PDA

View Full Version : What type of player would you rather have to finish a game out?

el hidalgo
09-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Would you rather have one with a clutch reputation that is definitely going to take the last shot, or one that will take the last shot if open or distribute it if it isn't open?

JNoel
09-27-2012, 02:48 PM
I would rather have Lebron than Kobe with the ball in clutch which is what your asking.

lilchuckdoubles
09-27-2012, 02:54 PM
i want the guy whose going to win the game for you. everyone nowadays either wants to take the last shot and will force it, or almost seem like they don't even want to be apart of the play. the legends like bird, mj would do anything to win, get a steal, pass, score it didn't matter. all that mattered was winning.

LongIslandIcedZ
09-27-2012, 04:24 PM
I'd want Melo to take the last shot.

I'd want Lebron to do everything until the final 3 seconds.

Melo's last second shooting is very good. Lebron is amazing at just about everything, except perhaps, for last second shooting.

Pretty sure this thread is taking a shot at Kobe though.

bucketss
09-27-2012, 04:32 PM
it's definitely taking a shot at kobe.

Cal827
09-27-2012, 05:08 PM
100% sure this thread is taking a shot at Kobe.

seikou8
09-27-2012, 05:16 PM
ma this is your 5 thread taking a shot at kobe

nickdymez
09-27-2012, 05:20 PM
I'll take the guy thats won 5 championships over the guy that barely won one.

bucketss
09-27-2012, 05:28 PM
^ lebrons #1 hater right on cue.

MackSnackWrap
09-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Give me Melo, Kobe, Pierce, Chris Paul in that order for the last shot

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-27-2012, 05:37 PM
The best kinds!

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 05:40 PM
el hidalgo :pity:

seikou8
09-27-2012, 05:45 PM
I'll take the guy thats won 5 championships over the guy that barely won one.

this argument is funny it makes me laugh the help kobe has had compared to lebton is laughable i take kobe over lebron on last second play but using the ring argument is dumb

nickdymez
09-27-2012, 05:56 PM
^ lebrons #1 hater right on cue.

lmao. But its ok for this guy to continue to make Kobe hate threads.. You Lebronies are ridiculous

bucketss
09-27-2012, 06:02 PM
who said it was ok, clearly people are calling him out on his gimmick.

nickdymez
09-27-2012, 06:05 PM
who said it was ok, clearly people are calling him out on his gimmick.

Ok cool, because obviously was being sarcastic. Stop worrying about me hating Lebron. I dont hate Lebron. If I hate Lebron, you hate Kobe.

Cal827
09-27-2012, 06:05 PM
I wanna see an All-Anti-Lebron Team vs an All-Anti-Kobe Team :D

10Elliott
09-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Yep, lol, also i want to see it.

Kashmir13579
09-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Someone just ban this goon?

bucketss
09-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Ok cool, because obviously was being sarcastic. Stop worrying about me hating Lebron. I dont hate Lebron. If I hate Lebron, you hate Kobe.

i actually love kobe.

bucketss
09-27-2012, 06:18 PM

anti - kobe

hawkeye
andrew
3rdasystem

vs

nyckdymez
brklynknknicks3
Amos1er

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Someone just ban this goon?

Or better yet, deport him.

amos1er
09-27-2012, 06:23 PM
lmao. But its ok for this guy to continue to make Kobe hate threads.. You Lebronies are ridiculous

lol...I call them Lebronites.

Ya, this guy El Hildago is pretty ridiculous.

In before lock.:D

bucketss
09-27-2012, 06:26 PM
how could i forget you!

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Why are you kids fighting amongst yourselves? This is exactly what OP wants. :facepalm:

JNoel
09-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Or better yet, deport him.

:laugh2:

JNoel
09-27-2012, 07:04 PM
It's funny, his post count comes from making threads only.

bucketss
09-27-2012, 07:11 PM
thats not true. el hidalgo has posted many time inside his classic threads

Hawkeye15
09-27-2012, 07:29 PM
The guy who has shown the ability to make the right basketball play, whether that is create a shot for himself, or set up a teammate if he is sealed off.

The last guy I want is a guy with no killer instinct, or a guy with delusional killer instinct, who refuses to pass the ball and will shoot regardless of how pathetic an attempt it is.

The coach and his teammates also have to put their best late game shot maker in a position to succeed. Melo has been very successful because of this. He gets his looks late off playcalls, not going hero-ball.

Hawkeye15
09-27-2012, 07:31 PM
anti - kobe

hawkeye
andrew
3rdasystem

vs

nyckdymez
brklynknknicks3
Amos1er

sorry, I don't make irrational claims about Kobe, I speak facts. I don't belong anywhere near those posters names. It's not my fault sensitive fans can't be subjective about their heroes.

Raidaz4Life
09-27-2012, 07:38 PM
I'd want Hawkeye taking the last shot for my team

Hawkeye15
09-27-2012, 07:39 PM
I'd want Hawkeye taking the last shot for my team

as Jimmy Chitwood said, "I'll make it".

bucketss
09-27-2012, 07:43 PM
sorry, I don't make irrational claims about Kobe, I speak facts. I don't belong anywhere near those posters names. It's not my fault sensitive fans can't be subjective about their heroes.

yeah i know but your seen as a kobe hater for some reason almost every laker fan hates your guts haha.

Hawkeye15
09-27-2012, 07:44 PM
yeah i know but your seen as a kobe hater for some reason almost every laker hates your guts haha.

I don't even know any of the Lakers :cool:

el hidalgo
09-27-2012, 07:44 PM
yeah i know but your seen as a kobe hater for some reason almost every laker hates your guts haha.

the light reflecting off of kobe's 5 rings must be blinding him

bucketss
09-27-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't even know any of the Lakers :cool:

fixed;)

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Hawkeye15 is not a Laker hater. Just b/c he doesn't support that team doesn't mean he hates the Lakers.

Now this hidalgo character...:pity:

Hawkeye15
09-27-2012, 07:49 PM
fixed;)

haha, ninja edit too late! I know what you mean, I personally don't feel its justified. I have stuck up for Kobe many times here, I just try and balance the site out some, there is way too much Kobe love here prior to this past season, and I think fans need to be more subjective about the players that helped get their cities/teams rings. Sorry, Kobe has some holes in his game, that is a fact. Pointing them out is not hating, its pointing them out. How many times have I said he is a top 10 player ever for sure? At least 50+, I guarantee it. I just don't get, nor care, why I get lumped in as a Kobe hater.

Meh, life goes on.

b@llhog24
09-27-2012, 08:31 PM
anti - kobe

hawkeye
andrew
3rdasystem

vs

nyckdymez
brklynknknicks3
Amos1er

Put me off the bench. :D

JasonJohnHorn
09-27-2012, 09:24 PM
So basically a ball-hog like Kobe? Or an alpha dog that will pass like LBJ. I'll take LBJ because James will make sure the team gets the best available shot, where kobe will just try to be the hero regardless of what kind of look he has.

Even Jordan was willing to pass up the ball for a championship winning shot. Once to Paxon, and once to Kerr, and both times it brought home another banner.

Andrew32
09-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Melo

/Thread

:cool:

But I'd prefer the guy who isn't afraid to take the shot but will pass if he is put in a position where he probably wont make it and he can get a supporting player a very good shot.

TheSource
09-27-2012, 09:53 PM
So basically a ball-hog like Kobe? Or an alpha dog that will pass like LBJ. I'll take LBJ because James will make sure the team gets the best available shot, where kobe will just try to be the hero regardless of what kind of look he has.

Even Jordan was willing to pass up the ball for a championship winning shot. Once to Paxon, and once to Kerr, and both times it brought home another banner.

A ball-hog like Kobe? Where in a buzzer beater or game winning opportunity will you give it to a big man to post up and create their own shot from there, because those are the best options he has for his teams. The best perimeter shooter Kobe was surrounded by was Derek Fisher, and even then Kobe has passed the ball to him in game winning opportunities, he even passed it to Ron Artest (back then he was Ron) in the Game 7 of the 2010 Finals for the dagger. He also passed it to Steve Blake for a game-winning 3 in Game 4/5 of this year's playoffs against the Nuggets.

Andrew32
09-27-2012, 09:57 PM
He even passed it to Ron Artest (back then he was Ron) in the Game 7 of the 2010 Finals for the dagger.

I don't think I would classify that shot as a dagger.
Weren't there like 3-4 min left after Ron hit that shot?

Alot of stuff happened after that.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 10:02 PM

Game 7, 2010 Boston. The pass to Artest ring a bell?

JJH, you and these other losers are just gonna keep on hatin without any credence, aren't you?

Yeah, that's fine, keep flailing your vags.

TheSource
09-27-2012, 10:06 PM
I don't think I would classify that shot as a dagger.
Weren't there like 3-4 min left after Ron hit that shot?

Alot of stuff happened after that.

1 minute to be exact..

Andrew32
09-27-2012, 10:13 PM
1 minute to be exact..

You're right... :o
Still wasn't a dagger though.

Ray Allen hit a 3ptr right after to make it a three point game.

Kobe then clanked a 3ptr and Gasol got the rebound and passed it to Kobe by the rim for an easy basket.

Rondo then made a 3ptr and made it a two point game.

Then Sasha put the game away with 2ft's.

TheSource
09-27-2012, 10:27 PM
You're right... :o
Still wasn't a dagger though.

Ray Allen hit a 3ptr right after to make it a three point game.

Kobe then clanked a 3ptr and Gasol got the rebound and passed it to Kobe by the rim for an easy basket.

Rondo then made a 3ptr and made it a two point game.

Then Sasha put the game away with 2ft's.

Nevertheless it was a very crucial point in the game, and3 a that late in the game totally shifted the momentum to the Lakers, and I'm sure Kobe knew that when he passed up the shot.

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Can el hidalgo stop making threads about Kobe? But to answer your question ill take Kobe everyday of the week and twice on Sunday over Lebron which is what the question is asking

TheSource
09-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Killer instinct > lack of confidence in abilities.

nickdymez
09-27-2012, 11:44 PM

This is a lie. Hopefully I dont get banned for "insults"

amos1er
09-28-2012, 01:02 AM
anti - kobe

hawkeye
andrew
3rdasystem

vs

nyckdymez
brklynknknicks3
Amos1er

:laugh2: You forgot about RealHustoncoach.

sixer04fan
09-28-2012, 01:05 AM
I would rather have Lebron than Kobe with the ball in clutch which is what your asking.

Haha yeah that's definitely what he's asking

Hawkeye15
09-28-2012, 01:06 AM
This is a lie. Hopefully I dont get banned for "insults"

To be fair, you lead the Kobephile charge, so forgive me for never caring about your opinion of me. But, keep on trolling Kobe/Bron threads to spew your garbage.

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 01:53 AM
To be fair, you lead the Kobephile charge, so forgive me for never caring about your opinion of me. But, keep on trolling Kobe/Bron threads to spew your garbage.

Yet el hidalgo has made 7 threads already "baiting/Trolling" Kobe fans, but thats ok... Gotcha. Im done because you guys are trigger happy around here.

--23--
09-28-2012, 02:09 AM

This is exactly what i was going to say, give me the guy with the killer instinct.

amos1er
09-28-2012, 02:25 AM
Yet el hidalgo has made 7 threads already "baiting/Trolling" Kobe fans, but thats ok... Gotcha. Im done because you guys are trigger happy around here.

Yup...Hidalgo is much worse than any so called "kobephile" on PSD. Imagine if someone started 7 anti-Lebron threads in one week...

benzni
09-28-2012, 08:45 AM
I would have Dwight Howard take the game winning 3

JasonJohnHorn
09-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Game 7, 2010 Boston. The pass to Artest ring a bell?

JJH, you and these other losers are just gonna keep on hatin without any credence, aren't you?

Yeah, that's fine, keep flailing your vags.

I will admit to being a bit of a Kobe hater, but I will concede that he has passed up the ball on occassion, it's just he chucks up SO many bad shots...

marferrer
09-28-2012, 09:08 AM
I'd rather live and die with the guy who can and will take the last shot...

SteBO
09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
I'll take the guy that's going to make the "right" basketball play. I've stated many times that the so-called "clutch gene" is nothing more than a myth. Give me the guy that's going to create the more efficient opportunity.....whether that's taking the shot yourself or creating for others depends on the situation.

thenaj17
09-28-2012, 09:40 AM
haha, ninja edit too late! I know what you mean, I personally don't feel its justified. I have stuck up for Kobe many times here, I just try and balance the site out some, there is way too much Kobe love here prior to this past season, and I think fans need to be more subjective about the players that helped get their cities/teams rings. Sorry, Kobe has some holes in his game, that is a fact. Pointing them out is not hating, its pointing them out. How many times have I said he is a top 10 player ever for sure? At least 50+, I guarantee it. I just don't get, nor care, why I get lumped in as a Kobe hater.

Meh, life goes on.

You don't get lumped in with the worst at all, not from rational posters at least.

thenaj17
09-28-2012, 09:55 AM

If this is supposed to imply that Kobe>LeBron by this, then that is ridicuolous. LeBron does not lack confidence in his abilities, he is as arrogant as ANY player in the league. LeBron just gives the ball to better shooters than himself.

Mo Wills, Boobie Gibson etc at Cleveland were all better 3 point shooters than LeBron so he always gave them a shot ahead of his own 3 point attempt. It depends what is open and what has the highest percentage to be successful.

It's the same reasoning as to why teams give the ball to a Ray Allen instead of someone like Rondo when the opposition is going to intentionally foul. You take the higher percentage FT shooter. Same principal applies.

Kobe has even admitted in the past he doesn't like to pass up the last shot because he is a control freak. And since his first 3-peat, do you blame him? Smush Parker, Derek Fisher, Steve Blake, Ron Artest. He's never had the best shooters to work with. Fisher may have a reputation as clutch, but it's just not true, he hasn't been a good shooter his whole career. Give Kobe a 40%+ shooter and he would willingly (well more willing anyway) give the ball up.

MintBerryCrunch
09-28-2012, 11:16 AM
If this is supposed to imply that Kobe>LeBron by this, then that is ridicuolous. LeBron does not lack confidence in his abilities, he is as arrogant as ANY player in the league. LeBron just gives the ball to better shooters than himself.

Mo Wills, Boobie Gibson etc at Cleveland were all better 3 point shooters than LeBron so he always gave them a shot ahead of his own 3 point attempt. It depends what is open and what has the highest percentage to be successful.

It's the same reasoning as to why teams give the ball to a Ray Allen instead of someone like Rondo when the opposition is going to intentionally foul. You take the higher percentage FT shooter. Same principal applies.

Kobe has even admitted in the past he doesn't like to pass up the last shot because he is a control freak. And since his first 3-peat, do you blame him? Smush Parker, Derek Fisher, Steve Blake, Ron Artest. He's never had the best shooters to work with. Fisher may have a reputation as clutch, but it's just not true, he hasn't been a good shooter his whole career. Give Kobe a 40%+ shooter and he would willingly (well more willing anyway) give the ball up.

LeBron is afraid brah

nickdymez
09-28-2012, 01:07 PM

Show me where Kobe called himself a control freak