PDA

View Full Version : Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

Longhornfan1234
09-17-2012, 07:55 PM
“We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9, that’s definitely something that I want to do. Whoever is out there at the beginning of the season then we gotta get it. It’s as simple as that. We just have to go get it. (Host: So that Bulls record is something you’re thinking about?) No question. You try to snatch records before you leave this earth. You gotta try to do a lot of great things so it’s definitely a goal. With Dwight Howard, (Steve) Nash, Kobe (Bryant), myself, Pau (Gasol) and then (Antawn) Jamison and a lot of great additions it’s something that’s possible.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

Do you think the Lakers can do it?

Big Zo
09-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Well, we all know he's crazy...

Cal827
Nope.

JasonJohnHorn
If the Lakers are going to do that they'll need Artest to start playing like he was 25 again, and not put up those horrible shooting %s. They'll also need to bring back Phil Jackson to coach the team.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-17-2012, 07:58 PM
MWP did it for the llullz.

JNoel
09-17-2012, 07:59 PM
They haven't even played ONE GAME and this idiot is already talking about beating the all-time record?

justinnum1
09-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Wouldn't expect anything less from artests mouth.

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey I'm backing artest up on this! It's certaintly doable will they do it though odds are probably not

Chronz
09-17-2012, 08:06 PM
This aint 1996 tho

LongIslandIcedZ
09-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Nothing wrong with wanting it.

cuttydoesit6
09-17-2012, 08:08 PM
not gonna happen

5ass
09-17-2012, 08:10 PM
I hate artest but theres nothing wrong with aiming high. Still i think they can win 62-67 games.

Jesse2272
09-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Must be off his meds

douglas
09-17-2012, 08:13 PM
If the Los Angeles Lakers achieve a record of 73-9, they have a high chance of making the NBA playoffs and competing for an NBA championship against fifteen other NBA basketball teams.

--23--
09-17-2012, 08:15 PM
I don't think they'll break that record, but there is nothing wrong with wanting it.

StarvingKnick22
09-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Every team's goal should be 82-0. Even the Bobcats. No one wants to lose.

JNoel
09-17-2012, 08:18 PM
If the Los Angeles Lakers achieve a record of 73-9, they have a high chance of making the NBA playoffs and competing for an NBA championship against fifteen other NBA basketball teams.

There's about 8 teams that can achieve the record of 73-9 so I think the Lakers will miss the playoffs :D

cbs9889
09-17-2012, 08:24 PM
when mwp is motivated he plays great D and since D12 will be there his shots are going to go down which means his crazy shots will go down which means they have a chance lol

_KB24_
09-17-2012, 08:28 PM
They haven't even played ONE GAME and this idiot is already talking about beating the all-time record?

I wonder what other idiot said something prematurely before playing "even one game"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c

sixer04fan
09-17-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm just surprised he got the math right: 73 + 9 = 82

Good job, Metta.

rocket
09-17-2012, 08:36 PM

Miami hasn't played 1 game this season and people are going to say they are the finals favorites! Idiots!

sixer04fan
09-17-2012, 08:38 PM

Not 5... Not 6... Not 7...

Gfunk4Life
09-17-2012, 08:39 PM

Good job, Metta.

Metta was a mathematics major at St. Johnís.

D2theJ
09-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Theres a lot of age on that team, its gotta catch up to them eventually

Nash - 38
Kobe- 34
Metta - 32
Pau - 32
Jamison - 36

Thats 5 of their 6 best players over 30, and while they're all still good they're still on the back end of their careers. I think this team will be very good, but I don't think they will be able to bring it 100% every night with all that age plus Howard coming off a back injury. I also think their bench is only average so when they have to rest those guys they don't have great talent coming in.

Bulls_fan90
09-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Good to see Artest is as crazy as ever.

JNoel
09-17-2012, 08:48 PM
I wonder what other idiot said something prematurely before playing "even one game"....

Not 5... Not 6... Not 7...
What you both don't understand is that LeBron was trying to get the fanbase of Miami pumped up, this was supposed to be a local celebration, but of course, the media ****ed everything up. Plus Ron Artest is talking about owning the best record in history, its all about practice man.

Miami hasn't played 1 game this season and people are going to say they are the finals favorites! Idiots!
Last time I checked, the defending champs are usually supposed to be the Finals favorites...

C-Style
09-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Not even Bron & Wade combined will sniff that

Bruno
09-17-2012, 08:51 PM
he just had to do it.

LAKERMANIA
09-17-2012, 08:54 PM
I'd be extremely surprised that a team which has a lot of new additions, along with a new offense, would get 73-9. I would love for it to happen, but no way it does.

justinnum1
09-17-2012, 08:56 PM
I dont think they win 60 games.

JesusNYY_Savior
09-17-2012, 08:59 PM

its old now, get a new gig

AlmostThere
09-17-2012, 09:01 PM
What you both don't understand is that LeBron was trying to get the fanbase of Miami pumped up, this was supposed to be a local celebration, but of course, the media ****ed everything up. Plus Ron Artest is talking about owning the best record in history, its all about practice man.

Last time I checked, the defending champs are usually supposed to be the Finals favorites...

Last time I checked, your not supposed to broadcast something live on ESPN if you expect it to be a local thing. And even IF they would want to hype up the fan base, how is this any different. It would be easier winning 73 than winning "NOT 1, NOT 2, NOT 3, Not 4, 5,6,7,..." especially when your number 2 option on the team is now 30 so for him to win 6 more would mean he would be 36. And there is no way in hell that Wade stays in the league until 36. In reality though. It would be extremely tough to get that record out in the west. These guys are gonna be competing against OKC, Clips, Spurs, Griz, Mavs, Nuggets, ect..

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-17-2012, 09:08 PM

No way the lakers lose 22 games, it would take injures to some of their star players for that to happen

JNoel
09-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Last time I checked, your not supposed to broadcast something live on ESPN if you expect it to be a local thing. And even IF they would want to hype up the fan base, how is this any different. It would be easier winning 73 than winning "NOT 1, NOT 2, NOT 3, Not 4, 5,6,7,..." especially when your number 2 option on the team is now 30 so for him to win 6 more would mean he would be 36. And there is no way in hell that Wade stays in the league until 36. In reality though. It would be extremely tough to get that record out in the west. These guys are gonna be competing against OKC, Clips, Spurs, Griz, Mavs, Nuggets, ect..

I wouldn't know it was broadcasted on ESPN, I watched it from my local news station at the time which brought full coverage. I do think it would be easier to win six more championships than duplicate an almost flawless season which are pretty much extinct nowadays. All in all, It was definitely wrong by LeBron since it was nationally televised, but it did succeed in hyping up the fanbase.

justinnum1
09-17-2012, 09:12 PM
No way the lakers lose 22 games, it would take injures to some of their star players for that to happen

cool

LakersMaster24
09-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Ron, shutup.

I don't even get the whole fascination with 72-10? Big ****ing woop.

All he should care about is the banner.

The1_Who_knocks
09-17-2012, 09:21 PM
80-2

shep33
09-17-2012, 09:27 PM
I say we win 59-60. The Western Conference right now is maybe the best it's ever been in terms of talent from top to bottom.

We'll sit some games... injuries may be an issue, but we'll definitely rest Kobe, Nash and Jamison. Pau is a machine, dude doesn't miss games and I'd expect Dwight to miss 10-15 games total.

bucketss
09-17-2012, 09:28 PM

with their aging players i don't think regular season dominance is what the lakers will be shooting for very possible for them to lose that many games.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-17-2012, 09:29 PM
lol laker haters will have plenty to say once the season gets started.

AlmostThere
09-17-2012, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't know it was broadcasted on ESPN, I watched it from my local news station at the time which brought full coverage. I do think it would be easier to win six more championships than duplicate an almost flawless season which are pretty much extinct nowadays. All in all, It was definitely wrong by LeBron since it was nationally televised, but it did succeed in hyping up the fanbase.

Think about it though. They are going to competing with the new and rising stars in the league today. Do you really think that the core of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh can hold back the Thunder and the New Lakers from titles? Lets not forget about the Bulls, Celtics, and maybe even the 76'ers and Pacers. Because what Lebron said was "I believe this is a group that can win multiple championships". I think they can compete for the next six years, but for them to get 6 more rings in the next six years would be a statistical anomaly. 1 Perfect season is easier to accomplish than 6. Because in my eyes, any season when you win a Championship can he be considered a perfect season or at least the best one that year. To be truthful though, i highly doubt they win 72 or 73, its just i believe it would be easier to have one season with 73 wins than to even get to finals 6 years in a row.

LakersMaster24
09-17-2012, 09:31 PM
I say we win 59-60. The Western Conference right now is maybe the best it's ever been in terms of talent from top to bottom.

We'll sit some games... injuries may be an issue, but we'll definitely rest Kobe, Nash and Jamison. Pau is a machine, dude doesn't miss games and I'd expect Dwight to miss 10-15 games total.

60 games sounds reasonable, I will probably go with 60-63 games.

C-Style
09-17-2012, 09:35 PM

ether

3ballbomber
09-17-2012, 09:37 PM
like the confidence. Spite of them being physically sound for their age maybe if Kobe & Nash were younger they cld challenge Bulls record.

Andrew32
09-17-2012, 09:38 PM
lol I hate Metta.

I doubt they even crack 60 wins... 70+ no way in hell that is happening I bet my life on it.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-17-2012, 09:41 PM
LOL @ people comparing lebron's speech to this statement by MWP.

wasn't lebron talkin to the fans of southbeach?

and MWP was " via Sports Radio Interviews".

something to think about kiddos.

SteBO
09-17-2012, 09:44 PM
MWP did it for the llullz.
Yup.

Nothing wrong with wanting it, but it isn't happening, so who really cares.

AlmostThere
09-17-2012, 09:52 PM
LOL @ people comparing lebron's speech to this statement by MWP.

wasn't lebron talkin to the fans of southbeach?

and MWP was " via Sports Radio Interviews".

something to think about kiddos.

because the CNN watermark in the right corner doesn't mean that it was broadcasted all over America right? If Lebron didn't want people to find out about it why on earth would he have allowed them to record that? He is naive if he thinks that the media wouldn't eat this up and spread it all over the place in mere minutes. I didn't even hear about the MWP thing, and I live in LA, on the other hand, when Lebron said what he said, I found out about it within an hour.

ink
09-17-2012, 09:56 PM
How many Artests does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Another dumb statement by MWP.

SteBO
09-17-2012, 09:58 PM
How many Artests does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Another dumb statement by MWP.
Meh, I wouldn't go that far. Can you really fault him for wanting to do so? Nothing really wrong with aiming high. Besides, it's not like they have any chance to do it anyway, so I say let MWP spew. It isn't harming anyone.

JNoel
09-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Think about it though. They are going to competing with the new and rising stars in the league today. Do you really think that the core of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh can hold back the Thunder and the New Lakers from titles? Lets not forget about the Bulls, Celtics, and maybe even the 76'ers and Pacers. Because what Lebron said was "I believe this is a group that can win multiple championships". I think they can compete for the next six years, but for them to get 6 more rings in the next six years would be a statistical anomaly. 1 Perfect season is easier to accomplish than 6. Because in my eyes, any season when you win a Championship can he be considered a perfect season or at least the best one that year. To be truthful though, i highly doubt they win 72 or 73, its just i believe it would be easier to have one season with 73 wins than to even get to finals 6 years in a row.

I try not to look too far in the future, but your probably right, an up-and-coming team in the Thunder might be unstoppable in a few years, and Lakers do have incredible potential. I don't think the Heat can win six consecutive years in a row by any stretch, but I think they do over the next 8 years or so-only under the circumstances that Wade remains a steady superstar which in many people's eyes is not possible.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-17-2012, 10:07 PM

because the CNN watermark in the right corner doesn't mean that it was broadcasted all over America right? If Lebron didn't want people to find out about it why on earth would he have allowed them to record that? He is naive if he thinks that the media wouldn't eat this up and spread it all over the place in mere minutes. I didn't even hear about the MWP thing, and I live in LA, on the other hand, when Lebron said what he said, I found out about it within an hour.

so... youre telling me because other news media wanted to have coverage for the fan day meet greet, that lebron was talking to the world?

is lebron micky arson that its his decision who gets to have coverage of the YES.WE.DID. introduction of the big 3? interesting.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-17-2012, 10:09 PM

here ya go buddy:

http://www.790theticket.com/lebatard.aspx

Brief synopsis: They planned the celebration for 2, initially. It was supposed to be for Wade + PF, and they just wanted to do something bigger than what they did for the Shaq signing. They didn't know Lebron was gonna be part of it until shortly before the party, and by then it was too late to change anything. He said they shouldn't have had cameras and should have controlled the interview segment better, but it is what it is.

AlmostThere
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-g3a_gIkjA
Look at the difference of the introduction of Boston's Big 3 and Miami's. The heats looks like they already won a title and are celebrating.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-17-2012, 10:32 PM
did you even read what i typed? lol it should have explained why there was a difference between the two introductions. lol

AlmostThere
09-17-2012, 10:42 PM
did you even read what i typed? lol it should have explained why there was a difference between the two introductions. lol

It doesn't change what he said. And i highly doubt that anyone would have planned that for Bosh and Wade. You think Pat Riley hadn't already gotten a yes from Lebron? And none of that changes what Lebron said. Lakers got Nash and Howard. Did they throw some huge party to celebrate a roster change? no.

Cracka2HI!
09-17-2012, 10:44 PM
I love me some Artest!

Am I missing something? Isn't Howard not going to be ready to go for the start of the season? Aren't the Lakers old without great depth? This isn't a flawless team IMO. I do think I will pick them to win the West because they should be in beast mode come playoff time. I don't see them as an all-time great regular season team. I think they will probably win around 55 games, could finish 2nd in the division and even as "low" as 3rd or 4th in the Conference. They won't care either. They will be a lot more worried about Howard's back, and Kobe, Nash and Gasol's legs than home court.

ink
09-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Meh, I wouldn't go that far. Can you really fault him for wanting to do so? Nothing really wrong with aiming high. Besides, it's not like they have any chance to do it anyway, so I say let MWP spew. It isn't harming anyone.

He's never been sought after for his brain power. I don't withdraw the comment. lol.

72-10 Bulls / 95/96
69-13 Lakers / 71/72

Chances of this Lakers team running the table all season? Low. Chances of them winning a championship on veteran leadership (which requires intelligence). High. If MWP can't contribute with intelligence he needs to keep it closed so others can.

BuddhaMONK
09-17-2012, 10:47 PM

Awesome...Expos were my team back in the day...***** Jeff Loria

ink
09-17-2012, 10:47 PM
If the Lakers are going to do that they'll need Artest to start playing like he was 25 again, and not put up those horrible shooting %s. They'll also need to bring back Phil Jackson to coach the team.

That would kinda make Nash expendable no?

BuddhaMONK
09-17-2012, 10:49 PM
I think it's more likely they do it than Miami....Lakers have a sh*tload of experience (Nash,Kobe, Gasol) mixed with skills.

ink
09-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I think it's more likely they do it than Miami....Lakers have a sh*tload of experience (Nash,Kobe, Gasol) mixed with skills.

And have never played together.

60+ wins will secure them HCA. That's all MWP should be concerned with. Not "records before you leave this earth".

Teufelshunde4
09-17-2012, 10:54 PM

Wasnt this out there just 2 years ago attached to the Heat? Before they played a single game together.

JNoel
09-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Wasnt this out there just 2 years ago attached to the Heat? Before they played a single game together.

Yes Teufelshunde it was attached to the Heat two years ago, but like I said before, The arrival of the big 3 was more of an act of getting the fan-base hyped up.

lakers4sho
09-17-2012, 11:34 PM
If the Lakers finish with a 73-9 regular season record, then they would have won 73 games in the regular season.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-17-2012, 11:41 PM
If the Lakers finish with a 73-9 regular season record, then they would have won 73 games in the regular season.

:worthy:

#douglassystem

Hellcrooner
09-17-2012, 11:50 PM

2 expansion teams that year
5 more expansion teams in the previous 8 years.

1 expansion team in the last 8 years.

conditions are not the same, AT ALL.

Kobes a Killer
09-17-2012, 11:58 PM

Just stop, you killed it, it's old, you sound ridiculous

Kobes a Killer
09-18-2012, 12:00 AM
:worthy:

#douglassystem

:horse:

You really still think it's funny or clever? It's old, it's stupid, he killed it

lakers4sho
09-18-2012, 12:21 AM

You really still think it's funny or clever? It's old, it's stupid, he killed it

then dont watch

JayHunter
09-18-2012, 12:22 AM
that wont happen

akagiredsuns
09-18-2012, 12:33 AM

It's called ambition and motivating his team. Nothing wrong with that. The man has already won a ring. Leave him alone. He can say whatever he damn well pleases. Stop being such a hater.

Aust
09-18-2012, 01:08 AM
I can guarantee you we won't get it.
Oh Metta.... I greatly dislike when player's open their mouths like this. It's just so, unnecessary.

Kobes a Killer
09-18-2012, 01:10 AM
then dont watch

I keep reading his posts to see if they're still funny, but they're not its the same old garbage and anyone who thinks it's funny is just an idiot

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-18-2012, 01:15 AM
I keep reading his posts to see if they're still funny, but they're not its the same old garbage and anyone who thinks it's funny is just an idiot

gobble gobble :p

MackSnackWrap
09-18-2012, 01:20 AM
id be surprised if they touch 60... theyve yet to play a game

Mr. LA
09-18-2012, 01:38 AM
You guys just don't understand!
Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Metta World Peace
Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard

like I mean....these guys almost can win a championship with a bunch of average players...

Nash almost led an average phoenix team to a championship a bunch of times in the mid 2000's
Bryant is Bryant
Peace led Rockets to game 7 against the lakers in the wcf just a couple years ago...
and he also would have been the best player on the Pacer that wouldve won if not for the malace at the palace
Gasol led a playoff team with complete scrubs in memphis
and Howard also got magic to championship (beating James) in 2009

they can almost win themselves....put them together and POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! easy fraking title

not to mention Jamison, the likely 6th man of the year, Jordan Hill, and a bunch of three point shooters that will be wide ope every single play

u guys have to put your laker hate aside and think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Drew
09-18-2012, 01:54 AM
wow what an idiotic thing to say. especially when they wont even have dwight for like half a season....

John Walls Era
09-18-2012, 02:07 AM

Good job, Metta.

Hes a math major!

Not sure if anyone will get this.

dc5jdm
09-18-2012, 02:10 AM

Good job, Metta.

He did major in math

LakerPride
09-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Yes Teufelshunde it was attached to the Heat two years ago, but like I said before, The arrival of the big 3 was more of an act of getting the fan-base hyped up.

:rolleyes:

wow, sure it boomerang too fast on you :p

doesnt matter if really to "hype up" the Miami fan base or not...
the truth is Lebron's mouth is way bigger than MWP's LOL

naps
09-18-2012, 02:43 AM
Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Metta World Peace
Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard

like I mean....these guys almost can win a championship with a bunch of average players...

Nash almost led an average phoenix team to a championship a bunch of times in the mid 2000's
Bryant is Bryant
Peace led Rockets to game 7 against the lakers in the wcf just a couple years ago...
and he also would have been the best player on the Pacer that wouldve won if not for the malace at the palace

they can almost win themselves....put them together and POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! easy fraking title

not to mention Jamison, the likely 6th man of the year, Jordan Hill, and a bunch of three point shooters that will be wide ope every single play

Easy freaking title? Stop embarrassing yourself. What those players did 3456 years ago have nothing to do in 2013. They are not the same players.

LeGacy is Music
09-18-2012, 02:57 AM
People don't talk about the Clippers at all huh? they have a nice little team there buddy everyone thinks OKC and the Lakers watch out for the Clippers bro

xILLN355
09-18-2012, 03:17 AM

umad?

#teachmehowtodougie

SirSkyHook
09-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Metta World Peace
Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard

Bryant is Bryant

Hate to disagree but.....

Nash had Stat at his physical prime, same with Marion, he had Joe Johnson, Q-Rich when he was still balling, and out of this world shooters with him.

Gasol couldnt win in the playoffs.

Mallace in the palace proves Metta is to unstable mentaly to lead anyone anywhere.

The only true cases can be made for Kobe and Howard. In saying that I think they can get the record but the wont becuase their weakest link is there coach. I dont believe he can keep them focused that long, and Im judging on how he handeled personell last year.

Iron24th
09-18-2012, 03:33 AM
No the Lakers will not do it, and no one will.

The 72 wins record will never be broke.

Voodoo Alchemy
09-18-2012, 03:55 AM
artest thought jordan was on this team.

idrinkpepsi
09-18-2012, 04:06 AM
I don't think they'll break that record, but there is nothing wrong with wanting it.Exactly.

naps
09-18-2012, 04:06 AM
I don't understand why people get upset when a player talks about high hopes and goals. I mean it's not impossible. It doesn't seem like they will win that many but ofcourse they have a shot whether it's 10% or less. Nothing is wrong with wanting to break a record. All the records are meant to be broken. Only two things in basketball I don't think will happen again: Bill Russell's 11 championships in 13 years and a second coming of Micheal Jordan.

Sadds The Gr8
09-18-2012, 04:26 AM
isnt howard missing like a month?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RevcwSUnpxk&feature=related

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-18-2012, 04:34 AM
No the Lakers will not do it, and no one will.

The 72 wins record will never be broke.

Records are meant to be broken

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-18-2012, 04:35 AM
artest thought jordan was on this team.

Nope but he sure knows he has someone close to him aka kobe

ewmania
09-18-2012, 05:12 AM
if they can click at a high level i can see it happening

hey you never know

c.c.
09-18-2012, 05:24 AM
If they do break it, its not gonna be because of him anyways

basketfan4life
09-18-2012, 06:45 AM

Man you are certainly the best, love it.

thenaj17
09-18-2012, 07:04 AM

:clap:

thenaj17
09-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Why are people saying he is crazy?

If a single player on my team said they want to lose a single game all season i would fine their ***.

You don't achieve anything without aiming high.

I don't think it will be done and i doubt that anyone on the Lakers team thinks they will do it but no harm in going out every night and doing your best to win in pursuit of perfection.

If this team got together 5 years ago, hell even 3 years ago, i think they would have done it.

Badluck33
09-18-2012, 07:36 AM
i dont think anyone will beat that record.

Mave1002
09-18-2012, 07:45 AM

Agree 100% This is key.

If some miracle befalls the team and MWP Turns into Ron Artest each and every game averaging 12-14ppg, and being a defensive beast on the other end at the same time, then my condolences to the rest of the league.

TheNumber37
09-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Nash would have to defend like Payton for that to happen.

JNoel
09-18-2012, 08:03 AM
:rolleyes:

wow, sure it boomerang too fast on you :p

doesnt matter if really to "hype up" the Miami fan base or not...
the truth is Lebron's mouth is way bigger than MWP's LOL

But Lebron doesn't go punching fans in the stands or give a cheap elbow to other players ;)

Gram
09-18-2012, 08:35 AM
He's getting hasty.

Quinnsanity
09-18-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm rushing to the bookie with OKC/Miami title bets. If a team is thinking about this in September I can't feel good about their chances in June.

JesusNYY_Savior
09-18-2012, 07:44 PM

exactly, thought i was the only one who is sick of that idiotic ****.. It was never funny, and now its just played out

smith&wesson
09-18-2012, 07:49 PM
if nash, kobe, artest, and jamison were all in their prime along with gasol and howard i think they would beat it.

goose14741
09-18-2012, 07:53 PM

sounds familiar eh?

Kobes a Killer
09-18-2012, 08:00 PM
exactly, thought i was the only one who is sick of that idiotic ****.. It was never funny, and now its just played out

Amen to that

Tumstock
09-18-2012, 09:04 PM
But Lebron doesn't go punching fans in the stands or give a cheap elbow to other players ;)

I wish he would though... It would actually be fun to see him play if he did, + he would finally get some detention.

..But flopping is fun too!

Ill21
09-18-2012, 11:17 PM

Agreed, the heat did t even win 60 games in there first year.

NYKnicksAllDay
09-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Even if the Lakers go 73-9 it won't be enough because da Knicks gonna go 82-0 and then 16-0 in the playoffs with Melo leadin em to da chip because he's the GOAT. Melo's gonna average 35/8/6 and win MVP and finals MVP cause he's the best in the world.

TheRunKiller
09-19-2012, 01:05 AM
Lakers will not win 73 games because of you Metta world peice of ****. you are the weakest link

TheRunKiller
09-19-2012, 01:05 AM
if Heat can't win 72 games no way in hell Lakers will. right it down take a picture i dont give a ****

*Silver&Black*
09-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Why is it always the weakest link of the starting 5 to talk crap/talk up the team?

8kobe24
09-19-2012, 12:17 PM

"We want to beat the all the time record". Check your comprehension before you open your mouth and sound stupid.

#hookedonphonics

Wouldn't expect anything less from artests mouth.

What's wrong with wanting to beat the all-time regular season record? If you felt that was arrogant of him to say, go ahead and compare that to "Not 5, Not 6, Not 7..."

sounds familiar eh?

You are on point. And look, you got less that 500 posts and you make more sense than most people in here.:clap:

ink
09-19-2012, 12:28 PM
What's wrong with wanting to beat the all-time regular season record?

Because regular season records are fairly meaningless, especially for a team assembled to do one thing: win a championship.

8kobe24
09-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Because regular season records are fairly meaningless, especially for a team assembled to do one thing: win a championship.

Yes, No championship = Failed season, but I wouldn't say 72-10 is meaningless.

Nycbball08
09-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Will never happen...

Kashmir13579
09-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Ron is crazy. Follow him on twitter and you'll see how crazy he really is.

badbilly
09-19-2012, 01:01 PM
If Kobe, Metta, and Nash were in their prime. Then mabey. Name one person in their prime on that team now that is not named Howard that could be a starter.

ink
09-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Yes, No championship = Failed season, but I wouldn't say 72-10 is meaningless.

73-9 without a championship doesn't mean a lot. Exhibit A, I give you the 67-15 06/07 Dallas Mavericks who lost in the first round to Don Nelson's Warriors. That Dallas record ended up being pretty meaningless and yet it was one of the top win totals in history. The Lakers would not want a repeat of that fiasco for themselves.

btw, the Mavs won their ring after a 57 win season. Which season do you think they value most highly?

SaimuKala
09-19-2012, 02:43 PM
probably 55-65 wins.

robdesign13
09-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Psssst... Ron, you're f'n nuts.... I love you, but you're batshit..

Muttman73
09-19-2012, 05:05 PM
I definitely want to bang a porn star, ala gronk...probably not gonna happen, but it could

Lakeshow24KB
09-19-2012, 05:30 PM

Heat fans are SUCH hypocrits

*Silver&Black*
09-19-2012, 06:52 PM

Not 5, not 6, not 7.....

Mave1002
09-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Agreed, the heat did t even win 60 games in there first year.

Know what the difference between the heat and GREATNESS?

Go figure.

JNoel
09-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Metta World War.

DR_1
09-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Nothing wrong with aiming high