PDA

View Full Version : PSD Poll: Eastern Conference Standings (3rd Seed)

sixer04fan
09-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Wanted to get a poll going to see how PSD will predict the conference standings this year. We'll start with the Eastern Conference, and we'll start with the 2nd seed. Let's be honest, voting on first seed would be a waste of everyone's time. I'm putting Miami down as the #1 seed. If you don't like it, too bad. Boston took the 2nd seed vote with ease. On to the 3rd seed.

I'll add more teams to the poll choices when they are worth adding. Please try to vote fairly and unbiased.

PSD's 2012-2013 Eastern Conference Standings Poll:

1. Miami Heat
2. Boston Celtics
3. ???

Who ya got as the 3rd seed in the East this year, and why? Poll closes in 2 days.

sixer04fan
09-20-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm going Pacers here, trying to be as unbiased as possible. Any of these teams have a pretty decent shot if all goes well (except maybe ATL), but the Pacers have it going on already, as they were the 3rd seed last year. They're young, they have good, proven chemistry, and they match up well against a lot of teams.

GoPacers33
09-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Pacers

DoMeFavors
09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Pacers are so overated, I cant wait untill the end of the year when everyone will see that they were a one hit wonder. I bet you they are no better than a 6th seed.

Swashcuff
09-20-2012, 11:07 AM
76ers fan but I'm going Pacers here. Paul George and Roy Hibbert should only get better as players they have amazing depth and really play the game the right way. I like their team to continuing improving next season.

Kashmir13579
09-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Knicks

DoMeFavors
09-20-2012, 11:35 AM
And Knicks are talked about being a top 5 team the past 2 years and they only added Jkidd..they are what they were last year a 7th seed at best.

BklynKnicks3
09-20-2012, 11:37 AM
knicks slapped pacers around last year and are even better this year. Even the 1 game pacers beat us we where up 20 and choked.

Mr. Baller
09-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Pacers.

C_Mund
09-20-2012, 11:48 AM
It could go to any of those teams, the conference as a whole got better so I think lots of it will come down to match-ups. Too tough to call until I see how they react with the shake-up

cbreezy34
09-20-2012, 11:54 AM
I got the Sixers.... we are the best defensive team out of this group (besides a healthy bulls team) and we added Andrew Bynum. The pacers are so overrated it makes me sick... i'll never ever understand their hype. Knicks have a weird mix of players I just don't see them there yet.

TheIlladelph16
09-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I voted 76ers to be a homer, but I would say probably the Pacers as well. Very underrated and deep team.

Now I'm gonna sit back and watch DoMeFavors & BklynKnicks' homerific posts muck up this thread

DoMeFavors
09-20-2012, 12:12 PM
I got the Sixers.... we are the best defensive team out of this group (besides a healthy bulls team) and we added Andrew Bynum. The pacers are so overrated it makes me sick... i'll never ever understand their hype. Knicks have a weird mix of players I just don't see them there yet.

I agree except with Sixers being there it will be Nets, or Nets will finish 2nd

MetsJets0809
09-20-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm going Knicks here too. I really love what they did and added to a team that was Top 10 in defense last year. I also think that with a full training camp, consistency at the PG position and a deeper bench, that they are going to be a strong contender in the Eastern Conference. I also agree with what everyone is saying about Indy. I just don't see what so many are saying about them. I actually hated all their moves this offseason. Even though I'm picking the Knicks, I think CHI and PHI are right their with them, with the Nets a little bit behind the three of them

Singhkumar9219
09-20-2012, 12:38 PM
I agree except with Sixers being there it will be Nets, or Nets will finish 2nd

Who do they have on defense to compete or even stop anyone .. last year lin lit up deron and hes not even that good. Your pretty on paper but that dont mean muuch :burn:

sixer04fan
09-20-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm okay with the Knicks going here. It honestly could be any of these teams, they all have the potential. I just picked the Pacers because they excelled in the regular season last year, and seemed to get better as the season went on. They're young, they have depth, they have chemistry, and they're efficient. They may not be contenders, and the Knicks might be better built for a playoff run, but I at least think the Pacers are built like a team that can rack up a lot of regular season wins. I'd honestly be surprised if the Knicks finish with a better record.

In short, I think the Pacers can have a better regular season record, but I think the Knicks can probably go deeper in the playoffs.

IIISSKiLL
09-20-2012, 02:32 PM
And Knicks are talked about being a top 5 team the past 2 years and they only added Jkidd..they are what they were last year a 7th seed at best.

Chicago without Rose, and Orlando without Howard
Pacers will be 3 to 5, same with Nets, and Knicks

DR_1
09-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Bulls were the number 1 seed last season, mostly without Rose. So much disrespect :pity:

5ass
09-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Bulls were the number 1 seed last season, mostly without Rose. So much disrespect :pity:

They got worse while other teams got better.

JasonJohnHorn
09-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Pacers are getting no respect!

Swashcuff
09-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Mostly without Rose? I find that very interesting seeing as that Rose played more than half the games on the season.

The Bulls were 32-7 with Rose good for a .821 W% best in the NBA without him they had a .667 W% which would have been 2nd to the Heat. Your argument is merited. So you do have a just cause for having such a view but I think you should at least attempt to make an argument for your team before saying they are disrespected. When they lost their best player in the post season (Noah as well) they lost to an 8th seed so I think if people don't appreciate how good the Bulls were without Rose in the regular season you as a homer should bring it to their attention.

koreancabbage
09-20-2012, 04:10 PM
knicks slapped pacers around last year and are even better this year. Even the 1 game pacers beat us we where up 20 and choked.

what does this have to do with standings? Pacers can lose all their games to NY and still be beat them in the standings.

PacersForLife
09-20-2012, 04:13 PM

Pacers are so overated, I cant wait untill the end of the year when everyone will see that they were a one hit wonder. I bet you they are no better than a 6th seed.

I don't see how you could think they are overrated unless you just didn't watch them at all last year...

NYYCowboys
09-20-2012, 04:16 PM
I think this is a toss up. Could be either Knicks, Pacers or Sixers IMO. I went with the Knicks because tie goes to your favorite team. I could see any of these teams finishing 3-5. Also the Bulls could be a sleeper here.

koreancabbage
09-20-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm okay with the Knicks going here. It honestly could be any of these teams, they all have the potential. I just picked the Pacers because they excelled in the regular season last year, and seemed to get better as the season went on. They're young, they have depth, they have chemistry, and they're efficient. They may not be contenders, and the Knicks might be better built for a playoff run, but I at least think the Pacers are built like a team that can rack up a lot of regular season wins. I'd honestly be surprised if the Knicks finish with a better record.

In short, I think the Pacers can have a better regular season record, but I think the Knicks can probably go deeper in the playoffs.

UNTRUE!

they just won their first game in the playoffs last year in over a decade- two wins in a series should be your expectations for the playoffs. They have to prove otherwise cuz i'm looking at another first round exit regardless of their ranking. Pacers will do better- they are growing together and have already been to the second round already nearing takin out Miami - which deserves some credit.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-20-2012, 04:18 PM
I've got the 76ers. Feel like the Pacers are going to fall a little this season.

StarvingKnick22
09-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Pacers.

NYKnicksAllDay
09-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Pacers.

Swashcuff
09-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Why are people saying that the Pacers are overrated? They are a young team that came away with the 3rd best record in the East last season. They are to be expected to continue improving. I really can't understand people's hate with other teams. It makes no sense to me to say that they are being overrated. No one is expecting them to be the Thunder of the east or to contend or anything they just think that they are good enough to be a top 3 team. :shrug:

xxplayerxx23
09-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Damn I was late, I would of homered up :laugh2: But I think its the Pacers to be honest. Very good young talent. Indy-Philly-Knicks and even the Nets could be this high. IMO its Pacers-Knicks-Philly-Nets-Bulls- And Ill go with my surprise team Tor to finish the top 8

Cal827
09-22-2012, 10:58 PM
The Pacers are Overrated: The ONLY argument that you would see Knicks and Nets fans on PSD join together and claim.

I think Indiana takes the three spot. Them and Boston should fight for the 2nd and third seed.