PDA

View Full Version : Is lebrons defense overrated?

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-30-2012, 09:34 PM
I admit Lebron is a good defender, but to me it seems like alot of you overrate his defense. Yes the man is versitale e can guard the 1-4 positions notice I didn't mention all 5 because I don't believe he can guard centers as a lot of you think he can... Lebrons may be the best getting blocks from behind defender in the NBA but he isn't close to being a lockdown defender... He can guard the 1-4 well but I've never seen him lock anybody down... So to me yes his defense is overrated, and why because this is really what lock down mode should look like
http://youtu.be/ugkFcXpRan4 and Lebron clearly wasn't ever and probably never will be a lockdown defender... He's good but not great!

Thoughts?

JNoel
09-30-2012, 09:45 PM
He's good.

gwrighter
09-30-2012, 09:48 PM
He is not a great defender but he is definitely a very competent one. You could make an argument for if he wasn't relied upon to orchestrate the offence he could focus more on D and be a great one.

heattiltheend94
09-30-2012, 09:50 PM
when he wants to he can shut down a player (Rose in 2011 for example), but he often plays conservatively (hence he never really fouls out). He is the 4th best defensive player IMO (D12, Chandler, and Tony Allen)

gotoHcarolina52
09-30-2012, 09:51 PM
After going 0-for-5 from the floor with a turnover when guarded by LeBron James in Game 4, Derrick Rose struggled against him once again Thursday, going 1-for-10 with two turnovers in Game 5. Rose shot 6.3 percent from the floor in the series when defended by James, lowest among any player that defended him on five or more plays.
Source (http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310526004)

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2012, 09:53 PM
He's arguably a top 5 overall defender in the league.

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-30-2012, 09:57 PM
He's arguably a top 5 overall defender in the league.

Sorry I just don't see it, maybe top 20

Hawkeye15
09-30-2012, 09:58 PM
He is a top 10 defender in the NBA, for sure.

Avenged
09-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Nah. Unless you have him as the best defender in the league.

DubbyDubbs
09-30-2012, 09:59 PM
i think lebron and kobe are good perimiter defenders since it seems thats the argyment trying to be made here.

you picked a video to show what a lock down defender is however kobe got torched through 3 quarters by TMac for 30+ points... not a good example.. (yes i acknowledged he played decent D in the 4th).

Ebbs
09-30-2012, 10:03 PM
He is utterly dominant on defense. He smothered Rose in the ECF 2 years ago. He pestered the **** out of Harden in the finals this year, he also spent a lot of time on Perkins...

The guy is big, strong, fast, quick, versatile, and a hard worker. He has the entire defensive package

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-30-2012, 10:05 PM
i think lebron and kobe are good perimiter defenders since it seems thats the argyment trying to be made here.

you picked a video to show what a lock down defender is however kobe got torched through 3 quarters by TMac for 30+ points... not a good example.. (yes i acknowledged he played decent D in the 4th).

Kobe didn't guard McGrady until the 4th Q so no he wasn't getting torched, and secondly this isn't a Kobe vs Lebron debate I just used Kobe as an example

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-30-2012, 10:07 PM
He is utterly dominant on defense. He smothered Rose in the ECF 2 years ago. He pestered the **** out of Harden in the finals this year, he also spent a lot of time on Perkins...

The guy is big, strong, fast, quick, versatile, and a hard worker. He has the entire defensive package

Ill give you rose he did an amazing job on him
But harden was just horrible no matter who was guarding him
And really your using Perkins as an example Kobe, Durant could probably guard him as well

rocket
09-30-2012, 10:12 PM
No way

Raidaz4Life
09-30-2012, 10:17 PM
He's more underrated as a defender if anything

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Sorry I just don't see it, maybe top 20

He's top 10 for sure. Arguably top 5. You might not see it, but him being a quality defender is fact.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2012, 10:26 PM
How did Kobe get brought up? He is nowhere near the defender James is now, James won't be either when he has a million games on his knees.

DR_1
09-30-2012, 10:29 PM
A little bit ("smothering" Rose was a team effort, and made much easier by the fact that the Bulls had no clear #2 option at the time, so the Heat just double and triple-teamed Rose), but he is still one of the best defenders in the league

b@llhog24
09-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Only the whole he can guard Centers thing. He's passable at that regard and elite to borderline elite guarding every other position.

Quinnsanity
09-30-2012, 10:39 PM
He's not a lockdown defender in that you can stick him on someone and that person won't score (like a young Ron Artest type), but he's an elite help defender, probably the second most valuable team defender behind Dwight.

bucketss
09-30-2012, 10:43 PM
i would have taken you more seriousif you didn't just use kobe as an example. now you just look like one of kobes fan boys who are usually out trying to discredit/underrate lebron in every aspect of basketball.

UPRock
09-30-2012, 10:49 PM
I admit Lebron is a good defender, but to me it seems like alot of you overrate his defense. Yes the man is versitale e can guard the 1-4 positions notice I didn't mention all 5 because I don't believe he can guard centers as a lot of you think he can... Lebrons may be the best getting blocks from behind defender in the NBA but he isn't close to being a lockdown defender... He can guard the 1-4 well but I've never seen him lock anybody down... So to me yes his defense is overrated, and why because this is really what lock down mode should look like
http://youtu.be/ugkFcXpRan4 and Lebron clearly wasn't ever and probably never will be a lockdown defender... He's good but not great!

Thoughts?

Nope, he's good now do you know who's overrated? Your Kobe.

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-30-2012, 10:51 PM
i would have taken you more seriousif you didn't just use kobe as an example. now you just look like one of kobes fan boys who are usually out trying to discredit/underrate lebron in every aspect of basketball.

Like I said I used that as an example of lock down defense not to compare the two and and no I'm not an idiot I don't underrate or discredit Lebron I call it like it is he's the best player in the league but is overrated on defense oh and the only people here that do that ish are Lebron fan boys people who hate Kobe that always try to discredit Kobe like
Dnewguy
3dasystem
Dade county
Loseaway etc. now those are losers right there

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Nope, he's good now do you know who's overrated? Your Kobe.

Yes your right he's good but not lock down material like alot of you say, and here we go with bringing up Kobe lol give it a rest this isn't about Kobe but yes Kobe at this point is an overrated defender but in his prime Kobe's defense is better then lebrons 7 days a week 24/7!

Cubby
09-30-2012, 11:01 PM
His defense on Rose was pretty trill, but the help defense behind him was a lot more trill. Only trill people understand this... trill.

Teeboy1487
09-30-2012, 11:11 PM
He's a good defender, but not DPOY material. However, he is the most versatile defender I've seen in my life.

dc5jdm
09-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Hes a great help defender but a bit overrated on man to man

koreancabbage
09-30-2012, 11:14 PM
he won't win a defensive player of the year but he'll make multiple NBA first team all-defense like he has already (4) and you will probably see that number rise to 9/10 in all likelyhood.

not the best defender but he sure makes a big difference anywhere on the court.

More-Than-Most
09-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Underrated

Chacarron
09-30-2012, 11:33 PM
He's a good defender, but not DPOY material. However, he is the most versatile defender I've seen in my life.

I disagree, Lebron has what it takes to be DPOY.

Knicks21
09-30-2012, 11:46 PM
I think its more the fact that you are going up against the leagues best player, if you have the confidence you can expose him, but many dont;.

justinnum1
09-30-2012, 11:54 PM
dpoy candidate

MetroMan
10-01-2012, 12:00 AM
his not overrated. but his defense on Durant is way overrated.

seikou8
10-01-2012, 12:01 AM
his not overrated. but his defense on Durant is way overrated.

this

TopsyTurvy
10-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Lebron's defense is overrated whereas his athleticism is not. Now consider how much of his defense is a result of his athleticism?

UPRock
10-01-2012, 02:26 AM
Yes your right he's good but not lock down material like alot of you say, and here we go with bringing up Kobe lol give it a rest this isn't about Kobe but yes Kobe at this point is an overrated defender but in his prime Kobe's defense is better then lebrons 7 days a week 24/7!

Are you ****ing kidding me? :facepalm:

Losoway
10-01-2012, 02:31 AM
if u think lebron defense is overatted your a hater and never watched a king james game in your life

tapajafri
10-01-2012, 02:32 AM
the only people that voted "yes" are probably laker fans

Zefflin
10-01-2012, 02:39 AM
I think its more the fact that you are going up against the leagues best player, if you have the confidence you can expose him, but many dont;.

Lebron's defense is overrated whereas his athleticism is not. Now consider how much of his defense is a result of his athleticism?

These boys got it right...where was his defense the first 7 years of his career? Oh yea, no where until he and the rest of the kids saw how kobe works in the olympics...

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 02:41 AM
These boys got it right...where was his defense the first 7 years of his career? Oh yea, no where until he and the rest of the kids saw how kobe works in the olympics...

I would ask, "you can't be serious". But I think the answer would be yes, you are.

Totally false.

D.O.N.
10-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Lebron is probably the best defender in the league. You can't expect him to hold the best offensive talent in the NBA to 6 points, but he's always on time to challenge the shot, he rotate's well defensively and versitale so he can stay in front of he's man most of the time.

Durant played well against him in the finals, but durant's game is to shoot over people and cause he's taller then bron he was able to, but that dosen't make lebron a poor defender.

He is't overated.

naps
10-01-2012, 03:15 AM
He is underrated on defense because of his INSANE effect on the other end of the court. If you look at all the defensive stats he's right up the among the elites. An absolute DPOY material. One of the most versatile defenders in league history.

Oh and take a look at the poll 90% of "NO" voters are certified Kobephiles :laugh2:

stawka
10-01-2012, 04:32 AM

So TopsyTurvy was right when he said its because of his athleticism, but then you go on and say "where was it in his first 7 years" AND that ridiculous comment about learning from Kobe in the Olympics

First of all, he isn't as athletic now as he was in his younger years

Secondly, Kobe hasn't been athletic in a good few years, so how would he learn his "athletic defence" from Kobe?!

Not sure if serious though. If you we're being sarcastic, I'm sorry

SteBO
10-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Is he the best defender in the league? No. But he's dominant on that end of the floor most nights. He's underrated in that aspect if anything?

D2theJ
10-01-2012, 06:19 AM
He's great... strong, fast, tall, blocks shots, can guard point guards on the perimeter, can hold his own down low against power forwards, what else does he need to do?

mark1125
10-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Bron Haters- "He is overrated"

Bron slurpers-"He is the GOAT".

Close thread.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-01-2012, 07:10 AM
He's not a lockdown defender in that you can stick him on someone and that person won't score (like a young Ron Artest type), but he's an elite help defender, probably the second most valuable team defender behind Dwight.

This

3ballbomber
10-01-2012, 07:14 AM
star players tend to get away w/ alot of things on defense. for example they are permitted to hand check more than other players. This is why nba star players are ever fouled out in a game. Not to say Lebron isn't a good defender but i wouldn't say he is 'great'.

Andrew32
10-01-2012, 07:18 AM
I am not Pro/Against Lebron but I must say I was really impressed with his defense in the 2012 playoffs.

He really was all over the place on defense.
He'd put himself in the middle of the floor and really help/pressure random offensive players while never really putting himself in a position where he couldn't recover to his man.

His help defense was really fantastic.
He really looked/felt like the teams defensive anchor at times.

I do think some people overrate him defensively but there is no denying he was a fantastic defensive player last year.

JordansBulls
10-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Yes he got outscored by a guy in the finals by a guy who plays his exact position and gave up 55% FG as well.

Chronz
10-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Not after what he did this year, I dont know what the video of Tmac was suppose to prove but if your trying to belittle Brons 1 on 1 defense then I say who cares, being a lockdown guy isnt more important than being a lockdown team defender. Bron suppresses the opposing teams efficiency while containing his man. Thats more important than focusing on 1 guy, which I still think hes one of the best at and I definitely wont be changing my mind without something of more substance than a vid of Kobe with 3 other HOF'ers behind him, coming down to the wire against a last place team that had only Tmac who had already gone off.

JasonJohnHorn
10-01-2012, 11:32 AM
I wouldn't have had a problem if LBJ had won the MVP and the DPOY award last season (though my vote would have went the Chandler). I watched that NY series, and Melo look lost whenever LBJ was gaurding him. He'd have to come out past the three-point line just to get the ball in his hands, and we all know how Melo likes to work the elbow. James was just not letting him get into his comfortable places. It was amazing. And Melo, though this past season was a struggle for him, has likely been one of the most efficient scorers over the past 6 or 7 seasons. I'm a Heat hater and don't like LBJ for leaving Cleveland, but there is no denying that LBJ's defence is amazing. The guy just doesn't stop working when he's on the floor.

There was a recent poll i started for the best SF of all time, and I am a huge fan of Bird and think he is grossly under-rated as a player (I honestly put him on a par with Jordan), but I put LBJ ahead of Bird in the poll, even though Bird, to me, is clearly the better shooter and obvioulsy the better rebounder, LBJ's defence is just SO much more than what Bird could do on the floor (Bird was a great team defender, and watched the passing lanes, but his one-on-one defence was more than a little lacking, Barkley was quoted as saying he loved when he went against Bird because he knew he'd have a good night).

James defence is, for me, what puts him ahead of Durant and the other players in this league. His all around game (scoring/rebouding/assists) is enough on it's own to put him up as the greatest player on the planet, but his defence... it makes him untouchable.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? :facepalm:

No I'm not kidding, it's true just because Lebron is a more versitale defender doesn't mean his defense has or will be better then Kobe's in his prime

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Lebron is probably the best defender in the league. You can't expect him to hold the best offensive talent in the NBA to 6 points, but he's always on time to challenge the shot, he rotate's well defensively and versitale so he can stay in front of he's man most of the time.

Durant played well against him in the finals, but durant's game is to shoot over people and cause he's taller then bron he was able to, but that dosen't make lebron a poor defender.

He is't overated.

Best defender in the league? You see this is what I mean overrating him to th max

Twins Fanatic
10-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Is this question suppose to be a joke?

jericho
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
like i said on the thread that some guy made a couple weeks ago you guys know the dude that made like 400 threads in 1 day and was baiting all over the place.... anyways back to my point lol
lebron aint a bad or decent defender he is a good defender but he gets credit for what chalmers, battier, wade etc do for him most of the time the other guys guard the best player on the oposing team then they put lebron on them on some spots and he gets the credit for what they did.
thats my 2 cents from what ive seen whenever the knicks play the heat most of the time is battier doing the dirty work on melo and bron gets the credit for guarding him

jericho
10-01-2012, 01:35 PM
No I'm not kidding, it's true just because Lebron is a more versitale defender doesn't mean his defense has or will be better then Kobe's in his prime

just saying kobe was never that good on d he was good but just not as good as people make it seem

Zefflin
10-01-2012, 01:36 PM
So TopsyTurvy was right when he said its because of his athleticism, but then you go on and say "where was it in his first 7 years" AND that ridiculous comment about learning from Kobe in the Olympics

All of them learned from watching Kobe in their first olympics together...none of them were elite defenders until the watched and learned from 1st team defense doberman kobe...CP3, Deron, and especially Wade Melo and Lebron! They even said how watching how seriously kobe takes everything has improved their all around game...

Deny it all you want but that'll just make you seem ignorant of the evolution of the game.

Laker for life.

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 01:36 PM
just saying kobe was never that good on d he was good but just not as good as people make it seem

Why not?

Gram
10-01-2012, 01:45 PM
He's good, but I think Bradley, Allen, Chandler and several others are better.

jericho
10-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Why not?

your a laker fan no matter how hard i try to explain why you will always defend him so i aint even gonna try

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 02:03 PM
your a laker fan no matter how hard i try to explain why you will always defend him so i aint even gonna try

Ok, so like most Kobe haters you have no legit reason. Thanks bro

jericho
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Ok, so like most Kobe haters you have no legit reason. Thanks bro

now im a hater :laugh2:
its just that i aint gonna waist my time on a kobe fan

Chacarron
10-01-2012, 02:22 PM

This is false, Kobe was an elite defensive player. I may be a Lakers fan but I am far from a Kobe enthusiast.

Swashcuff
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Kobe's D at his position back in his day was elite don't get it twisted. He may be the most overrated defender in today's game but in his day he was elite.

TheNumber37
He's good. But A LOT of it is athleticism. I think there are better, smarter defenders, but not all of them can do the whole chase down block thing.
It's slightly overrated, but it is top 10.

jericho
This is false, Kobe was an elite defensive player. I may be a Lakers fan but I am far from a Kobe enthusiast.

i actually respect your opinion cuz you are 1 of the best posters round here and all :) now i can tell you why i think he is not as great as some think he is

while he was a good defensive player all his all nba defense selections there were always better options than him especially in recent yrs

dnewguy
10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Lebron is the best defender in the NBA. During Heat games, all I see is how excited the other team's coach gets whenever Lebron is taking a break.

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 02:44 PM
now im a hater :laugh2:
its just that i aint gonna waist my time on a kobe fan

:facepalm: Dumb post, but ok.

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
i actually respect your opinion cuz you are 1 of the best posters round here and all :) now i can tell you why i think he is not as great as some think he is

while he was a good defensive player all his all nba defense selections there were always better options than him especially in recent yrs

lol. Grow up

jericho
10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
:facepalm: Dumb post, but ok.

lol. Grow up

i told you i aint gonna waiste my time on you :D good day sir

blystr2002
10-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Before this past season, Lebron was highly overrated. This year Lebron seemed to take defense much more serious the entire year not just here and there. So, if you think one great defensive season makes you top 5 then no he isn't. I personally want to see him commit to it for at least 1 more full year before I give him that.

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 02:55 PM
i told you i aint gonna waiste my time on you :D good day sir

Thats fine, its just childish. But thats the norm here. Good day to you too.

Kobe2324
10-01-2012, 03:05 PM
He's good at getting weak side blocks but I don't consider him to be a good defender....he's not awful by any means but all you see is the highlight blocks from behind, I don't believe he can lockdown a guy

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 03:15 PM
He's good at getting weak side blocks but I don't consider him to be a good defender....he's not awful by any means but all you see is the highlight blocks from behind, I don't believe he can lockdown a guy

I think he can lock down smaller players because of his length and speed.

UPRock
10-01-2012, 03:19 PM

Your homer meter is off the charts because saying that Kobe was a better defender than LeBron its pretty stupid, only a homer like you that in every of your posts you have to include Kobe's name. Get Kobe's nuts out of your mouth, have Kobe even been considered a Defensive Player of the year candidate? Can he guard every position in the game? SMH.

UPRock
10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
The only guys that I've seen here saying that LeBron defense is overrated are Lakers(Kobe) fans, why?

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Your homer meter is off the charts because saying that Kobe was a better defender than LeBron its pretty stupid, only a homer like you that in every of your posts you have to include Kobe's name. Get Kobe's nuts out of your mouth, have Kobe even been considered a Defensive Player of the year candidate? Can he guard every position in the game? SMH.

You have absoulutely no idea what you're talking about

mdm692
10-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Source (http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310526004)

Nice he can guard a guy thats about 6 inches smaller and about 30-40 lbs lighter.

UPRock
10-01-2012, 03:28 PM

You neither because you said absolutely nothing in your post, your post sucks.

Alayla
10-01-2012, 03:29 PM
He was 2nd to only Iggy defesively amoung SFs last year... how is that overrated when people don't like a player defense is easy to attack because its the hardest thing to aruge with syats don't speak as loud on that end but LBJ is an elitle defenivse player I don't see how that can really be debated.

mdm692
10-01-2012, 03:30 PM

:facepalm: Anybody will tell you that Kobe in his prime was a better defender than Lebron is today. Is Lebron a more versatile defender? Yes. Was Kobe a better lockdown defender? Yes.

Bruno
10-01-2012, 03:32 PM
lebrons a real good defender. really versatile. big enough to anchor the basket, fast enough to play the lanes.

the only guy I've seen LBJ get lit up by in recent years, with no chance of slowing him down was Dirk, when he covered him in the finals, when he covered him. by the virtue that LBJ didn't demand that matchup all series as well..

Chronz
10-01-2012, 03:35 PM

Which years would you describe as elite?

UPRock
10-01-2012, 03:36 PM
:facepalm: Anybody will tell you that Kobe in his prime was a better defender than Lebron is today. Is Lebron a more versatile defender? Yes. Was Kobe a better lockdown defender? Yes.

Well I've only seen Kobe fans say that while bashing the **** out of LeBron. Can you prove that Kobe defense was better?

Chronz

Answer his questions and educate him

Chronz
Nice he can guard a guy thats about 6 inches smaller and about 30-40 lbs lighter.

Its alot more than nice

dh144498
10-01-2012, 03:54 PM
didn't he get torched by Jason Terry in 2011 finals?

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM

You do it for me, unless you agree with him. Your much better at long drawn out posts than I am.

Chacarron
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM

I won't disagree that recently Kobe hasn't been the same defensively, believe me I've had my fair share of discussions about this in the Lakers forum, but in his prime he was exceptional.

Chacarron
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Which years would you describe as elite?

2000 to 2004.

UPRock
10-01-2012, 04:13 PM

Maybe he can't prove that Kobe was a "GOD" defensively like some Lakers fans say. :rolleyes:

Chronz
10-01-2012, 04:14 PM
2000 to 2004.

Yuck, didnt Phil Jackson say Kobe got too much praise for his defense during this time period? That he would coast/gamble in the regular season and tune it up in the playoffs.

I dont know if Kobe was ever on the level (defensively) that Bron currently is but if he was I really doubt it was throughout that time span. 99-02 would be my guess and even then Im left wondering how such a dominant defender could be on such a ****** defensive team that 1 year. I honestly cant see Bron ever being on such a bad defensive team. I even told everyone who said Miami would have trouble defending with such a poor rotation of bigmen that they would eat crow.

jericho
10-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Maybe he can't prove that Kobe was a "GOD" defensively like some Lakers fans say. :rolleyes:

im glad i aint the only one that thinks this way bout kobe's defense by the way im not a laker fan and im 1 of the 1s that think that lebrons d is overrated

Chacarron
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Yuck, didnt Phil Jackson say Kobe got too much praise for his defense during this time period? That he would coast/gamble in the regular season and tune it up in the playoffs.

I dont know if Kobe was ever on the level (defensively) that Bron currently is but if he was I really doubt it was throughout that time span. 99-02 would be my guess and even then Im left wondering how such a dominant defender could be on such a ****** defensive team that 1 year. I honestly cant see Bron ever being on such a bad defensive team. I even told everyone who said Miami would have trouble defending with such a poor rotation of bigmen that they would eat crow.

He was top 10 (top 5 twice) in DPOY voting for all but one (T-11th in 2001) of those seasons. :shrug: That must account for something.

UPRock
10-01-2012, 04:22 PM
im glad i aint the only one that thinks this way bout kobe's defense by the way im not a laker fan and im 1 of the 1s that think that lebrons d is overrated

LeBron is very good defensively but is he overrated by some people? Sure, but saying that Kobe in his prime was miles better defensively than LeBron is complete ********.

Rain 816
10-01-2012, 04:33 PM
lol at this thread.....really???

jericho
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM
He was top 10 (top 5 twice) in DPOY voting for all but one (T-11th in 2001) of those seasons. :shrug: That must account for something.

im not a stats guru or anything but im sure that some around here can find a few players that were better than him on defense thru out those yrs he was ranked that high cuz he was on the lakers and cuz his name is kobe
those yrs
duncan
garnett
shaq
mutombo
bell
jones
kidd
bowen
christie
artest
wallace
kirilinko
prince
billups
camby
snow
posey
etc etc etc
were all better defensive players than him im just throwing out names havent checked stats or anything but i would pick any combination of those for 1 defensive stop b4 kobe
and i just have to say it but iggy really got robbed this past season his defensive ratings were crazy and he didnt even get on the second team

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-01-2012, 04:58 PM

If someone has someone's nuts on their mouth is you! You're all over Lebron and yes Kobe was a better defender ten Lebron I even dare you to make a poll and Kobe would win, just because Lebron can guard 3-4 positions doesn't mean he's the better defender smh! You clearly didn't see Kobe defensively in his prime

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-01-2012, 05:02 PM
im not a stats guru or anything but im sure that some around here can find a few players that were better than him on defense thru out those yrs he was ranked that high cuz he was on the lakers and cuz his name is kobe
those yrs
duncan
garnett
shaq
mutombo
bell
jones
kidd
bowen
christie
artest
wallace
kirilinko
prince
billups
camby
snow
posey
etc etc etc
were all better defensive players than him im just throwing out names havent checked stats or anything but i would pick any combination of those for 1 defensive stop b4 kobe
and i just have to say it but iggy really got robbed this past season his defensive ratings were crazy and he didnt even get on the second team

Bell
Snow
Christy
Billups
Posey
Snow better defenders? No!!

The others do have a case though... Bell has always been overrated

C-Style
10-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Hes good all around... i dont think he takes on defensive challenges at all. He wont guard the best player unless ordered to by his coach

JordansBulls
10-01-2012, 05:24 PM
didn't he get torched by Jason Terry in 2011 finals?

Yes. And also had another player average 27.8 ppg on him in round 1 and 30.6 ppg in the finals that play his same position. Why is someone else on your team guarding those guys if they play your same exact position? Why aren't you guarding them most of the time?

UPRock
10-01-2012, 05:26 PM
If someone has someone's nuts on their mouth is you! You're all over Lebron and yes Kobe was a better defender ten Lebron I even dare you to make a poll and Kobe would win, just because Lebron can guard 3-4 positions doesn't mean he's the better defender smh! You clearly didn't see Kobe defensively in his prime

You like making threads about Kobe and bashing threads about LeBron, why don't you make a thread about who's better defensively. I'm not saying that he's better because he can guard anyone but it helps his case, and he's also a pretty good lockdown defender which is the only argument that you use to defend Kobe which is pretty pathetic.

Joshtd1
10-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Definitely not. Great team defender, and weak side defender. In terms of 1 on 1 defense, I think he is above average. In terms of locking down, I don't know if I would ever call him elite just for the fact he has so much offensive responsibility, I can't imagine him having the energy to lock down the whole time. That and I think he lacks the lateral quickness to stay in front of the quickest guys, but he has the length to usually at least make a decent defensive attempt on the shot.

C-Style
10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Why do these topics always turn out to a Kobe debate? Btw kobe was a better locked down defender not saying Lebron is no good, he is very good. Just not at the level of Kobe. Lebron is not a perfect player he is a all-time great but hes not perfect like some of u wanna make him out to be. Now MJ is as close as u can get, he was blocker and could play the lanes like Wade but was a lockdown defender as well

jericho
10-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Hes good all around... i dont think he takes on defensive challenges at all. He wont guard the best player unless ordered to by his coach

This exactly my point he does that and then takes the credit of what his teammates do he ain't bad on d but battier is usually guarding kid melo and the other teams best player

jericho
10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
those yrs
duncan
garnett
shaq
mutombo
bell
jones
kidd
bowen
christie
artest
wallace
kirilinko
prince
billups
camby
snow
posey
etc etc etc

Bell
Snow
Christy
Billups
Posey
Snow better defenders? No!!

The others do have a case though... Bell has always been overrated

Yep better defenders and I'm no fan of bell but Kobe has always been overrated on the defensive end 2

C-Style
10-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Yep better defenders and I'm no fan of bell but Kobe has always been overrated on the defensive end 2
U cant say 00-05 Kobe was overrated. And one thing about Kobe is that he has always been the primarly perimeter defender, he took on the challenge up until Ariza and Artest came a long. On every close game if the team needed a stop Kobe played great D

C-Style
10-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Btw some of those names on that list are not even worthy

daleja424
10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Probably the best defender in the NBA. No one else in the league would be able to even do a competent job guarding all 5 positions and Lebron does it well...and often.

C-Style
10-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Yes. And also had another player average 27.8 ppg on him in round 1 and 30.6 ppg in the finals that play his same position. Why is someone else on your team guarding those guys if they play your same exact position? Why aren't you guarding them most of the time?

Very valid pts. Jordan n Kobe took on the challenge everytime. Kobe went to Phil and asked to be put on Rondo... Lebron was asked the next yr if he would do the same thing abd defend Rondo and they got a awnser they wearnt expecting...he said its Mikes decision

C-Style
10-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Probably the best defender in the NBA. No one else in the league would be able to even do a competent job guarding all 5 positions and Lebron does it well...and often.

I think what u mean is that hes the only 1 capable. Barrea can also defend all 5 positions but does not mean hes good. Lebron can but he wont be succesfull against the good players at their respective positions

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-01-2012, 06:10 PM

Kobe in his prime OR? No but at this point in time yes

daleja424
10-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I think what u mean is that hes the only 1 capable. Barrea can also defend all 5 positions but does not mean hes good. Lebron can but he wont be succesfull against the good players at their respective positions

No. I said what I meant. He is the only person that can do it competently. No other player in the NBA could do even a respectable job 1-5...and Lebron does a great one.

Can't guard elite players at each position? LMAO. Is that a joke?

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-01-2012, 06:13 PM

He's not better then
Dwight
Chandler
Allen
Battier
Thabo
Artest
Iggy
Ibaka
And a few others who's names I forgot

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-01-2012, 06:15 PM
No. I said what I meant. He is the only person that can do it competently. No other player in the NBA could do even a respectable job 1-5...and Lebron does a great one.

Can't guard elite players at each position? LMAO. Is that a joke?

So you think Lebron can guard Dwight,Bynum,bogut,Lopez,dirk ,gasol,Garnett etc...

Last time I checked all those guys either dominated Lebron down low or he never defended them, lol Lebron cannot guard centers and no he's not elite he's very good but elite? I don't see it

daleja424
10-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes. He is. He really is...

Yes...Chandler, KG, and Dwight are better post defenders... fine... but move them out to the perimeter and its laughable.

I think in these terms:

Scale 1-100... Dwight might be a 99 against the 4/5... but against the 1-3 he is USELESS. Where as Lebron is a superb (>80) defender at every position. Its not even fair.

daleja424
10-01-2012, 06:17 PM
So you think Lebron can guard Dwight,Bynum,bogut,Lopez,dirk ,gasol,Garnett etc...

Last time I checked all those guys either dominated Lebron down low or he never defended them, lol Lebron cannot guard centers and no he's not elite he's very good but elite? I don't see it

No one can SHUT DOWN the elite players at every position... but Lebron does as good a job on nearly every player in the league as can be possibly done.

daleja424
10-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Lebron has the strength to bother bigger players, the quickness and length to bother smaller ones, and the lateral movement to guard any one.

At the 2/3 he is elite. At the 1 and the 4/5 he is still WAY above average.

Jahari Kavi
10-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Lets see...at times he has contained or completely shut down other superstars and can guard any position 1-5.......

Jahari Kavi
10-01-2012, 06:27 PM
He's not better then
Dwight
Chandler
Allen
Battier
Thabo
Artest
Iggy
Ibaka

he's better than everyone on that list not named Dwight

Jahari Kavi
10-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Oh how we forget how KD and D Rose struggled against him

Jahari Kavi
10-01-2012, 06:37 PM
And whoever the hell said Shaq was a great defender needs to be banned...blocking a couple shots doesn't make u a great defender

heyman321
10-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Best defender of all time, in ALL SPORTS.

bucketss
10-01-2012, 06:48 PM
He's not better then
Dwight
Chandler
Allen
Battier
Thabo
Artest
Iggy
Ibaka

are you serious about life?

amos1er
10-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Depends on where you rank him. To the Lebronites on this site who feel he is a top 3 defender and should have won DPOY this year...he is overrated. To mostly everyone else who thinks he is a top 10 defender...no he is not overrated.

Jahari Kavi
10-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes he got outscored by a guy in the finals by a guy who plays his exact position and gave up 55% FG as well.

and he also didn't guard him the majority of the time and when when he did KD struggled more...the hatred in here is thick lol

b@llhog24
10-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Depends on where you rank him. To the Lebronites on this site who feel he is a top 3 defender and should have won DPOY this year...he is overrated. To mostly everyone else who thinks he is a top 10 defender...no he is not overrated.

Who are the defenders you have over him?

Jahari Kavi
10-01-2012, 06:58 PM
When it comes to overall D there is not a guy on the perimeter I'd rather have over Bron right now......its Dwight then Bron for me

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 07:01 PM
When it comes to overall D there is not a guy on the perimeter I'd rather have over Bron right now......its Dwight then Bron for me

Are you serious? You would take Lebron over Iggy?

b@llhog24
10-01-2012, 07:02 PM

It's arguable.

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 07:05 PM
It's arguable.

If you say so

Fnom11
10-01-2012, 07:08 PM

Iggy is a better on small ball defender and Lebron is a better big ball defender. Iggy can't guard 4/5s whereas Lebron probably can't guard 1s efficiently.

Can't believe some of you people really think it's overrated though. The dude is a monster defensively and that's not arguable.

b@llhog24
10-01-2012, 07:12 PM
It's arguable.

If you say so

No need to restate the obvious.

b@llhog24
10-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Iggy is a better on small ball defender and Lebron is a better big ball defender. Iggy can't guard 4/5s whereas Lebron probably can't guard 1s efficiently.

Can't believe some of you people really think it's overrated though. The dude is a monster defensively and that's not arguable.

He's speaking strictly perimeter defense. 4/5's don't come into play.

UPRock
10-01-2012, 07:15 PM
He's not better then
Dwight
Chandler
Allen
Battier
Thabo
Artest
Iggy
Ibaka

Hahaha :facepalm:.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Agree to disagree not everyone is on lebrons nuts for everything

daleja424
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM

Lets get this straight... YOU start a thread asking if Lebron is overrated... you spend 10 pages trying to convince us he is... just about everyone and their mother tells you he is an elite defender and isnt overrated... and you come back with "agree to disagree" and call us all nut huggers.

What is more likely? The entire site is wrong and we are nut huggers... Or you are wrong and just a hater...

I mean really...

Chronz
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM

Then how does he top Iggy?

b@llhog24
10-01-2012, 07:52 PM

Then how does he top Iggy?

He's a better help defender. I have Iggy above him on perimeter defense though.

jericho
10-01-2012, 07:58 PM
He's not better then
Dwight
Chandler
Allen
Battier
Thabo
Artest
Iggy
Ibaka

he's better than everyone on that list not named Dwight

Did you see iggy's defensive numbers last season they robbed him of the first and second team so no he ain't better than iggy on defense

Minimal
10-01-2012, 08:40 PM
The spreadsheet below lists the Opponent WS48 at SF for each NBA team this season.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AlYfoMFgcouRdDRyR2JWdEh6blVQX1Rzb2RHWEJLM nc&chrome=false&gid=3

I watched LeBron whole season and believe me he gives 100% on defense, he always makes his opponents to shoot the toughest shots ever.
There is a reason LeBron was a leading votegetter for all-defensive team this season, which was selected by NBA's head coaches and they know better who is a great defender than any of us.

LeBron deserves to win DPOY award.

jericho
10-01-2012, 08:53 PM

Lets get this straight... YOU start a thread asking if Lebron is overrated... you spend 10 pages trying to convince us he is... just about everyone and their mother tells you he is an elite defender and isnt overrated... and you come back with "agree to disagree" and call us all nut huggers.

What is more likely? The entire site is wrong and we are nut huggers... Or you are wrong and just a hater...

I mean really...

Not every 1 lol I have seen plenty of post saying he is a good defender not a great 1 is not our fault if you chose to avoid those an their mothers 2 lol

bucketss
10-01-2012, 09:17 PM

you think ibaka battier and artest are better defenders than lebron i mean i don't even know where to start i feel like just classifying you as casual fan that doesn't know any better instead of a straight out hater/troll.

C-Style
10-01-2012, 09:25 PM
The spreadsheet below lists the Opponent WS48 at SF for each NBA team this season.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AlYfoMFgcouRdDRyR2JWdEh6blVQX1Rzb2RHWEJLM nc&chrome=false&gid=3

I watched LeBron whole season and believe me he gives 100% on defense, he always makes his opponents to shoot the toughest shots ever.
There is a reason LeBron was a leading votegetter for all-defensive team this season, which was selected by NBA's head coaches and they know better who is a great defender than any of us.

:laugh2: In your dreams! lol

jericho
10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Can some 1 post the defensive ratings round here for sf and sg plz I'm on my phone lol

C-Style
10-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Small Forwards: 2011-2012

Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia 76ers
Opponent PER: 8.8

Shane Battier, Miami Heat
Opponent PER: 9.2

Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz
Opponent PER: 9.6

LeBron James, Miami Heat
Opponent PER: 10.0

Danny Granger, Indiana Pacers
Opponent PER: 10.3

C-Style
10-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Point Guards

Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
Opponent PER: 10.9

Louis Williams, Philadelphia 76ers
Opponent PER: 11.2

Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
Opponent PER: 11.7

Avery Bradley, Boston Celtics
Opponent PER: 12.0

Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
Opponent PER: 12.8

jericho
10-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Small Forwards: 2011-2012

Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia 76ers
Opponent PER: 8.8

Shane Battier, Miami Heat
Opponent PER: 9.2

Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz
Opponent PER: 9.6

LeBron James, Miami Heat
Opponent PER: 10.0

Danny Granger, Indiana Pacers
Opponent PER: 10.3

And can some 1 tell me now how iggy didn't make either 1st and 2nd team with that ridiculous per I don't get it were the coaches blind when they voted???

C-Style
10-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Shooting Guards

Jodie Meeks, Philadelphia 76ers
Opponent PER: 9.9

Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
Opponent PER: 10.6

Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
Opponent PER: 10.7

Joe Johnson, Atlanta Hawks
Opponent PER: 10.8

Ronnie Brewer, Chicago Bulls
Opponent PER: 10.8

b@llhog24
Can some 1 post the defensive ratings round here for sf and sg plz I'm on my phone lol

Bron leads all G-F at 97 with Iggy at 98.

EDIT: Josh Smith posted a 96 Drtg but I don't really consider him a perimeter player.

C-Style
Power Forwards

Matt Bonner, San Antonio Spurs
Opponent PER: 11.3

Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City Thunder
Opponent PER: 12.5

Taj Gibson, Chicago Bulls
Opponent PER: 12.6

Tristan Thompson, Cleveland Cavaliers
Opponent PER: 13.2

Josh Smith, Atlanta Hawks
Opponent PER: 14.0

C-Style
10-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Centers

Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
Opponent PER: 12.2

Tyson Chandler, New York Knicks
Opponent PER: 12.4

Andrew Bynum, Los Angeles Lakers

Nene, Denver Nuggets

Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
Opponent PER: 13.2

jericho
10-01-2012, 09:54 PM

Bron leads all G-F at 97 with Iggy at 98.

EDIT: Josh Smith posted a 96 Drtg but I don't really consider him a perimeter player.

Did you see his Per?? The number you giving me is a 1 point diff his paper has 2 over him

jericho
10-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Sorry sorry 1.2 lol

b@llhog24
10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Did you see his Per??

Yes but you asked for "defensive rating" which is Drtg.

The number you giving me is a 1 point diff his paper has 2 over him

Huh?

Swashcuff
10-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Where did you get that info?

UPRock
10-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Did you see iggy's defensive numbers last season they robbed him of the first and second team so no he ain't better than iggy on defense

You know what's funny? That some people like myself thought that Iggy deserved that 2012 2nd All Defensive-team nod over Kobe Bryant.

jericho
10-01-2012, 10:35 PM

You know what's funny? That some people like myself thought that Iggy deserved that 2012 2nd All Defensive-team nod over Kobe Bryant.

Call me crazy or wtvr I believe he deserved to be on the first team

JordansBulls
10-02-2012, 11:28 AM

How so? Kevin Durant averaged 30.6 ppg on 55% FG on him.

ThunderMan724
10-02-2012, 03:58 PM
If anything, LeBrons defense is underrated. You may not realize it, but some people actually don't even consider LBJ a good defender. They don't realize that he should be on all-defense 1st team every season. Its because he does so much they dont believe LBJ can excel at everything, and people think of defense last, so they just assume he's average at it. There wrong.

Rain City
10-02-2012, 04:13 PM
lebron could go down as a top 5 defender of all time. easily.

shutdown ability on virtually any player in the NBA, and a magnificent help defender to boot...

he rarely gambles and gets one of the most steals in the league.... he is the best in the league at taking away the fastbreak score, as well as closes out on perimeter shooters at the end of the shot clock better than anyone.

just an absolute juggernaut on both sides of the court. i dont know how he can have so much energy to do all that he does.

if we are talking defense. i cant wait to see what anthony davis does.

nickdymez
10-02-2012, 04:15 PM
lebron could go down as a top 5 defender of all time. easily.

shutdown ability on virtually any player in the NBA, and a magnificent help defender to boot...

he rarely gambles and gets one of the most steals in the league.... he is the best in the league at taking away the fastbreak score, as well as closes out on perimeter shooters at the end of the shot clock better than anyone.

just an absolute juggernaut on both sides of the court. i dont know how he can have so much energy to do all that he does.

if we are talking defense. i cant wait to see what anthony davis does.

I bet he could guard all 5 players at once huh?

Minimal
10-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Short memory? Let me remind you that Battier was guarding Durant 80% of the time in the finals. LeBron was guarding Ibaka most of the time leading to Ibaka's comments about LeBrons defense. What we can tell about Ibaka? He shot 42% and averaged only 5.2 rebounds against LeBron in the finals. On the other hand can you imagine Ibaka (who finished 2nd in DPOY voting) guarding LeBron? Ibaka would have been eaten alive.

JordansBulls
10-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Short memory? Let me remind you that Battier was guarding Durant 80% of the time in the finals. LeBron was guarding Ibaka most of the time leading to Ibaka's comments about LeBrons defense.

Yeah but Durant plays his same position so why isnt he guarding the guy who plays the same position as him? It's one thing if these guys are a different position no excuse for not defending on Melo or Durant most of the game when they play the same position and they average as much as you or more in a playoff series. Not like he going to defend someone as good offensively as Durant or Melo like a Dirk or someone. It would be kinda like Dwight being this great defender and Ewing is the opposing center but he elects to defend someone like Charles Oakley instead.

Minimal
10-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah but Durant plays his same position so why isnt he guarding the guy who plays the same position as him? It's one thing if these guys are a different position no excuse for not defending on Melo or Durant most of the game when they play the same position and they average as much as you or more in a playoff series. Not like he going to defend someone as good offensively as Durant or Melo like a Dirk or someone. It would be kinda like Dwight being this great defender and Ewing is the opposing center but he elects to defend someone like Charles Oakley instead.
This question should be adressed to Spoelstra. That was his gameplan and it worked 100%. I think by putting LeBron on Ibaka and Shane, who is a great defender himself, on Durant, Spo gave LeBron opportunity to save some energy while guarding Ibaka and use it on offense, instead of guarding Durant and get tired and underperform on offensive end. Miami small lineup just gave opportunity to perform well on offense. 2 shooters+lebron and wade+bosh, who dragged the opposing center on the perimeter allowing for wade and lebron to drive inside.

bucketss
10-02-2012, 04:40 PM

41% when guarded by lebron, 57 when guarded by battier/wade

JordansBulls
10-02-2012, 04:47 PM
This question should be adressed to Spoelstra. That was his gameplan and it worked 100%. I think by putting LeBron on Ibaka and Shane, who is a great defender himself, on Durant, Spo gave LeBron opportunity to save some energy while guarding Ibaka and use it on offense, instead of guarding Durant and get tired and underperform on offensive end. Miami small lineup just gave opportunity to perform well on offense. 2 shooters+lebron and wade+bosh, who dragged the opposing center on the perimeter allowing for wade and lebron to drive inside.
I think a lot had to do with with the finals the previous year. It seemed Lebron couldn't guard anyone. He struggled against nearly everyone especially Jason Terry.

JordansBulls
10-02-2012, 04:48 PM

62% when guarded by Lebron, 49% when guarded by Battier/Wade was the stat I saw.:)

bucketss
10-02-2012, 04:48 PM

so you already knew lebron didn't guard durant a whole lot and you still deceided to post your previous comment? why do you make it your mission to devalue/discredit every single thing lebron does?

JordansBulls
10-02-2012, 04:49 PM
so you already knew lebron didn't guard durant a whole lot and you still deceided to post your previous comment? why do you make it your mission to devalue/discredit every single thing lebron does?

My comment was why if he was such a great defender would he not defend the guy on the other team that plays the same position that is the best player on the team and the main scorer. It happened vs NY and OKC. Would you expect Dwight to guard Charles Oakley when Ewing is the opposing center?

justinnum1
10-02-2012, 04:52 PM

62% when guarded by Lebron, 49% when guarded by Battier/Wade was the stat I saw.:)

Where did you see that?

bucketss
10-02-2012, 04:54 PM
My comment was why if he was such a great defender would he not defend the guy on the other team that plays the same position that is the best player on the team and the main scorer. It happened vs NY and OKC. Would you expect Dwight to guard Charles Oakley when Ewing is the opposing center?

nope.

nickdymez
10-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Seriously, whenever a team plays the Heat, they should get to have 6 players instead of 5. Lebron can arguably guard 2 players at once if he wanted to :rolleyes:

JordansBulls
10-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Where did you see that?

It was thru the first 4 games a stats screen was shown.

jbeezy
10-02-2012, 05:21 PM
He likes to take guys from behind.

jericho
10-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Short memory? Let me remind you that Battier was guarding Durant 80% of the time in the finals. LeBron was guarding Ibaka most of the time leading to Ibaka's comments about LeBrons defense.

This exactly my point battier/wade do all the dirty work and he gets the credit for it while he is guarding the inferior offensive threat you gonna have good defensive stats when your opponent is not good offensively

bucketss
10-02-2012, 06:10 PM
This exactly my point battier/wade do all the dirty work and he gets the credit for it while he is guarding the inferior offensive threat you gonna have good defensive stats when your opponent is not good offensively

they had to do it that way if you were paying attention, miami switches on every play. so when they switch they get mismatches where durant is guarded by wade. miami saw that durant is a threat offensively when hes in a position to score not when he has the ball at the top of the arc. also you're completely disrespecting lebrons team defense

naps
10-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Seriously, whenever a team plays the Heat, they should get to have 6 players instead of 5. Lebron can arguably guard 2 players at once if he wanted to :rolleyes:

You sound mad because LeBron's too good? Yeah, nothing new.

Yanks All Day
10-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Being able to effectively guard 4 positions on the floor at any time is far from overrated. He's a top 5 defender in the league, and can probably go higher if he wanted to. I don't think he always goes as intense as possible until the end of the game because it would waste too much energy and probably cost a few fouls, hence LeBron almost never fouling out.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Overrated

theheatles
10-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Overrated

bait thread?