PDA

View Full Version : Pietrus Signing with NBA Team Soon?

Mave1002
09-18-2012, 11:47 AM
via Chris Haynes of Comcast SportsNet Northwest
September 18, 2012
http://www.hoopsworld.com/daily-nba-news/

Mickael Pietrus – one of the top NBA free agents remaining on the board – has been receiving an increased level of interest from teams as of late who are looking to add an experienced wing player to their roster.

According to a source close to the situation, suddenly, three NBA teams have shown major interest in the nine-year veteran and two of the teams seem very motivated to get a deal done.

According to the same source, Pietrus also has a strong overseas option on the table that contains an escape clause.

Pietrus, 30, had his right knee scoped in Boston this past summer to relieve him of the discomfort he felt during the 2011-12 season. That procedure was performed as a do-over to his first operation on the same knee a year earlier in France.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Please take the Vet min and come to the Lakers Airfrance.

My wishlist:

Barbosa and Either Pietrus or TMac

DH12
Pau
Artest
Kobe
Nash

Hill | Sacre
Jamison | Clark
Pietrus | EBanks
Barbosa | Meeks
Blake | Duhon

wordup45
09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I heard Pietrus was seeking more than the vets min, which is silly because that can be the difference between him playing for an LA or Milwaukee. He is #1 on my remaining FA wish list.

DoMeFavors
09-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Why didnt Boston just use their bird rights and resign him? that is more depth for them

Corey
09-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Why didnt Boston just use their bird rights and resign him? that is more depth for them

Probably because they dont have his bird rights.

He signed there as a free agent last season. His bird clock reset.

dc5jdm
09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know what teams are interested?

Mave1002
09-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know what teams are interested?

My fingers are crossed. But with Mitch pulling the strings, youll never know. ;)

Free-agent profile: Mickael Pietrus
July 31, 2012|By Mark Medina
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/31/sports/la-sp-ln-la-free-agent-profile-mickael-pietrus-20120731

Positives:
The Lakers have enough spots at small forward, but they could easily switch Pietrus over to shooting guard and reap similar rewards. His length, footwork and athleticism would give the Lakers a much-needed defensive presence to their backup shooting guard position. Even though his 6.9 points on 38.4% shooting last season with Boston approached career-lows, part of that could be attributed to being relegated to a diminished spot on the depth chart with limited looks offensively.

It's possible that wouldn't happen as much with the Lakers, who are in dire need of outside shooting. Despite Pietrus' inconsistency in 2011-12, he still managed to crack double figures in 11 games. Besides, the main concern in the Lakers finding a backup shooting guard involves the need to lower Kobe Bryant's minutes. Considering Pietrus has averaged 21.5 minutes both as a starter and reserve, he seems more than capable of fulfilling that need.

Negatives:
It's possible Pietrus' shooting woes will persist. He needed 6.4 shots per game last season to average 6.9 points. Pietrus is prone to having questionable shot selection. He also built a bad reputation for playing selfishly, both by not passing the ball and not putting forth enough effort on defense.

There are also concerns involving persistent knee injuries. With how much the Lakers' success rests on staying healthy, this is hardly a good investment.

Verdict:
Pietrus has plenty of flaws, but so does everyone left on the market. He still can improve the Lakers' outside shooting and backcourt defense, even if it's just relative. But this might be unrealistic. Pietrus' agent, Bill McCandless, told WEEI.com that Pietrus "will not play for the veteran's minimum, period." So that pretty much pours cold water on hope Pietrus would come to the Lakers on the cheap. Still, that doesn't completely erase the possibility. If Pietrus doesn't field the NBA or overseas offer he feels he deserves, he may have no other choice. Should that situation arise, the Lakers should sign him.

dc5jdm
09-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Mave1002 where do u find all this good stuff?

Mave1002
09-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Mave1002 where do u find all this good stuff?

Perks of being a Lakers fan. ;)

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Mmm knee issues? That's maybe why the Lakers haven't signed him yet. I doubt he's in a Laker uniform. With so many old players and injury concerns on our current roster, no room for 1 more. Would rather give that last spot to Barbosa or just stick with what we have with Ebanks and Clark as our backup 3's.

YoungOne
09-18-2012, 02:36 PM
if he signs for the veteran minimun he will re-sign with us..

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Probably because they dont have his bird rights.

He signed there as a free agent last season. His bird clock reset.

That and I'm pretty sure they're right at the hard cap.

ChongInc.
09-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Could have used him on the raptors.

asandhu23
09-18-2012, 05:42 PM
prob Warriors. Pietrus knows people here.

KmB728
09-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Miss him already :sigh:

ACanadian
09-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Raptors

JasonJohnHorn
09-18-2012, 06:23 PM
If I was Pietrus, or TMac or Barbosa, and the vet min was all that was on the table for me, there is know doubt in my mind that I would make every effort to suit up with the Lakers next season.

UPRock
09-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Now everyone wants the Lakers? Please stop making speculations and go with the truth, and the truth is that we don't know where he's going. Not mad or anything, I'm just tired of opening threads about free agents and each time their opener is a Lakers fan with speculations.