PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barnes Praises Clippers Locker Room Chemistry

Clippersfan86
09-26-2012, 02:56 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--chris-paul-is-convinced-he-has-the-secret-to-beating-the-lakers.html

Barnes, who spent the last two years with the Lakers, had no criticism of his former employers but did admit that the sense of togetherness at the Clippers may be better.

"As soon as I signed I felt like there was something cool going on and that this was a close group," he explained. "We will see, but it seems to me that it could be the closest [team] I have played on. The guys hang out and you immediately feel welcome. L.A. is home, but the Clippers organization already feels like home, too, and I owe the players for that."

For a guy who's been on like 7 teams to say this is huge. I've said it all along the Clippers have a GREAT locker room and off court chemistry and Barnes will be a non issue.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2012, 03:02 AM
Its the Kia commercials.

DCB/LAL
09-26-2012, 03:08 AM
Clippers forum.. do they even have one or do they share that with the Lakers too..? If so page 2 in Lakers forum

Hawkeye15
09-26-2012, 03:11 AM
In all seriousness, they have Hill, Billups, and Paul, three vets who demand respect, as well as Griffin, who by all accounts appears as a very coachable, nice guy.

They have a nice makeup, and have the potential to enter the contender discussion if Blake takes his game up a notch.

Losoway
09-26-2012, 03:13 AM
barnes is sending a shot to lakers

PleaseBeNice
09-26-2012, 03:18 AM
Lakers forum, page 2, as a poster said

DCB/LAL
09-26-2012, 03:19 AM
In all seriousness, they have Hill, Billups, and Paul, three vets who demand respect, as well as Griffin, who by all accounts appears as a very coachable, nice guy.

They have a nice makeup, and have the potential to enter the contender discussion if Blake takes his game up a notch.

They definitely have a solid young core... imo they already are in the "contenders disscussion"... I for one believe their more a threat to the Lakers than the Thunder especially with Billups healthy.. but thats just me.

MintBerryCrunch
09-26-2012, 03:20 AM
Barnes is a bum

Hawkeye15
09-26-2012, 03:23 AM
They definitely have a solid young core... imo they already are in the "contenders disscussion"... I for one believe their more a threat to the Lakers than the Thunder especially with Billups healthy.. but thats just me.

A team that just went to the finals, boasting the 2nd best player in the league, along with another top 12 player, and top 5 SG, as well as runner up for DPOY, all under the age of 25, scare me a bit more.

LakersMaster24
09-26-2012, 03:33 AM
How is this NBA forum worthy? A scrub talking about his experience with his new team...

CLIPPERS FORUM.

John Walls Era
09-26-2012, 09:00 AM
The owner hasnt watched him shower yet.

SteBO
09-26-2012, 09:57 AM
barnes is sending a shot to lakers
Think you're reading too much into it. Having just one guy in Kobe leading the charge is different from having as Hawkeye said, 3 guys in Hill, CP3, and Chauncey commanding respect. Differenct voices can go a long way towards creating a great practice atmosphere. That's not to say Kobe isn't a great leader. He is.

The Clippers are going to be a pretty fun team to watch this year.

Gram
09-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Page 2 of the Laker forum. :laugh:

Iron24th
09-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Barnes is that type of guy who always praise the team where he's on at the moment,check his past comments the last 3 years...

The goods
09-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Clippers forum.. do they even have one or do they share that with the Lakers too..? If so page 2 in Lakers forum

Hahahahaha

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-26-2012, 11:02 AM
He hasn't even met the Clippers team is. He's BS-ing.

I have a "sense" ??? :confused: What does that even mean?

He's just trying to justify his move to the Clippers after playing like crap for 2 yrs with the P&G and moving to across the hall at Staples. Him getting arrested was just icing on the cake. He'll be better served warming the Clipper bench as the 13th or 14th guy. We thought he could be a legitimate 6th or 7th guy on a team, but he's not.

Randy West
09-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Barnes starts blowing new organization and teammates, no surprise he has been busy doing that for several teams in his career.

Shlumpledink
09-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Hard to find a locker room with Grant Hill in it that isn't a good locker room.

sixer04fan
09-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Lakers forum.

Lakers4life08
09-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Yes Barnes we believe in you.......next year after singing with Bobcats:

As soon as I signed for Bobcats I felt like there was something cool going on and that this was a close group," he explained. "We will see, but it seems to me that it could be the closest [team] I have played on

DoMeFavors
09-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Jerry Stackhouse praised the Nets locker chemistry yesterday should I make a thread about it?

Gram
09-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Jerry Stackhouse praised the Nets locker chemistry yesterday should I make a thread about it?

I'm surprised you haven't. :rolleyes:

Chronz
09-26-2012, 02:06 PM

He's just trying to justify his move to the Clippers after playing like crap for 2 yrs with the P&G and moving to across the hall at Staples. Him getting arrested was just icing on the cake. He'll be better served warming the Clipper bench as the 13th or 14th guy. We thought he could be a legitimate 6th or 7th guy on a team, but he's not.

Wat? He was the only quality bench guy you guys had last year. 13th or 14th guy? LOL those guys go on the inactive list, you do know that right.

Iron24th
09-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Wat? He was the only quality bench guy you guys had last year. 13th or 14th guy? LOL those guys go on the inactive list, you do know that right.

Wrong, Jordan Hill was our best bench player as soon as he got PT.

Barnes posted 3.5pts per game/27%FG/16%3pt during playoffs...

MrEdwards
09-26-2012, 06:22 PM
LOL at the clippers having any sort of "chemistry". They're the clippers. Always have been, always will be dysfunctional. They should stick to making Kia commercials and eating at buffets with Chris Paul.

Teufelshunde4
09-26-2012, 06:32 PM
How can anyone judge team chemistry until the season starts and the team faces adversity? Seems premature..

xxplayerxx23
09-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Not Really much to talk about here. DMF do you have alink for that if so Post it on up!

Ill21
09-26-2012, 06:44 PM
How is this NBA forum worthy? A scrub talking about his experience with his new team...

CLIPPERS FORUM.

There is nothing else to talk about right now. So what's the big deal?

xxplayerxx23
09-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Laker fans call him a scrub now because hes a clipper. Barnes isn't a scrub, solid defender that will get in your face. Good guy to have on the bench. I really like the clippers, I believe they will contend this year.

Guppyfighter
09-26-2012, 06:53 PM
The 06-07 Warriors was the best team chemistry wise he was ever on. If he says otherwise he is lying.

xxplayerxx23
09-26-2012, 06:55 PM
And how would you know this. :laugh2:

Guppyfighter
09-26-2012, 06:57 PM
And how would you know this. :laugh2:

Because I am a homer Warrior fan.

Chronz
09-26-2012, 10:02 PM

Wrong, Jordan Hill was our best bench player as soon as he got PT.

Barnes posted 3.5pts per game/27%FG/16%3pt during playoffs...
Hill barely played, Barnes was the only guy who was starting caliber all year

Clippersfan86
09-27-2012, 12:56 AM

Hasn't met them yet has multiple pictures with them including one in the article??? DOH! :o

LakersMaster24
09-27-2012, 01:37 AM

Kidding me right? Hill got plenty of time starting from April up until the 2nd Round Elimination.

Barnes is not starting caliber.

Iron24th
09-27-2012, 03:51 AM

Lol keep watching your clippers cause it's evident that you didn't watch the Lakers.

Barnes was like our 10th man since mid march.

Edit: even a scrub like Ebanks started ahead of him when Kobe missed some games.

naps
09-27-2012, 04:14 AM
A group where unselfish team players like Chris Paul, Grant Hill, and Billups are the leaders would certainly have better chemistry and off-court coherence than most other teams.

Raidaz4Life
09-27-2012, 06:52 AM
I wouldn't say that surprises me and I view this as a well deserved shot at the Lakers.

Chronz
09-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Lol keep watching your clippers cause it's evident that you didn't watch the Lakers.
lol lame attack, I watch as many Laker games as you do. Its evident that you cant defend your stance without exaggerations and contextually lacking arguments. Watch .

Barnes was like our 10th man since mid march.
Show me a SINGLE 10TH Man in the NBA that averages 22.2MPG in March and 26.8MPG in April. Barnes got hurt at some point in the year and maybe those are the Laker games that stick out for some reason, but he was the only other guy who started a decent stretch of games AND the only other bencher that produced at a league average rate.

Edit: even a scrub like Ebanks started ahead of him when Kobe missed some games.
Point? Barnes still started more and produced at a FAR higher rate.

Chronz
09-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Kidding me right? Hill got plenty of time starting from April up until the 2nd Round Elimination.
lol you mean the final 2 regular season games and however many playoff games the Lakers played? I think Im the one who should be asking if your serious.

Barnes is not starting caliber.
Even if thats true, wouldnt change the fact that he was the best bench player for the Lakers all year and FAR from an inactive reserve caliber player.

Iron24th
09-27-2012, 03:42 PM
lol you mean the final 2 regular season games and however many playoff games the Lakers played? I think Im the one who should be asking if your serious.

Even if thats true, wouldnt change the fact that he was the best bench player for the Lakers all year and FAR from an inactive reserve caliber player.

Not in playoffs, so, not all year genius.

Chronz
09-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Not in playoffs, so, not all year genius.

Compared to playing a handful of games, its definitely all year.

xxplayerxx23
09-27-2012, 09:37 PM
:laugh2: LA trying to pretend like Barnes is a scrub now.

Mr. LA
09-27-2012, 09:48 PM
LOL Matt Barnes... Who's that? The inconsistent, playoff dissapearing, metta world peace wannabee, fake tough guy??? yeah I remember... Have fun Clippers... no really! have fun

Lakers4life08
09-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Well for me he is scrub...he can't shoot,his defense is below average,only good thing about him is he is ok rebounder and has great motor....as sub 10-12 player of the bench,i think he is ok

Iron24th
09-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Well for me he is scrub...he can't shoot,his defense is below average,only good thing about him is he is ok rebounder and has great motor....as sub 10-12 player of the bench,i think he is ok

That's what clippers fans thought about him when he was a Laker but now that he's a clipper, he's elite, matt barnes? Really? Looool

TheSource
09-27-2012, 11:25 PM
The Clippers probably do have the best chemistry in the NBA though, if you watched some of the videos they have uploaded by "losangelestimes" you will understand.

Mr. LA
09-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Who even created this thread? lol cmon in all reality... Matt barnes is garbage!!! He is so so inconsistent, He is injury prone, and he is a cancer! Even when he is at his best which isn't often, he's just an average defender, a good hustle player, an extremely inconsistent shot, and a slasher... which isn't all that much, a very replacable player... He is definitely not starter material and maybe not even 2nd string material... He is a bench player on a bad team and a third stringer on a good team... I guess this thread is just too say Clippers have good team chemistry which is great but probably belongs in a clipper forum :)

Cracka2HI!
09-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Most of the Laker fans posting in this thread make their fan base and LA sports fans in general look so ignorant. I didn't see anyone even attempt to dispute Chronz point that he led your bench in minutes last season. No 10th-12th man in NBA history has ever led his bench in minutes. Before you respond, I get your stupid point about the playoffs. It doesn't matter, a scrub or 10th man doesn't lead his team's bench in minutes for the entire season. Tons of players wear down and play their worst and get replaced come playoff time. Can a Laker fan make an intelligent point to dispute that truth?

Mr. LA
09-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Most of the Laker fans posting in this thread make their fan base and LA sports fans in general look so ignorant. I didn't see anyone even attempt to dispute Chronz point that he led your bench in minutes last season. No 10th-12th man in NBA history has ever led his bench in minutes. Before you respond, I get your stupid point about the playoffs. It doesn't matter, a scrub or 10th man doesn't lead his team's bench in minutes for the entire season. Tons of players wear down and play their worst and get replaced come playoff time. Can a Laker fan make an intelligent point to dispute that truth?

Well.... We had an out of shape Peace and Devin Ebanks at the small forward postion therefore someone had to play the position...

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Hasn't met them yet has multiple pictures with them including one in the article??? DOH! :o

Did you know that he's currently practicing with the Lakers scrubs at the El Segundo Facility despite being a Clipper? :laugh2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vDhfyenvnw

sp1derm00
09-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Did you know that he's currently practicing with the Lakers scrubs at the El Segundo Facility despite being a Clipper? :laugh2:

Well, aside from the Warriors, Matt Barnes was a Laker for longer than he was any other team in the NBA. He barely knows the Clippers right now and since the Lakers scrimmage was open to him, he took advantage of it.

It's not really a knock on the locker room chemistry of the Clippers since he hasn't been able to be integrated into it yet.

Chronz
09-28-2012, 11:57 AM

That's what clippers fans thought about him when he was a Laker but now that he's a clipper, he's elite, matt barnes? Really? Looool
Prove it, there are like 6 of us on here, which one of us Clipper fans said he was elite. You won't find one, what you will find is a Lakers fan shamelessly lie about a players worth in this very thread, **** theres atleast 2 of them here

Corey
09-28-2012, 12:31 PM

And Josh Smith went to practice with the Celtics in California..So what?

MrfadeawayJB
09-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Lets see if he says the same things half way through the season when his minutes dwindle in favor of Grant Hill

Clippersfan86
09-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Lakers fan in July: "Let's get Grant Hill!!!, We will be contenders!"

Lakers fan in September: "Old", "Will get injured anyways", "Sucks now"

Lakers fans in 2011-2012 season: "Odom still has it.. if he was with us he would be doing fine" "Odom was the heart and soul of this team", "Imagine what Odom would do for the team with Pau playing so soft and our SF's sucking".

Lakers fans after Clippers signing of Odom: "He's done", "He's a locker room problem", "He's too old now".

The point is any Lakers player or player that the Lakers want or are pursuing are amazing, overhyped. The minute any team, especially the Clippers picks them up Lakers fans rip their value apart.

Clippersfan86
09-28-2012, 01:40 PM
You won't see me or other Clippers fans shredding our players that go to the Lakers or other teams. It's because we aren't bitter like that. I won't tell Jazz fans how Mo Williams is a ****** player when I know damn well he's a capable 6th man and solid starter.

Mr. LA
09-28-2012, 01:44 PM

Lakers fans in 2011-2012 season: "Odom still has it.. if he was with us he would be doing fine" "Odom was the heart and soul of this team", "Imagine what Odom would do for the team with Pau playing so soft and our SF's sucking".

Lakers fans after Clippers signing of Odom: "He's done", "He's a locker room problem", "He's too old now".

The point is any Lakers player or player that the Lakers want or are pursuing are amazing, overhyped. The minute any team, especially the Clippers picks them up Lakers fans rip their value apart.

Dude... You can have Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, Lamar Odom, Ronny Turiaf, and whatever else your management wants to pick out of the Lakers garbage can... You want Farmar, Vujacic, D.J Mbenga, Adam Morrison???? What else do you want ??? have it all... Their all complete and utterly garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clippersfan86
09-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Dude... You can have Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, Lamar Odom, Ronny Turiaf, and whatever else your management wants to pick out of the Lakers garbage can... You want Farmar, Vujacic, D.J Mbenga, Adam Morrison???? What else do you want ??? have it all... Their all complete and utterly garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Blake, Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes and countless other players you guys have had were Clippers first... so it goes both ways champ. You can have the Clippers garbage too.

Mr. LA
09-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Wanna know what the links are when you type in Matt Barnes or Lamar Odom?

Odom: http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/89351/Khloe-Kardashian-And-Husband-Lamar-Odom-Fighting-Over-New-Reality-TV-Plans-

Barnes: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/09/clipper-matt-barnes-pleads-to-misdemeanor-after-manhattan-beach-arrest.html

You think we want that crap on are team? lolololol add on to the fact that they both suck at basketball and what do you get??? Garbage

Mr. LA
09-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Steve Blake, Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes and countless other players you guys have had were Clippers first... so it goes both ways champ. You can have the Clippers garbage too.

Problem is: We got them when they were all still relevant players!

Clippersfan86
09-28-2012, 01:51 PM

When was Steve Blake EVER relevant??? Odom still has a good chance to be a good contributor. Matt Barnes is what 31 or 32 and had a very solid regular season last year? You're talking out of your *** before you actually wait for the season to start. Let's see how they play before you call them garbage.

Mr. LA
09-28-2012, 02:00 PM
When was Steve Blake EVER relevant??? Odom still has a good chance to be a good contributor. Matt Barnes is what 31 or 32 and had a very solid regular season last year? You're talking out of your *** before you actually wait for the season to start. Let's see how they play before you call them garbage.

Well... Lets see... Steve blake played 26 games with the clippers (starting in 10 of them) getting 26 minutes a game... He averaged 6.8 points and 6.1 assists... give him starters minutes and he averages over 8 assists with you...I'll take 6 assists for your back up point guard any day of the week... he also shot 43% from downtown with the clippers... alot better then...hmm Chris Paul...could ever shoot from downtown... Just saying.. Steve Blake is also a career 38.5% 3 point shooter, a very solid defender and a good playmaker...so I would say he is a relevant player!!! As for Lamar Odom... He did absolutely nothing with the Mavericks and ever since we broke his little heart he has been garbage and I don't expect that to change! As for Matt Barnes lol I don't even have anything to say...Their is a reason he has been with 8 teams in 9 years.... because a team signs him thinks they know what their getting...and he does provide good minutes for a while but then they find out he is extremely inconsistent, a cancer, and can't stay healthy for the life of him...not only that but he is only an average player if he somehow controlled all of his negatives...which he won't...definitely not worth the risk...high risk/low reward player... he is garbage

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-28-2012, 02:31 PM

In my heart, Lamar still does have it, and I've admittingly said that I'm still pissed that Grant picked you guys over us. I was so sure he'd join Nash. But oh well.

Matt Barnes as I said will play better a Clipper rather than a Laker. He gives the Clippers a defensive hard-nosed guy. He used to fold under the pressure as a Laker and as the 1st or 2nd guy off the Lakers bench (to much pressure and expectations for him to meet up). But he'll have less pressure being in a Clippers uniform and he'll probably be like the 5th or 6th guy off the bench. Less pressure and less responsibilities for Matt Barnes. It's as simple as that.

I like the way your team is constructed and I've also said, if the Clips meet OKC in the 2nd round, I can see Clips prevailing and we can possibly see a Lakers-Clippers WCF showdown.

Mr. LA
09-28-2012, 02:44 PM
In my heart, Lamar still does have it, and I've admittingly said that I'm still pissed that Grant picked you guys over us. I was so sure he'd join Nash. But oh well.

Matt Barnes as I said will play better a Clipper rather than a Laker. He gives the Clippers a defensive hard-nosed guy. He used to fold under the pressure as a Laker and as the 1st or 2nd guy off the Lakers bench (to much pressure and expectations for him to meet up). But he'll have less pressure being in a Clippers uniform and he'll probably be like the 5th or 6th guy off the bench. Less pressure and less responsibilities for Matt Barnes. It's as simple as that.

I like the way your team is constructed and I've also said, if the Clips meet OKC in the 2nd round, I can see Clips prevailing and we can possibly see a Lakers-Clippers WCF showdown.

Seriously? any team can sign old has beens and make it look like a good team... Hill, Crawford, Green, Billups, Barnes, Turiaf, Odom, Butler..etc... any team can do that but in reality only one of those scrubs will contribute... OKC would rip the Clips head off dude... I bet if the bobcats went out and got Barbosa, arenas, and kenyon Martin you'd be saying "Bobcats could upset Celtics in the 2nd round.... In reality Clippers will be a 4th or 5th seed and get smoked in the 2nd round

Chronz
09-28-2012, 02:56 PM

You realize Barnes had his best career as a pro with the Lakers right? Im not expecting him to play any better with us than he did with you.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-28-2012, 03:09 PM
You realize Barnes had his best career as a pro with the Lakers right? Im not expecting him to play any better with us than he did with you.

Last yr, there really was no Laker bench besides Steve Blake and Matt Barnes. Barnes got the minutes especially when World Peace was out of shape at the start of the season and towards the end of the season when MWP got suspended, and in fact, he started a few games which led to MWP coming off the bench.

Problem with Matt is he gets injured during the most crucial stretch during the regular season, and then when the playoffs roll around, he doesn't contribute at all when we needed him the last 2 postseasons. The guy unfortunately is made of glass, and so relying on him playing 20+ minutes per game off the bench as the 1st or 2nd best player off the bench is not the way to go. He's better served as a guy who can give you 11-12 minutes off the bench as the 4th or 5th guy off the bench. Less playing time and less pressure and responsibility for Barnes means less chances of him getting injured, because he does have a reckless type of play that leads to those injuries for him.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Seriously? any team can sign old has beens and make it look like a good team... Hill, Crawford, Green, Billups, Barnes, Turiaf, Odom, Butler..etc... any team can do that but in reality only one of those scrubs will contribute... OKC would rip the Clips head off dude... I bet if the bobcats went out and got Barbosa, arenas, and kenyon Martin you'd be saying "Bobcats could upset Celtics in the 2nd round.... In reality Clippers will be a 4th or 5th seed and get smoked in the 2nd round

I guarantee you that the CLips finish as the 3rd seed out West and actually upset OKC. They have the speed and athleticism with CP3 and Blake to keep up with OKC in some ways.

Cracka2HI!
09-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Well.... We had an out of shape Peace and Devin Ebanks at the small forward postion therefore someone had to play the position...

That isn't an intelligent statement and does nothing to discredit my point.

Well... Lets see... Steve blake played 26 games with the clippers (starting in 10 of them) getting 26 minutes a game... He averaged 6.8 points and 6.1 assists... give him starters minutes and he averages over 8 assists with you...I'll take 6 assists for your back up point guard any day of the week... he also shot 43% from downtown with the clippers... alot better then...hmm Chris Paul...could ever shoot from downtown... Just saying.. Steve Blake is also a career 38.5% 3 point shooter, a very solid defender and a good playmaker...so I would say he is a relevant player!!! As for Lamar Odom... He did absolutely nothing with the Mavericks and ever since we broke his little heart he has been garbage and I don't expect that to change! As for Matt Barnes lol I don't even have anything to say...Their is a reason he has been with 8 teams in 9 years.... because a team signs him thinks they know what their getting...and he does provide good minutes for a while but then they find out he is extremely inconsistent, a cancer, and can't stay healthy for the life of him...not only that but he is only an average player if he somehow controlled all of his negatives...which he won't...definitely not worth the risk...high risk/low reward player... he is garbage

So Lamar Odom, Grant Hill and Matt Barnes aren't relevant and Steve Blake is. I don't even need to argue against you to make you look like a fool. You're doing it to yourself :facepalm:

Lakers4life08
09-28-2012, 06:52 PM
so much hate for Barnes,he is all star calibre player,just lakers didn't know how to use him,he is 25-6-6 player if he is 3 option on the team at worst