PDA

View Full Version : Why wouldn't....?

Mr. LA
09-23-2012, 10:02 PM
I was thinking about it...

Why woudn't the Lakers win the championship this year????
rather how wouldn't we?
why wouldn't we????

Steve Nash is still the best point guard in the NBA (maybe Rondo, Rose, Williams have a case but I'd still take Steve)

Kobe Bryant is still easily the best shooting guard in the NBA (maybe....nope he definitely is)

Metta World Peace isn't a top 5 small forward but he is the one that would be guarding James, Durant, Melo, etc.) I'll take Metta's defense at this position over anyone (including James, Iggy, T.Allen, etc.)

Pau Gasol might be the best power forward in the NBA because I really can't think of one better that isn't either old as dirt or on a team where he is the only good player hence the great statistics

Dwight Howard is hands down the best center in the NBA

The Bench is also excellent as you have Blake/Duhon, Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison, and Hill... They all can start in this league and have started before!

This isn't a trolling thread or a homer thread...I'm just honestly asking how the heck we wouldn't win it all? Don't give me excuses liuke no chemistry either because first of all... Nash is the best distributer of all time, Gasol loves to pass, Metta is a willing passer and so is Howard...besides.. Metta and Dwight are mostly for defense... Kobe is the only one who is going to want to shoot the ball a lot and besides, he averages 5 assists a season...can you name another shootin guard who averages 5 assist a season?

So can somewhere please let me know how we wouldnt win it all? Thank you!!!

xxplayerxx23
09-23-2012, 10:08 PM
:laugh2:
Paul Deron Westy Rose>>Nash
Wade>Kobe
METTA SUCKS ON DEFENSE
3 or 4 PFs def better then Gasol
Howard your right for once. But LA isn't even the favorite in the west

NYKnicksAllDay
09-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Because OKC and Miami are both probably better.

IndyRealist
09-23-2012, 10:21 PM
-At some point in time, Nash's back is going to give out and he'll stop being effective.

-Kobe started declining last year. The way he plays through injuries, it's going to happen fast.

-Artest can't stay in front of most SF's these days, let alone Lebron or Durant.

-Pau is a gifted offensive PF, and now he's going to get even less touches.

-Dwight IS the best C in the league. But he's not drastically better than Bynum was last year. Maybe last year was a fluke with all the distractions going on, but who knows.

Mike Brown doesn't seem to be a very good coach. He has zero control over his players.

You can argue every single one of those points, and you wouldn't be wrong. But if even ONE of them is right, the Lakers are not a lock for a title.

bucketss
09-23-2012, 10:22 PM
i agree.

NYKnickFanatic
09-23-2012, 10:29 PM
I stopped reading after you said you wouldnt take James' defense over MWP.

jerellh528
09-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Your making our fan base look bad man, we all know were favored to win the finals. A lot of people are hating right now, just be humble.

bucketss
09-23-2012, 10:54 PM
favored by who?

jerellh528
09-23-2012, 10:55 PM
favored by who?

vegas

xxplayerxx23
09-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Um Heat and thunder>lakers

JNoel
09-23-2012, 11:01 PM
A random invisible chess game appears

sixer04fan
09-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Dog **** >>> this thread

bucketss
09-23-2012, 11:03 PM
i hope you're not a betting man.

DoMeFavors
09-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Such a poor attempt, I see through your BS so easy.

JNoel
09-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Metta World War is going to injure all his Laker teammates, hence starting a world war in real life, causing China to nuke staples center, further killing more Laker players, and then Scalabrine becomes president of the USA and sends our whole country into outer space saving us from external damnation.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-23-2012, 11:11 PM

rather how wouldn't we?
why wouldn't we????

Steve Nash is still the best point guard in the NBA (maybe Rondo, Rose, Williams have a case but I'd still take Steve)

Kobe Bryant is still easily the best shooting guard in the NBA (maybe....nope he definitely is)

Metta World Peace isn't a top 5 small forward but he is the one that would be guarding James, Durant, Melo, etc.) I'll take Metta's defense at this position over anyone (including James, Iggy, T.Allen, etc.)

Pau Gasol might be the best power forward in the NBA because I really can't think of one better that isn't either old as dirt or on a team where he is the only good player hence the great statistics

The Bench is also excellent as you have Blake/Duhon, Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison, and Hill... They all can start in this league and have started before!

This isn't a trolling thread or a homer thread...I'm just honestly asking how the heck we wouldn't win it all? Don't give me excuses liuke no chemistry either because first of all... Nash is the best distributer of all time, Gasol loves to pass, Metta is a willing passer and so is Howard...besides.. Metta and Dwight are mostly for defense... Kobe is the only one who is going to want to shoot the ball a lot and besides, he averages 5 assists a season...can you name another shootin guard who averages 5 assist a season?

:facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Your making our fan base look bad man, we all know were favored to win the finals. A lot of people are hating right now, just be humble.

vegas

ACanadian
09-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Boo this man!!

ACanadian
09-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Boooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

bucketss
09-23-2012, 11:22 PM
boooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Piercefan34
09-23-2012, 11:25 PM
boo

dee279
09-23-2012, 11:39 PM
I stopped reading after you said you wouldnt take James' defense over MWP.

Lol dats where i stopped too. He surprised me with the Nash still best PG, im not going to comment on the Kobe best SG comment because im a Wade fan and feel he is an all around better player then Kobe is but saying MWP is a better defender then Lebron, Iggy and etc. is just CRAY.

dee279
09-23-2012, 11:41 PM

I second that.

dee279
09-23-2012, 11:44 PM

rather how wouldn't we?
why wouldn't we????

Its your opinion and i know that and your open to your opinion and also i dont name call but boy you really was almost forcing my hand. Im just going to call you a very illinformed person and go bout my bidness.

J4KOP99
09-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Just know that the majority of Lakers fans do not share the opinion of this "Lakers" fan

topdog
09-23-2012, 11:55 PM
If you use "we" in the first post, it's probably too homerish of a topic for the main forum.

Rush
09-24-2012, 12:10 AM
This guy is a Grade A homer. He makes threads only about his teams (Lakers, Dodgers) and they're about how good they are. I wish this "ill informed" poster could be permabanned.

JNA17
09-24-2012, 12:17 AM
close this thread and possibly ban the trolling OP. :facepalm:

Mr. LA
09-24-2012, 01:13 AM
It's funny how all of a sudden the lakers get Nash and he's suddenly not the best point guard anymore and Lebron is a very overrated defender... He is a good defender because he can guard 1 through 5 but.... he can't guard any of the positions very well... for example Pau Gasol destroyed James in the finals between Spain and the Usa! Nash would blow right by him, Peace is a lot stronger then him, Howard would obviously dismantle him, and Kobe is way to crafty for James...he can't really guard any laker......
while Peace could easily lock up any Heat player!!!!

NoahH
09-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Paul deron westy rose>>nash
wade>kobe
metta sucks on defense
3 or 4 pfs def better then gasol
howard your right for once. But la isn't even the favorite in the west

+1

Guppyfighter
09-24-2012, 01:16 AM
It's funny how all of a sudden the lakers get Nash and he's suddenly not the best point guard anymore and Lebron is a very overrated defender... He is a good defender because he can guard 1 through 5 but.... he can't guard any of the positions very well... for example Pau Gasol destroyed James in the finals between Spain and the Usa! Nash would blow right by him, Peace is a lot stronger then him, Howard would obviously dismantle him, and Kobe is way to crafty for James...he can't really guard any laker......

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Mr. LA
09-24-2012, 01:21 AM
+1

Name the power forwards better then Gasol
and I know you're a Heat fan and all but I'm sorry... Wade is not better then Bryant or you would've won the title easier then you did....

Chalmers/Wade/Battier/James/Bosh >> Chalmers/Bryant/Battier/James/Bosh??????????? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!

Paul's stats were similar to Jeremy Lin's stats lolololol Paul is vastly overrated....Nash is the #1 point guard!!!

Peace sucks at defense????? no comment lol

Damn right Howard's the best!

seikou8
09-24-2012, 01:24 AM
and I know you're a Heat fan and all but I'm sorry... Wade is not better then Bryant or you would've won the title easier then you did....

Chalmers/Wade/Battier/James/Bosh >> Chalmers/Bryant/Battier/James/Bosh??????????? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!

Paul's stats were similar to Jeremy Lin's stats lolololol Paul is vastly overrated....Nash is the #1 point guard!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: man

Rush
09-24-2012, 01:31 AM
This kid must be like 12 years old.

Dade County
09-24-2012, 01:53 AM
HEAT...

I didn't have to read your post.

Dade County
09-24-2012, 01:58 AM

Wade was hurt and the HEAT still won in 5 games.

He was playing on one league, he had to have treatment on his knee before every game.

and you are a :laugh:

dee279
09-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Ok he went from ill informed to straight blind. I would call you worst Mr. LA but i dont name call. Anyways Steve Nash is a great shooter, and great passer but as good as he is on offense, hes 10 times worst on defense. You cant be #1 at your position if all you do is play 1 side of the ball.

Now to Metta. If you really think im going to believe you would pick MWP over Lebron or IGgy to guard the other teams best player... Just trust me, i dont believe it. Now if you would actually do that, i would have to break a rule of mine and name call. MWP is not the Ron Artest of old. Hes not quick enough to guard like he used to so he has to try to bully players and that dont always work.

As for Pau Gasol, i would pick K. Love, C. Bosh, Z. Randolph, and Dirk over Pau Gasol. I might would even pick Josh Smith, Blake Griffin and KG over him if KG would steady play like he did in the playoffs.

Cant say nothing about DH. He is the best in the business but he does not really have much competition. Bynum and Cousins is probably his only main comp and they are both 2 year olds in 7 foot bodies. Atleaat DH has a 12 year old in his body.

Mr. LA
09-24-2012, 02:02 AM
metta world peace is back to old (ron artest) form... you'll see he will a top 25 player in the nba this year

Quinnsanity
09-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Of the 14,000 things that are wrong with this thread, here's one more I want to point out: Nash is the best distributor of all time? Really? Because there's a guy named Magic Johnson who would disagree with you on that one. Your whole fanbase would probably take his side.

dee279
09-24-2012, 02:11 AM
metta world peace is back to old (ron artest) form... you'll see he will a top 25 player in the nba this year

Top 25 player!!! You... Youu... YOU BIG DUMMY HEAD!!!

Now see what you made me do... Ugh! Dammit I need a drink and Mr. LA roll me up one of them blunts up too. With the Things you be saying, i know you must stay high so pass it.

Rush
09-24-2012, 02:20 AM

How old are you? Just curious of the demographic on here.

Mr. LA
09-24-2012, 02:26 AM
i'm 19 actually

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-24-2012, 02:38 AM
metta world war is going to injure all his laker teammates, hence starting a world war in real life, causing china to nuke staples center, further killing more laker players, and then scalabrine becomes president of the usa and sends our whole country into outer space saving us from external damnation.

lmfao

seikou8
09-24-2012, 03:00 AM

:laugh::laugh: the biggest homer on psd you made my night even better

naps
09-24-2012, 04:39 AM
Because of Miami Heat. Because of OKC.

/Thread.

naps
09-24-2012, 04:40 AM
So damn nsecure so desperate for validation before even playing a game. Been there, seen that. My sig also speaks loud for this thread.

Alayla
09-24-2012, 10:29 AM

1. Have you ever heardof chris paul he's been better then nash for years now then d will rose Westbrook and mabye. Parker I would take Nash over Rondo this year however. This is nothing sudden Nash hasn't been the number 1 PG in ages. 2.As for mettas D you have to stop living in the past his D has been falling off a cliff the past 3 years I take Iggy LBJ Ta sumpemt hell pretty much any abouve average wing defender over him at this point in his carrer. 3. For the 3rd time now you need to stop living in the past Kobe isn't even the best 2 anymore let alone the best player kobe may get back to being a top 5 player however with his. Much improved cast but that remains to be seen for now LBJ Howard (who you have) CP3 Durant Kevin love and D Wade are. All better
4. I have to wonder how you think gasol is the best 4 in the nba...Love Griffin LMA and KG exist you know
Finally I have no arugements on the Howard front he will be a huge Defensive upgrade to bynum and a slight upgrade on offense. All and all this team could go all the way but they are far from a lock to do so.

bucketss
09-24-2012, 04:55 PM
i don't know what worse the op or the posters still responding to this guy seriously.

jerellh528
09-24-2012, 04:57 PM
So damn nsecure so desperate for validation before even playing a game. Been there, seen that. My sig also speaks loud for this thread.

At the end of your sig the kid said If you ask me...whats wrong with the dude having that opinion?
If you were lurking these forums when the HEAT debacle went down wayyyyy worse **** was being said lol, it was unbearable.

SteBO
09-24-2012, 05:02 PM
1) You're being extremely dismissive of the other elite teams in the league that are very much capable of beating LA (you know the ones I'm talking about).

2) Did you really say Ron Artest is going to be a top 25 player this year? Seriously?

3) I'm closing this because you're clearly just trolling at this point. The response in here say it all......