PDA

View Full Version : Bell Seeks Buy Out; Hope To Join Heat

JasonJohnHorn
09-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Raja Bell STILL doesn't want to play for the Jazz, and is working on a buy-out with the team (though from these reports it sounds like things are at a stalemate at this point). His preferred destination? Miami! Surpirse. I'm not a big fan of the way he has handled himself in Utah, though I have been a fan on his work on the court over the years. He can defend and shoot the three-ball, though I'm not sure Miami needs any more SGs at this point. There are other potential destinations for him though (LAL is another obvious choice, though LAC might be even better).

Thoughts? Where would you like to see him end up if he finally gets a buy-out from Utah?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/24/raja-bell-would-play-for-the-heat-if-jazz-buy-him-out/

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/heat-blog/sfl-miami-heat-raja-bell-s092112,0,2947946.story?track=rss

DoMeFavors
09-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Good I hope he joins us with the HEAT

Hawkeye15
09-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Raja Bell is not much of a player anymore. He would be way down the depth chart due to not being able to shoot, and would be used only as a defender in certain situations.

Raidaz4Life
09-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Does it matter? He isn't going to get minutes anywhere he goes. Lakers, Heat, and Clippers really don't need him playing substantial minutes in their rotations.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 07:44 PM

Are you a Nets fan or a Heat fan? :eyebrow:

#bandwaggoner

DoMeFavors
09-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Raja Bell is not much of a player anymore. He would be way down the depth chart due to not being able to shoot, and would be used only as a defender in certain situations.

Miami Heat could use some toughness when people start picking fights with LeBron and Wade for no reason like Granger.
Pittman sucks so its not loss its only a gain.

Bruno
if he doesn't want to play for the Jazz, he shouldn't have taken their generous multi year contract. he's been a brat since day one in this league. few things in the NBA realm would make me happier than seeing him lose with miami.

Punk
The Clippers are more realistic.

So, now you are a Heat fan?...How are you not banned yet? Wow.

Hawkeye15
09-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Miami Heat could use some toughness when people start picking fights with LeBron and Wade for no reason like Granger.
Pittman sucks so its not loss its only a gain.

This isn't the old NBA though. Its a sissy version of it. You don't need a "tough guy" anymore.

Besides, how did that Granger attempt to get inside Bron's head workout for the Pacers?

DoMeFavors
09-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Are you a Nets fan or a Heat fan? :eyebrow:

#bandwaggoner

Im a Net fan but I respect the HEAT so much. Before Nets were a title contender like they are now I rooted for the Heat in the playoffs because I wanted to see the players win a championship and their fans deserve it. Miami Heat fans are some of the most humble fans there are, if any other team got those 3 players they would be talking nonstop. Miami fans are respectful and I love them.
Nets and Heat all day untill they play each other.

Hawkeye15
if he doesn't want to play for the Jazz, he shouldn't have taken their generous multi year contract. he's been a brat since day one in this league. few things in the NBA realm would make me happier than seeing him lose with miami.

Maybe he will sign with the Lakers....

Raidaz4Life
The Clippers are more realistic.

So, now you are a Heat fan?...How are you not banned yet? Wow.

D12 fan and DMF should duke it out for biggest bandwagon fan.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Im a Net fan but I respect the HEAT so much. Before Nets were a title contender like they are now I rooted for the Heat in the playoffs because I wanted to see the players win a championship and their fans deserve it. Miami Heat fans are some of the most humble fans there are, if any other team got those 3 players they would be talking nonstop. Miami fans are respectful and I love them.

:speechless:

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Maybe he will sign with the Lakers....

I hope not. He had his chance 2 yrs ago when KB sent out a private jet to recruit him, and he gave Mamba and the Lakeshow a big FU!

DoMeFavors
09-27-2012, 07:49 PM
:speechless:

Lakers fans are up there with the meanest fans on here.

Hawkeye15
09-27-2012, 07:50 PM
I hope not. He had his chance 2 yrs ago when KB sent out a private jet to recruit him, and he gave Mamba and the Lakeshow a big FU!

I was taking a shot at Bruno..

dude, no way in hell Kobe would allow the Lakers front office to even bring him in for a visit haha.

JasonJohnHorn
09-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Before Nets were a title contender like they are now

:laugh:

DoMeFavors
09-27-2012, 07:53 PM

dude, no way in hell Kobe would allow the Lakers front office to even bring him in for a visit haha.

Kobe got really scared everytime he saw Houston,Orlando,Suns teams coming up against Lakers thats why he tried to get Matt Barnes,Ron Artest, and Bell and got 2 of them. He hated when players got in his face.

Punk
09-27-2012, 07:53 PM
This isn't the old NBA though. Its a sissy version of it. You don't need a "tough guy" anymore.

Besides, how did that Granger attempt to get inside Bron's head workout for the Pacers?

Granger is a joke. Nobody takes him seriously, so LeBron didn't. Guys like Garnett, Stevenson, Artest, Barnes, Evans, Perkins are the ones who know how to get in your head.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Lakers fans are up there with the meanest fans on here.

I agree, some are just terrible. I wouldn't even regard them as Laker fans.

I know many Laker fans have gone :crazy: because of the team's success over the decades that has gone to their heads, but most of us are passionate, knowledgeable, die-hard and respectful Laker fans.

And I'm sure some Heat fans are classy and respectful as well. Just haven't seen many on PSD besides the likes of SteBO and oh so sexy justinuum1.

shep33
09-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Meh. They don't need him at all. Wade and Ray Ray are going to eat up all the minutes there. Miller might gets some run at the 2 as well

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Kobe got really scared everytime he saw Houston,Orlando,Suns teams coming up against Lakers thats why he tried to get Matt Barnes,Ron Artest, and Bell and got 2 of them. He hated when players got in his face.

Black Mamba don't get scared. And only the greats recruit guys who've messed with him.

Would you say MJ was scared of Rodman (from the Bulls-BadBoyPistons days) that he would go on and recruit the Worm for the 2nd 3-peat?

I think not!

JasonJohnHorn
09-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Granger is a joke. Nobody takes him seriously, so LeBron didn't. Guys like Garnett, Stevenson, Artest, Barnes, Evans, Perkins are the ones who know how to get in your head.

Artest? He's more like one of the guys whose head you can get into. I don't think he gets into other people's heads, he just punches them or elbows them.

I think Granger was getting on LBJ's skin. I liked his intensity. He obvioulsy isn't anywhere near where LBJ is in terms of basketball, but it's good to see a guy whose heart is in it.

Hawkeye15

While the post itself is whatever, what you are saying is sorta kinda right. Kobe does not like physical play, and at times turned into a little drama queen over it. Which is why I always wonder how he would have looked back in the 80-90's. I think he would have adapted, but its food for thought.

DoMeFavors
Black Mamba don't get scared. And only the greats recruit guys who've messed with him.

Would you say MJ was scared of Rodman (from the Bulls-BadBoyPistons days) that he would go on and recruit the Worm for the 2nd 3-peat?

I think not!

Yes I do think both felt a little scared or angry when playing them thats why they wanted them on their team. It only makes sense. Why would they want them on their team?

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes I do think both felt a little scared or angry when playing them thats why they wanted them on their team. It only makes sense. Why would they want them on their team?

You can always turn around the question.

Why did Worm want to join His Airness?

Why did World War want to join Mamba?

It's respect, plain and simple. You go where the jewelry is.

DoMeFavors
09-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Artest? He's more like one of the guys whose head you can get into. I don't think he gets into other people's heads, he just punches them or elbows them.

I think Granger was getting on LBJ's skin. I liked his intensity. He obvioulsy isn't anywhere near where LBJ is in terms of basketball, but it's good to see a guy whose heart is in it.

Granger is weak and it was funny how he thought he looked tough, he just wanted people to talk about him. He would just start yelling at LeBron in his face for no reason and if it was on the street he wouldnt.
Granger is the type that he talks a lot of stuff when he has people holding him back but as soon as they walk away he is nothing.
I dont like him

rocket
09-27-2012, 08:02 PM

God I hate you

DoMeFavors
09-27-2012, 08:05 PM
You can always turn around the question.

Why did World War want to join Mamba?

It's respect, plain and simple. You go where the jewelry is.

They are on the team because KOBE wanted them on his team, if he didnt care at all about their physical play he wouldnt want them on his team. Obviously something made him want those guys on his team, he didnt want to play them anymore.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 08:06 PM
They are on the team because KOBE wanted them on his team, if he didnt care at all about their physical play he wouldnt want them on his team. Obviously something made him want those guys on his team, he didnt want to play them anymore.

Maybe he was enamored by the size of their dicks? :confused:

beasted86
09-27-2012, 08:06 PM

His stats from last season say otherwise.

Anyway he's not needed on the HEAT. At his age, I don't see many contenders having interest either.

DoMeFavors
09-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Maybe he was enamored by the size of their dicks? :confused:

Its nothing personal towards Kobe or anyone he would much rather not be bugging him anymore and other guys that bug Kobe will be intimidated by Barnes and Artest.

Hawkeye15
09-27-2012, 08:12 PM
His stats from last season say otherwise.

Anyway he's not needed on the HEAT. At his age, I don't see many contenders having interest either.

I meant in relation to Ray Allen, the guy he will need to push for minutes. He has always been a + three point shooter, but I just don't see a need or a fit for Miami.

Shlumpledink
09-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Raja whined about not getting more playing time in utah. What makes him think he'll get more playing time in miami? He would basically be a victory cigar for them.

PleaseBeNice
09-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Hope he retires

SteBO
09-27-2012, 08:27 PM
I would've loved him here a couple of years ago.....now? Nah.

Gram
09-27-2012, 08:29 PM

The Nets aren't contenders.

Avenged
09-27-2012, 08:31 PM
This guys game can rot with the Jazz. Seeking buy-out? Please.. He chose the Jazz over the Lakers a few seasons ago. Good choice, Raja-who.

DoMeFavors
09-27-2012, 08:32 PM
The Nets aren't contenders.

Says you?

SteBO
09-27-2012, 08:32 PM
This guys game can rot with the Jazz. Seeking buy-out? Please.. He chose the Jazz over the Lakers a few seasons ago. Good choice, Raja-who.
Lol he "hates" Kobe with a passion to this day probably. That's why I can't see him with the Lakers either. He should just retire.

meloman1592
09-27-2012, 08:36 PM

1st, idk where you find these humble heat fans. I haven't seen em. Secondly, who declared the nets a title contender? You?

JasonJohnHorn
09-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Says you?

says me too... and Avery Johnson, THEIR COACH!

One step at a time please. From the lottery to the playoffs... I mean honestly, has any team in the NBA every been in the lottery one year, and then won the title the next?

JasonJohnHorn
09-27-2012, 08:42 PM

Rodman didn't sign with Chicago... he was traded there. It's not that he wanted to play with Jordan, it's just that is where he was traded to.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 08:44 PM

One step at a time please. From the lottery to the playoffs... I mean honestly, has any team in the NBA every been in the lottery one year, and then won the title the next?

2008 Boston Celtics

Mr Costanza
09-27-2012, 08:46 PM

He actually makes good posts and has a lot of basketball knowledge. When it comes to the nets though, all bets are off.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Rodman didn't sign with Chicago... he was traded there. It's not that he wanted to play with Jordan, it's just that is where he was traded to.

Yes, but despite Rodman and Scottie not liking each other, it was Phil and MJ who gave Krause their blessings to go and acquire him.

DoMeFavors
09-27-2012, 08:49 PM
2008 boston celtics

yep

JasonJohnHorn
09-27-2012, 08:52 PM
2008 Boston Celtics

True.. but the Nets don't exactly have Paul Pierce, nor have they added any players as good as Ray Allen or Kevin Garnett!

29$JerZ
09-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Another player that has fallen off.
HEAT have no need for a SG however. They really could use another big body.

DoMeFavors
09-27-2012, 08:54 PM
True.. but the Nets don't exactly have Paul Pierce, nor have they added any players as good as Ray Allen or Kevin Garnett!

Celtics got these type of excuses also like KG and Ray are too old. Rondo isnt a PG, Perkins isnt a center on a playoff team. But they won the championship.

Hey we will see

ThunderousDemon
09-27-2012, 09:09 PM

Trolololololol :laugh:

Hotone1401
09-27-2012, 10:31 PM
All this tells me is that Kobe is going to abuse Raja Bell in a Heat uniform? :eyebrow:

Losoway
09-27-2012, 10:46 PM
us miami fans are very humble. we have the best team

if we get bell it would be great

Mr. LA
09-27-2012, 10:59 PM
hmmm

Mr. LA
09-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Why do Heat keep signing players that play the 2, 3, or 4 when they have total garbage and the two most important positions? the 1 and the 5...I get they won the title and what they did worked but cmon already... Wade, Battier, James, Jones, Miller, Haslem, Bosh, now Bell? etc... Who do they have at point and center? Chalmers, Pittman, Cole, ???? I don't get it... but whatever floats their boat!

Mr. LA
09-27-2012, 11:04 PM
us miami fans are very humble. we have the best team

if we get bell it would be great

:facepalm:

Mr. LA
09-27-2012, 11:10 PM

Why not? Didn't Metta World Peace get in Kobe's face and give him a "I'll choke you out signal"? Didn't Matt Barnes pretend like he was going to throw the ball in Kobe's face and constantly get in Bryant's face? Kobe invited them too the team and I'm sure he'd welcome Bell...Another one....Didn't Bryant hate Steve Nash for years???

Corey
09-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Why do Heat keep signing players that play the 2, 3, or 4 when they have total garbage and the two most important positions? the 1 and the 5...I get they won the title and what they did worked but cmon already... Wade, Battier, James, Jones, Miller, Haslem, Bosh, now Bell? etc... Who do they have at point and center? Chalmers, Pittman, Cole, ???? I don't get it... but whatever floats their boat!
Chalmers is a quality starting point guard for that team. They dont need an all-star at the 1 with Wade and Lebron doing so much ballhandling.

Bosh is going to be playing a lot of center this year.

So..?

kobe4thewinbang
09-28-2012, 12:50 AM
Why did Phoenix trade him in the first place?

Mr. LA
09-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Chalmers is a quality starting point guard for that team. They dont need an all-star at the 1 with Wade and Lebron doing so much ballhandling.

Bosh is going to be playing a lot of center this year.

So..?

I guess but where's the depth at point guard? Bosh can guard Bynum or Howard? or even guys like Al Jefferson, Joakim Noah, or even someone like Brook Lopez??? and after Bosh is who?? Theirs nothing wrong with adding Bell but why waste a roster spot when you should be adding Kenyon Martin or even bring Shaq back lol jk but someone like that Jermaine Oneal maybe?

amos1er
09-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Bell is washed up.

dhopisthename
09-28-2012, 01:40 AM
lol bell could have been bought out by now, but he couldn't even get a garunteed contract so he wants to have his whole salary cut which doesn't do anything for the jazz

PacersForLife
09-28-2012, 01:40 AM

:facepalm: