PDA

View Full Version : Jay-Z reveals Nets Jersey at Barclay's Concert

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Welp, here they are fellas, the latest images of the Jersey.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A37QVNbCMAAcuHK.jpg:large

http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws.com/df9af51209db11e2854522000a1cdaf1_7.jpg

http://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaws.com/fc8ddb7c09da11e28f4222000a1c9e1c_7.jpg

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/255633/jay-z_jersey_1_standard_1348884732_730.jpg

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8438297/jay-z-unveils-brooklyn-nets-road-jersey

I'll update with more as they come in. Jersey will probably be officially released tomorrow.

NYKnicksAllDay
09-28-2012, 10:39 PM
I like 'em.

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-28-2012, 10:40 PM
This is the way I thought they'd be revealed. Glad theyre what I expected.

Big Zo
09-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Are they trying to be the Raiders?

Big Zo
09-28-2012, 10:46 PM
And I thought Jay Z doesn't wear jerseys cuz he's 30 plus, and only wears button-ups?

LeGacy is Music
09-28-2012, 10:52 PM
And I thought Jay Z doesn't wear jerseys cuz he's 30 plus, and only wears button-ups?

he is 40 plus my good man

Big Zo
09-28-2012, 10:55 PM
he is 40 plus my good man

I know, but that's what he said back when he said it.

PleaseBeNice
09-28-2012, 10:59 PM
I thought they were gonna be terrible, but I actually like em. They look gangsta like they mean business lol

ee
09-28-2012, 11:02 PM
I posted the old Knicks Jersey on Netsdaily and they ate me alive......I only meant to say that they look a lot better than the knicks Jersey....

shep33
09-28-2012, 11:21 PM
I like em

knicks=love
09-28-2012, 11:22 PM
they're fine. the first picture is actually a really sweet picture overall..

Punk
09-28-2012, 11:22 PM
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/xOr.JXZ2oHSIzhc1FaDFIA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD00Njg7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-09-29T023811Z_1434823386_GM1E89T0TGW01_RTRMADP_3_NEWY ORK-JAYZ.JPG

Looks better than expected.

Magic Johnson is there also.

netsgiantsyanks
09-28-2012, 11:27 PM
:nod:

Robbw241
09-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Love black and white so I obviously love these jerseys.

Punk
09-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Here is the official pics via NBAstore.com

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/663926413.jpg?key=1177543&Expires=1348892156&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=RyZJDiVPUF-0KffqsicEd-tJbTp5xy-wslUioZuZ6DkiedD0ZnNJtOuFmYMhD2NY0LOjx7al0lbn0qCRn xxi0DXpVHuhcZSBWQ5plnqFLpSK9gq-6dBF1qu7NULRyDI80UeAUdN6Ifqj8U2YbmSAFLU0mt9cl3T3EE 1hGjEbEZs_

lvlheaded
09-29-2012, 12:10 AM
I hoped for something a little better. But they are nice

Odominator
09-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Spurs 2.0

Chill_Will_24
09-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Did they really play a Biggie hologram like they did with 2Pac? That is what my friend text me

HOZ THE KNICK
09-29-2012, 12:31 AM
i hate them but the jersey"s are fly...

ee
09-29-2012, 12:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bSjVt.png
http://i.imgur.com/4sET8.png
http://i.imgur.com/JakCJ.png
http://i.imgur.com/mMyiA.png
http://nba.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p14027687dt.jpg

carter for JayZs real last name.....not VC's

Losoway
09-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Omggggg

brooklyn nets >>>>

Evolution23
09-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Boring colors but I guess it works for BK cause of the borough grittiness.

ee
09-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Boring colors but I guess it works for BK cause of the borough grittiness.

not everyone likes superbright orange.:rolleyes:....might aswell throw some lime green with it.....

aztr0
09-29-2012, 12:52 AM
I know, but that's what he said back when he said it.

He also said he was retiring a while back but came back from retirement. You really shouldn't take everything people say so seriously.

cheaptrikz
09-29-2012, 12:52 AM
bringing back the huge jersey look from 01

KNICKS R BACK
09-29-2012, 12:56 AM

LOL! true story...on another note, even more of a knock off of the spurs jerseys than i originally thought

Hawkeye15
09-29-2012, 12:57 AM
ohh, I love the black/white. Those are sweet jersey's imo.

I am excited for the Nets. Great new stadium, their owner seems to really be willing to do what it takes, I think REAL Nets fans have suffered for so long, its nice to see that change.

Metsboi69
09-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Really cool; can't wait till they start selling them on the fake chinese sites so I can afford an "authentic" one.

QuaLiThADoN
09-29-2012, 01:01 AM
I don't like the lettering on brooklyn could have been nicer but the design is cool

DoMeFavors
09-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Its safe to say Nets are the most popular team in the NBA now.

ee
09-29-2012, 01:46 AM
here we go.....:D

Tmath
09-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Jay-Z is one of the most overrated rappers ever, just sayin.

Corey
09-29-2012, 02:03 AM
I actually like them quite a bit.

HOZ THE KNICK
09-29-2012, 02:10 AM

like it or not his flow is ill but the nets have to win on the court...

STAT1
09-29-2012, 02:11 AM
Whos number 4?

NYKnicks4511
09-29-2012, 02:16 AM

Hhaha I came here to say that. Give him a fresh pair of jeans though.

jmoney85
09-29-2012, 02:30 AM
can somebody tell what the difference is between the "swingman" jersey and the replica.... I dont like the shoulders on the replica but I like that swingman jersey

which one are they wearing for games?

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-29-2012, 04:46 AM
can somebody tell what the difference is between the "swingman" jersey and the replica.... I dont like the shoulders on the replica but I like that swingman jersey

which one are they wearing for games?

Swingman is an authentic, Replica is an iron on.

Knicks21
09-29-2012, 06:29 AM
Swingman is an authentic, Replica is an iron on.

Not really.

Authentic usually north of $250 are the in game ones, Swingman is closer with a more authentic feel but not the same at $80 and Replica is Iron on usually $40.

Authentic > Swingman > Replica

Authentic ie this one http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10811348&cp=2806559.2806559&lmdn=Jersey+Type is what the players wear.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Spurs vs Nets should be interesting.

SINCESTARBURY25
09-29-2012, 01:42 PM
If I was just now getting into basketball id probably be on the Nets band wagon right now.
I really like these jerseys and the new feel of the game they are putting out there. But its still Knicks all day. Two great teams in New York #NOHATE

MonroeFAN
09-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Sick jersey

:clap:

gotoHcarolina52
09-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Good looking jerseys. I like how they incorporated the herringbone pattern into the jerseys to match the court.

b_russ
09-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Same font as OKC.

Stunner
09-29-2012, 03:05 PM

naw....

YashBoone
09-29-2012, 03:13 PM
All I see is a grown *** man wearin skinny jeans.

smith&wesson
09-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Ill

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 03:35 PM
It's hysterical, really, watching the vast majority of fans properly give kudos to the Nets for there marketing/look and then you have the Knicks fans trolling.

I posed a question months ago as to whether or not the Knicks fans would be "afraid" of the Nets. Or, rather, "threatened". The thread was about 5 pages of Knicks fans saying "scared? threatened? they're the New Jersey Nets!!"

Now the Post, Daily News, and NY radio is plastered with Brooklyn. The arena has garnered rave reviews. The Nets gear is out-selling the Knicks gear (without jersey release), and they have an owner who does not care about paying the luxury tax.

Now with the jersey release, which might I had I don't necessarily agree with the format (a rap concert? really?) all you see is hate. These jerseys are by far the most fashionable in the NBA. Anyone comparing them to the Spurs is just hating. And it's hilarious.

But this thread is a clear demonstration that the Knicks fans are certainly threatened. And with good reason.

jmoney85
09-29-2012, 04:06 PM
It's hysterical, really, watching the vast majority of fans properly give kudos to the Nets for there marketing/look and then you have the Knicks fans trolling.

I posed a question months ago as to whether or not the Knicks fans would be "afraid" of the Nets. Or, rather, "threatened". The thread was about 5 pages of Knicks fans saying "scared? threatened? they're the New Jersey Nets!!"

Now the Post, Daily News, and NY radio is plastered with Brooklyn. The arena has garnered rave reviews. The Nets gear is out-selling the Knicks gear (without jersey release), and they have an owner who does not care about paying the luxury tax.

Now with the jersey release, which might I had I don't necessarily agree with the format (a rap concert? really?) all you see is hate. These jerseys are by far the most fashionable in the NBA. Anyone comparing them to the Spurs is just hating. And it's hilarious.

But this thread is a clear demonstration that the Knicks fans are certainly threatened. And with good reason.

yea I dont see any type of resemblance to the spurs jerseys at all

Evolution23
09-29-2012, 05:03 PM
not everyone likes superbright orange.:rolleyes:....might aswell throw some lime green with it.....

I thought this threead was about the Net's jersey but you are talking about Orange colors! Not every one likes Mormons but we have a Mitt Romney running for president, so we have to deal with it.

Evolution23
09-29-2012, 05:09 PM

We are happy we have a 2nd, cheaper arena to go to for Knicks games. NYC as a whole is excited to have a 2nd basketball team in the city. The Nets can now be the Islanders, Mets, and Jets of the city. Pretty big accomplishment, if you ask me.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 05:20 PM
We are happy we have a 2nd, cheaper arena to go to for Knicks games. NYC as a whole is excited to have a 2nd basketball team in the city. The Nets can now be the Islanders, Mets, and Jets of the city. Pretty big accomplishment, if you ask me.

That's a ridiculous comparison. Compare the success of the Yankees to that of the Mets, and you have a legit reason for one team to take center stage, and another to be an afterthought. Compare the success of the Rangers to that of the Islanders, and you have a similar comparison. Giants to the Jets, similar comparison.

The Knicks have TWO championships and have been around for a LONG time. Have hardly "taken hold" of a city that is infamous for jumping on whatever franchise is most relevant/successful at the time.

You're in for a rude awakening and judging by your defensiveness I think you know that already.

NYsFinest
09-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Noone is "scared" of the Nets.... Everybody here with half a brain knows they were going to be more popular than before. Right now they are a hot item to talk about because its all fresh and new, but unless they dominate and the Knicks are horrendous (doubt it) that new appeal is going to wear out. They will be a popular team because they are a NY team now, but that doesn't mean the Knicks have anything to worry about.

Plus I dislike the image this team is becoming. They are marketing it as a hood brand with ghetto t shirt designs and "gangsta" reps. This jersey fits into that "streetball" mentality this franchise is all about.

NYsFinest
09-29-2012, 05:28 PM
That's a ridiculous comparison. Compare the success of the Yankees to that of the Mets, and you have a legit reason for one team to take center stage, and another to be an afterthought. Compare the success of the Rangers to that of the Islanders, and you have a similar comparison. Giants to the Jets, similar comparison.

The Knicks have TWO championships and have been around for a LONG time. Have hardly "taken hold" of a city that is infamous for jumping on whatever franchise is most relevant/successful at the time.

You're in for a rude awakening and judging by your defensiveness I think you know that already.

Islanders have a much richer history than the Rangers and up until recently the Giants weren't much more successful than the Jets. Lets see the Nets win some games before we crown any takeovers... a Jay Z concert and some cool t shirts has not sold me on this brand new nets dominance just yet. Lets not get ahead of ourselves wuth these premature predictions.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Noone is "scared" of the Nets.... Everybody here with half a brain knows they were going to be more popular than before. Right now they are a hot item to talk about because its all fresh and new, but unless they dominate and the Knicks are horrendous (doubt it) that new appeal is going to wear out. They will be a popular team because they are a NY team now, but that doesn't mean the Knicks have anything to worry about.

You're in a town that, history suggests, the more successful team will be the team that "owns the city". In my years following sports I cannot think of another rivalry that offers two professional teams the equal opportunity to "own" a city. The Knicks have had there entire franchise history to run away with the city, but have only ended up on the "worst franchise in sports" lists with 2 championships to show for their long long tenure in the NBA.

Now if the Nets prove to be more successful than the Knicks over the next 5 years (they don't even have to win a title!), the Knicks are in trouble. Because as you said the Nets are already more popular than the Knicks, and the up-and-coming generation has flocked to the popularity.

Plus I dislike the image this team is becoming. They are marketing it as a hood brand with ghetto t shirt designs and "gangsta" reps. This jersey fits into that "streetball" mentality this franchise is all about.

I won't even entertain this.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Islanders have a much richer history than the Rangers and up until recently the Giants weren't much more successful than the Jets. Lets see the Nets win some games before we crown any takeovers... a Jay Z concert and some cool t shirts has not sold me on this brand new nets dominance just yet. Lets not get ahead of ourselves wuth these premature predictions.

Looks like you made my point. Sounds like unless you have a history like the Yankees, where you are literally the greatest franchise in your sport, New York is for the taking.

The Knicks/Nets is by far the most wide open competition for the city in any of the major sports. Period.

NYsFinest
09-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Looks like you made my point. Sounds like unless you have a history like the Yankees, where you are literally the greatest franchise in your sport, New York is for the taking.

The Knicks/Nets is by far the most wide open competition for the city in any of the major sports. Period.

This website is all you need to know about what true knick fans feel about the nets... Will they have a buch of banwagon fans, sure... Obviously. But this city is full of diehard basketball fans just like the ones in the forum that will keep tye knicks as the number one team in NY. No matter what kind of history the Knicks have they stillhave been nys team for generations.

Lastly there is absolutely nothing to suggest that the nets will be significantly better than the knicks in the near future. Can they have a better season? Sure but not by anything significantthT would justify jumping ship. In fact the nets might be the only team in the league with worse flexibility and contracts than the knicks. They will win some fans with jayz concerts and catchy shirts but this isnt some championship caliber team and the knicks are just as competitive.

Ill21
09-29-2012, 05:45 PM
I guess they are not too bad.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 05:47 PM
This website is all you need to know about what true knick fans feel about the nets... Will they have a buch of banwagon fans, sure... Obviously. But this city is full of diehard basketball fans just like the ones in the forum that will keep tye knicks as the number one team in NY. No matter what kind of history the Knicks have they stillhave been nys team for generations.

Because there was no other team in the area.

Lastly there is absolutely nothing to suggest that the nets will be significantly better than the knicks in the near future. Can they have a better season? Sure but not by anything significantthT would justify jumping ship. In fact the nets might be the only team in the league with worse flexibility and contracts than the knicks. They will win some fans with jayz concerts and catchy shirts but this isnt some championship caliber team and the knicks are just as competitive.

Point is that the city is for the taking. Period. Like it or not.

NYsFinest
09-29-2012, 05:49 PM
If the knicks were a 20 win team and the Nets were a 60 win team then you would have a valid argument. Both of these teams are projected to win approximately 45-50 wins.... Why would new yorkers bail on a team they rooted for for decades for a team with a similar record.

If for some reason the Nets are significantly better than the knicks... The knicks will still be fine. On the other hand if the nets dont pqn out and the knicks outperform them, the nets are done for. Dont see why dolan should be the one thats shaking when the nets have much more at stake.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 05:54 PM
If the knicks were a 20 win team and the Nets were a 60 win team then you would have a valid argument. Both of these teams are projected to win approximately 45-50 wins.... Why would new yorkers bail on a team they rooted for for decades for a team with a similar record.

I agree. The Nets would have to consistently be better than the Knicks for 4-5 years.

If for some reason the Nets are significantly better than the knicks... The knicks will still be fine. On the other hand if the nets dont pqn out and the knicks outperform them, the nets are done for. Dont see why dolan should be the one thats shaking when the nets have much more at stake.

You're all over the place. Let's be clear. If the Nets win a title in the next 5 years the "Knicks are done for". If the Nets make it to the ECF in the next 5 years and the Knicks continue winning 1 playoff game a decade "the Knicks are done for".

It's crazy that the Nets have had more success the past decade. If that replicates itself this decade, "The Knicks are done for"

Dolan has publicly been "shaking". The Knicks have publicly "been shaking".

Why are fans ignoring it?

ee
09-29-2012, 05:56 PM
All I see is a grown *** man wearin skinny jeans.
Better than a grown *** man wearing skinny shorts!
http://blackgossip.org/wp-content/uploads/e467b__chan27_zps3143e462.png

NYsFinest
09-29-2012, 06:23 PM
I agree. The Nets would have to consistently be better than the Knicks for 4-5 years.

You're all over the place. Let's be clear. If the Nets win a title in the next 5 years the "Knicks are done for". If the Nets make it to the ECF in the next 5 years and the Knicks continue winning 1 playoff game a decade "the Knicks are done for".

It's crazy that the Nets have had more success the past decade. If that replicates itself this decade, "The Knicks are done for"

There will never be a whole city takeover by the nets... Even if somehow they dominate the nets fans wont outnumber the knicks fans... Not in this decade.best case scenario for them is they create a good rivalry and im actually all for it. you must not be from ny if you think otherwise.

Rockice_8
09-29-2012, 07:01 PM
There will never be a whole city takeover by the nets... Even if somehow they dominate the nets fans wont outnumber the knicks fans... Not in this decade.best case scenario for them is they create a good rivalry and im actually all for it. you must not be from ny if you think otherwise.

Honestly who cares about the sheer number of fans. Yes the Knicks will for at least the near future will have to more substantial fan base but again what does that even matter? All the Nets want is to gain their own fan base and make it a good one even if it's not as big as the Knicks. They want to make their arena a loud and tough place to play as well which will come with a growing fan base. And finally the Nets fans want to win a chip and with a chip comes the real important part of being a fan.

The race comes down to who wins first and I like Brooklyn's chances to be the first.

NYsFinest
09-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Honestly who cares about the sheer number of fans. Yes the Knicks will for at least the near future will have to more substantial fan base but again what does that even matter? All the Nets want is to gain their own fan base and make it a good one even if it's not as big as the Knicks. They want to make their arena a loud and tough place to play as well which will come with a growing fan base. And finally the Nets fans want to win a chip and with a chip comes the real important part of being a fan.

The race comes down to who wins first and I like Brooklyn's chances to be the first.

I actually support a good rivalry, I think it will make the season more fun and keep some pressure on the Knicks to succeed. Regardless the Nets will have a solid following and will be a fairly popular team... I just don't agree with the concept that the Knicks should be worried about taking a backseat in NY, not in the near future at the very least. Just saying that the Nets organization and fans bark is bigger than their bite lately.

Congrats Nets fans on a real arena, a real fan base and solid jerseys... now its time for the Knicks to kick your butts.

Evolution23
09-29-2012, 08:40 PM

yes the Knicks have 2 championships and the Nets have how many? 0! Fair comparision indeed.

You must not be from NYC, because saying something like "the Knicks have hardly taken hold o city that is imfamous for jumping on whatever franchise," is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Every one knows sports fans from New York are loyal to their teams regardless of them having a few bad seasons. You don't need to that to Knicks fans, we've been through it for a decade. You try doing that for 10+ years and then come talk to me about bangwaggon fans. ;)

Evolution23
09-29-2012, 08:49 PM

Lets be clear, you are talking about hypothetical situations which have very small chance of happening. This whole shaking thing you are writting about is, just in your head. No one is "shaking." Calm down, the Nets are not the Lakers, that teams are shaking over them.

Chill_Will_24
09-29-2012, 08:50 PM

# of people living in NY : 19 Million

# of Knicks fans on this site: idk but no more than a couple hundred. If you include all sports forums maybe a couple thousand.

Point is that while the extremely small percentage of Knicks fans that are loyal enough to go on PSD and support their team will never switch (even though i have met a lot that have already switched), that is a small percentage.

As Jesus said (that will sound funny in my head), the history of NY suggests that the city supports the team that wins. NY is built on winning. The nets and Knicks have an equal amount of titles in their history with the Nets having the most success in the last decade.

NY will gladly switch if the Nets become contenders and the Knicks continue to disappoint. Especially with this new "cool" identity that they have created. Rihanna, Beyonce, Justin Bieber, Faboolus, JayZ, Trey Songz, among many others have publicly pledged Nets. This might seem like childish and laughable but media has a large influence on our society.

Kids will grow up watching MTV and BET and see Nets hats everywhere and Nets as cool. Cool sells and endears.

Chill_Will_24
09-29-2012, 08:51 PM
yea I dont see any type of resemblance to the spurs jerseys at all

Really? You dont see the black on the jersey? What about that white there? Do you recognize that color? You dont see any resemblance? I beg to differ.

Evolution23
09-29-2012, 08:52 PM
# of people living in NY : 19 Million

# of Knicks fans on this site: idk but no more than a couple hundred. If you include all sports forums maybe a couple thousand.

Point is that while the extremely small percentage of Knicks fans that are loyal enough to go on PSD and support their team will never switch (even though i have met a lot that have already switched), that is a small percentage.

As Jesus said (that will sound funny in my head), the history of N suggests that the city supports the team that wins. NY is built on winning. The nets and Knicks have an equal amount of titles in their history with the Nets having the most success in the last decade.

NY will gladly switch if the Nets become contenders and the Knicks continue to disappoint. Especially with this new "cool" identity that they have created. Rihanna, Beyonce, Justin Bieber, Faboolus, JayZ, Trey Songz, among many others have publicly pledged Nets. This might seem like childish and laughable but media has a large influence on our society.

Kids will grow up watching MTV and BET and see Nets hats everywhere and Nets as cool. Cool sells and endears.

LOL all those bolded aren't cool. You deserve a ban for thinking Beiber is cool.

Chill_Will_24
09-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Better than a grown *** man wearing skinny shorts!
http://blackgossip.org/wp-content/uploads/e467b__chan27_zps3143e462.png

Damn ee that was harsh. Why you gotta do him like that? I mean its cool to win your exchange but damn you just wrecked that poster.

onlythisfar41
09-29-2012, 08:57 PM
looks like the spurs

Chill_Will_24
09-29-2012, 09:07 PM

That is always the Knicks fan cop-out. "You must not be from NY" Please...

I am from NY and while i am aware that the Knicks have been the kings of NY basketball... how many basketball teams did they have? It is easy to be the most popular team in NY when they are the ONLY team in NY.

Moreover NY is the media capital and the media is the single most influential form of persuasion in our society. The Nets will be on The Association reality TV series. They will be all over TV with JayZ wearing Nets hats everywhere and so many celebrities making the switch. Mysterious, savvy, and cool owner while Dolan is portrayed as a tool. Knicks are portrayed as losers while the Nets are "New and exciting". The Nets merchandise is being marketed as cool and fashionable while the Knicks.. well orange and blue.. nuff said

Not saying that the Nets will undoubtedly be the better squad but this arrogance by the Knicks' internet faithful that NY will always belong to the Knicks is laughable

Why will the Clippers never be as popular as the Lakers? Just look at how much the Lakers win. Just look at what they do. The Clippers start getting good and what do the Lakers do? They get Nash and Dwight and burst the Clipper's bubble!!!

Meanwhile the Nets come over to NY and become the coolest team in the league and build a solid squad and the Knicks.. the let go of the most exciting player they had that had captivated all of NY and the NBA and they signed a bunch of senior citizens.

Evolution23
09-29-2012, 09:13 PM

I am from NY and while i am aware that the Knicks have been the kings of NY basketball... how many basketball teams did they have? It is easy to be the most popular team in NY when they are the ONLY team in NY.

Moreover NY is the media capital and the media is the single most influential form of persuasion in our society. The Nets will be on The Association reality TV series. They will be all over TV with JayZ wearing Nets hats everywhere and so many celebrities making the switch. Mysterious, savvy, and cool owner while Dolan is portrayed as a tool. Knicks are portrayed as losers while the Nets are "New and exciting". The Nets merchandise is being marketed as cool and fashionable while the Knicks.. well orange and blue.. nuff said

Not saying that the Nets will undoubtedly be the better squad but this arrogance by the Knicks' internet faithful that NY will always belong to the Knicks is laughable

Why will the Clippers never be as popular as the Lakers? Just look at how much the Lakers win. Just look at what they do. The Clippers start getting good and what do the Lakers do? They get Nash and Dwight and burst the Clipper's bubble!!!

Meanwhile the Nets come over to NY and become the coolest team in the league and build a solid squad and the Knicks.. the let go of the most exciting player they had that had captivated all of NY and the NBA and they signed a bunch of senior citizens.

Stop trying to shove the Nets down every one's throats. It's never gonna happen. WE are gonna yell rape and you are gonna go to jail. You wanna go home or you wanna go to jail?

Chill_Will_24
09-29-2012, 09:16 PM
yes the Knicks have 2 championships and the Nets have how many? 0! Fair comparision indeed.

You must not be from NYC, because saying something like "the Knicks have hardly taken hold o city that is imfamous for jumping on whatever franchise," is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Every one knows sports fans from New York are loyal to their teams regardless of them having a few bad seasons. You don't need to that to Knicks fans, we've been through it for a decade. You try doing that for 10+ years and then come talk to me about bangwaggon fans. ;)

The Nets have 2 titles as well. Also there has onl ever been one NY team for Knicks fans to endear themselves to. They cannot afford the same level of futility with another team in NY. The situation is very different.

NY is not loyal to its teams NY is loyal to New York. Why? Because New Yorkers have an inherent and irrational belief that they live in the greatest and most superior city in the world and anything that will re-affirm that, the will support. Hence why history shows that they support the NY team with the winning history.

If the Knicks continue to fail while the Nets succeed being portrayed by the media as cool, New York will cling to it with all of its might.

Knicks have done nothing worth bragging about and fans have no reason to blindly support them anymore if the keep losing.

Chill_Will_24
09-29-2012, 09:25 PM
LOL all those bolded aren't cool. You deserve a ban for thinking Beiber is cool.

I did not say that Bieber is cool. I said that the Nets are cool. Furthermore just because you are not a fan of Rihanna or Justin Bieber does not make them anymore popular. Who is the most followed person on Twitter after whatsherface? Last i read it was Bieber.

All i am saying is that everything in life is perception and the Nets are being portrayed as cool by the mass media. The Yankees are in the middle of a playoff race and guess who was on the cover of the New York Post. Our arena.

Spin it how you want but the only celeb i can remember saying he will never switch is Spike Lee and personally i would rather you keep that tool. I get embarrassed FOR you guys when i see that ridiculous moron on TV

Chill_Will_24
09-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Stop trying to shove the Nets down every one's throats. It's never gonna happen. WE are gonna yell rape and you are gonna go to jail. You wanna go home or you wanna go to jail?

:laugh2: And that's Jenga :bow:

NYsFinest
09-29-2012, 10:42 PM

Profile says Trenton, NJ :rolleyes:

This argument is getting old, I agree Nets fans need to stop shoving their crappy team down our throats. I'm very happy that some Brooklyn born rappers and buddies of the "owner" are saying they like the nets. That clearly makes them the coolest team since ever. But lets wait until they ACTUALLY take over New York before you brag about it because these hypothetical predictions of Nets dominance are silly. I know its almost a given since the Nets come in with such a great track record of success, but lets wait it out just to be sure.

Lets make a thread about this when there is a parade down beautiful Fulton street with every rapper who loves Brooklyn on the float... until then pipe down.

Chill_Will_24
09-30-2012, 12:13 AM

This argument is getting old, I agree Nets fans need to stop shoving their crappy team down our throats. I'm very happy that some Brooklyn born rappers and buddies of the "owner" are saying they like the nets. That clearly makes them the coolest team since ever. But lets wait until they ACTUALLY take over New York before you brag about it because these hypothetical predictions of Nets dominance are silly. I know its almost a given since the Nets come in with such a great track record of success, but lets wait it out just to be sure.

Lets make a thread about this when there is a parade down beautiful Fulton street with every rapper who loves Brooklyn on the float... until then pipe down.

Ok thats when i made this account :shrug: Like i would lie :rolleyes:

:laugh2: Clear sign of a guy that has no argument. I never bragged that the Nets took over NY or that they are gonna win anything. I am speaking strictly of the mass popularity the Nets are gaining and how it could translate into the future loyalties of NY.

What hypotheticals? What i typed was truth. The Nets have been a pretty big story the whole summer and they ARE all over tv and getting all type of hype (not based on anything they have won).

How about you respond to my post as opposed to dissing the Nets and their fans and spewing garbage

Chill_Will_24
09-30-2012, 12:19 AM

BTW the Nets new arena looks amazing inside and the Nets locker room looks like the best in the NBA by far!!

CousinsEvansDUO
09-30-2012, 12:20 AM
The nets aren't cool just because they got Jay-Z is sucking the nets *** cheeks. They're probably one of the most over-hyped teams in the past decade. I don't see them even beating the hawks or bucks in the playoffs. 1st round playoff exist destiny is their destination for the 2012-2013 NBA season.

Chill_Will_24
09-30-2012, 12:24 AM
The nets aren't cool just because they got Jay-Z is sucking the nets *** cheeks. They're probably one of the most over-hyped teams in the past decade. I don't see them even beating the hawks or bucks in the playoffs. 1st round playoff exist destiny is their destination for the 2012-2013 NBA season.

Nobody is talking about what they will win. The conversation is about their level of popularity and whether NY will be theirs in future decades. Try to keep up kid.

and yes.. the ARE cool. The are popular and that cannot be denied. Do not be mad please

ichitownclowni
09-30-2012, 12:29 AM
I can't wear basketball jerseys. Shirts only

HeaTxRipZz
09-30-2012, 12:38 AM
It's a bit off topic but check out the intro he did for NBA 2k13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZttCrlBUFrk

Jay is all over this NBA thing

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-30-2012, 02:52 AM
I can't wear basketball jerseys. Shirts only

Don't worry, we have those.

http://c-product.images.fansedge.com/24-04/24-04300-Y.jpg

Astronaut
09-30-2012, 06:17 PM
I feel they could have done something a little more contemporary but I really like them. I'll be excited to watch the BK Nets this year. I also think alot can be done jersey wise with this team, looking forward to seeing the Alternates.

I Rock Shaqs
09-30-2012, 06:51 PM

Sounds almost like..... The KNICKS.

Evolution23
09-30-2012, 09:32 PM
The Nets are the coolest team in the NBA because Justin Beiber is a fan. LMAO Nets fans sounding like pathetic lil kids.

I Rock Shaqs
09-30-2012, 09:52 PM
The Nets are the coolest team in the NBA because Justin Beiber is a fan. LMAO Nets fans sounding like pathetic lil kids.

SHut up seriously lmao, what's the point of even posting that.

Vinny642
09-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Eww

Chill_Will_24
09-30-2012, 11:58 PM

Someone does not know how to read. I hate JB with a passion. Does that make him any less popular? Get a clue.

NYYCowboys
10-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Concert was AWFUL.

NYKnicksAllDay
10-01-2012, 12:27 AM
So much animosity. Can't we all be friends?

sharqstealth
10-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Is that it??? UGLY!!!

seikou8
10-01-2012, 12:44 AM
lol this thread games arent played on paper we will see and for the record i wil never switch knicks ride or die but the nets have gotten better should be a good season cant wait for nov 1st i will be there

Knicks21
10-01-2012, 01:06 AM
New York Knicks include all boroughs of New York, including Brooklyn. And all the celebs that you mentioned chill will are all products of or associated with Jay Z.

Jerseys look good though.

Gram
10-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Jay-Z.

DoMeFavors
10-01-2012, 01:32 AM
In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

seikou8
10-01-2012, 01:49 AM
In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

will you be alive in 30 years will the owner be alive in 30-40 years