PDA

View Full Version : Wolves ReDraft Playoffs: #1 Tropics vs. #8 Kleenex

AP=MVP
09-25-2012, 03:32 AM
This redraft was a 16-team redraft conducted in the Timberwolves forum. Please read the write-ups and vote objectively. Only posters with 100 or more posts will have their votes counted.

Tropics have home-court advantage in 7 game series.

Flint Tropics:
PG: Kyrie Irving / Jason Kidd / Iman Shumpert
SG: Iman Shumpert / O.J. Mayo / Chase Budinger
SF: Kevin Durant / Luc Mbah a Moute / Chase Budinger
PF: Al Horford / Brandon Bass / Udonis Haslem
C: Tyson Chandler / Al Horford / Joel Anthony

Prince Albert Kleenex:
PG: Chris Paul/Chauncey Billups
SG: Ray Allen/Courtney Lee/Delonte West
SF: Danny Granger/Wilson Chandler
PF: Al Jefferson/Kris Humphries
C: JaVale McGee/Spencer Hawes/Ben Wallace

Flint Write-Up:

How we slow down Chris Paul:
Iman Shumpert is one of the top man-to-man defenders that there is in the NBA. He is very good at staying in front of even the fastest guys in the NBA. Shumpert vs. Wade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1PNrIu2bEU) He also has amazing length to challenge shots and disrupt passing lanes.

How we slow down Al Jefferson:
Tyson Chandler won the Defensive Player of the Year last year for a reason and he will be matched up with their second best player most of the time. Al Horford will guard Jefferson some when we determine wed rather have Tyson guarding the rim.

How to stop the rest:
Kyrie Irving has proven to be a good defender in his rookie year and is fast enough and athletic enough to chase Ray Allen around and off of the screens that will be set for him. Danny Granger has proven to struggle facing superstars in the playoffs and Kevin Durant should wear him down and challenge him on defense like LeBron did last year. Granger wont have much left in the tank for offense and Durant has proven that he can be a very solid defender with his awesome length. JaVale McGee is not much of an offensive threat and is not a concern.

How do they stop us:
They dont. Kevin Durant is the best pure scorer in the NBA and will abuse Danny Granger throughout this series. Kyrie Irving has a tough matchup with Chris Paul but he will be able to keep Paul on him and away from trying to get steals because Irving is a very good shooter. Al Horford should really take advantage of Al Jefferson. Jefferson is a weak defender and Horford is among the most efficient post scorers in the league (20.7 PER in last full season). Tyson Chandler should be able to get some points inside when McGee loses track of where he is and leaves him open. Iman Shumpert will rely on fast breaks to score but with Ray Allen not as athletic as he once was that should allow for some points. Also OJ Mayo is instant offense off the bench.

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-25-2012, 03:50 AM
Kleenex is pretty damn solid, but the Tropics are just perfect all around.

topdog
09-25-2012, 04:10 AM
Too much for Prince Albert to handle. Granger will try to muddy things up with Durant, Paul may teach the youngster a thing or two, and Jefferson should put up some buckets, but Flint is just plain better on both sides of the ball.

Aleksandar
09-25-2012, 10:25 AM
My vote goes to Flit here, very balanced team. Kleenex is damn good all around, and has better bench. If I didn't see JaVale McGee in the starting lineup, I would even consider voting for them instead.

AP=MVP
09-25-2012, 03:44 PM
bump

Eagles4Lyfe
09-25-2012, 06:39 PM
How the heck did the Trophics even get that team, just wow

Mr.Nate30
09-25-2012, 06:41 PM
mah bad meant to vote Flint

Catfish1314
09-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Flint but I bet Paul would take it to six games or so.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2012, 09:03 PM
uh, the Tropics team is arguably the best I have ever seen in these re-drafts

Chacarron
09-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Where have I seen Paul + Big Al before? :D

Give me Flint though.

AP=MVP
09-26-2012, 02:14 AM
How the heck did the Trophics even get that team, just wow

uh, the Tropics team is arguably the best I have ever seen in these re-drafts

:bow:

AP=MVP
09-26-2012, 02:15 AM
So 26-1 score right now, I need to talk to NYKalltheway and figure out his reasoning for ruining the shutout

PurpleJesus
09-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Oh my god, how did the Flints end up with that team? Does this game work similar to a fantasy draft? and if so, how did this happen?

AP=MVP
09-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Oh my god, how did the Flints end up with that team? Does this game work similar to a fantasy draft? and if so, how did this happen?

It was a 16 team redraft, I got the 2nd pickk took KD, with the 15th pick of 2nd took Tyson, 2nd of 3rd took Kyrie, then traded up with 4th and 5th rounders to get extra 3rd and get Horford. Then with my 6th and 7th I took my SG combo