PDA

View Full Version : Dwight howard not ready to sign long term with Lakers

0nekhmer
09-21-2012, 09:22 AM
“Coming here to play with Kobe, Steve, Pau, and Metta (World Peace) is the ideal situation for me,” Howard said. “All those guy are great players, and there’s something I can learn from each one of them, and hopefully I can blend right in with everyone. “I’m not going to come right out and guarantee that we’re going to win a championship. But I can assure every Laker fan out there that we will bring our “A” game with us every time we step onto the court.”

So, while DH12 has had a lot of time to rehab, get used to his new home city and think about the risk he took in forcing a trade, there’s one thing hasn’t changed in Howard’s life — he’s nowhere close to signing a contract extension with the Lakers. ‘I think the best thing to do is talk about it at the end of the year,’ Howard said. ‘We just went through that last season, basically, and I don’t want to go through it again or see anyone have to go through it. This is going to be my decision, and I’m going to wait till the end of the year. But I’m happy to be in L.A. This is a great place. I love the coaching staff and I love the organization for everything they’ve done for me since I got traded here. Hopefully I’ll have a long career here in L.A.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/09/dwight-howard-not-yet-ready-to-make-a-commitment-to-the-lakers/

This guy loves the drama.

SteBO
09-21-2012, 09:24 AM
This isn't anything new. But I kinda doubt he leaves. It's the Lakers.

Heediot
09-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Longer extension available if he waits and re-signs. He leaves options for more money if he approaches it this way.

Davidgta1
09-21-2012, 09:28 AM
I can't lie it would be funny if he did leave.

beasted86
09-21-2012, 09:42 AM

This.

Heatcheck
09-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Money talks, hes not leaving 20mil on the table.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-21-2012, 09:55 AM
He'd just be missing out on a crapload more money that he'll get if he signs before next summer

Ill21
09-21-2012, 09:58 AM
S&T to the Nets for Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks and draft picks

Slug3
09-21-2012, 10:01 AM

I think sign and trades are no longer available to do.

Ill21
09-21-2012, 10:03 AM

That's right, i don't think teams can acquire players in a S&T if they are over the cap

Iron24th
09-21-2012, 10:05 AM

This.

I think he wants to stay, but needs to experience one year with them first before making any commitment.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

LongIslandIcedZ
09-21-2012, 10:09 AM
I still think he ends up on the Nets

srfr4life
09-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Would it be ironic for him to want to go back to Orlando considering his whole season last year and the way it played out? I don't think he ever would, but don't count it out. He's flip flopped before.

JiffyMix88
09-21-2012, 10:15 AM
i think i would like dwight again if he burned the lakers

beasted86
09-21-2012, 10:17 AM

That's right, i don't think teams can acquire players in a S&T if they are over the cap

I think the rule is no sign and trades for teams over the luxury tax where they take on more money in the trade. The rule isn't simply no sign and trades.

ghettosean
09-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Would it be ironic for him to want to go back to Orlando considering his whole season last year and the way it played out? I don't think he ever would, but don't count it out. He's flip flopped before.
When he gets boo'd his 1st game back in Orlando I gaurantee that the thought never even crosses his mind.

Mave1002
09-21-2012, 10:22 AM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/09/dwight-howard-not-yet-ready-to-make-a-commitment-to-the-lakers/

This guy loves the drama.

Title is kind of misleading with how the interview concluded. It's contradictory.

He doesnt love the drama, the media brings it to him.

"Hopefully I'll have a long career here in L.A."

StarvingKnick22
09-21-2012, 10:27 AM
ofcourse, They have to play, before he can decide whether its his home or not.

SteBO
09-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Title is kind of misleading with how the interview concluded. It's contradictory.

He doesnt love the drama, the media brings it to him.

"Hopefully I'll have a long career here in L.A."
I don't think he's leaving LA either, but "hopefully I'll have a long career here in LA" is similar to other statements that have been made by him in regards to Orlando. Long story short, prepare for the worst if you're the Lakers. It's far from a guarantee.

ldawg
09-21-2012, 10:39 AM
you all are reading to much into it. It makes sense for Howard to become a free agent. Longer contract more money. Mavs is the only other team that will have room but i dont think he leaves millions behind. At times Cuban seem like a cool owner but he is not determine to winning.

JNoel
09-21-2012, 10:43 AM
The new Dwightmare begins.

king4day
09-21-2012, 10:44 AM
I hope the Suns at least try to talk to him this offseason. Maybe being told he would be the man in Phoenix could at least plant an idea in his head. There'd be talent around him. More than he'll have in LA in a few years.

nickdymez
09-21-2012, 10:52 AM
i think i would like dwight again if he burned the lakers

Then dont watch

sp1derm00
09-21-2012, 11:08 AM
It says he's not close to signing an extension with the Lakers.

Same story we've heard all through the summer after he was traded. He won't sign an extension, but he will re-sign with the Lakers to get more money.

D Blue987
09-21-2012, 11:13 AM
lmao at this thread. I think other fans of other sports franchises need to prepare for the worst. Would you leave a max contract plus the extra 50 mil he is earning in endorsements for playing in a major city in LA on the table just to go play in mediocrity for the Nets or Dallas? I think not. You just have to think that Howard will re-up with the Lakers after this season. Common sense tells you so.

jd25213
09-21-2012, 11:13 AM

I think it would be better if he signed the vet minimum with the Nets.

JordansBulls
09-21-2012, 11:17 AM

It all depends on how he co-exists with Kobe. If Dwight isn't getting the touches he thinks he should get he may not want to stay.

Hellcrooner
09-21-2012, 11:24 AM
1 he gets more money if he signs in the summer

2 he probably isnt sure if KObe is gonna stop hogging like crazy.

slickback24
09-21-2012, 11:34 AM
TO ALL MY LAKERS FANS:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Best believe Dwight still plans on going to the Nets or the Mavs. LA is just the speed bump there. What Dwight wants he gets. And thats coming from a lakers fan.

RaiderLakersA's
09-21-2012, 11:46 AM
TO ALL MY LAKERS FANS:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Best believe Dwight still plans on going to the Nets or the Mavs. LA is just the speed bump there. What Dwight wants he gets. And thats coming from a lakers fan.

I don't think the fate of the Lakers hinges necessarily on Dwight signing long-term with the Lakers. If he helps to win a ring this year, that's all I can ask. Next year will take care of itself. I have confidence that even if DHo walks Mitch will work his magic elsewhere with other players.

sp1derm00
09-21-2012, 11:46 AM
It all depends on how he co-exists with Kobe. If Dwight isn't getting the touches he thinks he should get he may not want to stay.

You will be pleasantly surprised this season. Kobe plays really well off the ball. With Nash, the amount of touches you get will greatly depend on how good you are at playing off the ball and getting open looks/lanes to the basket.

NYKGuY
09-21-2012, 11:57 AM

It'd be funny if he did and went back to Orlando..... Oooooo the irony LOL

LongIslandIcedZ
09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
This team is going to be unbelievable

LakersKB24
09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Oh my god stop it already! Why would he commit to the team when he's yet to play a game with Kobe and the others???
Yes the whole thing was really annoying and Howard didn't really handle the situation the right way but what is he supposed to do now? The media keep asking the same questions over and over again. I think he said a number of times already that he likes to be here and is focused on getting healthy and playing THIS season.
Plus, if he guarantees to resign at the end of the season that's just bad negotiation.
He would get much more money by signing a new contract and the Lakers have the most to offer.
I also don't see where else he would go? The Nets can't just sign him and Dallas can't give him a better chance to win a championship with what they have right now. Also the new sign and trade rules will make it harder for Dwight to force his way to the Nets...
He will be a Laker for a long time, get used to it.

king4day
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
lmao at this thread. I think other fans of other sports franchises need to prepare for the worst. Would you leave a max contract plus the extra 50 mil he is earning in endorsements for playing in a major city in LA on the table just to go play in mediocrity for the Nets or Dallas? I think not. You just have to think that Howard will re-up with the Lakers after this season. Common sense tells you so.

Your points are valid but Brooklyn is in NY. You swap Howard with Lopez and they are title favorites or close to it. NY will get him just as many endorsements too.

I think we all know he'll remain in LA but it's fun to think of the possibilities. He's yet to say, "I will resign with the Lakers. I just want to wait until the offseason so I can maximize the deal I get." Should be a simple decision but until he says it, there's no reason not to think of what may happen.

MTar786
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
you guys are so delusioonal. its so obvious he's gonna resign.. as long as the front office doesnt suck and the lakers dont play like trash.

out of the 4 main players on the lakers.. kobes the only one who cares about scoring more than 20 a game. dwight likes to be a big part of the offense. but he doesnt mind not being the main point. so does nash pau and metta.

this laker team will be fine. kobe will force shots up still. dwight and metta will too from time to time. everyone else will play in the system..

SteBO
09-21-2012, 12:04 PM
After everything that has gone on with this guy, I fail to see why it's a "guarantee" that the guy stays. Money talks, which is the only reason why I find it hard to fathom him going anywhere else, but to say that it's set in stone and that it's "obvious he's going to re-sign" is silly to me. The opposite has happened before....

DoMeFavors
09-21-2012, 12:08 PM
WOW that sucks for Lakers they gave up all that and he wont even commit to an extension. Have fun trading him to us in Feb!

Punk
09-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I honestly, would not be surprised at all if he demands a trade to the Nets soon as he gets the opportunity.

slickback24
09-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Well put, I totally agree. Mitch knows how to handle situations like that

Punk
09-21-2012, 01:07 PM
I get Laker fans think and know Kobe, Gasol, Nash + the Lakers franchise is enough for him to stay BUT do you really put it past him to run to a team with less history like he clearly said he wants to do?

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-21-2012, 01:08 PM
The only reason he's not signing the extension is because he would be leaving 1-2 extra years on the table and 20+ million! He'll sign with the lakers as a free agent more years more money!

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-21-2012, 01:12 PM
I hope the Suns at least try to talk to him this offseason. Maybe being told he would be the man in Phoenix could at least plant an idea in his head. There'd be talent around him. More than he'll have in LA in a few years.

Umm no! That's a joke once Kobe and gasols contracts are up as well as everyone else's that same year, they'll have enough money to sign another star to pair with Dwight and maybe Kobe and gasol to cheap 1-2 year deals only player that will be under contract for the lakers after 2014 would be Nash and dwight

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Lol at the other 29 fan bases thinking he won't re-sign, wishful thinking as a matter of fact quote me on this! If Dwight doesn't resign with the lakers I'll leave PSD forever!!!
He's not leaving endorsements,millions and more years on his contract to go play somewhere else where the girls are ugly, there is no spotlight, and the weather sucks!
Lol at people thinking he'll be a net? With what money will they sign him? Smh!
Howard will be a lakers for 5+ years atleast!

shep33
09-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Isn't this kind of thhe same situation with CP3 and Bynum? More money if they wait. Anyways the Lakers won't trade him, so he has to choose between Suns, Hawks, or Mavs really if he leaves.

shep33
09-21-2012, 01:20 PM
I just can't see him burning a big city market like LA either. But who knows

king4day
09-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Isn't this kind of thhe same situation with CP3 and Bynum? More money if they wait. Anyways the Lakers won't trade him, so he has to choose between Suns, Hawks, or Mavs really if he leaves.

I think the Cavs have money too. I know it's not the ideal situation but Howard with the young talent in Cleveland could be a legit threat in the future.

nickdymez
09-21-2012, 01:28 PM
He's not going anywhere. People hate the lakers and obviously want to try and will him away.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 01:36 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!: Dwight Howard has demanded a trade to the Orlando Magic!! It's what God told him to do! Lord works in mysterious ways.

Captain Moroni
09-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Just when you thought D12 the biggest crybaby in professional sports cant make you hate him any more. This.

Dwight, just shut up already. You temper tantrumed yourself out of Orlando, whined about everything for 5 months, and now you "havent made up your mind" about the lakers. Just sign your extension and please stop talking. get some more Estrogen shots and watch the view.

Dwight Howard, the only player in the NBA that could actually make Non Heat fans root for Lebron James.

Captain Moroni
09-21-2012, 01:55 PM
I just can't see him burning a big city market like LA either. But who knows

He just made "The happiest place on Earth" sad. Anything is possible with this clown.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Just when you thought D12 the biggest crybaby in professional sports cant make you hate him any more. This.

Dwight, just shut up already. You temper tantrumed yourself out of Orlando, whined about everything for 5 months, and now you "havent made up your mind" about the lakers. Just sign your extension and please stop talking. get some more Estrogen shots and watch the view.

Dwight Howard, the only player in the NBA that could actually make Non Heat fans root for Lebron James.

Dude relax. He got asked a question and he responded. What was he supposed to do? Lie? If he says he will resign and then sees Dallas and realizes its a better opportunity for him and signs there then he he is a villain. If he says he will wait till offseason to decide then he is a villain.

The reporters job is to ask questions that create headlines.

Dwight should just say "no comment" to any question that is related to the Dwighmare in ORL or contract talks with LA. The microscope is firmly off Lebron and on him now

LA_Raiders
09-21-2012, 02:13 PM
He will sign at the end of the season... Hopefully as a champ...

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Great thread! :clap:

:rolleyes:

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Great thread! :clap:

:rolleyes:

and there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth from Lakers fans...

Yea i think it's unanimous that Lakers dislike this thread

smith&wesson
09-21-2012, 02:35 PM
He finished his statement with saying "im looking forward to a long career here in L.A."

enough said.

Dade County
09-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Howard & Cp3 will be on the same team next year ( Book It! )

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Howard & Cp3 will be on the same team next year ( Book It! )

Dallas will make it happen!!

I honestly don't get Howard's love fest with Deron Williams. CP3 is the best in the game and has been so in recent years. Deron is good but CP3 is who Howard should have been clamoring to play with.

SteBO
09-21-2012, 02:45 PM
He finished his statement with saying "im looking forward to a long career here in L.A."

enough said.
That doesn't really mean anything at this point.

DoMeFavors
09-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Dallas will make it happen!!

I honestly don't get Howard's love fest with Deron Williams. CP3 is the best in the game and has been so in recent years. Deron is good but CP3 is who Howard should have been clamoring to play with.

Love fest? maybe because he is a good player and they are good friends?

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Love fest? maybe because he is a good player and they are good friends?

CP3>>>>>Deron

Nuff said

SB75
09-21-2012, 02:56 PM
you all are reading to much into it. It makes sense for Howard to become a free agent. Longer contract more money. Mavs is the only other team that will have room but i dont think he leaves millions behind. At times Cuban seem like a cool owner but he is not determine to winning.

WRONG! The Atlanta Hawks have the cap room also. He and Smith have also stated thrier desire to play together again. The Hawks showed interest and from reports offered the best total package, Orl just would not deal within it's div. Sad for the Hawks, dumb for Orl. Not saying they will land him, but they will make a pish for him.

Vampirate
09-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Dwight howard is a moron if he decides to leave the Lakers.

DoMeFavors
09-21-2012, 02:57 PM
CP3>>>>>Deron

Nuff said

You really put that many >>>>> in the middle? Deron kills Cp3 head to head. And thats your opinion but an NBA player would rather Deron to play with so sucks!

LakersKB24
09-21-2012, 03:00 PM

Yes, exactly the same... And people still don't get it. Wishful thinking.

The Lakers just have to keep him until the end of the season and then let him pick is poison. I guarantee he will resign before even talking to the teams that could sign him as a FA. Nets are not an option.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 03:02 PM
WRONG! The Atlanta Hawks have the cap room also. He and Smith have also stated thrier desire to play together again. The Hawks showed interest and from reports offered the best total package, Orl just would not deal within it's div. Sad for the Hawks, dumb for Orl. Not saying they will land him, but they will make a pish for him.

:laugh2: Howard did not go through all this to play for the Hawks, hometown or not. Hometowns don't matter much to these players anyway. Did Deron go to Dallas? Did Wade go to Chicago? Lebron dipped to MIA even though Ohio is his state.

Not to mention that the Hawks have no direction Who can say where they are at? Are they Rebuilding? Retooling? Trying to make the playoffs?

These marquee guys don't go through all this drama to end up in ATL

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 03:03 PM
You really put that many >>>>> in the middle? Deron kills Cp3 head to head. And thats your opinion but an NBA player would rather Deron to play with so sucks!

English please.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Yes, exactly the same... And people still don't get it. Wishful thinking.

The Lakers just have to keep him until the end of the season and then let him pick is poison. I guarantee he will resign before even talking to the teams that could sign him as a FA. Nets are not an option.

Nope. He screwed himself. The Nets were never waiting on him. the Nets are now a place players wanna go to. They wait on nobody. Of course they wanted to make the trade happen but they were never in a situation where they were begging like they were when they were still firmly a NJ team. Howard was the one with the hots for Brooklyn

Now there is NOTHING that can happen to get him to Brooklyn and he knows that. His ONLY options are the Lakers or Dallas and unless CP3 is coming with him Lakers is the best option

DoMeFavors
09-21-2012, 03:07 PM
English please.

"nuff said" hypocrite

Vampirate
09-21-2012, 03:11 PM
I will say this, if by some stupid logic Dwight does demand to be traded and whine, the Lakers should be the one franchise that wouldn't be afraid to let him walk. They should let it be known to him that they are not going to be held hostage by his demands, no team should.

SteBO
09-21-2012, 03:18 PM
I will say this though....if Dwight Howard is really dumb enough to leave the Lakers, and with all that money on the table, then I will find it hard to ever see him win a championship. What the Lakers have managed to do is incredible. They've put themselves in a neat position where they could have plenty of cap space for the post-Kobe era and an opporrtunity to win right now while Nash, Kobe and Pau are still under contract. They really don't have much to lose if Dwight just walks.

I hate the fact that the Lakers have constantly gotten away with murder. I really do. But that organization has my respect man. They just know how to get **** done.

Iron24th
09-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I will say this though....if Dwight Howard is really dumb enough to leave the Lakers, and with all that money on the table, then I will find it hard to ever see him win a championship. What the Lakers have managed to do is incredible. They've put themselves in a neat position where they could have plenty of cap space for the post-Kobe era and an opporrtunity to win right now while Nash, Kobe and Pau are still under contract. They really don't have much to lose if Dwight just walks.

I hate the fact that the Lakers have constantly gotten away with murder. I really do. But that organization has my respect man. They just know how to get **** done.

Thanks for the Lakers tribute SteBO!

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-21-2012, 05:03 PM

It's an illogical thread based on a statement made from a Sunday interview with Ric Bucher.

It took OP a whole 5 days to come up with this thread.

Dwight gets more money and full 5 yrs next summer re-signing.

Signed. Sealed. Delivered.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 05:10 PM
It's an illogical thread based on a statement made from a Sunday interview with Ric Bucher.

It took OP a whole 5 days to come up with this thread.

Dwight gets more money and full 5 yrs next summer re-signing.

Signed. Sealed. Delivered.

Its not that simple with Dwight Howard and you know it

Bruno
09-21-2012, 05:20 PM
i have no faith in his long-term standing with the Lakers until the ink is on the paper. he's immature and has yet to prove that he wants his jersey hanging in staples with the other great centers.

do you think the buss familys decision to retire Shaqs number during Dwights first season with the Lakers is coincidence? it isn't. either he wants to be a part of laker history or he doesn't. well see if he cowers under the pressure and bolts, or if he commits to winning/pressure long term. i don't buy anything until the ink is on the contract.

HouRealCoach
09-21-2012, 05:32 PM
He knows Kobe and Nash wont be here after a couple more years and they gave away all of their draft picks, Pau & Artest will be washed up also... Lakers will have to make some serious moves to keep him

Dade County
09-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Dwight howard is a moron if he decides to leave the Lakers.

Your logic...:facepalm:

He is his on person, and if he wanted to sign with Minnesota orr any team, he could.

Cal827
09-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Brace yourselves, the Dwight Howard threads are coming

Back

:speechless::speechless:

I will say this though, if he goes back to Orlando, a thread titled "U Mad LA" Should be created by the Laker Mod, while everybody just laughs at laker fans... and it should be allowed to last 50 pages.

#Shumpert Up
09-21-2012, 05:55 PM
here we go again...

tnewkirk
09-21-2012, 05:58 PM
CAUSE HE NEVER WANTED TO BE A LAKER, he's an idiot who was persuaded into signing extension with magic had he not done that he'd be a net now. when are people gonna realize that.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 06:03 PM
CAUSE HE NEVER WANTED TO BE A LAKER, he's an idiot who was persuaded into signing extension with magic had he not done that he'd be a net now. when are people gonna realize that.

Can't believe i agree with you MMA boy

Evolution23
09-21-2012, 06:06 PM
He's going to Miami for the minimum. Riley will get em all, discounted! Yea son!

LAKERMANIA
09-21-2012, 06:13 PM
He'll get more money in the offseason if he stays with the Lakers. If he signs now he misses out on all the $$$. Come on people..

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-21-2012, 06:13 PM
He knows Kobe and Nash wont be here after a couple more years and they gave away all of their draft picks, Pau & Artest will be washed up also... Lakers will have to make some serious moves to keep him

Pau, MWP and Kobe all expire in 2014 and Nash in 2015.

In comes next big free agent franchise superstar in 2015 who hasn't won a title yet.

Jesse2272
09-21-2012, 06:20 PM
I remember the first time I saw D12 live

Love this kid

His recent antics make me sick

The lakers/nets

really

Either way make a decision now, stop the prima dona ****

Pick a destiny and roll with it

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 06:29 PM
I remember the first time I saw D12 live

Love this kid

His recent antics make me sick

The lakers/nets

really

Either way make a decision now, stop the prima dona ****

Pick a destiny and roll with it

Why are you bringing up the Nets? They can't trade for him even if the Lakers wanted to and they cannot sign him. I hope you mean Lakers/Mavs

LakersSaintsLSU
09-21-2012, 06:32 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh: nets fans just give it up already omg...lmfao

Jesse2272
09-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Why are you bringing up the Nets? They can't trade for him even if the Lakers wanted to and they cannot sign him. I hope you mean Lakers/Mavs

Dude

we all know he wants BK

Why you mad

sorry I didn't check too see if its a possibly

Thanks for the correction, by the way, pick something D12 and stick 2 it

NYY09
09-21-2012, 06:46 PM
you guys are so delusioonal. its so obvious he's gonna resign.. as long as the front office doesnt suck and the lakers dont play like trash.

out of the 4 main players on the lakers.. kobes the only one who cares about scoring more than 20 a game. dwight likes to be a big part of the offense. but he doesnt mind not being the main point. so does nash pau and metta.

this laker team will be fine. kobe will force shots up still. dwight and metta will too from time to time. everyone else will play in the system..

That's a helluva statement right there... :rolleyes:

Tmath
09-21-2012, 06:46 PM
I have a feeling he won't be in LA after this season.

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-21-2012, 06:52 PM

I have a feeling you wrong, people r so dumb lol
He'll be a laker for many many years

C-Style
09-21-2012, 07:45 PM
lol @ ppl still having hope he may not end up with the Lakers. Let's just leave this talks for the end of the year.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Dude

we all know he wants BK

Why you mad

sorry I didn't check too see if its a possibly

Thanks for the correction, by the way, pick something D12 and stick 2 it

Not sure if you are trying to antagonize me or just pointing something out. Idk what you are trying to say in this post. I meant no offense. Only said to not bring the Nets up.

As i understand it it is now impossible for the Nets to get Howard unless they get under the cap (pretty much impossible) before he becomes a FA. They cannot trade for him even if LA were willing to.

Was not taking shots at you.

You mention anything Howard-Nets related and the Laker trolls will come out to prey on Nets fans (even though Howard still wanted the Nets over the Lakers so idk what they are gloating about).

John Walls Era
09-21-2012, 07:56 PM
he loves that attention, probably reads bleacher report everyday (just because I have him in my sig doesn't mean i like the real dwight).

Losoway
09-21-2012, 08:47 PM
if he leaves. i promise you this site will crash

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-21-2012, 08:50 PM

So you think he'll walk to Dallas or Atlanta?

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-21-2012, 08:51 PM
lol @ ppl still having hope he may not end up with the Lakers. Let's just leave this talks for the end of the year.

Remember all the talks by jmoney85 and the rest of those other little kids who kept saying that no chance in hell Dwight would end up with the lakers? :laugh2:

--23--
09-21-2012, 08:54 PM
I think he's going to stay in LA the only way i see him leaving is if the chemistry is absolutely horrible.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Remember all the talks by jmoney85 and the rest of those other little kids who kept saying that no chance in hell Dwight would end up with the lakers? :laugh2:

Has that kid even shown his face here since then?

ThunderousDemon
09-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Has that kid even shown his face here since then?

I think he was banned

amos1er
09-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Pointless article. Everybody pretty much knew he was going to wait before committing. Guess this particular sports writer was out of things to write about at the moment.

kobebabe
09-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Nothing new. He said this before he even got traded

Vampirate
09-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Your logic...:facepalm:

He is his on person, and if he wanted to sign with Minnesota or any team, he could.

Imo it's a bad decision because he basically landed on the team that would benefit him the most. Not only would he would get a chance for championships soon, but he's in one of the best teams in terms of Marketing potential. Also the Lakers have proven that they can build NBA champions, they landed him afterall.

I'm saying this all and i'm not even a Laker fan.

It's pretty much the same as landing on the Yankees in alot of ways.

Chill_Will_24
09-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Imo it's a bad decision because he basically landed on the team that would benefit him the most. Not only would he would get a chance for championships soon, but he's in one of the best teams in terms of Marketing potential. Also the Lakers have proven that they can build NBA champions, they landed him afterall.

I'm saying this all and i'm not even a Laker fan.

It's pretty much the same as landing on the Yankees in alot of ways.

Debatable. Had he landed on the Nets their roster would be ready to contend immediately and for a the next 5-6 years

with the Lakers Nash could very well retire after this and Kobe too with Gasol and Peace getting up there as well.

As constructed they are definitely a powerhouse and can beat anyone. Heat-Lakers will be a war

Losoway
09-21-2012, 11:28 PM
just admit it would be hilarous if he didnt sign back with the lakers

he would be the most hated guy in america

Losoway
09-21-2012, 11:28 PM
if he doesnt resign by january..... he isnt resigning

nickdymez
09-21-2012, 11:42 PM

Hey buddy, we are the Lakers. If Dwight leaves, we will have our pick of at least 4 other superstars dying to play with us. Thats life for a Lakers fan BRO. 16 and counting. You dont like? Then dont watch.

odiz
09-21-2012, 11:51 PM
LA is a huge market so hes gonna get another big shoe deal. The Lakers can pay him $20 mil more then anyone else and they will put out a supporting cast that will make them contenders for the length of his extension. There is no reason for him to leave.

naps
09-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Let the Dwightmare part 2 begin!

I doubt he leaves LA too but you can never take his words seriously. I remember what he in Orlando months back after signing the opt out paper. And if he doesn't get to be the focal point of offense along with Kobe he's gonna be unhappy for sure. A lot depends on Kobe's desire to finally play some team ball.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Let the Dwightmare part 2 begin!

I doubt he leaves LA too but you can never take his words seriously. I remember what he in Orlando months back after signing the opt out paper. And if he doesn't get to be the focal point of offense along with Kobe he's gonna be unhappy for sure. A lot depends on Kobe's desire to finally play some team ball.

For once I agree with you.

I no longer want to see Kobe put up 23 shots a game if he doesn't have to. It's time for Kobe to pass that Purple&Gold Armor and Scepter to Dwight. The beauty of this Laker team is that Steve Nash decides who gets the ball.

reffahead
09-22-2012, 12:01 AM
The cost of living in LA is much higher than a place like Atlanta, Dallas. The four guys he mentioned avg. age are 34-35. Gasol, Peace, and Nash are gone in 2 years. Kobe may hang them up whenever/if he wins another one.

A place like Atlanta offers

Jeff Teague
A. Morrow
Josh Smith
Al Horford
Dwight

6th man or starting 2 in Lou Williams.
All 26 or younger and the Hawks have 2 first round picks for depth. I don't care you hate, love, or have little respect for Atlanta. That scenario is an outstanding present and future.

You know what... I wouldn't put it pass Dwight to put 3 or 4 nba caps on the table and do it signing day style.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-22-2012, 12:01 AM

You want him to sign for less money annually and less years in January than to sign for more money and years in the summer?

#losowaysystem

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-22-2012, 12:02 AM
The cost of living in LA is much higher than a place like Atlanta, Dallas. The four guys he mentioned avg. age are 34-35. Gasol, Peace, and Nash are gone in 2 years. Kobe may hang them up whenever/if he wins another one.

Jeff Teague
A. Morrow
Josh Smith
Al Horford
Dwight

All 26 or younger and the Hawks have 2 first round picks for depth. I don't care you hate, love, or have little respect for Atlanta. That scenario is an outstanding present and future.

You know what... I wouldn't put it pass Dwight to put 3 or 4 nba caps on the table and do it signing day style.

Stop it Danny Ferry! :laugh:

Chill_Will_24
09-22-2012, 12:07 AM

Jeff Teague
A. Morrow
Josh Smith
Al Horford
Dwight

lol ill say it again. Dwight did not go through everything he went through in ORL to end up with ATL

You really think its about winning. Look how fast Brooklyn put a winning team together. Once the star is there the rest will follow. He could go to Dallas and take CP3 with him along with all the players they already have and they could build something great.

Market matters. You think his hard-on for Brooklyn had anything to do with the Nets? Its all about location. NY, CHI, DAL, MIA, BKN, LA, LAC.. these places cant be beat in terms of location.

He will not end up in ATL

naps
09-22-2012, 12:19 AM
For once I agree with you.

I no longer want to see Kobe put up 23 shots a game if he doesn't have to. It's time for Kobe to pass that Purple&Gold Armor and Scepter to Dwight. The beauty of this Laker team is that Steve Nash decides who gets the ball.

That would be their best interest but I doubt Kobe let that happens. Nash PnR with Gasol and Dwight is :drool: worthy but then you put Kobe there and it doesn't sound as amazing.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-22-2012, 12:24 AM
That would be their best interest but I doubt Kobe let that happens. Nash PnR with Gasol and Dwight is :drool: worthy but then you put Kobe there and it doesn't sound as amazing.

To be honest, the first 3 1/2 qtrs isn't really my concern as I feel Kobe will let Nash do his thing. It's what happens in that final 6 minutes if the game is close. Will Kobe feel compelled to will his team by ttying to make majority of the plays by himself, or will he trust in Nash make most of the decisions down the stretch.

I really want Kobe to give full offensive responsibilities to Nash so that he can conserve his energy on the defensive end. I feel that is where we need Kobe Bryant the most as his career winds down.

C-Style
09-22-2012, 12:52 AM

What are you talking about? Kobe is top 7 best player in the league, top 10 all-time, he's just the cherry on top, a big one I might add!

Hating on him as always. SMH

Iron24th
09-22-2012, 01:49 AM

Jeff Teague
A. Morrow
Josh Smith
Al Horford
Dwight

yeah all futures HOF :rolleyes: :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Dwight not wanting to sign long-term....

Yet gets a new retro Minneapolis Lakers Snapback! http://instagram.com/p/P3ZwSfKi9n/

Yeah, he really ain't embracing the Lakers tradition. I guess he can bust out that new MPLS Lakers Snapback when he signs with the Hawks or Mavs. :rolleyes:

shep33
09-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Problem is, if he doesn't re-up with the Lakers, they can't trade him. And I know some people are probably wondering how this would be a problem for Dwight, but his options become severely limited. Dallas, Phoenix, and Atlanta are probably the 3 top options, but the problem is Dallas really can't do anything else that offseason because Dirk is getting 20 some-odd million. Atlanta and Phoenix would be nice, but the issue of playing in a "big market" comes up. Also we haven't even mentioned the extra money he'd be getting on his contract by staying with LAL.

I'd be surprised if he left. The Lakers will be his team sooner than later, and he has the chance to team up with some studs in the summer of 2014 if he stays.

handle
09-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Nobody would be stupid enough to leave that much money on the table and go to an inferior franchise (insert any other NBA team here)... would they?

Losoway
09-22-2012, 04:00 PM
like i said before if kobe doesnt play team ball

dwight will not be returning

LAKERMANIA
09-22-2012, 04:19 PM
like i said before if kobe doesnt play team ball

dwight will not be returning

:facepalm:

piratepete
09-22-2012, 11:43 PM
ill i have to say is he left orlando for crying if he wanted to he would had hole team traded so he could play with the player he likes but as good as player he is i wouldnt want that cancer on my team and for the rest of this year thats all we will here d12 doesnt no what the f,,,k he wants so for the most part get ready the d12 drama queen will never just shout the f...k up and play ball plus i want to see how good you realy going to be after back surgery and two of the best players on the same team play low post ? if i was a laker fan i would be crying to trade paul because when one of them has to play off the bench its going to be drama

but enought said antawn jamison was a great pick up for the lakers
not sure d12 got to see how good after back surgery
trade paul gasol 19millon to play on the bench over kill
and get some good young talent because nash is going on 39
koby looks like he wants to retire
metta needs to retire
where all the defence ?
i dont think all the hipe from LA is going to be good as people belive if phill jackson was their i would be scared hes the only one who can control all these Guys .

odiz
09-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Dwight not wanting to sign long-term....

Yet gets a new retro Minneapolis Lakers Snapback! http://instagram.com/p/P3ZwSfKi9n/

Yeah, he really ain't embracing the Lakers tradition. I guess he can bust out that new MPLS Lakers Snapback when he signs with the Hawks or Mavs. :rolleyes:

I dont think hes gonna leave but a hat proves nothing. Im sure hes got a Magic snapback aswell..

jam
09-22-2012, 11:54 PM
I dont think hes gonna leave but a hat proves nothing. Im sure hes got a Magic snapback aswell..

I heard dwight rented a movie on netflix. That movie was made in......LOS ANGELES! LAKER FOR LIFE!

jerellh528
09-23-2012, 12:02 AM

This dude absolutely hatttesss kobe lol :facepalm:

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-23-2012, 12:19 AM

Lol ok

*Superman*
09-23-2012, 12:38 AM
He's not going to have fans of two teams hate him...he's staying with the Lakers.

He knows he messed up in Orlando and he's avoiding on commenting. Smart move Dwight, took long enough.

Axegrinder
09-23-2012, 12:26 PM

Pretty sure its no S&Ts for teams over the apron starting next year (apron is 4 mil over lux tax line)..so no s&ts, no bae, no full mle and more for LA for at least a few years.....and ima laugh if Dwight leaves ;)