PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Kemp for Scottie ?

DJHUFF2000
09-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Do you all remember that rumor? I think it was either after the 94' season or during the 95' season,if that happens do you think Mike would have come back?

nickdymez
09-17-2012, 04:55 PM
That would be a terrible trade

Voodoo Alchemy
09-17-2012, 05:01 PM
but the rain man could sure dunk tho

Chronz
09-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Did you read a book or something, wats with the trade speculation threads? Anyways, this was actually a trade suggested while MJ was with the Bulls. He threatened to retire if it went through.

NYYCowboys
09-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Well Seattle drafted him in the first place. Imagine the trio of Payton-Pippen-Kemp :drool:

tmacsc2
09-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Kemp is the only guy who could hold shaq in the post! Dont sleep on his D! But not a great trade if it went down for the bulls

nickdymez
09-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Kemp is the only guy who could hold shaq in the post! Dont sleep on his D! But not a great trade if it went down for the bulls

:speechless:

KNICKS R BACK
09-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Shawn Kemp was a monster, he had too many personal issues though...i personally like kemp better then pippen but pippen had the far better career

Chronz
09-17-2012, 05:59 PM

I always felt he was underrated defensively, but holding Shaq down? We talking about fat Kemp or the reign man?

madvillian9
09-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Did you read a book or something, wats with the trade speculation threads? Anyways, this was actually a trade suggested while MJ was with the Bulls. He threatened to retire if it went through.

Don't think you're right on this one. I remember this coming into the news in the summer of 94. Pretty sure it was right after the series where pippen didnt go in the final seconds... well not right after but after the finals...

Chronz
09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
You could be right, Im probably confusing this with another Pippen trade.

abe_froman
09-17-2012, 06:07 PM
wasnt that crazy. krause always dangled pippen out as trade bait ,being the best touchable asset and all(there was rumors all the time from trying to use him to get barkley,tmac on draft day) and kemp around that time was like how blake griffin is seen now(hype and all)

madvillian9
09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
youre maybe thinking of the pippen and longley for the 2 celtics draft pics... i think between the 5th and 6th... i remember them eying mcgrady and someone else that i cant remember

madvillian9
09-17-2012, 06:14 PM
to answer the question, i think he still comes back. that changes everything though. no rodman. that second three peat team may be the best of all time. i doubt that happens...

GiantsSwaGG
09-17-2012, 06:26 PM

When he was with the magics right?

JordansBulls
09-17-2012, 07:28 PM

Naw this is flat out wrong, how could MJ threaten to retire when he was retired already?
Anyway the trade you may be referring to is in 1998 when it was Pippen for Van Horn and Tmac.

JasonJohnHorn
09-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Well.... Kemp was playing great ball at the time.

If this was in the 94 offseason, this trade would have made sense. They lost Horace Grant in free agency. They had BJ Armstrong at the PG position, Ron Harper at SG, Toni K at SF and with an aging Cartright in the middle backed up by Stacey King, the depature of Horace Grant left a glaring need for some rebounding and post scoring. With Toni ready to start at SF, Pippen was expendable and a move for Kemp would have given them what they needed at the time.

I believe Jordan would have still come back. He and Harper could still play the big guards in the back court and Toni would have been a quality SF in the starting line-up, and though their bench would have been a little thin, they wouldn't have need to trade for Rodman to improve their starting line-up.

That said... considering that they were able to pull off that trade for Rodman, I think they ended up in a better situation than they would have been had they made the trade for Kemp. I still don't know how they manged to get Rodman of the Spurs for nothing.

JordansBulls
09-17-2012, 08:00 PM
That said... considering that they were able to pull off that trade for Rodman, I think they ended up in a better situation than they would have been had they made the trade for Kemp. I still don't know how they manged to get Rodman of the Spurs for nothing.

Because Rodman pretty much sabatoged 2 seasons with the Spurs with his attitude and no one in the league wanted to touch him.

abe_froman
09-17-2012, 08:06 PM
because rodman acted like a brat(refusing to play sometimes,push d.rob around to get better footing to pad his rebounding stats,take madonna into the lockerroom to taunt robinson and johnson and make everyone feel uncomfortable),he had some great personal years there but this was his height as a major distraction and headcase.they wanted him out,its just chicago was one of the few places that was willing to take the risk