PDA

View Full Version : How would the Monstars fare with modern NBA rules?

el hidalgo
09-20-2012, 01:06 AM
How do you think they would play with this age of soft defense, tacky fouls, and lebron crab dribbles? their tough and gritty style may not work as well

Buckwheat
09-20-2012, 01:12 AM
Cardigan sweaters.

topdog
09-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Chris Paul would flop his team to victory! Also, isn't Blake Griffin an actual Monstar?

(No hate, just jokes)

Cal827
09-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Would set the record for FG%. And Technical Fouls.

*Silver&Black*
09-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Flops would get them every time. NBA today fears what Jordan, Bill Murray and the Tunes had to go up against.

5ass
09-20-2012, 03:17 AM
their lack of outside shooting will hurt them.

Knicks21
09-20-2012, 03:18 AM
cant use roids.

toovey107
09-20-2012, 03:25 AM
I heard they are pretty rad at SlamBall

*Silver&Black*
09-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Marvin the Martian as the ref didn't have money on the game either back then so......

Huntey
09-20-2012, 04:46 AM
They broke most of the rules anyway so I don't think it would matter...

Davidgta1
09-20-2012, 05:36 AM
they broke most of the rules anyway so i don't think it would matter...

+1

Heatcheck
09-20-2012, 10:03 AM
I understand the thread is a joke, but that movie was so awful, just so terrible in almost every way.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2012, 10:08 AM
There isn't a place for the Anthony Masons, Charles Oakley's, and Rick Mahorn's in todays sissy NBA. I also think there are some stars now that wouldn't have thrived as much back in the day.

TheIlladelph16
09-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Well they would all be tossed out in the 1st quarter... They literally flattened Newman without a foul call. Lebron and Wade would eat these guys alive.

Also, with all the great big men from the 90's, why the hell was Shawn Bradley the guy they chose? I still blame that as the reason they lost with the old rules.

Heatcheck
09-20-2012, 10:20 AM
@hawk
There was never a place for them. This is a skill game, they were there to gain an advantage by getting rough, hurting people (even minor injuries can affect a game) and get people in foul trouble.

Im surprised people get mad at flopping and how it ruins the game, but feel this is REAL MAN basketball, when all it did was ruin the flow of the game.

You cant out play me, so your going to try to hurt me, or get me kicked out of the game to make it easier, and then beat your chest about how the best team won.

Da Knicks
09-20-2012, 10:30 AM
@hawk
There was never a place for them. This is a skill game, they were there to gain an advantage by getting rough, hurting people (even minor injuries can affect a game) and get people in foul trouble.

Im surprised people get mad at flopping and how it ruins the game, but feel this is REAL MAN basketball, when all it did was ruin the flow of the game.

You cant out play me, so your going to try to hurt me, or get me kicked out of the game to make it easier, and then beat your chest about how the best team won.

lol yeah flopping is real basketball...:facepalm:

Pierzynski4Prez
09-20-2012, 10:30 AM
I remember back then, Bill Murray was actually trying to work out for an NBA team. He would have never made it obviously, but it would have been awesome if a team signed him to a 10 day contract and let him practice or even get in a game.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-20-2012, 10:32 AM

Seriously. Apparently you are only allowed in the NBA by pure skill. No huscle, heart, intangibles allowed.

Heatcheck
09-20-2012, 10:39 AM

Really buddy? you want to facepalm so bad that you dont even bother to comprehend what i wrote. in what part did i defend flopping? or call it real basketball? my point was all this hacking had as negative an effect on the game as flopping.

But apparently, anything physical or violent in nature is ok because that what being manly is.

Heatcheck
09-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Seriously. Apparently you are only allowed in the NBA by pure skill. No huscle, heart, intangibles allowed.

of course. you can, you HAVE to have hustle and intangibles. Just dont have your 9th man come out and start slapping people across the face, raking eyes, and clothes line people and tell me he's "hustling". No, your getting balled on and cant stop it, so your resorting to this crap to gain an advantage.

DoMeFavors
09-20-2012, 10:42 AM
They would be kicked out of every game and suspended the rest of the season....they couldnt shoot and could just dunk.

MJ beat them all by himself and a bunch of 4 foot animals...NBA team would blow them out.