PDA

View Full Version : I'm wondering

Mr. LA
09-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Not trolling or being a homer lol seriously I'm not but I'm just wondering
Would the lakers off season acquisitions = the best starting lineup in the NBA... I mean oh my gosh what a freaking off season... lets compare them to some of the best NBA starting lineups....

Heat: Chalmers Wade James Bosh Haslem

Thunder: Westbrook Sefolosha Durant Ibaka Perkins

Celtics: Rondo Lee Pierce Bass Garnett

Spurs: Parker Leonard Green Duncan Blair

Bulls: Rose Hamilton Deng Boozer Noah

Nets: Williams Johnson Wallace Humphries Lopez

Knicks: Kidd Shumpert Anthony Stoudemire Chandler

then you have the lakers offseason

Lakers: Nash Meeks Clark Jamison Howard

Are the lakers offseason acquisitions the best starting linep in the NBA???

KnickNyKnick
09-24-2012, 07:47 PM
i would say they have the best starting line up. tons of talent off and on the bench.

IndyRealist
09-24-2012, 07:48 PM
No. If you're relying on Earl Clark (it is Earl, isn't it?) and Antwan Jamison to give you starters minutes, you're probably a lottery team. Jodie Meeks is useful in a limited, Kapono kind of way.

Mr Costanza
09-24-2012, 07:49 PM
If you have to start the thread with "not trolling" you are probably trolling.

xxplayerxx23
Anytime you wonder, I know the thread is going to get a :laugh: reaction out of any logical NBA fan.

douglas
The Los Angeles Lakers have a good starting lineup because they have a lot of good basketball players on their starting lineup. For instance, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard are really good basketball players in the starting lineup. But there are also other good players in the starting lineup.

Faneik
09-24-2012, 07:50 PM
miami is the team to beat, not the lakers.

Mr. LA
09-24-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm just thinking it's a chance because Howard has led magic scrubs to a 4th or 5th seed every year and Nash could make scrubs look like great players... plus Jamison is a great scorer...Meeks would benefit from Howard double teams and Nash getting him open looks and Earl Clark is a decent defender and Nash would make him look ok

xxplayerxx23
Your regular starting lineup isn't even the best in the game.

Mr Costanza
I'm just thinking it's a chance because Howard has led magic scrubs to a 4th or 5th seed every year and Nash could make scrubs look like great players... plus Jamison is a great scorer...Meeks would benefit from Howard double teams and Nash getting him open looks and Earl Clark is a decent defender and Nash would make him look ok

Troll?

bholly
09-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Not even close. Way too weak 2 through 4. Doesn't come even close to MIA, OKC, etc.

I know you don't think you're trolling, but you're so blindly pro-LAL that everyone has to assume you are - there's just no way this is a serious question from anyone without a huge bias.

Mr. LA
09-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Your regular starting lineup isn't even the best in the game.

lol suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure it isn't ;)

bucketss
09-24-2012, 07:54 PM
booooooooooo!!!

Mr. LA
Not even close. Way too weak 2 through 4. Doesn't come even close to MIA, OKC, etc.

I know you don't think you're trolling, but you're so blindly pro-LAL that everyone has to assume you are - there's just no way this is a serious question from anyone without a huge bias.

It's not that bad of a question if you actually think about it

Lakers2000
We shall soon see. Teams win championships.. Not individuals.

Mr Costanza
09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
You're like a hybrid of D12fan, domefavors, and nyspirit.

JNoel
09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers have a good starting lineup because they have a lot of good basketball players on their starting lineup. For instance, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard are really good basketball players in the starting lineup. But there are also other good players in the starting lineup.

Lmfao

Mr. LA
09-24-2012, 07:56 PM
We should do it... a bench of Blake Bryant Peace Gasol and Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cal827
09-24-2012, 07:59 PM
You're like a hybrid of D12fan, domefavors, and nyspirit.

Don't forget Nikdymez!

Also, Douglas has spoken, this thread is over. Mods, close this ****

bucketss
09-24-2012, 07:59 PM
*plays kurt angle theme song* YOU SUCK!!.. YOU SUCK!!... YOU SUCK!!!

:D

JNoel
09-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Lmao any thread that Douglas posts in need to be shut down immediately...

ACanadian
09-24-2012, 08:19 PM

Nailed it,
/thread

Avenged
09-24-2012, 10:09 PM

bingo.

--23--
09-24-2012, 10:16 PM

/Thread

DoMeFavors
09-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Lakers are nice but I would take Nets and Heat over them.

TheSource
09-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Games are played on the court, not on paper.

Lakers chemistry is nothing for Lakers fans to be worrying about, and it's not something Lakers' haters should be depending on for them to lose. Only thing I'm scared about is how Howard will come off his injury and if the Lakers can be injury-free this season. Not a good start with Steve Blake out, eh?

I'm not saying the Lakers will win their first year together, but I see them blending together as much as the Celtics in 07-08, rather than the Heat in 10-11.

Rush
09-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? Another thread about YOUR team? All you do is make threads in the main forum, MLB or NBA, about YOUR favorite team. This is why teams have their own forum, to discuss things like this in their forum.

When can this guy be banned or something? This is seriously ****ing annoying.

But I think it's hilarious when he says:

Not trolling or being a homer lol seriously I'm not but I'm just wondering

When it's obvious he's one of the biggest homers on here.

Ill21
09-24-2012, 11:35 PM

How could you possibly take the Nets over the lakers?

Cal827
09-24-2012, 11:45 PM
How could you possibly take the Nets over the lakers?

Lol, do you even have to ask?

PurpleJesus
09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Yes, the Lakers are the best team on paper right now.

Miami is still the team to beat though.

MrfadeawayJB
09-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Got to agree with douglas on this one! :laugh:

bholly
09-25-2012, 01:10 AM
It's not that bad of a question if you actually think about it

No I've thought about it and it really is that bad of a question. It isn't even close. The only reason you think it's close enough to ask (or that it's relevant even if it were true) is because of your homerism.

Mr. LA
09-25-2012, 01:24 AM
No I've thought about it and it really is that bad of a question. It isn't even close. The only reason you think it's close enough to ask (or that it's relevant even if it were true) is because of your homerism.

Their are no faults in that starting lineup.... They can score...they can defend...they can rebound...they can pass...they can shoot....they can do anything. Nash and Howard are as good as anyone else's big 2 then you have Jamison who can score 20 a game... Meeks and Clark would greatly benefit from those 3 as well..they can match up with anyone

5ass
09-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Their are no faults in that starting lineup.... They can score...they can defend...they can rebound...they can pass...they can shoot....they can do anything. Nash and Howard are as good as anyone else's big 2 then you have Jamison who can score 20 a game... Meeks and Clark would greatly benefit from those 3 as well..they can match up with anyone

Nobody is arguing that they won't be good. They probably would be contenders, but they're not good enough to beat OKC and Miami.

Mr. LA
09-25-2012, 01:48 AM
Nobody is arguing that they won't be good. They probably would be contenders, but they're not good enough to beat OKC and Miami.

exactly. So adding Gasol, Hill, Blake, Bryant, and Peace to that doesn't equal easy championship?

SportsFanatic10
09-25-2012, 03:11 AM
lol nope

bholly
09-25-2012, 03:42 AM

:rolleyes:

Edit: you know what, forget the rest of the write up. Enjoy your time here.

Gram
09-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Just another reason to praise the Lakers. :rolleyes:

Gram
09-25-2012, 11:07 AM

:facepalm:

TheIlladelph16
09-25-2012, 02:23 PM

Dwight and Kobe (debatable I guess) are better than any player currently on the Nets roster. Lopez and Humphries don't hold a candle to a big man like Pau. They also have a far better bench. So.... just no.

No faults? Blind homerism at its finest. Potential Lakers issues:

1) Nash, Kobe, Pau, and MWP are all over 30 and past their primes for starters. That will take its toll on this team at a certain point. Health is a key factor in winning a championship.
2) MWP is literally a crazy person and he has steadily declined. His defense still gives him some value but at a certain age that goes too.
3) When the hell was the last time Jamison is giving any team 20 a night? Even when he was they were typically ****** teams on which someone HAD to score. Good bench piece, but he is not giving you 20 a night.
4) Nash, who I love and respect the hell out of, is almost 40 years old and hasn't ever been good at defense. It has only gotten significantly worse with age.
5) Jodie Meeks was so good the Sixers didn't even want him on their bench. Good luck with that one. (hint: He is garbage)

You also have the potential for chemistry issues, lingering back issues for Dwight, Kobe's ego and sometimes chucker ways, etc. They have a lot of talent on paper, but your just flat out wrong there are no faults with the starting lineup.

naps
09-25-2012, 04:36 PM
This guy is making people like Lakers even more ;) Keep it up fella.

Gram
09-25-2012, 07:31 PM
This guy is making people like Lakers even more ;) Keep it up fella.

Lol Lakers.