PDA

View Full Version : ESPNBoston: Jason Terry on mission to Kill the Miami Heat and LA Lakers

JordansBulls
09-28-2012, 12:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8425770/boston-celtics-jason-terry-mission-kill-miami-heat-los-angeles-lakers

Jason Terry, who hasn't even officially put on his No. 4 Boston Celtics jersey yet, has wasted no time in trying to endear himself with Boston fans, saying on Tuesday that his goal is to "kill" the Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers.

"My mission is to kill," Terry said at the team's annual golf tournament at The International. "Whoever that is, whether it's the Heat, whether it's the Lakers. Hopefully both. That's my mission and that's what I'm here to do.

"I'm very excited. Obviously another opportunity to win a championship. That's what it's all about. There's no other motive here but to go out there and win, and win it all."

AddiX
09-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Terrys just having fun, I'm cool w that.

And I'm excited to see what rondo and Terry backcourt look like.

sixer04fan
09-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Uh oh. Jason Terry is on a "mission" everyone. Look out. Boston is definitely winning it all now...

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 12:37 PM
I wonder why he didnt say OKC????

bdollhrt
09-28-2012, 12:38 PM
So his eyes are on the Lakers instead of the team that beat him last year? Shows you whos the real threat

bucketss
09-28-2012, 12:39 PM
he didn't single out just two teams, he said he was going to kill whoever whether its the heat or lakers but he hopes its both

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 12:41 PM
So his eyes are on the Lakers instead of the team that beat him last year? Shows you whos the real threat

On PSD it doesnt matter that the Lakers have Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Antwan Jamison, and Ron Artest. James Harden and Russel westbrook are the real threat.

Corey
09-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Asked how he felt about seeing time as the secondary point guard, Terry said, "Very comfortable. I started out as a starting point guard in this league and I've been able to do that and play it at a high level.

"Again, whatever the team needs me to do. If they need me to jump center, I can do that, too. I'm just excited, again, to be wearing Celtic green and to be a part of this organization, the franchise, the heritage. I'm ready to get going."

Love his attitude.

TylerSL
09-28-2012, 12:44 PM
thats the attitude he needs to have. I want to kill the Celitcs, and any of OKC, LAL, or SAS.

Ebbs
09-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I can't wait to hear the long time Boston fans opinions on him after he starts playing lol

Chronz
09-28-2012, 12:49 PM
On PSD it doesnt matter that the Lakers have Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Antwan Jamison, and Ron Artest. James Harden and Russel westbrook are the real threat.

Antawn and Artest arent any more threatening than much of OKC's roster but yes I get the gist here, Lakers are possibly the most underrated super power, if thats possible

Utd7
09-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Attaboy JET

Chronz
09-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Love his attitude.

Not that hes not genuine, because Im sure there is mostly truth in his words, but Jet has always struck me as a great talker, to the fans and the press, hes got that conviction that gets people on TV and I foresee a trip to the booth when his career is all said and done.

bucketss
09-28-2012, 01:00 PM

Bahahahah i like how you conveniently leave out arguably the best basketball player in the world

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Antawn and Artest arent any more threatening than much of OKC's roster but yes I get the gist here, Lakers are possibly the most underrated super power, if thats possible

Jamison coming off the bench is huge. Artest will shine just being in that starting lineup. If his 3 point shot is close to what it was in sac, he's a major threat. He's in the best shape of his life right now. But we do have to play these games. Call me a homer (like many of you do) but OKC didnt really dominate us in the playoffs. Except one game i think. I think the HUGE upgrade and point guard, the drastic upgrade (defensively) at center, and the major 6th man upgrade put the Lakers past OKC since they made no moves in the offseason. If OKC had traded Harden, Perkins, and whoever for Howard, they would be the clear cut favorites, even over the heat. (Hypothetical of course)

Vincent33
09-28-2012, 01:02 PM

He's playing it smart with the Boston fans and endearing himself quickly with this attitude. They are our main rivals now with the Heat and forever with the Lakers. I like it.

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Bahahahah i like how you conveniently leave out arguably the best basketball player in the world

lol. I was gonna add KD in parenthisis, but he is who im afraid of. Im not afraid as a lakers fan of Westbrook. I think he has a problem with Dishing to KD at times like he wants to compete to be the number one option on that team. Im not afraid of Harden because he dissapeard in the finals and he is afraid of Ron. But I left out KD on purpose.

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 01:05 PM
He's playing it smart with the Boston fans and endearing himself quickly with this attitude. They are our main rivals now with the Heat and forever with the Lakers. I like it.

This makes sense. Didnt even think about it like that.

Doc Holliday
09-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Love his attitude.

When did Terry ever play PG at a high level? :confused:

Doc Holliday
09-28-2012, 01:12 PM

The Lakers' fans don't consider anyone their rival that's a media thing. The Celtics had most of their success in the non-shotclock era while Los Angeles withstood the test of time.

Big Zo
09-28-2012, 01:17 PM
He can kill himself. :)

Corey
09-28-2012, 01:18 PM

Played quite a bit of point guard with Atlanta. Started at point guard for Dallas when they lost to Miami in the finals in 06.

:shrug:

I'd say he's quite competent as a ballhandler, especially in a reserve roll.

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 01:21 PM
The Lakers' fans don't consider anyone their rival that's a media thing. The Celtics had most of their success in the non-shotclock era while Los Angeles withstood the test of time.

Im a huge Lakers fan and I hate the Kings and Celtics almost equal. Every other team is whatever to me

The goods
09-28-2012, 01:26 PM

Uhhhh nooooo he said Kobe. Lol
But seriously I noticed that to I was like where's Durant?

bagwell368
09-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Jamison coming off the bench is huge.

Jamison is 36.5 years old... He's been a scrub since 2008-2009... please.

Artest will shine just being in that starting lineup.

He peaked out in '03-'04.

Best case they meet the minimum requirements for their role plus a little something, and stay healthy. Anything more than that for both? Not likely.

Nash is hanging by a couple of threads as well - 39 in Feb? When did he last play D? '07-'08 I believe..

Kobe is tumbling down since 2008-2009 as well. If he shares the load he may be fresher and play better. If he has to be the man yet again.....

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Jamison is 36.5 years old... He's been a scrub since 2008-2009... please.

He peaked out in '03-'04.

Best case they meet the minimum requirements for their role plus a little something, and stay healthy. Anything more than that for both? Not likely.

Nash is hanging by a couple of threads as well - 39 in Feb? When did he last play D? '07-'08 I believe..

Kobe is tumbling down since 2008-2009 as well. If he shares the load he may be fresher and play better. If he has to be the man yet again.....

All wishfull thinking pal. I guess you didnt see them play last year.

bagwell368
09-28-2012, 01:30 PM

Gee, thanks for bringing that up!!!!

Let's strip those 5 Minny titles right off your count. The Celtics lose zero titles.

So Boston vs LA is 17 > 11.

:)

Slug3
09-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Should have said he wanted to hug and hold hands with them.

Doc Holliday
09-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Played quite a bit of point guard with Atlanta. Started at point guard for Dallas when they lost to Miami in the finals in 06.

He calls it high level, you call his ball handling competent. There's more to playing PG than handling the ball competently. You and Terry are made for each other. :laugh:

SteBO
09-28-2012, 01:41 PM
The guy is a pest to go up against, but he has true swagger if you ask me. Nothing wrong with his attitude here.

Htownballa1622
09-28-2012, 02:10 PM
There's only one person i despise more than jet and that's kg.

two ******* belonging together.

i don't care WHO they lose to but i hope celtics get bounced by la,okc,sas,miami.

sorry celts fans.

ZHawk1123
09-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Jamison coming off the bench is huge. Artest will shine just being in that starting lineup. If his 3 point shot is close to what it was in sac, he's a major threat. He's in the best shape of his life right now. But we do have to play these games. Call me a homer (like many of you do) but OKC didnt really dominate us in the playoffs. Except one game i think. I think the HUGE upgrade and point guard, the drastic upgrade (defensively) at center, and the major 6th man upgrade put the Lakers past OKC since they made no moves in the offseason. If OKC had traded Harden, Perkins, and whoever for Howard, they would be the clear cut favorites, even over the heat. (Hypothetical of course)

Jamison actually isn't huge. He's like 6'9.

Doc Holliday
09-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Gee, thanks for bringing that up!!!!

Let's strip those 5 Minny titles right off your count. The Celtics lose zero titles.

So Boston vs LA is 17 > 11.

:)

Your reading comprehension is amazing. Way to be mad and insecure, bro.

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Jamison actually isn't huge. He's like 6'9.

Ok cool......

Corey
09-28-2012, 02:56 PM
He calls it high level, you call his ball handling competent. There's more to playing PG than handling the ball competently. You and Terry are made for each other. :laugh:

Being the starting point guard in the NBA for a team that got to the finals isn't playing at a high level? :rolleyes:

Interesting.

In a reserve roll, I dont know how many guys I'd take over Terry.

Doc Holliday
09-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Being the starting point guard in the NBA for a team that got to the finals isn't playing at a high level? :rolleyes:

Interesting.

I like how you sidestepped my post. The Lakers haven't had a high level PG since Magic and won 5 titles in that span. You're embarrassing yourself, bro.

D-Leethal
09-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Too many people sleeping on the C's this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish with the #1 seed in the East.

SteBO
09-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Too many people sleeping on the C's this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish with the #1 seed in the East.
They aren't going to go all out for it though. I can't really speak for every Miami fan, but I know how dangerous Boston is. They've built a really well-rounded team up there. I like their versatilty at the guard positions and on the wings in general.

kdspurman
09-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I must say as a Spurs fan, it really surprises me to see Terry running his mouth.

Corey
09-28-2012, 03:19 PM

Interesting.

I like how you sidestepped my post. The Lakers haven't had a high level PG since Magic and won 5 titles in that span. You're embarrassing yourself, bro.

Didn't side step anything.

Terry was the primary ballhandler for the Mavericks team that lost to the Heat in the finals, I'd say that proves he has played point at a high level in the past.

As a reserve, I'd say he's probably in the top 5 at his craft.

That's a pretty high level.

Sorry you cant see that.

Lake_Show2416
09-28-2012, 04:24 PM
He's a good backup

RaiderLakersA's
09-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Jason who?

Showtime Steve
09-28-2012, 07:18 PM
*OKC hangs this in their locker room*

C-Style
09-28-2012, 11:44 PM

Lakers & Heat are the most hyped

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Lakers & Heat are the most hyped

Naw, the best

Losoway
09-29-2012, 12:44 AM
he should be worried about himself and scoring smh

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 03:44 PM
JET doesn't have the artillery to kill either team.

Ebbs
09-29-2012, 03:45 PM
JET doesn't have the artillery to kill either team.

I'm not his biggest fan but when he's hot he's hot. Ask the 2011 Lakers and 2011 Heat... He feasted against bigger defenders who were supposed to be better ball players.

TheJesus
09-29-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm not his biggest fan but when he's hot he's hot. Ask the 2011 Lakers and 2011 Heat... He feasted against bigger defenders who were supposed to be better ball players.

I honestly don't care. He's a bench player talking a big game. There's no place for that. Keep your mouth shut JET you couldn't have enough of an impact to "kill" either team.

Ebbs
09-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I honestly don't care. He's a bench player talking a big game. There's no place for that. Keep your mouth shut JET you couldn't have enough of an impact to "kill" either team.

Well you're wrong than. Bench player who plays 30+ minutes. Why is there no room for that? Celtics are obviously ok with players talking **** look at Rondo and KG. You said you don't care but you fail to acknowledge he does have the tools to bury a team any given night. (Although it could be his own team.)

dh144498
10-01-2012, 04:02 PM
2013 ECF prediction:

Celtics vs Heat
Rondo 16 Asg :cool:
Jason terry 18ppg in the series
Lebron James 17 ppg in the series

Celtics in 6.

xxcubs22xx
10-02-2012, 02:12 AM

This. lmao.

Awww, look at the Jet. How cute.

Hawkeye15
10-02-2012, 03:11 AM
I ****ing hate Terry. Have since he was in college. That being said, he put the championship trophy on his body the year he won it.

MonroeFAN
10-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Why is everyone on Boston talking about killing people?

superior
10-02-2012, 08:37 AM
terry not even top 5 players on that team..... why is he runnin his mouth?

ZHawk1123
10-02-2012, 09:11 AM
He's passionate about the game and helping his team win in whatever way possible... Why are you people getting so hung up on him saying this?

He wants to help beat his teams rivals, hes such a jerk.

Odominator
10-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Isn't this a terrorist threat?

Corey
10-02-2012, 10:34 AM

This. lmao.

Awww, look at the Jet. How cute.
:eyebrow:

Nycbball08
10-02-2012, 11:00 AM

Oh.. Maybe cause the Lakers go much better, not taking anything away from the Thunder..

Laker Legend42
10-02-2012, 11:25 AM
I really like Jason terry. This should be his goal. Most guys shoot straight to championship. Terry is talking about eliminating the competition. Wether it happens or not that's a different story.if I'm a Celtic fan I like it. At least he's not belly aching about how things ended in dallas. Terry isn't the shooter that ray ray is but he's much more of a fighter

Knicks21
10-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Both Darko and the JET on mission to kill, things have really gotten serious in boston.

JordansBulls
10-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Boston and Miami round 1 as a 4th and 5th seed matchup.:)

Stinkyoutsider
10-04-2012, 12:41 PM
I like Terry's attitude. Every player should look to destroy the competiton.

JordansBulls
10-04-2012, 09:42 PM
I like Terry's attitude. Every player should look to destroy the competiton.

Well that is impossible. You look to destroy teams that have beaten you in the past.