PDA

View Full Version : Would this starting five win the Title?

IKnowHoops
09-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Prime-

PG David Robinson
SG Hakeem Olajuwan
SF Alonzo Morning
PF Patric Ewing
C Shaq

Compile there bench of the worst Centers in NBA history

does this team win the ring this year?

Raps18-19 Champ
09-17-2012, 09:55 PM
:laugh2:

At least put Hakeem at PG.

RealLiveBear
09-17-2012, 09:56 PM
I don't know if they'd get past half court on a press.

netsgiantsyanks
09-17-2012, 09:57 PM
put magic at pg and you might get somewhere

sventhedog
09-17-2012, 10:08 PM
they'll lead the league in blocks and turnovers.

Swashcuff
09-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Just give the ball to the big man.

And yes. You can't team height that team will OWN the interior on both ends of the floor.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-17-2012, 10:18 PM
lol no. how would they defend a 3 point shooting team, im curious. especially with their bench lol

nickdymez
09-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Cmon man!!

Cracka2HI!
09-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Atleast make it a team of all PF's.

greg_ory_2005
09-17-2012, 11:00 PM
The OP's name is a bit questionable.

Cal827
09-17-2012, 11:01 PM
:laugh: Be Hilarious to see them tormented by the regular Pgs on the full court press.

Six-8-TheWizard
09-17-2012, 11:07 PM
The OP's name is a bit questionable.

Dade County
09-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Prime-

PG David Robinson
SG Hakeem Olajuwan
SF Alonzo Morning
PF Patric Ewing
C Shaq

This is amazing .... :clap:

Someone said it already, you should of made a team of Pf's or Sf's

Swashcuff
09-17-2012, 11:08 PM
:laugh: Be Hilarious to see them tormented by the regular Pgs on the full court press.

The just gotta keep there hands high and never bounce the ball. It's really easy its like playing keepaway. They beat every team before the 4th is even finished because all Shaq does is keeps getting to the line and has his guys grabbing offensive rebounds after his missed free throws.

Dr Seuss
09-17-2012, 11:09 PM
on the full court press just keep your hands high, no need to dribble just pass to the sky, and when an opponent starts to score without missing, bring out andrew bynum to elbow that midget

MrfadeawayJB
09-17-2012, 11:12 PM
how did you even think up this scenario?

greg_ory_2005
09-17-2012, 11:14 PM
on the full court press just keep your hands high, no need to dribble just pass to the sky, and when an opponent starts to score without missing, bring out andrew bynum to elbow that midget

Encore encore :clap:

Dr Seuss
09-17-2012, 11:17 PM
how did you even think up this scenario?

to get this scenario is easy as pie, just smoke up some chronic and get real high, it's a post that's creative, creative this is, creator should pride this creation exists

JJ_JKidd
09-17-2012, 11:37 PM
Prime-

PG David Robinson
SG Hakeem Olajuwan
SF Alonzo Morning
PF Patric Ewing
C Shaq

What in da world iz going on? :facepalm:

LBJ6
09-18-2012, 12:07 AM
No, compile SF rather.

likemystylez
09-18-2012, 12:48 AM
not a chance. anyone whos played organized ball could tell you... if you play a team of big guys vs a team of guards.... the guards win every time. Generally speaking- guards are more complete players... please dont list the very few exceptions throughout history

Iron24th
09-18-2012, 03:38 AM
I don't know if they'd get past half court on a press.

They'll have to never dribble, and keep their arms up.

Baller1
09-18-2012, 03:39 AM
Yes, they would easily win a championship.

Voodoo Alchemy
09-18-2012, 03:50 AM
they'll lead the league in blocks and turnovers.

and 3 seconds in the lane

mikekhelxD
09-18-2012, 03:53 AM
It will be a 3v5 in offense with the other 2 staying behind. They will then just keep on rotating.

naps
09-18-2012, 04:01 AM
WTF is this? Who is bringing the ball up? Who is running the offense? Who is hitting shots from outside? I am not gonna even ask who is guarding the opposing quick guards and shooters. SMH..

OKC
09-18-2012, 04:56 AM
WTF is this? Who is bringing the ball up? Who is running the offense? Who is hitting shots from outside? I am not gonna even ask who is guarding the opposing quick guards and shooters. SMH..

as far as hitting shots from outside, bring bynum.

kdspurman
09-18-2012, 09:25 AM
If D-Rob could run the fast break like he used to it might be interesting to watch lol. Guy was quick as hell for his height.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVqpXl3M18

theheatles
09-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Shawn Bradley and Gheorghe Muresan off the bench?

Heediot
09-18-2012, 10:42 AM
lol no. how would they defend a 3 point shooting team, im curious. especially with their bench lol

Hakeem and Admiral were both mobile and agile. They'd be able to defend the three. Their length also makes up for some loss speed. IT's defending players off the dribble that would be harder.

Heediot
09-18-2012, 10:45 AM
not a chance. anyone whos played organized ball could tell you... if you play a team of big guys vs a team of guards.... the guards win every time. Generally speaking- guards are more complete players... please dont list the very few exceptions throughout history

Maybe from age 24 and lower. When star bigs hit their primes which tend to be later than the other positions, they will be more dominant.

From 24-32 I think the 5 position has an advantage.

Bob_at_york
09-18-2012, 10:48 AM
I would be worried about them getting hacked and fouled. And yes, I know some of them were alright free throw shooters.

nickdymez
09-18-2012, 11:34 AM

hahahahahhaha. Yess!!!!!

nickdymez
09-18-2012, 11:35 AM
to get this scenario is easy as pie, just smoke up some chronic and get real high, it's a post that's creative, creative this is, creator should pride this creation exists

lmfao! This guy is from whoville!!

lvlheaded
09-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Give them a PG instead of one of the Centers and possibily

JasonJohnHorn
09-18-2012, 11:52 AM

At least put Hakeem at PG.

Robinson was a great passer. Hakeen and Robinson are both good picks for the guard position.

JasonJohnHorn
09-18-2012, 11:54 AM
This is not so crazy as everybody is making it out to be. I would have picked different centers. Bill Laimbeer (great 3pt shot) would be on the team, and Brad Daughtery. But it would be interesting to watch these guys on the court.

Da Knicks
09-18-2012, 12:03 PM
pg. manute bol
sg. shawn bradley
sf. george muresan
pf. dikembe mutombo
c. yao ming

Jesse2272
09-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Wacky thread

interested in Douglas thoughts :laugh2:

Definitely move the Admiral too 2 guard Dream to point

jon32
09-18-2012, 12:41 PM
PG David Robinson
SG Hakeem Olajuwan
SF Alonzo Morning
PF Patric Ewing
C Shaq

bench of all Stan Van Gundys , present body
vs

PG Brian Scalabrine
SG Brian Scalabrine
SF Brian Scalabrine
PF Brian Scalabrine
C Mugsy Bogues*
Mugsy HAS to play C...

entire bench of Jeff van gundy...also present agae n stuff
who wins

IKnowHoops
09-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Obviously they will have weaknesses. Staying in front of a quick guard on the outside, hitting 3's etc. Blocking shots, rebounding, second chance points, and interior defense will not be one of those weeknesses. And if they play a zone, with there length they can effect any shot that goes up. I personally would pick this team to win because with all that skilled height, they would probably end up scoring 95% of the time they got the ball near the hoop. Ive hear it echoed, alot of passing, and little dribbling, And David Robinson could ball handle better than Chris Mullin so when they did have to do some dribbling, he could do alot for them bringing the ball up. But they would be passing way more than any team ever to get it up the court I know this.

David in action

xfyre
09-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Obviously they will have weaknesses. Staying in front of a quick guard on the outside, hitting 3's etc. Blocking shots, rebounding, second chance points, and interior defense will not be one of those weeknesses. And if they play a zone, with there length they can effect any shot that goes up. I personally would pick this team to win because with all that skilled height, they would probably end up scoring 95% of the time they got the ball near the hoop. Ive hear it echoed, alot of passing, and little dribbling, And David Robinson could ball handle better than Chris Mullin so when they did have to do some dribbling, he could do alot for them bringing the ball up. But they would be passing way more than any team ever to get it up the court I know this.

David in action

i love how in that era, he avg'd 12 rebounds a game..and he was 6th :speechless:

Stinkyoutsider
09-18-2012, 04:17 PM
The transition game for them would be terrible. They would be so slow getting down the floor that opposing teams would literally run them out of the gym...

kdspurman
09-18-2012, 04:38 PM

David in action

I posted that same video in this thread :) Guy was a beast.

12 rebounds and 5 bpg... And quick as a deer

smith&wesson
09-18-2012, 04:39 PM
ya they probably would win. let hakeem handle the ball up court though.... they would just post up and dunk on ppl lol.

ya they will have turnovers but they will just block every thing or give straight hard fouls on defense so it would be hard to score on them.

StarvingKnick22
09-18-2012, 07:20 PM
A team of PG could.

IKnowHoops
09-18-2012, 07:58 PM
A team of PG could.

I think pgs score 65% of the time against centers where as shaq scores 100% of the time on a pg

odiz
09-18-2012, 08:34 PM
This team would definitely win the title. No team could match up size wise, you would probably have 2 of the 5 being guarded by guys 6'5" and shorter. They would shoot like 85% and then probably get every offensive rebound. This team would literally score on 90%+ of there possessions. Then on defense they would just control the paint and snag every rebound. Teams would be forced to take jump shots and they would have to hit them at like 70% to keep up with this teams scoring.

JerseyPalahniuk
09-18-2012, 08:59 PM
PG: Pierce
SG: Durant
SF: Iguodala
PF: Gerald Wallace
C: Lebron

Bench: Carmelo
Bench: Rudy Gay
Bench: Luol Deng
Bench Shawn Marion
Bench: Grant Hill

*Silver&Black*
09-18-2012, 10:32 PM
A team full of HoF centers can win. Put 2 of the best shot blockers on the defensive side of the court and leave them there. 2 others on the offensive side of the court and leave them there. The 5th guy stand at half court. Who could guard 2 of the greats down low? Who could get a shot up against 2 of the best shot blockers? The half court guy is there for transition.

IKnowHoops
09-18-2012, 10:46 PM
PG: Pierce
SG: Durant
SF: Iguodala
PF: Gerald Wallace
C: Lebron

Bench: Carmelo
Bench: Rudy Gay
Bench: Luol Deng
Bench Shawn Marion
Bench: Grant Hill

Yes this team would win it also. Mainly because they have the two best players in the league on the team and the bench is sick.

I think that if you took the best five players in history at any one position and put them on the same team, they would win it.

thenaj17
09-19-2012, 06:54 AM
A team full of HoF centers can win. Put 2 of the best shot blockers on the defensive side of the court and leave them there. 2 others on the offensive side of the court and leave them there. The 5th guy stand at half court. Who could guard 2 of the greats down low? Who could get a shot up against 2 of the best shot blockers? The half court guy is there for transition.

Ridiculous. The Centres would stand no chance. The half court guy would be there ready but would get blown by.

The centres would get doubled every time and sometimes tripled as there are only 2 of them attacking. Terrible strategy. No1 to kick out to when doubled to hit outside shots, they would turn the ball over a record amount of times.

Bob_at_york
09-19-2012, 09:25 AM
I think pgs score 65% of the time against centers where as shaq scores 100% of the time on a pg

even when he gets fouled? I think Shaq would miss a bunch of free throws.

IKnowHoops
09-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Ridiculous. The Centres would stand no chance. The half court guy would be there ready but would get blown by.

The centres would get doubled every time and sometimes tripled as there are only 2 of them attacking. Terrible strategy. No1 to kick out to when doubled to hit outside shots, they would turn the ball over a record amount of times.

Seeing as how a prime Jordan had absolutely no chance against David Robinson on a fast break, I think you are underestimating what the best centers ever are going to be able to do out there.

IKnowHoops
09-19-2012, 07:39 PM

Seeing as how a prime Jordan had absolutely no chance against David Robinson on a fast break, I think you are underestimating what the best centers ever are going to be able to do out there.

IKnowHoops
09-19-2012, 07:40 PM
David Robinson on fast break

Shaq on Fast break
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVsWuHblBwU

These big boys could move, bruce bowen was powerless to stop shack on the fast break. It couldnt of been easier for Lebron.

Hawkeye15
09-19-2012, 07:51 PM
as long as the worst bench players in history were all wings and guards? Yes. You could use a combination of 3 of the listed 5, and just give them a ball handler and wing defender.

IKnowHoops
09-19-2012, 07:52 PM
David Robinson on fast break

Shaq on Fast break
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVsWuHblBwU

These big boys could move, bruce bowen was powerless to stop shack on the fast break. It couldnt of been easier for Lebron.

A huge difference between the best centers that ever played and your average centers. Some of the best centers that ever played move like your average SF. But there 7-1 super strong, and can shoot. Were talking about the best. Don't think many players can beat David robinson the length of the court and finish on him. Not happening.

LA_Raiders
09-19-2012, 10:15 PM
no, the boards would be so crowded it would be a mess... cant defend the perimeter.

JordansBulls
10-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Give them a big PG then yes they would.