PDA

View Full Version : Will the Miami Heat have more titles than the San Antonio Spurs .....

JordansBulls
09-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Will the Miami Heat have more titles than the SA Spurs by the time Wade and Lebron are done playing?

Right now the Spurs have 4 titles and the Heat have 2 titles.

Thoughts!!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Maybe, but the way the Spurs won their titles was impressive, and probably would have won more if it were not for the Shaq-Kobe Lakers. Plus, the Spurs never lost in the finals either, so that right there is more impressive.

NoahH
09-21-2012, 02:21 PM
idk..

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Probably. Lebron on your team and anything is possible. That guy is simply amazing

SteBO
09-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Maybe, but the way the Spurs won their titles was impressive, and probably would have won more if it were not for the Shaq-Kobe Lakers. Plus, the Spurs never lost in the finals either, so that right there is more impressive.
I think I agree with you here, but in the end does it really matter? As long as you get to where you wanna go that's all that should matter. In saying that, there's a great chance Miami could surpass them in titles but the road will only get tougher year after year.

ink
09-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Good thread question. Probably the Heat. I prefer the Spurs but like the KB-Pau-DH says, they had to go through the Shaq-Kobe Lakers and that was a non-starter.

We'll see how the Nash-Kobe-Howard Lakers fare in getting to the finals this year ...

If so, and if they can win a title or two before Kobe and Nash retire (big Ifs) the Heat's championship run may be shorter than we think.

One thing I know for sure is that I'd rather see a well-made franchise like the Spurs win than 2 All Star perimeter players and others win. I just enjoy seeing a well-built roster succeed year in year out.

beasted86
09-21-2012, 02:28 PM

I don't know what logic you concocted to determine losing in early rounds is better than losing in the Finals.

Dade County
09-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Miami HEAT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellcrooner
09-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Probably not.

Id be surprised if the Thunder and lakers dont win at least one each in the next 4 years.

That means 2 more rings to Heat tying the spurs.

After that? who knows...... and that not even counting Lebron may want to bolt once his contract is over ( L.a will have the capspace, chicago may have the capspace, and cleveland will have the capspace , kyrie and lebron probably feels he still owes them some)

Hellcrooner
09-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Good thread question. Probably the Heat. I prefer the Spurs but like the KB-Pau-DH says, they had to go through the Shaq-Kobe Lakers and that was a non-starter.

We'll see how the Nash-Kobe-Howard Lakers fare in getting to the finals this year ...

If so, and if they can win a title or two before Kobe and Nash retire (big Ifs) the Heat's championship run may be shorter than we think.

One thing I know for sure is that I'd rather see a well-made franchise like the Spurs win than 2 All Star perimeter players and others win. I just enjoy seeing a well-built roster succeed year in year out.

The you would love this years lakers, they have either a good or a star player at each of 5 positions.

ink
09-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Probably not.

Id be surprised if the Thunder and lakers dont win at least one each in the next 4 years.

After that? who knows...... and that not even counting Lebron may want to bolt once his contract is over ( L.a will have the capspace, chicago may have the capspace, and cleveland will have the capspace , kyrie and lebron probably feels he still owes them some)

idk about the Thunder. I know Miami shut them down but they looked really bad in the finals last year. Durant jump shooting and Westbrook making bad drive after bad drive after bad decision all the time. And they will likely lose Harden too. idk if the Thunder are going to be the ones to take titles away from the Heat.

ink
09-21-2012, 02:41 PM
The you would love this years lakers, they have either a good or a star player at each of 5 positions.

There's no doubt they are going to amaze. And I've been saying that their balance is better than anything we've seen since the 2008 Celtics, another team that was great to watch play the game. I know you are going to be happy seeing Pau get the ball in good position all the time too. Nash has never had two bigs to work with like these two, and obviously he's never had a SG like Kobe either.

Hellcrooner
09-21-2012, 02:47 PM
There's no doubt they are going to amaze. And I've been saying that their balance is better than anything we've seen since the 2008 Celtics, another team that was great to watch play the game. I know you are going to be happy seeing Pau get the ball in good position all the time too. Nash has never had two bigs to work with like these two, and obviously he's never had a SG like Kobe either.

Im not sure pau stays for playoffs tough.

And im not sure they are going to do the RIGHT THING.

Kobe 20 ppg

Pau and howard 17 ppg

nash 12 ppg.

if kobe still gets his 24 and dwight wants his 20+

the experiment will be a failure.

kdspurman
09-21-2012, 02:50 PM
It's not totally out of the question to assume SA doesn't win another too despite what most folks think on here :)

DoMeFavors
09-21-2012, 02:55 PM
People are voting Spurs because they hate the Heat, the Heat will end up having half the titles the Celtics and Lakers have and end up doing it in a 10 year span.

ink
09-21-2012, 02:57 PM
People are voting Spurs because they hate the Heat, the Heat will end up having half the titles the Celtics and Lakers have and end up doing it in a 10 year span.

Or maybe some of us just like the Spurs.

You know, respect for one of the most formidable organizations of the last decade?

Hellcrooner
09-21-2012, 02:59 PM
People are voting Spurs because they hate the Heat, the Heat will end up having half the titles the Celtics and Lakers have and end up doing it in a 10 year span.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oefarmy2005
09-21-2012, 03:06 PM
I voted Spurs, and the simple reason being that it was easier when the Spurs got their titles. Now we have multiple teams with 2+ superstar players so I don't see the Heat getting more than 3. If there was an option for equal, I'd go with that.

Avenged
09-21-2012, 03:06 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

kdspurman
09-21-2012, 03:08 PM
I voted Spurs, and the simple reason being that it was easier when the Spurs got their titles. Now we have multiple teams with 2+ superstar players so I don't see the Heat getting more than 3. If there was an option for equal, I'd go with that.

I don't know if that's entirely true.... Just because teams have 2+ Superstars/All-Stars doesn't mean things are necessarily harder. TEAMS were more well rounded then could be the counter-argument..

Da Knicks
09-21-2012, 03:09 PM
I cant see the Heat winning even one more title, last season was the season to do it and they did it good for them. A long season will not be good for miami going to the finals two years in a row a lot of wear and tear. Lebron playing style equals injury to me, attacking the rim so much is good for percantages and all of the other stats but not for a long career. Wade looked pretty bad at times and a bunch of teams are looking good now. Spurs 3 chips to the Heats 1 imo...

Big Zo
09-21-2012, 03:20 PM
I cant see the Heat winning even one more title, last season was the season to do it and they did it good for them. A long season will not be good for miami going to the finals two years in a row a lot of wear and tear. Lebron playing style equals injury to me, attacking the rim so much is good for percantages and all of the other stats but not for a long career. Wade looked pretty bad at times and a bunch of teams are looking good now. Spurs 3 chips to the Heats 1 imo...

But the Knicks are gonna win a ton, right? Btw, how's our asterisk taste?

kdspurman
09-21-2012, 03:21 PM
But the Knicks are gonna win a ton, right? Btw, how's our asterisk taste?

Kinda harsh for someone's opinion lol

SteBO
09-21-2012, 03:23 PM
You do know that it's alot tougher on your body to play the way those guys play in shorter, condensed schedule right? I'll never understand why people think that because the season was shortened it worked as an advantage for Miami. If anything, it served as hindrance and they simply overcame it. Now with a normal schedule, which means more rest, it should be easier to play the way they play.

DoMeFavors
09-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Next 10 years

Miami Heat 8 titles
Brooklyn Nets 2 titles

kdspurman
09-21-2012, 03:27 PM
You do know that it's alot tougher on your body to play the way those guys play in shorter, condensed schedule right? I'll never understand why people think that because the season was shortened it worked as an advantage for Miami. If anything, it served as hindrance and they simply overcame it. Now with a normal schedule, which means more rest, it should be easier to play the way they play.

Yep... The condensed schedule made things much tougher. Less practice time, less time to game plan for teams, and as you said takes a toll on the body.

therealwd27
09-21-2012, 03:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

DoMeFavors
09-21-2012, 03:40 PM
You know how Lakers and Celtics have so much history and are considered the best franchises in the NBA...this span of the Miami Heat they will achieve that sucess and be one of the best dynastys of all time. Miami Heat started like 20 years ago and have 2 championships already. In 20 years they will be up there with Bulls,Celtics,Lakers in best NBA franchises of all time.

therealwd27
09-21-2012, 03:41 PM

Has LeBron missed time in the past to support your theory?:facepalm:

He is built like a tank and hes not a fat **** like melo. They won a ring in one of the toughest seasons to date. And now that LeBron doesnt have that pressure you mean to tell me he isnt going to get better? hes just entering his prime and he already has 3 MVPS! do you know anything about sports? or are you just a typical ignorant knick fan

Hurricane H
09-21-2012, 03:49 PM

If the heat will win half the titles the Celtics(17) and Lakers(16) have then the heat has to win 15 titles in 10 years. You want to do your math again?

17+16=33
33/2=16.5

DoMeFavors
09-21-2012, 03:50 PM
If the heat will win half the titles the Celtics(17) and Lakers(16) have then the heat has to win 15 titles in 10 years. You want to do your math again?

17+16=33
33/2=16.5

NOT PUT TOGETHER

Half of each win

so if Heat win 8 they will have won 10 championships that means they will have 10 compared to Celtics and Lakers 17 and 16

Hardaway Here
09-21-2012, 03:51 PM
it's definitely possible for the heat to win more but the same can be said for the spurs just got to wait and see

topdog
09-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Where's the option for "tie?" I'm not sold that Miami goes on any kind of tear here. They are far from unstoppable and Wade is hitting that point where his athletic-based game is going to be subject to his age.

topdog
09-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Or maybe some of us just like the Spurs.

You know, respect for one of the most formidable organizations of the last decade?

Wait! You mean the Spurs who always seem to find the "steal of the draft?" The Spurs that revive players careers? The Spurs who are building a young core behind their championship core and getting them minutes because they rest the old fellas during the regular season? Those Spurs?!

How dare anybody! :p

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Where's the option for "tie?" I'm not sold that Miami goes on any kind of tear here. They are far from unstoppable and Wade is hitting that point where his athletic-based game is going to be subject to his age.

I believe that the league will protect Mr. James and Mr. Wade for years to come when it comes to dribble drives and bail out situations.

BKLYNpigeon
09-21-2012, 04:20 PM
The Warriors have more Championships the the Heat =)

BKLYNpigeon
09-21-2012, 04:21 PM
I believe that the league will protect Mr. James and Mr. Wade for years to come when it comes to dribble drives and bail out situations.

The NFL Scab Referees are better then the NBA Referees.

DodgerDogg
09-21-2012, 04:26 PM
They will not have one, but 2, 3, 4, lol

KNICKS R BACK
09-21-2012, 04:27 PM
simply put...NO

NYKnicksAllDay
09-21-2012, 04:33 PM
They'll win at least 2 more.

topdog
09-21-2012, 04:37 PM

By the same token, you could say that the league wouldn't mind reviving the GOAT debate with another Kobe title.

I will just say that generally, the whole superstar call b.s. pisses me off and it's not just one or two players benefiting from it. The sad thing is that it is genius on Stern's part - superstars sell merchandise.

Dade County
09-21-2012, 04:46 PM
It's kind of hard for other fans to vote that the HEAT will have more titles then the spurs... Becasue that is saying that their teams wont win any championships as long as the HEAT have there 3 stars, ( and Riley can reload too ).

I mean Ny, Bulls, L.A, boston, Pacers. Clippers, Spurs, Okc...etc fans don't want to leave under an area of Lbj/Wade dominates, thats NO fun for them.... But these fans have to realize, that teams like this come around every 7yrs, so deal with it.

Jordan bulls.... everyone had to eat it.
Show time lakers
Shaq Lakers
Boston more then twice
Bad boys pistons
Spurs
etc......
And Now the HEAT ( I hope )

just want until 7 years from now, when the HEAT have to start over and build a new roster full of young players and there will be a new team to go on their run.... So what! Deal with it.

ink
09-21-2012, 04:49 PM
It's kind of hard for other fans to vote that the HEAT will have more titles then the spurs... Becasue that is saying that their teams wont win any championships as long as the HEAT have there 3 stars, ( and Riley can reload too ).

I mean Ny, Bulls, L.A, boston, Pacers. Clippers, Spurs, Okc...etc fans don't want to leave under an area of Lbj/Wade dominates, thats NO fun for them.... But these fans have to realize, that teams like this come around every 7yrs, so deal with it.

Show time lakers
Shaq Lakers
Boston more then twice
Bad boys pistons
Spurs
etc......

just want until 7 years from now, when the HEAT have to start over and build a new roster full of young players and there will be a new team to go on their run.... So what! Deal with it.

Honest question: how many elite years do you think they have left? Wade? LBJ? Bosh? Supporting cast? Team?

Dade County
09-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Honest question: how many elite years do you think they have left? Wade? LBJ? Bosh? Supporting cast? Team?

Elite... As a trio.... 3 more years.

But something is to be said about veterans that know how to play the game; I believe that Wade will be that type of veteran player.

And I believe that Riley will reload... The Lakers will not be the only team that can get star players every time in seems that their run is over.

Bosh hasn't even hit his prime to me... He is going to prove a lot of people wrong about him.

Lbj has like 4 more years of you can't do **** to me, I WIN mode left.

But you are reading a response of a HEAT fan that believes that the HEAT in the span of 5years, would have went to 5 straight championships and would have one 4 out of 5 of them ... sooo :D I can understand if you don't want to take me seriously.

I also believe that the league is corrupt and Lbj is a part of a secret society and Wade is protected by the powers to be.

Jesse2272
09-21-2012, 05:02 PM
I co-sign whatever Douglas decides to post

Bruno
09-21-2012, 05:16 PM
it could end in a tie. i doubt Miami gets four more to pass the SA dynasty.

kraze8
09-21-2012, 05:17 PM
The Heat will have there run just like the Lakers and Spurs did. I dont see them surpassing the Spurs in titles but who really knows. Year after year the Spurs build an elite team and the Lakers just did it again. The Thunder are right there as well even though they might lose Harden after this coming season. The Spurs may not have all the big names but they have the best front office and Head coach in the NBA today and they put together teams that win. People count them out every year including the years they won it all. "there too old, there too soft, they got no name players" but not one franchise can say they hope to play against the Spurs in the Playoffs!!!

topdog
09-21-2012, 05:28 PM

Show time lakers
Shaq Lakers
Boston more then twice
Bad boys pistons
Spurs
etc......

This just sounds homerish to me. The Heat have won 1 championship with the Big 3. We saw in the playoffs what a single injury can do to them (Bosh/Wade). They still have a lot to prove. This is the first year when people are gunning for them - Dallas was the team to beat last year.

Their formula is not very stable in that they simply try to lure whatever over-the-hill veterans they can to the team, but have no long-term replacements waiting in the wings. I certainly think they have a chance at a couple more championships with Lebron as the best player in the league and Bosh doing whatever he can to fill a role for the team, but to assume that this team is going to get 3 championships in say 5 years is ridiculous to me.

Btw, I'm a Minnesota fan who was intrigued by the idea of a "Big 3" happening (but disappointed at how they handled themselves). I'm looking at this strictly as a matter of 100 games of basketball being played.

Dade County
09-21-2012, 05:34 PM
I co-sign whatever Douglas decides to post

:laugh2:

Da Knicks
09-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Heat fans came after me hard lmao, look guys its my opinioin not gospel. I dont think the Heat are as good as most Heat fans think they are. They struggled a lot against teams they should of blown out. Lebron is a great player the best in the game atm because of his speed and strenghth not skill. Howard is kind of the same in that regard and its scary that any injury where speed and agility can be reduced can make these guys just ordinary players because of lack of skill. I would hate for any of those two players to get hurt because i like both of them but reality is the way they play is not built for long term. I will not be surprised to see one of them go down with a serious knee injury in the next three years. I hope to god it doesnt happen but just so much weight and jumping every posession into defenders is recipe for disaster.

Wade is already not the same player and going so deep into the playoffs these last couple of years will be tough on anyone. Its tough to repeat and three peat because of the wear and tear, and the heat made it two years in a row deep so they will be hurting no matter what people say. Lebron has being going deep in the playoffs for a while now, he is built strong but even the biggest go down and like the saying goes they will go down the hardest. Many teams can compete for the chip nowadays, no one gave the mavs a chance and they stunned the now unbeatable Heat! It can happen, the bulls when rose comes back will be in the mix, the knicks have a deep team that plays defense now, the nets have fire power with deron and joe, the celtics you can never count out, okc enough said, lakers have a pretty close to hall of fame lineup, spurs, wolves on the rise too many teams imo to say with a straight face they will have more chips than the spurs.

So before you go bash me again really think about it hard, these guys will be lucky to pull one more. I dont see it happening, i see Lebron changing teams before he holds another chip....

RaiderLakersA's
09-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Assuming the Spurs don't win any more titles between now and then...both will be tied with 4 titles.

SteBO
09-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Da Knicks, it's your opinion sure. But you're basing it off false claims.

Da Knicks
09-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Da Knicks, it's your opinion sure. But you're basing it off false claims.

Lebron has made it far in the playoffs for a while is not false.

Lebron having logged so many minutes including the olympics is not false.

The heat making it to the finals the last two years is not false.

Lebron driving the lane frequently is not false.

Lebron having sprained ankles in cleveland was a result of attacking the basket. Eventhough he is built like a tank like one of the heat posters put it.

Look Stebo I wanted Lbj to win a title to shut all the kobe fans that swear Kobe is still in the top 10 in the league. I can see why they think so highly of him though, the skill set. Lebron to me relies way to much on being faster and stronger and that will bite him in the butt.

I love Lebron and wish him well, he has being the best player for 4-5 years running no matter what anyone says. However an injury could really drop him more than most players because of his style of play. I hope he doesnt get hurt but big man get injuries on ankles and knees pretty easily, now add jumping into big man all the time. Man it gets tough to avoid it....:(

KingPosey
09-21-2012, 06:48 PM

lol

P-O-Z
09-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Heat fans came after me hard lmao, look guys its my opinioin not gospel. I dont think the Heat are as good as most Heat fans think they are. They struggled a lot against teams they should of blown out. Lebron is a great player the best in the game atm because of his speed and strenghth not skill. Howard is kind of the same in that regard and its scary that any injury where speed and agility can be reduced can make these guys just ordinary players because of lack of skill. I would hate for any of those two players to get hurt because i like both of them but reality is the way they play is not built for long term. I will not be surprised to see one of them go down with a serious knee injury in the next three years. I hope to god it doesnt happen but just so much weight and jumping every posession into defenders is recipe for disaster.

Wade is already not the same player and going so deep into the playoffs these last couple of years will be tough on anyone. Its tough to repeat and three peat because of the wear and tear, and the heat made it two years in a row deep so they will be hurting no matter what people say. Lebron has being going deep in the playoffs for a while now, he is built strong but even the biggest go down and like the saying goes they will go down the hardest. Many teams can compete for the chip nowadays, no one gave the mavs a chance and they stunned the now unbeatable Heat! It can happen, the bulls when rose comes back will be in the mix, the knicks have a deep team that plays defense now, the nets have fire power with deron and joe, the celtics you can never count out, okc enough said, lakers have a pretty close to hall of fame lineup, spurs, wolves on the rise too many teams imo to say with a straight face they will have more chips than the spurs.

So before you go bash me again really think about it hard, these guys will be lucky to pull one more. I dont see it happening, i see Lebron changing teams before he holds another chip....

Do you believe the **** you say?

P-O-Z
09-21-2012, 06:56 PM
IMO it comes down to wade, I know he is working with a shooting coach for the first time in his career. Lebron is only gonna get better as scary as it sounds, Bosh is shredding that soft label. This team has the potential of 4 championships in a 5 year span. But if I had to put a finger on it, when the Lebron/Big Three era is over in Miami, I see em winning 4 championships.

Da Knicks
09-21-2012, 07:02 PM

Its my opinion and im older now and have built my game to post up on offense and use my footwork instead of just attacking the basket every posession. I messed up my ankle pretty bad in my younger days because i wanted to attack and my post up game was really iffy. I have seen many friends get hurt over the years and my advise to younger players now is to develop a post up game if you want to stay playing for a while. I used to coach when i had time years ago and its hard to get kids to understand the importance of patience and learning how to get good footwork. We shall see what happens in the future with Lebron but i wish he really took it easy on his ankles and knees. Eventhough he is on the Heat i like him but his style will eventually have to change soon if he wants to avoid injury...just my two cents.

SteBO
09-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Lebron has made it far in the playoffs for a while is not false.

Lebron having logged so many minutes including the olympics is not false.

The heat making it to the finals the last two years is not false.

Lebron driving the lane frequently is not false.

Lebron having sprained ankles in cleveland was a result of attacking the basket. Eventhough he is built like a tank like one of the heat posters put it.

Look Stebo I wanted Lbj to win a title to shut all the kobe fans that swear Kobe is still in the top 10 in the league. I can see why they think so highly of him though, the skill set. Lebron to me relies way to much on being faster and stronger and that will bite him in the butt.

I love Lebron and wish him well, he has being the best player for 4-5 years running no matter what anyone says. However an injury could really drop him more than most players because of his style of play. I hope he doesnt get hurt but big man get injuries on ankles and knees pretty easily, now add jumping into big man all the time. Man it gets tough to avoid it....:(
Pretty sure we saw a sneak peak of his developing post game in the Finals, and LeBron for the past few years has had one of the best mid-range games in the league. Kobe is more polished at this point, but who's to say LeBron can't get to that point? He's only 27-28 years of age, and he's built. Kobe has had plenty of success logging so many minutes, with the 5 rings to prove it, so I have no doubts that LBJ will manage.

We'll see about Wade. He was clearly broken and hurt last year, and he's now healthy from what I hear. But no doubt he's hitting the declining stage, and injuries are indeed a sign of that.

Dade County
09-21-2012, 07:12 PM

F U man.... soda came flying out my mouth

:laugh2:

jericho
09-21-2012, 07:37 PM
i hate the heat but they do have a chance of catching up to the spurs and maybe pass them by the have like 6-7yrs of lebron 4-6yrs of wade left in them i dont want them to catch up 2 them but it is posible

not gonna happen lol domefavors just do me a favor and just shut up plz

todu82
09-21-2012, 07:41 PM
I think it'll end up being a tie between the 2 teams.

jericho
09-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Im not sure pau stays for playoffs tough.

And im not sure they are going to do the RIGHT THING.

Kobe 20 ppg

Pau and howard 17 ppg

nash 12 ppg.

if kobe still gets his 24 and dwight wants his 20+

the experiment will be a failure.

what i find funny bout the lakers is that kobe has been in the 2 most stacked teams in recent memory the first time he lost lets see what happens this yr back then i remember he had shaq malone and payton i really dont know who the small foward was but did it matter back then and they still lost to the pistons again lets see what happens this yr

jerellh528
09-21-2012, 07:47 PM
what i find funny bout the lakers is that kobe has been in the 2 most stacked teams in recent memory the first time he lost lets see what happens this yr back then i remember he had shaq malone and payton i really dont know who the small foward was but did it matter back then and they still lost to the pistons again lets see what happens this yr

yeah, kobe was also less mature back then, and payton and malone were very much outside thier prime, howard is just entering his prime, and nash will play at a high lever for the next 3 or 4 years..the sf was deavon george btw...
But NO, i dont expect the heat to catch the spurs, too much competition these days, they wll be lucky to get 1 more imo.

jericho
09-21-2012, 08:01 PM
yeah, kobe was also less mature back then, and payton and malone were very much outside thier prime, howard is just entering his prime, and nash will play at a high lever for the next 3 or 4 years..the sf was deavon george btw...
But NO, i dont expect the heat to catch the spurs, too much competition these days, they wll be lucky to get 1 more imo.

uff deavon george the guy that had a no trade clouse in his contract :confused:

that roster went from

payton :)
kobe :)
george :(
malone :)
shaq :)
lol

PurpleJesus
09-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I will say yes, because I think for the next 5 years, whatever team has Lebron on it, will be on the shortlist of contenders...not saying that Miami will win 5 titles in that span, but I think they will be in the top 3 all those years.

_KB24_
09-21-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't think so. Another 2 titles is a lot to ask for and it would mean they would most likely have to repeat.

theheatles
09-21-2012, 08:13 PM
There should have been an option for a tie

NBA-GMaster
09-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Yes!! If LeBron and Wade playing better every year..

effen5
09-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I give the heat maybe one more. That laker team is scary.....

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-22-2012, 12:48 PM
i just hope we build for the future as well, beyond lbj and wade to make miami an official elite franchise with a rich history that got built by Flash and LBJ "The Hulk" lol

TheSource
09-22-2012, 01:02 PM
If they don't get 7 I will be disappointed.

"Not 1, not 2, not 3.. not 6, not 7."

I believe they have around 4-5 years in their contracts, and I'm sure they will not be able to re-sign all three of their starters, let alone Ray Allen if he decides to stay. Add that to the fact that Lakers and OKC have their hands on at least 1 ring each, and the possibility of the Celtics and Spurs to also make a surprise, I only see the Heat winning 2 more at most.

tripleplay2007
09-22-2012, 01:15 PM
If this were the league they had before the "Shaq Rules" the Lakers would be dominating everyone, it doesn't matter how athletically gifted LeBron and Wade are, they wouldn't be getting their chicken **** calls and they wouldn't have the success they have in the no fly zone. In MJ's prime he would get touched under the basket, he dealt with more contact, and he never was an actor to get his calls. This is why I will never consider LeBron up to that par. As far as the Heat winning multiple championships... Idk about that one. Injuries do happen and there is a lot of good competition in the league which could jump them once Wade hurts his knee again, or Bosh gets worms.

naps
09-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Absolutely. 2 more with Wade still playing on an elite level. And then more after they (IF they do decide to stay together) sign on the next contract. LeBron and Bosh are only 27 each so they still have a window for next 7/8 years hands down.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Where's the tie option?

JordansBulls
09-22-2012, 03:32 PM
There should have been an option for a tie

Damn, forgot all about that. Mods can you add in an option just in case both franchises have the same number of titles. I'm surprised no one else caught this earlier.

Lakers4life08
09-22-2012, 04:48 PM
they need to win next 3 in a row,other wise no chance...Wade allrady declining ,James about 27-28 year old same with bosh....James at 30-31 year old won't be so fast and so athletic....Wade at 34 will be done already becouse he has no jumper.....they won't win 3 more rings....no chance...Thunders have better chance to win 3 in a row that Miami

topdog
09-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Damn, forgot all about that. Mods can you add in an option just in case both franchises have the same number of titles. I'm surprised no one else caught this earlier.

On the very first page and mutiple times after it was mentioned. I actually think it has been the most popular choice in peoples' posts.

Probably not.

JasonJohnHorn
09-22-2012, 05:35 PM
I went with the Spurs on this one, not because I think the Heat can't do it, but because I think with OKC and LAL stacked the way they are, it will be hard for the Heat to pull it off over the next three seasons, and once those contracts are up, I think we will see the Heat team taken apart. The way the CBA is set up it's just going to be too expensive to keep that team together. I can see James returnng to Cleveland. He's got some unfinished work there. As for Wade and Bosh... I dunno... I imagine that Wade will retire in a Heat uniform, but Bosh... who knows.

JordansBulls
09-23-2012, 05:20 PM
I think Wade has another good 3-4 years of elite play and Lebron another 5-6 years.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-23-2012, 06:48 PM
I went with the Spurs on this one, not because I think the Heat can't do it, but because I think with OKC and LAL stacked the way they are, it will be hard for the Heat to pull it off over the next three seasons, and once those contracts are up, I think we will see the Heat team taken apart. The way the CBA is set up it's just going to be too expensive to keep that team together. I can see James returnng to Cleveland. He's got some unfinished work there. As for Wade and Bosh... I dunno... I imagine that Wade will retire in a Heat uniform, but Bosh... who knows.

Are you that naive JJH? :laugh2:

#1 - Gilbert is not going to bring back LeBron.

#2 - Great franchises finds loopholes and ways around this new CBA. Look at the Lakers as prime example.

TopsyTurvy
09-24-2012, 02:09 AM
I don't think Wade's knees can win three titles in a row.

HiphopRelated
09-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Micky will pay to keep the core together when contracts are up, especially if they're winning multiple 'ships....he's not in the business of being a treadmill team by choice.

JordansBulls
10-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Update Poll so that an option can be Tied meaning same number of titles.