PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week III - MNF: Green Bay Packers Vs. Seattle Seahawks

Pages : [1] 2

drew_ellis_23
09-20-2012, 10:34 PM
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq38/Stamina555/espnmnf0001.jpg

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac339/VSNResources/Madden%20Resources/120x12%20Animated%20Logos/GREENBAYPACKERS.gif].......................................... http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac339/VSNResources/Madden%20Resources/120x12%20Animated%20Logos/SEATTLESEAHAWKS.gif

Green Bay Packers (1-1) Vs. Seattle Seahawks (1-1)

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz340/PSD_Stadiums/sea.png

Monday September 24th, 2012
8:20 PM ET/5:20 PM PT
Channel: ESPN

Just trying to get the thread started. Hope someone can make it fancy. Go Seahawks!! I am so jacked for this game!!

TheBigCheese12
09-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Good luck Fellas. My grandpa is a huge Seahawks fan so i have a lot of good memories when GB plays yall. Hopefully it will be a good game and no injuries!

NateyB24
09-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Just trying to get the thread started. Hope someone can make it fancy. Go Seahawks!! I am so jacked for this game!!

No biggie i think House is the only one who knows how to do that unless Brodie made a few i forget.

I don't know if we will win i was scared of the Dallas game because i didn't know if we could shut down all there weapons lets just hope we have a good showing win or lose because this is a prime time game.

Hopefully Caroll can shut Mathews down like he did Ware i think he will have a better game plan then the Bears did which was leave the LT on an island bad strategy.

Good luck Fellas. My grandpa is a huge Seahawks fan so i have a lot of good memories when GB plays yall. Hopefully it will be a good game and no injuries!

Good luck the rest of the way but not this game i am sure you feel the same way.

TheBigCheese12
09-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Good luck the rest of the way but not this game i am sure you feel the same way.

Lol yeah its all good. I would be bummed if we lost but it wouldn't surprise me either. Its a long season so a loss for either team isn't a death sentence

jej
09-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Yeah, this is really a win win game for us. I, and most other people aren't expecting a win, and wont be too upset with one. But if we win, it could help our season dramatically.

ccg34
09-21-2012, 02:50 AM
I'm expecting a win. 21-17 Seahawks victory baby. I'm sitting Flacco out for Wilson in my fantasy league

Boozerguy47
09-21-2012, 04:27 AM
We want the ball and we are going to score!

But seriously, we do, and we will.

Should be a great game. I want to see Bruce eat some QBs!

Boozerguy47
09-21-2012, 05:48 AM
Just checked the Packer's forum... They the majority seem pretty confident they will be scoring at least a couple of TDs on our defense. I for one, do not. But then again, I guess that is why I'm a Seattle fan and they are for the Pack.

Not to mention... Bob and Groz discuss an article out of Green Bay previewing the game. The writer specifically says our corners "are not phyiscal." It cracked me up.

http://mynorthwest.com/719/741224/Seahawks-CBs-arent-physical-One-writer-says-so

We aren't phyiscal...

http://i39.tinypic.com/2uscpop.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/k1qd8w.jpg

Okay, my work is done. Good night.

shen
09-21-2012, 08:00 AM
We have the biggest and most physical secondary in the league.

jej
09-21-2012, 09:31 AM
"Tate and Baldwin arent burners"

I buy Tate, but Baldwin is damn fast. How the hell else does a 5'10" 190 UDFA succeed like he did?

TeamSeattle
09-21-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm expecting a win. 21-17 Seahawks victory baby. I'm sitting Flacco out for Wilson in my fantasy league

I'm with you on the score prediction. This game will be close with us having the edge late in the game. The packers defense relies alot on communication and we have the perfect place to disrupt that; should be a great game.

Stamina
09-21-2012, 11:44 AM
I updated the OP to reflect a GT. Good Luck Fellas!

robdizzle3
09-21-2012, 12:11 PM
You guys have a top 10 defense.. I'd be shocked if we didose this one though.. If we don't commit stupid turnovers like Dallas did, we should be ok.. Romo was protected and you guys still shut him down, which gives respect to your secondary alot.. We aren't to far ahead of Dallas on offense, but with a better line.. We may have to pass to set up the run.. We are ballhawks and if w can funnel Russell to where we want him to go, we could see him make some mistakes.. We've got to let Russell beat us and if he does we are in trouble lol.

Baller1
09-21-2012, 01:08 PM
I updated the OP to reflect a GT. Good Luck Fellas!

Thanks for the fancy additions!

Baller1
09-21-2012, 01:09 PM
I'll say we win it 16-14.

spotzhill
09-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Spent my early years in Port Orchard and my Dad is from Washington, But I bleed green and gold. That being said I like your secondary and I think Rodgers and all his weapons will be a huge test. I dont see your Oline(especialy LT) holding up against all the blitz and Clay Mathews that will be coming their way monday night. It has practically been a bye week for us(12 days). Wilson is good but still a rookie(we just might see some Flynn action) with all that I see a Packer victory. Good Luck the rest of your season(just not monday night)

shen
09-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Okung is suppose to be back and last year when Ware was eating qb's alive Okung made him his *****, If Okung plays then only chance Mathews has is to come from the right side.

I think this week will be our first OT of the season. Commentary people will make jokes about that unfortunate Matt quote. Then they will be quite and a quick strike will catch Pack D off guard and we come away with the win.

NateyB24
09-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Just checked the Packer's forum... They the majority seem pretty confident they will be scoring at least a couple of TDs on our defense. I for one, do not. But then again, I guess that is why I'm a Seattle fan and they are for the Pack.

Not to mention... Bob and Groz discuss an article out of Green Bay previewing the game. The writer specifically says our corners "are not phyiscal." It cracked me up.

http://mynorthwest.com/719/741224/Seahawks-CBs-arent-physical-One-writer-says-so

We aren't phyiscal...

http://i39.tinypic.com/2uscpop.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/k1qd8w.jpg

Okay, my work is done. Good night.

The 1st picture is of Chancellor not to be picky lol but he has no idea what he is talking about the way Browner and Sherman were shutting guys down Browner wasn't letting Bryant get into his routes.

NateyB24
09-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Spent my early years in Port Orchard and my Dad is from Washington, But I bleed green and gold. That being said I like your secondary and I think Rodgers and all his weapons will be a huge test. I dont see your Oline(especialy LT) holding up against all the blitz and Clay Mathews that will be coming their way monday night. It has practically been a bye week for us(12 days). Wilson is good but still a rookie(we just might see some Flynn action) with all that I see a Packer victory. Good Luck the rest of your season(just not monday night)

I think Caroll will find a way to take Clay out of the game the Bears were leaving there LT on a island which was stupid probably going to have a TE attached to whoever is blocking him.

That means that the rest of our line is going to have to find a way to block Raji and Perry.

Boozerguy47
09-21-2012, 05:44 PM
The 1st picture is of Chancellor not to be picky lol but he has no idea what he is talking about the way Browner and Sherman were shutting guys down Browner wasn't letting Bryant get into his routes.

Yeah, you're correct. I just love that tackle by Kam. You don't see a tackle like that very often.

I don't believe the Pack's offense is necessarily better than Dallas. The Cowboys have the better TE and running-game. However, Rodgers is miles ahead of Romo and that fact scares me.

Matthews will not have much success if he is running at Okung all game. As Shen said, Okung completely shutdown Ware last season and he also dominated Peppers at Chicago. Nevertheless, I'm sure we will have Miller and McCoy help against Clay.

drew_ellis_23
09-21-2012, 07:09 PM
We are going to run the ball down Green Bays throat and it is going to be a 14 to 10 ball game. Green Bay will get a TD on their first drive then a field goal later in the game. Their blitzing wont bother us, we will run the ball. Wilson will have a turnover free game and we will take it.

NateyB24
09-21-2012, 08:30 PM
We are going to run the ball down Green Bays throat and it is going to be a 14 to 10 ball game. Green Bay will get a TD on their first drive then a field goal later in the game. Their blitzing wont bother us, we will run the ball. Wilson will have a turnover free game and we will take it.

Green Bay will probably do what Arizona did bring exotic blitzes under Dom Capers and have Wilson show that he can beat them.

I was actually pretty surprised to see that Rob Ryan only blitzed us 6 times but that is probably because Lynch was finding the cracks in his blitzes so they had to back off.

Doug Baldwin hurt his shoulder sucks but i think Tate has been nice so i don't think it's that huge of a loss and Sando brought up a good point on the radio when Hasselbeck was in his prime he really wasn't throwing to super star wide receivers.

jej
09-22-2012, 02:19 AM
20-17 us.

Either that or 24-14 them.

NateyB24
09-22-2012, 01:07 PM
20-17 us.

Either that or 24-14 them.

Even though i think we are going to lose we better not lose in a blow out otherwise i will end up like that guy on youtube who went off after the Cowboy game lol we gotta show that we can stop the elite teams.

spotzhill
09-22-2012, 01:55 PM
I think Caroll will find a way to take Clay out of the game the Bears were leaving there LT on a island which was stupid probably going to have a TE attached to whoever is blocking him.

That means that the rest of our line is going to have to find a way to block Raji and Perry.

Matthews can come from anywhere, you load up protection on one side Capers will throw it from the other. It is going to be up to Wilson to reconize where the pressure is coming from(a tall order for a rookie)

also Clay does not quit...ever. In the cowboy game Wilson bought himself more time with his mobility, Clay is relentless, he might get block initially but he just keeps after it. If Wilson is dancing around back there trying to find a lane to throw or extend the play... he will get caught.

Seattle4Ever
09-22-2012, 02:30 PM
"Tate and Baldwin arent burners"

I buy Tate, but Baldwin is damn fast. How the hell else does a 5'10" 190 UDFA succeed like he did?

Tate is a better athlete. He's faster. He is one of the best athletes we've had for a looooooong time and he has amazing hands. But Baldwin is probably better all around. That kid is smart.

I remember watching a play Baldwin's rookie season where Baldwin was lined up and looked at Tate and saw his he lined up in the wrong spot (might have been off the ball or something) and he walked over and lined him up.

NateyB24
09-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Tate is a better athlete. He's faster. He is one of the best athletes we've had for a looooooong time and he has amazing hands. But Baldwin is probably better all around. That kid is smart.

I remember watching a play Baldwin's rookie season where Baldwin was lined up and looked at Tate and saw his he lined up in the wrong spot (might have been off the ball or something) and he walked over and lined him up.

Tates not really fast he is more of the elusive type.

Matthews can come from anywhere, you load up protection on one side Capers will throw it from the other. It is going to be up to Wilson to reconize where the pressure is coming from(a tall order for a rookie)

also Clay does not quit...ever. In the cowboy game Wilson bought himself more time with his mobility, Clay is relentless, he might get block initially but he just keeps after it. If Wilson is dancing around back there trying to find a lane to throw or extend the play... he will get caught.

I am not saying he quits i am just saying Caroll will do a better job of game planning for him it seemed like the Bears were leaving there tackles 1 on 1 with him and he was just owning them.

jej
09-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Think we bring back Trufant next year?

shen
09-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Think we bring back Trufant next year?

Doubtful at best.

Baller1
09-22-2012, 05:44 PM
I honestly don't see us losing this game. We've won five straight MNF games, three being shutouts... And our defenses of the past have never been as good as the one we have now. Our defense steps up to elite level as it is when we're at home, and now we're on MNF where they have historically stepped up even more?

I don't see GB putting very many points up; our defense is no joke.

jej
09-22-2012, 06:07 PM
But neither is there offense. And their D is greatly improved.

If you werent a Seahawks fan, you wouldnt be that confident

NateyB24
09-22-2012, 07:05 PM
But neither is there offense. And there D is greatly improved.

If Greg Jennings doesn't go i can see his confidence only because then you can focus more on trying to shut down Nelson and hope Finley has the dropsies.

Still hard for me to predict us winning though when they have Rodgers and we have a rookie trying to establish himself.

Baller1
09-22-2012, 07:50 PM

I think Benson is one of the more underappreciated backs in the league, but they still have a pretty bad running game. Couple that with our elite rush defense and it turns GB into a very one-dimensional team. Granted, their passing attack can eat anyone alive, but I think our secondary will be ready... And that's why I'm confident. We HAVE to make sure we make them one dimensional though; if we have to worry about the run, A-Rod will murder us.

NateyB24
09-22-2012, 08:02 PM
I think Benson is one of the more underappreciated backs in the league, but they still have a pretty bad running game. Couple that with our elite rush defense and it turns GB into a very one-dimensional team. Granted, their passing attack can eat anyone alive, but I think our secondary will be ready... And that's why I'm confident. We HAVE to make sure we make them one dimensional though; if we have to worry about the run, A-Rod will murder us.

A-Rod wants to throw the football though he even came out and said they don't need a run game if i remember correctly.

Plus Benson is 30 years old you have to worry about that drop off running backs go through once they hit there 30s.

ztilzer31
09-22-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't see how some people on this forum call us an elite team, but don't expect us to win against elite teams at home... I expect to win. I expect it to be close, but I expect the win nonetheless.

ztilzer31
09-22-2012, 08:19 PM
I think this needs to be Bruce Irvin's big breakout game. It's going to come down to pass rush, and first downs. If we can keep Rogers off the field, and move the chains, and have a fresh pass rush on defense, we can bother Rodgers. Easier said than done however.

kpak76
09-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Fun stuff, if you guys go over the the Packers side, half of them seem to think it will be an easy win for their boys. They are predicting a blow out on our terf!!!

jej
09-23-2012, 01:28 AM
Good, let em be overconfident while we are focused and pumped up.

kpak76
09-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Good, let em be overconfident while we are focused and pumped up.

Somehow I dont think the players will be stupid enough to be as overconfident like the fans.

Boozerguy47
09-23-2012, 04:16 AM

Meh, I wouldn't say the Packers' D is greatly improved... They are what, 26th against the run? Matthews is a freak, but I feel we can contain him to an extent by chipping him on pass plays and/or running with Lynch. We probably have to assume he will get to Russell at least once though.

Baller1
09-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah, while their defense was very good at forcing turnovers a couple hears ago and Matthews is a ****ing beast... Later than that I'm not too worried about their D. The only other people that worry me on their D are Raji and Woodson (very good players). I think we'll be alright in that regard.

spotzhill
09-23-2012, 11:22 AM
If the Seahawks are able to control the ball with Lynch(and by control I mean he has to have a monster game a la Gore) AND their defense is able to slow down Rodgers and company(they put up 22 pts in our loss to 49ers) they can walk away with this game. But those are tall orders, we have faced Lynch before and we have faced two very good run games the last two contests, with vast improvement in the second. I believe our defense will be up to the task. Capers is going to test Wilson early and often and if the Pack take the lead early it will be a long night for Wilson. A win is with in the realm of reason for both teams and by all forcasts it is going to be a great game. Half my family are Hawks fans(Dads from Washington) and my Army buddy Tom lives in Greys Harbor on the OP. So I have love for your team...just not Monday night.

on a side note my avatar is a pic of me at the "we want the ball we are going to score" game. You want to talk crowd noise? I blew my vocal cord when Harris took that pick in for 6 in overtime. I could not talk for six months!

Seattle4Ever
09-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Tates not really fast he is more of the elusive type.

4.42 40. Ran an unofficial 4.36.

NateyB24
09-23-2012, 12:56 PM
4.42 40. Ran an unofficial 4.36.

There is your problem you are going by combine numbers players don't usually replicate that in a actual game.

I am not saying Tate isn't a good reciever but he isn't going to blow past anybody recieving the football anyways as a returner he might because it's easier to accelerate.

NateyB24
09-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Fun stuff, if you guys go over the the Packers side, half of them seem to think it will be an easy win for their boys. They are predicting a blow out on our terf!!!

Fans who do this are lazy they go by what a team used to be not what they have done recently.

I remember going in the Cowboys forum not everybody was like this but a majority were they kept saying we were going to get blown out and we would do nothing.

jej
09-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Somehow I dont think the players will be stupid enough to be as overconfident like the fans.

Somehow I think you are wrong.

When the Ravens play the Dolphins, who is going to take it more seriously?

ccg34
09-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Lynch will rush for at least 100. Packers are 26th in the league in rushing defense thus far.

kpak76
09-23-2012, 03:00 PM

I hope you are right. But the Packs coaching staff are not stupid enough to sleep against our defense and they are definately aware of the 12th man. It would be nice if the Packers overlook this game and look to next weeks match-up so they sleepwalk through this game but I don't think it will happen.

shen
09-23-2012, 03:20 PM

sorry this is nothing even close to that. More like Ravens and Bengals. Anyone who puts us as Dolphins in an analogy has lost all credibility.

jej
09-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Didn't say we were the Dolphins. It was just an example.

Also, I don't care if you think I don't have credibility. None of us really do.

Seattle4Ever
09-23-2012, 05:20 PM
There is your problem you are going by combine numbers players don't usually replicate that in a actual game.

I am not saying Tate isn't a good reciever but he isn't going to blow past anybody recieving the football anyways as a returner he might because it's easier to accelerate.

If Golden Tate isn't fast then I don't know who is. He's probably the fastest player on the team aside from Thomas and Washington.

Boozerguy47
09-23-2012, 05:22 PM
^ Agreed. Leon is an example of a guy with great vision and acceleration. Tate is a faster version of Leon -- minus some experience returning kicks. Tate has the speed to outrun just about anyone.

Baller1
09-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Arizona is ****ing good.

Vinny642
09-23-2012, 06:46 PM
We got this

NateyB24
09-23-2012, 08:50 PM
^ Agreed. Leon is an example of a guy with great vision and acceleration. Tate is a faster version of Leon -- minus some experience returning kicks. Tate has the speed to outrun just about anyone.

I disagree Torrey Smith,Desean Jackson,Mike Wallace are faster i could probably think of more names.

Boozerguy47
09-23-2012, 10:21 PM
I was comparing Tate to other receivers on the Seahawks.

Seattle4Ever
09-24-2012, 12:03 AM
I disagree Torrey Smith,Desean Jackson,Mike Wallace are faster i could probably think of more names.

When is Tate going to have to outrun any of them?

NateyB24
09-24-2012, 12:15 AM
I thought Boozer was comparing him to other WR's lol

Again i am not hating on Golden Tate but i really haven't seen a burner more of a elusive guy just my opinion though.

Burleson81
09-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Tate just might be our most effective receiver. Fast or not, just pass him the ball.

Seattle4Ever
09-24-2012, 10:26 AM
All he needs to do is run correct, precise routes.

NateyB24
09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Tate just might be our most effective receiver. Fast or not, just pass him the ball.

That's true he has great hand's hate to look back but he catches that ball that Edwards drops against he Cards imo.

Baller1
09-24-2012, 11:48 AM
After seeing what Arizona has done through the first weeks, I feel much better about where we stand. We should've beat them, and we could be looking at a possible 3-0 start right now.

A win tonight would be huge for our playoff chances.

NateyB24
09-24-2012, 02:25 PM
The Packers backup TE Crabtree just said "Where do the Supersonics play" on Twitter i hope this dude gets blowed up like what Tate did to Lee.

TeamSeattle
09-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I guess overrating your team must be something going around in GB, the fans are the same way.

shen
09-24-2012, 03:14 PM
The backup TE is talking trash!?!?!?!

You know every player in that locker room has told him to shut the **** up.

Baller1
09-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Not only is that unnecessary, it's ****ing irrelevant. This is football, shut the **** up Crabtree.

Vinny642
09-24-2012, 04:10 PM
That is a shame

Boozerguy47
09-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Only a few hours left!

We win if we get sacks. Otherwise it will take a couple of 'gift' turnovers.

ValuePick
09-24-2012, 05:20 PM
I would not be surprised if you guys beat us tonight but I think it will have everything to do with Marshawn vs. GB's run defense and Seattle's underrated defense and homefield advantage and lIterally nothIng to do wIth what people in the Packers forum say and tweets from our back up TE about the old basketball team in your city that nobody on your roster gives a **** about.

TL;DR the games are played by the players on the field and I, as a Packer fan, give Seattle a pretty good chance tonight.

Baller1
09-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Gonna head to BWW soon; beers, MNF, and Seahawks. Yes please.

jej
09-24-2012, 06:14 PM

Sid and his diving catches say hello. lol

I do really like Tate this year. He is the reason we might be able to get away with a WR in the 2nd if a bigger need shows up.

NateyB24
09-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Sid and his diving catches say hello. lol

I do really like Tate this year. He is the reason we might be able to get away with a WR in the 2nd if a bigger need shows up.

I hope people aren't getting the idea that i don't like Tate i just think we could use more weapons on Offense i still would like to get a 6'4 speedster in the draft if he is worth a 1st round pick.

Look at the Packers they always grab weapons in the draft on offense all the time Cobb,Nelson,Finley,Jennings.

Vinny642
09-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Im pumped

NateyB24
09-24-2012, 07:07 PM
I am nervous lol

We should whip out the Wolf Grey Jerseys tonight.

Vinny642
09-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Lmao **** nervousness!! We got this!!! Best MNF record!

NateyB24
09-24-2012, 08:10 PM
To bad we had Ruskell still the year we drafted Curry, Caroll probably would of tooken Clay Matthews (SP?) his named is spelled differently then Mathews i think.

NateyB24
09-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Lots of green and gold there dang Packer fans travel well fans probably sold out there tickets to them to.

jej
09-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Bruuuuuuuccccce!

jej
09-24-2012, 08:50 PM
To bad we had Ruskell still the year we drafted Curry, Caroll probably would of tooken Clay Matthews (SP?) his named is spelled differently then Mathews i think.

Would have been cool, but he is more of a 3-4 pass rusher.

And taken*

drew_ellis_23
09-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Boom Baby! Bruce with his first NFL sack! Many more to come!

jej
09-24-2012, 08:52 PM
1.5 sacks for him now I believe. Hopefully many more to come.

I love Charly.

jej
09-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Bruce is a fricken animal.

I like that pass rush formation. Clem, Jones, Bryant and Irvin.

jej
09-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Pass rush coming out of nowhere.

I think we can keep holding them. We just need to put up some points.

drew_ellis_23
09-24-2012, 09:32 PM
5 sacks already!! Our defense will get noticed now. Gotta love it!

shen
09-24-2012, 09:33 PM
I can't recall ever seeing our pass rush this potent before.

Baller1
09-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Our defense is too damn nice.

shen
09-24-2012, 09:40 PM
That TD throw is why Wilson is starting over Flynn!

Baller1
YESSSSSSSS! Lets go!!!!!

drew_ellis_23
Tate just Tatered the Packers haha. Go Hawks!

Vinny642
mmm DAMN

shen
09-24-2012, 09:50 PM
7 sacks in first half!

shen
09-24-2012, 09:51 PM
8! 4 for Clemons!

drew_ellis_23
09-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Man our defense is awsome. I am in shock with this pass rush! Holy ****!

drew_ellis_23
09-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Lets keep this going in the 2nd half! Go Hawks!!

WolvesJagsOs
09-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Was saying this in the NFL forum, but gosh, what I would do to put Chancellor in a Jaguar uniform...haha.

DavidR
09-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Packers might lose if they play like this in the second half.

shen
09-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Seahawks are a much better second half team, every game since Pete took over, we always play better in second half.

DavidR
09-24-2012, 10:12 PM
I have to admit, I doubted you guys. Your looking pretty good.

DavidR
09-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Seahawks secondary is looking pretty good. Mike and Mike said they probably have the best three corners tandem in the game.

jej
09-24-2012, 10:46 PM
We aren't looking great 2nd half so far

jej
09-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Our defense played like ****ing **** that drive. Absolutely ****ing horrible.

Overturn that ****, and stick at the line 3 times. Otherwise we lose.

jej
09-24-2012, 11:19 PM
**** that ****.

****ing refs, and our ****ing defense playing like ****. What happened to all the pressure.

We had ALL the momentum going into the half, and they took it right back.

jej
09-24-2012, 11:22 PM
****kkkkkk!!!!

What the **** happened in the 2nd half?

I'm sick of Wilson running all over the place. I know he hasn't had time, but god damn, someone has to be open.

NateyB24
09-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Defense couldn't get off the field :sigh:

Chacarron
09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Holy ****, what a bizarre finish. I'll take the W, don't give a ****.

jerellh528
09-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Wooooooowwww....
Congrats the ****ing refs gave yall a god damn win

jay45
09-24-2012, 11:56 PM
wow really.. thank the ref's for the win. you guys didnt earn ****!!!!!

ztilzer31
09-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Wooooooowwww....
Congrats the ****ing refs gave yall a god damn win

I agree that last play was BS, but you guy did not deserve that win. Offense got handled all game, and you guys got a free 3rd down conversion early in that drive in the 4th quarter which led to a TD. The officiating was bad on both sides all game.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Wow what a joke. The PI on the packer drive was bull **** and they scored, and the ending was bull ****. What a hard win. I feel bad for Green Bay but would feel even worse if we lost because of the TD drive by GB that shouldnt have happened. These refs got to go.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 12:02 AM

Oh **** you. You guys should have been kicking on that TD drive. ******** PI call. Refs ****ed us both. they just ****ed you more. Blame Roger, not us.

Giannis94
09-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Im a dumbass

YouCan'tBeatLA
09-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Horrible calls went both way, hope we get new refs, but I'm leaning more towards the SP call. GB shouldn't even have had that last TD.

haggis
09-25-2012, 12:06 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/556/153/JenningsBrowner_original.gif

StoicSentry
09-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Wow, Packers fans.. direct your anger correctly.

That call is on the refs.

It's not the Seahawks fans fault that the refs blew that call.

DavidR
09-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Holy crap! I didn't see that coming. Glad you guys won though, it's nice to see an underdog team beat a top team like the Pack.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Whats it like to know that you guys got the win but still lost a Professional Franchise?

**** you dip ****. Not our fault Goodell is a dip ****.

DavidR
09-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Even if you had some help from the refs.

Crombiestudd6
09-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Ur team and ur coach should be embarrassed how they celebrated after that bs call carrol is a douche ur qb is a douche I cnt wait till we mop u guys up on thur night in a few weeks!

jej
09-25-2012, 12:15 AM
It's not our fault dumbasses. Go ***** somewhere else. We didn't make the call.

StoicSentry
09-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Ur team and ur coach should be embarrassed how they celebrated after that bs call carrol is a douche ur qb is a douche I cnt wait till we mop u guys up on thur night in a few weeks!

They won the game. What do you want them to do... protest? Of course they're going to celebrate. Come on man, blame the officials not the Seahawks.

jej
09-25-2012, 12:16 AM

If you are going to insult us, learn to spell and put together a complete sentence. You look like an ignorant *****.

We won the game, we were happy. Sure it was a BS call, but we didn't make it. Quit acting like the Packers would have told the refs they didn't deserve it.

StoicSentry
09-25-2012, 12:18 AM
If you are going to insult us, learn to spell and put together a complete sentence.

We won the game, we were happy. Sure it was a BS call, but we didn't make it. Quit acting like the Packers would have told the refs they didn't deserve it.

Exactly. No team would do that. They may sympathize, but they're not going to do that. Seahawks have nothing to be embarrassed about. Roger Godell does.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 12:18 AM

Didnt see you guys saying that PI call was BS on your TD drive. Show some class or GTFO.

kyuss275
09-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Take the win, but ugly. Chancellor PI was also bull. This game should have been taken back to the PI bad call and been played again.

Hawks should have had a TD if Tate ran his route properly plays before. The pass was for Rice and Tate got in the way.

Edit: The Refs will be signed on Tuesday. They should ask for more than they wanted before.

Edit again: #26 referee should have been part of the officials for the Superbowl loss.

Alpha Dog
09-25-2012, 12:27 AM
That ref had to be on the take. There is no other explanation. They will be fired soon in any case, so why not take a suitcase full of unmarked bills when you leave?

steelie
09-25-2012, 12:31 AM

Maybe make a few more posts than the 28 that you've made before you start insulting people numbnuts! Oh and we will thank the refs and the comissioner. I am going to send him a fruit basket tomorrow from FTD!

Baller1
09-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Of course everyone will go to that play to ruin this Seahawks win.

But the Kam Chancellor PI call will go unnoticed. Everyone will say that Sidney Rice pushed off when he got held in the jersey for 5 yards... ********. Whatever... 2-1 mother****ers.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Maybe make a few more posts than the 28 that you've made before you start insulting people numbnuts! Oh and we will thank the refs and the comissioner. I am going to send him a fruit basket tomorrow from FTD!

I am sending a fruit basket to Goodell and the scab officials as well LOL.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Of course everyone will go to that play to ruin this Seahawks win.

But the Kam Chancellor PI call will go unnoticed. Everyone will say that Sidney Rice pushed off when he got held in the jersey for 5 yards... ********. Whatever... 2-1 mother****ers.

Exactly! They only notice the last play. The whole 4th needs to be replayed but that wont happen. 2 and 1 *****es!

steelie
09-25-2012, 12:37 AM

I can't wait to see your guys' "mop duty" when you play us. I just hope you have the same janitorial staff playing for you that played against the Vikings:facepalm:

Giannis94
09-25-2012, 12:38 AM
edit

TeamSeattle
09-25-2012, 12:39 AM
So apparently I'm skip bayless because I said Wilson set us up to win in week 1 and this game when I admit he made mistakes and was terrible for most of the game, I guess man.

jej
09-25-2012, 12:41 AM
I think we win 14-12. Our D will come alive and we will get to AR more than they get to Russ.
I think it will be a controversial game tho.

Looks like I called it.

TeamSeattle
09-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Looks like I called it.

you did Jej, we can do it.

jej
09-25-2012, 12:42 AM
So apparently I'm skip bayless because I said Wilson set us up to win in week 1 and this game when I admit he made mistakes and was terrible for most of the game, I guess man.

Wilson wasn't horrible. Wasn't great, but wasn't that bad. Didn't get a chance to do much.

YouCan'tBeatLA
09-25-2012, 12:45 AM
Wilson is not looking great because of Pete, plain and simple. If he lets Rus do his own thing, then he will shine. Tate should really learn how to catch, by the way.

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 12:46 AM
I don't want to hear anything about Wilson playing bad our Offensive Coordinator was horrible.

Run,Run,Pass,Punt
Run,Run,Pass,Punt
Run,Run,Pass,Punt

Come on this is so predictable its a joke.

Vinny642
09-25-2012, 12:47 AM
.....idk how to feel

YouCan'tBeatLA
09-25-2012, 12:48 AM
The ESPN commentators are such POS's. They're criticizing Tate for saying "I don't know what you are talking about" to Lisa when she asked him about the push. What is he supposed to say? "Yeah, I pushed him, and what, mother****ers?"

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 12:48 AM
.....idk how to feel

I feel bad for the Packers the refs decided the game but it's better being 2-1 then 1-2 even though i fully admit they were robbed they should of won.

TeamSeattle
09-25-2012, 12:49 AM
I don't want to hear anything about Wilson playing bad our Offensive Coordinator was horrible.

Run,Run,Pass,Punt
Run,Run,Pass,Punt
Run,Run,Pass,Punt

I know I heard ya in the game thread Nate....Pete kept letting him throw on third downs and hanging him out to dry man. A QB has to get into a rhythm to be consistent. I'm glad we are playing the Rams next game so he can finally let him air it out. Bevell needs to change a few things.

steelie
09-25-2012, 12:50 AM
dont be immature. losing a franchise is worse than losing a game

Immature is throwing mud at something that was out of Seattle's control. The Sonics were stolen from us by an owners group. We will have an NBA, NFL, MLB, and an NHL team here in a few years with the new arena.

So eat that jagoff!

jtrinaldi
09-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Whats up with the Sonics sig dude?

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Yea i didn't expect Wilson to say that the Tate grab wasn't a TD dumb question he isn't going to say "O ya the GB player had the ball"

Even though Jennings did clearly intercept he isn't going to say he did.

crzyhawk
09-25-2012, 12:59 AM

Run,Run,Pass,Punt
Run,Run,Pass,Punt
Run,Run,Pass,Punt

This. .|.. Bevell.

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 01:00 AM
Sad thing is our Defense is going to be over looked because of the Tate call i really was worried that Rodgers might put 30 on us.

Baller1
09-25-2012, 01:05 AM
Done giving a **** what everyone else thinks. It's never credit to us, and it never will be. **** everyone, and **** all their opinions. We're 2-1, and I don't give a **** about everyone's opinions.

Game. 2-1. Thank you.

Vinny642
09-25-2012, 01:06 AM
Rams next week!!! Yessirp

YouCan'tBeatLA
09-25-2012, 01:20 AM
Baring in mind the horrible calls that went both ways, I honestly don't understand how we didn't deserve to win. Aaron Rodgers got sacked 8 times and didn't even throw a TD FFS.

Baller1
09-25-2012, 01:26 AM
In case you needed some extra comfort my friends, here's what I posted in the NFL forum:

Possession: When a player controls the ball throughout the act of clearly touching both feet, or any other part of his body other than his hand(s), to the ground inbounds.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jennings had only ONE foot on the ground when Golden Tate releases his right hand from the ball. Therefore, at that point, Jennings did not have POSSESSION of the ball... By the time Jennings' left foot touched the ground inbounds, Tate had both hands on the ball.

BY RULE, that is simultaneous possession, and call goes to the offensive player.

Thanks.

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 01:26 AM
3 Packer players complaining looks like some Charity is going to get a hefty donation from Goodell fining them.

ccg34
09-25-2012, 01:29 AM

Run,Run,Pass,Punt
Run,Run,Pass,Punt
Run,Run,Pass,Punt

This. Let Wilson freakin play his game!!!!!

ccg34
09-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Time to move on from this victory. We got an underrated St. Louis Rams team on the road.

Love the defense. Our offense needs work. Bevell's playcalling sucks. I hope Wilson pulls a Brett Favre and shuts out Bevell.

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 01:38 AM
Time to move on from this victory. We got an underrated St. Louis Rams team on the road.

Love the defense. Our offense needs work. Bevell's playcalling sucks. I hope Wilson pulls a Brett Favre and shuts out Bevell.

Going to be a dog fight especially on the road Fisher has that team playing well.

Vinny642
09-25-2012, 01:51 AM
It sucks we can easily be 3-0 if Baldwin makes the TD catch in Arizona, but we can also be 1-2 right now... so im going to shut up about that.

lol, please
09-25-2012, 01:55 AM
@TJLang70: Any player/coach in Seattle that really thinks they won that game has zero integrity as a man and should be embarrassed.

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 01:58 AM
@TJLang70: Any player/coach in Seattle that really thinks they won that game has zero integrity as a man and should be embarrassed.

TJ Lang is stupid lol fine coming his way at least other players handled it with class can't really blame Goodell for fining people who ignore him when he warns them not to do something.

Some Charity is about to get a whole lot richer from the players who did bash the Refs.

TeamSeattle
09-25-2012, 02:04 AM

So who are you a fan of the Packers or the 9ers or do you just like playing devil's advocate.

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 02:05 AM
So who are you a fan of the Packers or the 9ers or do you just like playing devil's advocate.

He is a fan of the 49ers.

Lombardi24
09-25-2012, 02:35 AM
TJ Lang is stupid lol fine coming his way at least other players handled it with class can't really blame Goodell for fining people who ignore him when he warns them not to do something.

Some Charity is about to get a whole lot richer from the players who did bash the Refs.
~
Maybe those fines should go to bring back the actual Refs but I doubt Goodell could comprehend that.
~
Do you think Lang or any other players care about the fines:) lol that is like 20 bucks in most other peoples pockets.
~
There are a few people in here that really think that Tate did not push off and he really caught that TD but when tons of Viking Lions and Bears fans come into a Packer forum and tell it like it is something is seriously wrong....
~
We try to teach our Children to tell the truth and no wonder there are so many liars in this world.... Sick..
~
One thing that is for certain these Refs have to go I think Seattle did a great job and played great on Def it was a close game so congrats on that...
~
Oh PS Tons of Seattle fans as well have stepped forward all over forums and have said that was an interception:)

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 03:33 AM
Umm i was one of the ones who said the Packers were robbed i was just saying it was stupid of the players to whine because all it's going to do is cost them money.

Vinny642
09-25-2012, 03:43 AM
SEAHAWKS ARE 2-1!!! Yessirr!!!!!

Lombardi24
09-25-2012, 04:44 AM
Umm i was one of the ones who said the Packers were robbed i was just saying it was stupid of the players to whine because all it's going to do is cost them money.
~
Nate I wasn't calling you out and if it seemed I was I apologize... My point is maybe the NFL will take all this whining and realize something has to change and change now... More attention is needed to put Goodell on the spot so I do look at it as whining from the players about all the bad calls just not all the ones in this game as they went both ways... Plus around the whole league.
~
I doubt the impact is truly going to come from the fans boycotting NFL games so it has to come from Players and Announcers as fans are to addicted it's like crack.... Once hooked you can't stay away..
~
Seattle played a good game we knew as Packer fans we were in for a fight.. I think there is a good chance at the end of the year we meet up again and it will be a great game.

hawks4life
09-25-2012, 07:46 AM
dont be immature. losing a franchise is worse than losing a game

WTF are you talking about? At least Seattle has a 2nd franchise. Wtf does Green Bay have? A ****ing cheese plant?!?!?! All yoiu have is a football team. Otherwise, Green Bay wouldnt even be on a ****ing map. Go back to school you stupid ****. Didnt hear any of you stupid ****s complaining when Kam Chancellor was called for PI.

IHateTheSkins
09-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Couldnt care less about green bay or seattle, but that was by far the worst call yet this year. If that INT doesnt wake up the owners to pay the refs, this sport is just a joke.

Labgrownmangoat
09-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Given the controversial nature of the ending of last night's game, will we be seeing the regular ref's back sooner?

crzyhawk
09-25-2012, 09:12 AM
The game was an absolute disgrace. First the horrible PI call on Kam led to a GB TD (I don't want to talk about all the holding that didn't get called on the pack's O-line). But THEN, the refs decided since they pretty much handed GB a TD, that by God they were going to award one to the Seahawks as well. The roughing the passer was a horrible call, and the PI /should/ have been offensive. Then on that last play they let Tate get away with a push off and when that didnt work, they ruled an INT a TD. Unbelieveable.

As a Seahawks fan I feel dirty. The only thing I can take solace in, is that I know that Steelers fans didnt feel like this after SB40, they still believe that was a legit win.

Seattle4Ever
09-25-2012, 10:25 AM
The game was an absolute disgrace. First the horrible PI call on Kam led to a GB TD (I don't want to talk about all the holding that didn't get called on the pack's O-line). But THEN, the refs decided since they pretty much handed GB a TD, that by God they were going to award one to the Seahawks as well. The roughing the passer was a horrible call, and the PI /should/ have been offensive. Then on that last play they let Tate get away with a push off and when that didnt work, they ruled an INT a TD. Unbelieveable.

As a Seahawks fan I feel dirty. The only thing I can take solace in, is that I know that Steelers fans didnt feel like this after SB40, they still believe that was a legit win.

Honestly I don't think it was a PI on Tate. They said after the game on jump balls, you basically just let whatever happen unless it's really, really bad and see who comes down with it. Especially in that kind of situation. Do I think he had possession? No. Probably not.

ccg34
09-25-2012, 11:06 AM
KJ Wright is playing phenomenal by the way. I thought I should mention that since no one has been giving him props. He is a future pro bowler in my opinion.

crzyhawk
09-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Honestly I don't think it was a PI on Tate. They said after the game on jump balls, you basically just let whatever happen unless it's really, really bad and see who comes down with it. Especially in that kind of situation. Do I think he had possession? No. Probably not.

yeah, they usually do let it go, but the fact is by rule it's PI. As it was, Tate pushed the guy down. I'd define that as really really bad. I don't blame the Seahawks for taking it, but the refs...lets just say I hope that GB doesnt miss the playoffs or home field by 1 game.

crzyhawk
09-25-2012, 11:16 AM
KJ Wright is playing phenomenal by the way. I thought I should mention that since no one has been giving him props. He is a future pro bowler in my opinion.

I agree with this. And Fire Darrel Bevell.

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 11:19 AM
It's funny we will hear about this for weeks/months/years but the Baltimore and NE game will be forgotten that game was decided by refs as well.

Incompetent Mangini said that there was a block in the back on us in the play as well but what about Wilson getting planted into the ground after having released the ball?

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Possibly but i am telling you when the regular refs are back they will make mistakes and people will whine about it just like they did when they were officiating.

kyuss275
09-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Wilson is not looking great because of Pete, plain and simple. If he lets Rus do his own thing, then he will shine. Tate should really learn how to catch, by the way.

I disagree. Wilson is not looking good because the hawks have one of the worst WR groups in the NFL. I was scared going into the season but i had no idea they were this bad.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 11:57 AM
All refs will make mistakes, but they would have got that call last night right. They also would have not called the PI on the TD drive for GB. The entire game would have been different. These refs have way to much control over the outcome of games.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 12:01 PM

Nobody is talking about our defense. Just that stupid call. Our defense was phenomenal. Green Bay had some success running the ball in the second half and moved the ball on us with the help of the officials but we kept them out of the end zone all game. We all know the TD drive should have been a FG as well. I would love to replay the 2nd half of that game but it wont happen so I will take the W.

ztilzer31
09-25-2012, 12:03 PM

Someone's mad Minnesota dominated their team lol.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 12:04 PM
It's funny we will hear about this for weeks/months/years but the Baltimore and NE game will be forgotten that game was decided by refs as well.

Incompetent Mangini said that there was a block in the back on us in the play as well but what about Wilson getting planted into the ground after having released the ball?

Since that game happened this week I doubt it is forgotten. Both these games are the tip of the iceberg. The Skins game too. And yeah there should have been a roughing call on that late hit on Wilson after he threw the ball. That would have led to another free play.

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 12:10 PM
All refs will make mistakes, but they would have got that call last night right. They also would have not called the PI on the TD drive for GB. The entire game would have been different. These refs have way to much control over the outcome of games.

Can you 100% say that though? I can't i have seen the real Refs make some huge mistakes.

Testaverde TD then the Roethlesburger getting into the end zone in the SB.

TeamSeattle
09-25-2012, 12:15 PM
What does calling the wrong play have to do with how the play will turn out? You can just audible out of the mistake and find something else. People are really reaching to find ways to hate on the Seahawks.

djbaseball21
09-25-2012, 12:28 PM
So sick of all this whining. Ya, that final call was terrible, but guess what? That last drive shouldn't have had to happen. There were at least 3 no calls on pi that should have kept Seahawks drive's alive. Then there was the BS pi call on Chancellor on 3rd & 10. Guess what? That terrible call lead to a GB TD instead of the seahawks having the ball up 7-6 in what would have been decent field postion with 8 minutes to go. So enough. Even tho the last call was botched, there were an equal number of bad calls that lead to the Seahawks having to make that drive, when in reality, they should have been running out the clock the final drive. Calls were bad for both teams. The Seahawks actually did deserve to win that game if you look at the WHOLE GAME rather than ONE PLAY.

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 12:54 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/556/162/JenningsBrowner_original.gif?1348543122

I missed this play wow.

DetroitSports13
09-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Packers got screwed on the last call but give seahawks credit for playing hard enough to make it come down to the last play. You can't say the seahawks didnt deserve to win the game. 8 sacks? that wasn't the refs fault.

http://jtosportsblog.wordpress.com/2...sy-in-seattle/

Kings of Queens
09-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Your D-line was balling last night. I actually think Pete Carol is handling this win completely the wrong way though. Instead of telling his players to act like the play was called correctly, they should be open about the fact that they got lucky, a bad call won them the game, and use it to keep them humble. Tell them they're gonna have to play a hell of a lot better if they want to reach that next level.

westside51283
09-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Man I hope so these refs are awful! My refs in high school could have called a better game last night!

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Your D-line was balling last night. I actually think Pete Carol is handling this win completely the wrong way though. Instead of telling his players to act like the play was called correctly, they should be open about the fact that they got lucky, a bad call won them the game, and use it to keep them humble. Tell them they're gonna have to play a hell of a lot better if they want to reach that next level.

No team is going to do that and you know it if that was a Packers receiver he would of claimed a catch to.

ztilzer31
09-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm not going to lie I want Flynn in after that game. Wilson looked like crap. The Golden Tate play was nice, but he bailed on a lot of plays with open receivers. I know we didn't have a lot of guys in but scoring only 14 points (7 of which shouldn't of counted) is disgraceful. He looked like a rookie out there this week. He needs to improve now.

2 for 11 on 3rd downs was horrible. Especially with Lynch making it easier. There were a lot of penalties as well, but still. I need to see improvement on Wilson ASAP.

Baller1
09-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Our defense is scary good.

Should've only given up 6 points.

hawks4life
09-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Jon gruden really put the importance of having a taller qb in perspective. If you really think about, you never see Wilson pass down the middle unless it's a long bomb. He's too short to make a 5 or 10 yard pass.

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Jon gruden really put the importance of having a taller qb in perspective. If you really think about, you never see Wilson pass down the middle unless it's a long bomb. He's too short to make a 5 or 10 yard pass.

I put it on the WR's they weren't getting separation he had to fit the ball into seams.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm not going to lie I want Flynn in after that game. Wilson looked like crap. The Golden Tate play was nice, but he bailed on a lot of plays with open receivers. I know we didn't have a lot of guys in but scoring only 14 points (7 of which shouldn't of counted) is disgraceful. He looked like a rookie out there this week. He needs to improve now.

2 for 11 on 3rd downs was horrible. Especially with Lynch making it easier. There were a lot of penalties as well, but still. I need to see improvement on Wilson ASAP.

I think he bailed on a few plays where he should have maybe stood in the pocket and mad a throw, but I dont think you can bench him. Green Bay's DB's made some great plays on the ball too. They have a very improved defense. They made the decision and we have to stick with it. Bevell needs to be canned. I would like to see Flynn out there as well but Wilson is not at fault, and is only going to get better with experience. This isnt the pre season. Game is much faster, and he will figure it out.

And one more thing. The real issue is all the dead ball penalties. Those are drive killers. Look at how many of those third downs were long third downs cause of false starts, and delay of game penalties. We had some 3rd and 30's, and 3rd and 20's. Horrible.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Our defense is scary good.

Should've only given up 6 points.

Maybe 9. You take the PI call out and they are kicking the go ahead FG instead of getting that TD.

wowzman
09-25-2012, 02:37 PM

True. The push in the back by Tate was obvious, blatant and if called correctly would have eliminated any nonsense about who caught the ball.

Because it was. There were certainly disputed calls in that game and yes, Pittsburgh was the beneficiary of several of them. However, there is no way to determine whether a bad call actually affects the outcome of the game when there are subsequent plays made after the disputed call. Just because, in SB40 a bad holding call negates a 1st and goal from the 1 for Seattle, there are still plays to come. Next play, the QB throws a pick. Would the Seahawks have scored a TD on the 1st and goal? We will never know. Had the Seahawks scored the go ahed TD, would they have won the game? We will never know. They would have had a lead but there was still more game to play.

Bad calls are a part of all sports. Whether you have officials calling penalties, balls and stikes, line calls or whatever, human beings will make mistakes. The athletes blow chances themselves on a regular basis.

In this situation however, the terrible officiating definitley cost Green Bay a victory. They was no opportunity for either team to recover from the bad call. They was no time on the clock. Nobody was getting another possession. The game was over. The only thing left to determine was who won.

The officials gifted Seattle with a win. Whether it plays a major impact on the rest of the season for either team remains to be seen.

For example, if that "win" enables Seattle to get home field in the playoffs and they eventually go on to win the Super Bowl, would you consider that victory "legit"? If the "loss" prevents GB from making the playoffs, thus Seahawks don't have to face them in the playoff, and Seattle goes on the win the SB, would you consider that "legit"?

All that being said, your team played a great game and however "tainted" it may be, it is still a "W".

Maybe we'll be lucky enough for rematch in SB XLVII :D

TeamSeattle
09-25-2012, 02:55 PM

was a right about you or was i right. You were nowhere to be found last week now you pop in and throw this at us so you can gloat. Guess who won the game though.

ztilzer31
09-25-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't know. The more I see out of Wilson the more of a doubter I become. He regressed the week IMO. Green Bay has a crap defense, and if we keep the inefficiency on 3rd downs up we're going to wear our our defense by week 8.

ccg34
09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
I put it on the WR's they weren't getting separation he had to fit the ball into seams.

LOL at the sig. Browner is a bully. I don't blame Jennings one bit for getting pissed. That was a cheap shot. Love the toughness and intimidation, but I hope that doesn't happen again. We could have got penalized.

ztilzer31
09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
was a right about you or was i right. You were nowhere to be found last week now you pop in and throw this at us so you can gloat. Guess who won the game though.

Was a right? First of all proof read your **** because 90% of the time you sound like a 4th grader who was held back a year. Second of all if you ever quote my **** again be sure to actually say something useful. Third of all I've been against Russell Wilson starting because of his youth since the beginning. Sorry I stick to my opinions instead of flip flopping week to week.

Owned.

ccg34
09-25-2012, 03:02 PM

Im not sure I would pull the plug on wilson just yet. As long as we win, he should be our qb in my opinion. Our play calling was way too predictable. run, run, run, and play action pass. Eventually Bevell will open the playbook (I hope) more. They are babying him way too much.

TeamSeattle
09-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Was a right? First of all proof read your **** because 90% of the time you sound like a 4th grader who was held back a year. Second of all if you ever quote my **** again be sure to actually say something useful. Third of all I've been against Russell Wilson starting because of his youth since the beginning. Sorry I stick to my opinions instead of flip flopping week to week.

Owned.

Explain to me how I was owned by you for stating the obvious? You didn't give the man any type of credit last week (that's a given) and obviously watched this game with bias and your blaming the third down conversions solely on Russell Wilson. Our offensive coordinator (Jim Bevell) is the one to blame for 60-70% of the Hawks 3-and-outs. You don't expect a rookie to come in and never get in rhythm. They hung him out to dry and he made the best of his opportunities. Oh and I know you've been against Wilson and I said you would come in here and tell us this crap every week he doesn't live up to par.

ztilzer31
09-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Explain to me how I was owned by you for stating the obvious? You didn't give the man any type of credit and obviously watched this game with bias and blamed the third down conversions solely on Russell Wilson. Our offensive coordinator (Jim Bevell) is the one to blame for 60-70% of the Hawks 3-and-outs. You don't expect a rookie to come in and never get in rhythm. They hung him out to dry and he made the best of his opportunities. Oh and I know you've been against Wilson and I said you would come in here and tell us this crap every week he doesn't live up to par.

Lol first of all it's Darrell Bevell not ****ing Jim. Second of all you don't know what you're talking about.

ztilzer31
09-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Like your whole previous post is false. I have never been against Wilson. I've been realistic about Wilson, and I don't want him starting his first season. However I want him to be successful if he's going to start.

I know you want to pretend like Russell Wilson is really good, but he's just not. Watch the film. Many open players, and tons of late throws. Also poor footwork on many throws in the pocket.

BcEuAbRsS
09-25-2012, 03:47 PM
I really feel like you guys would be better off with Flynn playing over Wilson. Wilson has really been saved by that awesome defense.

hawks4life
09-25-2012, 04:01 PM
I agree, man. I like Wilson and I think he can become a start in this league, but I think Flynn should have started this year. Just my opinion though.

rubiconraider
09-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Like one of the previous posters has stated, WHAT A DISGRACE!!!

The integrity of the game is declining. Whatever.

AJ Raiders

NateyB24
09-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Disagree if Bevell opened the playbook Wilson would look better plus Flynn is always having a sore elbow.

Boozerguy47
09-25-2012, 04:25 PM
If you ask me, our poor passing numbers are all because of Bevell and the coaches for not letting Wilson fling it around the field. We need to be more aggressive through the air because will make Marshawn's job easier and reduce the pressure on the defense.

I'll go ahead and post what I said in the general forum MNF topic...

----------

I'll be the first to admit that the Roughing the Passer call was a horrible one. However, on that play the Green Bay defender CLEARLY lost control of the ball when he hit the ground. No chance that call would have stood.

As many of you said, the PI on Kam was a horrendous call. If that wasn't called then GB is facing fourth down and never would have reached the end zone that drive.

That PI involving Sydney Rice was a gift for the Hawks, but again, it was after all the other calls.

I rarely spot holding penalties while watching live, but Irvin and Clemons were constantly being held by the Packers' line. I saw several plays where Clem and Irvin had their man beat and the offensive lineman had one of his arms wrapped around their neck. I guess that's football though. The Hawks probably got away with a couple holds as well.

Of course when you look at the final play the Packers got shafted. But, you have to acknowledge the previous 59+ minutes of play.

-------

And I have to add... So much for the Pack scoring 30+ on us like the majority of their fans thought. And my *** their D is better than ours.

ztilzer31
09-25-2012, 04:42 PM
I guarantee you if we lost this game Wilson would be steaming on the hot seat for his job right now. He looked bad out there. Never had control of his offense. Penalties like that reflect on leadership as well. A lot of offenses are having problems right now, but blaming Bevell is ridiculous. It's not like Wilson doesn't have the ability to change the play/audible/hot route. I mean come on. Don't turn a blind eye toward poor QB play just because you have a boner for him.

crzyhawk
09-25-2012, 04:44 PM
True. The push in the back by Tate was obvious, blatant and if called correctly would have eliminated any nonsense about who caught the ball.

Because it was. There were certainly disputed calls in that game and yes, Pittsburgh was the beneficiary of several of them. However, there is no way to determine whether a bad call actually affects the outcome of the game when there are subsequent plays made after the disputed call. Just because, in SB40 a bad holding call negates a 1st and goal from the 1 for Seattle, there are still plays to come. Next play, the QB throws a pick. Would the Seahawks have scored a TD on the 1st and goal? We will never know. Had the Seahawks scored the go ahed TD, would they have won the game? We will never know. They would have had a lead but there was still more game to play.

Except you're forgetting that we had a TD called back in that game for a push off, which was bunk. You're also forgetting that from 3rd and goal from the 1, Ben tried a QB sneak and got stuffed, but it was ruled a TD. He even admitted that it wasn't in later. That's a 14 point differential, not even counting the likely 7 in Seattle's favor on the phantom holding penalty, which led to the INT and 7 more for Pitt.

So yeah, the points taken off the board for Seattle that were earned, and the 7 points granted to Pitt had a HUGE swing on the game.

crzyhawk
09-25-2012, 04:49 PM
On to more relevant things now though, our O coordinator is trash. I can't hate on Bevell's play calling enough. Our offense is going to continue to suck with out any variation to run run throw (from an empty back set). I can't blame Wilson until I've seen what he can do. With this play calling I think it's impossible to see what he may or may not be capable of. We know he can hand off well, and he can scramble. We know he hasn't had much success throwing into the teeth of a defense who knows pass is coming.

The one time Bevell broke his pattern of run run pass punt he play actioned into a TD. How did he not learn from that? FFS, if he's going to run the same 3 plays, why not use the one that works as one of them?

ztilzer31
09-25-2012, 05:00 PM
On to more relevant things now though, our O coordinator is trash. I can't hate on Bevell's play calling enough. Our offense is going to continue to suck with out any variation to run run throw (from an empty back set). I can't blame Wilson until I've seen what he can do. With this play calling I think it's impossible to see what he may or may not be capable of. We know he can hand off well, and he can scramble. We know he hasn't had much success throwing into the teeth of a defense who knows pass is coming.

The one time Bevell broke his pattern of run run pass punt he play actioned into a TD. How did he not learn from that? FFS, if he's going to run the same 3 plays, why not use the one that works as one of them?

Are we going to pretend that Russell Wilson is too ******** to change the play? If he reads something in the defense he doesn't like then change the play.

The offensive line shooting ourselves in the foot was pretty awful, but Wilson's numbers were Tebow numbers. Really really bad, and really really inefficient.

Boozerguy47
09-25-2012, 05:03 PM
My issue with his game plan is that he doesn't call quick slants or hooks to get Russell going. In addition, Russell had a good amount of success by throwing the deep ball in the preseason. I'm just thankful Bevell called Tate's name on the deep throw in the first half. In the long run there is no way we will win if we continue to hope Lynch can get 100+ yards and our D holds teams to less than 14 points.

Oh, and a friend sent me this pic... Most favorable pic I've seen showing Tate with some sort of possession.

http://i47.tinypic.com/10zr8cy.jpg

Vinny642
09-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Our defense shut the Packs down.... done, shut them down, the only thing aside from penalties that was killing us was the short passes, which we gotta keep an eye on.... but we SHUT the Packs down for sure..... its funny how there was rarely if any holding penalties on the Packs offensive line....

We did our thing!

Boozerguy47
09-25-2012, 06:38 PM
I just posted this in other topic... Feel you'd all get something worthwhile out of it.

Interesting how the rule book says it's not considered a catch until the 'catcher' has TWO feet on the ground. At the point the defender came down and his second foot touched, Tate had both hands on the ball, which would be a simultaneous catch. At this point the ball was also closest to Tate's chest. Once both hit the ground it is obvious that Green Bay had controlled the ball.

It was just on ESPN. They read the rule and Carroll addressed it too. When he came down with the ball and both feet hit, Tate had two hands on it as well. Watch at 47 seconds (just before Jennings gets his second foot down). By 51 seconds it looks as if Jennings gained a bit more control of the ball. From roughly 47 seconds till 51 (when Jennings two feet come down), both plays had two hands on it and against both of their bodies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hTFMD5NX1Q

Let me reiterate my stance though. Regardless of what I just said, the Hawks still got the benefit of the doubt with the no call on Tate's puh. However, the final "catch" is obviously closer than many realize.

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 06:41 PM
We knew coming into this season that our defense was going to be good. We basically got all our key pieces from last season. On offense we have a new QB. That is a new general. It is going to be behind all season no matter who our QB is as long as it isnt Tavaris. I think we would have been better off with Flynn as he has a few years of holding the clip board and has had success in his 2 regular season starts. But Wilson won the job. That being said we must be patient and watch him grow. He is not making mistakes and throwing forced throws that are getting picked, and he is not fumbling the ball like Vick. He is keeping us in games and eventually he will get more and more comfortable and make the big throws. Only way I see Wilson losing starts is if he gets hurt. Maybe a sprained ankle would be good for us hehe. Skelton beat out Kolb and look what Kolb is doing for Arizona now.

Raider in FL
09-25-2012, 06:53 PM
It was fun watching your defense. They played very well but that was easily the worst call I've ever seen. I've seen some bad ones and I'm an old man who's seen a lot of football. Love your defense.

Boozerguy47
09-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I hear what you're saying. With Flynn we wouldn't be so hesitant to throw the ball. That is a fair and accurate statement. Hopefully they put more trust in Wilson over the coming weeks.

Boozerguy47
09-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the post. Yeah, our D definitely stepped up. I was worried a couple times last night, but we managed to hold GB to two field goals.

That call... was... interesting... to say the least.

kalel
09-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Don't know if anyone has stated this yet but with all the moaning about it being an interception or not, why didn't the db do what your suppose to do and bat the ball away so know one has a play on it? I mean seriously packs take some credit and admit that your player didn't make the right call whether or not the call was right or wrong

Boozerguy47
09-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I saw your post. I thought of that too. Seems like a lot of DBs just try to pad their stats.

I'm sure someone will point to the Lions-Titans game and say that is why you don't bat the ball... Still, that catch by Young was a one in a million type play.

Vinny642
09-25-2012, 07:47 PM
We need to focus more on our run defense.... we let Benson run in the 2nd half.... we got Stephen Jackson next, we can't let the same stuff happen.

Boozerguy47
09-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Marshawn on the mic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jPQhfZhd1WM

Baller1
09-25-2012, 08:43 PM
:laugh2: I love Marshawn.

Vinny642
09-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Marshawn speaking the truth

drew_ellis_23
09-25-2012, 11:39 PM
I've watched quarterbacks score touchdowns with their helmets.

I've seen a quarterback called for clipping when he attempted to tackle a player who had just intercepted him.

There are countless examples in every game where plays are missed or fans influence the game. This game was a great example of that, and I'm not even talking about the last play of the game.

Offensive linemen held one of Bruce Irvin, Brandon Mebane and Chris Clemons on nearly every play of the second half. Kam Chancellor made a perfect play on a third down pass over the middle and was called for pass interference, a play that extended a drive for Green Bay that eventually led to the go-ahead score for the visiting Packers. Few are out in force on twitter telling everyone Kam got screwed... and that's the way it should be.

A karmic bubble burst tonight, people, and decades of poorly made calls against my beloved Seahawks all came crashing down on the Packers and M.D. Jennings. Sure Jennings clearly had possession of the ball, but that's in the air. A player can't gain what is referred to as ‘sole possession' until he reaches the ground, it's the same idea as a receiver needing to maintain control through the catch. If you drop the ball before you come down it's not a completion. Likewise, if you're Jennings and another player joins you in possession before you come down it's not an interception, as possession goes to the receiver.

I'm pretty peeved about the reactions of the national media and even some of my fellow Seahawks fans. It's damn hard to win in the NFL and to say, as some are, that the Seahawks shouldn't be celebrating this is ludicrous. Why shouldn't we celebrate? Because the refs blew the last call of the game? Not me man, not me.

When the season ends, the record will show we won on that night by a score of 14-12 and that will be all that matters when it comes to getting where we'd all like to see the Seahawks go, the playoffs. So if you've got beef with the outcome and don't want to celebrate, feel free to mope with the rest of the football universe. Me? I'm going to lie back and enjoy the favor karma has returned to me, at long last.

Besides, Golden Tate totally caught that ball...

Boozerguy47
09-26-2012, 12:21 AM

I've seen a quarterback called for clipping when he attempted to tackle a player who had just intercepted him.

There are countless examples in every game where plays are missed or fans influence the game. This game was a great example of that, and I'm not even talking about the last play of the game.

Offensive linemen held one of Bruce Irvin, Brandon Mebane and Chris Clemons on nearly every play of the second half. Kam Chancellor made a perfect play on a third down pass over the middle and was called for pass interference, a play that extended a drive for Green Bay that eventually led to the go-ahead score for the visiting Packers. Few are out in force on twitter telling everyone Kam got screwed... and that's the way it should be.

A karmic bubble burst tonight, people, and decades of poorly made calls against my beloved Seahawks all came crashing down on the Packers and M.D. Jennings. Sure Jennings clearly had possession of the ball, but that's in the air. A player can't gain what is referred to as ‘sole possession' until he reaches the ground, it's the same idea as a receiver needing to maintain control through the catch. If you drop the ball before you come down it's not a completion. Likewise, if you're Jennings and another player joins you in possession before you come down it's not an interception, as possession goes to the receiver.

I'm pretty peeved about the reactions of the national media and even some of my fellow Seahawks fans. It's damn hard to win in the NFL and to say, as some are, that the Seahawks shouldn't be celebrating this is ludicrous. Why shouldn't we celebrate? Because the refs blew the last call of the game? Not me man, not me.

When the season ends, the record will show we won on that night by a score of 14-12 and that will be all that matters when it comes to getting where we'd all like to see the Seahawks go, the playoffs. So if you've got beef with the outcome and don't want to celebrate, feel free to mope with the rest of the football universe. Me? I'm going to lie back and enjoy the favor karma has returned to me, at long last.

Exactly... The more pictures and video I see, the more I feel Tate had the ball. I know this has been posted around...

http://i45.tinypic.com/25g8gep.jpg

Tate was first with both hands on it (or at least it would appear) and to have two feet on the ground. If anything he officially caught it before Jennings.

Typical national media...

Baller1
09-26-2012, 04:12 AM

I'm with you Drew. 100%.

johnnymariner
09-26-2012, 04:20 AM
Saw this on the Packers site and chuckled

Vinny642
09-26-2012, 05:30 AM
There is a first time for everything :)

Vinny642
09-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Russell Wilson should have 2 game winning drives though, Baldwin had the ball IN HIS HANDS and dropped it bringing it to him :(( (against the Cards)

And yeah the play is a lot closer than people realize and also yeah I agree with Drew's whole post... especially the part with the "how we go from 8 sacks to 0 in 2 halves" part...

NateyB24
09-26-2012, 09:30 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3rPS_9CcAAhQOI.jpg

lol this is pretty good.

Is there anyway to keep our players from talking to national media? All they do is bash us so i say screw ESPN and screw the NFL Network.

crzyhawk
09-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Are we going to pretend that Russell Wilson is too ******** to change the play? If he reads something in the defense he doesn't like then change the play.

The offensive line shooting ourselves in the foot was pretty awful, but Wilson's numbers were Tebow numbers. Really really bad, and really really inefficient.

No, I just don't know how tightly his leash is being held. I'm not exactly on the Wilson bandwagon. I'm just saying I'm not ready to crucify him yet. Youre right though, his stats are awful. I just wonder how much of that is because of Wilson, and how much is because of Bevell. We know what trash we have in Bevell. He came exactly as advertised by the Vikings fans.

NateyB24
09-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Sorry i am not going to worry about Wilson's numbers when all they want is a game manager out of Wilson this season it looks like also maybe he can't change the plays because they won't let him.

Also no way is he Tim Tebow i don't even see the comparison Tim Tebow has awful mechanics.

TeamSeattle
09-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I know were all examining our QB under a microscope because of the competition battle and everything but there are more contributing factors to his current numbers that we should be taking into consideration. Game manager (under 20 attempts), play calling, only getting to throw on third downs are just a few things to look at it. I will say nobody is perfect and we always want the best product on the field.

Pete Carroll (at Wedn presser) says he's been holding the lid on Russell Wilson in the passing game, but they need to convert on 3rd down. He also said he doesn't care that we last in passing yards in the league; taking care of the football is the most important thing for us.

drew_ellis_23
09-26-2012, 11:38 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8426996/owners-budge-latest-talks-fail-produce-deal-source-says

Owners wont budge so it looks like another week of scabs.

NateyB24
09-26-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.q13fox.com/sports/football/seahawks/kcpq-seahawks-capitalize-on-lastsecond-hail-mary-pass-beat-packers-1412-20120924,0,5401209.story

^Look at this video his hand is clearly on the football the whole time and yes all it takes is one hand you don't have to have both.

LINsation
09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
True. I said the same thing. Only takes 1 hand

shen
09-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Tate made the catch, if it had been regular refs yeah Packer fans would still be mad but would not have this national outrage. People would admit that Tate had the catch.

Boozerguy47
09-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Look here... This is what I posted in the general NFL forum topic. And remember, a catch is not completed until BOTH feet are on the ground. Tate had both arms on the ball and his feet down first. Not even close.

-----------------

But the ball was in Jennings hand, which is connected to his wrist, thus catch.

Yeah... I hear you there. The official rule was brought up and discussed on ESPN and in several articles.

A "CATCH" does not occur until the player has two feet on the ground and hands on the ball. Yes, Jennings was the first to get his hands on the ball, but as that picture (labeling Tate's feet down and Jennings' not) shows Jennings hadn't completed the catch at that point in time. Simultaneous catch goes to the receiver? Well, the pic below shows Tate's feet on the ground first. Look at the second pic as well...

Same time from a different angle... The ball is even against Tate's body...

Just passing along what I now know about the real rule. Am I saying the refs did in fact make the right call in giving Tate the TD? Not necessarily... My point is the call wasn't as ludicrous as many believe.

Boozerguy47
09-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Call me a homer, but the more I look at the pictures surrounding the final play, the more I feel the call may have been correct. Look at the pictures I posted in the other topics.

I mean it's still a toss-up, but tie goes to the offensive player. The pictures CLEARLY show that Tate had both hands and both feet on the ground before Jennings.

NateyB24
09-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Call me a homer, but the more I look at the pictures surrounding the final play, the more I feel the call may have been correct. Look at the pictures I posted in the other topics.

I mean it's still a toss-up, but tie goes to the offensive player. The pictures CLEARLY show that Tate had both hands and both feet on the ground before Jennings.

I agree that call isn't as sure as people are making it out to be.

steelie
09-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Look here... This is what I posted in the general NFL forum topic. And remember, a catch is not completed until BOTH feet are on the ground. Tate had both arms on the ball and his feet down first. Not even close.

-----------------

Yeah... I hear you there. The official rule was brought up and discussed on ESPN and in several articles.

A "CATCH" does not occur until the player has two feet on the ground and hands on the ball. Yes, Jennings was the first to get his hands on the ball, but as that picture (labeling Tate's feet down and Jennings' not) shows Jennings hadn't completed the catch at that point in time. Simultaneous catch goes to the receiver? Well, the pic below shows Tate's feet on the ground first. Look at the second pic as well...

Same time from a different angle... The ball is even against Tate's body...

Just passing along what I now know about the real rule. Am I saying the refs did in fact make the right call in giving Tate the TD? Not necessarily... My point is the call wasn't as ludicrous as many believe.

If this was against the Rams or some less popular team this would not be a headline. But because it was against the beloved Packers, everyone is making a big stink. Just the same crap we see everyday on the NFL Network. When was the last time you saw any Seahawk content on the NFL Network other than this incident?

Boozerguy47
09-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Very true... Or think of it of the team's situations were flipped. If Pack wins on a hail mary, rather than Hawks, I guarantee you not as many would be *****ing about the final result.

Something else that is great is all the analysts who fail to realize it is NOT a catch until BOTH feet hit the ground. 19/20 tv personalities resort to the conclusion that Jennings had both hands on it first, which is true... BUT by the time he had both feet down, Tate had his hands on the ball.

NateyB24
09-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Jaguars would be the best example.

Ian.
09-26-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd be more pissed about his blatant push off than the call.

Boozerguy47
09-26-2012, 08:07 PM
The only thing is, refs rarely call that on a final play... Same thing can be found in the NBA. Typically you won't see officials call a foul on a last second shot. The officials let them play.

Nevertheless, it was a break for us... Like Herm Edwards said on ESPN though, Matthews could have been called for roughing the passer on that final hail mary too.

ztilzer31
09-26-2012, 08:14 PM
I don't think it's bad to be supportive of Wilson, and I definitely don't think everything Wilson has done has been bad. He's done well at controlling the ball, but he's having too many three and outs.

People can complain about not going deep enough, but that's the west coast offense. You open up the deep ball by throwing the short ones. 9 for 21 is not good, and it's not 100% Darrell Bevell's fault. I don't expect everyone to agree on everything, but to have nothing but excuses for our QB is pretty dumb IMO.

You don't see the comparison in numbers between last weeks game and Tebows? I understand they're two completely different players, but the numbers are extremely similar.

Three and outs are NOT all Bevell's fault. Neither are they all Wilson's fault, but I think it's extremely ignorant to say they're not his fault at all. He looked very poor in about 3 or 4 of the possessions, and their were a couple times that the linebackers were playing zone and he bailed out of the pocket instead of waiting a half second to deliver the ball to the right guy.

He needs to progress. That's all I'm saying, and we're asking too much out of him IMO. I know he's a freak of nature, but even so it takes QB's time to learn the NFL 99% of the time.

Here are the red zone number for Wilson thus far http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/teams/redzone/playerstats/SEA . These numbers are really bad, but expected from a rookie QB. Something that many of us mentioned that he would struggle with. He needs to get better, and quick. We're not just looking for a QB of the future, but we're looking to win now. These numbers will not win us football games later in the season. Too much pressure on the defense, and lack of possession time will destroy this team by mid season. We need to control that clock!

ztilzer31
09-26-2012, 08:18 PM
It makes me mad that the Seahawks get a win in week 3 on a bad call (sure the catch is arguable, but the PI was definite lol) and after the super bowl you didn't hear **** on ESPN about the Steelers getting lucky. It was all about how great Bettis is and how great it is for him to finally get a Super Bowl. Only the morning opinionated shows said anything. Sportscenter turned a blind eye. Now everyone's favorite team (the Packers) get robbed and everyone gets all pissed. I'll trade this weeks win for the 05 Super Bowl if anyone is interested.

Baller1
09-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Nothing new. Seattle is the scum of NFL media, and it's always been that way.

No one talks about how incredible our defense is, or the call on Kam, or the fact that Rice was held for a good 5 yards on that final drive. Whatever. We're 2-1... Quite frankly, the media and everyone *****ing can just **** off.

Norm
09-26-2012, 08:32 PM
I agree that last play was BS, but you guy did not deserve that win. Offense got handled all game, and you guys got a free 3rd down conversion early in that drive in the 4th quarter which led to a TD. The officiating was bad on both sides all game.

We scored 3 times on offense. We had 17 first downs to 10.

You had more than half of your passing yards on two plays.

You act like we didn't handle your offense. You scored on two shot plays, I mean that's good, the first one was set up perfectly.

This notion that we didn't deserve to win when you needed a hail mary with no time to score more than once in a game is laughable to me.

Certainly GB was sloppy but D was solid for the most part. You made us look like a college team in the first half but we made adjustments and should have been able to stop you on that final drive. Feels like we didn't deserve to win was based on some expectation of how we were supposed to play versus SEA vs GB's play in the actual game.

Baller1
09-26-2012, 08:39 PM
We scored 3 times on offense. We had 17 first downs to 10.

You had more than half of your passing yards on two plays.

You act like we didn't handle your offense. You scored on two shot plays, I mean that's good, the first one was set up perfectly.

This notion that we didn't deserve to win when you needed a hail mary with no time to score more than once in a game is laughable to me.

Certainly GB was sloppy but D was solid for the most part. You made us look like a college team in the first half but we made adjustments and should have been able to stop you on that final drive. Feels like we didn't deserve to win was based on some expectation of how we were supposed to play versus SEA vs GB's play in the actual game.

You scored on two drives, which were field goals. Your last score should have never happened, but thanks to a pathetic PI call on Chancellor.. You guys scored. Your D was great, our defense was incredible. Simple as that.