PDA

View Full Version : Wolves ReDraft Playoffs: #3 Referees vs. #2 Akrons

AP=MVP
09-27-2012, 03:00 PM
This redraft was a 16-team redraft conducted in the Timberwolves forum. Please read the write-ups and vote objectively. Only posters with 100 or more posts will have their votes counted.

Akron has home-court advantage in 7 game series.

Akron:
PG: Stephen Curry/George Hill
SG: James Harden/Gerald Henderson
SF: Lebron James/Richard Jefferson
PF: Zach Randolph/Marcus Camby
C: Brook Lopez/Kendrick Perkins/Chris Kaman

Replacement Referees:
PG: Steve Nash - Ricky Rubio
SG: Tony Allen - Kevin Martin
SF: Arron Afflalo - Tayshaun Prince - James Jones
PF: Andrea Bargnani - Ersan Ilyasova - DeJuan Blair
C: Dwight Howard - Nikola Vucevic - DeJuan Blair

iliketurtles24
09-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Akron, i cant vote against bron.

AP=MVP
09-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Dwight would just kill Lopez, Tony Allen and AAA could atleast annoy LBJ and Harden, and Dwight could be waiting at rim. Nash/Rubio would abuse Curry too

pebloemer
09-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Akron looks excellent offensively, but not defensively. LeBron is a beast, but I think the Referees could slow him enough to squeeze out a win here. Howard, Nash, Martin and Bargnani offensively (and if Howard is doubled, they'll get killed on the perimeter), to go with great defense from Tony Allen, Afflalo and Howard. Good depth with Ilyasova, Rubio, Prince, Blair. They just have better balance.

The offensive firepower from Akron could overcome still, but I'll take the better defensive squad in this one.

Killerjug
09-27-2012, 03:30 PM
ya im going refs. They can slow down lebron while dwight will be feasting on Mr. Lopez

xxplayerxx23
09-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Give me Refs. No write up for either, and neither were better then my team :sigh: Im still bitter. ;p

Killerjug
09-27-2012, 04:06 PM
yes they were better lol

xxplayerxx23
09-27-2012, 04:11 PM
*throws KJ Out*

Ebbs
09-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Bron has way to much talent around him to lose to this Dwight team.

Ebbs
09-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Perkins is behind Brook. . . They have some bigs to bang. They also have Camby and Kaman that's a lot of bodies to throw at Dwight

unleashthebeast
09-27-2012, 07:47 PM
I see my defensive wings having a much better chance of slowing down Bron than he has bigs to slow down Dwight, that really is the key in this game. Oh, and the fact that Curry covering Nash would be a field day for Nash on the offensive end.

Sportfan
09-27-2012, 07:53 PM
This is the stupidest game I've ever seen in my life, like what kind of ****ed up teams is this? K Mart, Rubio, Perk, Ily on benches? This should be illegal

I am voting replacement refs in protest!

unleashthebeast
09-27-2012, 07:56 PM
I traded my 3rd round pick to get a ton of depth haha, but yeah my bench alone could beat a few real life teams.

jakub
09-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Akron is superior to the Refs.. How are they losing this..

JNA17
09-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Now THIS is a close one.

But I give the edge to the refs. They got Howard on defense and like someone else said if he gets doubled, he's got many options on the perimeter to shoot the open shot and make it consistently. Plus Nash handling the ball is a plus.

AP=MVP
09-28-2012, 11:01 AM
1-vote difference in this matchup, lets get some more votes

Ebbs
09-28-2012, 11:31 AM
People underating the Bron. Aflalo is not doing more to Slow LBJ than the 4 centers who can all play chippy with Dwight Will

Killerjug
09-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Kaman and Lopez would not play chippy against him I'll give you Perk and Camby but not the other two

GREATNESS ONE
09-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Alley-oop !!

unleashthebeast
09-28-2012, 05:48 PM
We need more votes!

Haven't seen much of an argument against my team other than "they have bron"

KnicksorBust
09-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Dwight team screwed up. Rubio on the bench? What a waste. I looked over their draft board. They could have had Joe Johnson or Al Horford + Nash paired with Nash. They could have taken Faried or Brand to provide them elite protection around the rim. I would much rather of seen a Rubio-JoeJohnson-SF-Horford-Dwight lineup than this one.

Afflalo's ability to D up LeBron is also getting disgustingly overrated here.

Mr.Nate30
09-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Just so people know i Perk and Camby would get all the minutes against Dwight while Lopez plays when hes off and some minutes at PF. I think Perk and Camby would slow down Dwight enough for my superior offense to pull through.

unleashthebeast
09-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Dwight team screwed up. Rubio on the bench? What a waste. I looked over their draft board. They could have had Joe Johnson or Al Horford + Nash paired with Nash. They could have taken Faried or Brand to provide them elite protection around the rim. I would much rather of seen a Rubio-JoeJohnson-SF-Horford-Dwight lineup than this one.

Afflalo's ability to D up LeBron is also getting disgustingly overrated here.

Obviously hindsight is 20-20. At the time I took Luol Deng and decided to trade him to get the best depth in the redraft.

And TA would see time on LeBron as well. The 2 of them would certainly cause him problems, with Dwight in the post as well putting most of his focus on LeBron since Perkins and Camby aren't offensive threats.

Eagles4Lyfe
09-29-2012, 01:17 PM
This is the stupidest game I've ever seen in my life, like what kind of ****ed up teams is this? K Mart, Rubio, Perk, Ily on benches? This should be illegal

I am voting replacement refs in protest!

I said the same thing in another thread. There is a team that literally has a starting lineup on their bench that is also contender worthy.

unleashthebeast
09-29-2012, 02:22 PM
I guess the LeBron effect was at full force in this matchup :sigh:

JordansBulls
09-29-2012, 02:33 PM
I'll take the Replacement Referees. Dwight was one of the only players to beat Lebron when Lebron had a similar team.