't know what to expect of this team, but they still have Melo/Chandler.

Teams that I see as Philly's rivals for 6th seed:
Chicago - DRose is still out, and their roster also seems weakened from the last season, but they still had 50-16 record, and they have a good coach in Thibodau. I refuse to count them out just yet.
Milwaukee - Quality roster and solid coaching. They are in the race.

Here we are, I claim Philadelphia can easily end up grabbing the last seed.

Other teams that might have a hope to sneak into playoffs:
Atlanta - Finally departed Johnson, no idea what to expect of them.
Washington - If they want to enter the playoffs, this is the time. They don't have any flexibility for the future or anything. They improved as much as they could(and they did), so let's see the results.

So that's my two bold predictions, or disagreeings with general consensus, or call them whatever.

1) Dallas might fall out of the playoff picture, and continue the downward spiral.
2) Philadelphia won't be good as predicted, might end up grabbing one of the last seeds for the playoffs.

2-ONE-5
10-01-2012, 06:53 PM
LOL get out of here clown both are top 5 teams in each conference.

Aleksandar
10-01-2012, 07:16 PM

Well I don't think so, as I said Miami, Boston, Indiana, as well as both Brooklyn and New York are better. Philadelphia is top 6 at best, and that if Rose doesn't return at all. Bucks also have a shot at being better.

As for Dallas, top 5 is a pipe dream. OKC, LAL, SA, Clippers are definitely better, and Denver and Memphis are also better. Dalas is top 7, best case scenario.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
It's the east dude. The east. You can win 40 games and get in most times. Philly, with Bynum/Young/Holiday/Turner/Hawes, etc, is good enough to win 40 games in a east heavy schedule.

More-Than-Most
10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Well I don't think so, as I said Miami, Boston, Indiana, as well as both Brooklyn and New York are better. Philadelphia is top 6 at best, and that if Rose doesn't return at all. Bucks also have a shot at being better.

As for Dallas, top 5 is a pipe dream. OKC, LAL, SA, Clippers are definitely better, and Denver and Memphis are also better. Dalas is top 7, best case scenario.

The Knicks/Nets are not better... The Knicks need to prove that first sorry and the Nets are extremely overrated period. Heat/Boston/Indiana are better but they have question marks just like we do...What if Boston finally hits that age wall? You are saying the sixers have question marks but neglect that everyone in the East outside of the Heat have those same question marks .

pebloemer
10-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I personally agree that this year could be a step back for the Sixers. I love their moves for the long run, but losing Iggy and Lou Williams puts a lot of pressure on a very young backcourt. Bynum's a great addition, but he needs to stay healthy.

NYSpirit1
10-01-2012, 07:36 PM
No, the Sixers are not going to miss the playoffs. Not with a healthy Bynum. They'll win 43-45 games.

Aleksandar
10-01-2012, 07:36 PM
It's the east dude. The east. You can win 40 games and get in most times. Philly, with Bynum/Young/Holiday/Turner/Hawes, etc, is good enough to win 40 games in a east heavy schedule.

True, but doesn't address my point. Of course they will get in, but they are not getting a home court advantage, especially not the predicted 3rd seed.

6th is the most realistic, with the possibility of even falling down to 8th.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
True, but doesn't address my point. Of course they will get in, but they are not getting a home court advantage, especially not the predicted 3rd seed.

Well, seeds 4-7 to me are a wash. Philly, Chicago, NY, and Brooklyn will fight for those seeds, and it is too close for me to call in which order. So will Philly host a playoff series? 75% no imo. But its not like they won't have a chance to move on to the 2nd round. Philly lost a weird amount of close games last year, like ALL of them. Statistical outlier. Philly was 5th in SRS in the NBA, meaning they were a much better team than their record indicated. I know Iggy is a loss defensively on the perimeter, but Bynum is a huge upgrade on both sides of the ball, and should offset the loss.

More-Than-Most
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM

So now you are going from saying they will struggle to make the playoffs to they will make the playoffs but they wont be a 3 seed. Every team after the heat is one star Injury away from missing the playoffs...The One thing the sixers do have the most teams do not is a ton of depth and that is why we were so successful last year.

Beltrans Mole
10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
I find it amusing how everyone in Philadelphia thinks Andrew Bynum is the second coming of Jesus Christ. But when he was a Laker, he was an overrated, injury-prone center who would never live up to his potential.

5ass
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
We'll see, i dont think philly got better. Their defense is going to to take a huge hit without Brand and Iggy. It really all depends on if Evan Turner can step up now that iggy is gone. If Bynum misses 20+ games this season, their chances of going to the play offs are going to be very slim.

More-Than-Most
10-01-2012, 07:43 PM
I find it amusing how everyone in Philadelphia thinks Andrew Bynum is the second coming of Jesus Christ. But when he was a Laker, he was an overrated, injury-prone center who would never live up to his potential.

Well people were saying he was better than Howard and trying to compare him to Howard and thus that made him overrated... Most of those people were lakers fans... Bynum is not close to Howard but he is the 2nd best in the league and now the best center in the East... He also is exactly what the sixers have been looking for FOREVER

Aleksandar
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
No, the Sixers are not going to miss the playoffs. Not with a healthy Bynum. They'll win 43-45 games.

Yeh, I see my thread title wasn't very good. I meant more like this:

6th seed is the most realistic, with the possibility of even falling down to 8th.

More-Than-Most
10-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Yeh, I see my thread title wasn't very good. I meant more like this:

A better route would have been..4-6 seed more realistic with an outside chance at the 3rd or 8th seed. See what I did there?

Beltrans Mole
10-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Well people were saying he was better than Howard and trying to compare him to Howard and thus that made him overrated... Most of those people were lakers fans... Bynum is not close to Howard but he is the 2nd best in the league and now the best center in the East... He also is exactly what the sixers have been looking for FOREVER

I agree he is talented and makes the Sixers better, but I really don't think they are any better than a 5 or 6 seed...even in the East. Plus, Bynum isn't guaranteed to play healthy every year.

More-Than-Most
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Guess what....The sixers are pretenders just like every other team outside of the Heat/Celtics.... Its going to be a cluster **** from the 3-8 seeds to be brutally honest. Bynum makes us better but not close to being good enough to compete with the heat.

More-Than-Most
10-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I agree he is talented and makes the Sixers better, but I really don't think they are any better than a 5 or 6 seed...even in the East. Plus, Bynum isn't guaranteed to play healthy every year.

If Bynum ends up hurt I agree....A healthy bynum playing like he did last year could jump them well up past the 5 seed....The Only people overrating the sixers are the media....The sixers like every other team have question marks and like every other team would fail with a big time Injury to their best player... Like every other team outside of those top 2 they are pretenders.... People also see the sixers and see 8th seed last year but do not realize just how good we actually were... We lost all of our close games lol....If we win half of those games we probably jump up to the 4-5 seed last year but we were just putrid at the end of games and incredibly unlucky.

Also we kinda played for the 8th seed to miss the heat... That being said we also played the celtics to game 7 if I remember correctly

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 07:52 PM
If Bynum ends up hurt I agree....A healthy bynum playing like he did last year could jump them well up past the 5 seed....The Only people overrating the sixers are the media....The sixers like every other team have question marks and like every other team would fail with a big time Injury to their best player... Like every other team outside of those top 2 they are pretenders.... People also see the sixers and see 8th seed last year but do not realize just how good we actually were... We lost all of our close games lol....If we win half of those games we probably jump up to the 4-5 seed last year but we were just putrid at the end of games and incredibly unlucky.

Like I said, SRS had the Sixers 5th in the league, and that is actually a great statistical barometer. An Iggy-Bynum swap keeps them the same, barring Bynum's injury issues, so I can easily see them finishing 4th in the east.

Beltrans Mole
10-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Guess what....The sixers are pretenders just like every other team outside of the Heat/Celtics.... Its going to be a cluster **** from the 3-8 seeds to be brutally honest. Bynum makes us better but not close to being good enough to compete with the heat.

I think this is the year that the Celtics fall from grace and slip back with the pack so to speak. Still a great team obviously but the Atlantic has gotten so much better this year. The Heat are by far the best team in the conference so after that I suppose it's anyone's game...especially with Rose recovering too.

Aleksandar
10-01-2012, 08:01 PM
A better route would have been..4-6 seed more realistic with an outside chance at the 3rd or 8th seed. See what I did there?

I won't argue this, that's why I said my statement clashes with the general consensus. I just feel your team will do worse than expected, sorry.

ESPN prediction: 3rd

Realistic fan prediction: 4-6 with an outside shot 3-8

Mine: 6-7 maybe even 8th

MackSnackWrap
10-01-2012, 08:07 PM
i got philly winning between 45-50

MackSnackWrap
10-01-2012, 08:07 PM
so they will not miss the playoffs

Robbw241
10-01-2012, 08:10 PM
The Knicks/Nets are not better... The Knicks need to prove that first sorry and the Nets are extremely overrated period. Heat/Boston/Indiana are better but they have question marks just like we do...What if Boston finally hits that age wall? You are saying the sixers have question marks but neglect that everyone in the East outside of the Heat have those same question marks .

Sig Bet Sig Bet Sig Bet!!!!!!

smith&wesson
10-01-2012, 08:11 PM
heat
celtics
pacers
knicks
nets
76ers
bulls
raptors :cheer:

all the atlantic teams make the playoffs :clap:

SirDJ
10-01-2012, 08:18 PM
As a sixers fan, I have the heat, celts, and pacers in front of them..

Heat
Celtics
Pacers
Sixers
Knicks
Nets
Raptors
Cavs

Alayla
10-01-2012, 08:44 PM
As a philly fan.. I argee with him 100% I don't know why other philly fans are even aruging this but I will say lou willams is an overrated chucker and if you took the lou part out id respect your oppoin more you speak as if J rich and nick young isn't an upgrade in scoring over lou alone

Alayla
10-01-2012, 08:45 PM
heat
celtics
pacers
knicks
nets
76ers
bulls
raptors :cheer:

all the atlantic teams make the playoffs :clap:

This

Aleksandar
10-01-2012, 08:55 PM
As a sixers fan, I have the heat, celts, and pacers in front of them..

Heat
Celtics
Pacers
Sixers
Knicks
Nets
Raptors
Cavs

Cool mate, I respect your opinion. And as I said before, Sixers have vast room for improvement after this season, young roster + cap flexibility after ridding of Iggy/Brand contracts.

But I don't agree with Raptors and Cavs being on this list at all. I like the both teams(especially Raps), they have young players, but they are still in the rebuilding mode. Bulls/Bucks are much better at this point.

jericho
10-01-2012, 08:59 PM

I actually do agree with him

goalie
10-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Anyone that thinks "losing" Lou is an issue for the Sixers has no idea what they are talking about. First of all, they let him walk. Didn't have any interest in bringing him back. Nick Young can't score?

Judging teams off paper and in video games, no idea about anything that has to do with basketball. Whats wrong, the trade didn't work out in your 2k12 franchise?

Aleksandar
10-01-2012, 09:06 PM
As a philly fan.. I argee with him 100% I don't know why other philly fans are even aruging this but I will say lou willams is an overrated chucker and if you took the lou part out id respect your oppoin more you speak as if J rich and nick young isn't an upgrade in scoring over lou alone

Since you're a Sixers fan, you know Lou Williams much better than I do, so I believe you.

But you shouldn't hope JRich will be much of an upgrade, his scoring and shooting percentage are dropping significantly in last couple of years.

As for Nick Young, he disappointed last year, went to a good team with an elite PG like Paul, but he didn't manage to perform well even though he had an open SG spot. If a coach like Collins can't make a consistent player of him this year, I don't think he'll ever become one.

Sixerlover
10-01-2012, 09:06 PM
At the end of the day, the Sixers will be in the playoffs.

2-ONE-5
10-01-2012, 09:15 PM

Sixers are better then both NY teams, I think the Pacers regress some this year but still are top 5 also. Dallas s gonna have a strong bounce back year with a healthy, in shape Dirk and tge addition on Mayo is going to breakout.

Since you're a Sixers fan, you know Lou Williams much better than I do, so I believe you.

But you shouldn't hope JRich will be much of an upgrade, his scoring and shooting percentage are dropping significantly in last couple of years.

As for Nick Young, he disappointed last year, went to a good team with an elite PG like Paul, but he didn't manage to perform well even though he had an open SG spot. If a coach like Collins can't make a consistent player of him this year, I don't think he'll ever become one.

he played less then a half of season in LA on a deeeeep team what were u expecting him to do? Did u watch that playoff game vs the Grizz where he went off?

IndyRealist
10-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Well, seeds 4-7 to me are a wash. Philly, Chicago, NY, and Brooklyn will fight for those seeds, and it is too close for me to call in which order. So will Philly host a playoff series? 75% no imo. But its not like they won't have a chance to move on to the 2nd round. Philly lost a weird amount of close games last year, like ALL of them. Statistical outlier. Philly was 5th in SRS in the NBA, meaning they were a much better team than their record indicated. I know Iggy is a loss defensively on the perimeter, but Bynum is a huge upgrade on both sides of the ball, and should offset the loss.

This. Thing is, I see it as breaking even. Iggy is underrated by most. And a lot of their success last year was based on Spencer Hawes playing out of his mind at the beginning of the season. He lost it when he came back from injury, and if he doesn't get that back it's a net loss for the 6ers. That doesn't even include swapping Lou for Young (net loss) or the hole at PF. If Turner and Holiday improve and become good players (which I expect), then I seem them finishing about where they did last year, maybe a few games better.

Their point differential was off the charts, but that's because they blew out a ton of teams early in the season against a soft schedule of teams that knew they weren't in the running.

IndyRealist
10-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Also, let's put one notion to rest. Bynum is the 2nd best center in the league, and he's not even trying. He's a goofball just out there having fun and he's better than any center not named Dwight.

Sixerlover
10-01-2012, 09:21 PM
This. Thing is, I see it as breaking even. Iggy is underrated by most. And a lot of their success last year was based on Spencer Hawes playing out of his mind at the beginning of the season. He lost it when he came back from injury, and if he doesn't get that back it's a net loss for the 6ers. That doesn't even include swapping Lou for Young (net loss) or the hole at PF. If Turner and Holiday improve and become good players (which I expect), then I seem them finishing about where they did last year, maybe a few games better.

Their point differential was off the charts, but that's because they blew out a ton of teams early in the season against a soft schedule of teams that knew they weren't in the running.

Disagree. Iggy isn't underrated by Philly fans. We've seen every game of his career, know what he was and what he wasn't (or isn't I guess it's not like he's dead lol). He was a defensive force, who's role has decreased offensively on the team since '08. Bynum is what we've lacked for generations. A true #1 option in the post, one of the best interior scorers in the league. An upgrade from Hawes to Bynum at the 5, and a downgrade from Turner (who should improve anyway since he is now THE 3) to Iguodala at the 3 is definitely an overall upgrade.

IndyRealist
10-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Disagree. Iggy isn't underrated by Philly fans. We've seen every game of his career, know what he was and what he wasn't (or isn't I guess it's not like he's dead lol). He was a defensive force, who's role has decreased offensively on the team since '08. Bynum is what we've lacked for generations. A true #1 option in the post, one of the best interior scorers in the league. An upgrade from Hawes to Bynum at the 5, and a downgrade from Turner (who should improve anyway since he is now THE 3) to Iguodala at the 3 is definitely an overall upgrade.

I'll buy that. Withholding judgement till we see what happens, then. (Not that my judgement matters, but it's the thought that counts!)

But what about losing Brand? And I don't think anyone believes Nick Young is better than Lou Williams.

Beltrans Mole
10-01-2012, 09:27 PM

Disagree with you. I live in Philly and have my whole life and most Sixers fans that I know didn't appreciate Iggy once he got the big contract. However, he's one of the best defenders in the NBA and is extremely athletic. He's one of those guys that does more than the stat sheet will show you the next day. And while Bynum may be talented as anyone at the center position, he's no guarantee.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-01-2012, 09:27 PM

I'm guessing you missed what happened after December 2011?

Sixerlover
10-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Disagree with you. I live in Philly and have my whole life and most Sixers fans that I know didn't appreciate Iggy once he got the big contract. However, he's one of the best defenders in the NBA and is extremely athletic. He's one of those guys that does more than the stat sheet will show you the next day. And while Bynum may be talented as anyone at the center position, he's no guarantee.

Yeah I know exactly what your talking about, but that's also what he is. He was a great defender, very athletic, but that is the type of production that can be slightly replaced by Collins schemes, and letting Turner off of the leash. There's no schemes for upgrading from Hawes to Bynum at the 5. I'm not sure why you don't think that upgrade is a guarantee, barring injuries (and anyone can get hurt any given night) there's no question that's a monumental upgrade both offensively and defensively.

Rockice_8
10-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Of coarse they could miss the playoffs but unless Bynum is getting his knee operated on again they should be good enough to be a 6-8 seed.

I find it laughable though that ESPN has them at #3 in the East.

Playoffs - yes
Home court - doubtful

I mean who is their second guy (Turner, Jrue) Hawes might be there second best player to be honest and that does not have the makings of a top 3 team. So much to prove from Bynum and the rest of the supporting cast. I agree with the future part though, they have some solid young pieces that could grow together.

Avenged
10-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Philly will make it. Whether it's an 8th seed (unlikely) or higher, they'll make it. They'd be a bust not to especially out East.

2-ONE-5
10-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Of coarse they could miss the playoffs but unless Bynum is getting his knee operated on again they should be good enough to be a 6-8 seed.

Playoffs - yes
Home court - doubtful

I mean who is their second guy (Turner, Jrue) Hawes might be there second best player to be honest and that does not have the makings of a top 3 team. So much to prove from Bynum and the rest of the supporting cast. I agree with the future part though, they have some solid young pieces that could grow together.

how is that laughable? who in the East is going to stop Bynum?

jmoney85
10-01-2012, 10:39 PM

how can you call the nets "extremely overrated" when philly has a very slim roster

nets top 3- dwill, joe johnson, brook lopez

philly top 3- bynum, evan turner?, jrue holliday???

cmon son gtfo with that clown ****

ACanadian
10-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Man Mode
But I agree, Philly ain't gonna be better compared to last year

jmoney85
10-01-2012, 10:41 PM
how is that laughable? who in the East is going to stop Bynum?

this isnt the bynum that played on the LA lakers with gasol and kobe next to him

you have supremely high expectations for someone who has never been a focal point in an offense

Knicks21
10-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Anyone that thinks "losing" Lou is an issue for the Sixers has no idea what they are talking about. First of all, they let him walk. Didn't have any interest in bringing him back. Nick Young can't score?

Judging teams off paper and in video games, no idea about anything that has to do with basketball. Whats wrong, the trade didn't work out in your 2k12 franchise?

Lou Williams was extremely, extremely efficient. Nick Young is not a sufficient replacement, he is a chucker.

Beltrans Mole
10-01-2012, 11:03 PM
I still think people are overlooking the Knicks here. Yes, I'm a Knicks fan so you can call me a homer all you'd like. This is the deepest team the Knicks have had in a long, long time and actually put players out there who can defend. And they still have the star power to beat good teams. Will they mesh together perfectly? Who the hell knows. Right now, I seriously think the Knicks will be no worse than a 5 seed...maybe 3-4.

jmoney85
10-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Lou Williams was extremely, extremely efficient. Nick Young is not a sufficient replacement, he is a chucker.

as I think lou williams is better player for the sixers than nick young, lou williams wasnt very efficient

Knicks21
10-01-2012, 11:25 PM
as I think lou williams is better player for the sixers than nick young, lou williams wasnt very efficient

for the role that he played as a sixth man shooter, yeh he was efficient.

2-ONE-5
10-01-2012, 11:33 PM
no he wasnt. he dribbled around for 20 seconds then jacked a shot most times.

yaswaggin
10-01-2012, 11:33 PM

dont know about advanced stats, but regular FG% and 3pt are almost identical between lou and nick young last year.

nick young is not a chucker either, when he was shipped to L.A, vinny del negro sometimes had to remind nick young hes allowed to shoot the ball lol.

lou williams was one of the reasons we lost the playoff series against the celtics, he chucked up alot of bad shots in crunch time. Not gonna lie though in half the regular season games lou williams was clutch, the other half he stunk it up in crunch time.

2-ONE-5
10-01-2012, 11:34 PM
this isnt the bynum that played on the LA lakers with gasol and kobe next to him

you have supremely high expectations for someone who has never been a focal point in an offense

u didnt answer the question

jmoney85
10-01-2012, 11:48 PM
u didnt answer the question

tyson chandler

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-01-2012, 11:51 PM

Watching a ton of his games in the 2nd half and in the playoffs, he was a chucker and definitely cost Philly at least one game in the Boston series.

Oldmantrash
10-01-2012, 11:54 PM
I don't think anyone knows how good Andrew Bynum will be, now that he is the man on his team.

Obviously that will be the main facto in how they do this year.

They could be anywhere from out of the playoffs, to 3rd spot.

Oldmantrash
10-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Saying there is no one in the east who can stop Bynum is not really saying much..
There is no one who can stop Brook Lopez either, that doesn't make him, make his team great.

kenzo400
10-02-2012, 12:03 AM
What they have added during the offseason negates what they have lost. When you add the second best center in the league and still keep all of your starters, then you have done a pretty good job. Philly is going to be good this year.

Saying there is no one in the east who can stop Bynum is not really saying much..
There is no one who can stop Brook Lopez either, that doesn't make him, make his team great.

Brook Lopez doesn't have 30 and 20 games, Bynum does. He makes nowhere near the same impact.

Oldmantrash
10-02-2012, 12:12 AM
What they have added during the offseason negates what they have lost. When you add the second best center in the league and still keep all of your starters, then you have done a pretty good job. Philly is going to be good this year.

Brook Lopez doesn't have 30 and 20 games, Bynum does. He makes nowhere near the same impact.

Brook Lopez never played for a good team, he's a better offensive player than Bynum. Bynum has never been the best player on his team.
It's definately debatable whether or not he will be great.

I'm not saying Lopez is better, because he's probably not, but no center in the east can stop him either. Bynum still has to prove himself.
He may be great, but is no sure thing.

Ebbs
10-02-2012, 12:19 AM
I think they make the postseason with a healthy team. I think Evan Turner makes the jump this season and guys like both youngs, and jrue should both improve.

jmoney85
10-02-2012, 12:22 AM

and they didnt keep all of their starters.... iggy ring a bell?

Oldmantrash
10-02-2012, 12:31 AM
I think this is one of the most exciting years the east has had in a while.

After Miami, you don't know how good everyone else will be.

Indian is probably the only team who is pretty obvious.

The Celtics are old, and I know they will be a force in the playoffs, the regular season is no given, can't just hand them the 2nd seed.

The Sixers,Knicks, Nets, and Bulls all can be high or low seeds.

Sixers can be real good if Bynum is as good as some think, and stays healthy

Knicks, if Melo and Stat finally find Chemistry, who know how good they can be, maybe Felton regains his Knick form from a cople years ago.

Nets have talent, see how it meshes,

Bulls, depends on how soon Rose comes back, I think they will be bad, and come back strong next year, but you never know.

Pacer will be between 2-4 for sure.
Everyone else can fall low if things don't pan out.

I am pumped for the season.

jam
10-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Doug Collins could take the bobcats to the playoffs.

kenzo400
10-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Brook Lopez never played for a good team, he's a better offensive player than Bynum. Bynum has never been the best player on his team.
It's definately debatable whether or not he will be great.

I'm not saying Lopez is better, because he's probably not, but no center in the east can stop him either. Bynum still has to prove himself.
He may be great, but is no sure thing.

Yes, but Brook Lopez has been given a green light on the Nets. After Deron, he's had all the opportunities to get touches, whereas Bynum has had to work with Pau and Kobe taking a billion shots a game. It's actually more difficult to put up 30 points in a game when you have Kobe taking 25 shots a game. Plus, the Lakers have never had an exceptional point guard during Bynums tenure. So he has had to personally work for all his points.

If anything, Bynum is going to be more of an offensive threat next year than he ever has before.

I agree with you that it is debatable whether he can ever be a great player. Attitude and willingness to fight for it is a big issue with him. He definitely has the potential though. Either way, he will definetely help the team, but how much is debatable. But from purely an offensive standpoint, if he can simply even do what he did last year than offensively the Sixers will look much better. Adding two good shooters with J Rich and Young will also help.

and they didnt keep all of their starters.... iggy ring a bell?

With the exception of Iggy, who while being possibly the best wing defender in the NBA was a black hole on the offensive end.

ewmania
10-02-2012, 02:09 AM
okay they lost iggy who wasnt a top 3 SF, but they gained bynum who is the number 2 and argued the best center in the NBA

a young holiday who will only get better, a coach who's one of the best defensive teachers in the NBA and more offense... they are a better team on paper than they were for a few years

xxcubs22xx
10-02-2012, 02:09 AM
6-8 seed in the East, a team that has to "jell".

Lou and AI's absence both extract A LOT of scoring from their roster. Doug Collins has his work cut out for him. Guys are going to take time to cohere.

shep33
10-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Yeah I think they'll probably be a 5-8 seed. It's so difficult to place these guys because your banking on a number of guys to make a big jump.

Bynum- Being a #1 option and not having Kobe or Pau to take pressure off of him
ET- He's going to have to fill the shoes of Iggy a bit, but more than anything they're banking on his scoring
Jrue- Again, he'll handle the ball a lot more now with Lou and Iggy gone, but this guy is a stud.

I like the Sixers, they have good shooters and nice young talent. I do expect them to have a little bit of trouble finding out who they are at first, but in a year or two they'll be a top 2-3 team in the east imo.

PacersForLife
10-02-2012, 03:21 AM
I think they'll make the playoffs. I also think they made the right moves going forward. Nobody knows how Bynum will fair this year or for years to come in Philly. However, whether he was a chucker or not they did lose their top scorer. I'm not gonna act like I watched a lot of the Sixers last year, I don't know what Lou was like night-in and night-out. It was probably time for Iggy to go though and I think the Sixers got the better end of that deal. I think the rest of their team got worse, for now anyways. J-Rich is nothing like he used to be, I like Young, but he hasn't proven anything... We'll have to wait and see.

Hawkeye15
10-02-2012, 03:23 AM
Heat
Celtics
Pacers
Nets
Knicks
Sixers
Bulls
Raptors

that is my guess right now.

PacersForLife
10-02-2012, 03:46 AM
Heat
Celtics
Pacers
Nets
Knicks
Sixers
Bulls
Raptors

Replace the Raptors with a team like the Hawks or Bucks and I agree.

Hawkeye15
10-02-2012, 03:49 AM
Replace the Raptors with a team like the Hawks or Bucks and I agree.

Raps will be improved this year, mark my words.

PacersForLife
10-02-2012, 03:50 AM

Oh I believe you lol, I'm not saying they will just flat out suck. Not sure if they are ready to make the playoffs yet though.

Also... people are really underrating/overlooking the Hawks. They have been a consistent playoff team and didn't lose all that much imo. They aren't going to be a 5 seed like in years past, but I think they can take the 7-8 seed.

SeoulBeatz
10-02-2012, 04:08 AM

Playoffs - yes
Home court - doubtful

wow, I had to sign in just to bold this ridiculous statement.

You sir, have no clue.

SeoulBeatz
10-02-2012, 04:11 AM

Lou and AI's absence both extract A LOT of scoring from their roster. Doug Collins has his work cut out for him. Guys are going to take time to cohere.

Lou Williams was our least efficient scorer in the playoffs, and we still made it to Game 7 against the Celts without him. if you watched any of our games, you would see that he was a complete nonfactor. Couldn't find his shot, and he missed the wide open looks that he DID get. I think EVERYONE in the Sixers forum is ecstatic that he is gone for a reason.

Losing Lou is a benefit.

Sadds The Gr8
10-02-2012, 04:26 AM

respect this man.

thenaj17
10-02-2012, 05:44 AM

Knicks & Nets are both better than 76ers and in my view and i'd agree with OP that Mavs will also struggle.

Alayla
10-02-2012, 06:36 AM
So sick of hearing about lou he lost us as many games as he won...even if we didn't pick up nick young and j rich letting lou walk wouldn't have hurt us

xcrisisx
10-02-2012, 06:51 AM
if the sixers make the playoffs than 4 teams in the division will, which is crazy if you think abut it :D

ldawg
10-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Philly will be a ?. To this point in Bynums career he has always been a ?. Its going to depend on what philly get from the other players as well. This team is is not complete but they have some nice players to start with. They will get better but they got some growing pains to go through. They will be able to compete thats a good thing.

lamzoka
10-02-2012, 07:52 AM

You're are what you're record says you are. if you any better than that then put up a better record. im pretty sure the bobcats felt like they were better than their record last year.

JNoel
10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
76ers win 52 games next year.

Heat
Celtics
Pacers
76ers
Nets
Knicks
Bulls
Wizards/Raptors/Bucks

SMH!
10-02-2012, 08:35 AM

Lou williams wasnt extremely, extremely efficient.. Watch some sixer games, if you have the ball enough in your hands, of course your gonna score, but he was more a liability to us, sixer fans are glad he's gone.

Rockice_8
10-02-2012, 08:57 AM
wow, I had to sign in just to bold this ridiculous statement.

You sir, have no clue.

Haha I love it. So by me saying Hawes might be the second best player on the Sixers is ridiculous? Please enlighten me who is clearly better. Jrue? Turner?

PER's

Jrue - 14.74
Turner - 12.69
Hawes - 18.19

So because Jrue averaged a few more points he's better? I said Hawes "might" be the second best player. It actually might be Thad Young too. That's really more of a knock on Jrue and Turner then praising Hawes or Young. The Sixers are Bynum and a bunch of role players, not the recipe for a top 3 team.

sixer04fan
10-02-2012, 09:32 AM
I think the doubters are seriously underestimating the impact that a legitimate center can have on a team. The Sixers, for however much success they've had over the last few years with Iggy and Lou leading the charge, have not had an impact player at center in decades. Because of this, they never had a true answer for teams like Boston or anyone else that could bully us around inside. That's not going to happen anymore. Not only will it not happen anymore, but now it is a strength for us. We can enforce and impose our will on other teams in the paint for the first time in a very long time.

On the perimeter, yes, losing Iggy hurts. If anyone appreciates what Iggy brings to the table, it's me. But at the same time, we got bigger across the board. Replacing a 6'1" Lou with a 6'7" Nick Young. Replacing a 6'3" Meeks with a 6'8" Dorrell Wright, etc. These changes will be beneficial and impact as well. We now have spot up shooters to help spread the floor and a big man that will drawn in double teams and triple teams from the defense.

The Sixers are still one of the youngest/deepest teams in the league, so it is also an expectation that the young core players will continue to improve and take on greater leadership roles on the team - Jrue/Evan/Thad specifically.

The Sixers will be better this year, and expectations are deservingly pretty high. If their record doesn't show it right away, it's because they're going to need some time to gel and get the chemistry right. We have 8 new players on the roster, and the players that did remain will be taking on new and improved roles. It's going to take some time to adjust for everyone.

Evolution23
10-02-2012, 09:34 AM

I agree. You can't just throw a bunch of early 20's players together and think it's gonna be all gravy. They lost Iggy and Lou, those were 2 of their most potent weapons. Bynum is great but he maturity level is still in question. So 6-8 is a reasonable guess for the Sixers.

uprightciti
10-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I cant believe that this guy is saying that he doesn't know about the knicks making the playoffs but they have chandler/melo LOL really??

and Brooklyn better than Philly?!?!? LOL
wow you must not know **** about basketball

PG - Holiday - Ivey
SG - Richardson - Young
SF - Turner - Wright
PF - Young - Hawes
C - Bynum - Brown

vs.

PG - Williams - Watson
SG - Johnson - Brooks
SF - Wallace - Childress
PF - Humpfries - Evans
C - Blowpez - Blitchy

PG - Nets
SG - Tie
SF - Philly
PF - Tie
C - Philly

Now the Knicks -

PG - Kidd - Felton - Prigs
SG - JR - Iman
SF - Melo - Novak
PF - Amare - Wallace
C - Chandler - Camby

PG - Knicks
SG - Knicks
SF - Knicks
PF - Knicks
C - Knicks

I am sorry but the Knicks are the most underrated team in the east this year

Hello, I've recently made an article about Dallas Mavericks' off season being overrated, and them possibly falling out of the playoff picture http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=749139

Well, I've eyed another team which may have too big expectations for this season, Philadelphia Sixers. I do believe their moves were good for the future, and that they will continue improving. But not this year, this year could prove to be a stepback.

Holiday/LouWilliams
Turner/Meeks
Iguodala/TYoung
Brand/LAllen
Hawes/Vucevic

Holiday/Ivey
Richardson/NYoung
Turner/DWright/Moultrie
Hawes/TYoung/LAllen
Bynum/KBrown

If you look at their last year vs this year roster, you can notice they lost quite a few important players.

First and foremost, Andre Iguodala. I mean, guy is among the best defenders in the league, and best players overall, his departure must hurt them bigtime. They have also lost their best scorer, Lou Williams. Then best 3pt shooter Iguodala(1.2 threes on almost 40% shooting), second best Jodie Meeks(1.5 on 36%) and third best Lou Williams(1.3 on 36%). Next, Iguodala was the best passer(5.5 assists per game), Lou Williams third(3.5). And let's not forget Elton Brand. He declined last year, and might be a wash coming into this season, but he was still Philly's best scorer and rebounder only two years ago.

What they brought in is Andrew Buyum. He's obviously a talent you want to build a team around, but he's not proven just yet. First question mark, injuries, don't seem bad, he was ok last year. But the second question mark might be more dangerous. Immaturity is just something unacceptable for a team leader. I mean, he's expected to carry the whole team forward, and it's still doubtful if he can cope with his own problems.

Then Nick Young. He can score in bunches, but if John Wall, and then Chris Paul didn't manage to make him consistent, I doubt Jrue Holiday's floor general skills can help him.

Next, Jason Richardson. He's having an Elton Brand type decline. From 19.3 ppg to 13.9 to 11.6. FG percentage from 47% to 43% to 40%. 3pt percentage from 42% to 38% to 36%. I'm curious to see what's coming up.

There is one thing that remained good about Sixers though, coaching. Doug Collins has a reputation of an excellent coach, especially on the defensive end. So if anything is going to push this team, it's going to be him.

So where do I put Philly in the east? ESPN have them at #3, and I've noticed a lot of the people around PSD hold them high, but I just can't agree with this, call me ignorant or whatever.

Teams that I see above Philly are:
Miami - Obviously.
Boston - Obviously.
Indiana - Obvious to me, don't even want to argue ESPN's rankings.
Brooklyn - Plain better than Philly.
New York - I don't know what to expect of this team, but they still have Melo/Chandler.

Teams that I see as Philly's rivals for 6th seed:
Chicago - DRose is still out, and their roster also seems weakened from the last season, but they still had 50-16 record, and they have a good coach in Thibodau. I refuse to count them out just yet.
Milwaukee - Quality roster and solid coaching. They are in the race.

Here we are, I claim Philadelphia can easily end up grabbing the last seed.

Other teams that might have a hope to sneak into playoffs:
Atlanta - Finally departed Johnson, no idea what to expect of them.
Washington - If they want to enter the playoffs, this is the time. They don't have any flexibility for the future or anything. They improved as much as they could(and they did), so let's see the results.

So that's my two bold predictions, or disagreeings with general consensus, or call them whatever.

1) Dallas might fall out of the playoff picture, and continue the downward spiral.
2) Philadelphia won't be good as predicted, might end up grabbing one of the last seeds for the playoffs.

Swashcuff
10-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Haha I love it. So by me saying Hawes might be the second best player on the Sixers is ridiculous? Please enlighten me who is clearly better. Jrue? Turner?

PER's

Jrue - 14.74
Turner - 12.69
Hawes - 18.19

So because Jrue averaged a few more points he's better? I said Hawes "might" be the second best player. It actually might be Thad Young too. That's really more of a knock on Jrue and Turner then praising Hawes or Young. The Sixers are Bynum and a bunch of role players, not the recipe for a top 3 team.

But dude we can't use PER on its own to determine who "might" be a team's 2nd best player. In that case we can simply say that Iggy was the 5th best player on our team last season behind Hawes, Brand, Young and Williams. I think everyone knows that sure as hell aint the case.

Westbrook36
10-02-2012, 09:52 AM

PER's

Jrue - 14.74
Turner - 12.69
Hawes - 18.19

OMG PER!!!!

:sigh:

Rockice_8
10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
I cant believe that this guy is saying that he doesn't know about the knicks making the playoffs but they have chandler/melo LOL really??

and Brooklyn better than Philly?!?!? LOL
wow you must not know **** about basketball

PG - Holiday - Ivey
SG - Richardson - Young
SF - Turner - Wright
PF - Young - Hawes
C - Bynum - Brown

vs.

PG - Williams - Watson
SG - Johnson - Brooks
SF - Wallace - Childress
PF - Humpfries - Evans
C - Blowpez - Blitchy

PG - Nets
SG - Tie
SF - Philly
PF - Tie
C - Philly

Now the Knicks -

PG - Kidd - Felton - Prigs
SG - JR - Iman
SF - Melo - Novak
PF - Amare - Wallace
C - Chandler - Camby

PG - Knicks
SG - Knicks
SF - Knicks
PF - Knicks
C - Knicks

I am sorry but the Knicks are the most underrated team in the east this year

WTF? You have the Knicks better at every position but you have Richardson and JJ at a tie and Turner better then Wallace? Seriously WTF are you smoking?

PG - Nets
SG - Nets
SF - Nets
PF - Nets (but close)
C - Sixers

PG - Sixers
SG - Tie (slightly tilited towards Knicks)
SF - Knicks
PF - Knicks
C - Sixers

I can see one person that isn't underrating the Knicks.

uprightciti
10-02-2012, 10:03 AM
that knicks kush homie

WTF? You have the Knicks better at every position but you have Richardson and JJ at a tie and Turner better then Wallace? Seriously WTF are you smoking?

PG - Nets
SG - Nets
SF - Nets
PF - Nets (but close)
C - Sixers

PG - Sixers
SG - Tie (slightly tilited towards Knicks)
SF - Knicks
PF - Knicks
C - Sixers

I can see one person that isn't underrating the Knicks.

Rockice_8
10-02-2012, 10:10 AM
But dude we can't use PER on its own to determine who "might" be a team's 2nd best player. In that case we can simply say that Iggy was the 5th best player on our team last season behind Hawes, Brand, Young and Williams. I think everyone knows that sure as hell aint the case.

It's not just PER though. A 12 and 14 PER is bad. Iggy's PER was up there just cause it was slightly lower doesn't mean much but when you have a PER around 12 that's not good at all for a starter.

Just look at the numbers Jrue averaged 12 and 5 on 43% shooting and yes he plays good D. Turner is probably the second best player you have but my point was that a case can be made for Hawes or even Young and that they really aren't considered anything more then role players. Meaning you have Bynum and a bunch of role players which doesn't equate to a top 3-4 team in a much improved East.

It's not the end all be all stat but good players have PER's up over 18 and Jrue and Turner despite how good you think they are were not very efficient last year. Iggy's value was increased by his D which is top notch. Without his all world defense he really isn't all that great of a player on offense, which is why his PER is only slightly above average.

Swashcuff
10-02-2012, 10:11 AM
The whole Player A > Player B or this SG better than that SG nonsense needs to stop. There are way more variables that have to be taken into consideration before one can defiantly say who's team is better than whom.

Rockice_8
10-02-2012, 10:14 AM
that knicks kush homie

That's some good stuff right there.

Rockice_8
10-02-2012, 10:15 AM
The whole Player A > Player B or this SG better than that SG nonsense needs to stop. There are way more variables that have to be taken into consideration before one can defiantly say who's team is better than whom.

I agree with that 100%.

Swashcuff
10-02-2012, 10:21 AM
It's not just PER though. A 12 and 14 PER is bad. Iggy's PER was up there just cause it was slightly lower doesn't mean much but when you have a PER around 12 that's not good at all for a starter.

Jrue's PER was closer to 15 and yes he did have one of the worst PERs of all starting PGs in the NBA. That is not the only metric there is.

Just look at the numbers Jrue averaged 12 and 5 on 43% shooting and yes he plays good D.

More like 14 and 5 in an offense where he was asked to score more and create less later in the season after being asked to create more and score less earlier in the season.

Turner is probably the second best player you have but my point was that a case can be made for Hawes or even Young and that they really aren't considered anything more then role players. Meaning you have Bynum and a bunch of role players which doesn't equate to a top 3-4 team in a much improved East.

Given the fact that Jrue Holiday is only 22 and Turner is only 23 I think calling them role players at this point in their career is harsh. The natural progression of a player is one such that when he gets older he's generally expected to get better how much better remains to be seen but that doesn't make them just role players especially seeing that from next season they will both have their biggest "role" yet. To be star quality players.

It's not the end all be all stat but good players have PER's up over 18 and Jrue and Turner despite how good you think they are were not very efficient last year. Iggy's value was increased by his D which is top notch. Without his all world defense he really isn't all that great of a player on offense, which is why his PER is only slightly above average.

Why 18? Why not 20? Why not 17? Why not 19? 18 is an arbitrary number and really doesn't equate to a reasonable cut off. There are many variables that PER on its own don't take into consideration. Variables that do make a player as you say a good player. Iggy is actually quite valuable on offense and IMO he'll be greatly missed on both ends of the floor not just D and his PER really doesn't take his all world D into consideration.

Knicks21
10-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Neither Nick Young or Williams play defence, so I dont understand the reasoning behind that saying Young is a replacement on the same level when they had a difference of 8 in PER points.

SeoulBeatz
10-02-2012, 10:28 AM

PER's

Jrue - 14.74
Turner - 12.69
Hawes - 18.19

Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying.

Westbrook36
10-02-2012, 10:51 AM

Just look at the numbers Jrue averaged 12 and 5 on 43% shooting and yes he plays good D. Turner is probably the second best player you have but my point was that a case can be made for Hawes or even Young and that they really aren't considered anything more then role players. Meaning you have Bynum and a bunch of role players which doesn't equate to a top 3-4 team in a much improved East.

The whole point of moving Iggy was to see what Evan Turner and Jrue Holiday can do in expanded roles. Both of these players we are expecting to take a leap in production, especially Turner. Turner defensively is pretty strong up to this point and adding in Bynum to the middle of our defense will greatly help the loss of Iggy. The biggest problem with the 76ers last season was the lack of a dominate post player and we assume Bynum will be that person. The 76ers certainly have question marks, what team doesn't? Plenty of talent on the roster to be a top team in the East.

shep33
10-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Heat
Celtics
Pacers
Nets
Knicks
Sixers
Bulls
Raptors

Wow Raps in the post season... Haha it's been so long. Depends on health I think. I think they're maybe a year away though. Lots of development and chemistry needs to develop. Lowry is awesome, but they need Bargs to be healthy and the Lithuanian rookie is still a question mark. I'm not quite sold on Ross yet either, seems like Toronto always reaches with their lottery picks.

Hope I'm wrong though, Toronto has some of the NBA's best fans.

ThunderMan724
10-02-2012, 04:15 PM
With Bynum & Co. I cant see the sixers not making the playoffs. Cmon it's the east...

Teams that will make it above the 76ers,

Heat
Celtics
Pacers
Knicks
Bulls/Nets

Leaving 3 spots for Bulls/Nets, Wizards, Bucks and the Sixers. I definitely think the Sixers could beat out all three of these teams of though, and maybe even the Knicks.

Sadds The Gr8
10-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Philly is getting overrated like hell. They'll make the playoffs, but it won't be the cakewalk people think it'll be. I think they'll get like the 6th seed or something if Bynum stays healthy

ManningToTyree
10-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Heat
Celtics
Bulls
Pacers
Knicks
Nets
Sixers
?

THE MTL
10-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I think Philly is the most overrated team in the NBA. I've seen articles of them being 7th best in the NBA, 3rd in the Eastern conference, 2nd in Atlantic division all because they got Andrew Bynum???

Bynum is going to be doubled EVERY NIGHT and I like to see how he deals with that. Also, they are putting alot of faith into Evan Turner who has proven absolutely NOTHING.

I've said this so many times, but Philly was great (up until Allstar break last year) because of their chemistry and team play. Now that they have lost key players to that chemistry like Brand, Meeks, Iggy, and Williams.

And NEW YORK KNICKS are BETTER than Philly! quote me.

xxplayerxx23
10-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I like Holiday and Turner to step itup. I think they are a 4-5 Seed in the east.

2-ONE-5
10-02-2012, 05:32 PM

I think Philly is the most overrated team in the NBA. I've seen articles of them being 7th best in the NBA, 3rd in the Eastern conference, 2nd in Atlantic division all because they got Andrew Bynum???

Bynum is going to be doubled EVERY NIGHT and I like to see how he deals with that. Also, they are putting alot of faith into Evan Turner who has proven absolutely NOTHING.

I've said this so many times, but Philly was great (up until Allstar break last year) because of their chemistry and team play. Now that they have lost key players to that chemistry like Brand, Meeks, Iggy, and Williams.

your quoted. and u can quote me that the Sixers are better then the Nets and Knicks

jmoney85
10-02-2012, 06:41 PM
your quoted. and u can quote me that the Sixers are better then the Nets and Knicks

I lol'd at this post

2-ONE-5
10-02-2012, 07:02 PM
and the whole NBA lol's at the Knicks every year.

xxplayerxx23
10-02-2012, 07:05 PM

Yeah cuz Philly is good every year :eyebrow:

jmoney85
10-02-2012, 08:05 PM

I could care less... im not a knicks fan

ldawg
10-02-2012, 08:24 PM
I tell u what being a Laker will put u on the map. High expectations will follow Bynum. Its now up to Bynum to live live up to it. The Sixers are back in the spotlight. Sixers aint had this kind of talk since AI.

MetroMan
10-02-2012, 08:26 PM
bynum will score alot but his field goal and turn over percentage will be crap

Reptar
10-03-2012, 02:34 AM
I can't wait to watch Bynum shyt on everybody this year.

Alayla
10-03-2012, 04:08 AM

STOP Binging UP LOU are you people lost?!!! in what way is lou a + player? its starting to tick me off.

YouAreSoWrong
10-03-2012, 04:48 AM
Everyones overreacting if they think the Sixers dont have talent...we lost Iggy, Lou Will, Brand, Shooting, Defense, Blah blah blah...what it comes to is this...

We added:
A top 2 scoring center in the NBA
A top 2 rebounding center in the NBA
A top 4 most efficient scoring center in the NBA
A top 5 shot blocking center in the NBA

I know Hawes had a solid year when healthy...but please tell me that those numbers, in comparison to position and everything...isnt more valuable than a guy like Iggy to have on your team.

We drafted Moultrie who I'm excited to see what he's made of. In addition to that, we still have Hawes, Thad Young, Lavoy Allen to shuffle around with the big men...didnt forget to mention kwame jus would rather not...

We have Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner as our backcourt...this is what a lot of us have wanted. A full season to see them grow. I don't see J Rich starting at 2 and Evan at 3...I see Jrue/Evan/Wright/Thad or Hawes/Bynum...Evan can do his thing, drive, pass, rebound...Wright can be on the perimeter...and Jrue can boost his assists by working an offense around getting the ball in the post and stretching the court.

Lou Will gave up as many points as he scored... don't get why people obsess over the guy...hes a scorer but a god awful defender...I'd much rather Turner with a bench of J Rich, Wright, Young.

We will be a top 5 team in the East...it will take some adjusting to do in the early run, but we will click by mid season and be strong and hopefully healthy heading into the playoffs

Knicks21
10-03-2012, 05:04 AM

Melo and JJ are going to go off for 40 points on this sixer team. Exaggeration maybe, but certainly nothing will hold them back.

Aleksandar
10-03-2012, 02:23 PM
STOP Binging UP LOU are you people lost?!!! in what way is lou a + player? its starting to tick me off.

I understand what you're saying mate. Some players just hurt their team, more than they contribute. I haven't watched Lou much, that's why I wasn't aware of this.

Beasley was averaging 20ppg and on a good shooting percentage in Kurt Rambis' Minnesota. Adelman booted him as soon as he got the chance.

mp3
10-03-2012, 02:42 PM

They're at least fighting for a playoff spot. The Knicks are trash lol

2-ONE-5
10-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Melo and JJ are going to go off for 40 points on this sixer team. Exaggeration maybe, but certainly nothing will hold them back.

u act like Turner is some slouch on D...

neither will be able to keep ET from getting to the net...

jmoney85
10-03-2012, 06:29 PM

:facepalm:

jmoney85
10-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Everyones overreacting if they think the Sixers dont have talent...we lost Iggy, Lou Will, Brand, Shooting, Defense, Blah blah blah...what it comes to is this...

We added:
A top 2 scoring center in the NBA
A top 2 rebounding center in the NBA
A top 4 most efficient scoring center in the NBA
A top 5 shot blocking center in the NBA

I know Hawes had a solid year when healthy...but please tell me that those numbers, in comparison to position and everything...isnt more valuable than a guy like Iggy to have on your team.

We drafted Moultrie who I'm excited to see what he's made of. In addition to that, we still have Hawes, Thad Young, Lavoy Allen to shuffle around with the big men...didnt forget to mention kwame jus would rather not...

We have Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner as our backcourt...this is what a lot of us have wanted. A full season to see them grow. I don't see J Rich starting at 2 and Evan at 3...I see Jrue/Evan/Wright/Thad or Hawes/Bynum...Evan can do his thing, drive, pass, rebound...Wright can be on the perimeter...and Jrue can boost his assists by working an offense around getting the ball in the post and stretching the court.

Lou Will gave up as many points as he scored... don't get why people obsess over the guy...hes a scorer but a god awful defender...I'd much rather Turner with a bench of J Rich, Wright, Young.

We will be a top 5 team in the East...it will take some adjusting to do in the early run, but we will click by mid season and be strong and hopefully healthy heading into the playoffs

negative

Swashcuff
10-03-2012, 10:23 PM
negative

All things considered there are no two better offensive Cs in the NBA than Bynum and Dwight. I'll like to hear you argue for someone else.

jmoney85
10-03-2012, 10:58 PM
All things considered there are no two better offensive Cs in the NBA than Bynum and Dwight. I'll like to hear you argue for someone else.

uhhh brook lopez? lol hes a much better offensive player than andrew bynum

2-ONE-5
10-03-2012, 10:59 PM

:facepalm: see i can do it do. but unlike mine, yours is deserving

jmoney85
10-03-2012, 11:23 PM
:facepalm: see i can do it do. but unlike mine, yours is deserving

when has andrew bynum scored 20 ppg in a season?

Swashcuff
10-03-2012, 11:24 PM

I know you're trolling me right now. Again can you name and give reason why Bynum isn't a top 2 offensive C?

Swashcuff
10-03-2012, 11:28 PM

When has Bynum shot the ball 16 times a game over the course of a season?

TheIlladelph16
10-03-2012, 11:33 PM
I know you're trolling me right now. Again can you name and give reason why Bynum isn't a top 2 offensive C?

Him and DoMeFavors actually believe that Lopez is better on the offensive end. Its not trolling at this point. It's in every damn thread that comes up about the Nets unfortunately.

In no way, shape or form is Lopez a better offensive C than Bynum. Nets fans are just excited to be relevant again, and are latching on to their roster.

jmoney85
10-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Him and DoMeFavors actually believe that Lopez is better on the offensive end. Its not trolling at this point. It's in every damn thread that comes up about the Nets unfortunately.

In no way, shape or form is Lopez a better offensive C than Bynum. Nets fans are just excited to be relevant again, and are latching on to their roster.

actually nice try but a lot of people say the same thing

good luck philly

8th seed at best

Alayla
10-04-2012, 03:41 AM

good luck philly

8th seed at best

***** you cute. Yes homo.

Knicks21
10-04-2012, 04:26 AM

Melo has a more defensive win shares than turner....

ldawg
10-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Bynum is healthy and can now work on his game in the off season. He should be better than he has been. Lopez is good but he need to work on rebounds and D. Bynum problem in the past has been the pace of the games. He would get tired quick and start jogging and cheating on D. What will kill Bynum is if the other team plays an uptempo style so the coach will have to make sure him or his knee dont fatigue. His teammate will also need to learn they cant run all the time. If Bynum dont get those touches he gets bored and dont play hard. The good thing is he is more healthy than he has ever been and he is in great shape so that might change. He plays lazy at times but he is not a lazy person. That is where the lazy, Stamina or passion talk comes up. To help him Lakers had to anchor him close to the basket at all times. That is when his rebounds and blocks started to mount up and Lakers played at a slow pace. The new Nba is a more uptempo but with Bynum it will take 2 or 3 defenders to stop him close to the basket. It will take time be patient the potential is there for them to be great.

Swashcuff
10-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Melo has a more defensive win shares than turner....

Dead wrong and even so used by itself DWS is not a good metric of gauging individuals overall value on D.

2-ONE-5
10-04-2012, 12:19 PM

when did I say he has?

2-ONE-5
10-04-2012, 12:20 PM

good luck philly

8th seed at best

sig bet, u wont

Alayla
10-04-2012, 06:06 PM
No but srsly why so many bynum threads? What can we say about this that hasn't been said

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-04-2012, 09:09 PM

They've been a helluva lot better than the Knicks for the past decade.

Anyways back on topic, I do really like Bynum. He makes their offense so much better and Philly has needed a big man for a very long time now. not having Iggy's elite D will hurt but they've still got some good and solid perimeter defenders on that team. I see them finishing third in the east.

JordansBulls
10-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Philly can very well win the Atlantic still.

xxplayerxx23
10-06-2012, 02:10 PM
They've been a helluva lot better than the Knicks for the past decade.

Anyways back on topic, I do really like Bynum. He makes their offense so much better and Philly has needed a big man for a very long time now. not having Iggy's elite D will hurt but they've still got some good and solid perimeter defenders on that team. I see them finishing third in the east.

lol you comment on everything I post :cry: Yes I agree they have been better then the Knicks over the past Decade but how many championships have they won? Thats my point. I see them anywhere from 3-6 don't see them being worse then 6th.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-07-2012, 12:40 PM
lol you comment on everything I post :cry: Yes I agree they have been better then the Knicks over the past Decade but how many championships have they won? Thats my point. I see them anywhere from 3-6 don't see them being worse then 6th.

The 76ers have won more championships and been to more finals than the Knicks in their histories:shrug:

jmoney85
10-07-2012, 05:13 PM
when did I say he has?

lopez has.... and bynum hasnt... so how is bynum better offensively if numbers prove that he isnt

jmoney85
10-07-2012, 05:14 PM
sig bet, u wont

ill sig bet that the nets and knicks end up with a higher seed than philly

jmoney85
10-07-2012, 05:16 PM
No but srsly why so many bynum threads? What can we say about this that hasn't been said

this isnt a bynum thread btw

MetroMan
10-07-2012, 05:18 PM
The east sucks. Of course Philly gonna make it

2-ONE-5
10-07-2012, 09:01 PM
ill sig bet that the nets and knicks end up with a higher seed than philly

u said 8 seed for the Sixers, backing off now after u realized how ridiculous it sounded?

jmoney85
10-07-2012, 09:22 PM
u said 8 seed for the Sixers, backing off now after u realized how ridiculous it sounded?

No I believe they will be 8th seed at best but Ill sig bet that they wont better than the nets or knicks... remember? you said philly would be better than both!

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-07-2012, 09:24 PM
No I believe they will be 8th seed at best but Ill sig bet that they wont better than the nets or knicks... remember? you said philly would be better than both!

I agree. I think if the Sixers had Lopez instead of Bynum, they'd be a top 4 seed out East easily.

D-Leethal
10-07-2012, 10:09 PM
They are very heavily reliant on one guy who has some of the worst knees in the NBA. If Bynum is healthy and everything clicks they are 4-5 seed potential, if Bynum goes down for an extended period, their whole dynamic changes and quite frankly won't be very good unless Evan Turner makes the leap, which I personally don't see happening. I feel like too many people act like Bynum was an addition to the same team we saw last season and don't account for Lou Williams, Igoudala, and Elton Brand no longer being there, and all 3 guys were huge pieces of that team for the past 4 years or so.

jmoney85
10-07-2012, 11:17 PM
I agree. I think if the Sixers had Lopez instead of Bynum, they'd be a top 4 seed out East easily.

failed troll attempt

jmoney85
10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
They are very heavily reliant on one guy who has some of the worst knees in the NBA. If Bynum is healthy and everything clicks they are 4-5 seed potential, if Bynum goes down for an extended period, their whole dynamic changes and quite frankly won't be very good unless Evan Turner makes the leap, which I personally don't see happening. I feel like too many people act like Bynum was an addition to the same team we saw last season and don't account for Lou Williams, Igoudala, and Elton Brand no longer being there, and all 3 guys were huge pieces of that team for the past 4 years or so.

this this this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Iggy8294
10-07-2012, 11:35 PM
you forgot to add that the additions of nick young, jason richardson, and dorrell wright will do absolutely nothing for our team...

jmoney85
10-07-2012, 11:41 PM
you forgot to add that the additions of nick young, jason richardson, and dorrell wright will do absolutely nothing for our team...

:facepalm:

Alayla
10-07-2012, 11:49 PM

i feel like people are not paying attention what does Lou do well?... waiting score? lol not really he was ineffective and forced to score alot because we had no one else willing to take shots. Lou does nothing noticeably better than Nick young (also an awfull player in terms of playing the right way) we upgraded meeks with Jrich who honestly if he has a decent season does a better job of scoreing for us than lou anyways.

Iggy was downgraded to Wright.. that hurts.. alot yes at least on the defensive end and somewhat on offense but its not as though wright is a below average Defender.

Brand was upgraded To Bynum ...dont see how you can complain about this.
you can say yea well bynum might get hurt!! well brand getting hurt last year was just as real a possibility and didn't happen and too assume he defiantly will is silly

Battie was replaced and possibly upgraded with Brown

we also added ivey and wanys but lost sam young.. eh w/e XD
the point is Talent wise we have a better group not a worse one its just about if they mesh or not

jmoney85
10-08-2012, 12:09 AM
but if lou was still on your team you would be praising him like he was jesus shuttlesworth lol