PDA

View Full Version : NY: Does getting older = getting better?

JasonJohnHorn
10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
NY started the offseason by picking up Marcus Camby and Jason Kidd. I thought both were good pick ups. Now they've apparently added Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace. There is no doubt in my mind that Kidd will do well coming off the bench and that Camby will be providing solid rebounding and defence. Thomas, I'm not so sure about since he hasn't done very much the last couple of seasons, but it doesn't hurt to have a vet like him as your 12th man instead of some rookie who is likely to make rookie mistakes when you call on him. As for Wallace, again a big question mark since he hasn't played the last couple of seasons and when he did he seemed pretty content just jacking up 3's.

But what do you think? Does getting older, in this case, mean getting better?

HeaTxRipZz
10-01-2012, 12:02 PM
I mean you can't deny the guys being brought in are battle tested which I guess makes it better in that sense. As far as contribution goes I wouldn't expect much from Rasheed. Kurt showed he could still play given spot minutes.

A backup PF was definitely needed but one has to wonder if bringing Rasheed out of retirement was the right move.

xxplayerxx23
10-01-2012, 12:06 PM
They slightly improved their PG depth even though I think Lin>Felton. I think Camby off the bench is huge. Hopefully Smith can come back to being a decent option off the bench. I think we can be anywhere from a 2 seed(Unlikely) to a 5-6 seed range (hopefully a 3 seed so we don't see Miami in round 2 if we made it that far) I think we improved.

NYsFinest
10-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Camby and Kidd are going to be the only two getting significant minutes and I think everyone can agree that those two are good additions in limited roles. I don't see Kurt or Rasheed playing much, more like a vet presence in the lockerroom and two big bodies that can step in for a little if needed. There is no minutes available to them considering all 48 minutes at the 5 will be played by Chandler/Camby and whenever Amar'e sits, Melo will usually play the 4. I see those two as more of an insurance policy if someone gets hurt... and I prefer them over someone like Renaldo Balkman.

The main bench will be Kidd, JR, Brewer (once shump is healthy), Novak and Camby... Much better bench than last year.

xcrisisx
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Camby and Kidd are going to be the only two getting significant minutes and I think everyone can agree that those two are good additions in limited roles. I don't see Kurt or Rasheed playing much, more like a vet presence in the lockerroom and two big bodies that can step in for a little if needed. There is no minutes available to them considering all 48 minutes at the 5 will be played by Chandler/Camby and whenever Amar'e sits, Melo will usually play the 4. I see those two as more of an insurance policy if someone gets hurt... and I prefer them over someone like Renaldo Balkman.

The main bench will be Kidd, JR, Brewer (once shump is healthy), Novak and Camby... Much better bench than last year.

looks good! now they need to build some sort of chem

oak2455
10-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Here's the article

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1171698

NY Knicks are older with Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas and maybe Rasheed Wallace - but are they better?

Kathy Willens/AP

From feel good to feeling old. That’s what the Knicks have become in the post-Jeremy Lin era.

It’s hard to decipher if management built a team capable of beating Miami or one that should just retire there. The recent additions of Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas and presumably Rasheed Wallace give the Knicks plenty of experience as well as four players with plenty of mileage on their legs.

Each of them can make an important contribution and the thinking behind having the roster age right before our eyes is that veterans win in April, May and June. The trick, of course, is having those veterans, especially Kidd, up and running after an 82-game regular season.

Make no mistake about this: the Knicks are all-in this year. With Chicago’s Derrick Rose recovering from a devastating knee injury and Orlando recovering from trading Dwight Howard, the Knicks leapfrog two former contenders in the Eastern Conference. Whether they have done enough to challenge the Miami Heat is another story.

Raymond Felton was acquired to replace Lin, whose departure to Houston angered many Knicks fans. Ronnie Brewer was acquired to replace Landry Fields, whose departure to Toronto was endorsed by many of those same fans. Brewer, though, is nursing a knee injury and may not be available for the start of the regular season, which could mean that J.R. Smith, who is better suited as a backup, becomes the starting shooting guard. Iman Shumpert, whose promising rookie season was cut short by a knee injury in Game 1 against Miami, may not be back until January.

The Knicks have not announced the signing of Wallace, who hasn’t played in two years, but he is expected to be at the team’s training facility in Greenburgh when camp opens on Monday. Wallace is a big-game player but who knows if the veteran forward/center has anything left. All we know for certain is that Wallace will be a favorite of MSG Chairman James Dolan because if anyone detests the media more than Dolan, it’s Wallace.

The worst-kept secret is that Dolan has an active role in the day-to-day operations of the team. It was Dolan, after all, who refused to match the offer sheet Lin received from the Rockets. It’s worth noting that Dolan’s righthand man, MSG vice chairman Hank Ratner, is taking on a bigger role with the club. Ratner feuded with recently departed MSG president Scott O’Neill and won the battle.

Ratner, like Dolan, prefers to stay out of the media spotlight. He and Dolan also have a rule that photographers are not permitted to sit in front of their baseline seats. The other worst kept-secret is that Dolan and Ratner like to keep everything secret. Assistant coaches come and go without the Knicks making announcements. Mike Woodson revamped his coaching staff but the Knicks just won’t acknowledge it. Nor have they announced that Baron Davis, who appeared in 29 games for the Knicks last season, has a job with the club. Patrick Ewing, who appeared in 139 playoff games for the Knicks, does not have a job with the club. Go figure.

But for all the behind-the-scenes activity, the Knicks will only go as far as Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire take them. The Knicks have a losing record when the two play together, including a 1-8 playoff mark. The word on Stoudemire, who led all Knicks in offseason personal appearances, is that he’s healthy and is playing like a beast. Anthony had a strong summer as well.

Ultimately, Melo and Amar’e will be judged on how they perform in the playoffs. And to help them, management went out and signed Kidd, who is two years removed from winning a title in Dallas. He’s proven he can win. Now it’s up to Anthony and Stoudemire to do the same because all this losing is getting old. You might say as old as the Knicks’ bench.

nycericanguy
10-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Additions

Camby
Kidd
Brewer
Felton
Thomas
Pablo
Sheed

Subtractions :

Douglas
Bibby
Fields
Lin
Jorts
Jeffries

They got better for sure, but losing Lin for nothing still hurts.

DoMeFavors
10-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Additions

Camby
Kidd
Brewer
Felton
Thomas
Pablo
Sheed

Subtractions :

Douglas
Bibby
Fields
Lin
Jorts
Jeffries

They got better for sure, but losing Lin for nothing still hurts.

They didnt get better it looks like they got better because most of those players they just added were once really good but now are really old and below average.

Jetsguy
10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
its funny because I am a fan of all NY teams and I saw this on the forum main page and did not know which of my teams it was referring to.

nycericanguy
They didnt get better it looks like they got better because most of those players they just added were once really good but now are really old and below average.

Lin, Fields & JJ are the only guys they lost that really contributed anything, and Lin only played 25 games.

A full season of having an actual PG alone will make them better.

NYKnicksAllDay
It's still an improved bench from last year.

uprightciti
10-01-2012, 12:30 PM
yes

Raidaz4Life
10-01-2012, 12:36 PM
What's going on with the poll question? I'm not even sure how I should vote.

SINCESTARBURY25
10-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Spurs get older
everyones reaction= Their basketball iq is so high they will win the chip for sure
Celtics get older
everyones reaction= Their team is based on old players they know how to win they will be great yet again.
Knicks get older
everyones reaction=they signed a bunch of washed up players. They know how to win but they are to old to win they should all retire even though the core is still young.

Kobe2324
10-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Obviously their is a down side to everything but if they stay healthy by the time April comes around its always good to have some vets on the team, okc would have really benefited from that last June, just having fisher wasn't enough. But I am excited to see the Knicks this year, they are my east team so I hope they get it together and make a good run at it, but I just think miami is s seperior to every other team in the east, not the Knicks made enough moves to give themselves a chance against them. I believe the nba will gets its dream matchup of Kobe vs Lebron this year and probably next year as well...

C_Mund
10-01-2012, 12:45 PM
These guys were brought in to add veteran presence and savvy. There are a lot of personalities on this team and I think they really needed maturity and stability in the locker room. I'm not saying Melo and Amar'e are complete idiots, but I can guarantee that an incident like punching a fire extinguisher won't happen this year.

Side note: If they can't get over the hump this season I don't really see much ever happening for that specific duo

shep33
10-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I think the Knicks are going to be a top defensive team. I think we all knew that, but offensively is where the problem lies.

Which Felton shows up? Kidd has been on a steep decline over the past 3 years. If they added this group but kept Lin, I think they'd be a more complete team. Just not trusting the pg spot of the Knicks right now

Hellcrooner
10-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Watch teh 35 year old rookie run away with ROY :D

PurpleJesus
10-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Spurs get older
everyones reaction= Their basketball iq is so high they will win the chip for sure
Celtics get older
everyones reaction= Their team is based on old players they know how to win they will be great yet again.
Knicks get older
everyones reaction=they signed a bunch of washed up players. They know how to win but they are to old to win they should all retire even though the core is still young.

umm....look at the results of the vote, and read the comments.

NYKGuY
10-01-2012, 12:59 PM
I think the question focuses our attention to the wrong area. When I look at the question, my first thought is how old they are, which would automatically make me think they won't be any good because fact of the matter is I would be thinking about how old all of them (the vets) are.

I think where it really needs to be asked is, how much can they still contribute at their current state? I think all of them will still be able to contribute in spot minutes, which essentially is all that we really need, since our starting 5 get the bulk of minutes anyway. For the guys we got and the spot minutes we need them to play, I think we got the right cast of players for the minutes and the roles we need them to fill.

smith&wesson
10-01-2012, 01:13 PM
wallace and thomas are going to be the end of the bench...

kidd will be an awesome back up pg for felton and will make him better. kidd is also good for chemistry in that locker room and on the floor .

camby will help chandler and stat alot!

felton has good chemistry with stat as well as we have seen in the past.

they still have shumpert,smith, brewer as well

the vet presence cant hurt this team. specially when its someone like kidd who can contribute in a 100 different ways.

they lost lin but they have improved their bench and replaced lin with felton and kidd which is fine.

IndyRealist
10-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Spurs get older
Celtics get older
Knicks get older

The Spurs add young players around an aging core. Has Tony Parker even turned 30 yet? (Looked it up, he turned 30 in May)

Same with the Celtics. They have an older core, with KG and Pierce, a PG in his prime, and surround them with young players. Heck, a third of their team was born in the 90's.

It's not the same scenario at all for the Knicks. They added Kidd and Camby who are on the decline but still good players. But Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace are both WELL past their primes.

IndyRealist
10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
These guys were brought in to add veteran presence and savvy. There are a lot of personalities on this team and I think they really needed maturity and stability in the locker room. I'm not saying Melo and Amar'e are complete idiots, but I can guarantee that an incident like punching a fire extinguisher won't happen this year.

Side note: If they can't get over the hump this season I don't really see much ever happening for that specific duo

I assume you're referring to Jason Kidd and not Rasheed Wallace.

nycericanguy
10-01-2012, 01:44 PM
The Spurs add young players around an aging core. Has Tony Parker even turned 30 yet? (Looked it up, he turned 30 in May)

Same with the Celtics. They have an older core, with KG and Pierce, a PG in his prime, and surround them with young players. Heck, a third of their team was born in the 90's.

It's not the same scenario at all for the Knicks. They added Kidd and Camby who are on the decline but still good players. But Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace are both WELL past their primes.

Who cares? You say that as if NY is counting on major minutes from those guys. Thomas & Sheed will probably play 10mpg, IF THAT. I'm sure they'll be many games where they don't play at all. They are NY's "Juwan Howard"

Chandler
Amare
Melo
Shump
Felton
Kidd
Brewer
Novak
JR
Camby

That is NY's core 10 rotation, and only Kidd & Camby are over 30.

IndyRealist
10-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Can't find the post that said that it's better to have vets at the end of your bench than rookies, or I'd quote it. Yes rookies will mess up occasionally, but like someone else said, the 12 man is only going to get spot minutes, probably from foul trouble.

Normally I'd agree with having vets at the end of the bench. But not guys like Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace. They're so far past their primes that they will hurt as much or more than they help. And if we're talking about DNP guys, I'd rather have rookies. Why? Because at worst rookies will stay the same, and they will probably improve and help your team a couple of years from now. It's extremely unlikely that past-their-prime vets will even keep the same level of production, and highly likely that they will decline immensely.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Getting older is more risky for them, but the talent level of the incoming is higher then the outgoing. Shumpert missing a large chunk of the season hurts, but ultimately, the chemistry and play of Melo/Stat are what is important, as is Felton returning to an above average starting PG.

mightybosstone
10-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I voted yes based solely on the short term. They added some nice veteran pieces which should improve the team defensively for a season or two. However, not having some younger guys could kill them competitively in the long run and more than anything, health will be the determining factor with how far this team goes. If Melo and Amare both can at least 75% of the regular season and be healthy for the playoffs, and most of the role players are still healthy around the postseason, then they could be a very good 50+ win team. But if they miss a huge chunk of time and the older players end up being hurt a lot, then they could end up being a lower playoff seed that gets murdered in the first round again.

SINCESTARBURY25
10-01-2012, 02:00 PM

So shump melo and Amare don't count???

nycericanguy
10-01-2012, 02:05 PM
I voted yes based solely on the short term. They added some nice veteran pieces which should improve the team defensively for a season or two. However, not having some younger guys could kill them competitively in the long run and more than anything, health will be the determining factor with how far this team goes. If Melo and Amare both can at least 75% of the regular season and be healthy for the playoffs, and most of the role players are still healthy around the postseason, then they could be a very good 50+ win team. But if they miss a huge chunk of time and the older players end up being hurt a lot, then they could end up being a lower playoff seed that gets murdered in the first round again.

Health is a question for ANY team. I mean if Garnett misses significant time, BOS won't win either. CHI needs Rose to be healthy...etc.

Losing Lin to you guys for nothing definitely hurt, but NY's plan is pretty clear. ALL IN with this core for the next 2-3 years, if it doesn't work they have TONS of cap space for 2015 and can build around Melo, Shump & maybe Chandler if he's still effective.

29$JerZ
10-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Only Kidd and Camby will get minutes.
Kurt and Prigioni/Sheed are there for worst case scenario.

Knicks can actually use Melo at PF if Amar'e gets hurt, use Brewer at SF is Melo gets hurt, etc.

The age thing is extremely overblown.
It would be different if they were heavy rotation players but none of them are. Kidd is our backup PG and SG until Shump comes back. Camby is there when Tyson is in foul trouble. They aren't getting 30 + minutes.

And the one thing that seems to go by most people's heads are who they are replacing. Kidd even at this age does more than Bibby/Toney can do, same for Camby replacing Jorts/Jordan/Jeffries

IndyRealist
10-01-2012, 02:12 PM
So shump melo and Amare don't count???

Nah, what I'm saying is that the Knicks are a young team adding vets. The Spurs and Celtics are older teams adding youth. So the scenarios are perceived differently because they ARE different.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 02:13 PM
still don't get the Sheed signing. I can't see him sitting quietly on the end of the bench racking up DNP's.

mightybosstone
10-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Health is a question for ANY team. I mean if Garnett misses significant time, BOS won't win either. CHI needs Rose to be healthy...etc.
I agree with this, but the problem with New York is that they have yet to have their core players healthy for an extended period of time AND they never seemed to mesh well under D'Antoni. They also haven't been together as long the Celtics or Bulls core. The lockout shortened season probably didn't do them any favors last season, for sure. But I think if they stay healthy this year with a full season with Mike Woodson, they can develop chemistry with each other and be a pretty good team.

Losing Lin to you guys for nothing definitely hurt, but NY's plan is pretty clear. ALL IN with this core for the next 2-3 years, if it doesn't work they have TONS of cap space for 2015 and can build around Melo, Shump & maybe Chandler if he's still effective.
I agree that this is New York's plan, but part of me wonders if it's the right one. I think the best that the Knicks can honestly hope for is getting killed by the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals. So, it's like they're essentially saying "screw our young guys, we'll wait to rebuild until 2015," but they're doing that under the false assumption that they're a legit contender.

nycericanguy
10-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I agree with this, but the problem with New York is that they have yet to have their core players healthy for an extended period of time AND they never seemed to mesh well under D'Antoni. They also haven't been together as long the Celtics or Bulls core. The lockout shortened season probably didn't do them any favors last season, for sure. But I think if they stay healthy this year with a full season with Mike Woodson, they can develop chemistry with each other and be a pretty good team.

I agree that this is New York's plan, but part of me wonders if it's the right one. I think the best that the Knicks can honestly hope for is getting killed by the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals. So, it's like they're essentially saying "screw our young guys, we'll wait to rebuild until 2015," but they're doing that under the false assumption that they're a legit contender.

We don;t know that yet, obviously MIA right now is in a league of their own, but the other 29 teams aren't going to just lay down. There are always surprise teams in the NBA every year, hell LBJ or Wade or Bosh might get hurt and open the door for another team.

Knicks have a similar team to the 2011 Mavs that beat MIA. They took MIA to 5 games last year, which isn't saying much, but they were missing literally half their team during that series. Whereas a HEALTHY CHI & OKC teams lost to MIA in 5 games as well. So maybe NY isn't as far away as some people think.

Da Knicks
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
We don;t know that yet, obviously MIA right now is in a league of their own, but the other 29 teams aren't going to just lay down. There are always surprise teams in the NBA every year, hell LBJ or Wade or Bosh might get hurt and open the door for another team.

Knicks have a similar team to the 2011 Mavs that beat MIA. They took MIA to 5 games last year, which isn't saying much, but they were missing literally half their team during that series. Whereas a HEALTHY CHI & OKC teams lost to MIA in 5 games as well. So maybe NY isn't as far away as some people think.

To counter Lebron you have to have someone who scores just as much and makes him play defense. You have to defend Wade and make him work on both ends, Shump, Jr, Brewer, Kidd. Bosh has to deal with Stat, Chandler, Camby and now Sheed, Thomas who will come in just to rough him up. Felton will not be phased like Lin did against Chalmers and Kidd seems to know how to play against the Heat pretty good.

IndyRealist
10-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Gotta go with Mightybosstone on this one. You start sacrificing development and bringing in vets when you're a perennial conference finalist, not when you don't get out of the first round.

I'm fine with Kidd and Camby, they're still decent players. But those end-of-bench guys aren't going to be any help two years from now. So if you're bringing them in, then you're all-in THIS year to win it all. And in 2014 when they're a 1st round exit again and fans say, "We had a contender just a year ago! What happened?" this is why. Their stars will have plateaued, and no new young players will be coming in to fill the void.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't really feel like they got much better if at all tbh:shrug:

nycericanguy
10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Gotta go with Mightybosstone on this one. You start sacrificing development and bringing in vets when you're a perennial conference finalist, not when you don't get out of the first round.

I'm fine with Kidd and Camby, they're still decent players. But those end-of-bench guys aren't going to be any help two years from now. So if you're bringing them in, then you're all-in THIS year to win it all. And in 2014 when they're a 1st round exit again and fans say, "We had a contender just a year ago! What happened?" this is why. Their stars will have plateaued, and no new young players will be coming in to fill the void.

You're assuming an awful lot there. Knicks have been very good at finding gems lately, who's to say they can't draft another Shumpert type player this year? Heck even some of the unknown guys they signed this summer seemed to have potential. And who's to say they'll be a 1st round exit in 2014? As older guys fade they can replenish in FAgency with the Mini MLE every year as they did this year.

mightybosstone
10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
This is definitely possible, but if you had to put money on either one of Miami's big three getting hurt during the playoffs or one of New York's big three getting hurt during the playoffs, who would you honestly take?

Knicks have a similar team to the 2011 Mavs that beat MIA.
I'm going to have to agree to disagree with that. Defensively and in terms of veteran leadership they are. But that Mavs team had a core of guys who had been around for years and was one of the best three point shooting teams in the NBA. They just killed it from outside in the playoffs. The Knicks, on the other hand, are horrible at floor spacing and have been together with this core of players for all of five seconds. Also, Dallas had the advantage facing Miami because they had been together longer than the Heat and meshed well together. The Heat have the advantage over the Knicks and always will with these current rosters, which is why the Knicks will not get past the heat barring some freak occurrence.

They took MIA to 5 games last year, which isn't saying much, but they were missing literally half their team during that series. Whereas a HEALTHY CHI & OKC teams lost to MIA in 5 games as well. So maybe NY isn't as far away as some people think.
Yeah, but three of those games weren't close and I'm chalking it up to Miami looking past New York and Melo playing out of his mind in that one victory.

mightybosstone
10-01-2012, 03:08 PM
I don't really feel like they got much better if at all tbh:shrug:

In terms of pure talent I agree. But I think where the Knicks got better was in depth and consistency. They should be a better basketball team with a full season under Mike Woodson and as deep as they are, they won't have to play their stars as many minutes as in previous seasons. With Rose out for a huge chunk of the season and Dwight in the West, I think New York is in perfect position to move up several spots on the Eastern Conference totem pole. They should be a top four seed if they stay healthy.

nycericanguy
10-01-2012, 03:19 PM
This is definitely possible, but if you had to put money on either one of Miami's big three getting hurt during the playoffs or one of New York's big three getting hurt during the playoffs, who would you honestly take?

Let's not act like Wade & Bosh don't have a long injury history. My point was anythings possible, and I'd bank on Wade & Bosh missing some time this year.

I'm going to have to agree to disagree with that. Defensively and in terms of veteran leadership they are. But that Mavs team had a core of guys who had been around for years and was one of the best three point shooting teams in the NBA. They just killed it from outside in the playoffs. The Knicks, on the other hand, are horrible at floor spacing and have been together with this core of players for all of five seconds. Also, Dallas had the advantage facing Miami because they had been together longer than the Heat and meshed well together. The Heat have the advantage over the Knicks and always will with these current rosters, which is why the Knicks will not get past the heat barring some freak occurrence.

Points taken and valid. But no two teams are exactly alike, but there are definitely similarities. We don't know exactly how this Knick team will mesh, but we do know the pieces are there.

Yeah, but three of those games weren't close and I'm chalking it up to Miami looking past New York and Melo playing out of his mind in that one victory.

Now thats just not fair, Knicks beat MIA and its just because "MIA was looking past them". I'm going to go out on a limb and say MIA wasn't looking past ANYONE last year. That was a motivated team from day 1.

I wouldn't say Melo played "out of his mind" either, 41 points on 15-29 isn't anything special, Melo has done that alot. Now Westbrook going 20-32 for 43 points against MIA in game 4 to me qualifies as out of his mind. OKC still lost though, and those last 2 games weren't exactly close either.

xxplayerxx23
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Well I think we slightly improved our PG pos as a whole. I think Felton is going to be better then Last year, and we have some guys that Quote on quote Know how to win and have been deep in the playoffs before. We have the Talent to take anybody out the question is can we put it all together, that we will see soon.

xxplayerxx23
10-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Now thats just not fair, Knicks beat MIA and its just because "MIA was looking past them". I'm going to go out on a limb and say MIA wasn't looking past ANYONE last year. That was a motivated team from day 1.

I wouldn't say Melo played "out of his mind" either, 41 points on 15-29 isn't anything special, Melo has done that alot. Now Westbrook going 20-32 for 43 points against MIA in game 4 to me qualifies as out of his mind. OKC still lost though, and those last 2 games weren't exactly close either.

Westbrook scoring 2 more points is out of his mind? To score 40 in aplayoff game is very impressive both played well. Miami didn't look past us at any point they won in5 fair and square.

nycericanguy
10-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Westbrook scoring 2 more points is out of his mind? To score 40 in aplayoff game is very impressive both played well. Miami didn't look past us at any point they won in5 fair and square.

Westbrook shot 20-32! Thats INSANE %. How many wing players score 40 points and shoot that type of %? That was one of the more spectacular finals performances in a while.

Melo scoring 41 on just over 50% isn't exactly a mind blowing performance.

SINCESTARBURY25
10-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Raymond Felton will be on the allstar team this year. Averaging 22 and 9

seikou8
10-01-2012, 03:33 PM
we havea better bench and better pg depth a full training camp finally a good defense and oh better coach for a full season but games arent played on paper we have alot of question marks have to wait and see cant wait

xxplayerxx23
10-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Westbrook shot 20-32! Thats INSANE %. How many wing players score 40 points and shoot that type of %? That was one of the more spectacular finals performances in a while.

Melo scoring 41 on just over 50% isn't exactly a mind blowing performance.

41 on 50 % shooting wth the entire defense focused on you and Lebron and Battier guardin him? and it was over 50 % FWIW Yeah Id call that mindblowing.

xxplayerxx23
10-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Did he say 22 and 9 for Felton? :laugh:

MrfadeawayJB
10-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Getting older = getting more experience

not so much better

AI
10-01-2012, 03:37 PM
lan Hahn
@alanhahn Knicks projected starting five has an average age of 28.5. Woodsons likely 9-man rotation by playoff time (w/ Iman) is still shade under 30.

This should put things in perspective.

SINCESTARBURY25
10-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Did he say 22 and 9 for Felton? :laugh:

Hell yeah lol im kidding obviously but I like having fun.

mightybosstone
10-01-2012, 03:43 PM

Wow.... Can someone please siq quote this? If not, I might just have to. This is one of the most ridiculous sports predictions I've ever heard.

seikou8
10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Wow.... Can someone please siq quote this? If not, I might just have to. This is one of the most ridiculous sports predictions I've ever heard.

welcome to psd where stupid predictions or things like kobe bryant is goat happens:D

Evolution23
10-01-2012, 03:56 PM
lan Hahn
@alanhahn Knicks projected starting five has an average age of 28.5. Woodsons likely 9-man rotation by playoff time (w/ Iman) is still shade under 30.

This should put things in perspective.

Yeah but who listens to the voice of reason?

jam
10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
The knicks are a big, old team with a lot of plodding veterans. They won't be able to run, so you'll see the offense bog down into predictable half court iso's with carmelo and amare hogging the shots. JR will be chuckin' too, and the caucasian sensation will be scrambling for touches.

I see the knicks winning between 43 and 48 games this season.

IndyRealist
10-01-2012, 05:53 PM
You're assuming an awful lot there. Knicks have been very good at finding gems lately, who's to say they can't draft another Shumpert type player this year? Heck even some of the unknown guys they signed this summer seemed to have potential. And who's to say they'll be a 1st round exit in 2014? As older guys fade they can replenish in FAgency with the Mini MLE every year as they did this year.

No more than assuming that the Knicks are only a Lebron injury away from greatness.

nycericanguy
10-01-2012, 05:57 PM
No more than assuming that the Knicks are only a Lebron injury away from greatness.

:confused:

Da Knicks
10-01-2012, 06:13 PM
:confused:

lmao, knicks had no training camp and no point guard and beat up team when they faced the heat and still managed as many wins as the superstar okc. We shall see the real knicks this season cant wait!

PurpleJesus
10-01-2012, 06:32 PM

Is that a joke? Those numbers would make Chris Paul blush. I see his numbers going up in NY, but 22 and 9 is insane. The offense in NY runs through Carmelo, so 22 points is highly unlikely, as is 9 assists.

Tysons_Beard
10-01-2012, 06:49 PM
as of now, yes.

DoMeFavors
10-01-2012, 08:14 PM
OKC is to young, Miami had similar roster to Knicks of an old team but LeBron,Wade and Bosh are a lot better than anyone on their team. Spurs have a mix of young and old and same with Lakers. The Nets are a middle age team.

SINCESTARBURY25
10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Is that a joke? Those numbers would make Chris Paul blush. I see his numbers going up in NY, but 22 and 9 is insane. The offense in NY runs through Carmelo, so 22 points is highly unlikely, as is 9 assists.

Holy CRAP at all the hate I even stated it was a joke!