PDA

View Full Version : Bynum without Kobe and Pau, better or worse?

Iron24th
09-22-2012, 03:06 AM
Do you think he'll feel released and will have a monster year, or playing without Kobe and Pau will expose his weaknesses?

Thoughts?

Hellcrooner
09-22-2012, 03:24 AM
50-50
imo he will put very good plain stats, and mediocre advanced stats.

Hotone1401
09-22-2012, 03:31 AM
I think he'll play worse with a slight increase in pts and rebs if you know what i mean. This year will be a learning experience he can grow from. We saw how horrible he was at making decisions with double teams as a 2nd option and naturally I can only see him go through some growing pains at the 1st option.

amos1er
09-22-2012, 03:32 AM
50-50
imo he will put very good plain stats, and mediocre advanced stats.

Or more importantly, how dynamic will he be to his teams success.

How many more wins do you think he will help get Philly than last season if any?

Hotone1401
09-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Or more importantly, how dynamic will he be to his teams success.

How many more wins do you think he will help get Philly than last season if any?

That's also hard to say because the 76ers lost Iggy, and by doing so, they're changing their whole style of play with an offense now centered around a big man who has a hard time getting up and down the floor. It's going to be a totally different team from last year's team that loced to push the pace. Their defense should improve but I think the transition offense will suffer and only Bynum's development will show how good they will be in a half court set. What equates to wins for them I'm not sure yet.

Chronz
09-22-2012, 03:40 AM
The same

Lakersfan2483
09-22-2012, 03:45 AM
I think he will avg. around 20 pts a game and grab around 10 to 11 boards a game. I am very curious to see how he will handle being the focal point everynight and how he will handle double and triple teams. I want to see if his game will evolve this year.

I see him with a higher usg. rate obviously but with similar stats to last season. His TS pct. will drop though.

Andrew32
09-22-2012, 04:17 AM
I am thinking 22 / 12 / 2bpg

The numbers he can put up really depends on his health/stamina and how well he adjusts to playing a different role in a different offense.

If he learns to play through double teams he could really become a dominate player as very few can stop him 1v1 at this point when he is playing well.
He should improve with experience.

His rebounding might go up... at worst it should stay the same.

Blocks probably will stay around 2... maybe go down if he expends too much energy on offense.

His efficiency may or may not drop depending on how their offense is run and how his supporting cast plays.
I expect it to drop but not by much.

shep33
09-22-2012, 04:22 AM
I hope he does well. He had a lot of pressure taken off him by Pau and Kobe. When you look at his offensive efficiency when Kobe missed those games, Bynum wasn't very good. Shot in the low 40s percentage wise. Pau got him a lot of easy buckets off of lobs and high-low plays, and Drew wasn't very good against double teams.

That being said, Drew will be playing with a very good group of youngsters and a bunch of guys who can shoot. Double teams will be harder to come by, and Collins >>>>>>>> Mike Brown.

Drew will be fine in Philly. Offensive efficiency may drop, but he'll be okay. 21 and 12.

sp1derm00
09-22-2012, 05:18 AM
Bynum is beast when he is aggressive. If he somehow maintains his aggressiveness as the #1 option on the sixers, he'll be a force to reckon with.

jerellh528
09-22-2012, 05:39 AM
Im going to say better, bynum when he wants to play is up there with the best, he wants to play when he feels like he is getting fed the ball, in philly he will be fed the ball, in LA he was third or second option sometimes which led him to give up in games sometimes..kinda like a diva receiver in the nfl who is not getting passed to...He will further cement himself as the best offensive/post center in the game, his defense will suffer slightly because of all the energy he expends on the offensive side...should be a beast still.

NBA-GMaster
09-22-2012, 08:00 AM
I think its better, Bynum will have better pts and rebounds without those two.. And remove Kobe from current Lakers, i think its better.. =)

Vikingfan84
09-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Do you think he'll feel released and will have a monster year, or playing without Kobe and Pau will expose his weaknesses?

Thoughts?

I think he will stay healthy (look what Philly was able to do with Elton Brand) and have a break out year. Reason being is that I believe he will be the STAR in Philly. He will not be the 2nd or 3rd fiddle to Kobe anymore. This is his year and I think Philly with all the raw talent they have will be title contenders THIS YEAR.

Davidgta1
09-22-2012, 08:15 AM
i think he will stay healthy (look what philly was able to do with elton brand) and have a break out year. Reason being is that i believe he will be the star in philly. He will not be the 2nd or 3rd fiddle to kobe anymore. This is his year and i think philly with all the raw talent they have will be title contenders this year.

+1

ldawg
09-22-2012, 08:26 AM
He will be better for a few reasons. 1 to prove Lakers wrong for moving him and 2 he will have more freedom and less pressure in Philly and 3 he will also get star calls now. However as a team 7 or 8 seed. In the playoff when the games get more intense he will be exposed. So like any other stud he will need more help, this is where he will miss having other stars with him. And thats not a knock on him that happens to any other star.

Vidball
09-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Better...it was always about motivation with Bynum. Remember him saying he wasn't "ready" for game 1 of the playoffs. He took a lot of nights off and was frustrated he didn't see the ball more which he used as an excuse to be lazy on the court (though he always works hard off the court). Between playing for Collins and being a #1 option I'm hoping he brings it every night. Hopefully he'll be a beast in Philly.

Shkelqim
09-22-2012, 08:31 AM
I think he'll do pretty good down here, because he is the main focus so he isn't concerned about touches and stuff compared to in LA. That's a completely different role...

ldawg
09-22-2012, 08:44 AM
The only thing i worry about with Bynum is with an increase work load how will it wear on him. Being the only player with rings on that team he will be the leader. Can he lead and play at a high level every game and stay healthy?

JNoel
09-22-2012, 09:56 AM
I think he'll do better, Kobe didn't really affect his touches while not having Gasol will be something he'll have to adapt to. Nevertheless he will have is own team, and will be better imo.

MTar786
09-22-2012, 10:01 AM
he will average 22ppg 12rpg and 3turnovers

Avenged
09-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Dude is a BIG body and knows how to use it. For him to have bad advanced stats, well you are just wishful thinking.

He'll probably stay around the same imo.

b@llhog24
09-22-2012, 11:53 AM
The same

Bingo.

Any player worth his salt should be similarly productive regardless of the environment.

LeGacy is Music
09-22-2012, 12:17 PM
The same

who is that on your sig,

Baller1
09-22-2012, 12:22 PM
I don't think his stats will fluctuate much, maybe even dip.

Anyone have Bynum's stats when Kobe and Pau were on the bench? That's give us an idea of how well he'll perform this season.

D2theJ
09-22-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm sure he'll easily have more points and rebounds without Pau and Kobe sucking them up. But I don't know if he'll be more efficicent. We'll see

Lakeshow24KB
09-22-2012, 12:32 PM
The same

Holy ****. Is that Tmac?

Chronz
09-22-2012, 01:36 PM
who is that on your sig,

T-Mac

Holy ****. Is that Tmac?
Yes

I don't think his stats will fluctuate much, maybe even dip.

Anyone have Bynum's stats when Kobe and Pau were on the bench? That's give us an idea of how well he'll perform this season.

Gets 5 more FGA per 48 minutes and shoots about 4pts lower in terms of FG%

xILLN355
09-22-2012, 01:59 PM
28-14-3.5 - shaq numbers :P

DanG
09-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Better...it was always about motivation with Bynum. Remember him saying he wasn't "ready" for game 1 of the playoffs. He took a lot of nights off and was frustrated he didn't see the ball more which he used as an excuse to be lazy on the court (though he always works hard off the court). Between playing for Collins and being a #1 option I'm hoping he brings it every night. Hopefully he'll be a beast in Philly.

This.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-22-2012, 02:09 PM
it would be very very interesting to see.. especially since turner gets a little ballhoggy..
I think Bynum should have a better year this year if he stays healthy of course, and we shall see just how true the statement is that "Bynum has a much better offensive post game than Dwight Howard"

time will tell..

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-22-2012, 02:10 PM
T-Mac

Yes

Gets 5 more FGA per 48 minutes and shoots about 4pts lower in terms of FG%

one of my fav dunks.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Dude is a BIG body and knows how to use it. For him to have bad advanced stats, well you are just wishful thinking.

He'll probably stay around the same imo.

i just love seeing u comment cos of Ariana's pic and sig. yumm

Iron24th
09-22-2012, 04:25 PM
I think he'll have a better season too if he's focused all year long.

We still have to see how he'll handle double teams, since it was his biggest weakness.

Andrew32
09-22-2012, 04:35 PM
One factor that can't be forgotten.

Bynum is in a contract year and he wants to get paid.

He will perform good and take his conditioning very seriously this year if anything just so he know he'll get paid.

SeoulBeatz
09-22-2012, 04:51 PM
That's also hard to say because the 76ers lost Iggy, and by doing so, they're changing their whole style of play with an offense now centered around a big man who has a hard time getting up and down the floor. It's going to be a totally different team from last year's team that loced to push the pace. Their defense should improve but I think the transition offense will suffer and only Bynum's development will show how good they will be in a half court set. What equates to wins for them I'm not sure yet.

Spencer Hawes and Elton Brand (arguably the two slowest players at their positions) were our starting frontcourt last year and we still ran the fastbreak.

The Sixers may have lost Iggy, but this is still a VERY athletic team. Jrue, Thad Young, Jason Richardson, Nick Young, Evan Turner, Dorrell Wright, and Arnett Moultrie are more than enough weapons to push the break. And we finally have a slew of 3 pt shooters to compliment our new big man.

There will undoubtably be growing pains, but i love the way our roster is set up. Finally handing the reigns over to Jrue and E.T, and having the best C in the east isn't too shabby.

Hellcrooner
09-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Spencer Hawes and Elton Brand (arguably the two slowest players at their positions) were our starting frontcourt last year and we still ran the fastbreak.

The Sixers may have lost Iggy, but this is still a VERY athletic team. Jrue, Thad Young, Jason Richardson, Nick Young, Evan Turner, Dorrell Wright, and Arnett Moultrie are more than enough weapons to push the break. And we finally have a slew of 3 pt shooters to compliment our new big man.

There will undoubtably be growing pains, but i love the way our roster is set up. Finally handing the reigns over to Jrue and E.T, and having the best C in the east isn't too shabby.

mmm how much have you seen Drew?

he DOES NOT lile to run at all ( he gets tired after 2 or 3 minutes), if the offense is going to be built around him it will have to be a slow paced one.

Andrew32
09-22-2012, 05:01 PM
mmm how much have you seen Drew?

he DOES NOT lile to run at all ( he gets tired after 2 or 3 minutes), if the offense is going to be built around him it will have to be a slow paced one.

You can still have a fast paced offense with a slow, plodding C.
Check out the late 80's Lakers.
They ran all the time even with an old Kareem who probably wasn't more mobile then current Bynum.

smith&wesson
09-22-2012, 05:11 PM
he will be better. im looking for him to beast next season.

Fayzon10
09-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Bynum is beast when he is aggressive. If he somehow maintains his aggressiveness as the #1 option on the sixers, he'll be a force to reckon with. This, I think he'll be a beast being the number 1 option. Defensively I'm not sure because at times he looks like he has no interest in playing D at all..

Iron24th
09-23-2012, 02:12 AM
This, I think he'll be a beast being the number 1 option. Defensively I'm not sure because at times he looks like he has no interest in playing D at all..

Defense will always be a concern with him, but being the #1 option could change his mentality.

Teeboy1487
09-23-2012, 02:32 AM
Drew does not like to get back on defense, but I have seen him leak out and run on offense plenty of times. He is a perfect complement to Philly's run and gun. When the fastbreak doesn't work, they can now throw it in the post to Drew where he is deadly. This will be the first time he is surrounded by decent shooters too. He will be awesome imo. He just have to stay injury free and he has to develop the right attitude to lead a team. Those are the ? marks.

Teeboy1487
09-23-2012, 02:36 AM
Defense will always be a concern with him, but being the #1 option could change his mentality.

I agree. It goes with the attitude. Drew is a beast defensively, but he does not give that every night especially when he is not involved in the game offensively. He will get lost in the game and pout. As long as he is getting the ball, he will be engaged. Still, his Pick and Roll defense is always a concern too. He truly does not have the feet to guard it.

WaltonSystem
09-23-2012, 07:19 AM
I'd love to say he will have a better season statistically with him getting more touches and less watching Kobe toss shots up, as well as his Godlike shooting % at the rim. He should also benefit from his teammates being a predominantly jump shooting team, not a very good jump shooting team but a jump shooting team nonetheless.

*Screamin A Smith Voice* HOWEVA, he'll encounter more double teams which if you saw last year he doesn't deal with very well, causing turnovers and bad shots. Plus if the 76ers start off poorly who is to say Bynum won't well, be Bynum and start being disinterested.

nycericanguy
09-23-2012, 08:59 AM
He'll do fine, but I'm not convinced he's a franchise player yet. We're talking about a guy that had a career 11 & 7 average before last season and could never even stay on the court. Not to mention all the immaturity issues. He put up a very good 60 game season and now most are ready to call him a franchise player and a top 10-12 player.

It will be interesting to see how he responds to being the man and being the focal point of other teams defenses now that Kobe & Pau aren't around. If Turner and Jrue don't take a big step forward Bynum will look all alone out there. There isn't a single player on PHI aside from Bynum that even averaged 15ppg last year.

ldawg
09-23-2012, 09:05 AM
One thing is certain Philly will be watched more. Many Lakers fans will tune in to check him out. I do think he will post similar numbers to last season. More star calls and not having to play behind Pau and Kobe. Slight increase in numbers but he will be less efficient.Teams can now focus on him more.

Alayla
09-23-2012, 09:22 AM
i hate to be mr pessimistic but i say worse at least for the frist year or 2 right now my conern with him isnt monster numbers what i care about is good health

BoshsTalons
09-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Pretty much anyone without Kobe on their team>>>having Kobe as a teammate

Iron24th
09-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Pretty much anyone without Kobe on their team>>>having Kobe as a teammate

U mad?

BoshsTalons
09-23-2012, 10:37 AM
U mad?

Just a bit. If you put Steve Francis on those Laker teams with Shaq, we'd be talking about 5-6 straight titles.

Iron24th
09-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Just a bit. If you put Steve Francis on those Laker teams with Shaq, we'd be talking about 5-6 straight titles.

You could have been more creative.

mrblisterdundee
09-23-2012, 06:10 PM
I think he'll be more consistent in his stats, but he might have a harder time scoring as the primary offensive weapon. He's not used to being the focal point of an opponent's defense. Let's temper our expectations.

Sssmush
09-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I think he'll do better.

One thing I noticed was that his FG% was always kind of too high. That's because he wasn't taking enough shots, only extremely high percentage opportunities, otherwise kicking it back out to Kobe.

On Philly, he'll be encouraged to shoot a lot more shots, become a scoring machine. Take those marginal shots, play through the double team, don't give up because a defender is there. Drop in the hook shots, fadeaways, that kind of thing.

This gives him a chance to really excel. Like, even if he has a bad scoring night, let's say he shoots 4-24 or something like that. He's bound to get some free throws. AND that is 24 shots from Bynum, in or around the post. If he is taking 24 shots+ every night, he is going to put up some serious stats, and he is also going to quickly develop into the "man" on the 76'rs, getting used to being the first option, being the leader, having the ball in his hands and having the responsibility to score first, ask questions later.

So we'll see, but I think it's a great chance for him and he could possibly be tremendously better.

Showtime Steve
09-23-2012, 06:50 PM
I honestly see him beasting next year. He gets to be alpha dog. I think he has to get used to it. I think he puts up way too many shots at first until he realizes he will get his shots regardless. 26ppg, 16rebs. All this contingent on his health obviously.

MTar786
09-23-2012, 08:40 PM
hes gonna average 23 and 12.. the only 2 things philly will hate about bynum is that he is like a black hole in the post.. he's terrible at passing out of posted double teams. and that some games he shows up with no heart and no care

5ass
09-23-2012, 09:22 PM
20-12-2-52% fg

KKell2507
09-23-2012, 09:34 PM
I think Bynum averages 22pts and 12reb.

I dont see his rebounds going up much just because of who is on the Sixers team. Jrue Holiday is a good rebounder for a PG, and Evan Turner is an absolute beastly defensive rebounder(he led the Sixers in rebounding in the playoffs). Hawes will also be in the mix at 7'1 and Lavoy Allen is also a good rebounder who will be in the rotation.

As far as points go, I see his averages going up with the simple fact that he will get more shot attempts in Philly.

As far as the Sixers success as a team, I dont think Bynum is the most important key. Whether Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner take the next step to becoming THE guys as main guards of the team will be far more important in my opinion. They will no longer be baby stepped along by Iguodala and Lou Williams. Holiday and Turner will be the only guys setting up the offense, so those are the guys that have to take the steps in correctly running a team.

Theres more to it than Bynum just having the ball and going to work. Someone has to get him the ball and understand when and where he is effective. That falls on the shoulders of two still very young players in Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner. Thats where the Sixers success lies.

jam
09-23-2012, 10:31 PM
I projected Bynum to be a poor man's duncan. Great height and length, solid fundamentals. I see him as an 18 ppg player for 2-3 more seasons. He may have an Elton Brand level decline afterwards. He's had a lot of surgeries and procedures.

John Walls Era
09-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Man is a beast. I hope he makes Lakers rue the day (which will never happen).

TheNumber37
09-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Better. He will be the number 1 option. I'd expect him to average 25 and 14

LA_Raiders
09-24-2012, 01:57 AM
He will be alright. About 20/10/2

dee279
09-24-2012, 02:16 AM
I think it depends on the developement of Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner and if the players around Bynum can help take the pressure off. Im an E. T. Fan. He can really take Philly to the moon ;) but if ET and rest of the young players on philly dont step up their game, or worse, takes a step back, i could see Bynum regressing too.

monty77
09-24-2012, 10:50 AM
He probably will average more points per game, but I guess his shoot percentages will drop.

Positive side:

a) He is going to be main team guy in attack. It was impossible in LA because of Kobe, and sometimes Pau, receive more balls than him.

b) Although Holiday and Turner aren't really good passers, both are better than Fisher and Blake in this respect.

c) There are better defender in West Conference at Center position, so he will be able to score more easily next year (at least in one-by-one).

d) The last years he have improved and grown considerably. This tend must go on in team like 76ers, which can fight for a top spot in East Conference.

Negative side:

a) He others teams will focus their defense at him. That is why his shoot percent is going to get down.

b) Despite of playing with Gasol and Kobe make that Bynum enjoy less shots, It has to be mentioned that Gasol is a great passer and Kobe causes spaces on court. He'll not find any player like them in Philly.

c) He is gonna play with younger players (Richarson alone is over 30 years) who play faster. He isn't top runner player and I doubt he will take advantage of that.

d) Without players like Kobe (NBA megastar) and Pau (an experience player and good friend of his) and without championship chances I also doubt he will be able to motivate himself.

For these reasons I guess that he only will improve his numbers slightly.

Sssmush
09-24-2012, 07:49 PM
23.449 PTs / 12.847 REBs / 2.777 BLOCKs

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Bynum is gonna be a beast this year for Philly. More touches = more ppg and he usually get's his own miss and puts up another quick shot with his long arms so that will add to his rebounding.

If you watched Bynum
You would know he tends to play harder defense when he gets more offensive touches. Think he will definitely improve in a lot of areas but struggle in others w/out the Lakers.

Anyways hope Baby B becomes the Beast in Philly; good luck to him and that city.

kenzo400
09-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Better without Kobe but definitely worse without Pau.

ldawg
09-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Better without Kobe but definitely worse without Pau.What is that suppose to mean? Look, if you watch Lakers games you will notice Bynum post better numbers without Pau however it did not translate into a better Lakers team. Lakers problem was never how well Bynum can play with Kobe but how well he can play with Pau. But most people get caught up into calling Kobe a ball hog and fail to see whats happening on the floor. And if you did not notice Bynum was not able to handle the double teams late in the season and in the playoffs. Who did not notice they may not have been watching. Lakers game plan was feed the bigs Bynum was eating first. Why do you think Bynum post his best numbers last season and Pau went down playing further away from the basket? People harp on Kobe the ball hog. Look the most accomplished and the best player in the history of the game was a ball hog. Those two players have 11 rings combine When you are good haters are never far away.

jmoney85
09-24-2012, 10:33 PM
hes finally going to show how overrated he is

2-ONE-5
09-24-2012, 11:06 PM
^glad you are able to live up to your sig...

TheSource
09-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Kobe Bryant was able to spread the floor give Bynum chances to get rebounds with all his missed field goals (lol), whereas Pau Gasol set him up constantly and was able to relieve stress on both ends of the court.

At the least he averages the same points he did this year, but I see him having a career year offensively. Can't say the same about defensively, but we'll see how it plays out, and how he decides to play.

Andrew32
09-24-2012, 11:23 PM
People keep ignoring that this is a CONTRACT YEAR for Bynum and he has shown he cares about money.

He will play his *** off if he is healthy to make sure he gets a shiny new contract.

Maybe Philly will even challenge Miami with Bynum going hard in the paint? :speechless:

MrfadeawayJB
09-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Stats: Better

Efficiency: Worse

he will be the top option so its just how you look at it

C-Style
09-25-2012, 03:22 AM
Didnt he shoot below 40% when Kobe went down last????, yr?

Andrew32
09-25-2012, 03:30 AM
Didnt he shoot below 40% when Kobe went down last????, yr?
Nope.
He shot horribly in 1 game which skews the averages.

Remove that game and he was shooting on average around 52%+ I believe from the field which is pretty good and given more time to adjust to a bigger role I believe that number would rise.

He also had dominant games where he scored 30+ppg on 80%FG.

I have no doubt he'd be well above 50% on average with or without Kobe.
What exactly does Kobe do for Bynum other then space the floor and occasionally set him up for an easy basket?

ldawg
09-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Nope.

Remove that game and he was shooting on average around 52%+ I believe from the field which is pretty good and given more time to adjust to a bigger role I believe that number would rise.

What exactly does Kobe do for Bynum other then space the floor and occasionally set him up for an easy basket?give it time it will tell. point its his fg% went down. Dont matter if one game screwed it up. Bynum posted career numbers last season with a bigger role. With less talent around it well not take a Harvard grad to know he will avg even better numbers with a slight drop in fg% depending on his teammates. We all know he will also now get star calls meaning more time at the free throw line. But lets just hope they slow it up for him or you will see a decline. Kobe is not the reason Phil Jackson sat Bynum and role with Pau and Odom more. This game has many stars few winners and its not by mistake. How did Shaq avg 30ppg playing with Kobe and all of a sudden Bynum cant playing with Kobe? it makes no sense. Bynum will not magically turn into Shaq. If Bynum was that dont u think Magic was going to take him? He is still growing as a player still as of right now as is the same with last year he is the best true center in the nba. However the game has changed and its all about fit. Why do you think Lakers traded the best true center in the game for a hybrid? It was very common knowledge that Pau and Bynum was a bad mix. Jerry West pointed that out long ago and Lakers got spank two years in a row trying to make it work. His increased role help him not the Lakers. I do agree with you no way he shoot under 50%.

JiffyMix88
09-25-2012, 08:58 AM
better now he dont have a old man who is a shadow of his former self chucking up dumb shots and the guy who was a beast in the post will actually get more looks

ldawg
09-25-2012, 11:40 AM
better now he dont have a old man who is a shadow of his former self chucking up dumb shots and the guy who was a beast in the post will actually get more looks

Let us see if that beast win another ring. He can have all the shots he want. Old man will be trying to get 6 and beast will be lucky to get 8 seed. La is not about stats. Bynum with the ball did not give la it's best chance of winning. He was not ready to handle double teams he will get better.

king4day
09-25-2012, 12:17 PM
The only concern I'd have would be, despite him still being lazy at times, what if guys like Kareem and Kobe actually motivated him to try a little bit. He won't have that anymore.

I think he'll be rejuvanated in Philly but there's going to be question marks for most of the year. Especially if the 76ers struggle. How will he respond? Does he just whine and mope or does he take the leader wole and rally the team?

jmoney85
09-25-2012, 02:02 PM
^glad you are able to live up to your sig...

no trolling....straight up truth... dont be mad

C-Style
09-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Nope.

What exactly does Kobe do for Bynum other then space the floor and occasionally set him up for an easy basket?
He takes al the pressure off Bynum. U dont honestly think Kobe just spaces the floor for Bynum and a few assist do u? If so ur a idiot. Doubt u are. Teams prepare to stop Kobe, Gasol & Bynum now teams will only focus on him for the most part.

2-ONE-5
09-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Let us see if that beast win another ring. He can have all the shots he want. Old man will be trying to get 6 and beast will be lucky to get 8 seed. La is not about stats. Bynum with the ball did not give la it's best chance of winning. He was not ready to handle double teams he will get better.

LOL ok

2-ONE-5
09-25-2012, 02:44 PM
no trolling....straight up truth... dont be mad

Why would I be mad? My team Andrew Bynum all is good. An overrated Bynum is still the best C in the East.

u mad

JiffyMix88
09-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Remind me please of that huge excuse laker fans use when talking about y they lost to the celtics in 08' again was?

and great for that old man to get his sixth riding the wings of yet another superstar.. whoops he needed two more...

And regardless of what seed he gets he already has two rings and will have a chance to show he is better than dwight(and in two years when the lakers are scrambling trying get rid of their next luke walton and smush parker after gasol nash and kobe are gone say bye bye to dwight for he is gonna act like a ***** again) good luck

Iron24th
09-25-2012, 05:02 PM
The only concern I'd have would be, despite him still being lazy at times, what if guys like Kareem and Kobe actually motivated him to try a little bit. He won't have that anymore.

I think he'll be rejuvanated in Philly but there's going to be question marks for most of the year. Especially if the 76ers struggle. How will he respond? Does he just whine and mope or does he take the leader wole and rally the team?

I like Bynum, but I admit I'm not sure how he'll respond if things don't go his way.

Andrew32
09-25-2012, 07:45 PM
He takes al the pressure off Bynum. U dont honestly think Kobe just spaces the floor for Bynum and a few assist do u? If so ur a idiot. Doubt u are. Teams prepare to stop Kobe, Gasol & Bynum now teams will only focus on him for the most part.
I agree with you alittle.
Bynum being on a team with less big name offensive options and having to take more accountability will put more pressure on him mentally.

However what I said was still the truth.
When Bynum is posting up Kobe is normally just on the perimeter spacing the floor for him.
Any decent/average shooter can fill the same role as Kobe in that situation.

Assuming Philly spaces the floor with good shooters and Bynum can handle the pressure of being the man I don't see why his percentages would drop much.

blue bleeder09
09-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Can we see him play atleast 1 game befor all the stupid *** threads pop up ?

LakersOrNothing
09-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Bynums gonna become the first player in the history of the NBA to win the 2012-2013 All-Star MVP, MIP, Season MVP, DOPY, and FINALS MVP while leading Philly to a 82-0 record.

BOOK IT.. You heard it here first

By the way, this is NOT sarcasm. If you're planning on responding with something stupid. DONT. Save yourself the embarassment

ldawg
09-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Remind me please of that huge excuse laker fans use when talking about y they lost to the celtics in 08' again was?

and great for that old man to get his sixth riding the wings of yet another superstar.. whoops he needed two more...

And regardless of what seed he gets he already has two rings and will have a chance to show he is better than dwight(and in two years when the lakers are scrambling trying get rid of their next luke walton and smush parker after gasol nash and kobe are gone say bye bye to dwight for he is gonna act like a ***** again) good luckstop making up stories.

Iron24th
09-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Can we see him play atleast 1 game befor all the stupid *** threads pop up ?

Then don't...

jmoney85
09-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Why would I be mad? My team Andrew Bynum all is good. An overrated Bynum is still the best C in the East.

u mad

its will be proven that hes not

hi 8th seed

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-25-2012, 11:53 PM

hi 8th seed

Yes, we all know how Lopez > Bynum :rolleyes:

Please, if the Nets had Bynum instead of your overrated boy Lopez, the Nets would be right there in the East Elite with Miami and Boston. But instead, with Lopez, they are a mid-card East team at best.

jmoney85
09-25-2012, 11:58 PM

Please, if the Nets had Bynum instead of your overrated boy Lopez, the Nets would be right there in the East Elite with Miami and Boston. But instead, with Lopez, they are a mid-card East team at best.

bynum isnt a laker anymore so now its lopez>bynum

Andrew32
09-26-2012, 12:03 AM

Time will tell but I am pretty sure that won't be the case.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-26-2012, 12:24 AM

And Dwight never became a Net like you said he would.

You're Welcome.

jmoney85
09-26-2012, 12:33 AM
And Dwight never became a Net like you said he would.

You're Welcome.

what does that have anything to do with our discussion... as far as im concerned thats a bait

Iron24th
09-26-2012, 01:37 AM

+1

Bynum is far ahead of lopez.

Lakers + Giants
09-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Like others have mentioned, his stats will look better but his efficiency will drop just a little. Bynum usually is more active on D when he's getting fed, so as a first option we know that will happen. Really want to see how he does on the defensive end, wish him the best of luck.

Laker Legend42
09-26-2012, 02:40 AM
Bynum will have some huge games,some good games and some (seriously Bynum?) games. He will be opposing teams focus this year. If he doesn't learn to handle double teams better he's gonna have trouble.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2012, 02:44 AM
I honestly don't know what my opinion is. As expected, his efficiency dropped last year when he was utilized more, that is common however. But I honestly think he is best suited as a #2 option. I suppose this season and next will help me formulate an argument for, or against what I just said.

ldawg
09-26-2012, 09:08 AM
I honestly don't know what my opinion is. As expected, his efficiency dropped last year when he was utilized more, that is common however. But I honestly think he is best suited as a #2 option. I suppose this season and next will help me formulate an argument for, or against what I just said.I understand where you are coming from. Its hard to picture what you got with him at this point. He was a bit inconsistent and always seem to lack motivation. Its one of the reason it was a split in the office if they should trade him or not. If it was up to Phil and a few other he would have been traded years ago. He has grown as a player and the nba lack centers so he should have his way against most teams. It will depend on their style of play. I see a little bit of Yoa Ming with better defense when i see Bynum.

charlies_angels
09-26-2012, 09:12 AM
depends on how he blends with his new teammates and how the coach will control him.

2-ONE-5
09-26-2012, 10:00 AM

hi 8th seed

i smell a sig bet.....

Hawkeye15
09-26-2012, 01:48 PM
I understand where you are coming from. Its hard to picture what you got with him at this point. He was a bit inconsistent and always seem to lack motivation. Its one of the reason it was a split in the office if they should trade him or not. If it was up to Phil and a few other he would have been traded years ago. He has grown as a player and the nba lack centers so he should have his way against most teams. It will depend on their style of play. I see a little bit of Yoa Ming with better defense when i see Bynum.

Yeah. Man, the biggest thing that holds me back from thinking he is a cornerstone player is his lack of maturity at times. Maybe being out of the big city spotlight will help, but he loses his cool sometimes, I see him not even listening in huddles, he will commit a stupid flagrant here and there, etc. He just seems immature. Maybe Doug can help with that.

AddiX
09-26-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't trust bynums knee, and I'm don't think an increased workload will do him any favors.

If he does stay healthy. That's a heck of a pickup for the sixers, and I think he will excel. I think he's far better than a guy like hibbert who's getting a max, and got shut down when he was needed most.

ldawg
09-26-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't trust bynums knee, and I'm don't think an increased workload will do him any favors.

If he does stay healthy. That's a heck of a pickup for the sixers, and I think he will excel. I think he's far better than a guy like hibbert who's getting a max, and got shut down when he was needed most.Hibbert like Bynum are both in learning stages. Bynum do have the edge. He would have been further along if he was not injured so much.

ldawg
09-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Lakers did the right thing in trading Bynum he was being disruptive i think that help him out the door. Him and the coach was not getting along. I also think Bynum goals and Lakers goals are different at this stage in his career. IMO him and Lakers needed a divorce. He will get better just got to give him time to grow. He was drafted to young to raw and put on a team spotlight like the Lakers making run at rings. He want to explore his talents. Both on and off the court. Really what can you tell a rich kid? maybe he might respect Doug and he will get the freedom in Philly and come into his own. But being a ex Laker that had high hopes viewers will still be watching. This is the fame that comes with being a Laker. He is an upgrade over Elton b but not sure with the loss of Iggy. This changes their style a bit. If he stays healthy i am sure he will do fine. How fine thats the million dollar question. Only time will tell. With more freedom and less expectations I think you will see an increase in numbers. fg% might take a hit. Expect him to try hitting jumpers a shot Lakers did not want him taking. He wont get bench taking 3s in Philly.

ldawg
09-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Its going to be on with the clash of big men. Bynum is the target. Will he beat out Roy and Lopez for all-star break?

ldawg
09-26-2012, 02:59 PM
circle on the calender a match up that meant nothing last season. Lakers vs Philly

ldawg
09-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Did Bynum put a buzz in Philly?

2-ONE-5
09-26-2012, 03:25 PM
look up his press conference on you tube

todu82
09-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Better. Bynum can shine now in Philly without being overshadowed by Kobe and Pau.

ldawg
09-26-2012, 10:04 PM
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIH8s2NQA04A0Bv7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBvbG gza2Q0BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDVjExNg--?p=andrew+bynum+press+conference&vid=92F177B25DF07

TheRunKiller
09-26-2012, 11:00 PM
I have a prediction. Andrew Bynum will have better numbers then Dwight Howard next season

Iron24th
09-27-2012, 03:44 AM
I have a prediction. Andrew Bynum will have better numbers then Dwight Howard next season

Loool not really a prediction since Dwight is on a stacked Lakers team with more than enough firepower and Bynum is the uncontested #1 option in a young team where no one has ever averaged more than 15pts per game.

NoahH
09-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Im getting rattled at the unbelievable amount of LA Lakers' speculative threads....

LaLa_Land
09-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Bynum's primary deficiency last year was his lack of interest.

This lack of interest stemmed from the fact that Kobe was a non-facilitating, ball dominant player, who especially dominated the ball in the waning minutes of the game. Most of Bynum's best production came at the beginning of quarters, when the team was establishing a post presence...but then the natural flow of the game levitated towards Kobe and Pau having the ball.

Now, there will be no player to take the ball away from Bynum, so for as long as he WANTS to produce, the natural flow of the game will bring him the rock. He has good shooting form, and he has been showing that he is capable of extending his game out to the midrange (and sometimes 3-point range:facepalm:).

Worst case scenario: 19, 10, 1.5
Best case scenario: 25, 14, 3

My guess is that he falls somewhere in the middle of all that, with some massive games thrown in. I bet he has a 50/30 this year....YES, he's that good.

FOXHOUND
09-28-2012, 03:20 AM
Well, since no one has firmly discussed this aspect, I will.

0.5-2.0 3PTA PER GAME!

:rolleyes:

I think this move will have a lot of up and down effects for Bynum, which fits him perfectly as he's been an up and down player his entire career. Unfortunately I can't help but make extremely long posts, no matter how hard I try. Look how long this is already, with no real context. I'll break down what I think into parts, that why this will be easier to skim.

City

I think the move from Los Angeles to Philadelphia will be a very good one for Bynum. A big problem Bynum had in LA, and as a Laker, was the ability to party around with celebrities, loaf and still have big success on the court thanks to playing with Kobe and being coached by Phil for years. Also, Laker fans are very lax.

Philadelphia, on the other hand, is a town of die hard sports nuts. It's a blue collar town with cold winters and a population that breeds hard work and dedication. If Bynum walks onto that court with the intention of taking a game off those fans will let him know before Collins does.

Is this a good thing for Bynum? I think at first it will be very good, and as long as there's winning and individual success for Bynum he will be OK. But if things go rough that can be a very abrasive environment, and I don't see that boding well for Bynum at this stage in his maturity. If he tries to throw up a random three like he did in LA, he might not make it home.

Coach

Bynum didn't react well to Mike Brown, even though Brown worked very hard to get Bynum more involved on both ends of the court and made him far more of a focal point. This is exactly what Bynum wanted, and how did he react? Quite childish, if you ask me. He took great advantage of his situation, and his entitled attitude was a problem as he did as he pleased and was pleased as he did.

This is a bit understandable, as it's happened with other young players who have had big roles on title teams. The only problem with that is... Bynum didn't have a big role on any of his championship teams. He played about 20 mins a game, wasn't in for the fourth quarter and had very minimal production on the court. He was a big body mainly, kind of like Luc Longley and Bill Cartwright for the 90's Bulls. Despite this Bynum thinks he was some big shot.

Now I know a lot of people like to crap on Mike Brown, but if Bynum didn't respect Brown enough to listen consistently, who has recently won COY, led a very limited team outside of it's top player to multiple 60-win seasons and a Finals appearance, and had the backing of the Lakers brass, then how is he going to react to Doug Collins?

Collins can be extremely hard on his players. Is Bynum going to fall in line, or throw out a dumb line about how he's a two-time NBA champion and that he knows what he's doing, shortly after he's chucked up a turnaround 18-footer from the baseline?

Role

This new role is exactly what Bynum wanted, but I don't think he's nearly as ready for it as he thinks he is. He is going to come out gunning, which is exactly what Philly wants from him as he is by far their best scorer. But, this is a new NBA. Defenses are much faster, and zone defenses allow teams to attack big men far better than any other era in history, as well as big men being the most restricted they've ever been inside.

Bynum sucks against double teams, there's no need to sugar coat it. In LA there was Kobe and Pau to help him never have to deal with those situations. When Kobe got hurt last year, and the onus of the team fell on Pau and Bynum's shoulders, Bynum shot 46% from the field in the seven games. He averaged 23. PPG, 14.1 REB, 1.0 BLK, 2.6 TO and shot 68% from the line on 7.1 FTA. These are pretty nice numbers, but you can see the clear difference in efficiency having resulting from the loss of the impact of playing with Kobe and as a result having to deal with a ton more defensive pressure.

Bynum was badly exposed by double teams last year, especially in the playoffs. From Game 6 vs Denver until the end of the Lakers run Bynum shot just 40%, and he scored 20 points just three times in the twelve games, and at least 21 just once.

The problem in Philly is, how will he play having to deal with this all the time? He will have some shooters around him, but he is very poor when passing out of double teams. It's not like he's going to whip a pass across the court if a double comes over, like Pau is capable. He's extremely limited, and if he has to pass out of doubles for too many possessions in a row he will get frustrated and force the issue, leading to dumb shots and turnovers.

He should get better against them, but I see this being his biggest struggle in his new role, and there's no Pau to help him inside like there was for those seven games. I expect his efficiency levels to be around those areas, 46-48% on FG, 66-68% on FT and 2.6-3.0 TO.

Conclusion

I think Bynum will have a nice season, but he is still far too flawed and immature for this role he is about to take on. This is both as a basketball player, where really his only strength on offense is one on one post situations, which will be far fewer, and cleaning up the glass and getting put backs. He has no sense of a face up game, and in today's NBA it's hard to dominate as a big man without one.

The team will be expecting him to step up as a leader. Iguodala was not only a very good player for Philly, but he was also their heart and soul as the leader of that squad. Bynum has to not only replace his role as their lead guy on the court, but also off it. If I had to bet on it, I would say he has absolutely no idea how to do this. There's going to be a lot of growing pains for this team with the many roster changes and role changes, but none more than what Bynum will go through.

Can he handle it? Will he get frustrated and mail it in? Will he get Doug Collins fired? OR will he step up to the challenge? Will he grow into a leader? Will he take the reigns of a franchise and take them to the next step?

I still see Bynum as a 2nd option offensively, and someone who needs to be the 2nd best player on a championship team with a perimeter guy leading the way. I think he will be worse this season, and will continue to be worse until he has another perimeter player/s to take the load off for him and allow him good scoring opportunities as Kobe did. Holiday and Turner can develop into a duo capable of doing that on the court, but they can never replace what Kobe brought to Bynum mentally.

marferrer
09-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Not sure. I haven't watched a Sixer game in a while. (Here in Philippines the games are mostly Lakers, Heat, OKC, Boston). But if Philadelphia have shooters, it will help Drew score efficiently. We all know he struggled when doubled. As long as he can stop travelling and turning over the ball and forcing shots when doubled, I can see him with a stat ala-Howard.

thenaj17
09-28-2012, 09:31 AM
I think he'll play worse with a slight increase in pts and rebs if you know what i mean. This year will be a learning experience he can grow from. We saw how horrible he was at making decisions with double teams as a 2nd option and naturally I can only see him go through some growing pains at the 1st option.

Yeh agree here. More rebounds without Pau taking double digits per game from him. Hawes will likely only get 5/6 compared to 9/10 Pau.

More points because of more touches but barely because he doesn't have the necessary skill to be a number 1 option.