PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Player Rankings Discussion: ALL OTHERS MERGED HERE

Pages : [1] 2 3

BklynKnicks3
09-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Let see we put melo 17 make ny fans go crazy more raings and we get NY haters involved to by saying see i told u so he not top 10 or top 5. You cant do that with any other player no player has gotten 10% of the feedback for the ranking like melo has.

BklynKnicks3
09-25-2012, 11:47 AM
I bet if Melo was a nugget he would be ranked like 8th or 9th at worst

Corey
09-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Or, get this, outside of PSD Carmelo Anthony isn't viewed as a deity.

I had him in the 15-18 range. Ask anyone that was a part of the NBA Mock Offseason.

MintBerryCrunch
09-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Seriously , melo isn't that good brah

Swashcuff
09-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Only the handful of NY fans who thinks everyone is against them buy into this garbage that everyone hates them because they are NYers.

How about the fact that Melo just came across the worst season since hitting his prime and was hurt in the rankings as a result. Hey let's just ignore that because he plays for the Knicks right? :rolleyes: You guys need to get over yourselves wake up and smell the coffee.

Hellcrooner
09-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Id put him over Parker and Griffin to be honest.
But thats that, ill take the rest of the players that they are gonna put over him as better. ( if we dont take age on consideration).

heyman321
09-25-2012, 11:59 AM
U Calm and collected?

Seriously. Read the posts -- he plays one side of the ball.

Gram
09-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Lol Knicks.

toovey107
09-25-2012, 12:10 PM
1. I can barely understand what you're trying to say. Grammar and punctuation... isn't that difficult.

2. That ranking seems about right.

DoMeFavors
09-25-2012, 12:15 PM
ESPN isnt going to be biased you are saying this is hate because you cant handle the truth. He was awful this season and isnt a leader.

D-Leethal
09-25-2012, 12:17 PM
ESPN is going to rank based on facts, stats, individual success and team success. Melo just had his worst season as a pro, his stats are bottom of the barrel for 'stars' and his team underachieved all season long and, mostly due to a slew of injuries, got embarassed in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year.

What do you expect?

I will say that his defensive deficiencies are way overblown, hes not nearly as bad defensively as some critics make him out to be and definitely not worse than guys like Love, Griffin, Parker, Nash, DWill and a slew of guys who get top 15, top 10 accolades with no penalization for horrific defense.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-25-2012, 12:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8419506/2012-nba-player-rankings-16-20

^ if ESPN PUTS HIM AT 17TH, who btw, are analysts who judge players for a living, and know 1000x more about player production/potential/ etc, and who happen to watch EVERY SINGLE GAME, if they rank melo at 17..

and it so happens that the only people having a problem with melo's ranking are either melo haters or melo lovers, well than, sir..

i am studying to be a brain surgeon, and i'd like you to be my first patient.

Jesse2272
09-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Not mad at ESPn

Based on the overall results of last season I cant argue

I have him 9-12 (up or down 4 spots is subjective) I see the argument on the lower end

17 is a tad low but IMO but understandable

He will have his chance this season

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-25-2012, 12:23 PM
and the ranking between TP and Melo 16th and 17th respectively, wasn't even close.

8.28 to 8.08.

melo has to improve, and im sure he will. but based off of last season, would it kill u to admit he wasnt that impressive? jeeze. the season is over already lol

Heatcheck
09-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Let see we put melo 17 make ny fans go crazy more raings and we get NY haters involved to by saying see i told u so he not top 10 or top 5. You cant do that with any other player no player has gotten 10% of the feedback for the ranking like melo has.

None of this makes any sense, i dont know what happened or why your mad, all i can tell is you dont like where melo is ranked.

mjm07
09-25-2012, 12:26 PM
^ The OP will never admit to this. Melo is so close to being overrated IMO. But I expect him to have a better season this yr and be close to, if not, top 10 material.

The question is, will he want to get better/improve?

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Not mad at ESPn

I have him 9-12 (up or down 4 spots is subjective) I see the argument on the lower end

absolutely, because i love melo's game, i personally think he is THE number 1 option in the Nba, for last second shot situations.

i do know last season he seemed sluggish and not in nba shape, especially during their horrid start.

time will tell this season now that he reportedly lost weight, and looks nba ready.

and the olympics, he was a spark, that team usa needed.
so he def has the tools to be 9-12 after next season.

DoMeFavors
09-25-2012, 12:27 PM
And why do people care about ranking so much its not like its going to make a player worse, just enjoy the game. Someones opinion is someones opinion.

uprightciti
09-25-2012, 12:29 PM
all of espn is knicks haters
should have been like this

1. lebron
2. durant
3. paul
4. rose
5. rondo
6. kobe
7. dwight
8. wade
9. dirk
10. love
11. melo
12. westbrook
13. griffin
14. parker
15. bynum

Im_in_Mia_bish
btw pau gasol was just named 15th.

ink
Why does it need to be "addressed"? I don't really understand how this is thread worthy.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-25-2012, 12:30 PM

1. lebron
2. durant
3. paul
4. rose
5. rondo
6. kobe
7. dwight
8. wade
9. dirk
10. love
11. melo
12. westbrook
13. griffin
14. parker
15. bynum

woahh dwight is wayyyy underrated on your list bro.

ink
09-25-2012, 12:32 PM

1. lebron
2. durant
3. paul
4. rose
5. rondo
6. kobe
7. dwight
8. wade
9. dirk
10. love
11. melo
12. westbrook
13. griffin
14. parker
15. bynum

That may bother you but it doesn't belong in the NBA forum. It's a Knicks issue if it is an issue at all.

Hate?? Really??? I doubt ESPN "hates" any player or team.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-25-2012, 12:35 PM
That may bother you but it doesn't belong in the NBA forum. It's a Knicks issue if it is an issue at all.

Hate?? Really??? I doubt ESPN "hates" any player or team.

yeah i never got that statement just cos espn doesnt agree with majority of biased opinions, and they post facts, along with stats, and proof to back it up, granted a handful of analysts go by reputation and sometimes overhype and overexaggerate their opinions, but for the most part espn gets it right, especially when they ask EVERY analyst, and 99% of their list is the same..

this shouldnt be an issue at all.

ink
09-25-2012, 12:36 PM
The NBA has some amazing talent. A 17th ranking is pretty good for Melo.

justinnum1
09-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Melo is right around that 14-19 range.

Manimal
09-25-2012, 12:41 PM
ESPN ranks Bosh over LMA, that's where it loses all credibility. Griffin over LMA? Are you kidding me? Can you get more star ****ed?

DanG
09-25-2012, 12:42 PM
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Howard
4. Paul
5. Wade
6. Kobe
7. Healthy Rose
8. Love
9. Westbrook
10. Dirk
11. Bynum
12. Williams
13. Garnett
14. Melo
15. Rondo

tripleplay2007
09-25-2012, 12:44 PM
I would never want Melo on my team, he's slow for a SF and he's overrated. If he's so good then why didn't the Knicks get a higher seed in a week EC when LeBron James arguably the best player in the league was able to consistently take a Cavs team with no supporting cast really deep in the playoffs? Melo's overrated. Anyone who get's that many touches will put up good numbers.

sixer04fan
09-25-2012, 12:45 PM
It's clearly a conspiracy. ESPN writers conspired to rank Melo low because they all secretly hate New York and are jealous of how awesome the city is and how much swag the Knicks fans have. Just like PSD. Except even worse.

It's not possible that Melo is ranked appropriately based on the season he had. No way. That's impossible.

PleaseBeNice
09-25-2012, 12:46 PM
hes purely a scorer and an inefficient one at that

nycericanguy
09-25-2012, 12:47 PM
And why do people care about ranking so much its not like its going to make a player worse, just enjoy the game. Someones opinion is someones opinion.

After 4,626 posts... DoMeFavors finally made sense! :p

DoMeFavors
09-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Melo isnt even a superstar anymore he is an all star thats it.

Cal827
09-25-2012, 12:48 PM

This. There are very few superstars in the League; calling Melo one is a disgrace to the 4 or 5 of them around.

IIISSKiLL
09-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Knick fans mad.. Nobody hates the knicks, we hate the knick fans

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Melo is not a top15 player in the NBA.

he has been mediocre with his 2 years as a knicks player.

Jesse2272
09-25-2012, 12:53 PM

Melo is only 28 in his prime and simply coming off a bad year

Hell bounce back

simple as that hes still 1 of the elite scorers in the leauge

DoMeFavors
09-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Melo is only 28 in his prime and simply coming off a bad year

Hell bounce back

simple as that hes still 1 of the elite scorers in the leauge

He is young still but he is past his prime he will never have a season again like 09-10

DoMeFavors
09-25-2012, 12:57 PM
This. There are very few superstars in the League; calling Melo one is a disgrace to the 4 or 5 of them around.

Yep

Lebron,Wade,Dwight,Paul,Rose,Deron thats it

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Wade is a great player but he's not on Melo's level. He can't carry a team, Melo can. Yes he's a great defender and slick offensive player but we saw how he looked before lebron showed up

posts like this make knicks fans look bad

you guys are overrating Melo way too much. What has he done with his two seasons as a knick?

PleaseBeNice
09-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Melo over Wade? SERIOUSLY? Why why why??!?!

Jesse2272
09-25-2012, 01:00 PM
He is young still but he is past his prime he will never have a season again like 09-10

OK Miss Cleo

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Only one thing left to do Melo. Put it down this season and shut up all the critics, he needs to play with heart and help lead this Knick team deep into the playoffs.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Griffin at 14.

JayAllDay
09-25-2012, 01:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8419506/2012-nba-player-rankings-16-20

^ if ESPN PUTS HIM AT 17TH, who btw, are analysts who judge players for a living, and know 1000x more about player production/potential/ etc, and who happen to watch EVERY SINGLE GAME, if they rank melo at 17..

and it so happens that the only people having a problem with melo's ranking are either melo haters or melo lovers, well than, sir..

i am studying to be a brain surgeon, and i'd like you to be my first patient.

This means absolutely nothing. A ****** will say retaded things 1000 times. Don't care about the rankings, but ESPN is to sports what Fox News is to politics.

meloman1592
09-25-2012, 01:18 PM

Have u ever posted something that made sense? Like ever? In what world is 28 past someone's prime?

2-ONE-5
09-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Beckley Mason
@BeckleyMason Melo was part of exactly 1 lineup that posted a positive adjusted +/- last year

2-ONE-5
09-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Yep

Durant

shep33
09-25-2012, 01:29 PM
I like Melo, but ever since he's gone to the Knicks, they've essentially been a
.500 team with 1 win the playoffs (8 tries). It's not his fault entirely, I think the coaching changes, the lack of chemistry with Stat, and injuries have played an important role in the lack of success in New York.

At the same time though, if your a top 10 player in a significantly weaker conference, shouldn't you have more to show for yourself in terms of winning?

Cp3, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Iverson, etc. have gone further in the post season and really carried their teams by themselves with a way worse supporting cast. Kobe got LAL into the playoffs as the 7th and 8th seed in the west with an inconsistent Lamar Odom as their 2nd best player, and Luke Walton as their 3rd best player. Lebron took scrubs to the Finals out east, as did Iverson. Cp3 led the Hornets into the playoffs with a pretty bad cast in a couple years.

I like Melo, dude is a great offensive player, but he needs to step it up. I hope he sees his ranking and tears it up to prove that he's better, because I think he's a lot better than what he's shown in the past two years. But the truth is over the past two years he probably hasn't been a top 10 player, and last year in particular he wasn't even a top 15 player in my mind

Jesse2272
09-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Michael Scotto@MikeAScotto
ESPN gave Carmelo Anthony more motivation for a career year, in his prime at 28, after ranking the Knicks star at No. 17 in their #ESPNRank.

uprightciti
09-25-2012, 01:39 PM
it just blows my mind that someone like Dwight crybaby howard is considered such a great player when he literally folded up shop and quit on his ****ing team

or Deron Williams who has been quoted saying if the nets stayed in jersey he would have left...not to mention in 2 seasons has not lead his team to the playoffs

and then there is Bynum...and Pau....and Westbrook

there is no doubt in my mind that heads up Melo would win against all of those players

ESPN IS A JOKE IN THIS RATING ****

uprightciti
09-25-2012, 01:39 PM
it just blows my mind that someone like Dwight crybaby howard is considered such a great player when he literally folded up shop and quit on his ****ing team

or Deron Williams who has been quoted saying if the nets stayed in jersey he would have left...not to mention in 2 seasons has not lead his team to the playoffs

there is no doubt in my mind that heads up Melo would win against all of those players

2-ONE-5
09-25-2012, 01:51 PM

Lol Knicks fans

John Walls Era
09-25-2012, 01:57 PM
ESPN ranks Bosh over LMA, that's where it loses all credibility. Griffin over LMA? Are you kidding me? Can you get more star ****ed?

What has lma done that bosh hasnt?

And melo is probably a bit too low. Maybr 1 spot higher.

Im_in_Mia_bish
o.o

dude there is a reason why they work for ESPN, only the biggest sports news coverage, who maintain an image, and you don't..

just accept it, slap yourself for being biased, and move on with life bro.

its not healthy, ask Dr. Phil!

DoMeFavors
Have u ever posted something that made sense? Like ever? In what world is 28 past someone's prime?

Lots of players like Amare, Mike Bibby, Steve Francis, Juwan Howard, Tmac lots

John Walls Era
09-25-2012, 01:59 PM
ESPN gave Carmelo Anthony more motivation for a career year, in his prime at 28, after ranking the Knicks star at No. 17 in their #ESPNRank.

No one gives a ****. If hes only getting motivated now then hes a failure.

DoMeFavors
09-25-2012, 01:59 PM

How can playing 12 games in 2010-2011 season for Nets lead the team to the playoffs?
And how can he lead the injured Nets this past year to the playoffs?

PleaseBeNice
09-25-2012, 02:00 PM
How can playing 12 games in 2010-2011 season for Nets lead the team to the playoffs?
And how can he lead the injured Nets this past year to the playoffs?

eastern conference

iam brett favre
09-25-2012, 02:01 PM

The world of swimming, tennis, gymnastics, etc. etc.

godolphins
09-25-2012, 02:01 PM

Melo isn't better than Dwight, Westbook or Deron but you can debate that he's better than Pau and Bynum.

Swashcuff
09-25-2012, 02:05 PM
No one gives a ****. If hes only getting motivated now then hes a failure.

He's been motivated before. He's not the first professional athlete to have an issue with being motivated to play his very best.

NYKnicks4511
09-25-2012, 02:12 PM
I bet if Melo was a nugget he would be ranked like 8th or 9th at worst

Quit crying. What did he do last year to warrant a top 10 ranking? He's a great player no doubt, but he sure didn't show it last year, though we know he was injured for a good portion of it.

Sadds The Gr8
09-25-2012, 02:15 PM
no it doesnt need to be addressed. 17th is a fair ranking.

Antipod
09-25-2012, 02:16 PM
To get in that top 10 you need to be a winner or at least to be the man that takes his team deep into the PO almost every season. Till Melo doesn`t do that on a regular basis, he can`t be a top 10. That`s my honest opinion as a die hard nyk fan

KnickaBocka.44
09-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Melo isn't better than Dwight, Westbook or Deron but you can debate that he's better than Pau and Bynum.

You can definitely argue that he is better Deron. If Deron gets the benefit of the doubt for having a crap roster then Melo should also get the benefit of the doubt for playing through injuries with an often injured and carousel roster in addition to being asked to play point-forward part of the year.

But I came here to address that it's obvious Melo had a down year, partially because of the reasons I mentioned above. As a Knick fan who has been following him throughout the offseason, I think Melo knows that his reputation now depends on how good his team is. He's been working hard this summer and I think his focus is on winning more than anything, finally. He realizes that he doesn't have to do it alone and, most importantly, he has a roster full of guys he can trust.

People like to insist that Melo is selfish or that he's not a good passer, etc. But if those people watched the Knicks at the beginning of the year last year and saw how many open shots Landry Fields and Toney Douglas were missing after getting passes from Melo, they wouldn't be nearly as critical of Melo as they are.

Swashcuff
09-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Beckley Mason
@BeckleyMason Melo was part of exactly 1 lineup that posted a positive adjusted +/- last year

That tells me all I need to know about Melo's impact on winning last season. I'd like to see her source those are some nice stats I'd like to be privy to.

Not mad at ESPn

If more Knicks fans develop your type levelheadedness they'd be way less hated on PSD. For every Da Knicks, jimm120, Quietmoney, BklynKnicks3 etc there is a PSK, Roshan, Jesse, Khalifa21 (who doesn't seem to post here anymore) still a fan etc etc etc that makes up for the poor rep those other guys gives all Knicks fans. Problem is PSD most people don't remember the rational thinkers as much as they do the troll types.

I have been harder on Melo than most on this forum but that's because I like him as a player and have seen what he can do when he is really motivated and playing at his best. For the most part last season he was a far cry from that which is why he fell so badly. He was ranked about the same area in last off season CBS rankings and I (been called a Melo hater quite alot) defended him more than any Melo jockrider around here. The man is a good and possibly great offensive player he had a down year (for various reasons) and he fell as a result. That's only to be expected. Why can't the guys who worship him appreciate that. :shrug:

Daunter
09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Melo is top 15 period

KnickaBocka.44
09-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Melo is top 15 period

I agree, but the fact is that he didn't prove it last season and that's why his ranking is lower than we expect. These stupid rankings get done every offseason so it's not a lifetime achievement award.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I have him around there. The only problem I have is are the players that are behind him. I'd have Pau, LMA and Bosh ahead of him. I'd have Rondo behind him.

koreancabbage
09-25-2012, 02:47 PM
best quote was this one:

Royce Webb, ESPN NBA@RoyceWebb
Melo is No. 17 in #NBArank ... also his number of career playoff wins.
24 Sep 12

HAHAHAHA

Heatcheck
09-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Why does it need to be "addressed"? I don't really understand how this is thread worthy.

Would YOU wanna masturbate to the 17th ranked player in the nba?

seikou8
09-25-2012, 02:54 PM
to me he is 12-15 player
he has prove him self 1 playoff win wont get it done we brought him here to compete with Miami.melo has to play better defense and play his best all the time he has so much talent.

topdog
09-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Seriously?! Who the hell cares?! It's a friggin' for fun ranking. It has no effect whatsoever on your team's success.

I can honestly say that I was able to think up 16 guys I'd consider building a franchise around before him. Yes, he's a great ISO SCORER, but he does give much on defense and everything he gets you on offense could probably be gotten through moving the ball.

topdog
09-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I'd rather address the fact that Bosh is ranked behind him.

JNoel
09-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Lol why does it need to be "ADRESSED". If he were still in Denver, no one would even mention it at all.

John Walls Era
09-25-2012, 03:26 PM
He's been motivated before. He's not the first professional athlete to have an issue with being motivated to play his very best.

So r u agreeing or disagreeing with me that melo isnt going to come out blazing and tryin to prove them wrong?

LaLa_Land
09-25-2012, 03:33 PM

no chance in HELL that aldridge isn't better than both of those players...aldridge is top 12 IMO.

why do you think espn makes these rankings? because people talk about it...it creates controversy in itself.

You'd be hard pressed to try to make me believe that they don't purposely do certain things: like lin being excessively high, melo being 5 spots too low, blake freaking GRIFFIN being waaaay to high, and the aforementioned Aldridge issue.

It creates chatter, and it all circles back to the ESPN giant.

Swashcuff
09-25-2012, 03:40 PM
So r u agreeing or disagreeing with me that melo isnt going to come out blazing and tryin to prove them wrong?

No one has any clue how he's going to play he's just that inconsistent. I don't agree however that he's a failure.

29$JerZ
09-25-2012, 03:46 PM
He Had a down year, was terribly inconsistent even for his standards, and only has a month worth of good play for an entire season.

17 isn't an insult. He should be happy he didn't get dropped as low as Amar'e did for his terrible season.

It's funny how much fans take these rankings to heart.
When he plays like a star for an entire season and shows he can do what real superstars do like LBJ/CP3/Dwight/Durant/Wade have done and lead a team an entire year/post season he will get rid of that stigma. The excuses he gets are pathetic. Superstars don't let a team with the easiest schedule in the NBA fall behind .500 for the majority of the season.

allday823
09-25-2012, 03:48 PM
You are all effin haters i cant stand it. I must have read atleast 20 melo sucks and is overrated. Pretty sure he was the BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA that last month. He had a coach that didnt want him or know how to use him. I cannot wait for this guy to **** all over the league this year. Melo sucks? Name 3 guys in the NBA that are more clutch i ****ing dare you. Hate on NY all u want

PurpleJesus
09-25-2012, 03:48 PM
my god, do Knick fans really need to make a thread about everything?

PurpleJesus
09-25-2012, 03:49 PM
You are all effin haters i cant stand it. I must have read atleast 20 melo sucks and is overrated. Pretty sure he was the BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA that last month. He had a coach that didnt want him or know how to use him. I cannot wait for this guy to **** all over the league this year. Melo sucks? Name 3 guys in the NBA that are more clutch i ****ing dare you. Hate on NY all u want

New York fans are so smart, and completely rationale.

seikou8
09-25-2012, 03:57 PM
New York fans are so smart, and completely rationale.

thank you man :clap:

JNoel
09-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Lol

bucketss
09-25-2012, 04:02 PM
if he was in denver you'd probably agree with this.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Why do some fans need validation for their opinions? Carmelo Anthony, despite being given good rosters and coaches, has never won squat. He was part of a single lineup last year that produced a positive adjusted +/-. He is a polarizing player due to his scoring talents, but he just isn't a complete basketball player.

If you don't like the rankings, you can always come to PSD to see theirs, they love to overrate guys like Melo.

Corey
09-25-2012, 04:24 PM
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Howard
4. Paul
5. Wade
6. Kobe
7. Healthy Rose
8. Love
9. Westbrook
10. Dirk
11. Bynum
12. Williams
13. Garnett
14. Melo
15. Rondo

Not a bad list at all. Only omission is Aldridge. I think he's worthy of being in the top 15 after last season.

StarvingKnick22
09-25-2012, 04:24 PM
I honestly couldnt care less about anything ESPN reporters say.

PurpleJesus
09-25-2012, 04:28 PM
hmmm, eddy curry thread got shut down real quick. I dont know if Eddy Curry should be in the top 500. He isnt even on a team.

What do you guys thinks of Malcolm Lee's ranking at #404? I am a Timberwolves fan, so I am thinking of making a thread to defend my player and claim he should be higher.

JNoel
09-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Someone Domefavors and make a thread titled "Irrational Knick fans need to be addressed.";)

PurpleJesus
09-25-2012, 04:38 PM
lol

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 04:41 PM

And that is exactly how every fan should feel. Show an interest? Sure. Care that much about what a bunch of reporters at ESPN came up with for a ranking on your favorite player? WHY DO YOU CARE?

meloman1592
09-25-2012, 04:41 PM

this

D2theJ
09-25-2012, 04:45 PM
U Calm and collected?

Seriously. Read the posts -- he plays one side of the ball.

And not even all of that side, just the taking every shot part.

Melo is a very good player but until he plays defense and learns to play under a team concept he will never be elite, and probably never win a championship.

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2012, 04:48 PM
You can definitely argue that he is better Deron. If Deron gets the benefit of the doubt for having a crap roster then Melo should also get the benefit of the doubt for playing through injuries with an often injured and carousel roster in addition to being asked to play point-forward part of the year.

But I came here to address that it's obvious Melo had a down year, partially because of the reasons I mentioned above. As a Knick fan who has been following him throughout the offseason, I think Melo knows that his reputation now depends on how good his team is. He's been working hard this summer and I think his focus is on winning more than anything, finally. He realizes that he doesn't have to do it alone and, most importantly, he has a roster full of guys he can trust.

People like to insist that Melo is selfish or that he's not a good passer, etc. But if those people watched the Knicks at the beginning of the year last year and saw how many open shots Landry Fields and Toney Douglas were missing after getting passes from Melo, they wouldn't be nearly as critical of Melo as they are.

and you think players like Deron, Paul, Rose whose job is to distribute don't deal with this problem?

You think every pass they throw ends in an assist?

NYKnicksAllDay
09-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Seriously, why make this thread? This is pointless. Get over it. Melo isn't as good as you think he is.

PurpleJesus
09-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Seriously, why make this thread? This is pointless. Get over it. Melo isn't as good as you think he is.

How dare you talk bad about him! He plays for the Knicks!

Kashmir13579
09-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Its a vicious cycle. New York fans get no respect on here.

PurpleJesus
09-25-2012, 04:57 PM
they bring it on themselves.

NYYCowboys
09-25-2012, 04:57 PM
The OP thinks Melo is top 3 :facepalm: ..... While I think he's certainly better than 17th, I think he has a lot to prove this year, and if he does it he'll get back the respect he once had. If not that he probably deserves to be lower.

abe_froman
09-25-2012, 05:00 PM
isnt this more of a knick forum type of thread?

dunno why its here as if anyone is that interested or pissed other than knick fans.it might be a spot or 2 off but it's def in the wheelhouse of where he is and has always been(though he got very overrated around around the time of the trade rumors and ultimate trade)

NYKnicksAllDay
09-25-2012, 05:01 PM
How dare you talk bad about him! He plays for the Knicks!

My mistake. I forgot we're only allowed to say good things about him. PRAISE MELO! :worthy:

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Its a vicious cycle. New York fans get no respect on here.

There are some great Knicks fans here. Its the idiots they have the bring this crap on the rest of you guys. Sucks, but there is nothing you can do about it. I just try and sort through the garbage to get to the rational fans. Not that hard to do if you take a few minutes.

Tymathee
09-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Melo ain't that good. He's a great iso player but a horrible team player and a meh defender.

bucketss
09-25-2012, 05:02 PM
the op has said many times melo is the second best player in the league lol.

D2theJ
09-25-2012, 05:08 PM
and you think players like Deron, Paul, Rose whose job is to distribute don't deal with this problem?

You think every pass they throw ends in an assist?

Exactly. Its more than just passing to players when they're open. The reason guys like Nash, Paul, DWill, etc. get so many assists is because they put their teammates in the best position to score. They draw defenders and make smart, quick passes that hit players in spots where they can score easily. Whether thats in their shooters pocket for a jumper, or making a crisp bounce pass above to waist on a cut to the rim.

Lake_Show2416
09-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Melo sucks

Burgo
09-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Seriously.. it's just one dude's opinion designed used to give us something to read during the while there's no games to watch and to generate some chat.

Honestly, it's nothing to be upset about. If you're not happy with his ranking just hope he has a better season this time round and doesn't give the media any reason to drop him so low.

All I know is that if he starts to move the ball around a bit so that the rest of the team gets to shoot, he may not have to shoot over 2 defenders every time he has the ball and he could keep his PPG just as high while taking less shots.

Burgo
09-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Melo sucks

Maturity in it's purest form..

2-ONE-5
09-25-2012, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=Kashmir13579;23742275]Its a vicious cycle. New York fans get no respect on here.

why exactly do you deserve respect? majority of NYK fans on here think they Knicks are on elite team and that Melo and Stat are elite players when thats not the case. The Knicks havent been relevant in years despite their fans and the medias best efforts

PurpleJesus
09-25-2012, 05:41 PM
why exactly do you deserve respect? majority of NYK fans on here think they Knicks are on elite team and that Melo and Stat are elite players when thats not the case. The Knicks havent been relevant in years despite their fans and the medias best efforts

On top of that, the fans in NY act like basketball snobs. They try to claim they know a lot about basketball, just because they are from NY...yet, the make claims like Melo is the 2nd best player in the league.

DR_1
09-25-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm not Melo's number 1 fan, but he certainly shoud be higher than 17. But is this really a surprise? ESPN has the worst basketball analysts I've ever seen.

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-25-2012, 06:10 PM
On top of that, the fans in NY act like basketball snobs. They try to claim they know a lot about basketball, just because they are from NY...yet, the make claims like Melo is the 2nd best player in the league.

Our fan base is a mixed bag of rational posters and homers. The homers make it bad for everyone. There are some jealous small market team fans that are mad that the knicks get more attention than their squad and take their frustrations onto PSD.

BklynKnicks3
09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
dwill is now top 11 after avging less points rebounds steals and winning way less games and shooting a worse % what a disgrace

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-25-2012, 06:14 PM
BklynKnicks3,

You shouldn't take these rankings seriously. What counts is what your superstar Melo and your team the Knicks do this yr. They have a lot to prove with Amare leaving PHX in the summer of 2010 to get a max contract and Melo forcing his way to the Knicks.

It's time to put up or shut up. Melo has to prove that he's one of if not the best player in the world by being legitimately in the MVP discussion and leading his Knicks to one of the best records not just out East, but the entire NBA, and ultimately, getting the Knicks to the Conference Finals or NBA Finals and legitimately compete for a World Championship.

Then and only then will he receive the respect of his peers and fans of the NBA. You can't just force us to respect him and shove him down our throats. That's not what it's all about.

Quit defending the guy and being his spokesperson. Let the man prove it himself!

NYSpirit1
09-25-2012, 06:15 PM
People seem just mad in this forum they don't live in NYC, the greatest city in the world.

The Knicks & Melo get the same heat that the Yankees/Jets/Giants/Mets get in their world. People just love to hate New York for some reason, probably because they don't live there.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-25-2012, 06:18 PM
People seem just mad in this forum they don't live in NYC, the greatest city in the world.

The Knicks & Melo get the same heat that the Yankees/Jets/Giants/Mets get in their world. People just love to hate New York for some reason, probably because they don't live there.

LA is better than NY that's for sure.

There's just way too much media hype in New York with the media trying to shove things down the entire world's throat. It's a great place, but in many regards, it's a over-hyped and over-rated city. It's a city that doesn't see things much in the big picture when it comes to sports and general lifestyle.

LA is more of a chill place with diverse populations and culture and offers opportunities for many, the weather is probably the best (besides San Diego which I believe is #1).

New York is a overhyped media stock market crash waiting to happen.

29$JerZ
09-25-2012, 06:22 PM
LA is better than NY that's for sure.

There's just way too much media hype in New York with the media trying to shove things down the entire world's throat. It's a great place, but in many regards, it's a over-hyped and over-rated city. It's a city that doesn't see things much in the big picture when it comes to sports and general lifestyle.

LA is more of a chill place with diverse populations and culture and offers opportunities for many, the weather is probably the best (besides San Diego which I believe is #1).

New York is a overhyped media stock market crash waiting to happen.

Fanbases of other big city markets can't make that remark. That's 100% opinionated.

topdog
09-25-2012, 06:31 PM

Why? Because they don't consider a New York player in the top 10 based on basketball reasons?

Quite frankly, New York seems like a giant toilet to me. Sure, there are great metropolitan aspects to the state and city, but I can honestly say I have no interest in living in New York. New York "fans" like you give the rest a bad name. Amongst the biggest whiners/braggarts in the main forum are a particular pocket of Knicks fans.

TheIlladelph16
09-25-2012, 06:35 PM
This is an opinionated poll. While stats obviously play a huge role in determining where the players rank, it ultimately comes down to the opinion of basketball analysts. If you feel a player should be higher or lower... who cares? I am all for debate on this type of stuff, but to ****** and act as if your favorite player is being persecuted in an opinionated poll is a tad ridiculous.

He should probably be ranked somewhere between the creator's batsh*t insane ranking of #2 and ESPN's at #17. One way too high (and again batsh*t insane), and the later being a little too low.

PurpleJesus
09-25-2012, 06:51 PM

why dont people like the Knicks, or their fans? *** holes like this

Tumstock
09-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Yep

Deron does not belong on that list.. He is not even top 10 unless you're a Nets fan.

LeBron, Dwight, KD, Rose and Paul

Rockice_8
09-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Only one thing left to do Melo. Put it down this season and shut up all the critics, he needs to play with heart and help lead this Knick team deep into the playoffs.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. We can argue until our fingers fall off but its time for him to lead his team somewhere in the playoffs. I don't even care what his stats end up being, as long as he wins. He needs to change his image from the greedy stat guy to the do whatever to win/team player guy. To do it will take a good effort night in and night on the defensive end not just a game here or game there cause he's playing Lebron, it needs to be every night like some other stars.

I think he has the talent to be a top 5 player just not sure his attitude will let him get there though. Put up or shut up time in NY.

NYKnicksAllDay
09-25-2012, 07:09 PM

Oh grow the **** up douche. Not everyone is upset that we don't live in New York. Most don't give a ****. Melo gets heat because he's an underachieving, overrated, inefficient "superstar." Not because people are jealous that they don't live in New York.

Rockice_8
09-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Oh grow the **** up douche. Not everyone is upset that we don't live in New York. Most don't give a ****. Melo gets heat because he's an underachieving, overrated, inefficient "superstar." Not because people are jealous that they don't live in New York.

Yeah but you all want to live in Amsterdam "the greatest city in the world".

Bruno
09-25-2012, 07:16 PM

self pity and arrogance all wrapped up into one beautiful blanket. if i were in the business of quoting signatures, this would be at the head of the class.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Our fan base is a mixed bag of rational posters and homers. The homers make it bad for everyone. There are some jealous small market team fans that are mad that the knicks get more attention than their squad and take their frustrations onto PSD.

This is totally wrong. It has nothing to do with jealousy in the slightest. To tell you the truth, most teams fans don't even want all the media attention, it serves zero purpose outside causing its fanbase to overreact to every single signing/win/loss/event. However, we simply cannot believe how much the media cares about an average to below average team for so long, which is the case with the Knicks in particular. hell, all I heard this summer was how Tebow and the Jets would work, never hearing a word about the team just a few miles away, you know, the Superbowl champions, because the Jets are such a trainwreck, the media eats it up.

We aint jealous bud. Trust me.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 07:31 PM

And you guys wonder why the majority of the sports world outside NY can't stand you lol. This complete arrogance is exactly why.

BklynKnicks3
09-25-2012, 07:34 PM
u cant justify havin dwill top 10 n melo top 17 with any logic better stats and won is actually on a playoff team this is pure hate. Espn also knows to stick it to knick fans u big up the nets.
Nets improve knicks worse dwill top 10 melo 17th

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 07:42 PM
u cant justify havin dwill top 10 n melo top 17 with any logic better stats and won is actually on a playoff team this is pure hate. Espn also knows to stick it to knick fans u big up the nets.
Nets improve knicks worse dwill top 10 melo 17th

I don't think Deron was a top 15 player last year at all, but what the hell does that have to do with Melo? There is no case that can be made where Melo is a top 10 player. None. Top 15? Sure. I am fine with #17, he is finally being dropped for never developing past a me-first scorer, which he has been since day 1.

Gram
09-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Someone Domefavors and make a thread titled "Irrational Knick fans need to be addressed.";)

:laugh:

Gram
09-25-2012, 07:58 PM

:facepalm:

Gram
09-25-2012, 08:00 PM
The Knicks are BACK!

Gram
09-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Jereman Shumplin will lead them to the Finals!

Swashcuff
09-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Why can't all Knicks fans be like PSK, Roshan3ai, KoB, 29$jersey, NYKalltheway etc they know their **** better than most and actually understand how to accurately rate their team, players, coaching etc. These tools that perpetuate garbage in threads like these give ALL Knicks fans a bad name. PSD and all NBA forums will be worlds better without these guys.

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 08:08 PM
And you guys wonder why the majority of the sports world outside NY can't stand you lol. This complete arrogance is exactly why.

Everyone hating NY is what fuels the arrogance.

I see him as a mid teen player so this is somewhat accurate IMO.And hopefully Melo is just as insulted about this ranking as the OP and does something about it.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2012, 08:11 PM
absolutely, because i love melo's game, i personally think he is THE number 1 option in the Nba, for last second shot situations.

i do know last season he seemed sluggish and not in nba shape, especially during their horrid start.

time will tell this season now that he reportedly lost weight, and looks nba ready.

and the olympics, he was a spark, that team usa needed.
so he def has the tools to be 9-12 after next season.

As a side bar, this is the main question people ask when they compare Kobe or Micheal to Lebron. "Whos hands do you want the ball in with 5 seconds left" Well its been arguably Melo and it got him a 17th ranking. Bottom line, if this is your argument for why Kobe or Mike is better than Lebron, then you've already lost the argument. And honestly thats pretty much the only thing either of those two players have on Lebron. Oh and Melo has that on Lebron too. Dont mean a thing.

NYKnicksAllDay
09-25-2012, 08:12 PM

I see him as a mid teen player so this is somewhat accurate IMO.And hopefully Melo is just as insulted about this ranking as the OP and does something about it.

And the arrogance fuels the hate.

NYKnicksAllDay
09-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Why can't all Knicks fans be like PSK, Roshan3ai, KoB, 29$jersey, NYKalltheway etc they know their **** better than most and actually understand how to accurately rate their team, players, coaching etc. These tools that perpetuate garbage in threads like these give ALL Knicks fans a bad name. PSD and all NBA forums will be worlds better without these guys.

Yup. Or just revoke some of their thread making privileges. And ban NYSpirit. Definitely ban NYSpirit.

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 08:13 PM
And the arrogance fuels the hate.

It's a viscous circle :D

IKnowHoops
09-25-2012, 08:15 PM

Melo is a top 5 talent no doubt, but he puts a 15 product on the court do to his attitude and lack of focus, intensity, and in game IQ. Kind of like Shawn Kemp. There is just something mentally that he lacks on the court.

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 08:16 PM

Each fanbase has posters that give the team a bad name and add nothing but garbage to the threads. Example, see Gram. Don't know/care what team he roots for but he definitely reeks like a dumpster.

DoMeFavors
09-25-2012, 08:20 PM
I look at Melo like I look at Dairy Products they stay good for only a short amount of time before they get old and spoiled.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2012, 08:21 PM
I like Melo more in the 6-8 spot. The thing is Melo is one of the few people in the league that can outplay anyone on the court no matter who is on it including Lebron, Durant, Kobe, or D wade. Ive seen him outplay all those guys so I understand why NY is pissed. Especially since there are a couple guys ahead of him that cant outplay everyone on the court. But I also understand his 17 rating. If Melo plays to his potential every single night like Kobe, Durant, Lebron, and Wade, He could be as high as #2.

NYSpirit1
09-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Why? Because they don't consider a New York player in the top 10 based on basketball reasons?

Quite frankly, New York seems like a giant toilet to me. Sure, there are great metropolitan aspects to the state and city, but I can honestly say I have no interest in living in New York. New York "fans" like you give the rest a bad name. Amongst the biggest whiners/braggarts in the main forum are a particular pocket of Knicks fans.

No, because Melo was consistently ranked as 6-9th best player in Denver. Soon as he came to NY that changed. It doesn't surprise me that ESPN did that. Other sites rank Melo and the Knicks higher. ESPN seems like they have an agenda. They are based out of Connecticut. They have a main office in LA. They boast about Los Angeles teams all the time, but don't give the same respect to the NY teams. For some reason, they decided to base in Connecticut and LA, but not NY, which seems incredibly strange because Connecticut is so close to NY and usually major corporations reside in NY. Always felt like they have an agenda against the city. But anyway, why would there be constant hype day in, day out around 'Melodrama' for the '17th' best player in the league. Who would care in that case?

And NY is one of the most diverse, beautiful cities in the world. There are so many different aspects to love of the city. The atmosphere, the vibe, the fact you can be in somewhere so quiet as Tribeca but go to Times Square and it's hopping. The fact you can choose from a million different restaurants to eat or a million different dessert places to pig out at. There are beautiful views, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Empire State building and Wall Street. South Street Seaport is amazing. The opportunities, the jobs. NY has the best clubs. And what I said wasn't ignorant. New York has 9 sports teams and constantly is the talk of the media. And the Knicks, Yankees and Giants are historically one of the most hyped franchises in their respective sports. In NY, there is a lot of sports and a lot of fans. And I don't believe fans are more passionate about sports than they are in NY.

For all the reasons above, I believe that a small towner from Indiana or Maryland, would be envious of NY. Just my opinion. And a huge chunk of it probably has to do with the fact that the Knicks and Yankees are always in discussion for the big market free agents and you always hear that a player wants to go to NY, instead of a small market team. There's no way you can tell me a small market fan doesn't dislike that.

Go to a Knick game or a playoff Yankee game. There's nothing like it.

Swashcuff
09-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Yup. Or just revoke some of their thread making privileges. And ban NYSpirit. Definitely ban NYSpirit.

I'm really fighting the urge to have a petition started for his thread making rights to be taken away. One of the worst posters I've ever come across on PSD.

Swashcuff
09-25-2012, 08:36 PM
No, because Melo was consistently ranked as 6-9th best player in Denver. Soon as he came to NY that changed. It doesn't surprise me that ESPN did that. Other sites rank Melo and the Knicks higher. ESPN seems like they have an agenda. They are based out of Connecticut. They have a main office in LA. They boast about Los Angeles teams all the time, but don't give the same respect to the NY teams. For some reason, they decided to base in Connecticut and LA, but not NY, which seems incredibly strange because Connecticut is so close to NY and usually major corporations reside in NY. Always felt like they have an agenda against the city. But anyway, why would there be constant hype day in, day out around 'Melodrama' for the '17th' best player in the league. Who would care in that case?

And NY is one of the most diverse, beautiful cities in the world. There are so many different aspects to love of the city. The atmosphere, the vibe, the fact you can be in somewhere so quiet as Tribeca but go to Times Square and it's hopping. The fact you can choose from a million different restaurants to eat or a million different dessert places to pig out at. There are beautiful views, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Empire State building and Wall Street. South Street Seaport is amazing. The opportunities, the jobs. NY has the best clubs. And what I said wasn't ignorant. New York has 9 sports teams and constantly is the talk of the media. And the Knicks, Yankees and Giants are historically one of the most hyped franchises in their respective sports. In NY, there is a lot of sports and a lot of fans. And I don't believe fans are more passionate about sports than they are in NY.

For all the reasons above, I believe that a small towner from Indiana or Maryland, would be envious of NY. Just my opinion. And a huge chunk of it probably has to do with the fact that the Knicks and Yankees are always in discussion for the big market free agents and you always hear that a player wants to go to NY, instead of a small market team. There's no way you can tell me a small market fan doesn't dislike that.

Go to a Knick game or a playoff Yankee game. There's nothing like it.

Don't you think Melos drop in the ranking has anything to do with the fact that he's playing the worst ball of his career since becoming a Knick? Don't you think that has something to do with it.

If everyone is picking on Melo like you say why aren't they picking on Tyson Chandler as well or Jeremy Lin? You guys are a piece of work.

Melo is playing like **** as compared to what is expected of a player of his calibre which is why he s ranked where he is ranked it has NOTHING to do with who he's playing with only an ignoramus would think like that.

Evolution23
09-25-2012, 08:37 PM
No need to argue. The rest of the country hates us casue we're from NY. I don't blame them for living in crappy cities.

NYSpirit1
09-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Don't you think Melos drop in the ranking has anything to do with the fact that he's playing the worst ball of his career since becoming a Knick? Don't you think that has something to do with it.

If everyone is picking on Melo like you say why aren't they picking on Tyson Chandler as well or Jeremy Lin? You guys are a piece of work.

Melo is playing like **** as compared to what is expected of a player of his calibre which is why he s ranked where he is ranked it has NOTHING to do with who he's playing with only an ignoramus would think like that.

No, I don't. Melo finished the season incredibly strong and he was the MVP of March into April. He played amazing.

They didn't pick on Chandler and Lin, who are both media darlings, but they ranked Amare at no. 43 which is pathetic, considering they ranked him 12 last year.

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 08:40 PM
No, I don't. Melo finished the season incredibly strong and he was the MVP of March into April. He played amazing.

They didn't pick on Chandler and Lin, who are both media darlings, but they ranked Amare at no. 43 which is pathetic, considering they ranked him 12 last year.

Amare cracked the top 50? :dance:

NYSpirit1
09-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Amare cracked the top 50? :dance:

There we go. And people wonder why Knick fans come across as arrogant. Maybe it's because 90% of the forum is disrespectful and mocking of the entire roster, from Melo down to Jason Kidd.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 08:42 PM

You are trying to play the chicken and egg argument. No man, its the arrogance that fuels the hate. On top of that, lets be honest, the larger the fan bases, the more idiots who know nothing about the sport. I am a die hard Yankees fan, but I don't live in NY. Been there. Loved it. But so many New Yorkers act like its the greatest thing ever made, and everyone else is jealous they don't live there. Uhh, no, we aren't.

PurpleJesus
09-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Considering making a thread titled:

Where would Jeremy Lin rank among the all time greats with the NYK fanbase if he still played in New York.

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 08:44 PM
There we go. And people wonder why Knick fans come across as arrogant. Maybe it's because 90% of the forum is disrespectful and mocking of the entire roster, from Melo down to Jason Kidd.

1) I am a knick fan who was very disappointed in Amare

2) he is far and away my favorite current Knick

and 3) I was kidding.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Each fanbase has posters that give the team a bad name and add nothing but garbage to the threads. Example, see Gram. Don't know/care what team he roots for but he definitely reeks like a dumpster.

Did you ever read my fan percentage theory?

Every fan base has the following:
20% rational, intelligent fans
60% somewhat rational, can be homers at times, tend to stay out of arguments they know they have no business in
20% irrational idiots who are such homers they totally soil the opinion of every other fan base regarding that fanbase.

Now, we have what, 40-50 Wolves fans here? That means 8-10 of them fit the horrible description. Nobody remembers those 8.

We have what, 500 Knicks fans here? That means 100 posters are trolling the boards destroying the reputation of the other 80% of the fanbase.

Unfortunate, but that is how it works from what I can tell.

Mr Costanza

Where would Jeremy Lin rank among the all time greats with the NYK fanbase if he still played in New York.

Not better than the ninth best knick ever Nate Robinson!

Hawkeye15

It will be closed dude, lol.

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Did you ever read my fan percentage theory?

Every fan base has the following:
20% rational, intelligent fans
60% somewhat rational, can be homers at times, tend to stay out of arguments they know they have no business in
20% irrational idiots who are such homers they totally soil the opinion of every other fan base regarding that fanbase.

Now, we have what, 40-50 Wolves fans here? That means 8-10 of them fit the horrible description. Nobody remembers those 8.

We have what, 500 Knicks fans here? That means 100 posters are trolling the boards destroying the reputation of the other 80% of the fanbase.

Unfortunate, but that is how it works from what I can tell.

I like your math and concur.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 08:49 PM
No, because Melo was consistently ranked as 6-9th best player in Denver. Soon as he came to NY that changed.

Not true. I have never seen him higher than 8th. And that was a few years ago, when he was 25, seemingly had room to improve, so his rating was because he was having a good year, relatively speaking, and people thought he was on the cusp of being the next superstar. And then he decided to not improve, hold his team hostage, have a poor season, get hurt, and play inconsistently. His ranking has now dropped, people are not overwhelmed by his scoring potential anymore, and some young players like Love, Rose, Westbrook, Durant, have all now come into the league and bumped him. When you never improve, your ranking will eventually drop.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 08:51 PM
I like your math and concur.

I love your sig. My favorite baseball team, and favorite comedy of all time haha.

broncofangene
09-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Most of these players make others better. Melo takes away from other players with his horrible shot selections at times. Not a good passer, horrible defender, not a vocal leader, he deserves his spot.

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 08:52 PM
I love your sig. My favorite baseball team, and favorite comedy of all time haha.

Mine too, I was very proud of myself when I found it.

cuttydoesit6
09-25-2012, 08:53 PM
melo is on the cusp of the top 10. alot of younger talents are movin up yr after yr while melo doesnt have much to show for his talent n hes runnin out of time. hes still 1 of the deadliest scorers in the game without a doubt tho

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Mine too, I was very proud of myself when I found it.

I even remember that episode. Helping Bernie and Jeter with their swings haha. How about the "cotton uniforms" episode hahahaha

Swashcuff
09-25-2012, 08:56 PM

Does one month outweigh his entire season? Most of which was extremely poor play by his standards.

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 09:01 PM
I even remember that episode. Helping Bernie and Jeter with their swings haha. How about the "cotton uniforms" episode hahahaha

My favorite span of the show was when he worked for the Yankees.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 09:02 PM
My favorite span of the show was when he worked for the Yankees.

Mine too

"My secretary is making more than I am!"

NYKnicksAllDay
09-25-2012, 09:04 PM

So 1 month of play makes up for him playing like **** for the rest of the season? And 43 for Amar'e is about right considering he had a down year last year, and still doesn't play any defense at all. And what does him being ranked 13 last year have to do with it?

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Mine too

"My secretary is making more than I am!"

Ok last one I promise then back to why knick fans and Nyers are bad people;)

"My name is George Steinbrenner, I'm afraid I have some very sad news about your son."

"What the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for?!?!"

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Ok last one I promise then back to why knick fans and Nyers are bad people;)

"My name is George Steinbrenner, I'm afraid I have some very sad news about your son."

"What the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for?!?!"

hahahaha

MetroMan
09-25-2012, 09:16 PM
22ppg .430 fg . a 40 win team.

yeah sounds about right. They have Dirk, Rondo, Bynum, Griffin, & Gasol ahead of him. Melo should be above gasol only, all others are right. he should be at 16

dnewguy
09-25-2012, 09:18 PM
I'll assume that many of you were also surprised, I was expecting Melo to be ranked around 29th or 30th, somewhere right ahead of Kris Humpries. I am even more amazed that Humpries was no where near that rank. They lost all credibility when they ranked Bogut at 45...really? would anyone pick 44 players before Andrew Bogut?

Gram
09-25-2012, 09:21 PM

:laugh:

xxplayerxx23
09-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Melo is anywhere from 11-15. One bad season doesn't take him all the way down to 30 :pity: Your a fool ^

Mr. LA
09-25-2012, 09:22 PM
I know it needs to be adressed...He should be 25-30

Mr. LA
09-25-2012, 09:23 PM
22ppg .430 fg . a 40 win team.

yeah sounds about right. They have Dirk, Rondo, Bynum, Griffin, & Gasol ahead of him. Melo should be above gasol only, all others are right. he should be at 16

Gasol>>>>Dirk at this point
Dirk kind of sucks now

Mr Costanza
I know it needs to be adressed...He should be 25-30

You could make a thread about it?

Hawkeye15
I'll assume that many of you were also surprised, I was expecting Melo to be ranked around 29th or 30th, somewhere right ahead of Kris Humpries. I am even more amazed that Humpries was no where near that rank. They lost all credibility when they ranked Bogut at 45...really? would anyone pick 44 players before Andrew Bogut?

29-30? Seriously? I mean, I am hard as hell on Melo, but there is no way I have him outside top 15.

Gram
09-25-2012, 09:24 PM

I was gonna vm you but it seems that I can't. Thanks for the laugh good sir. I didn't know Knick fans hated me this much. :laugh: Or the NBA forum in general. :cool:

And hold on, how am I an example of giving my team a bad name if you don't even know what team I'm a fan of? :cool:

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Gasol>>>>Dirk at this point
Dirk kind of sucks now

Dirk is still the 2nd best PF in the game, and a top 10 player. He admits he was out of shape to start the season, but still produced top 10 player numbers imho.

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 09:25 PM
I was gonna vm you but it seems that I can't. Thanks for the laugh good sir. I didn't know Knick fans hated me this much. :laugh:

Alas I don't hate you, I was simply kidding around. But I am honored you quoted my post twice:D

xxplayerxx23
09-25-2012, 09:27 PM
For the laughs. Name 24 better then Melo. Ill wait.

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-25-2012, 09:28 PM
This is totally wrong. It has nothing to do with jealousy in the slightest. To tell you the truth, most teams fans don't even want all the media attention, it serves zero purpose outside causing its fanbase to overreact to every single signing/win/loss/event. However, we simply cannot believe how much the media cares about an average to below average team for so long, which is the case with the Knicks in particular. hell, all I heard this summer was how Tebow and the Jets would work, never hearing a word about the team just a few miles away, you know, the Superbowl champions, because the Jets are such a trainwreck, the media eats it up.

We aint jealous bud. Trust me.

Keyword in my post is SOME. Every1 isn't as rational as you are bud. Some people lead with emotion and its fine. If our irrational posters didn't exist you'd still see hate from some of these guys on here. When we really sucked and most of these new arrogant posters didn't exist it was still bad. These new guys just gave those types more fuel for their hate. Knicks have done nothing to be hated so much on. At least the Jets had a coach who is a cocky loudmouth and made to championship games. US nada in the past decade.

Gram
09-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Alas I don't hate you, I was simply kidding around. But I am honored you quoted my post twice:D

Lol my bad, thought you were being serious. I even edited my second comment to argue lol. S'all good playa. Nice to have a Knick fan nice to old Gram for once. :cool:

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Keyword in my post is SOME. Every1 isn't as rational as you are bud. Some people lead with emotion and its fine. If our irrational posters didn't exist you'd still see hate from some of these guys on here. When we really sucked and most of these new arrogant posters didn't exist it was still bad. These new guys just gave those types more fuel for their hate. Knicks have done nothing to be hated so much on. At least the Jets had a coach who is a cocky loudmouth and made to championship games. US nada in the past decade.

You posted a bad post, calling others jealous that they don't live in NY. I responded.

I believe you and I are on good terms, and have a mutual respect. We should keep it that way, I like interacting with rational fans.

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-25-2012, 09:33 PM
You posted a bad post, calling others jealous that they don't live in NY. I responded.

I believe you and I are on good terms, and have a mutual respect. We should keep it that way, I like interacting with rational fans.

Agreed.. And I didn't mean to offend.

Knicks21
09-25-2012, 09:34 PM
I dont have a problem with him being 17, its just you cannot make an argument for Rondo and to a lesser extent D Will ranked higher than him.

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Lol my bad, thought you were being serious. I even edited my second comment to argue lol. S'all good playa. Nice to have a Knick fan nice to old Gram for once. :cool:

It was a fantastic argument nonetheless. I'm curious to why you couldn't vm me though.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Agreed.. And I didn't mean to offend.

hey dude, I think it was you who I had an agreement with discussing Kahn, and the Wolves making the playoffs. I believe this is the year my window closes if we miss the playoffs.

Am I right??

Gram
09-25-2012, 09:35 PM

Gram
Geargo Wallace
mttwlsn16
itsripcity32
BlueJayFanDan
Blink
Sorin564
shyfly24
Lionsfan..LOL
benzni
FadedMario
Gators123
JWO35
GuySir
Number2Pick
Phenomenonsense
pistonsfanomg
RipCity32
spiggity_ace
tyfreak's brotha
StriveGreatness
Corey
Hawkeye15
Fly
Ezekial

Gram and his 23 favourite posters off the top of his head. I think they're way better at posting (and in some cases moderating) than Melo is at basketball. You mad bro? I am the saviour. /Thread.

Edit: Forgot my favourite mod LFLOL lol.

Gram
09-25-2012, 09:36 PM
It was a fantastic argument nonetheless. I'm curious to why you couldn't vm me though.

Thank you sir! And I have no idea lol.

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 09:37 PM
I said this before, if he is half as offended as some of the knick fans here and uses that anger on the court it could be a very good season for NY.

Its annoying to me that half of psd has penciled in the Heat and the Lakers in the finals. I'd love it if NY could compete with them and I believe it starts and ends with Melo.

justinnum1
09-25-2012, 09:39 PM
I said this before, if he is half as offended as some of the knick fans here and uses that anger on the court it could be a very good season for NY.

Its annoying to me that half of psd has penciled in the Heat and the Lakers in the finals. I'd love it if NY could compete with them and I believe it starts and ends with Melo.

Boston and miami ECF.

Fly
09-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Gram
Geargo Wallace
mttwlsn16
itsripcity32
BlueJayFanDan
Blink
Sorin564
shyfly24
benzni
FadedMario
Gators123
JWO35
GuySir
Number2Pick
Phenomenonsense
pistonsfanomg
RipCity32
spiggity_ace
tyfreak's brotha
StriveGreatness
Corey
Hawkeye15
Fly
Ezekial

Gram and his 23 favourite posters off the top of his head. I think they're way better at posting (and in some cases moderating) than Melo is at basketball. You mad bro? I am the saviour. /Thread.

:love:

xxplayerxx23
09-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Gram
Geargo Wallace
mttwlsn16
itsripcity32
BlueJayFanDan
Blink
Sorin564
shyfly24
benzni
FadedMario
Gators123
JWO35
GuySir
Number2Pick
Phenomenonsense
pistonsfanomg
RipCity32
spiggity_ace
tyfreak's brotha
StriveGreatness
Corey
Hawkeye15
Fly
Ezekial

Im a little mad that Im not on the list. :mad:

Gram
09-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Im a little mad that Im not on the list. :mad:

Haven't seen you post enough. :shrug:

Mr. LA
09-25-2012, 09:44 PM

Howard
Bryant
Nash
Gasol
Bosh
Wade
James
Rondo
Paul
Williams
Love
Griffin
Smith
Horford
Nowitzki
Bynum
Igoudala
Harden
Parker
Rose
Aldridge
Jefferson
Durant
Westbrook

It's hard to compare players that play different positions but I'd take any one of these guys over Melo for the upcoming NBA season

Lakers4life08
09-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Melo was average at best,but men,whats up with love of Deron Williams??he was very very poor last season....

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-25-2012, 09:46 PM
hey dude, I think it was you who I had an agreement with discussing Kahn, and the Wolves making the playoffs. I believe this is the year my window closes if we miss the playoffs.

Am I right??

Yessir, I'm glad to see I maybe wrong about Kahn.. But we also had a smaller one about Darko.. I'll be rooting for you guys 80 games this year

Mr Costanza
09-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Boston and miami ECF.

Your memory of 5 months ago is very impressive Justin, very impressive. :clap:

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Yessir, I'm glad to see I maybe wrong about Kahn.. But we also had a smaller one about Darko.. I'll be rooting for you guys 80 games this year

to be fair, I only defended the contract haha, not Darko. 7 footers who are 26 with a pulse get paid, period.

Darko. Ugh. Over/under 10 minutes into the 1st practice before KG shanks him.

dnewguy

How about 28?

xxplayerxx23
Howard
Bryant
Nash
Gasol
Bosh
Wade
James
Rondo
Paul
Williams
Love
Griffin
Smith
Horford
Nowitzki
Bynum
Igoudala
Harden
Parker
Rose
Aldridge
Jefferson
Durant
Westbrook

It's hard to compare players that play different positions but I'd take any one of these guys over Melo for the upcoming NBA season

Are you kidding. Bolded are no way. Parker, Rondo, bosh are no in my books your a funny guy, thinkng Nash and Gasol are better.

xxplayerxx23
09-25-2012, 09:58 PM
How about 28?

This should be good. go ahead.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Howard
Bryant
Nash
Gasol
Bosh
Wade
James
Rondo
Paul
Williams
Love
Griffin
Smith
Horford
Nowitzki
Bynum
Igoudala
Harden
Parker
Rose
Aldridge
Jefferson
Durant
Westbrook

assuming Williams is Deron, and Smith is Josh, plus the others, there is no case for the ones I bolded. None. Iggy, meh, maybe. Bosh, meh, maybe.

xxplayerxx23
09-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Smith Is Josh, hawk. What case is there for Nash or Gasol better at this point?Griffin? Parker and rondo have a case but IMO Im not ganna drop melo that low for one bad season.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Smith Is Josh, hawk. What case is there for Nash or Gasol better at this point?Griffin? Parker and rondo have a case but IMO Im not ganna drop melo that low for one bad season.

ugh, I even meant Josh haha. Still doesn't change my opinion.

Gasol is for sure better. Griffin, probably, but I can listen to that argument. Parker has a case for sure, Rondo is another I could listen to that debate. I have Melo around 14-15 at this point.

xxplayerxx23
09-25-2012, 10:06 PM
ugh, I even meant Josh haha. Still doesn't change my opinion.

Gasol is for sure better. Griffin, probably, but I can listen to that argument. Parker has a case for sure, Rondo is another I could listen to that debate. I have Melo around 14-15 at this point.

I disagree. Pau is not better, def wouldn't use for sure. Griffin meh, I could listen to an argument but I wouldn't say he is better. Parker I would say yes, after last year. Not a big Rondo fan, Idk I think melo is anywhere from 11-15 range IMO.

dnewguy
09-25-2012, 10:20 PM
This should be good. go ahead.

D wade, Kobe, Lebron, KD, Howard

D Rose, CP3, Westbrook, D will, Rondo

Drew Bogut, Drew Bynum, P Gasol, Blake Griffin

K Love, Steve Nash, KG, P Pierce, Bosh

Zach Randolf, Dirk Nowitski, Tony Parker, Iguodala

Tim Duncan, Ginobli, Marc Gasol, larmacus Aldridge, James Harden

and after this season, Kyrie Irvin and uni-brow man will be better. Out of respect i'll rank Melo higher than Brook Lopez and Jeremy Lin...even though Lin seem to be a better player than Melo when performance around same cast in taken into consideration.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 10:25 PM
I disagree. Pau is not better, def wouldn't use for sure. Griffin meh, I could listen to an argument but I wouldn't say he is better. Parker I would say yes, after last year. Not a big Rondo fan, Idk I think melo is anywhere from 11-15 range IMO.

Pau is clearly better, he is the one I would defend all day. There are some there I just don't care to defend, and would put Melo over.

The Lakers total mis-use of Pau has to be taken into account. Kobe playing hero ball and Mike giving Bynum twice the post touches over the clearly more effective Gasol hurt him this past season.

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-25-2012, 10:26 PM
to be fair, I only defended the contract haha, not Darko. 7 footers who are 26 with a pulse get paid, period.

Darko. Ugh. Over/under 10 minutes into the 1st practice before KG shanks him.

I think he finally shows up to piss every1 off

xxplayerxx23
09-25-2012, 10:26 PM

and after this season, Kyrie Irvin and uni-brow man will be better. Out of respect i'll rank Melo higher than Brook Lopez and Jeremy Lin...even though Lin seem to be a better player than Melo when performance around same cast in taken into consideration.

Um Bogut is not, No to Gasol, No to Griffin. No even close with Paul pierce. KG maybe, Nash no, ZBo no chance Marc Gasol no, LMA Meh, Harden no. Iggy nohat your rankings in order? I sure hope not. :puke:

metfan22
09-25-2012, 10:32 PM

What are you trying to say?! Im not a grammar geek or anything but is this the most coherent thing you could write? And your on a computer. :facepalm:

knicks=love
09-25-2012, 10:37 PM

:sad2:

bucketss
09-25-2012, 10:40 PM
What are you trying to say?! Im not a grammar geek or anything but is this the most coherent thing you could write? And your on a computer. :facepalm:

nah man hes typing on his htc maple.

TheIlladelph16
09-25-2012, 10:50 PM
nah man hes typing on his htc maple.

My theory is he has a typewriter hooked up to a computer screen

xxplayerxx23
09-25-2012, 10:58 PM

Looks for xx's name , doesn't find it :hide:

I Rock Shaqs
09-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Dang I could barely even understand what the OP said, I think he angry..

eman
09-25-2012, 11:00 PM
To paraphrase "Band of Brothers"; ESPN doesn't hate the New York Knicks, they just hate Melo.

seikou8
09-25-2012, 11:31 PM

are you for real and did just say lin might be a better player than melo what
just a another bangwagon heat fan please go away

meloman1592
09-25-2012, 11:36 PM

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dumbest post of the year

knicks_champ
09-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Once you join the Knicks you're considered overrated.. even though people will say (But he plays only one side of the court) when half the players ranked higher also do... but what can you do.

HeaTxRipZz
09-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Based on last season Melo's ranking is right on point. If he proves that he is better this season it'll go up. Not sure why people go crazy about others' opinions and create threads about it lol

This is the reason we get bashed in the NBA forum because some feel we have to overrate our stars. Not taking anything from Melo but 17 is where he should be possibly 15 but no higher at the moment

Kashmir13579
09-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Does one month outweigh his entire season? Most of which was extremely poor play by his standards.

by any standards

Kashmir13579
09-26-2012, 01:29 AM
There are some great Knicks fans here. Its the idiots they have the bring this crap on the rest of you guys. Sucks, but there is nothing you can do about it. I just try and sort through the garbage to get to the rational fans. Not that hard to do if you take a few minutes.

Its always the bklynknicks of the world that make these threads though..
:laugh2:

RC3
09-26-2012, 01:35 AM
If the knicks continue to be a mediocre .500 team next season, then he deserves this ranking.

Kashmir13579
09-26-2012, 01:39 AM
If the knicks continue to be a mediocre .500 team next season, then he deserves this ranking.

He deserves the Starbury treatment. :no:

PurpleJesus
09-26-2012, 01:43 AM
There are reasonable Knick posters, such as this Kashmir guy above me...but there are so many annoying ones, who, do things like...

Call you a hater if you have any criticism towards their team/coaches/players

Become too sensitive if you ^^^^^

Claim that every one hates them because (they claim) they are from the best city in the world, and every city other than NY sucks.

Claim that Melo is better than Durant

Get mad when you pick a team to beat them

Feel like you took something from them (See Ricky Rubio draft, where they thought they should have gotten Rubio 4 picks after the Wolves selection).

Think that every player in the league wants to play for them...because it is NY

Ignore salary cap, and think that they can form a top 3 out of thin air.

Feel like Amare is a good trade chip.

Feel like they know everything about basketball because they are from NY...which they will claim is the basketball capital of the world.

Feel like the signing of some insignificant veteran will put the over the top in the league.

Make one person the scapegoat of a failed season/era (see Isaiah Thomas and Mike D'antoni), and ignore that the players couldnt get it done.

Claim that everyone is jealous because they are in a small market.

Act like they have been the most relevant team the last couple decades, despite decades of mediocrity.

Claim opposing fan bases know nothing about basketball because they are a small market fan.

etc...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-26-2012, 02:07 AM

lmao:laugh:

Hawkeye15
09-26-2012, 02:35 AM
There are reasonable Knick posters, such as this Kashmir guy above me...but there are so many annoying ones, who, do things like...

Claim that every one hates them because (they claim) they are from the best city in the world, and every city other than NY sucks.

Feel like you took something from them (See Ricky Rubio draft, where they thought they should have gotten Rubio 4 picks after the Wolves selection).

Feel like they know everything about basketball because they are from NY...which they will claim is the basketball capital of the world.

Feel like the signing of some insignificant veteran will put the over the top in the league.

Make one person the scapegoat of a failed season/era (see Isaiah Thomas and Mike D'antoni), and ignore that the players couldnt get it done.

Act like they have been the most relevant team the last couple decades, despite decades of mediocrity.

Claim opposing fan bases know nothing about basketball because they are a small market fan.

etc...

If I weren't a mod, and didn't care about an infraction, I could list fans from every fanbase that are exactly like what you are describing. It's my 20%, remember?

One of my good friends is the biggest Houston homer I have ever seen. I can't even watch a Houston game with him, my favorite team in football. Its like sitting next to a irrational woman on a steroid period. According to him, Hakeem is the best player ever, Bagwell is a top 10 player of all time, and he wouldn't trade Scola for Love, and Mays should be suspended the year for his hit on Shaub last week.

At one point or another, I have been called a Kobe hater, a Lakers hater, a Knicks hater, a Melo hater, a Nets hater (that was new to me), an Iverson hater, a Rondo hater, a Celtics hater, the list goes on. Some fanbases just have irrational fans who thinks its their job to protect their team and their players like they are siblings, and those players are suddenly so much better when they join their team, but suddenly nothing but meh role players when they leave the team.

kdspurman
09-26-2012, 09:08 AM
I was a little surprised to hear this that's for sure. I don't think he's 17 but I wouldn't take it to heart, it is ESPN here...

What about Parker being 5th in MVP voting and ranking #16? lol... ESPN's rankings tend to be borderline ********.

koreancabbage
09-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Once you join the Knicks you're considered overrated.. even though people will say (But he plays only one side of the court) when half the players ranked higher also do... but what can you do.

Melo was overrated before he got to the Knicks.

Knick players are overrated cuz Knicks fans praise them to no end.

SteBO
09-26-2012, 09:26 AM
I was a little surprised to hear this that's for sure. I don't think he's 17 but I wouldn't take it to heart, it is ESPN here...

What about Parker being 5th in MVP voting and ranking #16? lol... ESPN's rankings tend to be borderline ********.
I hope this means I'm no longer a Melo hater for agreeing to have him just barely missing the top 10 on the annual player ranking PSD polls haha.

And I completely agree with you on the Tony Parker front. He was phenomenal last year, and he can't even make the top 15 on here or the ESPN player rankings.

BklynKnicks3
09-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Kashmir is anti Melo because he blames him for Lin being a rocket u cant take anything he says serious

nycericanguy
09-26-2012, 09:28 AM

etc...

There are 8 million people in NYC... so obviously we produce more trolls...lol.

But your post is just seemingly taking shots at NY fans in disguise...

80-90% of Knick posters are rational for the most part... and if theres one thing about Knick fans is we stick by our team. Our forum was very active even when we were a lottery team for decade.

The OP though really took the Melo rating to heart, not sure why... but he's outta control...lol. Melo was ranked more or less where he should be given his poor season last year.

jason17
09-26-2012, 09:32 AM
I hate New Yorkers to death.

nycericanguy
09-26-2012, 09:35 AM
I hate New Yorkers to death.

Get rid of all that hate... its bad for your heart. :p

Swashcuff
09-26-2012, 09:42 AM
There are 8 million people in NYC... so obviously we produce more trolls...lol.

But your post is just seemingly taking shots at NY fans in disguise...

80-90% of Knick posters are rational for the most part... and if theres one thing about Knick fans is we stick by our team. Our forum was very active even when we were a lottery team for decade.

The OP though really took the Melo rating to heart, not sure why... but he's outta control...lol. Melo was ranked more or less where he should be given his poor season last year.

That's certainly not the case on the forums that I am a part of. Though we have many disagreements I can agree that you're one of the more rational ones on here but there are so many guys that give the Knicks a bad look its hard to lose count.

I don't understand why some Melo fans just don't want to aknowledge the fact that he has been MUCH less of a player since joining the Knicks (for many various reasons of course) and its hurt his stock in a major way. People aren't thinking of him as less of a player because he's a Knick its because he has been underwhelming by the standards that he's set. Plain and simple. Even the biggest Melo jockrider should be able to come to terms with this.

kdspurman
09-26-2012, 09:50 AM
I hope this means I'm no longer a Melo hater for agreeing to have him just barely missing the top 10 on the annual player ranking PSD polls haha.

And I completely agree with you on the Tony Parker front. He was phenomenal last year, and he can't even make the top 15 on here or the ESPN player rankings.

:pity: Just a shame about TP but doesn't surprise me one bit tbh...

& I don't think that's Melo Haterish at all lol. If he becomes a more consistent well rounded player, that changes easily. I don't think I would've had someone like Blake Griffin higher than him at this point though but that's just me. Even Dirk @ # 11 is a joke after his year last year which further proves ESPN rankings are about as credible as the replacement refs.

Gram
09-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Kashmir is anti Melo because he blames him for Lin being a rocket u cant take anything he says serious

If Knick players saw how you and NYSpirit1 talk about them, they'd probably wanna be traded cause of humiliation of being grossly overated.

BklynKnicks3
09-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Now people can see how dumb espn is rose ranked 8 of mvp season and now ranked higher of torn acl misssing half a season. Kevin Love n his meaningless stats top 6 this is a disgrace

ClearSoulForce
09-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Dirk at 11 and Wade at 8 is laughable, really.

DanG
09-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Wade is ranked #8.... WOW

dnewguy
09-26-2012, 01:03 PM
It's funny how some players are judged differently than others. Somehow Rose became better than Wade over the course of a season that he barely played and wasn't even special. I believe Wade is the best SG in the league and should be in top 5.

Your thoughts..........

JordansBulls
09-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Its easier to put Wade 8th to make it easier for Lebron to be the top dog. If you put Wade in the top 5 then that doesn't help Lebron's case considering how the Heat barely won last season.

xxplayerxx23
09-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Love at 6-7 range is fine.

Raphael
09-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Wade's skills are diminishing. I think we will see a steep decline in his game this season.

dnewguy
09-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Its easier to put Wade 8th to make it easier for Lebron to be the top dog. If you put Wade in the top 5 then that doesn't help Lebron's case considering how the Heat barely won last season.

That don't even make sense. Now if you said they're using 'replacement' voters, that will be a better explanation.

dnewguy
09-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Wade's skills are diminishing. I think we will see a steep decline in his game this season.

didn't notice that...his role changed. If Wade was the main guy on the team, he'll still be averaging 28+, 7ast/g