PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace agrees to deal with Knicks

Punk
09-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Rasheed Wallace has told the Knicks he has elected to come out of retirement and join Monday's training camp, according to an NBA source.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/rasheed_coming_out_source_retirement_0C09SYUZTn81j 5XqCR3BWI#ixzz27nFbE5ev

Their roster is now:

Felton/Kidd/Prigoni
Shump/JR/Chris Smith
Melo/Brewer/White
Amare/Novak/Wallace
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

Chris Smith is probably going to get cut for another FA in the future.

DoMeFavors
09-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Most of these players played in the mid 90s

IndyRealist
09-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Isn't Novak a SF?

Gram
09-28-2012, 03:55 PM

Significant post. :clap:

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Just the characters on that Knicks team will be fun to watch.

DoMeFavors
09-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Its going to be scary though with such an old group
Kidd and Camby have 3 year deals but even now if they get hurt they cant afford it. They are old and if Kidd gets hurt they rely on that other guy as a backup.

If Camby gets hurt its up to Rasheed who knows how many minutes he can log.

Its very risky. One or 2 injuries can mess up their entire season.

SteBO
09-28-2012, 04:03 PM
I'll be watching more Knick games now. That's for sure.

dnewguy
09-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Senior citizens league

uprightciti
09-28-2012, 04:09 PM
thats just for pushing *****es out the way

KnickaBocka.44
09-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Kidd and Camby have 3 year deals but even now if they get hurt they cant afford it. They are old and if Kidd gets hurt they rely on that other guy as a backup.

You act as if they are playing major roles, which isn't the case. The bench may be old, but with age comes experience. These guys know how to win in the league which is a plus.

If there is an injury then the Knicks can always sign someone else for the minimum.

AI
09-28-2012, 04:13 PM

What if Brook Lopez injures himself again playing laser tag?

What if D-Will gets bit by a mutant racoon and turns into a zombie?

I can do "if's" too buddy.

Punk
09-28-2012, 04:13 PM
You know what's funny? The fact that people think the Knicks are old when in fact their average age is currently 31 with Wallace...which is the average age for a playoff team.

Isn't Novak a SF?
He's both.

DoMeFavors
09-28-2012, 04:14 PM
You act as if they are playing major roles, which isn't the case. The bench may be old, but with age comes experience. These guys know how to win in the league which is a plus.

If there is an injury then the Knicks can always sign someone else for the minimum.

Im saying if they get hurt it will lead to other older players playing more minutes.

And yeah Kidd,Camby, Felton, Kurt knew how to win this past year none won a playoff game, and they are added to a team that hasnt won a playoff series in over a decade.

DoMeFavors
09-28-2012, 04:15 PM
You know what's funny? The fact that people think the Knicks are old when in fact their average age is currently 31 with Wallace...which is the average age for a playoff team.

He's both.

It helps when you have white and Chris Smith who wont play at all.

29$JerZ
09-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Knicks have lacked PG production for ages. They have 3 capable players who at the very least can run an offense unlike Bibby/Toney

Melo will in all likelihood be the backup PF as well. I expect time for him there. Kurt really won't be getting much burn.

The only old vets who will get any significant time is Kidd and Camby.

Honest questio, what's the problem with an older bench? Knicks had one of the youngest benches last season and they were all terrible except for Baron/Smith/Novak.

DoMeFavors
09-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Knicks have lacked PG production for ages. They have 3 capable players who at the very least can run an offense unlike Bibby/Toney

Melo will in all likelihood be the backup PF as well. I expect time for him there. Kurt really won't be getting much burn.

Honest questio, what's the problem with an older bench? Knicks had one of the youngest benches last season and they were all terrible except for Baron/Smith/Novak.

They were all terrible? according to you they were all great like Harrelson, Bill Wallker.
Thats what Knick fans said last year Knicks finally have a PG like Baron Davis our savior and Jeremy Lin. And Bibby started for the Heat another good player.

NickyNick
09-28-2012, 04:20 PM
ball dont lie!!

KnickaBocka.44
09-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Im saying if they get hurt it will lead to other older players playing more minutes.

And yeah Kidd,Camby, Felton, Kurt knew how to win this past year none won a playoff game, and they are added to a team that hasnt won a playoff series in over a decade.

What's your point? You love bringing up that "hasn't won a playoff series in a decade" statement but this team hasn't been together for a decade, or one full, non-shortened season yet for that matter.

29$JerZ
09-28-2012, 04:23 PM
They were all terrible? according to you they were all great like Harrelson, Bill Wallker.
Thats what Knick fans said last year Knicks finally have a PG like Baron Davis our savior and Jeremy Lin. And Bibby started for the Heat another good player.

Still lying I see.

Don't mix a few Knicks fans opinion with my own.
Harrellson was solid until his injury and was horrific afterwards.
I never brought up guys like Walker.

No one said having Bibby was a good thing. Majority of the feelings were dread that we had a bum who got cut from a Finals team as our backup PG.

What can I expect from you though? Nothing.

KnickaBocka.44
09-28-2012, 04:23 PM

Baron Davis would have been alright if he came back on schedule but he didn't get to play until the second half of the season. Bibby was not good, don't lie. The Knicks depth at point guard is exponentially better than it was going into last year.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Interesting that training camp is only days away, and main free agents like KMart, Barbosa and Pietrus are still left un-signed, kicking rocks.

DoMeFavors
What's your point? You love bringing up that "hasn't won a playoff series in a decade" statement but this team hasn't been together for a decade, or one full, non-shortened season yet for that matter.

Because its the truth and everyone can see how desperate they are at this point.

uprightciti
it seems people are more concerned with the pg role than any other
i dont get it
Felton/Kidd/Pablo/Iman/Melo

better than last year for sure

TONEY DOUGLAS/Melo/Lin/BDiddy/Bibby

29$JerZ
09-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Interesting that training camp is only days away, and main free agents like KMart, Barbosa and Pietrus are still left un-signed, kicking rocks.

I understand K Mart and Pietrus but idk what's up with Barbosa. I heard he wanted LA.

KnickaBocka.44
09-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Because its the truth and everyone can see how desperate they are at this point.

The truth? You want to talk about the truth? lol YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

DoMeFavors
09-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Still lying I see.

Don't mix a few Knicks fans opinion with my own.
Harrellson was solid until his injury and was horrific afterwards.
I never brought up guys like Walker.

No one said having Bibby was a good thing. Majority of the feelings were dread that we had a bum who got cut from a Finals team as our backup PG.

What can I expect from you though? Nothing.

Arent mods supposed to act like angels? You are like a mean bully with your nonsense. But bullies dont scare me, I stand up to bullies.

I heard Bibby is a good vet who was going to help, and Baron David was the savior all year...then when Lin came along he was the best PG in the NBA now he sucks.

I knew all along Bibby sucks, I knew all along Baron couldnt do a thing why would he take the vet min? Then I knew how overated Lin was and once the scouting report got out he was exposed.

I know Felton is still fat, I know Kidd is old and cant even drive to the basket so he cant kick the ball out. I know that euro is a joke.

KnickaBocka.44
09-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Arent mods supposed to act like angels? You are like a mean bully with your nonsense. But bullies dont scare me, I stand up to bullies.

I heard Bibby is a good vet who was going to help, and Baron David was the savior all year...then when Lin came along he was the best PG in the NBA now he sucks.

I knew all along Bibby sucks, I knew all along Baron couldnt do a thing why would he take the vet min? Then I knew how overated Lin was and once the scouting report got out he was exposed.

I know Felton is still fat, I know Kidd is old and cant even drive to the basket so he cant kick the ball out. I know that euro is a joke.

You don't know shyt.

MetroMan
09-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Shhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddd

Hawkeye15
09-28-2012, 04:33 PM
I mean no offense by this, but are the Knicks trying to set the record for oldest free agent class in NBA history?

29$JerZ

My behavior is fine. I'm an angel.
I simply pointed out your lies about what I have said about my own team.
I hated Bibby, Jeffries and many others on the team yet you claim I thought they were the greatest. Lying is sad.
You clearly heard wrong. The Bibby signing was a sign of desperation for PG depth, much like Brooklyn/Miami were looking at Eddy.

Please continue to keep thinking about the Knicks that way. It's that hypocritical thinking I have seen demonstrated by you countless times and will be an ongoing problem all season long.

It's okay Ms.

D2theJ
it seems people are more concerned with the pg role than any other
i dont get it
Felton/Kidd/Pablo/Iman/Melo

better than last year for sure

TONEY DOUGLAS/Melo/Lin/BDiddy/Bibby

Why would you ever put Melo and point guard in the same sentence?

But I just don't really understand this signing. They now have 5 very old players (Thomas, Kidd, Camby, Wallace, Pablo). Maybe they're all insurance for when 3 out of the 5 get hurt and/or dont play well?

29$JerZ
09-28-2012, 04:34 PM
I mean no offense by this, but are the Knicks trying to set the record for oldest free agent class in NBA history?

Prigioni, Kidd, Thomas, Sheed, Camby
I should look this up
We may have possibly accomplished this.

Still rather have them than Toney, Bibby, Jeffries, Jorts, Jordan

nystandup
09-28-2012, 04:38 PM
DoMeFavors is like his teams owner. Always worrying about the Knicks.

dc5jdm
09-28-2012, 04:38 PM

Same goes for every team in the league. Your just hoping they get injured so the nets can have a easier season.

HeaTxRipZz
09-28-2012, 04:40 PM

I'm not gonna say you are lying but I will say is that none of that was the general feel in the Knicks forum. You have certain guys who constantly overrate guys that are on the roster but solid posters know the deal and never overrated Bibby, BDiddy or Lin. Lin was more media hype than anything. Not taking anything away from what he did for 28 games but I just wasn't a fan of his. Too many turnovers

DoMeFavors
09-28-2012, 04:40 PM
DoMeFavors is the his teams owner. Always worrying about the Knicks.

Its a basketball forum I write about every team.

DoMeFavors
09-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Same goes for every team in the league. Your just hoping they get injured so the nets can have a easier season.

I am not a psycho

Hawkeye15
09-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Prigioni, Kidd, Thomas, Sheed, Camby
I should look this up
We may have possibly accomplished this.

Still rather have them than Toney, Bibby, Jeffries, Jorts, Jordan

Oh, I think they upgraded, not a lot, but god dude, watching the corpse that is Mike Bibby last year was painful.

DoMeFavors
09-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Oh, I think they upgraded, not a lot, but god dude, watching the corpse that is Mike Bibby last year was painful.

He was decent in the playoffs.

Mr Costanza
09-28-2012, 04:52 PM

Please let us have a few hours of glee before you start AARPing our team. ;)
This was a good signing.

HeaTxRipZz
09-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Atleast we can look forward to Centrum Silver and Icy Hot sponsorships :D

The commercials should be entertaining

29$JerZ
09-28-2012, 04:55 PM

If you were ever in the Knicks forum you'd know how much I despised Bibby/Jeffries. knicks best off season move was dumping both. Saved my life bro.

DoMeFavors
09-28-2012, 04:57 PM
If you were ever in the Knicks forum you'd know how much I despised Bibby/Jeffries. knicks best off season move was dumping both. Saved my life bro.

I would take JEffries over CAmby and KUrt THomas

xxplayerxx23
09-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Jeffries over Camby :laugh2:

2-ONE-5
09-28-2012, 05:07 PM
LOL the Knicks love OLD players. they got a seinor tour on their bench

29$JerZ
09-28-2012, 05:08 PM
I would take JEffries over CAmby and KUrt THomas

I believe you.

D.O.N.
09-28-2012, 05:15 PM
I love to have sheed back, he's awesome no matter where he plays i just love to have him back :)

Punk
09-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Why would you ever put Melo and point guard in the same sentence?

Because he played Point Forward because they didn't have a starting PG. He actually had a career high in assists and recorded a triple double last year.

But I just don't really understand this signing. They now have 5 very old players (Thomas, Kidd, Camby, Wallace, Pablo). Maybe they're all insurance for when 3 out of the 5 get hurt and/or dont play well?

Bingo.

Celtics signed Darko for insurance, Knicks signed Wallace for insurance. Plus, he's a great teammate people say.

xxplayerxx23
09-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Can somebody let me know whats thebig deal? added depth. We have Thomas who won't get much burn, camby backs up chandler and if either get hurt now we have a guy that possible can help. No big deal, nothing bad about it at all. No risk solid reward.

Evolution23
09-28-2012, 05:24 PM

This is one of the biggest things people don't comprehend when it comes to the Knicks. Last year they didn't have a true point guard in any way shape or form, including Jeremy Lin. Lin had a great strech but he is still more of a combo guard to me and still is an average passer. Jason Kidd, Felton and Prigoni on the other hand, can run an offense and get Melo, Amare, and Chandler the ball where they need it.

29$JerZ
09-28-2012, 05:27 PM
This is one of the biggest things people don't comprehend when it comes to the Knicks. Last year they didn't have a true point guard in any way shape or form, including Jeremy Lin. Lin had a great strech but he is still more of a combo guard to me and still is an average passer. Jason Kidd, Felton and Prigoni on the other hand, can run an offense and get Melo, Amare, and Chandler the ball where they need it.

I understand why those outside of NY don't understand or assume this.

Best way to describe it is like this.

Last season Knicks depended on Bibby, Douglas, Fields, and Jeffries.
This season Knicks have Kidd, Brewer, Camby, Thomas as spare parts.

latinofire21
09-28-2012, 05:33 PM
I like the off-season the Knicks had. Obviously jt could have been better if colangeloels didn't block our trade for Nash. I still like hoe they filled the roster.

Evolution23
09-28-2012, 05:38 PM

This season Knicks have Kidd, Brewer, Camby, Thomas to rely on.

Bibby- Way past his prime, couldn't even hit an open jumper, let alone run an offense.

Douglas- Just terrible, he can't even bring the ball up the floor without losing control. His jumper was even worst last season.

Fields- Fell off the face of the planet. After a good half rookie season, he started shooting bricks, playing ****** defense, and just turning it over.

Jeffries- Bricks layups and dunks but is known for his "defense" which is slightly above average at best.

I think all the Knicks fans will agree with me, when I say, we improved our bench ten folds.

popo85
09-28-2012, 05:42 PM
K.Mart would of been a younger and better option

JayW_1023
09-28-2012, 05:47 PM

When.

JayW_1023
09-28-2012, 05:48 PM

LOL at this post at this stage of K-Marts career.

JayW_1023
09-28-2012, 05:50 PM
The fact that they gave up Lin, their most promising future prospect, for this makes it all the more baffling.

Jint.
09-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Holy Moses !!

Zefflin
09-28-2012, 05:52 PM
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

edit: knicks are set

Evolution23
09-28-2012, 05:59 PM
The fact that they gave up Lin, their most promising future prospect, for this makes it all the more baffling.

Knicks should sign Boner for a max. Championship!

NYK4L
09-28-2012, 06:01 PM

He wanted more than the minimum.

KnicksorBust
09-28-2012, 06:05 PM

I'm very high on the Brewer and Camby signings. Both are great bench pieces compared to what we had. The problem is what about our starting lineup? Lin to Felton is a downgrade (I would love to eat my words on this one but I don't expect to...). Kidd I'm on the fence about. He's certainly a pass-first PG and that is what we need with Melo and Amar'e "The Dream" Stoudemire in the post this season.

I still don't feel comfortable letting him go. His first year salary was a bargain before the year 2 spike.

popo85
09-28-2012, 06:07 PM
He wanted more than the minimum.

He should realize he won't get it at his age, China might be his best option.

Tysons_Beard
09-28-2012, 06:10 PM
bully ball lets go

Quinnsanity
09-28-2012, 06:12 PM
If only we had this team in 2004.

NYK4L
09-28-2012, 06:12 PM
He should realize he won't get it at his age, China might be his best option.

True, I can't blame him though, still would have loved to have him on the team.

lamzoka
09-28-2012, 06:25 PM

so do Kobe Bryant, Garnett, grant hill, ray allen, tim duncan... WHATS UR POINT?

bagwell368
09-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I love to have sheed back, he's awesome no matter where he plays i just love to have him back :)

He sucks.

Every season the league needs a team to underperform big time - may I present the obvious choice.

justinnum1
He sucks.

Every season the league needs a team to underperform big time - may I present the obvious choice.

lol

PleaseBeNice
Why? On both accounts. Why is he trying to come back, he's done. Also, why are the Knicks making these stupid moves?

Mile High Champ
09-28-2012, 07:25 PM

This is true of any team in the league. Nothing profound about this.

THE MTL
09-28-2012, 07:26 PM

U make no sense right now.

You are talking about injuries to backups? What about our starters.....you know Felton, Amare, Chandler?? DId u forget?

Basically what u just said is a problem for every team in the league......I will use the Nets as an example.
What happens if Watson gives hurt? evans? or even lopez?

smood999
09-28-2012, 07:29 PM
one of the dumbest, most pointless Knicks signings ever

deftonesrule
09-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Knicks roster is deeeeeeep.

Iron24th
09-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Curious to see how sheed looks after almost 3 years without playing

xxplayerxx23
09-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Way to make a big deal out of everything, Its a depth move. He won't be a major minutes guy.

Hawkeye15
09-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Please let us have a few hours of glee before you start AARPing our team. ;)
This was a good signing.

I literally spilled milk out of my nose when I read a Knicks fan say a month ago, "Our bench is so old it sweats dust".

Knicks21
09-28-2012, 08:15 PM
The Mavericks were old.

Mr Costanza
09-28-2012, 08:19 PM
I literally spilled milk out of my nose when I read a Knicks fan say a month ago, "Our bench is so old it sweats dust".

Lol!

LakersSaintsLSU
09-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Sheed!!

LakersSaintsLSU
09-28-2012, 08:51 PM

:yawn:

popo85
09-28-2012, 08:58 PM
True, I can't blame him though, still would have loved to have him on the team.

Same here with the Knicks being my 2nd favorite team it would of been a reunion with Melo and JR

Kashmir13579
09-29-2012, 02:18 AM
Just the characters on that Knicks team will be fun to watch.

I'm starting to agree.

Kashmir13579
09-29-2012, 02:25 AM

Douglas was even worse than Bibbs. We made significant upgrades this offseason. After having time to cool down from the JLin fiasco i've realized this. Like Jersey said, our spare parts are now better than the players we relied on last year.

Kashmir13579
09-29-2012, 02:35 AM
At the end of the day, the Knicks are back. BONNGGGGGGGGGggg

AI
09-29-2012, 03:02 AM
Look at it this way. We replaced Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan and Dan Gadzuric with Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace, what's the big deal? People love to hate.

ThunderousDemon
09-29-2012, 03:07 AM
Duh Nicks r buck! :dance:

Hawkeye15
09-29-2012, 03:11 AM
Douglas was even worse than Bibbs. We made significant upgrades this offseason. After having time to cool down from the JLin fiasco i've realized this. Like Jersey said, our spare parts are now better than the players we relied on last year.

You and I will discuss this at some point. I don't see the Knicks much better. But we are buddies, right?

Punk
09-29-2012, 03:52 AM
You and I will discuss this at some point. I don't see the Knicks much better. But we are buddies, right?

Sure, it's your opinion but if adding less turnover prone PGs after the knicks lead the league in PG turnovers, adding rebounding to a weak rebounding team, adding defensive pieces to a 5th effcient defense and adding veterans plus better depth isn't much better then I have no idea what to tell you.

Kashmir13579
09-29-2012, 04:06 AM
You and I will discuss this at some point. I don't see the Knicks much better.

Are you just talking about playoff seeding? If so than you're right that we won't be much better.

But if we're talking strictly roster personnel and depth i don't see what the discussion is.

Felton ----- Douglas
Brewer ----- Fields
Kidd ----- Bibby/Lin
Sheed ----- Jeffries
Camby ----- Harrelson
Thomas ----- Gadzuric/Jerome Jordan

Those are significant upgrades. Our bigs are old so Woody has to distribute minutes wisely, but he has the pieces to do so.

But we are buddies, right?

:love:

Kashmir13579
09-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Sure, it's your opinion but if adding less turnover prone PGs after the knicks lead the league in PG turnovers, adding rebounding to a weak rebounding team, adding defensive pieces to a 5th effcient defense and adding veterans plus better depth isn't much better then I have no idea what to tell you.

defense, defense, defense.

Our offense aint gonna be pretty by any stretch but if our defense is top 5, i'm not worried. And forget the turnovers, STABILITY is something we have at PG.

bootleg42
09-29-2012, 04:42 AM

Welcome to the world of Mr James Dolan (the owner of the Knicks).

James Dolan is the main reason the Knicks went from a beast in the East in the 90's, to the joke of the league in the 2000's. This is his M.O. The Knicks will never be successful as long as Dolan has hands on control of the team.

James Dolan is the worst owner in the NBA.

ZebraCity916
09-29-2012, 05:28 AM
Wow, this is crazy. I'm surprised.

I wouldn't mind seeing New York win it all this year, but it ain't happening. Poor Rasheed.

Davidgta1
09-29-2012, 05:59 AM
Shoulda went to the heat

Knicks21
09-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Welcome to the world of Mr James Dolan (the owner of the Knicks).

James Dolan is the main reason the Knicks went from a beast in the East in the 90's, to the joke of the league in the 2000's. This is his M.O. The Knicks will never be successful as long as Dolan has hands on control of the team.

James Dolan is the worst owner in the NBA.

I disagree, he may be bad but he isnt cheap.

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-29-2012, 07:56 AM

LOL, I love how u put a positive spin on anything the Knicks do. Lin's first season with no practice time did great on the fly. Constant line up changes and being a first time starter had a lot to do with it. WE made some good moves but don't downgrade what that kid did to try n prove a point. Funny how people forget that Felton had questionable decision making in his last stint with us.

justinnum1
09-29-2012, 08:20 AM
defense, defense, defense.

Our offense aint gonna be pretty by any stretch but if our defense is top 5, i'm not worried. And forget the turnovers, STABILITY is something we have at PG.

your defense was top 5 last season, no?

justinnum1
09-29-2012, 08:21 AM
I disagree, he may be bad but he isnt cheap.

what? Who said anything about cheap? Dolan is a bad owner, just because he spends money doesn't mean he is good.

Slimsim
09-29-2012, 08:33 AM
we are in win now mode we got 3 guys that know how to win in kidd sheed and tyson And if anyone is to set amare and melo straight its those guys

kobebabe
09-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Funny how all the aging and post injury prayers finish off their last bit of energy at MSG

Knicks21
09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
what? Who said anything about cheap? Dolan is a bad owner, just because he spends money doesn't mean he is good.

Im not saying that, it could be worse ie if he didnt spend money. But he does, unlike some owners in the nba.

xxplayerxx23
09-29-2012, 09:10 AM
:laugh: Dolan sucks, I agree but are you telling me signing Sheed is a big deal either way? :laugh2:

JayW_1023
09-29-2012, 09:41 AM
It's great to see this (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N65x6psEvhU/TajetMspTyI/AAAAAAAAAUM/mfWriecuk_A/s320/sheed.jpg) again. I never thought we would.

GiantsSwaGG
09-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Did DoMeFavors really say he'd take Jeffries over Camby?

Ciruam
09-29-2012, 10:41 AM
If Wallace signed anywhere else it's a good pickup, the Knicks sign him He's old Knicks are old blah blah blah smh. Let the season begin to Judge the Knicks as a whole TEAM Please.

tr3ymill3r
09-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Knicks 2012 roster
PG - Kidd/Iverson
SG - Marbury
SF - TMac
PF - Wallace
C - Camby

Quietmoney
09-29-2012, 11:05 AM

This is the best way you can put it :clap:
I love how people act as if since we've signed older players, that somehow Melo and Amare is just gonna vanish off the team.

Quietmoney
09-29-2012, 11:10 AM
I know one thing... Teams like the the Nets and other soft teams will get man handled by the Knicks resulting in a lot of wins. Nets are soft! You guys gonna get punked! I promise you!

omdigga
09-29-2012, 11:11 AM
now if we can just pry juwan howard away from miami.. maybe jerry stackhouse..

Quietmoney
09-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Are the Nets still waiting for Lopez to have his breakout year and become a top center in the league?? That Nets team is trash! Over hyping them for epic failure and let down. I'm from bk, and the only player on that team to me that could possibly represent them right is Wallace.

Quietmoney
09-29-2012, 11:15 AM
now if we can just pry juwan howard away from miami.. maybe jerry stackhouse..

You guys don't get it. Toughness and intimidation negates other teams talent or at least subdues it. You can ask Lebron about that. Boston used to punk him all the time, making him and all his talents that currently reside in south beach dissapear.

X12Celtics3
09-29-2012, 11:17 AM
If Wallace signed anywhere else it's a good pickup, the Knicks sign him He's old Knicks are old blah blah blah smh. Let the season begin to Judge the Knicks as a whole TEAM Please.

...uh, sure, whatever you say. I'm a Celtics fan, and Rasheed Wallace was absolutely awful on the team I cheer for- THREE SEASONS AGO. Three seasons ago, at the age of 35, he was old, washed up, and did nothing for the team but accumulate absurd amounts of technical fouls. He did have his one excellent playoff game, but a 38 year old Rasheed Wallace who hasn't been in the league for three years should be even worse than the sad shell of his former self that he was in Boston. So no, Wallace can't be assumed to be a "good pickup" by any team in the NBA, he still sucks until he proves otherwise.

MetsJets0809
09-29-2012, 11:34 AM
I love this move. I was too young to see the 90's team in their full stride, but my dad always tells me how tough they were. I see a similar toughness with this team. It's gonna be fun

TheNumber37
09-29-2012, 11:45 AM
These players are older, NOT OLD.
We need to remember that players can't play just a bit longer than did 10-15 years ago, this new medical technology is crazy yall.

Ciruam
09-29-2012, 11:54 AM
...uh, sure, whatever you say. I'm a Celtics fan, and Rasheed Wallace was absolutely awful on the team I cheer for- THREE SEASONS AGO. Three seasons ago, at the age of 35, he was old, washed up, and did nothing for the team but accumulate absurd amounts of technical fouls. He did have his one excellent playoff game, but a 38 year old Rasheed Wallace who hasn't been in the league for three years should be even worse than the sad shell of his former self that he was in Boston. So no, Wallace can't be assumed to be a "good pickup" by any team in the NBA, he still sucks UNTIL HE PROVES OTHERWISE . my point exactly wait till the season begins.

ewmania
09-29-2012, 11:55 AM
i don't sweat it... the same guys picked at miami heat for stacking up on old players

hmm i wonder how that turned out for the heat

AndyfromNeptune
09-29-2012, 11:59 AM
I wonder what the reaction would have been had the Heat gotten Sheed?

There is just an overall anti-Knicks sentiment sometimes on these boards.

AndyfromNeptune
09-29-2012, 12:00 PM
This signing will have very little impact on our team, but it just goes to show you that our team is thinking defense first.

AndyfromNeptune
09-29-2012, 12:00 PM
The Knicks will be a top defensive team in the league. Quote me on it.

knicks=love
09-29-2012, 12:11 PM
It's great to see this (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N65x6psEvhU/TajetMspTyI/AAAAAAAAAUM/mfWriecuk_A/s320/sheed.jpg) again. I never thought we would.

YESSSSSS! :jumpy:

DoMeFavors
09-29-2012, 12:21 PM
we are in win now mode we got 3 guys that know how to win in kidd sheed and tyson And if anyone is to set amare and melo straight its those guys

They might know how to win but def dont have the talent to win anymore, you still think Rasheed is the Rasheed we last saw or Kidd is the Kidd from Dallas title. They have both aged like 8 years in normal NBA time.

AI
09-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Did you not see Kidd in the playoffs last year?

11.5 PPG, 6.0 APG, 6 RPG, 35% 3p%

I'm sorry, but Kidd is not your normal old broken down PG. He knows how to play the game, stay healthy, there's a reason he still performs that way at his age. Plus, he'll be coming off the bench.

nystandup
09-29-2012, 12:30 PM
They might know how to win but def dont have the talent to win anymore, you still think Rasheed is the Rasheed we last saw or Kidd is the Kidd from Dallas title. They have both aged like 8 years in normal NBA time.

Your so insecure about the nets that you feel the need to put down the Knicks as much as possible. I hope you feel better about yourself.

DoMeFavors
09-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Your so insecure about the nets that you feel the need to put down the Knicks as much as possible. I hope you feel better about yourself.

How am I putting them down? All im saying is that Kidd and Rasheed are so old and dont have the talent they used to.

DoMeFavors
09-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Did you not see Kidd in the playoffs last year?

11.5 PPG, 6.0 APG, 6 RPG, 35% 3p%

I'm sorry, but Kidd is not your normal old broken down PG. He knows how to play the game, stay healthy, there's a reason he still performs that way at his age. Plus, he'll be coming off the bench.

Not 1 playoff win, he cant get to the free throw line and he will be YET another year older. Its not like we are talking about a 32 yr old turning 33 we are talking about a 39 yr old turning 40.

AI
09-29-2012, 12:53 PM
So I point out that he is still productive and your rebuttal is that he will be 1 year older and didn't win a playoff game last year? God you are such a child.

Jesse2272
09-29-2012, 01:23 PM

:speechless: WTF

Red Hot Rolllin
09-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Knicks close with Kidd no way they can trust Felton in big moments.

I think JR should start too...

Welcome back Sheed ... glad you are taking your game to the EAST coast

Weezy
09-29-2012, 02:48 PM
shhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddd

x2

YashBoone
09-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Lol, were us the logic in the way people think?

"Now Knicks are one or two injuries away from being in big trouble?"

Oh really?

And if Lebron goes down, Miami doesn't automatically drop from the too?

Think mother ****ers.... Think!!!!

"If Camby goes out then Rasheed has to fill in?"

What?
Camby is a backup. So if he goes down and minutes have to be split between Wallace and Thomas, if that?

xxplayerxx23
09-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Its a Depth move for god sakes. Sheed might get some burn at PF, who knows, lets see how he comes into camp.

smith&wesson
09-29-2012, 03:34 PM
i dont know what rasheed could really offer at this point...

Kashmir13579
09-29-2012, 04:04 PM
your defense was top 5 last season, no?

Top 10 anyway. it may be the overhaul of defensive specialists but something tells me the defense will improve this season.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Ben Wallace would make the Knicks a championship team. Add on Patrick Ewing and it's the best frontcourt of all time.

Evolution23
09-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Top 10 anyway. it may be the overhaul of defensive specialists but something tells me the defense will improve this season.

Knicks are top 5 in defensive efficiency

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false

Ill21
09-29-2012, 05:25 PM

You mean 4 of these players

D Blue987
09-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Of course he did. Knicks= 5 years too late signing of players. lol.

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Of course he did. Knicks= 5 years too late signing of players. lol.

Good one lmao:eyebrow:

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Before signing Wallace, the Knicks were the oldest team in the NBA with an average team age of 30.2. Second? Clippers at 28.5.

D Blue987
09-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Good one lmao:eyebrow:

haha. Dont be bitter. You know its true....That team will finish in the mid to lower seeds of the East and get eliminated in the first or second round. They need an in his prime superstar pg like CP3. We saw how good they can be when they had Lin playing his best ball last season until he sorta fell off at the end.

DoMeFavors
09-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Anyway if I was a Knick fan I would be happy I like older vet players and older team they are fun to watch and its nice to see players that used to be stars on your team. Rasheed, Camby, Kidd will make the Knicks an old school team that hopefully brings a rivaly back and some hard fouls. It will be fun to see.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Anyway if I was a Knick fan I would be happy I like older vet players and older team they are fun to watch and its nice to see players that used to be stars on your team. Rasheed, Camby, Kidd will make the Knicks an old school team that hopefully brings a rivaly back and some hard fouls. It will be fun to see.

Jason Kidd
Pablo Prigioni
Rasheed Wallace
Kurt Thomas
Marcus Camby

Ont he floor at the same time at one point during the season PLEASE. I would love to see an "old school team" against the Thunder.

CavsYanksDuke
09-29-2012, 06:39 PM
People need to do the math again. This team isn't THAT old.

rpgmaster86
09-29-2012, 06:54 PM
yea we are....stat, novak, white and chandler turn 30 this year and the only player under 25 on our roster is shumpert who's hurt

People need to do the math again. This team isn't THAT old.

Evolution23
09-29-2012, 09:16 PM
haha. Dont be bitter. You know its true....That team will finish in the mid to lower seeds of the East and get eliminated in the first or second round. They need an in his prime superstar pg like CP3. We saw how good they can be when they had Lin playing his best ball last season until he sorta fell off at the end.

Stop laying Knicks will finish 31st right behind the Giants and Yankees.