View Full Version : Paul Pierce: "We are gonna be scary good"

JordansBulls
09-29-2012, 08:18 PM
paul pierce ‏@paulpierce34
made it through first day of practice we r gonna b scary good

fwiw

JNoel
09-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Not a big deal, he's just displaying his satisfaction in the team going forward.

Carey
09-29-2012, 08:27 PM
I agree with him, i thought they ran out of gas in that game 7 last year but they are deeper this year and a little younger getting Green back, adding Courtney Lee and getting Bradley back at some point this year will be a huge boost. Also like the Jason Terry signing because he spot up and move without the ball ala Ray Allen but he can handle the ball and effectively run the pnr.

Bulls_fan90
09-29-2012, 08:29 PM
I tend to agree, but only if they can stay healthy.

SteBO
09-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Boston will be very good. No shocker here.

dnewguy
09-29-2012, 08:32 PM
They will be scary good to teams like the Knicks...anything beyond that and they might win a game.

AndyfromNeptune
09-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I have the Celtics as a top 2 team in the East.

They weren't a championship contender last year. This year, as Rondo enters his prime, they will be.

AndyfromNeptune
09-29-2012, 08:36 PM
If anyone cares, I have the Heat, Celtics, and Knicks as the top 3 teams in the East.

Mr. LA
09-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Not hard to be "good" in the Eastern Conference .... In the West on the other hand...It's hard to "ok"

Hawkeye15
09-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Uh, I think most rational fans think they are a top 4-5 team in the NBA.

That being said, everyone on their roster, and almost any roster, is 100% now. Will Pierce and KG, and any other older vet be the same by game 70? That will be the part to watch.

heyman321
09-29-2012, 08:50 PM
I have the Celtics as a top 2 team in the East.

They weren't a championship contender last year. This year, as Rondo enters his prime, they will be.

They were one win from the Finals...lol. That's a championship contender. If it wasn't for Lebron being the best player in basketball they would have advanced.

bagwell368
as Rondo enters his prime, they will be.

Rondo's prime so far is 2008-2010. He actually tailed off these last two years.

This year is the last gasp, once PP and KG lapse into decline, what's Rondo going to do then? Score 25 a night on 11 for 27 shooting every night?

meloman1592
They will be scary good to teams like the Knicks...anything beyond that and they might win a game.

why the knicks? why not the other 14 teams in the east?

kntresistheheat
09-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Celtics are a top 3 team in the east for sure and they are contenders. In fact, they will be in the eastern conference finals again this year.

smith&wesson
09-29-2012, 08:52 PM
i hate the atlantic division =(

kntresistheheat
09-29-2012, 08:53 PM
My final 4 teams :

Heat
Celtics
Knicks
Pacers

kntresistheheat
09-29-2012, 08:53 PM
My final 4 teams :

Heat
Celtics
Knicks
Pacers

AddiX
09-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Bos will NE a solid team and a top 4 seed almost for sure.

But I don't have a clue what makes anyone think they should be any better than last year or the year before.

I think ray Allen joining Miami is some cowardly BS, but even I agree w him that bos has peaked.

DoMeFavors
09-29-2012, 08:59 PM
This is prob the most stacked they have been since 08-09

DoMeFavors
09-29-2012, 09:02 PM

But I don't have a clue what makes anyone think they should be any better than last year or the year before.

I think ray Allen joining Miami is some cowardly BS, but even I agree w him that bos has peaked.

Got a much better bench, added JET and Jeff Green to come off the bench

SteBO
09-29-2012, 09:05 PM

I don't know dude. The bench they have now to me is the best it's been since '08, and they have a bit more scoring punch off the bench with Terry. They're also very versatile on both ends at the wing positions. They'll be better than last year. Im sure of it.

MTar786
09-29-2012, 09:44 PM
celtics are an ecf threat.. nothing more. they arent winning a title this year. no way they can beat heat,lakers or okc...

im surprised they are getting so over rated here on psd. pierce is declining. kg wont be able to repeat last playoffs. terry is a good add.. but not enough imo.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Uh, I think most rational fans think they are a top 4-5 team in the NBA.

That being said, everyone on their roster, and almost any roster, is 100% now. Will Pierce and KG, and any other older vet be the same by game 70? That will be the part to watch.

KG played 31 MPG last season. I expect that to go down a little and Doc will probably not play KG and Pierce against teams like the Bobcats, the Wizards etc. like he did last season.

NYMetros
09-29-2012, 10:54 PM

They might win a game? Um they took the champions to 7 last year. And they're better this year, much better depth. The Jet, Lee, and Green are 3 QUALITY backups. I'd say they have the best bench in the NBA, and that was their biggest weakness last year.

justinnum1
09-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Miami-boston ECf again but boston lacks the elite players to beat miami.

xxplayerxx23
09-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Celtics should be a 2-4 team in the east.

xxplayerxx23
09-29-2012, 10:59 PM
I don't care what you say about them, they are contenders to win it all. They can beat any team in a 7 game series. They improved from last year, if sullinger does anything off the bench and Green is healthy look out Miami.

AndyfromNeptune
09-29-2012, 11:03 PM
They might win a game? Um they took the champions to 7 last year. And they're better this year, much better depth. The Jet, Lee, and Green are 3 QUALITY backups. I'd say they have the best bench in the NBA, and that was their biggest weakness last year.

I said they were a top 2 team in the East. They are championship contenders easily.

SeoulBeatz
09-29-2012, 11:17 PM
nothing wrong with that. If I take my homer glasses off, I'd say the Celts have the best shot at winning the division.

I Rock Shaqs
09-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Not hard to be "good" in the Eastern Conference .... In the West on the other hand...It's hard to "ok"

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense at all lol.

C-Style
09-29-2012, 11:34 PM
I hope they are, need some comp in east

Avenged
09-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Obviously. Not sure they have enough to knock out the Heat though but we'll see.

C-Style
09-29-2012, 11:39 PM

Mavs did not have elite players if u will

numba1CHANGsta
09-29-2012, 11:44 PM
KG at Center worries me, he's gonna get owned by Bynum out east

DoMeFavors
09-30-2012, 12:08 AM
KG at Center worries me, he's gonna get owned by Bynum out east

Thats a couple games out of the year and they can easily put Jason Collins in that game at center

JEDean89
09-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Celtics are gonna be good. I think they have a chance to beat the heat. i don't see them being a terrific regular season team though. pierce and kg will have a hard time carrying this team. Rondo is the best pg in basketball but he isn't a good enough scorer to carry this team.

Kashmir13579
09-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Knicks vs Celtics in the playoffs would be crazy.

NYMetros
09-30-2012, 12:41 AM
I said they were a top 2 team in the East. They are championship contenders easily.

My bad man, I quoted the wrong post. I meant to respond to the dude that said we might Boston might win a game against the Heat.

jmoney85
09-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Knicks vs Celtics in the playoffs would be crazy.

if the knicks make it

Kashmir13579
09-30-2012, 12:53 AM
The Celtics never go away man... Everyone sleeps on them. If the big 3 stay healthy and get production out of these gambles taken in the draft, it could be a very good year for Celtic fans.

Lakerhead4ever
09-30-2012, 12:56 AM

wrong. pierce is more clutch than anyone on that heat roster. terry as well. the celtics are always over looked but always comes out as a surprise.

they are just as deep, just as experienced. only thing they dont have is lebron.

if pierce can stays out of foul trouble....

but still, any team that has lebron, will be the favorites.

Kashmir13579
09-30-2012, 01:01 AM
the celtics are always over looked but always comes out as a surprise.

they are just as deep, just as experienced. only thing they dont have is lebron.

if pierce can stays out of foul trouble....

but still, any team that has lebron, will be the favorites.

I agree with all of this.

Corey
09-30-2012, 01:17 AM
No reason the Celtics can't be a top 2 seed if they stay healthy.

Rondo - Terry
Bradley - Lee
Pierce - Green
Bass - Sullinger
KG - Wilcox - Collins/Darko

Not too shabby.

From the playoff roster, they lost Ray, Dooling, Pietrus and Stiemsma.

They added Jeff Green, Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Chris Wilcox, Jared Sullinger, Jason Collins, Darko..

Kashmir13579
09-30-2012, 01:23 AM
No reason the Celtics can't be a top 2 seed if they stay healthy.

Rondo - Terry
Bradley - Lee
Pierce - Green
Bass - Sullinger
KG - Wilcox - Collins/Darko

Not too shabby.

From the playoff roster, they lost Ray, Dooling, Pietrus and Stiemsma.

They added Jeff Green, Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Chris Wilcox, Jared Sullinger, Jason Collins, Darko..

Is Kris Joseph making the 15 man roster? I haven't been paying attention.

Showtime Steve
09-30-2012, 01:31 AM
I agree. They are going to be tough.

LTBaByyy
09-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Everyone loves Terry on Celtics but hate him on Mavericks

Lol

naps
09-30-2012, 02:06 AM
Right on. Boston scares me the most out of 29 teams in the league. Such a dangerous group. If they stay healthy in the playoff they will definitely give everyone a run for their money.

JayW_1023
09-30-2012, 03:10 AM
The Spurs are gonna be very good as well, but you never see Timmy boasting about that. Knowing is half the battle.

FOXHOUND
09-30-2012, 04:05 AM
I know Boston isn't going anywhere despite age, but why do so many people ignore why that series with Miami was so close? If Bosh was there from game 1 that's a very, very different series. Once he came back, despite not being all there and them having to initiate him back into the team, that series was a whole lot different.

I think the only thing Boston did was stop the bleeding on their aging. The lockout and shortened schedule helped them due to their chemistry and experience. The longer schedule will put more wear on them.

How many people forget that they had the 5th best record in the east last year? Don't expect them to finish high in the regular season, that old team is going to be in hardcore coast mode just the same. By the playoffs they should be playing at a top 3 level in the east, at worst. At the same time the other top teams in the east, Miami, Indiana New York and Philly, all just got noticeably better.

The fight on the road will be much tougher this year for them as a 4/5 seed, and just one injury to Pierce or KG will derail them.

ZebraCity916
09-30-2012, 04:05 AM
I'd like to see the C's win another title. Not sure if they would be able to keep up with Miami though.

And if they do get past Miami, can they get past the Lakers??

Man, I can't wait to see the Lakers play the other elite teams this year. Gonna be good.

AddiX
09-30-2012, 04:16 AM
I don't know dude. The bench they have now to me is the best it's been since '08, and they have a bit more scoring punch off the bench with Terry. They're also very versatile on both ends at the wing positions. They'll be better than last year. Im sure of it.

I agree with everything you said, BUT, none of that brings them to a new level. They have been a damn good team over the years. But couldn't get past Miami.

And none of these moves puts them over the top, these are role-players, and not the elite role-players that change games on the normal. Terry was once that, I doubt he still is, and everyone else is older.

The moves the celtics made put them toe and toe with the Knicks IMO, pacers are 4th seed.

PacersForLife
09-30-2012, 04:34 AM
The Spurs are gonna be very good as well, but you never see Timmy boasting about that. Knowing is half the battle.

Very true.

C-Style
09-30-2012, 05:04 AM
I'd like to see the C's win another title. Not sure if they would be able to keep up with Miami though.

And if they do get past Miami, can they get past the Lakers??

Man, I can't wait to see the Lakers play the other elite teams this year. Gonna be good.

I think Lakers will beat the Celtics but not without a fight

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-30-2012, 09:58 AM
they are good, not scary good. big difference.

with all that being said, they are no pushover.
should be a tough gritty game regardless of who they play.

Gormans Mic
09-30-2012, 01:15 PM

This year is the last gasp, once PP and KG lapse into decline, what's Rondo going to do then? Score 25 a night on 11 for 27 shooting every night?

cool and when PP is talking about next year or the year after or the year after or 4 years from now that willl be relevant.

This is big year in seeing which direction Rondo's career goes.

Gormans Mic
09-30-2012, 01:17 PM
So you think Tim Duncan thinks the spurs won't be good? Internet...where negative nancies can find anything to whine about.

PP is just talking to his fans on twitter? Wtf do people think someones going to say? Do people think he's not going to have confidence. Its so f'n bizarre how fans look so deep into athletes comments.

Gormans Mic
09-30-2012, 01:22 PM

The top 3 in West and Top 2 in east, after that everyone has something to prove....

The gap in talent from the East to West only actually exists in the minds of usually Lakers fans.

xcrisisx
10-01-2012, 09:36 AM
I know Boston isn't going anywhere despite age, but why do so many people ignore why that series with Miami was so close? If Bosh was there from game 1 that's a very, very different series. Once he came back, despite not being all there and them having to initiate him back into the team, that series was a whole lot different.
I think the only thing Boston did was stop the bleeding on their aging. The lockout and shortened schedule helped them due to their chemistry and experience. The longer schedule will put more wear on them.

How many people forget that they had the 5th best record in the east last year? Don't expect them to finish high in the regular season, that old team is going to be in hardcore coast mode just the same. By the playoffs they should be playing at a top 3 level in the east, at worst. At the same time the other top teams in the east, Miami, Indiana New York and Philly, all just got noticeably better.

The fight on the road will be much tougher this year for them as a 4/5 seed, and just one injury to Pierce or KG will derail them.

like the celtics didn't miss any players ftw...:facepalm:

GodsSon
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
What else is he supposed to say?

uprightciti
10-01-2012, 10:14 AM
pg - Rondo, Bradley
sg - Terry, Lee
sf - Pierce, Green
pf - Bass, Sullenger, Wilcox
c - Garnet, Melo, Darko

meh
they will be a hard team to beat but at max a second round out

Vincent33
10-01-2012, 10:25 AM

Has Duncan really ever talked like that? Pierce has been very outgoing with his remarks about his professional career. Duncan is basically the polar opposite. Type A and B personalities defined. Both are future HoFers for sure and have been very successful going about things in their own way.

JayW_1023
10-01-2012, 10:28 AM
What else is he supposed to say?

Nothing. Just shut up and play, basically.

NFLNBA
10-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Issue with Celtics is they dont have a Center. Garnett can hold his own against other tiny skinny centers like Bosh but he would be dominated and in foul trouble against the Likes of Howard, Bynum, Bogut ect

koreancabbage
10-01-2012, 10:59 AM
scary old

Twins Fanatic
10-01-2012, 11:14 AM

Actually the last two years have been more of his prime so far, he has been the focal point of that team over the past two years. Garnett and Pierce's decline, wouldn't even worry about that, teams has young and talented assets and Rondo can create a shot for anyone on that team.

Aleksandar
10-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Pierce said the same thing when Shaq was on the team. They weren't.

DoMeFavors
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM

They were really good and deep that year they still had Perkins, Jermaine, Shaq, Delonte,Nate

xcrisisx
10-01-2012, 11:53 AM

they were, but just not healthy
same story as the year before and before

8kobe24
10-01-2012, 12:39 PM
scary good is good. but there are 3 teams that are scary great.

Corey
10-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Is Kris Joseph making the 15 man roster? I haven't been paying attention.

Most likely, yeah.

Lakerfan In NY
10-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Let me say this 1st: I HATE THE CELTICS. but he's right. Core three still around. Enough big bodies to limit KG minutes. J. Green back. JT, C. Lee, healthy A. Bradley, young rookies (Sullinger, Melo) Last year team gave the champs all they could handle now they are alittle deeper & some speed. He could be right. But I still hate them.

UPRock
10-01-2012, 03:22 PM
I think there's a typo in the Title of the thread, I think he meant "Paul Pierce: We're gonna be scary old"