PDA

View Full Version : Other Than KD, who can lead the league in Scoring

Dade County
09-19-2012, 06:33 PM
We all know that KD is a scoring machine, but what if he did't win it this upcoming season, who else has a shot?

PC
09-19-2012, 06:36 PM
LeBron first comes to mind

seikou8
09-19-2012, 06:37 PM
melo;)

koreancabbage
09-19-2012, 06:39 PM
^ Lebron won't b/c he's a team guy- he'll pass up that shot to a teammate for a better percentage shot - even though he could make the initial shot attempt if he tried.

Melo comes to mind- easy stuff for him to do.

Dirk not anymore - just looks like he doesn't have it in him to score close to 30 points a night- championship hangover still lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Melo, Monta Ellis and my longshot nominee......Andrew Bynum.

Avenged
09-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Kobe, Bron, Melo.

Dade County
09-19-2012, 06:41 PM
I say Beasley...

He will be the go to guy and take his offensive game to the NEXT level!

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-19-2012, 06:41 PM
^ Lebron won't b/c he's a team guy- he'll pass up that shot to a teammate for a better percentage shot - even though he could make the initial shot attempt if he tried.

Dirk not anymore - just looks like he doesn't have it in him to score close to 30 points a night- championship hangover still lol

So you're insinuating that a guy like KD is not a team player because he wins scoring titles?

The reason why LeBron won't lead the league in scoring is because KD has something that Bron doesn't have. That 1 weekness in Bron's game. The midrange jumpshot.

seikou8
09-19-2012, 06:43 PM
So you're insinuating that a guy like KD is not a team player because he wins scoring titles?

The reason why LeBron won't lead the league in scoring is because KD has something that Bron doesn't have. That 1 weekness in Bron's game. The midrange jumpshot.

good point for once

PC
09-19-2012, 06:43 PM

Eh, he was <1 ppg shy of Durant last season and he's won the scoring title in the past. Plus, Wade's getting older so if he loses a step or two LeBron would need to step it up a bit

Jesse2272
09-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Melo/Monta

LBJ came to mind as well but a big part of his game is creating for others, maybe if wade was lost for a season bc injury

bucketss
09-19-2012, 06:44 PM

you mean the long range jumpshot because lebron midrange is one of the best in the league.

Swashcuff
09-19-2012, 06:45 PM

So its easy stuff for Melo a player who has never won a scoring title but LeBron already has one, finished top 3 7 times and averaged over 30 ppg on 2 separate occasions and he won't? :confused:

Melo has never averaged 30 ppg and has finished top 3 in scoring just 3 times. Saying its easy stuff for Melo to do really isn't factual. He's one of the most inconsistent scorers in the game and on more occasions than not in order to win a scoring title you'd have to be extremely consistent.

Swashcuff
09-19-2012, 06:47 PM

And yet still LeBron has a better mid range game than Melo. That's one strong weakness to have isn't it.

koreancabbage
09-19-2012, 06:51 PM

There's a reason why Lebron is the undisputed best player on the planet- same or even better than Jordon in certain aspects of the game cuz of his dominant all-round game and physique and his ability to make players better. the post was other than KD.

Lebron can lead the league in scoring like he did in 2008 - will he again? - probably not. He doesn't need to have a consistent jumpshot- he'll make his fair share but its about driving and not settling for the jumpshot time and time again. He doesn't need an amazing jump shot when he can go and over power most opponents.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-19-2012, 06:53 PM
And yet still LeBron has a better mid range game than Melo. That's one strong weakness to have isn't it.

I feel that Melo has a better mid range game than LeBron. LeBron does his damage on fast breaks, getting to the rim and that really nice post game of his that he's been working on over the last 2-3 yrs.

But I wouldn't call his midrange game like out of this world. That's something he either has to improve upon or just be very selective. I mean, he really doesn't have many weaknesses to his game, which makes him the best player in the league. But I'd like to see his midrange jumpshot improve and see more of the games he had in game 6 against Boston.

kingbrentg
09-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Goran Dragic

Swashcuff
09-19-2012, 06:57 PM
There's a reason why Lebron is the undisputed best player on the planet- same or even better than Jordon in certain aspects of the game cuz of his dominant all-round game and physique and his ability to make players better. the post was other than KD.

Lebron can lead the league in scoring like he did in 2008 - will he again? - probably not. He doesn't need to have a consistent jumpshot- he'll make his fair share but its about driving and not settling for the jumpshot time and time again. He doesn't need an amazing jump shot when he can go and over power most opponents.

Can you name some players that you think as have "consistent jump shots"?

Also since LeBron now has a somewhat refined back to the basket game he's an even more rounded offensive player than he was back when he was averaging 30+ a game.

Ill21
09-19-2012, 07:01 PM
If LBJ was by him self it would be him, but Melo is clearly the number one option on the Knicks.

EDUTEXANS
09-19-2012, 07:04 PM
LeBron, then Melo, then Kobe, then Love. Wade and maybe Westbrook could, but they won't playing with LeBron and Durant.

edit: And lol at some options. Beasley and Crawford? Really? You could have put Aldridge (7th last season) and Griffin (10th) instead.

Swashcuff
09-19-2012, 07:05 PM
I feel that Melo has a better mid range game than LeBron. LeBron does his damage on fast breaks, getting to the rim and that really nice post game of his that he's been working on over the last 2-3 yrs.

But I wouldn't call his midrange game like out of this world. That's something he either has to improve upon or just be very selective. I mean, he really doesn't have many weaknesses to his game, which makes him the best player in the league. But I'd like to see his midrange jumpshot improve and see more of the games he had in game 6 against Boston.

Have you watch LeBron play for say the last 3-4 or so seasons? He has been MUCH more selective on his jumpshots. You must have forgotten that for the first half of last season LeBron averaged 41% from the 3. That was a direct result of him picking his spots more wisely.

You speak of LeBron like you don't watch him play on a regular basis. No one said his mid range game was out of this world but even when he was more limited offensively he averaged more PPG than Durant ever has in a single season in his career. The reason he won't average more than KD is because 1. he's more passive and 2. plays alongside two player who have already averaged 20 per in their carer and can still do so to this day. Why burn yourself out when you have the help?

xILLN355
09-19-2012, 07:10 PM
picked beasley for the lulz

bucketss
09-19-2012, 07:10 PM
funny people acting like lebron can't win a scoring title when he was less than 1 point away from it last year

bucketss
09-19-2012, 07:11 PM
If LBJ was by him self it would be him, but Melo is clearly the number one option on the Knicks.

melo had even less talent around him last year and he still couldn't come remotely close.

*Silver&Black*
09-19-2012, 07:17 PM
John Jenkins

greg_ory_2005
09-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Brawnnn

abe_froman
09-19-2012, 07:20 PM

yet lebron still had a higher ppg by about 4.5 over melo

hate the guy sure,but he still was with 1 ppg from having that title last year

as for the question-most of the usual suspects could;bron,melo,wade,kobe,monta,love....but still think it will stay kd's crown

SirSkyHook
09-19-2012, 07:24 PM
So its easy stuff for Melo a player who has never won a scoring title but LeBron already has one, finished top 3 7 times and averaged over 30 ppg on 2 separate occasions and he won't? :confused:

Melo has never averaged 30 ppg and has finished top 3 in scoring just 3 times. Saying its easy stuff for Melo to do really isn't factual. He's one of the most inconsistent scorers in the game and on more occasions than not in order to win a scoring title you'd have to be extremely consistent.

I dont remember Lebron ever winning a scoring title, when did this happen? :confused:

t_money25
09-19-2012, 07:25 PM

Exactly

Hawkeye15
09-19-2012, 07:26 PM

Do you realize LeBron had a better midrange game than Kobe, Joe Johnson, Melo, and many other guys considered awesome from there?

Hawkeye15
09-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Interesting how Love is being ignored, when he was 2 points per game off the lead last year...

koreancabbage
09-19-2012, 07:30 PM

the question is who can lead the league in scoring. I'm saying Melo can...nothing wrong with that.

Lebron probably won't lead the league in scoring again unless one of the big three are out for a majority of the season.

Swashcuff
09-19-2012, 07:32 PM
I dont remember Lebron ever winning a scoring title, when did this happen? :confused:

You sure aren't living up to your name bro. 07-08

--23--
09-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Melo or Kobe

Swashcuff
09-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Interesting how Love is being ignored, when he was 2 points per game off the lead last year...

And he's on a team and a system built to suit him. After LeBron he is IMO the most logical choice here. He has improved every aspect of his game every season he's been in the league. He certainly has the talent to do it.

Hawkeye15
09-19-2012, 07:37 PM
And he's on a team and a system built to suit him. After LeBron he is IMO the most logical choice here. He has improved every aspect of his game every season he's been in the league. He certainly has the talent to do it.

He showed the go to scorer, this is my ****ing team mentality last year, so I expect him to hover around 23 a game, with his 15 games of going totally off (38-50 point range), which will raise his average to around 25-27. He can score from anywhere, the only one stealing looks would be Roy, who is still a question mark.

bucketss
09-19-2012, 07:54 PM
i find it so dumb people act like lebron cant considering the op said to take durant out of the equation now his only competition would be an aging kobe who just upgraded his team plus lebron only averaged .8 less points.

IndyRealist
09-19-2012, 07:56 PM
He showed the go to scorer, this is my ****ing team mentality last year, so I expect him to hover around 23 a game, with his 15 games of going totally off (38-50 point range), which will raise his average to around 25-27. He can score from anywhere, the only one stealing looks would be Roy, who is still a question mark.

I think between his own development and Rubio getting him easy buckets, Love's the best choice on that list aside from Durant. Lebron's probably hit his peak and he's better when he doesn't take all the shots. Kobe's declining and on a team loaded with shot takers. Who else has the ability plus a team built around him taking all the shots? Kyrie Irving maybe? I'd say Derrick Rose if he wasn't starting out injured.

SirSkyHook
09-19-2012, 07:56 PM
You sure aren't living up to your name bro. 07-08

you care to explain. Me forgetting about that kids scoring title is cause for disrespect? You may want to get a life beyond your keyboard.

Hawkeye15
09-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I think between his own development and Rubio getting him easy buckets, Love's the best choice on that list aside from Durant. Lebron's probably hit his peak and he's better when he doesn't take all the shots. Kobe's declining and on a team loaded with shot takers. Who else has the ability plus a team built around him taking all the shots? Kyrie Irving maybe? I'd say Derrick Rose if he wasn't starting out injured.

I agree, which is why I brought him up. The Wolves have more talent, for sure. But Roy will probably not sniff 32 mpg, Kirilenko has never been a player that the offense goes thru, Rubio can't score at all, Pekovic is really good, but not a shot creator. It's Love's team. Its his offense. He will get 20 shots a night, and is one of the best in the league at drawing fouls, and hitting 3's, meaning his Points Per Shot will still be above 1.2, so he will get 20 looks a night, and score 25+ easy.

I still think Melo and Durant are going to lead the league in scoring this year, not in any particular order. For some reason, I smell a great year from Melo coming up. Not sure why.

Swashcuff
09-19-2012, 08:06 PM
you care to explain. Me forgetting about that kids scoring title is cause for disrespect? You may want to get a life beyond your keyboard.

SirSkyHook is a name that one would attribute to a poster who knows his history. I don't have a life beyond this keyboard if I move from here I'll die.

Tumstock
09-19-2012, 08:15 PM

Indeed!
But I have a feeling Williams will step up his game this year, which might hurt Love's numbers a little bit.

PleaseBeNice
09-19-2012, 08:25 PM
LeBron easily. But he wont. He likes to play facilitator and do other things rather than focus on scoring.

JNoel
09-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Love, Kobe, Melo, Lebron,

tredigs
09-19-2012, 09:12 PM
I'd say Blake Griffin is a better dark-horse option than 90% of this list. He's already put up 20+ his first two seasons and and is entering his 3rd season, which is most often the year we see superstars fully emerge.

Depending on games played and his recovery, Rose is the other one not being discussed who could be right there.

Jamal Crawford? huh?

And yes, LEBRON JAMES MID RANGE JUMP SHOT IS ELITE. It is in the 98th percentile in the league. Obviously he has the best chance to challenge if he chooses to go for it.

All that said, KD is is your 2013 scoring champion. I think he wins 8 of the next 10.

JordansBulls
09-19-2012, 09:27 PM
I think Kevin Love can. Melo is a dark horse. I don't think Lebron nor Wade will they have more talent this year.

Baller1
09-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Lebron.

Dade County
09-19-2012, 10:34 PM
LeBron, then Melo, then Kobe, then Love. Wade and maybe Westbrook could, but they won't playing with LeBron and Durant.

edit: And lol at some options. Beasley and Crawford? Really? You could have put Aldridge (7th last season) and Griffin (10th) instead.

I actually thought about Aldridge and I did place Blake name in their, but I quickly took his name out.

And Beasley with the suns is the go to guy... I believe that he could between 24 and 29pts a game... The boy has skills on the offensive side of the ball.

Crawford was maybe going to far, but you never know, Cp3 can make anyone look good.

Dade County
09-19-2012, 10:43 PM

If he was injured I would have placed him on the list/poll...

He is the primary scorer on the bulls.

jerellh528
09-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Do you realize LeBron had a better midrange game than Kobe, Joe Johnson, Melo, and many other guys considered awesome from there?

just curious, what do you mean by better midrange game?

jerellh528
09-19-2012, 10:59 PM

He only shot 1 or 2 % better than kobe did on one of kobes worst fg% years of his career, thats pitiful for a guy loves size.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-19-2012, 11:03 PM

Good points, I think a lot of us overlook that LeBron was a stud in scoring the basketball in his younger days in Cleveland.

I remember that in just his 3rd season, his career high of 31.4 PPG was overshadowed by Iverson's 33.0 and Kobe's 35.4. That was the most epic scoring season by 3 superstars in the history of the NBA.

Just those individuals performances by Bron, Kobe and Iverson. Don't know if we'll ever see anything like that replicated.

tredigs
09-19-2012, 11:04 PM
He only shot 1 or 2 % better than kobe did on one of kobes worst fg% years of his career, thats pitiful for a guy loves size.

Difference being that Love drains 3's while kobe chucks 'em. Love's TS% was 40 points higher than Kobe. Lowest FG% of Love's career too btw.

And none of that changes Hawk's point that Love is indeed a threat to win a scoring title any given year at this point.

Good points, I think a lot of us overlook that LeBron was a stud in scoring the basketball in his younger days in Cleveland.

I remember that in just his 3rd season, his career high of 31.4 PPG was overshadowed by Iverson's 33.0 and Kobe's 35.4. That was the most epic scoring season by 3 superstars in the history of the NBA.

Just those individuals performances by Bron, Kobe and Iverson. Don't know if we'll ever see anything like that replicated.

Was? Just because he shoots a bit less does not change his dominance in scoring. It's him, KD, then the rest. Their efficiency/volume is off the charts.

NYKnicks4511
09-19-2012, 11:12 PM

Depends what you classify as mid-range. Off the dribble and between the three point line and the charity stripe, maybe, it's debatable. However, on the elbow Melo's deadly, and I don't think LeBron's post game is as good as Melo's.

jerellh528
09-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Difference being that Love drains 3's while kobe chucks 'em. Love's TS% was 40 points higher than Kobe. Lowest FG% of Love's career too btw.

And none of that changes Hawk's point that Love is indeed a threat to win a scoring title any given year at this point.

Was? Just because he shoots a bit less does not change his dominance in scoring. It's him, KD, then the rest. Their efficiency/volume is off the charts.

you mean .040 higher, not even 1 point higher...i admit kobe was chucking up the 3's this year...still loves fg% is terrible for a 7 footer, dirks is higher and he drains mad threes.. lol, but anyways im off topic..he does have the ability to be the scoring leader..I would say melo will though, even over durant this year.

ThornMo
09-19-2012, 11:16 PM
where's steph curry on this poll?

tredigs
09-19-2012, 11:36 PM
you mean .040 higher, not even 1 point higher...i admit kobe was chucking up the 3's this year...still loves fg% is terrible for a 7 footer, dirks is higher and he drains mad threes.. lol, but anyways im off topic..he does have the ability to be the scoring leader..I would say melo will though, even over durant this year.

Thanks for clarifying that, I'm sure that confused... well, nobody.

Dirk's one of the most efficient volume scorers of all time. Might be a lofty example? I'd agree you want K Love's FG% higher, but it's not as important as TS%, which Love was still above average at. By the way, Love a 7 footer? Kevin Love? Not even close. He's shorter than Blake Griffin, who's 6'10".

jerellh528
09-19-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, I'm sure that confused... well, nobody.

Dirk's one of the most efficient volume scorers of all time. Might be a lofty example? I'd agree you want K Love's FG% higher, but it's not as important as TS%, which Love was still above average at. By the way, Love a 7 footer? Kevin Love? Not even close. He's shorter than Blake Griffin, who's 6'10".

for real? haha dude always seemed taller to me, I thought for sure around 610 ish to 7 ft

Dade County
09-19-2012, 11:45 PM
where's steph curry on this poll?

what had happen...was :(

I didn't see him coming into this year with a scorers mentality; he has a new center that he is going to want to keep happy...etc

bucketss
09-19-2012, 11:46 PM
lol imagine if klove was a 7footer. best player in the league

tredigs
09-19-2012, 11:53 PM
for real? haha dude always seemed taller to me, I thought for sure around 610 ish to 7 ft

He measured 6' 9.5" in shoes coming into the league. So unless he's one of the 1% of people who grew another inch once he was 20, he's still in the 6'7" - 6'8" range without shoes. He's listed at 6'10" which is just the same joke pretty much all players but Kevin Durant play. Derrick Rose is 6'2.5" in shoes but I see him listed 6'3"-6'4" all over. Most of them have the exaggerated number.

iliketurtles24
09-19-2012, 11:58 PM
i said love

Showtime Steve
09-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Westbrook.

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Kobe Lebron and melo

naps
09-20-2012, 01:48 AM
It's absolutely LeBron if he wants to to go for it. But we all know he probably won't. He focuses on facilitating more than scoring.

KD is going to win it again and he's the fav to win it for years to come. My darkhorse pick is Kevin Love.

UPRock
09-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Carmelo and LeBron, that's it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Westbrook.

Uh-oh, Carlton and Will moment between Russy and KD! :laugh2:

Showtime Steve
09-20-2012, 02:18 AM
Westbrook.

Uh-oh, Carlton and Will moment between Russy and KD! :laugh2:

Ha ha ha. I think westy's shot count goes up this year. Not necessarily better shots, but more.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-20-2012, 02:19 AM
But you know who I really want to see lead the league in scoring?

The guy who basically has all young players on his team, got a bloated matched restricted contract by NOLA via PHX, and was traded for CP3, and I think if he puts his mind to it, he can get that scoring title...

Eric Gordon!

naps
09-20-2012, 02:56 AM
Is there any limit that a player has to play "X" number of matches in order to be considered a scoring title champion? For example, let's say player "A" avg 30 ppg over 5 matches, then gets injured and loses the rest of the season. And player "B" plays all 82 games with an scoring avg of let's say 29 a game. Who gets it? Eric Gordon makes me think of this.

basketfan4life
09-20-2012, 03:04 AM

I don't think it's better, i think he chooses his shots better, give them the same midrange shots, Melo would make more, but obviously LeBron is a better decision maker so...

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-20-2012, 03:29 AM
Is there any limit that a player has to play "X" number of matches in order to be considered a scoring title champion? For example, let's say player "A" avg 30 ppg over 5 matches, then gets injured and loses the rest of the season. And player "B" plays all 82 games with an scoring avg of let's say 29 a game. Who gets it? Eric Gordon makes me think of this.

Player must have played atleast 70 of the 82 games of the regular season OR have scored atleast 1400 pts for the season to qualify in the running.

naps
09-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Player must have played atleast 70 of the 82 games of the regular season OR have scored atleast 1400 pts for the season to qualify in the running.

Thanks for the clarification :up:

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the clarification :up:

You're Welcome. ;)

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-20-2012, 03:47 AM
I really think this Kobephile, Kobephobe stuff has gotten really outta hand.

I've had some of my worst posts and replies because of it. :laugh2:

I implore you guys, stop fussing over little things. It is what it is. Some will like Kobe, and some won't. Some will like LeBron, and some won't.

That's life, and that's sports.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-20-2012, 03:54 AM
Btw, by no means does this mean that I am going to stop talking trash to Heat fans.

I'm just going to go about it in a more sophisticated and rational way. ;)

Run&Gun
09-20-2012, 04:36 AM
I'd say Blake Griffin is a better dark-horse option than 90% of this list. He's already put up 20+ his first two seasons and and is entering his 3rd season, which is most often the year we see superstars fully emerge.

Depending on games played and his recovery, Rose is the other one not being discussed who could be right there.

Jamal Crawford? huh?

And yes, LEBRON JAMES MID RANGE JUMP SHOT IS ELITE. It is in the 98th percentile in the league. Obviously he has the best chance to challenge if he chooses to go for it.

All that said, KD is is your 2013 scoring champion. I think he wins 8 of the next 10.

I don't think Blake Griffin will be able to get the title for at least another season or so till he either expands his jumpshot or becomes elite in the post. I'm sure he can increase his ppg without it but to lead the league in scoring he'll have to do one or both of the aforementioned skills.

Melo always has a chance, but Lebron really is the next obvious choice. Prob. a sleeper pick of Rose, Westbrook or Kevin Love. Also for the record I think Lebron's midrange from 15 feet in and three point shot are elite or close to it. But between 16 ft and three point line he can be inconsistent and is more of a streak jumpshooter from that area.

PurpleJesus
09-20-2012, 04:43 AM
lol, 2 votes for Beasley...do those 2 people realize he is up against the likes of LBJ, Kobe, Melo and many others who are more likely to get it than him in this vote?

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-20-2012, 09:39 AM
hmm, maybe lebron, but with healthy wade, i see its durant's to lose..

all others arent consistent..
Kobe might, since he loves chucking,

time will tell i guess.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2012, 09:49 AM
just curious, what do you mean by better midrange game?

LeBron and Kobe comparable from 16-23 feet, LeBron much better 10-15. LeBron and JJ comparable from 16-23, LeBron slightly better 10-15. Same the year prior.

Love: TS%: 56.8
Kobe: TS%: 52.7

Love was more efficient. Why? Well, he actually hits his threes at a nice rate, and was 2nd in the NBA in foul shot attempts.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2012, 09:55 AM

Seen Love up close. He is 6'8" or so.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Blake Griffin is a good call, didn't even think of him.

Swashcuff
09-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Depends what you classify as mid-range. Off the dribble and between the three point line and the charity stripe, maybe, it's debatable.

Yea we can have that debate if you so like.

However, on the elbow Melo's deadly,

And LeBron's even deadlier. This (http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/player/shotchart/837-LeBron-James/season/2011-2012-REG) is LeBron and this (http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/player/shotchart/919-Carmelo-Anthony/season/2011-2012-REG) is Melo.

LeBron shot a higher % from the elbow the, top of the key, the corner. LeBron flat out plain and simple shot better than Carmelo Anthony last season.

and I don't think LeBron's post game is as good as Melo's.

I disagree. LeBron scores more points at a higher rate and more efficiently in the post that Melo. He knows how to use his size quickness and strength to his advantage when he gets into the post (low, high or mid really doesn't matter) better than Melo IMO. If you look at the same charts I just posted you'd see how much and how well LeBron scores in the post. You can even go back 2 seasons ago if you think it is unfair to compare LeBron to Melo last season.

LeBron flat out is the better player and his much improved jumper and post game over the last 3-4 seasons has only compounded that even further on the offensive end.

Swashcuff
09-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Blake Griffin is a good call, didn't even think of him.

I love the Blake Griffin call personally. I believe that despite having a limited offensive game he can become a 25+ ppg scorer in the NBA so its scary to think what he can (and IMO will) become when he develops his offensive arsenal. Much like Love I think he'll also develop that **** you mentally when it comes to scoring knowing that night in night out he's the best scorer on the floor and can't be stopped by anyone.

NYKnickFanatic
09-20-2012, 11:47 AM
It could definitely be LBJ, but we all know he is not a selfish player and loves getting his teammates involved. Plus he has other people who can score.

With that said, Melo for me.

C_Mund
09-20-2012, 11:52 AM

I think what he's saying is that Melo's game is more conducive to pure scoring whereas a big part of Lebron's game is facilitating. Not saying Melo can't pass, but when he gets the ball it's usually for the purposes of scoring right away.
However I still think Lebron has one more gear and coming off his first 'chip I see him going super hard this year, I'll give it to LBJ

Swashcuff
09-20-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't think it's better, i think he chooses his shots better, give them the same midrange shots, Melo would make more, but obviously LeBron is a better decision maker so...

Tell me this 3 years ago and I'd agree not today. LeBron has vastly improved his mid range jumpshot.

Swashcuff
09-20-2012, 12:41 PM
I think what he's saying is that Melo's game is more conducive to pure scoring whereas a big part of Lebron's game is facilitating. Not saying Melo can't pass, but when he gets the ball it's usually for the purposes of scoring right away.
However I still think Lebron has one more gear and coming off his first 'chip I see him going super hard this year, I'll give it to LBJ

And despite that LeBron has still managed to be the better scorer.

charlies_angels
09-20-2012, 12:49 PM
When answering this question, Lebron was the first person to think of.

MrfadeawayJB
09-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Beasley could be a dark horse

Da Knicks
09-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Melo of course, the best offensive player in the league.

Hitman21
09-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Jamal crawford cant even lead his team in scoring.

JiffyMix88
09-20-2012, 01:16 PM
all of them could but who probably would because of how their team is built i think of Kevin Love off of this list

Stinkyoutsider
09-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I say Melo if he has a career year. If he can shoot over 50% and Amare is out, then I think Melo can do it.

I would have said Lebron, but it seems like Lebron is more interested in getting his teammates the ball and making everything easier for them. Otherwise, I can see him winning the scoring title.

I think Durant makes guys around him a lot better too but I think Durant knows that he needs to score a lot of points every night for them to be a top team? Westbrook is inconsistent on some nights and even if Harden gets his, not many other players on the team will contribute enough. Can't rely on Perkins, Thabo, and others to put together what they need on a nightly basis so it's up to Durant.

Beasley is a sleeper pick. I think he'll be the number 1 option on his new team so I think if he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight, he'll get a lot of opportunities to be a good scorer, especially with getting to the foul line.

GrkGawdofWalkz
09-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Carmelo Anthony and Kobe Bryant were the guys next on the list in my opinion.

Fnom11
09-20-2012, 08:19 PM

Are you insinuating the Lebron can't lead the league in scoring because he doesn't have as good as a jump shot as KD? I love logic.

jerellh528
09-20-2012, 08:38 PM
LeBron and Kobe comparable from 16-23 feet, LeBron much better 10-15. LeBron and JJ comparable from 16-23, LeBron slightly better 10-15. Same the year prior.

Love: TS%: 56.8
Kobe: TS%: 52.7

Love was more efficient. Why? Well, he actually hits his threes at a nice rate, and was 2nd in the NBA in foul shot attempts.

Yea i still dont get what you mean by better game, like higher fg % or like more polished offensive arsenal? like what?

naps
09-21-2012, 02:24 AM
Are people seriously considering Beasley? I know he was a monster coming out of college but after watching him for last 4 years it sounds too far fetched.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2012, 03:08 AM
Yea i still dont get what you mean by better game, like higher fg % or like more polished offensive arsenal? like what?

I mean better scoring efficiency. The question of this thread is obvious. Kevin Love is a legit answer if we are talking about top 5 scorers.

Lakers4life08
09-21-2012, 03:53 AM
Monta Ellis,Deandre Jordan and maybe Gerald Wallace

Iron24th
09-21-2012, 03:56 AM
Kobe,Lebron,Melo

Iron24th
09-21-2012, 03:57 AM
Melo of course, the best offensive player in the league.

Homer?

SirSkyHook
09-24-2012, 03:55 AM
SirSkyHook is a name that one would attribute to a poster who knows his history. I don't have a life beyond this keyboard if I move from here I'll die.

Let me get this straight. Your on Lebrons jank sooo hard that if a poster for a second forgets he has a scoring tittle you feel the urge be disrespectfull ? lol lol lol GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT! lol lol I promise you theres better things in life than Lebron nutts I promise. Im embarrassed for you.

I actually like reading most of your posts. I'll let you'r recent lasp in judging me slip becuase of that.

jason6692
09-24-2012, 04:33 AM
oj mayo :]

SirSkyHook
09-24-2012, 04:48 AM
oj mayo :]

lol not playing with Dirk he wont lol

thenaj17
09-24-2012, 06:45 AM
I don't see any PG, PF or C winning it. No Laker or Heat player will do it as there are only so many touches to go around.

I say Melo as he has a pass first PG and will easily be the 1st scoring option on the team and won't contend so he can chuck away all he wants with no consequences

todu82
09-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Lebron James.

Dankster
09-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Carmelo Anthony and Lebron. James has averaged over 30 ppg for a few seasons, so it's pretty realistic to think he could take the mantle as far as scoring leader next year.

Even though statistically Melo has been a career 24-25 ppg guy, most Knick fans recognize the additive pressure on him for this upcoming year (pressure which I believe isn't merited/warranted,) there's a metaphorical bulls-eye on his back and I fully expect him to have his best season statistically next year. He's just entering his prime and looked like a monster for the last 8 weeks of the regular season last year and throughout the summer Olympics, so hopefully that carries over to the upcoming regular season.

kobemelo
09-24-2012, 11:22 AM

You do know that Lebron won a scoring title before right?

Tysons_Beard
09-24-2012, 11:27 AM
melo , lebron, k love, monta

but it will be melo

duh

WAYNEBO
09-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Honestly, I see Felton distributing the ball more evenly to STAT, Tyson, JR and Novak when they are in the game.

Kevin Love is my guess, outside of KD. A longshot would be Bynum.

Kobe2324
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Well a few players can win it if they really wanted too, Kobe could of won last year if he wanted too and could do the same this year and of course lebron could aslo win it if he wanted too but with that said I think KD will win it, miami and the lakers are really stacked now and the ball is gonna move a lot more and im sure most will drop a few points on avg.

Vinylman
09-24-2012, 02:44 PM
most players don't really care...

As for the poll...

This is another in a long line of poorly formed PSD polls. As a result, any response would be inaccurate

Hawkeye15
09-24-2012, 02:48 PM

As for the poll...

This is another in a long line of poorly formed PSD polls. As a result, any response would be inaccurate

really? So guessing Kobe, LeBron, Love, or maybe Melo could lead the league in scoring is inaccurate? How do you know? Seems to me those 4 players were all top scorers last season, and are all healthy.

NoahH
09-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Kevin Martin??? It isn't 2009 anymore. SMH

xxplayerxx23
09-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Bron. Melo won't. Amare needs to be more apart of the offense for the knicks to do anything. I think its Durant or Lebron this year.

jerellh528
09-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Realistically, it comes down to kobe, bron, melo or love if not durant. Thats about it.

JordansBulls
09-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Kevin Love can certainly do it as well. He is already a good shooter as well.

Dade County
09-25-2012, 02:57 AM

As for the poll...

smh... I guess anything that is a near what if question is just blasphemy to you.

And me placing multiple players in the poll probably made you sick to your stomach... I just should of placed 3 names up their right?

Ridicules.

Dade County
09-25-2012, 03:01 AM
Kevin Martin??? It isn't 2009 anymore. SMH

someone voted for him:D

JordansBulls
10-06-2012, 02:02 PM
This will be Melo's chance to break out into that top 5 group of players. If he doesn't this year he never will.

xxplayerxx23
10-06-2012, 02:04 PM
I don't see how?^ If he plays defense yes I thik there can be a shot at him being top 5 but I don't see him scoring more then KD/

P Harvy
10-06-2012, 02:07 PM
LeBron could average 40 a game if he wanted to

xxplayerxx23
10-06-2012, 02:10 PM
:eyebrow: I doubt he would average 40 a game.

Tha Truth
10-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Durant will lead the league in scoring again. The guy is a flat out scorer. If LeBron wants to he could battle him for it.

P Harvy
10-06-2012, 04:58 PM

If he wasn't a team player and his main goal was to average 40 points a game there's no doubt in my mind he could do it

Quinnsanity
10-06-2012, 05:00 PM
To those who said Kobe I say really? He's going to outscore Durant while sharing the ball with Dwight and Nash when he didn't last year?

Baller1
10-06-2012, 06:45 PM

Of course he won't, but he easily could. As could Durant.

b@llhog24
10-07-2012, 12:52 AM
JB voted for Dwight :laugh:

Swashcuff
10-07-2012, 01:06 AM

Well he is expected to have HCA throughout the playoffs :shrug:

b@llhog24
10-07-2012, 01:07 AM
Well he is expected to have HCA throughout the playoffs :shrug:

:clap:

LBJ6
10-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Lebron, has the highest scoring average among active players, including durant.

b@llhog24
10-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Lebron, has the highest scoring average among active players, including durant.

Durant is still the better scorer though.

MetroMan
10-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Didn't melo say he will sacrifice his points for the team?

LAKERMANIA
10-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Durant, Melo, Lebron and even though I don't think will happen anymore, Kobe.

tripleplay2007
10-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Melo sucks all of you bias New Yorkers should be ashamed.

JordansBulls
10-07-2012, 03:30 PM

Well that is mainly dependent on if he follows Shaq career path. Once Shaq went to LA he led the league in scoring as well. :D

MetroMan
10-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Kevin love

lakersiznumber1
10-07-2012, 05:29 PM
kobe he could of took it last year but he didn't want it he sat out last game

Hawkeye15
10-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Well that is mainly dependent on if he follows Shaq career path. Once Shaq went to LA he led the league in scoring as well. :D

Dwight will never get enough shot attempts to lead the league in scoring. Shouldn't he have competed for the scoring title in Orlando, when the entire offense was run through him? Besides, his poor free throw shooting will hurt him, unlike it hurt Shaq from scoring near 30.

Hawkeye15
10-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Woodson's slower style is not going to allow Melo to get at that 28-29 area, where you need to be to win the scoring title.

xxplayerxx23
10-07-2012, 09:50 PM
I think Woodson's offense (Iso ball) Actually gives Melo a shot, but like I have said I think its Durant or Lebron's Title.

goose14741
10-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Melo, kobe, thats it.

Darkhorse is bynum cuz he is the sixers whole offense right now, ball probably will touch him every posession he is in

Hawkeye15
10-07-2012, 10:07 PM
I think Woodson's offense (Iso ball) Actually gives Melo a shot, but like I have said I think its Durant or Lebron's Title.

Even in Denvers fast paced offense, playing over 38 mpg (something Woodson probably won't have him doing), he never averaged enough to lead the league in scoring. I just don't see it happening. Besides, Melo is a player you don't want leading the league in scoring if you are a fan of his team. His efficiency levels spell doom to his team at this point if he is scoring 30 a night, that means he is shooting away with no regard to his teammates.

Durant
Kobe
James (I think he gets more rest this year)
Love

Those are the top 4 for me.

Hawkeye15
10-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I still find it weird that Love is getting minimal mention here. He was #4 in the league last year, #5 being a big drop in Westbrook. Love will be a guy hovering around 25 easy for his prime, with a few breakout years.

xxplayerxx23
10-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Even in Denvers fast paced offense, playing over 38 mpg (something Woodson probably won't have him doing), he never averaged enough to lead the league in scoring. I just don't see it happening. Besides, Melo is a player you don't want leading the league in scoring if you are a fan of his team. His efficiency levels spell doom to his team at this point if he is scoring 30 a night, that means he is shooting away with no regard to his teammates.

Durant
Kobe
James (I think he gets more rest this year)
Love

Those are the top 4 for me.

I just think that Melo will get more shots in the woodson system. Believe me I agree with you 100 percent I don't want Melo winning the scoring title, that would mean Amare isn't doing his job or isn't getting enough touches. Idealy it would be Melo 24 Amare 22 but I doubt that happens Lol. I don't think Kobe is up there this year. Id have it Durant, Lebron,Love with nobody else in serious contention,

Hawkeye15
10-07-2012, 11:44 PM
I just think that Melo will get more shots in the woodson system. Believe me I agree with you 100 percent I don't want Melo winning the scoring title, that would mean Amare isn't doing his job or isn't getting enough touches. Idealy it would be Melo 24 Amare 22 but I doubt that happens Lol. I don't think Kobe is up there this year. Id have it Durant, Lebron,Love with nobody else in serious contention,

Until I see Kobe not throwing up 23 shots a night, I don't buy that he isn't contending for the scoring title. At this point, I do think he sees that scoring record in sight.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 05:47 PM
I still find it weird that Love is getting minimal mention here. He was #4 in the league last year, #5 being a big drop in Westbrook. Love will be a guy hovering around 25 easy for his prime, with a few breakout years.

I think he is the one guy who can be the scoring champion as all the other guys on the list who can score got more help in the offseason.

Blitzbolt
10-08-2012, 09:17 PM
clearly Kevin Love AKA statoosters.

Big stats No wins.

bucketss
10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Melo, kobe, thats it.

Darkhorse is bynum cuz he is the sixers whole offense right now, ball probably will touch him every posession he is in

:facepalm:

Legitimate
10-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Monta Ellis!!!!!!!!!

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Monta Ellis!!!!!!!!!

You think so?

Dade County
10-08-2012, 10:00 PM
I guess everyone but 4, thinks that basely can't cut it.

I see him doing big things this year, and the suns fans have something to cheer about.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Dwight will never get enough shot attempts to lead the league in scoring. Shouldn't he have competed for the scoring title in Orlando, when the entire offense was run through him? Besides, his poor free throw shooting will hurt him, unlike it hurt Shaq from scoring near 30.

Well didn't Shaq lead the league in scoring in LA even with a few more weapons?

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Well didn't Shaq lead the league in scoring in LA even with a few more weapons?

well Shaq is a FAR better player than Dwight.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 10:24 PM
well Shaq is a FAR better player than Dwight.

No argument here.

HotMayo
10-08-2012, 10:59 PM
royce white ;)

mrblisterdundee
10-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Here's Carmelo Anthony's specialized (and limited) skill set at best use - scoring.

Legitimate
10-09-2012, 06:30 PM
You think so?

Yes, call me crazy but I think he'll be top 3 scoring barring injuries.

JoeDirt05
10-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Damian lillard

JordansBulls
10-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Damian lillard

Who??

JordansBulls
11-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Need a new thread because James Harden is the answer here.

Dade County
11-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Need a new thread because James Harden is the answer here.

lol

You think he can keep this up the entire year.

Dade County
11-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Who??

I know you know him now

THE GIPPER
11-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Harden was the first guy to come to mind for me

lol, please
11-05-2012, 01:59 PM
We all know that KD is a scoring machine, but what if he did't win it this upcoming season, who else has a shot?

Monta Ellis

Stephen Curry.

Baller1
11-05-2012, 02:09 PM
lol

Not 35, but he can hover around 30 this season.

albertajaysfan
11-05-2012, 02:12 PM

Easy there tiger. Might want to check up on your history.

While I agree those were epic performances by those three that year you are exaggerating. There is at least one season that I would argue takes the cake.

1961-62 scoring leaders
Wilt 50.4....thats right 50 ****ing a game!
Walt Bellamy 31.6.....as a rookie!
Bob Petit 31.1
Jerry West 30.8
Oscar Robertson 30.8

mightybosstone
11-05-2012, 02:19 PM
lol

He just had easily the worst game of his early career with the Rockets and he STILL put up 24 points per game. Aside from Lin, the Rockets don't have a ton of scoring options on this team, so Harden is going to shoot probably 20 times a game. Based on his ridiculous efficiency, he's almost certainly going to finish top 5 in scoring barring a trade or one of the young guys stepping up and taking some of the scoring load.

JordansBulls
11-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I know you know him now

Yeah I do.

mightybosstone
11-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Monta Ellis

Stephen Curry.

Huh? Curry is not exactly a 25 ppg type guy and the most points Ellis ever averaged per game was 22.2 in 2010, but it took him 19.1 shots per game to get there. As inefficient as Ellis is, it would take him probably 22-23 shots per game to get into the 25-28 PPG discussion. No way does he lead the league in scoring.

JiffyMix88
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
should add hardin

torocan
11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Amazing what a week does.

It seems crazy that Harden isn't even on that list ... lol. After all, he's just a 6th man, right? :p