PDA

View Full Version : Washington D.C. News anchor calls Dwyane Wade overrated during innocuous book segment

spreadeagle
09-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Pretty unprofessional lol

Dwyane Wade's been all kinds of busy in the weeks before Miami Heat training camp starts, traveling across the country making myriad public appearances (Hasselhoff-related and otherwise) to promote "A Father First: How My Life Became Bigger Than Basketball," the just-released book in which Wade discusses how the challenges he faced growing up in Chicago and on his rise to stardom have helped shape his philosophy on raising his own family. Wade's weeks-long media tour has included a number of book signings, including one held Saturday afternoon at famed Washington, D.C., bookstore Politics & Prose.

Several local news covered the event, including D.C. ABC affiliate WJLA-TV, whose anchor ... um ... editorialized, just a tad, following some general comments from Wade about why he wanted to share his experiences with readers. Video- http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/washington-d-c-news-anchor-calls-dwyane-wade-170057498--nba.html

dee279
09-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Wow... All the Lebron hate carries on to Wade or something? Overrated? No not even close.

dee279
09-26-2012, 10:30 PM
I just listened to the video and that didnt even sound professional one bit. Even at the end he said, "He aight". Like what? How do you have a job?

JNoel
09-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Wtf? What triggered that stupid remark?

It's not like the Wizards and Heat have a rivalry...

justinnum1
09-26-2012, 10:32 PM
lmao. I love that everyone is overlooking wade.

dee279
09-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Wtf? What triggered that stupid remark?

It's not like the Wizards and Heat have a rivalry...

Yeah very far from one considering Wizards havent been relevant since the Prime Agent Zero, Antwuan Jamison, and Caron Butler days.

spreadeagle
09-26-2012, 10:36 PM
he also said "going through a bitter divorce" at the end lol all schmarmy

dee279
09-26-2012, 10:41 PM
he also said "going through a bitter divorce" at the end lol all schmarmy

Yeah I noticed that. They need to put him back at desk duty

JNoel
09-26-2012, 10:42 PM
I just listened to the video and that didnt even sound professional one bit. Even at the end he said, "He aight". Like what? How do you have a job?

Lol it's like go work at McDonalds if that's how you display being a professional, especially on live T.V.

dee279
09-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Lol it's like go work at McDonalds if that's how you talk on live T.V.

Exactly. If you can talk like that and make remarks like that, then let me have a job.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Heat Forum. ;)

Heater4life
09-26-2012, 11:37 PM
He must be a Chicago native. Some Bulls fans resent Wade for choosing Miami over his hometown.

Thats my best guess.

ThunderousDemon
09-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Oh noes! :ohno:

Bulls_fan90
09-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Maybe Wade gave him herpes. Some fans resent Wade for not telling them about his condition before proceeding to do the dirty.

That's my best guess.

dwadefan03
09-27-2012, 12:07 AM
ok the wade hate is getting absurd. First he gets completely disrespected by espn by being ranked 8th (rose and love being ahead of him was really cute btw) and now he's overrated? People are fooled into thinking that hes on some sort of a free fall because he had an injury-plauged season last year. He dealt with so much last year and still avgd 22 5 5 1.7 and 1.3 and won a championship. I cant wait till he comes back healthy this season and proves all these fools wrong

Bulls_fan90
09-27-2012, 12:13 AM
ok the wade hate is getting absurd. First he gets completely disrespected by espn by being ranked 8th (rose and love being ahead of him was really cute btw) and now he's overrated? People are fooled into thinking that hes on some sort of a free fall because he had an injury-plauged season last year. He dealt with so much last year and still avgd 22 5 5 1.7 and 1.3 and won a championship. I cant wait till he comes back healthy this season and proves all these fools wrong

Strong username to post correlation.

Pakman
09-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Wade is def overated. People still think he's a prime wade for some reason.

CubsBullsBucs
09-27-2012, 01:01 AM

i know its crazy!! who in their right mind would rank the most explosive player in the NBA when healthy, MVP, and #1 player on the Bulls to be better than wade. and its even more absurd that a guy who racked in plenty of 20-20 games last year and a couple 30-30's to even be considered in the same ballpark as an aging and injured #2 who averages 21 ppg, and thats about it. :facepalm:

naps
09-27-2012, 04:20 AM
One of the most underrated and under-appreciated superstars of all time.

YoungOne
09-27-2012, 05:23 AM
every player playing with lebron is overrated.

Slug3
09-27-2012, 09:55 AM
I am a Heat fan and wish Wade would come back strong this year, but honestly the dude had knee surgery in the off season and has since only really been promoting his book and doesn't look to really be training much in the off season. I wouldn't be surprised if he had another year like last year again this year.

Bullsfan22
09-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah he should stick to anchoring news. An injured wade is a top 10 player and a healthy one is top 3 in some cases and top 5 for sure. NBA Finals MVP's speak for themselves.

LongIslandIcedZ
09-27-2012, 10:14 AM
"Overrated" is such a subjective term

Dankster
09-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Wade is def overated. People still think he's a prime wade for some reason.

That's not fair. Wade was injured in the playoffs and looked like it in every series except against the Knicks (looked totally healthy to me in the 1st round.)

The guy is a great 2 way player. Up until the playoffs, Wade still looked like he was in his prime to me. His offensive game has evolved so much the past few years that even when he does lose his athleticism completely, he has a good perimeter game to keep him relevant for a couple more years at least.

C_Mund
09-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Wade has always been a phenomenal 2-way player but people need to understand that he's not being underrated, he's just getting older and his physical style of play doesn't usually provide the player with a long prime. Not that he's going to be a bum or a mere rotational player, but look at somebody like Ray Allen, great player, only what, 36? He's a shadow of his former self. Wade is approaching that age when surgically repaired joints are going to start failing him and he'll be losing a step. He has a post game and an all-time great teammate to rely on so he'll play at a high level for a few more years but anybody who thinks that he'll bounce back to '06 Wade is just kidding themselves.

Big Zo
09-27-2012, 11:24 AM
I think I detected sarcasm when he said it. Either way, just some nobody from DC. Not really thread worthy.

Gibby23
09-27-2012, 11:38 AM

No you don't.

Shlumpledink
09-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't care? Let random local news anchors (who might as well be anonymous, who has heard of this guy before?) have whatever dumb sports opinions they have. I like when people openly express their sports opinions. But who cares?

koreancabbage
09-27-2012, 12:37 PM
i know its crazy!! who in their right mind would rank the most explosive player in the NBA when healthy, MVP, and #1 player on the Bulls to be better than wade. and its even more absurd that a guy who racked in plenty of 20-20 games last year and a couple 30-30's to even be considered in the same ballpark as an aging and injured #2 who averages 21 ppg, and thats about it. :facepalm:

I think its the fact that DRose isn't playing anytime soon. So to rank this high without playing ball for such a long time is kinda absurd. How can you be so highly ranked without being on the court.

I would put Rose ahead of Wade if Rose was healthy. Just put it this way- Rose vs Wade right now at this moment and time or at the moment they ranked these players. Wade easily.

dwadefan03
09-27-2012, 12:38 PM
i know its crazy!! who in their right mind would rank the most explosive player in the NBA when healthy, MVP, and #1 player on the Bulls to be better than wade.

and its even more absurd that a guy who racked in plenty of 20-20 games last year and a couple 30-30's to even be considered in the same ballpark as an aging and injured #2 who averages 21 ppg, and thats about it. :facepalm:

1.) Dwyane Wade, even with an injury beats Derrick Rose in almost every stat category. Steals, blocks, points and more importantly field goal percentage. I like Derrick rose as a player an i agree that hes one of the most explosive players in the league bit to rank him over the guys he was ranked over, not just Wade, is absurd

2.) KLove has absolutely ridiculous stats but you cant play defense you dont belong above elite players that can. Klove is most certainly the best power forward in the league and he does put up ridiculous numbers but that doesnt make him a better player then wade

And can we cut the **** about Wade "aging". No one had a problem last year when he was playing completely healthy. In fact people had him ranked 3rd in the league overall that year. People on here only focus on what a guy has done lately without focusing on the whole picture. He had a dominant year one year prior and then he deals with a plethora of injuries and now all of a sudden hes on the decline? Ill give you that yes hes not as good as he once was, but to say that hes free-falling into the 8th best player is ridiculous

JasonJohnHorn
09-27-2012, 02:22 PM
I actually thought that was kinda funny. lol

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-27-2012, 02:37 PM

Just like you and everyone else overlooked Kobe last year, now you see how it feels??
Anyways Kobe>wade

Swashcuff
09-27-2012, 02:38 PM
At the end of the day I think its amazing that despite playing through so many injuries and really starting off the season so poorly Wade was able to right his ship and prove why he is a top 8 player in the NBA. He was IMO the best or 2nd best guard in the NBA (CP3 was in the argument as well) last season but quite honestly lets not act like there is a huge gap between him, Rose, Love and Kobe. Wade's poor play at times in the post season was blown out of proportion and he has suffered in the eyesight of many because of it. Provided that he's healthy this season he'll come around and prove to all why he's still a top 5 calibre player in the NBA IMO. He surely produced on that type of scale last season.

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-27-2012, 02:39 PM

No no no I know what you mean rose is a top 5-7 player when healthy but in no way shape or form should he have even made the top 10 list why because he barely played last year, smh at espn

kswissdaf
09-27-2012, 02:48 PM
D wade banged his wife

MintBerryCrunch
09-27-2012, 03:03 PM
D wade's shirt is really tight ... Damn ...
No homo doe

BULLSFAN0810
09-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I know im going to get flamed, but hey .....its all good. I do agree Dwade is over-rated at this point of his career. I never saw him as an equal to Kobe even at this stage where wear and tear has slowed them both. Wade hasnt progressed as a player since his inception into the NBA. His reckless style which brought on wear and tear caused injuries that couldve been avoided.Even though Wade is clutch and has a glimpse of leadership, he never developed a jumpshot to go along with his game as he aged like a star heading into the twilight of his NBA career normally would. If i had to rate Wade vs . Kobe on the 2K scale Wade 88-90...Kobe 90-91...REASON:Kobe has basket ball IQ ..IF you wanna see good fundamentals Kobe will rely on them now since he cant outjump anyone. Not saying he will be great , im saying he will actually have to play basketball at its full capcity mentally to be effective.