PDA

View Full Version : Most depth?

Mr. LA
09-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Now that the NBA season is quickly approaching... lets talk about depth for a minute... Obviously the Lakers, Heat, Thunder, Celtics, Spurs, and a couple other teams have a shot at the title this year, but hey, you never know, a team like the Grizzles can win it all... Obviously if you have a starting lineup like the Lakers...you don't necessarily need to have great depth to win a championship... but when you have a starting lineup like the Clippers or Grizzlies (ehhh ok starting lineups) then you have to have depth to win a championship and they certainly do...but which teams have the most depth? IMO my list would look something like this:

1. Nuggets
2. Celtics
3. Grizzlies
4. Clippers
5. Spurs

Is it just me or do Western conference teams have way more depth then Eastern conference teams? lol anyways... what do you think?

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-28-2012, 11:14 PM
honestly who voted for lakers lol

knicks=love
09-28-2012, 11:17 PM
call me a homer.. but where are the knicks?

Mr. LA
09-28-2012, 11:17 PM
honestly who voted for lakers lol

I put them in the poll obviously... but I didn't vote them lol :confused:

TheSource
09-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Celtics, I'd say.

knicks=love
09-28-2012, 11:19 PM
and this is easily the nuggets for me.

edit: what do you know, just another private poll where we can't see all the homers voting for their teams :facepalm:

Mr. LA
09-28-2012, 11:20 PM

Sorry dude. I couldn't think of all the NBA teams when I was making the poll... I'm actually a BIG fan of the Knicks depth

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Clippers

Clippersfan86
09-28-2012, 11:24 PM
IF the Clippers role players like Crawford+Hill+Odom mesh quickly and bounce back a bit easily them IMO.... but if that perfect storm doesn't happen it's going to be the Nuggets.

Mr. LA
09-28-2012, 11:25 PM
No love the Spurs yet? Honestly their starting lineup isn't that great at all yet they get the top record seemingly every year... They're all about depth

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-28-2012, 11:27 PM

It's pretty overrated:shrug:

Mishmin
09-28-2012, 11:29 PM
1.Celtics
2. Nuggets
3. Clippers
4. Knicks
5. Spurs
6. Heat

Clippersfan86
09-28-2012, 11:31 PM
1.Celtics
2. Nuggets
3. Clippers
4. Knicks
5. Spurs
6. Heat

I might switch one or two around but no question this is the likely top 6 and is a logical list.

the unknown
09-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Knicks have shumpert Jr smith camby sheed Kidd

Mr. LA
09-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Celtics have no big man depth
Clippers have a ton of question marks
Heat have injury issues
Nuggets don't have "the" 6th "man"
Knicks are old

They all have issues ^^ although they are all in the top 6 but that leaves the SPURS! I have to say

Dade County
09-28-2012, 11:36 PM
I like the HEAT, Clippers, & the Knicks depth.

Cal827
09-28-2012, 11:37 PM
:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

Mr. LA didn't pick the Lakers as the #1 team in a ranking thread?!

:D

To answer the question though, I would pick the Clippers, then the Nuggets.

xnick5757
09-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Celtics have no big man depth
Clippers have a ton of question marks
Heat have injury issues
Nuggets don't have "the" 6th "man"
Knicks are old

They all have issues ^^ although they are all in the top 6 but that leaves the SPURS! I have to say

Bass, KG, Green, Sullinger. Wilcox, Melo, Dark

Celtics have some depth

KnickNyKnick
09-29-2012, 12:01 AM
i like the spurs. everyone's sleeping on them. they were the best team last season winning 28 of 33 games at home. now we have a full season and they can be tougher.

duncan jackson parker manu diaw will cause trouble if healthy. probably the most diverse team geographically and skillfully.

but i voted other ofcourse cuz the Knicks are better

Carmelo Anthony
Ronnie Brewer
Marcus Camby
Tyson Chandler
Raymond Felton
Jason Kidd
Steve Novak
Pablo Prigioni
Iman Shumpert

Rasheed Wallace
J.R. Smith
Amar'e Stoudemire
Kurt Thomas
James White

Yikes!

Evolution23
09-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Denver and Knicks

Hawkeye15
09-29-2012, 12:55 AM
We have done this multiple times. Its the Nuggets, period.

Kashmir13579
09-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Knicks have Sheed suckaz!

Mr. LA
09-29-2012, 01:30 AM
We have done this multiple times. Its the Nuggets, period.

The poll says no!

topdog
09-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Bass, KG, Green, Sullinger. Wilcox, Melo, Dark

Celtics have some depth

Who of that group are you going to rely on though?

Bass doesn't qualify as a starter.

Ditto for KG.

Green is SF.

Sullinger needed surgery last I checked (not sure what all has transpired)

Wilcox hasn't even bee slightly relevant since Seattle.

Melo is a rookie project.

Darko has competitiveness issues i.e. he doesn't always give effort.

It could be shaky.

topdog
09-29-2012, 02:12 AM
The poll says no!

Now it does! Any poll takes time to develop.

mngopher35
09-29-2012, 02:17 AM
I think its gotta be the nuggets here. Clippers have a solid veteran bench, and if a couple players have comeback years they could be really good. Celtics also have alot of depth, they would round out my top 3.

IndyHeatjman
09-29-2012, 07:30 AM
I see votes but no credit for the Pacers. The only team without a star with a top 5 best record in the league last year. They rely on their depth to win games...worked out pretty well last year and now they are even deeper at the positions they lacked @SF/C.
PG Hill/Augustine
SG George/Stephenson
SF Granger/Green/Sam Young?
PF West/Hansbrough
C Hibbert/Mahinmi/Plumlee
Call me homer all u want. That looks like the best depth in the league.

xxcubs22xx
09-29-2012, 07:38 AM
Celtics
Clippers
Heat
Spurs
Pacers
Nuggets
Lakers
Bulls

In no order

pinhead
09-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Depth is overrated anyway. You only need about 3 or 4 great players to win it, that is why no team outside of Lakers,Heat or maybe Thunder have a chance.Just having 8 or 9 good players but no superstars will not get the job done.

Avenged
09-29-2012, 10:38 AM
I'd put the Clippers up there but they are pretty weak at the center position. DJ is not all that good.. and his backups are even worse. But 1 through 4 they are deep.

cbreezy34
09-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Tough to take this seriously without the Sixers even being an option.

Minimal
09-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Nuggets and Clippers

topdog
09-29-2012, 05:04 PM
I see votes but no credit for the Pacers. The only team without a star with a top 5 best record in the league last year. They rely on their depth to win games...worked out pretty well last year and now they are even deeper at the positions they lacked @SF/C.
PG Hill/Augustine
SG George/Stephenson
SF Granger/Green/Sam Young?
PF West/Hansbrough
C Hibbert/Mahinmi/Plumlee
Call me homer all u want. That looks like the best depth in the league.

They just gave away Collison who really was their scoring off of the bench. Gerald Green is an interesting addition, but he's still a wait-and-see contributor considering he has been out of the league for a couple of years.

Augustine is terrible. He's not very good on offense and can't guard anybody.

Stephenson was an interesting prospect coming into the league but hasn't been able to earn any real minutes.

Hansborough is one of the qualilty 110% guys that piss other teams off, but David West isn't towards the top of the list of starting PFs.

Mahinmi had some quality moments with low expectations, but he certainly isn't anything impressive and Plumlee was a gigantic reach.

I like Indiana - it is my East team, but I like them a lot less without Collison and don't think their bench is all that great.

STL Don
09-30-2012, 02:34 AM
If Odom is really rejuvenated then I'd probably have to go with LAC or Boston.

Denver, Golden State, Miami (If Cole progresses and Lewis can return to form)
Minnesota, Toronto (Calderon, Lucas, Fields/Ross, Davis, A.Johnson..not bad)
Utah, SAS, Brkln
All have really good depth IMO.

KnickNyKnick
09-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Tough to take this seriously without the Sixers even being an option.

4 real Sixers and Knicks have more depth than alot of those teams mentioned.

Gormans Mic
09-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Knicks have shumpert Jr smith camby sheed Kidd

:down: ack sheed? really?

todu82
09-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Going with the Celtics.

JesusWears24
09-30-2012, 01:36 PM
The Grizzlies? Are you kidding me? They have a decent team, and just because you have a bunch of players who aren't good at each position doesn't mean you have depth!

AI
09-30-2012, 01:42 PM
People need to stop worrying about the Knicks age and how the players actually produce. Not to mention that we are not relying on these players to log major mjnutes, they will come off the bench. Camby lead the NBA in rebounding per 48 Minutes last year, Kidd averaged 6-4-5-1 last year and shot 35% from the 3 pt line which is great for a backup.

Guppyfighter
09-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Knicks suck. In terms of depth

Pacers
Spurs
Nuggets
Sixers

JEDean89
09-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Honestly i don't get how the knicks bench sucks when camby, jr, and kidd are all starters on a lot of teams. camby and kidd are old, but i doesn't matter as much when your on the bench. Each will play 15-20 mins night and that's perfect. teams that win champs are usually older. look at the heat bench last year, haslem and miller, but old. the celts have had old supporting casts and won, it seems to be succesful. the nuggs though are the deepest team 1-10. They do have a true 6th man in Wilson Chandler, one of if not the best backup pg's in andre miller. and one of if not the best backup centers in Javale McGee. There bench will probably score the most points this year between miller, hamilton, chandler, koufus, mcgee.

DubbyDubbs
09-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Denver Nuggets

DanG
09-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Nuggets, Clippers

monty77
10-01-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't have seen every league team one-by-one but focus my attention in this five teams you have mentioned (Nuggets, Celtics, Grizzlies, Clippers & Spurs) I would change positions.

I would put Grizzlies out of this list because of this year they have lost one of most valuable bench player of League: OJ.Mayo. Bayless is good obtainment but is worse player that him. The other backup players aren't really highlight: Speights, Arthur, Pondexter, Ellington.

Miami and even Bulls should be ahead of him as they have Lewis, Miller, Chambers, Haslem// Hinrich, Gibson, Robinson, Belinelli. These are better backup in my opinion and could be compared with Nuggets' & Celtics' depth.

I must say that Celtics have three great SG: Terry, C.Lee and Bradley and he should change one of them for a big man. Thus perhaps they become one of top 3 deepest teams in the league.

Surely, Spurs and Clippers are the two deepest team. Although Clippers have altogether more qualities players as Spurs have a good bench (Splitter, Blair, Ginobili, Jackson, Colo) because of Green and Leonard are starters.

Although I advise Clippers the same that I have advised to Celtics. They must to exchange a guard for a big man.

1. Spurs: Splitter, Blair, Ginobili, Jackson, Colo
2. Clippers: Bledsoe, Crawford, Odom, Billups, Barnes
3. Nuggets: Faried, Chandler, Andre Miller, Randolph, Fournier
4. Celtics: Terry, Bass, Melo, Green, Bradley, Sullinger
5. Heats: Lewis, Miller, Chambers, Haslem, Anthony
6. Bulls: Hinrich, Belinelli, Gibson, Robinson, J.Butler
7. Grizzlies: Speights, Bayless, Arthur, Pondexter, Ellington

xcrisisx
10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I must say that Celtics have three great SG: Terry, C.Lee and Bradley and he should change one of them for a big man. Thus perhaps they become one of top 3 deepest teams in the league.

bradley doesn't come back till january
they just signed jet and lee to fill the starter and 6th man job
and you want to trade'em... kidding?
just because they lack an impact center, doesn't mean they need to trade a guard

nickdymez
10-01-2012, 12:36 PM
I originally said the Clippers, but since we are all being homers, im going to go with the Lakers