raidersrock99
09-23-2012, 12:07 AM
giants clinch the nl west!

BKLYNpigeon
09-23-2012, 12:13 AM
nobody cares.

Qwertys
09-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Wow still can't believe this didn't come down to the last series of the season, can't wait for the playoffs

Fly
09-23-2012, 12:15 AM
congrats

MetsFanatic19
09-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Well earned, much deserved.

BKLYNpigeon
09-23-2012, 12:19 AM
the Giants have 10 games left, i know they need some rest, but i hope the layoff wont hurt their momentum.

raidersrock99
09-23-2012, 12:21 AM
i hope that the dodgers are happy with their pickups fun guys to watch the playoffs with im sure

sacgiants1213
09-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Reds clinched the central, congrats to them as well!

goldenstater
09-23-2012, 12:27 AM
i really thought the dodgers were gonna put up a better fight than they did. oh well still stoked! Reds or Nats are gonna be an up hill climb for us but lets get it on!!! GO GIANTS!

Shark
09-23-2012, 12:29 AM
i hope that the dodgers are happy with their pickups fun guys to watch the playoffs with im sure

Umm 2nd wild spot still available... Not that I care, not even a dodger fan lol. But it will be funny if they get it and you have to eat your words for that

J.Twiggy
09-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Congrats to the Giants maybe we will meet in the NLDS? for round 3.

robbnen#31
09-23-2012, 12:32 AM
lol dodgers

giantspwn
09-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Lol la

CHRISDODGERS
09-23-2012, 12:48 AM
lol sf

robbnen#31
09-23-2012, 12:53 AM
lol sf

Don't get bitter, get better!

ciaban
09-23-2012, 01:11 AM
nobody cares.

well said,

i think the title of the tread should be, HEY LOOK EVERYONE IS CLINCHING CONGRATS TO THEM ALL!

Hopper15
09-23-2012, 01:45 AM
After Melky got suspended

Giants record 25-9

ciaban
09-23-2012, 02:38 AM
After Melky got suspended

Giants record 25-9

look who they played.

Rush
09-23-2012, 02:50 AM
look who they played.

That's still dominant. What a good team is supposed to do. Something you guys couldn't do and haven't done in awhile.

d79cheese
09-23-2012, 03:01 AM
look who they played.

You are going totally against the Dodger fan base motto.... "schedule doesn't mean ****"

jscotty8
09-23-2012, 03:04 AM
Look at the Dodger's schedule in April and May. They have no reason to talk.

shizzle09
09-23-2012, 03:06 AM
lol sf

#winning

fulltiltdodger
09-23-2012, 03:11 AM
Congrats...

Ps f u mattingly!!

sf-fanatic
09-23-2012, 03:18 AM
Look at the Dodger's schedule in April and May. They have no reason to talk.

This...I never thought they were as good as their record indicated early on.

Rush
09-23-2012, 03:26 AM
Congrats...

Ps f u mattingly!!

Thanks.

*ahem*

Originally Posted by fulltiltdodger
Lol Giants fans trying to needle us, Cmon you guys seriously don't think you have hope when your best hitter is done for the year?, ... all teams have to do is Intentional Walk posey and you have 0 threat

LOL AT THINKING YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE WITH US WHAT A JOKE

:D

fulltiltdodger
09-23-2012, 03:28 AM
Thanks.

*ahem*

:D

Lol :mad::mad::mad:

Maybe if we had any other manager besides Mattingly we would still be in the Division hunt, but still even then it would be hard to predict...

Congrats ;)

ciaban
09-23-2012, 03:32 AM
That's still dominant. What a good team is supposed to do. Something you guys couldn't do and haven't done in awhile.
look at the A's schedule through sept an oct. if the giants went 25-9 against that, it would really impress me, it's good for the giants that they won their games, now lets see them do it against D.C. Cincy, ATL

You are going totally against the Dodger fan base motto.... "schedule doesn't mean ****"

i think when games are scheduled means a lot,

Rush
09-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Lol :mad::mad::mad:

Maybe if we had any other manager besides Mattingly we would still be in the Division hunt, but still even then it would be hard to predict...

Congrats ;)

Haha thanks. I'm sure you guys will be there in contention next year. It'd surprise me if you weren't.

fulltiltdodger
09-23-2012, 03:42 AM
Haha thanks. I'm sure you guys will be there in contention next year. It'd surprise me if you weren't.

we are 3 back in 2nd wildcard with 10 to go.. I mean technically we are still in it for this year, but the way we are hitting along with the way Mattingly has managed all season, I do not like our chances going forward, it can change overnight :confused::confused::confused: not sure how but sounded good..

theproof
09-23-2012, 03:51 AM
Cardinals haven't been playing all that great either. The way I see it, this race is still far from over and the Dodgers still have a decent chance to get in. However, obviously they need to get hot NOW and start playing like the team that they have on paper.

fulltiltdodger
09-23-2012, 03:56 AM
Cardinals haven't been playing all that great either. The way I see it, this race is still far from over and the Dodgers still have a decent chance to get in. However, obviously they need to get hot NOW and start playing like the team that they have on paper.

true hate to hi-jack the thread to talk about the Dodgers because I was genuinely saying congrats to you guys..

But Phillies are 1 game behind us, we are 1/2 a game behind brewers and 3 back behind Cardinals. Statistically we are in it because we haven't been mathematically eliminated, But the way we have been playing the last 2 months especially all of September, it's hard to imagine it will change in the next 10 games. One good thing Mattingly was good at was arguing with Umpires, well he got suspended for 2 games and now he can't even do that right. Changing points in my chances of playoffs breakdown:

August 15th Day Melky Cabrera was suspended 50 games for Steroids=99% we win division
August 25th Day After Adrian Gonzalez trade=90% chance we win the division
September 1st= 70% chance we win the division
September 23rd= 2% chance we win the 2nd wild card spot..

BUMS IN QUEENS
09-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Pretty amazing with their best hitter getting booted and Lincecum pitching like a scrub for most of the year. Add to that the Dodgers mega-trades, and I'm surprised they ran away with it like this. Also AT&T is always rocking for the post-season so I'm looking forward to watching some games.

dodgersuck
09-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Ahh the sweet smell of victory. The best part is, we didn't have to take on 200 million in future salaries to do it!

Lakers + Giants
09-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Hahaha dodger fans mad!

Mr. LA
09-23-2012, 09:24 PM
They won by default

Rush
09-23-2012, 09:37 PM
They won by default

So you're agreeing the Dodgers dont have the best team and lineup in baseball, even in the NL West, with Gonzalez, Beckett, Kershaw, Hanley, Ethier, and Kemp?

fulltiltdodger
09-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Hahaha dodger fans mad!

:):):):)

DodgerB24
09-23-2012, 09:45 PM
They deserved it. Congrats.

Mr. LA
09-23-2012, 09:48 PM
So you're agreeing the Dodgers dont have the best team and lineup in baseball, even in the NL West, with Gonzalez, Beckett, Kershaw, Hanley, Ethier, and Kemp?

lol you misunderstood..
they won by default because Kemp missed most of the year and even when he was in the lineup he clearly wasnt healthy... Kershaw missed games and really had an injured season from day 1 ... 3 ip agianst padres opening day because he had the flu or something, then pitched much of the year with plantar facitis whatever u call it and now the hip... gonzalez, ramirez, beckett have barely played for us and i cant even tell you all the otheer reasons..... but theres a start

d79cheese
09-23-2012, 09:55 PM
They won by default

You are def. right, usually the best teams wins by default anyways over 162 games. Thanks for finally admitting it ;)

Rush
09-23-2012, 10:53 PM
lol you misunderstood..
they won by default because Kemp missed most of the year and even when he was in the lineup he clearly wasnt healthy... Kershaw missed games and really had an injured season from day 1 ... 3 ip agianst padres opening day because he had the flu or something, then pitched much of the year with plantar facitis whatever u call it and now the hip... gonzalez, ramirez, beckett have barely played for us and i cant even tell you all the otheer reasons..... but theres a start

Still a blind homer at heart, can't give credit where it's due I see and still making tons of excuses. But ok. The Giants won the West and that's all that makes me happy. Well, also, proving that you were wrong too. That was nice.

DodgerB24
09-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Still making excuses. But ok. The Giants won the West and that's all that makes me happy. Well, also, proving that you were wrong too.

Off-topic, but is that John Miller? :laugh2:

Rush
09-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Off-topic, but is that John Miller? :laugh2:

Haha. Ya, him and Dave Flemming.

goldenstater
09-23-2012, 11:33 PM
lol you misunderstood..

:violin:

stupidmop
09-23-2012, 11:59 PM
lol you misunderstood..

You should learn to accept defeat gracefully, instead of trying to make excuses.

Health is part of a team's value; so this whole argument about injuries is completely moot.

SACNYY
09-24-2012, 12:15 AM
lol dumb dodgers.

Lakers + Giants
09-24-2012, 12:32 AM
lol you misunderstood..

Just admit your players under performed or admit they arent as good as you guys think. All teams have injuries even the giants played all year without wilson and freddy sanchez. Our best player also got suspended for the rest of the season in the middle of a tight division race and we still found a way to run away with the division despite the dodgers being praised as the clear favorites by the media and other baseball fans.

moshy2
09-24-2012, 03:16 AM
I don't wanna and aint gonna root for the Dodgers to make it, but at the same time a Giants-Dodgers playoff series would be amazing. In my mind would officially declare the rivalry back even though it's looking like it's already back

Pinstripe pride
09-24-2012, 08:43 AM
looms like the NL will be boring this last 2 weeks since 3 of the 5 spots are locked down already.

Congrats to the giants.

lol, please
09-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Division Champs!!
:cry:
Looking forward to the postseason!
Go Giants!!

iggypop123
09-25-2012, 01:17 AM
luck hurt the dodgers or something more palatable it was timing. the giants got to enjoy cabrerra when posey was working his way back, panda was hurt and more importantly the dodgers were trotting out there a single a lineup, that was when they had their 2,3,4 guys hurt kemp ethier, ellis. that 7 game lead went away fast thanks to cabrerra. when he got busted, posey was back, the team was let known before he was gonna get busted so they traded for pence(they probably wouldn't have done it if they weren't informed)
by that time kemp was injured twice for hamstring, then nearly shattered his body into a million pieces in colorado. the dodgers then proceedd to lose their 3 best starters kershaw, billingsley, lilly and their closer. guys who who should have performed went into slumps. and for the giants scrubs became superstars. you had angel willie mays pagan, and scuttaro hitting 350 even though the day of his trade he was topping out at a pathetic 300 on base.
basically it was a perfect storm.

they are gonna face a mirror in the reds. they both match up well, should be fun to watch.

ciaban
09-25-2012, 02:51 AM
well the dodgers last 10 games are favorable, pads ,rox and giants, and lets be real the giants aren't going to use any of their starters in that series, i would love for them to, but they wont, we will see zito, and maybe two AAA fill-ins

ciaban
09-25-2012, 02:58 AM
looms like the NL will be boring this last 2 weeks since 3 of the 5 spots are locked down already.

Congrats to the giants.

not totally, there is the 2nd wild card, but still.

Rush
09-25-2012, 03:12 AM
well the dodgers last 10 games are favorable, pads ,rox and giants, and lets be real the giants aren't going to use any of their starters in that series, i would love for them to, but they wont, we will see zito, and maybe two AAA fill-ins

I wouldn't say favorable. The Dodgers are 20-24 against those three teams this year. And most of your success against the Padres came in the first month.

Pinstripe pride
09-25-2012, 09:09 AM
not totally, there is the 2nd wild card, but still.

not really, since the 2n wild card elading cardinals essentially have a 4 game lead with what 8 or 9 to play? the playoff picutre is pretty mucyh set in the NL barring a miracle. the AL still has some uncertianty

todu82
09-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Congrats to the Giants. The NL is truly wide open during the playoffs this year and the Giants have a great chance of making noise during the playoffs.

09-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Mr. LA told me this would not happen. Dodgers had the best offense in 70 years are were going to tear off 20 straight wins.

Lakers + Giants
09-25-2012, 11:12 PM
luck hurt the dodgers or something more palatable it was timing. the giants got to enjoy cabrerra when posey was working his way back, panda was hurt and more importantly the dodgers were trotting out there a single a lineup, that was when they had their 2,3,4 guys hurt kemp ethier, ellis. that 7 game lead went away fast thanks to cabrerra. when he got busted, posey was back, the team was let known before he was gonna get busted so they traded for pence(they probably wouldn't have done it if they weren't informed)
by that time kemp was injured twice for hamstring, then nearly shattered his body into a million pieces in colorado. the dodgers then proceedd to lose their 3 best starters kershaw, billingsley, lilly and their closer. guys who who should have performed went into slumps. and for the giants scrubs became superstars. you had angel willie mays pagan, and scuttaro hitting 350 even though the day of his trade he was topping out at a pathetic 300 on base.
basically it was a perfect storm.

they are gonna face a mirror in the reds. they both match up well, should be fun to watch.

You act like none of the dodgers scrubs never played out of their minds.

How bout Cruz, Hairston Jr., both Ellis', and even Capuano. I can bring this **** up too.