PDA

View Full Version : Darko Milicic is willing to kill a man if need be

spreadeagle
10-01-2012, 05:01 PM
LOL I find this awesome for some reason, im starting to like this guy.

Doc Rivers and the rest of the Boston Celtics may not know what they’re getting from Darko Milicic heading into the season, but one certainty is that Milicic is willing to play hard. Well, maybe a little too hard. Per CSNNE: “All the things of the past that seemed to weigh Milicic down, appear to have dissipated — for now, at least. Reliving the past doesn’t do Milicic any good. Living in the past? That’s even worse. ‘I’m done trying to prove I’m the No. 2 pick and that [expletive] stuff,’ Milicic said. ‘This year, it’s all about Celtics, to show that I am a team player. It’s not about me. It’s about us as a team.’ Milicic added: ‘I’ll do whatever it takes, whatever I need to do to help this team. So now, if I have to go kill someone on the court, I’ll kill someone on the court’ [...] ‘Whatever needs to be done for the team to be better,’ Milicic added, ‘I’ll do it.’”

WOAH THERE, SERBIAN GANGSTER.

That’s what Rasheed Wallace once called Milicic. And Milicic kind of has a past history of anger management. After a Serbian national game, he went on a tirade (link, extremely very not safe for work) in which he threatened to, er… well there’s sexual activity involving the wives and daughters of the officials. Yeah. Awkward. Milicic was fined for the comments.

He also went all Hulk Smash on his jersey back with the Grizzlies. He’s an older, more mature player now, but still had his clashes with Rick Adelman in Minnesota, who gets along with just about everybody. Well, at least he’s fired up. KG should like that part. We’ll see how this works out with the Celtics, but yikes.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/30/quote-of-the-day-darko-will-kill-someone-on-the-court-if-he-has-to-yikes/
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/10/darko-milicic-is-willing-to-kill-someone-on-the-court/

JNoel
10-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Lmao, the guy just looks like a cold killer

HeaTxRipZz
10-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Maybe this will be the year he finally breaks out

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 05:10 PM
uhhhh, bull ****. Milicic is a pouting baby with the self esteem of an 11 year old girl. If he doesn't have his team or coach constantly babying him, he just sulks, fakes an injury, and eats pastrami sandwiches on the stationary bike at practice.

nycericanguy
10-01-2012, 05:12 PM
uhhhh, bull ****. Milicic is a pouting baby with the self esteem of an 11 year old girl. If he doesn't have his team or coach constantly babying him, he just sulks, fakes an injury, and eats pastrami sandwiches on the stationary bike at practice.

Or Hamburgers at the end of the Knicks bench... I warned you guys about him!

MIN is paying him $7m to play for BOS...nuff said

spreadeagle
10-01-2012, 05:12 PM
I can already picture KG in this guys ear already telling em hes gotta be a goon and go at ppl

Corey
10-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Check out this video of Darko's off-season training:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-2-CaL1g7c

Dude is a beast.

P Harvy
10-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Having watched Milicic over the past few years I think he meant to say he would kill any man in the bench minutes department.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 05:17 PM

Dude is a beast.

honestly, none of that is difficult. But whatever. Maybe KG can get something out of him defensively. He is a lost cause offensively.

Corey
10-01-2012, 05:18 PM
honestly, none of that is difficult. But whatever. Maybe KG can get something out of him defensively. He is a lost cause offensively.

Bitter Minnesota fan is bitter :p

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Or Hamburgers at the end of the Knicks bench... I warned you guys about him!

MIN is paying him $7m to play for BOS...nuff said

That was the one thing I found funny. With all the stupid deals handed to crappy centers around the NBA for the last decade, PSD decided the one Kahn gave out was the one to bring up. Ridiculous.

7 footers under the age of 28 with a pulse make $5 million + a year. Period.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Bitter Minnesota fan is bitter :p

hahaha, omg you can have him dude. I will take your backup from last year for cheaper than we paid Milicic. At least Stiemsma actually plays hard.

Honestly, that routine wasn't difficult at all. Then again, I am not 7', 270 lbs..

hugepatsfan
I love it!

Lil Rhody

ugh i wish i could live that life......

Iron24th
10-01-2012, 05:28 PM
hahaha, omg you can have him dude. I will take your backup from last year for cheaper than we paid Milicic. At least Stiemsma actually plays hard.

Honestly, that routine wasn't difficult at all. Then again, I am not 7', 270 lbs..

Agree, anyone who often experiment the gym in his life knows that there is nothing difficult in this video, I'm not pro and I already made tougher trainings.

topdog
10-01-2012, 05:43 PM

Dude is a beast.

I started watching this and thought you were being sarcastic. I mean, he lays there at the start of the video waiting to be helped up (he's lazy) The only beastly about that whole video is the end when he's boxing and that's only because he's 7ft tall.

I think he'll do better in Boston especially since there is no one to replcae him, but I'm much happier to have Stiemsma/Cunningham/Amundson who work their ***** off nightly and won't just kill but will die for the team.

Blink
10-01-2012, 05:47 PM
So glad my Pistons drafted him #2.

sixer04fan
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
This is the kind of dedication I need from my fantasy team players.

smith&wesson
10-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I love darko .. he's nuts.

i always get reminded of this clip when his name is brought up. mutombo mad and trying to act tough with darko. lol he just laughs in his face. i love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR2YfYqoLoI

Corey
10-01-2012, 05:55 PM

We're paying Darko the minimum to be a 3rd string center.

I'll take him every day of the week.

smith&wesson
10-01-2012, 05:57 PM

I agree.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 05:57 PM

Well, you will have to forgive Knicks and Wolves fans specifically for not buying into him at all at this point. I am not going to argue over a guy who will rack up a heavy amount of DNP's, but his motivation level is the opposite of your reputation level haha

IndyRealist
10-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Wait....up until now, Darko's been TRYING to prove he was worth a #2 pick?

Chronz
10-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Ive always liked him, always hated the GM's that gave him his salary, till now.

Corey
10-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I started watching this and thought you were being sarcastic. I mean, he lays there at the start of the video waiting to be helped up (he's lazy) The only beastly about that whole video is the end when he's boxing and that's only because he's 7ft tall.

I think he'll do better in Boston especially since there is no one to replcae him, but I'm much happier to have Stiemsma/Cunningham/Amundson who work their ***** off nightly and won't just kill but will die for the team.

The entire sequence of agility drills is impressive for someone that's 7' - 275.

Gram
10-01-2012, 06:30 PM
When he played for Detroit, we were willing to kill him too.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Ive always liked him, always hated the GM's that gave him his salary, till now.

Darko is so fragile mentally. He is also a straight up pansy. Turns dunks into 7 foot fadeaways, limps off the floor whenever he isn't playing well, and just sulks and gets out of shape unless you cater to him like a scared child.

Does he have defensive potential? Yes. But the GM's that gave him his deals are of no consequence.

MonroeFAN
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Darko is a huge *****, but he can certainly talk the talk. I am loving the fact that Celtic fans are excited about athleticism.

Even the Burgerking can slam on him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utX0YY1FycI

And his trainer look's like he's about 180 pounds.

Corey
10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
I think you're over-exaggerating Celtic' fans excitement.

He's 3rd on the depth chart at center behind KG and Wilcox.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 07:31 PM

oh for sure. I just think Milicic is hot garbage at this point.

Kashmir13579
10-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Bill Simmons was buggin out the other day on twitter about Darko.

natelpete
10-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Darko will only disappoint

Cal827
10-01-2012, 07:52 PM
:laugh:

Aleksandar
10-01-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't buy it. If he got motivated, I don't it will last more than a month or so. He'll get back to his usual self sooner or later..

fadedmario
10-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm a Darko fan now.

t0nyg11
10-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Watch out NBA :guns:

MagicBucsSox
10-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Ppl dissing Darko but he's become a decent shot blocker and allows KG to come off the bench , Boston has a 50/50 chance of reposing the East. The Courtney Lee/jared sullinger additions has flown completely under the radar

CityofTreez
10-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Maybe he can surpass Vlade Divac as a passing Center. You never know?

Corey
10-01-2012, 11:50 PM
oh for sure. I just think Milicic is hot garbage at this point.

Which is completely reasonable considering the crap he pulled last season.

All I can talk about is what I've read from the writers and bloggers in the area that I trust, and everything seems to be really positive so far.

Even if it doesn't work out, you cant really lose on a minimum contract. If he does blow, the Celtics still have Jason Collins to fall back on as a 3rd string center.

Never know how being around KG on a daily basis can change someone's motivation.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Which is completely reasonable considering the crap he pulled last season.

All I can talk about is what I've read from the writers and bloggers in the area that I trust, and everything seems to be really positive so far.

Even if it doesn't work out, you cant really lose on a minimum contract. If he does blow, the Celtics still have Jason Collins to fall back on as a 3rd string center.

Never know how being around KG on a daily basis can change someone's motivation.

I honestly think KG may shank him in the shower for stealing his nachos.

Corey
10-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Nah dude, Darko's a killer.

Hawkeye15
10-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Nah dude, Darko's a killer.

a killer of pastrami sandwiches? Yes.

ewmania
10-02-2012, 02:17 AM
maybe this year he'll finally break out.... ..... .... in hives

WaltonSystem
10-02-2012, 03:15 AM
The man is a Serbian Gangster.

He doesn't believe in banks and keeps his money with him at all times.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/darko-milicic-doesn-t-fancy-banks-keep-money-173748208.html

PacersForLife
10-02-2012, 03:56 AM
Man, the Celtics acquired a few killers this off-season...

Badluck33
10-02-2012, 06:19 AM
cant wait for him to play up against C.Bosh...

MonroeFAN
10-02-2012, 07:11 AM

Right on.