PDA

View Full Version : Wolves ReDraft Playoffs: #2 Akron vs. #7 Jazz Kittens

AP=MVP
09-23-2012, 03:27 AM
This redraft was a 16-team redraft conducted in the Timberwolves forum. Please read the write-ups and vote objectively. Only posters with 100 or more posts will have their votes counted.

Akron has home-court advantage in 7 game series.

Akron:
PG: Stephen Curry/George Hill
SG: James Harden/Gerald Henderson
SF: Lebron James/Richard Jefferson
PF: Zach Randolph/Marcus Camby
C: Brook Lopez/Kendrick Perkins/Chris Kaman

Jazz Kittens
C: Tim Duncan || Zaza Pachulia || Kosta Koufos
PF: Dirk Nowitzki || Kenneth Faried
SF: Shawn Marion || Danny Green
SG: Thabo Sefolosha || Klay Thompson || Shannon Brown
PG: Ty Lawson || Lou Williams

AP=MVP
09-23-2012, 03:43 AM
I want to here arguments in this series. I think the Kitties can pull the upset but whoever sways me with their arguments will win my vote.

raiderposting
09-23-2012, 03:52 AM
if akron is number 2 i want to see who is number 1. Akron is one of the best redraft teams i've ever seen.

Chacarron
09-23-2012, 03:54 AM
Meant to vote for Akron.

AP=MVP
09-23-2012, 04:18 AM
if akron is number 2 i want to see who is number 1. Akron is one of the best redraft teams i've ever seen.

Yours truly and you will see

Killerjug
09-23-2012, 10:29 AM

only 16 teams man not 32 lol teams are far more stacked

xxplayerxx23
09-23-2012, 11:17 AM
I wasn't impressed with the Lebron team at all. Its a 16 team RD so ofcourse its stacked like all the others but people see Lebron and assume they win.
Any way I went Kittens
You have Marion who has shown he can slow down anybody still. Thabo would give Harden all kinds of trouble, Timmy D would slow down Lopez. Dirk and Zbo would go at it but I think Dirk would do more then ZBO. Having somebody slow down Lebron is huge!I like the Kittens they matchup well here.

topdog
09-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Lebron is obviously great an' all, but the rest of his team is going to have some trouble in this match-up:

Steph Curry has faced a plethora of injuries the last couple years and it's uncertain how well he'll hold up against more physical playoff defense. Opposite him, Lawson is playoff tested and could be too much speed for Akron to contain being that Lopez/Randolph aren't going to erase too many shots.

Thabo should be a great cover on Harden since he's played with the Beard for a couple years now and knows his tricks. That's not saying that Curry or Harden won't get looks off of Lebron help, but I think the Jazz Kittens can stay home a bit more because of the frontcourt matchups.

Lopez and Randolph in the post are going to fill the paint and give Lebron less room to attack. The less space that guys have to cover in doubling Lebron means fewer open shots for Curry/Harden. Randolph may give Dirk some trouble when Akron's on offense, but Dirk returns the favors on defense and opens up the floor for Lawson to drive. Duncan can still play D and bank it in.

Faried adds an element I really like in that he is too fast and athletic for Akron. His relentlessness will get extra and easy buckets for quality shooters in Green and Thompson and doesn't take shots away from the dynamic Lou Williams.

Jazz Kittens take this one for me.

StarvingKnick22
09-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Akron no contest

Hawkeye15
09-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Jazz have much better depth, but how do they stop Akron from scoring? Every position for Akron is a guy who can score 20 nightly, with the best player in the world leading them.

mvb815
09-23-2012, 05:15 PM
I want to here arguments in this series. I think the Kitties can pull the upset but whoever sways me with their arguments will win my vote.

it's the owners job to argue in the write ups

akron looks nasty though

xxplayerxx23
09-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Jazz have much better depth, but how do they stop Akron from scoring? Every position for Akron is a guy who can score 20 nightly, with the best player in the world leading them.

Timmy can def slow Lopez down,
Marion IMO has the abiliy to make i harder for Lebron
Dirk and Zbo even out scoring wise IMO with Dirk winning that matchup
Lawson and Curry even out as well IMO both are scoring.
Thabo is a great defender as well, I just think they matchup great with them IMO.

Sixerlover
09-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Timmy can def slow Lopez down,
Marion IMO has the abiliy to make i harder for Lebron
Dirk and Zbo even out scoring wise IMO with Dirk winning that matchup
Lawson and Curry even out as well IMO both are scoring.
Thabo is a great defender as well, I just think they matchup great with them IMO.

So if Curry / Lawson and Z-Bo / Dirk even out scoring wise, Thabo and Marion still aren't coming close to the offensive production of Harden / LeBron even if they slightly slowed them down. Duncan wouldn't be able to reproduce all of those lost points, and who knows at this point in careers, Brook Lopez might be too much offensively for him. It's Akron in my opinion definitely.

xxplayerxx23
09-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Dirk will score more then ZBo. Marion has shown he can slow down the best offensive Sfs in the game and Thabo makes it tough on everyone. Timmy can go off on Lopez. Im not saying for sure Kittens but they have a good matchup vs them.

Baller1
09-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Akron sweeps and no game would be close.

LAKERMANIA
09-24-2012, 04:16 PM
I like Jazz depth and defense.. I went with them

raiderposting
09-24-2012, 05:32 PM
thought it was a 32 team thats why i was like wtf. but still ill would of picked akron anyway

DR_1
09-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Kittens in 5. The other team will get destroyed down low. LeBron is not Jordan lol

Mr.Nate30
09-24-2012, 08:13 PM
lol because Dirk is quite the monster in the paint

DR_1
09-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Dirk is a top 10 player in this game. How is he not a monster :facepalm:

Dirk outside Duncan inside should be almsot unstoppable.

xxplayerxx23
09-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Where are all the votes in my matchup :mad: Leave this matchup go vote in the 3-6 one.