PDA

View Full Version : At Barclays opening, Mikhail Prokhorov promises title within 3 years

mrblisterdundee
09-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Mikhail Prokhorov was talking about Barclays center as the heart of the Brooklyn burrough and promised a title in three years (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8406682/barclays-center-opening-new-jersey-nets-owner-mikhail-prokhorov-promises-title-soon).
What do you think the Brooklyn Nets need to win a title within three years?

They've got the owner who's willing to spend the money. Avery Johnson is a good enough coach to win a championship with. Point guard and shooting guard are set for now.
Small forward is also probably set for now, although Andre Igoudala was one of the few available upgrades over Gerald Wallace and should have been pursued.
There are some hopes and wishes in the front court right now - hope that Brook Lopez will come back healthy, rebound like a center and become a defensive force; and hope that Kris Humphries and/or Andray Blatche grow up and get better.
Overall, the Nets need a better power forward and need to hope that Lopez gets healthy and tough, if they want to have any chance of winning a title in the next three years. And by the end of that three-year period they'll also probably need a new shooting guard and small forward.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-21-2012, 09:47 PM
I think it's reasonable, but they need a better bench with gritty defenders and shooters to combat Miami.

JNoel
09-21-2012, 09:49 PM
I think they can, they just need to keep the core of Deron and Humphries together. All they need is just one more superstar, and they will be a top caliber team imo

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-21-2012, 09:53 PM
I think they can, they just need to keep the core of Deron and Humphries together. All they need is just need one more superstar, and they will be a top caliber team imo

I think JJ and Lopez are good pieces that can mesh well with DWill. I'm sure Nets can get a replacement for Humphries moving forward, but I'd like to see what they can G-Wall + draft picks into for a stud small forward.

Davidgta1
09-21-2012, 09:53 PM
I could see them winning in 3 years if they keep there core.

Evolution23
09-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Not happening. Deron Williams is a superstar but they are all caped out salary wise. Joe Johnson is far from a superstar and he shrinks in the playoffs. What I say about Brook Lopez will be redundant so I won't go there. I like Crash but he's not the same defender he used to be on the Bobcats. Marshon Brooks is a great scorer but that's all I've seen from him so far in his rookie season. I can see the Nets being in the playoffs for the ext 3-5 seasons but not contenders.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Prokhorov is the richest and coolest owner in sports. He does not know how to fail. I cant wait to see where the Nets go down the line

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Not happening. Deron Williams is a superstar but they are all caped out salary wise. Joe Johnson is far from a superstar and he shrinks in the playoffs. What I say about Brook Lopez will be redundant so I won't go there. I like Crash but he's not the same defender he used to be on the Bobcats. Marshon Brooks is a great scorer but that's all I've seen from him so far in his rookie season. I can see the Nets being in the playoffs for the ext 3-5 seasons but not contenders.

To be honest, and I know you won't like hearing this, but the Nets have a better chance of advancing further into the playoffs than your Knicks. Not trying to bait or anything, but i think BKN has an actual set direction with ownership, management, head coach Avery Johnson (who has taken a team to the finals before in the very tough west) and down to their superstar Deron Williams.

Knicks on the other hand have a owner who knows nothing about basketball (Dolan), don't even know how many GMs they've fired in the last couple of seasons, their head coach (although I think he's a great guy) won't get you far as he constantly got the Hawks to the 2nd round in the Weak East, only to get swept yr after yr after yr, and there's still chemistry issues between the two superstars in Melo and Amare, and you can't just count on or expect an old and slow JKidd to help make things right for that team. It seemed the Knicks had a set direction moving forward with Melo, Amare and their new marketing star and uprising improving Jeremy Lin, but we know how that all of a sudden turned out. You also lost on a solid young guy in Fields. I don't even know where your franchise is heeding towards, they don't have a set identity.

Punk
09-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Not sure about winning it all but the simple fact, they nearly had a Big 4 of Deron, Joe, Wallace, Howard...It's not too impossible.

They certainly need one more star to make them a elite contender.

StarvingKnick22
09-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Prokhorov doesnt know basketball, like at all. I think he actually might be DoMeFavors, because all he does is troll, and says that they are taking over NY. He said the were contenders RIGHT after they went 12-70. He's an Idiot.

Evolution23
09-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Prokhorov is the richest and coolest owner in sports. He does not know how to fail. I cant wait to see where the Nets go down the line

Last I checked there's a salary cap in the NBA so that rich part doesn't mean anything. Being the coolest owner will get you #SWAG points, which will win many rings. You got me there!

LAKERMANIA
09-21-2012, 10:17 PM
I dont see them winning in 3 years..

Evolution23
09-21-2012, 10:20 PM
To be honest, and I know you won't like hearing this, but the Nets have a better chance of advancing further into the playoffs than your Knicks. Not trying to bait or anything, but i think BKN has an actual set direction with ownership, management, head coach Avery Johnson (who has taken a team to the finals before in the very tough west) and down to their superstar Deron Williams.

Knicks on the other hand have a owner who knows nothing about basketball (Dolan), don't even know how many GMs they've fired in the last couple of seasons, their head coach (although I think he's a great guy) won't get you far as he constantly got the Hawks to the 2nd round in the Weak East, only to get swept yr after yr after yr, and there's still chemistry issues between the two superstars in Melo and Amare, and you can't just count on or expect an old and slow JKidd to help make things right for that team. It seemed the Knicks had a set direction moving forward with Melo, Amare and their new marketing star and uprising improving Jeremy Lin, but we know how that all of a sudden turned out. You also lost on a solid young guy in Fields. I don't even know where your franchise is heeding towards, they don't have a set identity.

To be honest and i'm not trying to bait here but the Nets have a better point guard right now than the Lakers. I know this thread is about the Nets, but let me just bring the Lakers in the convo real quick. The Nets have a better direction than the Lakers. Avery Johnson took the Mavs to the finals in a very tough Western converefence meanwhile Mike Brown doesn't know how to run an offense. He doesn't get the respect of his players like Coach Kobe, Artest, and Bynum. So I know you don't like hearing this but this thread is still about the Nets.

JNoel
09-21-2012, 10:21 PM
I think JJ and Lopez are good pieces that can mesh well with DWill. I'm sure Nets can get a replacement for Humphries moving forward, but I'd like to see what they can G-Wall + draft picks into for a stud small forward.

I've never thought highly of Lopez, I think a package of Lopez, JJ (somehow), and Brooks is enough to get a star

Humphries is a stud in my opinion, he has an equal skill set to Blake Griffin besides athleticism but he's always been a blue-collar type player who I think will have a better season than Lopez.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Last I checked there's a salary cap in the NBA so that rich part doesn't mean anything. Being the coolest owner will get you #SWAG points, which will win many rings. You got me there!

Well let's see based on the amount of luxury tax he is wiping his *** with while resigning all their core guys and the amount he spent on making the arena into a state of the art facility where players want to play and spending on things like team chefs etc. i would say his money helps.

DoMeFavors
09-21-2012, 10:30 PM
You hope Kris Humphries grows up? the hell

And yes they will win a title in next 3 years.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-21-2012, 10:30 PM
To be honest and i'm not trying to bait here but the Nets have a better point guard right now than the Lakers. I know this thread is about the Nets, but let me just bring the Lakers in the convo real quick. The Nets have a better direction than the Lakers. Avery Johnson took the Mavs to the finals in a very tough Western converefence meanwhile Mike Brown doesn't know how to run an offense. He doesn't get the respect of his players like Coach Kobe, Artest, and Bynum. So I know you don't like hearing this but this thread is still about the Nets.

llullz, you mad?

Oh, and to correct you, Mike Brown just like Avery Johnson led his team to the best record in the league, but Mike did it 2 consecutive yrs and AJ did it once. BOth have COY awards. And finally, Mike Brown led LeBron and the Cavs to the 07 finals.

You're Welcome. ;)

Oh, and if you really don't like what I have to say regarding this topic or the Knicks...

THEN DON'T WATCH!!!!

Evolution23
09-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Well let's see based on the amount of luxury tax he is wiping his *** with while resigning all their core guys and the amount he spent on making the arena into a state of the art facility where players want to play and spending on things like team chefs etc. i would say his money helps.

See how much Lakers are paying in luxury tax next year.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 10:35 PM
See how much Lakers are paying in luxury tax next year.

Yup and they are the favorites to win it all. Your point?

TheNumber37
09-21-2012, 10:40 PM
so they ARE getting Howard next year.

Raye
09-21-2012, 10:44 PM
I've never really gotten the argument that if that team gets one more superstar then they're contenders. Give almost every team in the league another star and they'll be contenders.

netsgiantsyanks
09-21-2012, 10:47 PM
llullz, you mad?

Oh, and to correct you, Mike Brown just like Avery Johnson led his team to the best record in the league, but Mike did it 2 consecutive yrs and AJ did it once. BOth have COY awards. And finally, Mike Brown led LeBron and the Cavs to the 07 finals.

You're Welcome. ;)

Oh, and if you really don't like what I have to say regarding this topic or the Knicks...

THEN DON'T WATCH!!!!

correction: lebron led the 07 cavs to the finals.

Dade County
09-21-2012, 11:20 PM
so they ARE getting Howard next year.

This... and Lbj must be planning to sign their too.

I wouldn't be shocked.... I mean any good soap opera has to have twist and turns.

Losoway
09-21-2012, 11:26 PM
they have a championship contending STARTING squad

they just need to work on there bench

Slug3
09-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Yup and they are the favorites to win it all. Your point?

According to?

heyman321
09-21-2012, 11:33 PM

Lol Prokhorov is the richest owner in the NBA, besides Paul Allen. He's worth $13 billion dollars. He can afford to go deep into the luxury, he owns an oil conglomerate for gods sake. This NBA team is just a hobby, he can spend spend spend, he probably wipes his *** with live rabbits anyways.

jmoney85
09-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Prokhorov doesnt know basketball, like at all. I think he actually might be DoMeFavors, because all he does is troll, and says that they are taking over NY. He said the were contenders RIGHT after they went 12-70. He's an Idiot.

thats funny because I dont remember this

Gram
09-21-2012, 11:44 PM
I can't see it.

Iron24th
09-22-2012, 01:41 AM
I could see them winning in 3 years if they keep there core.

Excuse me?!

And who do they sign to do this?!?!

Jesse2272
09-22-2012, 02:34 AM
Gotta love an owner like this

mrblisterdundee
09-22-2012, 03:34 AM

You can spend over it; you just pay double the money.

D.O.N.
09-22-2012, 05:09 AM
I Think we have a decent chance. Everybody seem to agree that our starting unit is good enought. As far as the bench goes. In the playoffs team usually only use 8-9 players.

Watson - i think, is a really good backup.
Brooks- He has to improve, but already is a good scorer
All we need would be some good backup bigs, but who knows how tele would work out and even blatche has some potential...

I dont think we're already contenders, but if we add 1-2 Midlevel or mini-midlevel players. or make a big steal in an upcoming draft then we would be as good as anyone IMO.

imagesrdecievin
09-22-2012, 05:16 AM
What I like most about the Nets chances going forward is we have a good blend of veteran and youth all locked up for the next 4 years. I expect Lopez, Marshon and Bogdanovic(when he comes over) to grow and replace the lost production from JJ and Wallace.

Teletovic is also a big wild card. If he busts it's a big hit to our playoff hopes. On the other hand if he can live up to half of what he did in Europe then we have a much better bench than anyone wants to admit.

Evolution23
09-22-2012, 06:46 AM
:moon: :injury: = Butt hurt

Salty?

I try to avoid all salt from my diet. I'm trying to gain another 10 lbs of muscle by December. But this thread is still about the Nets.

Evolution23
09-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Lol Prokhorov is the richest owner in the NBA, besides Paul Allen. He's worth $13 billion dollars. He can afford to go deep into the luxury, he owns an oil conglomerate for gods sake. This NBA team is just a hobby, he can spend spend spend, he probably wipes his *** with live rabbits anyways.

So what if he has money. You don't think the Lakers can spend that kind of money? The point is you still need stars in your team to win a ship. The Nets only have one and can't afford another one. Unless they are gonna sign Dwight for a minimum next offseason. :eyebrow:

StarvingKnick22
09-22-2012, 08:22 AM
thats funny because I dont remember this

Then you suck
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2010-05-19-nba-insider_N.htm

NYsFinest
09-22-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't see it... they have a lot of untradeable guys who will start declining very soon and don't really have an ability to add much more to the roster. Before Nets fans attack me for saying this... I think the Knicks are pretty much in the same boat. We are going to have two very solid teams in NY that will fall short for the next 3 years. Should be fun to watch them compete, but they do not stack up with the Heat, Lakers, Thunder.

netsgiantsyanks
09-22-2012, 09:16 AM
if they can get it together, i could see them making a big push in the next 5 years.

themadstork
09-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Lol, I don't know if the Nets will win in 3 years....but I doubt thats the point. The point is this...they already matter, they're already talked about in the same exact circles as the Knicks and in a year or two they'll leave the Knicks in their wake.

They may not win it in 3 years, but they'll contend. And by then they'll be THE hoops team in NYC.

And by then, most of the butt hurt Knicks fans will be wearing Black and White.

-Stork

StarvingKnick22
09-22-2012, 09:35 AM
^I really am getting pissed about these ****ing type of comments. We hate the nets, and i seriously doubt that people will leave an organization with one that is new. Its just annoying as ****

themadstork
09-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Trust me son, they'll leave the Knicks in droves. You may stay loyal, and if you do, kudos to you. But that doesn't change the fact that fan loyalty is fickle, especially in the face of a better alternative.

-Stork

StarvingKnick22
09-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Trust me son, they'll leave the Knicks in droves. You may stay loyal, and if you do, kudos to you. But that doesn't change the fact that fan loyalty is fickle, especially in the face of a better alternative.

-Stork

You forgot that the Dodgers had to leave, right?

MTar786
09-22-2012, 10:05 AM
3 years from now they can get much better. id actually say they need 4 years. by then the lakers will be done.. miami wont be half as good because wade will be done. lebron and bosh will be on the decline, allen, lewis and battier shoud be retired. okc will be their only competition from these days.. thats if they keep their core together.

bucketss
09-22-2012, 10:23 AM
I've never thought highly of Lopez, I think a package of Lopez, JJ (somehow), and Brooks is enough to get a star

Humphries is a stud in my opinion, he has an equal skill set to Blake Griffin besides athleticism but he's always been a blue-collar type player who I think will have a better season than Lopez.

if that what they're trading than that star won't be any better than joe johnson.

bucketss
09-22-2012, 10:24 AM
3 years from now they can get much better. id actually say they need 4 years. by then the lakers will be done.. miami wont be half as good because wade will be done. lebron and bosh will be on the decline, allen, lewis and battier shoud be retired. okc will be their only competition from these days.. thats if they keep their core together.

well if lebron and bosh is in the decline than so would deron right? and also joe johnson and wallace.

jmoney85
09-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Then you suck
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2010-05-19-nba-insider_N.htm

where did he say anything about being a contender?

VRP723
09-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Only one? Seems modest.

DoMeFavors'd

NYsFinest
09-22-2012, 11:10 AM

-Stork

This is the overused statement by Nets fans that I don't understand... what exactly shows that the Nets are a better alternative? Do Nets fans even know the history of their own franchise? Nets have been one of the few organizations that make the Knicks look good. Lets not pretend like a shiny arena, new colors and a few overpaid players make you the staple of excellence in NYC. Nets fans need to slow down... this isn't the Lakers or the Celtics coming to Brooklyn.

Knicks still play in the heart of NYC, have been here for decades and have a good team now... the Nets are building this "hip" urban brand in a unimpresive residential neighborhood, while the Knicks play on 33rd and 7th and have loyalty that goes back generations. The Nets will obviously be better off than they were in that swamp, but lets not get carried away.

This is what drives me crazy about this franchise, they were losers for decades with no fans... the second they move to a big city the franchise and their tiny fanbase suddenly can't keep their mouth shut. Win some games before announcing a "takeover" or creating rivalries that don't exist.

themadstork
09-22-2012, 11:19 AM
I may be fond of the Nets, but I'm hardly a die hard fan....more like an interested observer. Frankly, I really don't like basketball, the game has gotten boring as hell.

There is one hard, true fact about the trials and tribulations of being a sports fan though...there is no escaping bad, meddlesome ownership, and Dolan is about as bad as it gets.

But then you already know that.

-Stork

nickdymez
09-22-2012, 11:19 AM

You shouldn't watch

StarvingKnick22
09-22-2012, 11:24 AM
where did he say anything about being a contender?

he said they would win a Title, I honestly find that as "contending":facepalm:

Rockice_8
09-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Well to be fair Prokorov when he bought the team said 5 years and that was 2 years ago so he's just sticking to his 5 year plan. I mean 5 years ago people laughed at him but alot of what he said is coming into form. From the amazing arena to having a possible contending team.

In the East there is MIA and not much else. I like BOS but as much as people want to call out Wallace and JJ for being old the C's have 2 of their 3 most important players on their last legs, especially KG. Expeirence and chemistry is in BOS favor but there is no reason a healthy Nets team can't beat them in the playoffs.

While the Nets are not the favorites in the East anything can happen and if they made the ECF this year and played MIA tough would not surprise me at all. Over the next 3 years it will be very tough for Prokorov's plans to come true with LAL and MIA looking so tough I don't think anyone wants to see the Nets when they are playing their best ball cause I think they have the talent to beat anyone even maybe a shocker in the ECF.

MTar786
09-22-2012, 12:37 PM
well if lebron and bosh is in the decline than so would deron right? and also joe johnson and wallace.

no matter who i have on my team.. my chances are better going up against a miami team with their 3 superstars on the decline.. rather than in their prime

DoMeFavors
09-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Knicks are nobodys in my mind, I am not gunning anything about them they just arent a good team. To be a good team Nets have to worry about Celtics and Heat in the East. In my mind Knicks are just like Pacers a team that will never achieve anything.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2012, 01:41 PM
they are not winning a title as currently constructed. They have bad defense, and minimal depth. Who knows what they can do in the trade market, but they are locked into some big deals for players that don't deserve that money. I like their chances to host a playoff series in the next 3 years, but not win a title.

xILLN355
09-22-2012, 02:07 PM
llullz, you mad?

You're Welcome. ;)

THEN DON'T WATCH!!!!
it was such a promising thread the first few post..until knicks fans had to join in lol

xILLN355
09-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Well to be fair Prokorov when he bought the team said 5 years and that was 2 years ago so he's just sticking to his 5 year plan. I mean 5 years ago people laughed at him but alot of what he said is coming into form. From the amazing arena to having a possible contending team.

In the East there is MIA and not much else. I like BOS but as much as people want to call out Wallace and JJ for being old the C's have 2 of their 3 most important players on their last legs, especially KG. Expeirence and chemistry is in BOS favor but there is no reason a healthy Nets team can't beat them in the playoffs.

While the Nets are not the favorites in the East anything can happen and if they made the ECF this year and played MIA tough would not surprise me at all. Over the next 3 years it will be very tough for Prokorov's plans to come true with LAL and MIA looking so tough I don't think anyone wants to see the Nets when they are playing their best ball cause I think they have the talent to beat anyone even maybe a shocker in the ECF.

those guys have what you call the "heart of a champion"

JasonJohnHorn
09-22-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't see a problem wiht Humphries... why people always gotta hate on him?

jmoney85
09-22-2012, 03:00 PM
he said they would win a Title, I honestly find that as "contending":facepalm:

he didnt say they would win a title the year after 12-70 like you said

he said 5 years championship

in those exact words

jmoney85
09-22-2012, 03:02 PM
they are not winning a title as currently constructed. They have bad defense, and minimal depth. Who knows what they can do in the trade market, but they are locked into some big deals for players that don't deserve that money. I like their chances to host a playoff series in the next 3 years, but not win a title.

wouldnt expect anything else from a bonafide net hater

Hawkeye15
09-22-2012, 03:10 PM

now I am a Net hater? hahahahahahahahah

Heatcheck
09-22-2012, 03:18 PM
This isnt soccer, comrade, You cant just indiscriminately toss your cash around until you finally win something. The fact that he chose such a small window makes me wonder if he knows what he's doing.

Heatcheck
09-22-2012, 03:20 PM

he aint wrong buddy. You have no shot as things stand.

Piercefan34
09-22-2012, 03:47 PM
This isnt soccer, comrade, You cant just indiscriminately toss your cash around until you finally win something. The fact that he chose such a small window makes me wonder if he knows what he's doing.

thats actually how all sports work son.

HOZ THE KNICK
09-22-2012, 03:50 PM
the nets will win a championship in 3 yrs after the knicks win the next 2, what's up....

Chill_Will_24
09-22-2012, 03:59 PM

He is correct. Who in our team is going to keep Lebron and Wade out of the paint? How the hell are we supposed to be a good defense with our C being Lopez who while not horrible at defense is not good either?

Our offense will be ok but our defense needs to somehow improve and we do not have the players to do that.

Jesse2272
09-22-2012, 04:01 PM
the nets will win a championship in 3 yrs after the knicks win the next 2, what's up....

Co-signed

Close thread! :D

Punk
09-22-2012, 05:46 PM
He is correct. Who in our team is going to keep Lebron and Wade out of the paint? How the hell are we supposed to be a good defense with our C being Lopez who while not horrible at defense is not good either?

Our offense will be ok but our defense needs to somehow improve and we do not have the players to do that.

The perimeter defense isn't the issue, It's interior defense. Johnson, Wallace, Bogans are smart defenders and know how to defend Wade/LeBron. Reggie Evans is the only good defender in the interior and that's the weakness of the Nets.

3 years to fix the PF/C defense position shouldn't be too hard.

_KB24_
09-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Too much money commited to undeserving players. Johnson and Brook Lopez contract alone are stagnant enough to not let them go out and sign any high impact free agents. Depth is also a concern, I just don't see how it's attainable. The Nets have pretty much signed themselves up for 5 years of mediocrity, going to be fun to watch on defense but still considerable ways away from serious contender.

sharqstealth
09-22-2012, 06:17 PM

Best post i've read here! :clap:

sharqstealth
09-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Within 3 years he'll learn that having so much money doesnt mean you can have everything you want... This is the NBA and its not anywhere near Russia

Evolution23
09-22-2012, 08:14 PM

I don't understand why every one is hoping on the Nets Wagon. They haven't done any thing yet and are talking about winning championships with an overpaid roster except Deron Williams. You can't just make bold statements like that without having a legitimate team to back it up.

Evolution23
09-22-2012, 08:17 PM

It's not soccer or baseball. You can't just lure players onto your team promising prostitutes and weed. Regardless if you are the richest owner, you still have to follow the rules of the cap system.

Evolution23
09-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Within 3 years he'll learn that having so much money doesnt mean you can have everything you want... This is the NBA and its not anywhere near Russia

In Russia, car drives you, so you never know.

LakersMaster24
09-22-2012, 09:16 PM
I remember Prokhorov promising playoffs the year he bought them, and they didn't make it.

JNA17
09-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Can this season just start already? The nets fans here are getting more annoying by the day. :facepalm:

smith&wesson
09-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Tough to make promices because then you lose the faith of your fans if you come up short. the lakers with howard, nash, kobe & gasol arent even a sure thing. miami with wade, bosh and lebron arent even guranteed a ship. its deep league now. injuries play a factor, every championship team needs a little luck on their side.

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Can this season just start already? The nets fans here are getting more annoying by the day. :facepalm:

Which Net fans exactly? I barely see anyone in here thats a Net fan.

Silent
09-22-2012, 11:03 PM

Mark Cuban Says hello

MetroMan
09-22-2012, 11:07 PM
lol

JNA17
09-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Mark Cuban Says hello

Mark Cuban is the biggest ******* owner in basketball. He's not "cool" in any definition. And a pretty crappy person to boot.

Plus, a rich Russian>>>>>>>>> a crappy person EVERYTIME!

Chill_Will_24
09-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Mark Cuban Says hello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7OYLWHtCDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iLidHvQ08

Find me an NBA owner or sports owner that is as bad*** as Prokhorov.

Jesse2272
09-22-2012, 11:37 PM

Hes gangstah

I would definitely hang with him...

Evolution23
09-23-2012, 02:08 AM

HEY HEY "New York, New York" is officially reserved for Manhattan and the Knicks. You guys can have "Brooklyn we go hard."

Chill_Will_24
09-23-2012, 02:35 AM
HEY HEY "New York, New York" is officially reserved for Manhattan and the Knicks. You guys can have "Brooklyn we go hard."

:laugh2: I can live with that but i did not make the video. I would hope they come out with a song for Manhattan to avoid confusion.

Nets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQZlXWU0aO0

Knicks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvIaluknw9k

Fair? :)

Knicks21
09-23-2012, 03:18 AM
:laugh2: I can live with that but i did not make the video. I would hope they come out with a song for Manhattan to avoid confusion.

Nets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQZlXWU0aO0

Knicks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvIaluknw9k

Fair? :)

I dont understand the point of this, and where not the Manhattan Knicks. Its NY Knicks, including Brooklyn and the rest of NYC.

SK6
09-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Too much money commited to undeserving players. Johnson and Brook Lopez contract alone are stagnant enough to not let them go out and sign any high impact free agents. Depth is also a concern, I just don't see how it's attainable. The Nets have pretty much signed themselves up for 5 years of mediocrity, going to be fun to watch on defense but still considerable ways away from serious contender.

I approve this ^^^ message.
The Nets are really banking on Lopez becoming a much better player defensively and Joe Johnson becoming a closer.
The only way I see the Nets winning it all with their current players is if Prokorov pays off the refs.

RB#20
09-23-2012, 12:42 PM

Your sig is great. Did you know that there was a town that didn't like its 2 candidates for mayor so they voted for the local store owner's cat? It stands with the us government lol cat is the mayor of a town. That is my contribution to this topic.

SINCESTARBURY25
09-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Knicks are nobodys in my mind, I am not gunning anything about them they just arent a good team. To be a good team Nets have to worry about Celtics and Heat in the East. In my mind Knicks are just like Pacers a team that will never achieve anything.

Yeah because the Pacers have someone like Carmelo

SINCESTARBURY25
09-23-2012, 01:13 PM
And to all Nets fans ive watched Joe Johnson in ATL for years he is one of my favorite Hawks of all time but he is not the answer your looking for.

Chill_Will_24
09-23-2012, 01:20 PM
I dont understand the point of this, and where not the Manhattan Knicks. Its NY Knicks, including Brooklyn and the rest of NYC.

It was a joke. Try not to think so hard kiddo.

Chill_Will_24
09-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah because the Pacers have someone like Carmelo

I would take Paul George and Granger over Melo everytime