PDA

View Full Version : Jayson Williams eyes comeback

mrblisterdundee
09-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Jayson Williams, now 44 years old, is looking toward a possible comeback (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8431391/nba-jayson-williams-interview). Seriously, though; who would take him?
I love these stories about idiotic athletes shooting themselves and others (or threatening to) while handling guns they don't need. It shows you how grown-up most professional athletes really are.

JordansBulls
09-29-2012, 03:52 PM
That is because that fool is broke after being in jail for soo long and probably having to paying an arm and leg. Hell he probably had to give up his money to get out of jail early.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I gather you've never made a mistake in your life right?

HouRealCoach
09-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Hell the Knicks don't care about age...

JNoel
09-29-2012, 03:54 PM
White Chocolate?

mrblisterdundee
09-29-2012, 03:55 PM

Yes; I have made mistakes slightly less severe than showing off a shotgun I don't know how to handle and shooting one of my guests. I've also never been an idiotic professional athlete who should have let his bodyguards handle the weaponry.

tapajafri
09-29-2012, 03:55 PM
White Chocolate?

No the other one.... although I wish Vintage White Chocolate from his Sacramento Kings days would make a comeback. He was hands down the most exciting player in the NBA.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 03:57 PM
My question is if people just read headlines and ignore the story. Because only someone who just read the headline and didn't read the story could root against this guy. It's a really sad story, I will read his book. Anytime you're blessed with talent and blow it (immaturity, poor choices) it's absolutely sad.

Once you grow up, pay your debt to society, and come out and start writing books and donating all the proceeds to charity, working 18 hour days, and really Humbling yourself, you have a fan in me. Good luck J-Will and I hope you get to play at least one more game in the NBA.

xxplayerxx23
09-29-2012, 03:57 PM
:sigh: Knicks bound I guess.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Yes; I have made mistakes slightly less severe than showing off a shotgun I don't know how to handle and shooting one of my guests. I've also never been an idiotic professional athlete who should have let his bodyguards handle the weaponry.

The severity of the mistake is irrelevant. You're missing the point. No one is infallible. Every mistake comes with a consequence. When you fail an exam for not studying, there is your mistake and there is your consequence. When you foolishly handle weapons, you go to prison. There is your mistake and your consequence.

He went to jail and paid his debt to society. Holding that mistake against him at this point is absolutely ridiculous especially considering the fact that the story itself paints him in a positive light. So to spin it negatively is really something else.

The man made a mistake. And now he's trying to get his life back together. And you're rooting against him?

jmoney85
09-29-2012, 04:00 PM
No the other one.... although I wish Vintage White Chocolate from his Sacramento Kings days would make a comeback. He was hands down the most exciting player in the NBA.

uhhhh no

dnewguy
09-29-2012, 04:01 PM
He should be in prison.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Also let's just look over the fact that if you actually read the article he never once said he was making a comeback? Jesus Chris.

topdog
09-29-2012, 04:14 PM
The severity of the mistake is irrelevant. You're missing the point. No one is infallible. Every mistake comes with a consequence. When you fail an exam for not studying, there is your mistake and there is your consequence. When you foolishly handle weapons, you go to prison. There is your mistake and your consequence.

He went to jail and paid his debt to society. Holding that mistake against him at this point is absolutely ridiculous especially considering the fact that the story itself paints him in a positive light. So to spin it negatively is really something else.

The man made a mistake. And now he's trying to get his life back together. And you're rooting against him?

While I can agree with your last paragraph, the rest I take issue with. Killing somebody is in absolutely no way comparable to failing a test. Covering it up is another mistake on top of that.

As for "paying his debt to society," that's a semantics issue for me. Paying a debt assumes that somehow you have made even a situation where you had borrowed or taken something, but he didn't pay back that life he took. Sitting in a jail cell isn't paying back anything. Now, the work that he does now that he's out can serve as some sort of debt compromise, but let's just be clear that a couple years in prison is nothing in comparison to taking away a brother/father/son/husband/ect.

dee279
09-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Also let's just look over the fact that if you actually read the article he never once said he was making a comeback? Jesus Chris.

It says he said hes thinking about it

Five and a half months later, Williams continues to piece his life back together. In an extensive interview with ESPN.com, the 44-year-old Williams discusses his time in prison, opens up about how the accident still plays a role in his life and even bats around the idea of an NBA comeback.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Five and a half months later, Williams continues to piece his life back together. In an extensive interview with ESPN.com, the 44-year-old Williams discusses his time in prison, opens up about how the accident still plays a role in his life and even bats around the idea of an NBA comeback.

Did he ever say he's making a comeback? And by "bats around" the reporter ASKED him if he'd consider and he LAUGHED and said I'll do whatever "God wants me to do".

This thread is presented as if he's making a comeback or even considering it. He never brought it up.

AndyfromNeptune
09-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I think this is interesting because the times when he made his mistakes were times when he didn't put God in the center of his life.

I'm glad God is now. Williams is a better man for it.

YouCan'tBeatLA
09-29-2012, 04:56 PM
I think this is interesting because the times when he made his mistakes were times when he didn't put God in the center of his life.

I'm glad God is now. Williams is a better man for it.

lolwut?

TheNumber37
09-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Comeback? I think he means Revenge.

JasonJohnHorn
09-29-2012, 06:48 PM

There are mistakes, and there there are mistakes. I picked up whoel wheat bread today instead of white. That was a mistake. Pointing a loaded weapon at somebody? And shooting them? And killing them? And then trying to get everybody there to cover up for you and lie about it?

And it's not like that was the first, or the last incident he had with police.

He tried a come back a few years back and that didn't work out to well, so I don't expect this one to work out much better.

dee279
09-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Did he ever say he's making a comeback? And by "bats around" the reporter ASKED him if he'd consider and he LAUGHED and said I'll do whatever "God wants me to do".

This thread is presented as if he's making a comeback or even considering it. He never brought it up.

The fact is that he is thinking about it. How the hell you know what God is telling him? Hmmmm? :rolleyes:

Bulls_fan90
09-29-2012, 10:54 PM
White Chocolate?

I miss that guy :(

NoahH
09-30-2012, 01:14 AM
SMH theres no way he's in shape enough to play and no way he gets a roster spot and if he does he'll play MAX 2.4 mins per game

LongWayFromHome
09-30-2012, 02:23 AM
Good article. Assuming anybody on this site has the patience to read a short article.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-30-2012, 08:18 AM
heat