PDA

View Full Version : Kareem on Bynum: "He's not passionate about the game"

Punk
09-30-2012, 02:25 PM
“Andrew’s a nice kid — I am not knocking him — but if I was 21 or 22 and signed a contract for $50 million, I might be affected by it, too. He’s not passionate about the game; that’s a great word. But he does like getting paid. So that’s where I think you can figure out what’s going on with him.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/09/29/haney-has-bright-ideas-for-new-abl/wGVPQdm2wDyMAE6fTve0rI/story.html

I wonder how he will be in Philadelphia now that he doesn't have alpha males to tell him something to his face for his own good.

Ebbs
09-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Who are these alpha makes your talking about?

Punk
09-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Who are these alpha makes your talking about?

Kobe, Kareem, Magic, Shaq etc. They all spoke to him, trained him and encouraged him over his Laker tenure.

DoMeFavors
09-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Exactly I dont get why everyone talks this guy up, he doesnt listen to his coach, doesnt have the fire to win, was playing with Gasol and Kobe and couldnt even get to WCF 2 yrs in a row.

Kevj77
09-30-2012, 02:34 PM
It has got to be tough coming straight from high school and becoming an instant millinaire, but I agree he doesn't have the passion. He has anger though maybe he can harness that.

If he had passion he would have asked Kareem to teach him the skyhook while he was his personal coach and focused on being the best defender he could. With a skyhook and more attention on D he would be the best center in the NBA no question.

BH-Sports
09-30-2012, 02:37 PM
That just says everything

Leftcoast_yg
09-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Exactly I dont get why everyone talks this guy up, he doesnt listen to his coach, doesnt have the fire to win, was playing with Gasol and Kobe and couldnt even get to WCF 2 yrs in a row.

He got 2 rings in a row lol

HT9Canada
09-30-2012, 02:39 PM
saw Bynum in Amsterdam last week. he appeared to have some passion for the green (not just money)

Lakeshow24KB
09-30-2012, 02:42 PM
saw Bynum in Amsterdam last week. he appeared to have some passion for the green (not just money)

Are you being serious? Lol

SMH!
09-30-2012, 02:43 PM

Same with 90 percent of the NBA players..

gwrighter
09-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Not sold on Bynum as a #1 option.

Mr. LA
09-30-2012, 02:47 PM
LOL Bynum

smith&wesson
09-30-2012, 02:47 PM
2 time champion, taking the role of 3rd fidell is being critisized for his passion. interesting.

what does kaj gain from saying something like this ? other then taking shots at a young guys ego what does he hope to acomplish ?

the guys the 2nd best C in the league. he has to have some kind of passion for the game to reach an elite status. talent doesnt do it alone. there are plenty of talented C's with potential that havent reached an elite level or simply wont..

OKC
09-30-2012, 02:48 PM
kareem is just jealous because bynum is a better three point shooter then he ever was.

cbreezy34
09-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Im a die-hard Sixers fan.... but im not buying Bynum. I hope he proves me wrong because he has all the talent in the world but he just seems like a punk to me who doesn't really care.

Gram
09-30-2012, 02:49 PM
:o

Hawkeye15
09-30-2012, 02:52 PM
I can see what KAJ is saying. Watching Bynum on the floor, the bench, and listening to his comments, I kinda feel the same way about him. I think he could be a top 5 player if he wanted to. But I am not sure he cares enough.

Every sport has guys like that.

DoMeFavors
09-30-2012, 02:54 PM
He is going to have to deal with doubles now

smith&wesson
09-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Im a die-hard Sixers fan.... but im not buying Bynum. I hope he proves me wrong because he has all the talent in the world but he just seems like a punk to me who doesn't really care.

what makes him a punk ? he doesnt like mike brown, who does ?

t0nyg11
09-30-2012, 02:57 PM

He didn't even start in the 2009 finals, averaged 6 points and 4 rebs
and in the 2010 finals averaged 7 and 5.

It's safe to say he rode Kobe and Pau's coattails to two rings.

Knowledge
09-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Listen, I don't doubt LA had problems with Bynum, but this all comes across as Kareem being a little PO'ed that Bynum turned him down. Both Bynum and Kareem have a rep for being a little anti-social at times.

Btw The dude agreed to that $58 million extension in 08 and proceeded to get better every year since then.

So your telling me that a guy who took the time to develop a post game, has shown improvement ever year, and transformed his body to this

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Andrew-Bynum-II-2012-All-Star.jpg

from this

http://www.deuceofdavenport.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/bynum-fat.jpg

has no passion or work ethic? I think what really happened was Bynum didnt like his status as "third wheel" on the Lakers and the constant trade rumors and he took it out on the laker organization as a whole so he became a difficult guy to deal with. All players want to get paid, but rarely do guys who are only in it for the money take the time to develop skills.

smith&wesson
09-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Listen, I don't doubt LA had problems with Bynum, but this all comes across as Kareem being a little PO'ed that Bynum turned him down. Both Bynum and Kareem have a rep for being a little anti-social at times.

Btw The dude agreed to that $58 million extension in 08 and proceeded to get better every year since then.

So your telling me that a guy who took the time to develop a post game, has shown improvement ever year, and transformed his body to this

has no passion or work ethic? I think what really happened was Bynum didnt like his status as "third wheel" on the Lakers and the constant trade rumors and he took it out on the laker organization as a whole so he became a difficult guy to deal with. All players want to get paid, but rarely do guys who are only in it for the money take the time to develop skills.

I agree.

you dont become the 2nd best C in the league by not caring. the guy has worked on his game, shown up to every practice, works hard, does what is asked of him etc...

bynum should carry on like kg and go around disrespecting every one, picking fights, even barking at players ... maybe then they will say bynum is passionate about the game... pls.

smith&wesson
09-30-2012, 03:11 PM

your telling me the lakers win those titles with out an interior pressence in bynum ? seriously ??

Im a huge kobe fan, and laker fan. want to see kobe win 10 rings if he could. that would be a dream come true for me but im telling you straight up kobe doesnt win his first 3 rings with out shaq.. kobe doesnt win his other 2 rings with out gasol & bynum.

i dont know how you can debate that.

Avenged
09-30-2012, 03:13 PM
He might not be that passionate but yet is still a very good player top 10-15 in the league. That goes to show a lot. Once he matures a bit more (he's only 24 years old) he's going to continue to move up the ranks.

Avenged
09-30-2012, 03:14 PM

He dealt with them all last season. He did pretty well for himself all things considering.

5ass
09-30-2012, 03:16 PM
bynum is a punk. He doesnt give 100% effort on defense and gets frustrated and knocks people out when he realizes even if he gives 100% he's just not good enough.
Punk moves:
a)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7RiLERJ-Y
b)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLxGm3El1cI

b0nk
09-30-2012, 03:19 PM
there's a bank in every city.
and handicap parking too

ROY 2 MVP Braun
09-30-2012, 03:22 PM
tell us something we dont know!

1hardcore
09-30-2012, 03:30 PM
true

Bruno
09-30-2012, 03:45 PM
he's right.

in Bynums defense, Bynum is tough and has proven he can play through injury. but KAJ is right, and if you've watched him throughout his career, you'd see that it's obvious. maybe being the #1 an having his name on the line will change that.

DubbyDubbs
09-30-2012, 03:45 PM
bynum is a punk. He doesnt give 100% effort on defense and gets frustrated and knocks people out when he realizes even if he gives 100% he's just not good enough.
Punk moves:

this. bynum = immature punk

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Both negative and positive things being said about Bynum are true.

Positives- He has improved almost every year he has been in the league. He has had two nasty injuries to his knees and gone through all the rehab not not only get back, but improve as a player. In 2010, he played the whole playoffs on one leg and played pretty well. He has had a couple of off seasons where he went to Atlanta with his trainer over the summer and came back in fantastic shape. Since he was a kid, he has been in proposed trade rumors. For Jermaine O'neal, KG, Jason Kidd, Carmelo etc.... I dont know how invested I would be in a company if they were always trying to get rid of me.

Negatives- Plain and simple, he has a bad attitude. He does come off as if he does not care but I think the above actions I mentioned imply that he does. He did have a couple bonehead moves like the handicap parking, the speeding, his dumb statements about there being a bank in every city. He also had three pretty nasty cheap shots on players during the game with the worst being on Barrea. That was embarrassing! The game that Brown benched him for taking that dumb 3, at the end of the game the Lakers were down by a couple and they showed Bynum on the bench pointing at the scoreboard laughing and almost happy that he team was about to lose to prove how important he felt he was to them. The Lakers ended up winning and he didnt look to happy about it.

He needs to mature plain and simple. He is still young enough to change things, but there are some guys who never get it. We will see but I hope he sees his full potential.

More-Than-Most
09-30-2012, 04:00 PM
lol Honestly Kareem is coming off like an idiot now... My god the kid has moved on get a life... I hope he keeps talking though because its just more fuel on the fire to make this kid perform well here. GET A LIFE KAREEM you are a legend but your time has come and gone...MOVE THE **** ON

More-Than-Most
09-30-2012, 04:01 PM
I can see what KAJ is saying. Watching Bynum on the floor, the bench, and listening to his comments, I kinda feel the same way about him. I think he could be a top 5 player if he wanted to. But I am not sure he cares enough.

Every sport has guys like that.

I completely agree but my God Kareem is acting like a *****...He waited for the kid to leave and now is talking **** on a daily basis.

More-Than-Most
09-30-2012, 04:03 PM

Something our team has been missing from the time Iverson left... Him having to deal with double teams opens things up for explosive players like JRUE and our 3 point shooters that we finally have...Its a privilege that I will take every time

Andrew32
09-30-2012, 04:04 PM
I completely agree but my God Kareem is acting like a *****...He waited for the kid to leave and now is talking **** on a daily basis.

Haha yeah that is what I was thinking.

I don't get why people are so hard on Bynum.

20 / 12 / 2bpg on 57-60%TS is pretty awesome.
Does he really not play hard on defense...?

From watching him in some games last year he seemed to work hard on the boards consistently and contested shots at a respectable rate and offensively he produced except when Kobe started playing hero ball and ignoring him.

Only time will tell how good he can be on this new team and if he has the fire needed to dominate and lead a team.

I don't see why Kareem said that though... guess he is upset Bynum stopped attending his classes lol.

Illa215
09-30-2012, 04:24 PM
While I totally agree with Kareem, I also know that 75% of NBA players are uneducated kids who don't have much of a head on their shoulders. Unfortunately, that's what I come to expect from most NBA players. Just look at Lebron. He's possibly the dumbest mother****er I've ever seen, but he's a hell of a ballplayer.

Dwight Howard? Idiot. Andrew Bynum? Bigger Idiot. The list goes on and on unfortunately.

Illa215
09-30-2012, 04:25 PM
If you can play basketball, then **** school apparently. That's the problem with NBA players, and that's the thinking that produces human beings like Javale McGee and Andrew Bynum. :(

CousinsEvansDUO
09-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Kareem is a top 3 GOAT candidate. His word has value. It's a fact Bynum is a lazy and only cares about money. Thats what separates franchise players and all stars. Howard, Cousins, Love are big men who play with extreme passion and a sense of urgency. Bynum takes it too easy. He needs to play like its his last game.

Bruno
09-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Haha yeah that is what I was thinking.

I don't get why people are so hard on Bynum.

20 / 12 / 2bpg on 57-60%TS is pretty awesome.
Does he really not play hard on defense...?

Only time will tell how good he can be on this new team and if he has the fire needed to dominate and lead a team.

I don't see why Kareem said that though... guess he is upset Bynum stopped attending his classes lol.

none of this has anything to do with whether or not bynum has displayed an elite level passion towards professional basketball during his tenure with the Lakerse. nobody at any point said that he couldn't produce.

Chill_Will_24
09-30-2012, 05:01 PM
I agree.

you dont become the 2nd best C in the league by not caring. the guy has worked on his game, shown up to every practice, works hard, does what is asked of him etc...

bynum should carry on like kg and go around disrespecting every one, picking fights, even barking at players ... maybe then they will say bynum is passionate about the game... pls.

Its not like he has a lot of competition. Besides a healthy Bogut and Cousins if he gets his act together, who could challenge him for a top 2 C spot. The 5 spot is real thin these days.

2-ONE-5
09-30-2012, 05:15 PM
2 time champion, taking the role of 3rd fidell is being critisized for his passion. interesting.

what does kaj gain from saying something like this ? other then taking shots at a young guys ego what does he hope to acomplish ?

the guys the 2nd best C in the league. he has to have some kind of passion for the game to reach an elite status. talent doesnt do it alone. there are plenty of talented C's with potential that havent reached an elite level or simply wont..

this

Punk moves:

wait did u just say that when Bynum gives 100% he is just not good enough? The league better be worried about this kid if he has been giving less a 100%. Very worried. Cant wait for this beast to OWN the East.

Korman12
09-30-2012, 05:19 PM
I don't care.

5ass
09-30-2012, 05:25 PM
this

wait did u just say that when Bynum gives 100% he is just not good enough? The league better be worried about this kid if he has been giving less a 100%. Very worried. Cant wait for this beast to OWN the East.

He couldnt stop ****in 5'5 JJ barea no matter what. He knocked the wind out of him and still barea got the and 1. Lakers were 17th defensively. Bynum is notthat good on D.

2-ONE-5
09-30-2012, 05:34 PM
wait so a 6'11-7'0 Bynum couldnt stop a guy that reaches his kness? go figure

are suggesting that the Lakersb being 17 in D is Bynums fault?

Iron24th
09-30-2012, 05:47 PM

He started in the 2009 finals but played limited minutes.

Bynum has a great work ethic, he's training hard in every offseason, came back more built physically every season.

But I admit sometimes he seems to not care about the game.

smith&wesson
09-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Its not like he has a lot of competition. Besides a healthy Bogut and Cousins if he gets his act together, who could challenge him for a top 2 C spot. The 5 spot is real thin these days.

agreed, the C position is not the strongest in todays nba. but thats not the point at all is it. there's gotta be a dozen C's in this league who have the talent & physically gifted ability to be the best or 2nd best C in the league so why arent they ?

"IF bogut was healthy, IF cousins got his act together" those are big if's. i can do if's too but why bother ? after howard, bynum is the consensus 2nd best C in the league today.

lakerfan85
09-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Something our team has been missing from the time Iverson left... Him having to deal with double teams opens things up for explosive players like JRUE and our 3 point shooters that we finally have...Its a privilege that I will take every time

No doubt man.. The Sixers are gonna be a scary team with all those shooters..

Chill_Will_24
09-30-2012, 06:24 PM
agreed, the C position is not the strongest in todays nba. but thats not the point at all is it. there's gotta be a dozen C's in this league who have the talent & physically gifted ability to be the best or 2nd best C in the league so why arent they ?

"IF bogut was healthy, IF cousins got his act together" those are big if's. i can do if's too but why bother ? after howard, bynum is the consensus 2nd best C in the league today.

I think he will regress as the number 1 option and dealing with doubles and also not having players that will get in his face like Kobe did. I think nest season another C gains ground on him I am betting Cousins

ink
09-30-2012, 06:31 PM

He was his personal coach for years. If anyone knows him, Kareem knows him.

Chronz
09-30-2012, 06:32 PM

Kareems mad that he fired him

I Rock Shaqs
09-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Lol I love all these tough guys on here calling him a punk, he smack the **** outta you if you said that to his face.

Hunter48MVP
09-30-2012, 06:50 PM
bynum acts like little kid he will never change

smith&wesson
09-30-2012, 06:51 PM
I think he will regress as the number 1 option and dealing with doubles and also not having players that will get in his face like Kobe did. I think nest season another C gains ground on him I am betting Cousins

It can go two ways. you could be right orrrr, he could have better stats "inflated" because he will be the number one option on a team with no ball hogging super star..

i dont think kobe getting in bynums face is what kept bynum on track. if anything bynum was probably frustraited kobe didnt differ to him or involve him more. im the biggest kobe supporter, but i can admit that he needed to differ to gasol and bynum more in the last 2 seasons and take less shots himself.

cousins is up there.. he has "maturity issues" bynum isnt "passionate" about the game. whatever....i think the media plays in to these things too much. both are going to beast next season if healthy...

smith&wesson
09-30-2012, 06:54 PM
He was his personal coach for years. If anyone knows him, Kareem knows him.

and what a great personal coach to throw the kidd under the buss soon as his services are no longer required.

Kareems mad that he fired him

exactly ...

ink
09-30-2012, 08:14 PM
and what a great personal coach to throw the kidd under the buss soon as his services are no longer required.

I'm sure you've heard of wrongful dismissal. Just because someone was "fired" doesn't mean he deserved it. Kareem taught Bynum how to be a man, how to be a pro in the NBA.

With everything we know about both Bynum and Kareem as players and as people, I'm taking Kareem's credibility over Bynum's 100 times out of 100.

ink
09-30-2012, 08:16 PM
As for Kareem's quote about Bynum not being passionate about the game but liking the money, I think it must be hard for a HOFer like Kareem to see that rampant in the league. Seems that money has ****ed with a lot of players' heads in the NBA. I'm not sure how many players actually care about the game any more. A handful, and not all of them are the top stars.

amos1er
09-30-2012, 08:17 PM
It has got to be tough coming straight from high school and becoming an instant millinaire.

lol, I wish my life was as tough as Bynum's. :D

Bruno
09-30-2012, 08:24 PM
He started in the 2009 finals but played limited minutes.

Bynum has a great work ethic, he's training hard in every offseason, came back more built physically every season.

But I admit sometimes he seems to not care about the game.

x2. has shown grit and toughness, has proven he can train and prepare for the season on his own time.

he hasn't displayed mental focus through an entire season and post-season. he seems to derail himself several times per season. although if i played under brown id feel the same way.

t0nyg11
09-30-2012, 08:30 PM
your telling me the lakers win those titles with out an interior pressence in bynum ? seriously ??

Im a huge kobe fan, and laker fan. want to see kobe win 10 rings if he could. that would be a dream come true for me but im telling you straight up kobe doesnt win his first 3 rings with out shaq.. kobe doesnt win his other 2 rings with out gasol & bynum.

I agree with you, and I'm not saying Kobe did it by himself. I'm just saying Bynum wasn't the main reason we won those titles. He was 3rd option at best those years.

ink
09-30-2012, 08:34 PM
I agree with you, and I'm not saying Kobe did it by himself. I'm just saying Bynum wasn't the main reason we won those titles. He was 3rd option at best those years.

He had to be. You could never count on him being on the healthy roster.

Bruno
09-30-2012, 08:35 PM

4th option really; Odom got the bulk of the minutes and finished the games. but there's no denying he provided a physical 7 foot presence. and i'll always respect the hell out of him for playing through the finals with a partially torn meniscus.

I think Bynum will show the can be above the lack of passion/focus that KAJ alludes to here in Phili. Now it's his name and his team. In LAL, he never had the proper motivation to really put his neck out on the line. If LA lost, he knew Kobe and Gasol would get the blame. You combine that with five years of trade rumors and it would probably take away from motivation and focus.

t0nyg11
09-30-2012, 08:39 PM
I think he's a great player, the only thing that's stopping him is a lack of competition at his position. If there were more centers of his and D12's caliber then I think it would drive him to work harder to become the best, but sometimes it just seem like he's okay with being the second best. He's too comfortable.

3ballbomber
09-30-2012, 08:42 PM
gets paid 50 mill and not showing his worth...........check my sig

ink
09-30-2012, 08:43 PM
I think he's a great player, the only thing that's stopping him is a lack of competition at his position. If there were more centers of his and D12's caliber then I think it would drive him to work harder to become the best, but sometimes it just seem like he's okay with being the second best. He's too comfortable.

If he was actually at D12's level I think we would have seen a straight basketball trade between LA and ORL a lot faster than we did.

t0nyg11
09-30-2012, 08:48 PM
If he was actually at D12's level I think we would have seen a straight basketball trade between LA and ORL a lot faster than we did.

What I meant was the ranking at the C position go:

1. D12
2. Bynum

3.Everyone else

ink
09-30-2012, 08:49 PM
What I meant was the ranking at the C position go:

1. D12
2. Bynum

3.Everyone else

Or

1. D12

2. Bynum

3. Everyone else.

And I'm not a D12 fan. C's are pretty weak in this era.

Knowledge
09-30-2012, 08:57 PM
While I totally agree with Kareem, I also know that 75% of NBA players are uneducated kids who don't have much of a head on their shoulders. Unfortunately, that's what I come to expect from most NBA players. Just look at Lebron. He's possibly the dumbest mother****er I've ever seen, but he's a hell of a ballplayer.

Dwight Howard? Idiot. Andrew Bynum? Bigger Idiot. The list goes on and on unfortunately.

This is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on here. Honestly, beyond foolish.

First off, NBA players aren't the only athletes that have examples of people who make bad decisions. Next, how can you judge someone's intelligence from your coach? You do realize that plenty of these guys run their own businesses?

Lebron James may not have a college degree, but he is far from stupid and if you put any effort into researching how this guy has gone about assembling the people who make decisions around him, you would know that.

smith&wesson
09-30-2012, 09:01 PM

fair enough, but that wasnt what i was debating. . obviously kobe was the main reason along with gasol odom ... but with out that interior pressence they wouldnt have beat bostons front court.

I'm sure you've heard of wrongful dismissal. Just because someone was "fired" doesn't mean he deserved it. Kareem taught Bynum how to be a man, how to be a pro in the NBA.

With everything we know about both Bynum and Kareem as players and as people, I'm taking Kareem's credibility over Bynum's 100 times out of 100.

if you ask me who i respect more who do you think i would say ink?

im not saying that kaj should have been fired. if anything bynums progression could very well be due to kaj.

im just saying why bring this stuff up after he was done working with him to the media ? what does he gain by saying this ?

As for Kareem's quote about Bynum not being passionate about the game but liking the money, I think it must be hard for a HOFer like Kareem to see that rampant in the league. Seems that money has ****ed with a lot of players' heads in the NBA. I'm not sure how many players actually care about the game any more. A handful, and not all of them are the top stars.

So what he is saying about bynum could be said about the majority of the other players ?

guys half as good as himi are making all this money in today's game so i dont blame him but honestly to me kaj sounds jelly bitter.

DubbyDubbs
09-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Lol I love all these tough guys on here calling him a punk, he smack the **** outta you if you said that to his face.

hes also 7 foot talll.. and smacking the **** outta people who are 6 feet like he did to barea does make him a punk.. especially factoring his "cool guy bad boy" attitude he pulled after he did it.. .pulling off his shirt and walking off with no care in the world about the player he just clothes lined in mid air..

Calm down tough guy.

daWarriorz21
09-30-2012, 09:07 PM
wow! coming from kareem

ldawg
09-30-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't think Kareem is wrong. Other than being injured this has been a knock on Bynum. He has a cocky, know it all, i don't care attitude. Overall i don't think he is lazy because i think he had to work hard to get back on the court after his injuries. However i did notice it was very hard for him to play hard every night. He seem to always need motivation. From Kobe trade him, To Phill benching and calling him out. He would play good then suck he gets called out then good again. Kareem is telling the truth but Maybe a change and the word get around he would be motivated to prove them wrong. This was were Bynum lost some of his fans in LA being Lazy. We use the term lack of energy and stamina. His skills was never the issue. As you saw his lack of interest in timeouts last season. He could of care less. He is a good player but he has some growing to do. Maybe Collins can bring out the best in him.

Sssmush
09-30-2012, 09:24 PM
People tend to play to expectations, and expectations are even higher for him in Philly. Also, Kareem is kind of an idiot.

koreancabbage
09-30-2012, 09:35 PM
funniest thing is that Javale McGee has shown more passion for that triple double fail than Bynum has ever shown in a Lakers uniform when it comes to big men lol

ldawg
09-30-2012, 09:44 PM
People tend to play to expectations, and expectations are even higher for him in Philly. Also, Kareem is kind of an idiot.I don,t think you know Kareem that well to call him an idiot. Have you ever talk with him? For an idiot he is darn bright on this one if you saw Bynum play in the pass. I expect Bynum to play better than he ever did this season. Its a contract year, he is more healthy, he is more experience being #1 option most of the year last season, Its a new beginning and he will want to prove Kareem and some Laker fans wrong.

smith&wesson
09-30-2012, 09:45 PM
funniest thing is that Javale McGee has shown more passion for that triple double fail than Bynum has ever shown in a Lakers uniform when it comes to big men lol

wasnt that blatche ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

t0nyg11
09-30-2012, 09:53 PM
kareem is just jealous because bynum is a better three point shooter then he ever was.

:laugh: :clap:

I Rock Shaqs
09-30-2012, 09:54 PM
wasnt that blatche ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

No Mcgee against the bulls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hADE70REy7k

showtym24
09-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Agree to a certain extent.

topdog
09-30-2012, 10:17 PM
People can talk all they want, but we'll see his true colors this year. Let's not forget how put off Dwight was just a couple months ago after getting a phone call from Kobe :eyebrow:

Sinattle
09-30-2012, 11:41 PM

Nah, Bynum's just mad because Kareem is a better all time score than he is...

Andrew32
10-01-2012, 02:17 AM
Nah, Bynum's just mad because Kareem is a better all time score than he is...

Nah Bynum is a better scorer.
Kareem couldn't dominate physically like Bynum he had to rely on sissy finesse.

ldawg
10-01-2012, 04:46 AM
Kareem couldn't dominate physically like Bynum he had to rely on sissy finesse.are you serious:facepalm: what pet move bynum has that cant be stop? As a sissy finesse player, at Bynums stage of his career Kareem avg more blocks, rebounds, shoot a better fg%, more assist, more min, more steals. If anyone is a sissy its Bynum. He is not maximizing his potential. To often in games he lack interest. If you watch Bynum play you would know what Kareem is talking about. Many LA fans would point this out in forums he was frustrating with his tease. He will play being called out he always does so Philly should thank Kareem for calling him out. As the leader Bynum has to set the tone.

Andrew32
10-01-2012, 04:57 AM
are you serious?

Of course I am... ;)

ldawg
10-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Of course I am... ;)If you are then you must have never seen some of the greatest center play. Get some tapes. Bynum came into the NBA very young and raw only now he is coming into his own. These guys are watered down. Bynum is a up and down player inconsistent.
when he feels like playing or you can say after a motivation speech.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c478UqldYM
when not motivated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aolFMa7J0Hc
Bynum has a rep for being lazy. We called it stamina. call it what you want but it hinders him.
this was just last season did you Notice Bynum out in the closing of the game? How many times did phill Jackson bench Bynum in the 4th and roll with Odom/Pau combo in his title runs.

JNA17
10-01-2012, 07:04 AM
If you are then you must have never seen some of the greatest center play. Get some tapes. Bynum came into the NBA very young and raw only now he is coming into his own. These guys a watered down. Bynum is a up and down player inconsistent.
when not motivated

Bynum has a rep for being lazy. We called it stamina. call it what you want but it hinders him.
this was just last season did you Notice Bynum out in the closing of the game? How many times did phill Jackson bench Bynum in the 4th and roll with Odom/Pau combo?

He's being sarcastic dude lol.

Cal827
10-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Ya, you know, cause Dwight is passionate about the game lol

Andrew32
10-01-2012, 07:10 AM
If you are then you must have never seen some of the greatest center play. Get some tapes. Bynum came into the NBA very young and raw only now he is coming into his own. These guys a watered down. Bynum is a up and down player inconsistent.
when not motivated

this was just last season did you Notice Bynum out in the closing of the game? How many times did phill Jackson bench Bynum in the 4th and roll with Odom/Pau combo?
Dude... sarcasm.
I was just making a joke... I thought it would be obvious.

Bynum is not even remotely close to Jabbar as a scorer even though I do think he (Bynum) is one of the best 1v1 scorers in the league today.

Kareem is one of the three best scorers of All-Time with Jordan and Shaq.

xcrisisx
10-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Ya, you know, cause Dwight is passionate about the game lol

indeed!
dwight and bynum have somewhat the same attitude
the just don't seem to take the game serious, or that's at least what I rmostly read on their faces

koreancabbage
10-01-2012, 08:42 AM
No Mcgee against the bulls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hADE70REy7k

it was both LOL hence why Washington got rid of both.

gotta give credit to McGee for getting it but look how many attempts and forced shots at the expense of his teammates. sad.

Andrew32
10-01-2012, 08:42 AM
indeed!
dwight and bynum have somewhat the same attitude
the just don't seem to take the game serious, or that's at least what I rmostly read on their faces

I think people under estimate how difficult it is to be a 20/10/2 type player in the NBA.

Even when given physical talents you can't just walk on the court and be that good... not even close.

I am sure both of them have worked quite hard and put in countless hours on the court and in the gym to attain the level of ability/impact they are capable of now.

It is funny how easily people will say one player is lazy or whatever especially top flight players.

Maybe some players have more passion for the game and work harder but I doubt anyone who is a star in the NBA doesn't work hard or is lazy.

mekedubs
10-01-2012, 09:17 AM

^^^Exactly:clap:

mekedubs
10-01-2012, 09:18 AM

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Andrew-Bynum-II-2012-All-Star.jpg

from this

^^^I totally agree:clap::clap:

imagesrdecievin
10-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't think a lot of Philly fans are being honest with themselves about how much more of a toll it will take on Bynum to be the number 1 option. A significant decrease in efficiency and defensive effort is to be expected.

I mean no insult to your team - but you don't have anywhere close to the talent level that LAL had. It will be A LOT more difficult for Drew to keep his energy level up - on both sides of the court - while being asked to be the focal point AND facing consistent double and triple teams.

If Jrue and/or Turner don't step up in a big way then I expect Drew to regress big time. That can't bode well for his psyche.

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Any Lakers fan could tell you this.

Losoway
10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
captain obvious

Bruno
10-01-2012, 03:37 PM

are you kidding me bro? :)

dh144498
10-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Bynum will become 76ers' 3 point shooter, but not gonna make any...

ink
10-01-2012, 04:04 PM

from this

lol you think he made that transformation willingly and on his own? Those two photos just made the case FOR Kareem.

dh144498
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM

lol............... you are officially the joke of PSD.

Chronz
10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
lol you think he made that transformation willingly and on his own? Those two photos just made the case FOR Kareem.

I dont get it

Knowledge
10-01-2012, 04:39 PM

No, it does not. Kareem is not a magician, he can't make someone workout or work harder. All he can do is provide instruction.

Bynum had the best year of his career last year and that is supposedly a couple of years after Bynum and Kareem stopped working out to together, so that trashes your argument.

Secondly, you don't know Kareem or Bynum on any level other than what is afforded to you through the media so lets stop with the "I trust Kareem based on what I know of him" nonsense, you don't know him. You are a fan, not friend or family member.

Bynum has his issues, but don't take away the things he worked hard to achieve just because you don't want to believe he can work hard.

ldawg
10-03-2012, 06:58 AM
He never said he dont work hard dont put words in his mouth. He said he is a bright kid many times and he has praise Bynum in the pass and said he shortened the learning curve. He just said Bynum dont have passion for the game. At times Bynum head dont be in games. It use to take a benching or a little media time by phill to motivate him. Like i said Fans would say he lack stamina. He worked on that last season. Bynum could play well for a week 20/12 then follow by 8/8 he dont bring that energy every game. Its another thing he learn last season. You have to play hard every night and as a leader you can not under mind your coach it affects the whole team. This came out his exit meeting. What Kareem said is not false he is just trying to motivate the dude.

Andrew32
10-03-2012, 07:08 AM
lol............... you are officially the king of PSD.
Did you really think I was being serious.

:rolleyes:

are you kidding me bro? :)

Yes... obviously.

bringinwood
10-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Kareem continues to prove why most fans and his former organization thinks he's a ******. .. stay classy Kareem... Lmao...what a joke

thenaj17
10-03-2012, 08:38 AM

He barely played in either playoffs and had a minimal role when he did

thenaj17
10-03-2012, 08:44 AM

Both titles had very little to do with Bynum. Odom played a much bigger role.

Lakers wouldn't have won without 1 of Kobe, Pau or Odom. Other than that, even though other players gave something to each title, contributions were in the main very minimal.

Andrew32
10-03-2012, 08:45 AM
He barely played in either playoffs and had a minimal role when he did

Not true really.
In 2010 he played a pretty major role especially before the Finals.

His defense, rebounding and at times scoring played a significant role in the teams success and he had a number of big games throughout the run.

Here are a few examples
-13 / 12 / 4blk
-13 / 10 / 3blk
-21 / 11 / 2blk
-17 / 14
-13 / 7
-21 / 6 / 7blk
-9 / 10

Odom was more important then Bynum also probably but he was still definitely a major factor.
His size/length helped the Lakers dominate the boards and shut the paint down on defense.

Andrew32
10-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Even in 2009 I am pretty sure he had a couple of significant games scattered throughout the playoffs and played a role in many others.
He was a much smaller factor in that year but he was still a factor.

ldawg
10-03-2012, 11:15 PM
http://dimemag.com/2012/09/demarcus-cousins-is-following-the-andrew-bynum-blueprint/
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/teams/players/bio/?id=1290

ldawg
10-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Not true really.

His defense, rebounding and at times scoring played a significant role in the teams success and he had a number of big games throughout the run.

Here are a few examples
-13 / 12 / 4blk
-13 / 10 / 3blk
-21 / 11 / 2blk
-17 / 14
-13 / 7
-21 / 6 / 7blk
-9 / 10

Odom was more important then Bynum also probably but he was still definitely a major factor.
His size/length helped the Lakers dominate the boards and shut the paint down on defense.

are u sure? Bynum role in those runs were minimal. Fishers role might have been bigger. He did contribute its a team sport but he was not part of the core. He became core the last two seasons. All 13 players play a role win you are in the playoffs. But when you are not core you can be replaced and by that i mean Marc gasol could have fill that roll. If you take a look at Philly where he is the core the team would miss him greatly. That was not the case with the Lakers they missed a healthy Ariza more than they did Bynum in 2008

http://www.lakerstats.com/season-summary-0809.html
http://www.lakerstats.com/season-summary-0910.html

Gritz
10-04-2012, 12:20 AM
He will start checking out of games early when losing, lollygag down the court to get back of defense and commit a mass amount of turnovers by simply not passing out of double and triple teams.

STL Don
10-04-2012, 03:23 AM
Well at least that will tell you, Philadelphia fans more specifically, that you can at least expect a big year from him this season.....being that he hasn't gotten paid yet.

kblo247
10-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Phil once described him as being a conundrum. He said he thinks he will mature but that Bynum was a bit harder to read . Just follow me here.

- He was the fat kid out of high school that didn't play as a rookie.

- He took care of his body and got a chance to start in his second year when Kwame got hurt, and played well, was getting praised and then all of a sudden he no showed a practice and came in when the film review was basically done with no excuse what so ever. Not I slept late, traffic, or anything just cause. Then he was benched

- Kobe does off on that kick with the viral ship his *** out video, and he admittedly said it pissed him off so he hired a trainer that summer and would show him. He came out beating and got hurt by landing on Lamar

- Next season he comes out the gates hot and plays well and then gets taken down by Kobe. He barely makes it back that season and then plays in the playoffs. Phil did bench him versus Utah to send a message admittedly when Bynum refused to play D, so he started Odom and gave Walton minutes against Millsap to wake his *** up. Then vs Houston, he hardly showed up and then came in and played a solid game 7. Then he was basically a watcher who gave 15-20 minutes when it was the WCF and NBA Finals in favor of Odom and Pau

- comes out the gate hot with Pau hurt, and having the paint to himself. Then Pau returns and he has an ok season, gets hurt, sucked it up and played D to win getting him praised by Kobe, Lamar, Fish, Pau, Ron, and Phil

- then he decides to put off surgery to go to the World Cup, doesn't get back to the states in time, so surgery gets delayed again. Then he takes so long to return that Phil goes media of him,,and he magically comes back a week or so later. And when he came back he seemed to get it, play d, run the floor, rebound. But he in turn gets disgruntled and wants the D reworked around him admittedly because he didn't like to be expected to play D like Pau and Lamar played pnr D. Then he pulls the Barea and Beasly incidents.

- Last year he came back hot off suspension, was called the second option and took as many shots as Dwight, but there was more to it. He was the first to openly question Brown and rock that boat. He was the one to correct the media when they beat Boston and Minny, and say mike didn't so that Kobe and Fisher drew that up and rallied us on both ends by taking the clipboard. He got tossed twice vs Houston in a matter of weeks. He pulled the 3 incident and said he would take another post game to work on his range. Sessions came in and he went public to voice satisfaction, but then he too admittedly when LA went on a winning streak went to the coaches and management and said tell Seesions stop running and pushing the tempo, I want it through me, and even Ron said that was what Bynum came out and said. Then he opened his mouth about close outs and didn't show up. Then in game 4 he only grabbed 2 rebounds vs the Thunder in quarters 3 and 4. He had that 30 rebound game with Kobe out, but he also got what people thought he wanted with Kobe out 20fga per but he only shot 42% and the d was worse. He even sat out the huddle of a playoff game like a baby.

Phil said it, he was a condorum who he hoped could mature. There are days where he's tuned in, even long stretches of weeks and then there are days where he doesn't give a **** out the blue and makes you want to slap him. It isn't the same as say a Kobe because like Phil said he knew he wanted to win and be the best, but with Bynum it's a case of what he is feeling like mood wise that dictates his everything from work ethic to intensity to the like.

xcrisisx
10-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Phil once described him as being a conundrum. He said he thinks he will mature but that Bynum was a bit harder to read . Just follow me here.

- He took care of his body and got a chance to start in his second year when Kwame got hurt, and played well, was getting praised and then all of a sudden he no showed a practice and came in when the film review was basically done with no excuse what so ever. Not I slept late, traffic, or anything just cause. Then he was benched

- Kobe does off on that kick with the viral ship his *** out video, and he admittedly said it pissed him off so he hired a trainer that summer and would show him. He came out beating and got hurt by landing on Lamar

- Next season he comes out the gates hot and plays well and then gets taken down by Kobe. He barely makes it back that season and then plays in the playoffs. Phil did bench him versus Utah to send a message admittedly when Bynum refused to play D, so he started Odom and gave Walton minutes against Millsap to wake his *** up. Then vs Houston, he hardly showed up and then came in and played a solid game 7. Then he was basically a watcher who gave 15-20 minutes when it was the WCF and NBA Finals in favor of Odom and Pau

- comes out the gate hot with Pau hurt, and having the paint to himself. Then Pau returns and he has an ok season, gets hurt, sucked it up and played D to win getting him praised by Kobe, Lamar, Fish, Pau, Ron, and Phil

- then he decides to put off surgery to go to the World Cup, doesn't get back to the states in time, so surgery gets delayed again. Then he takes so long to return that Phil goes media of him,,and he magically comes back a week or so later. And when he came back he seemed to get it, play d, run the floor, rebound. But he in turn gets disgruntled and wants the D reworked around him admittedly because he didn't like to be expected to play D like Pau and Lamar played pnr D. Then he pulls the Barea and Beasly incidents.

- Last year he came back hot off suspension, was called the second option and took as many shots as Dwight, but there was more to it. He was the first to openly question Brown and rock that boat. He was the one to correct the media when they beat Boston and Minny, and say mike didn't so that Kobe and Fisher drew that up and rallied us on both ends by taking the clipboard. He got tossed twice vs Houston in a matter of weeks. He pulled the 3 incident and said he would take another post game to work on his range. Sessions came in and he went public to voice satisfaction, but then he too admittedly when LA went on a winning streak went to the coaches and management and said tell Seesions stop running and pushing the tempo, I want it through me, and even Ron said that was what Bynum came out and said. Then he opened his mouth about close outs and didn't show up. Then in game 4 he only grabbed 2 rebounds vs the Thunder in quarters 3 and 4. He had that 30 rebound game with Kobe out, but he also got what people thought he wanted with Kobe out 20fga per but he only shot 42% and the d was worse. He even sat out the huddle of a playoff game like a baby.

Phil said it, he was a condorum who he hoped could mature. There are days where he's tuned in, even long stretches of weeks and then there are days where he doesn't give a **** out the blue and makes you want to slap him. It isn't the same as say a Kobe because like Phil said he knew he wanted to win and be the best, but with Bynum it's a case of what he is feeling like mood wise that dictates his everything from work ethic to intensity to the like.

good read
what does the bold part mean?

thenaj17
10-04-2012, 06:26 AM
are u sure? Bynum role in those runs were minimal. Fishers role might have been bigger. He did contribute its a team sport but he was not part of the core. He became core the last two seasons. All 13 players play a role win you are in the playoffs. But when you are not core you can be replaced and by that i mean Marc gasol could have fill that roll. If you take a look at Philly where he is the core the team would miss him greatly. That was not the case with the Lakers they missed a healthy Ariza more than they did Bynum in 2008http://www.lakerstats.com/season-summary-0809.html
http://www.lakerstats.com/season-summary-0910.html

Yes exactly!

thenaj17
10-04-2012, 06:31 AM

Mainly very well put! He might have a better attitude now he's supposed to be the number 1 option. Just watch out Philly if you lose a couple or he doesn't get the touches he wants for a game or 2

Andrew32
10-04-2012, 06:50 AM
are u sure? Bynum role in those runs were minimal. Fishers role might have been bigger. He did contribute its a team sport but he was not part of the core. He became core the last two seasons. All 13 players play a role win you are in the playoffs. But when you are not core you can be replaced and by that i mean Marc gasol could have fill that roll. If you take a look at Philly where he is the core the team would miss him greatly. That was not the case with the Lakers they missed a healthy Ariza more than they did Bynum in 2008

I wouldn't call his role minimal in 2010 and he wouldn't have been easily replaced that year.
Marc Gasol is a very good (All-Star caliber?) player so I don't see that as an insult to Bynum.

In 2008/2009 you could probably argue his role was minimal but not 2010 imo.

Gibby23
10-04-2012, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't call his role minimal in 2010 and he wouldn't have been easily replaced that year.
Marc Gasol is a very good (All-Star caliber?) player so I don't see that as an insult to Bynum.

In 2008/2009 you could probably argue his role was minimal but not 2010 imo.

Argue? He was in foul trouble most of the games and wasn't a factor. He had one or 2 decent games at best and was even benched for a period. In 2010 he was good until he hurt his knee but still played a major role as far as defense goes after he hurt his knee.

Vinylman
10-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Kareem has been making these same comments for multiple years...

it is nothing new and in reality the points he is expressing are the reasons why the lakers were willing to move him.

Bynum is a very good player but won't ever be a great player until he CARES more about winning...

His statistical improvement is nothing more than a function of playing more minutes

His actual peak year on a Per36 basis was 2007/2008... his scoring is up a little but everything else is down about as much...

Not ripping the guy but if you take Kareems opinions at face value they are pretty hard to argue with...

that said i hope he tears up the east

Supa
10-04-2012, 12:13 PM
This is his contract year, Bynum will do fine. It's the year after that you have to watch out for.

---

ewmania
10-04-2012, 01:02 PM
bynum helped lakers go to the finals 3 years straight... they miss two years and now hes not passionate lol

bynum had his best season last season

Stinkyoutsider
10-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Kareem is spot on with this one. Bynum has all the talent and skills to be the best but he doesn't have the passion. That needs to change now that he's the leader of his own team. Some players will only do as much as required and not put in too much extra work.

I don't think I blame him though? A lot of money and a lifestyle was thrown at him at age 17 when he was drafted. Some people have no idea on what they want to do as a career at that age. But, if millions of $ was thrown at me, that would make my mind up for me.

TmacBryant
10-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Any Laker fan knows that Bynum just gives up. If he doesn't get the ball for a few plays he will sulk and not care anymore. I only remember one instance where he didn't get the ball but he still had many rebounds and good defense (It was against denver in the playoffs).
Dwight might have given up on the magic, but he did it outside the court. I didn't see him play every game, but from what I know... he is a player that will be there 100%.

ldawg
10-04-2012, 10:04 PM
This young Philly team will be fine. They just need time to grow. Bynum got two rings at a very early stage in his career. Rings is not a priority at this point he has just want to grow and explore as a player. sow his royal oats. But a year or three he will be ready to take it to he next level. Sacrifice his game again for the better of the team and play his role and stay motivated.

ink
10-04-2012, 10:52 PM
This young Philly team will be fine. They just need time to grow. Bynum got two rings at a very early stage in his career. Rings is not a priority at this point he has just want to grow and explore as a player. sow his royal oats. But a year or three he will be ready to take it to he next level. Sacrifice his game again for the better of the team and play his role and stay motivated.

People have always said that Kobe won three rings as Robin, well Bynum won his two rings as a passenger on the bus. In his case they mean almost nothing. He will have to prove himself and stay healthy all season before people start really believing he can have an impact in the big picture.

ldawg
10-04-2012, 10:57 PM
People have always said that Kobe won three rings as Robin, well Bynum won his two rings as a passenger on the bus. In his case they mean almost nothing. He will have to prove himself and stay healthy all season before people start really believing he can have an impact in the big picture.:laugh2: passenger

MetroMan
10-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Screw Bynum

ldawg
10-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Screw BynumNawh man he tried. He did not always give it his all but injuries held him back. He could never really get through a season. The last one was Kobe fault. Remember the first time Bynum played Shaq? Shaq dunk on him and the very next play Bynum spun left Shaq in the dust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXXSjcC6mKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFsjYz7wQEs

Thats the Bynum we loved

This is the one we hated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7RulXamTLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgyHFkHBFhw

carnage101
10-05-2012, 01:10 AM
drew is a very young minded immature player. He's a selfish ball hog who has no ability to pass out of double and triple teams. See ya drew

smith&wesson
10-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Funny to me how guys think lakers woulda won with out that interior presence ... I don't even care too much for the player but he is the 2nd best C and he and pau made one of the best front courts in the league ... i dunno how u debate that ..

kblo247
10-05-2012, 03:49 AM
Funny to me how guys think lakers woulda won with out that interior presence ... I don't even care too much for the player but he is the 2nd best C and he and pau made one of the best front courts in the league ... i dunno how u debate that ..

Real World or stats? Stats wise they did well

Real world, anyone who followed LA in that run knows both Pau and Andrew played better with Lmar than one another, and that is admittedly why Lamar finished games. Kobe even played better with just one big and Lamar because Andrew just didn't have the athleticism and speed to not take up so much space, and likewise Pau wasn't a stretch 4.

It's why one fo them was expendable for a Dwight.

Lamar was the true big 3 guy in LA and no one should ever argue that when talking 3 finals and 2 rings run. Likewise no one should ever argue that Fisher and Ron/Trevor did as much and even more than Bynum those playoff runs, hobbled or not .

Bynum deserves credit for his contributions but lets nt rewrite things, he was a glorified Luc Longley while LA was winning all while never having to even defend the bigs Longley did. He blossomed as the team aged

smith&wesson
10-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Real World or stats? Stats wise they did well

Real world, anyone who followed LA in that run knows both Pau and Andrew played better with Lmar than one another, and that is admittedly why Lamar finished games. Kobe even played better with just one big and Lamar because Andrew just didn't have the athleticism and speed to not take up so much space, and likewise Pau wasn't a stretch 4.

It's why one fo them was expendable for a Dwight.
Lamar was the true big 3 guy in LA and no one should ever argue that when talking 3 finals and 2 rings run. Likewise no one should ever argue that Fisher and Ron/Trevor did as much and even more than Bynum those playoff runs, hobbled or not .

Bynum deserves credit for his contributions but lets nt rewrite things, he was a glorified Luc Longley while LA was winning all while never having to even defend the bigs Longley did. He blossomed as the team aged

its why one of them was expendable ? are you kidding ? they replaced bynum with howard. lol

no ones debating lamars importance to those ship runs.having one of the best front coursts in the league helps through the season. sure LA could run small ball effectively with out bynum.. that doesnt mean he still didnt play significant mins. he isnt a bench player. he is a tough interior pressence and you need that at one point or another to win a ship.. ask dirk

JasonJohnHorn
10-05-2012, 07:45 PM
It was clear earlier in his career that Bynum needed somebody to light a fire up under his @$$, but I think he is beyond that part of his career now. I think Bryant, being a bit of a ball hog and not so much a facilitator, was stunting his development and I think being the first option and focus of the offence in Philly will be good for him. It will encourage him to reach his potential. Of course, he does have maturity issues, but I'm hopefully those will be cleared up. And Doug Collins knows how to get the most out of a player, just ask Jordan and Grant Hill.... and Kwambe Brown? lol

JordansBulls
10-05-2012, 10:08 PM
This is his contract year, Bynum will do fine. It's the year after that you have to watch out for.

---

Pretty much this.

Vinylman
10-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Not true really.

Here are a few examples
-13 / 12 / 4blk
-13 / 10 / 3blk
-21 / 11 / 2blk
-17 / 14
-13 / 7
-21 / 6 / 7blk
-9 / 10

a serviceable center was definitely key to the Lakers run... no doubt but all you have done is cherry picked as usual...

his numbers in the Celtics series sucked as usual

7.4/5.1/1.3

He was key in that last game without Perkins :rolleyes:

2/6/0 btw... 3 of those rebounds were off his own misses on put backs :facepalm:

Anyway, those other games you pointed out were against OKC/Utah/Phoenix.... a veritable murders row of centers :rolleyes:

Kristic/Fesenko/Lopez

major role? laughable