PDA

View Full Version : What are your top-5 power forward/center combo players?

mrblisterdundee
09-20-2012, 01:36 AM
There are players who are strictly centers and can't shoot well enough to be power forwards. There are weaker power forwards who don't rebound or impose themselves in the post enough to be legitimate centers.
Then there are those players that can be successful in both positions. Who makes up your top-5 list of power forward/center combos?

1. Pau Gasol - We've seen him as a great center and a great power forward, and he has back-to-back championships to show for it.
2. Al Horford - This guy has been one of the best centers in the league, and he's not even really meant to play center. He hasn't been healthy, but he's definitely the expert at playing both positions.
3. Tim Duncan - His body of work comes into play, but he's transitioned nicely into a center as he's slowed down. And you still know he can turn it on in the playoffs.
4. Amare Stoudemire - He was a decent albeit non-defensive center in Phoenix. He was dominant in New York until Carmelo Anthony arrived. And he did it all after some killer knee surgeries. I think we're still to see a rebound from Stoudemire.
5. Serge Ibaka - He's smaller but the best defensive front court combo in the league. He can actually defend three positions decently and can block any player in the NBA, even if they can overpower him.

NYKnicksAllDay
09-20-2012, 01:42 AM
KG should be on the list.

naps
09-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Based off just last season I would take KG over anyone else. Tim Duncan for all-time.

NYKnicksAllDay
09-20-2012, 02:02 AM
I'd put Bosh over Amar'e and Ibaka, too.

jerellh528
09-20-2012, 02:04 AM
based off last season and the past few seasons it would be pau gasol..
all time duncan of course.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-20-2012, 02:08 AM
I would agree with KG except for the fact that he's only moved to C for last yr and parts of the yr before with Shaq and JO's injuries. He didn't do in long-term but rather towards the tail end of his career.

Lakersfan2483
09-20-2012, 02:10 AM
Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol, Tim Duncan, Amare, Dirk/Bosh

Mave1002
09-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Pau Gasol

Allllllllllllllll time.

naps
09-20-2012, 03:20 AM
Two traditional power forwards, I have always felt, play better when they are centers: Gasol and Amare.

Bulls_fan90
09-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Monroe should be on the list in a few years.

PurpleJesus
09-20-2012, 04:53 AM
Kevin Love, for current players.

Duncan all time.

Gram
09-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Monroe should be on the list in a few years.

Yes sir.

JNoel
09-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Nene Hilario

kdspurman
09-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol, Tim Duncan, Amare, Dirk/Bosh

You think those guys are in the same class as the first 3 when it comes to playing the 4 & the 5 spot effectively?

Raph12
09-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Duncan and Pau are the first names that come to mind... Man I'm excited to see the Dwight-Pau combo this season.

JordansBulls
10-06-2012, 02:00 PM
There are players who are strictly centers and can't shoot well enough to be power forwards. There are weaker power forwards who don't rebound or impose themselves in the post enough to be legitimate centers.
Then there are those players that can be successful in both positions. Who makes up your top-5 list of power forward/center combos?

1. Pau Gasol - We've seen him as a great center and a great power forward, and he has back-to-back championships to show for it.
2. Al Horford - This guy has been one of the best centers in the league, and he's not even really meant to play center. He hasn't been healthy, but he's definitely the expert at playing both positions.
3. Tim Duncan - His body of work comes into play, but he's transitioned nicely into a center as he's slowed down. And you still know he can turn it on in the playoffs.
4. Amare Stoudemire - He was a decent albeit non-defensive center in Phoenix. He was dominant in New York until Carmelo Anthony arrived. And he did it all after some killer knee surgeries. I think we're still to see a rebound from Stoudemire.
5. Serge Ibaka - He's smaller but the best defensive front court combo in the league. He can actually defend three positions decently and can block any player in the NBA, even if they can overpower him.

I would still put Duncan ahead of Horford.