PDA

View Full Version : Crawford cheers dodgers

mexican dodger
09-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Cant wait to have him in the line up next year http://m.mlb.com/lad/news/article/2012091738563620/

Cimos21
09-17-2012, 04:25 PM
It is good to see Kemp is already talking to Crawford. Kemp is truly a great superstar/leader. One of a kind.

LASportsFan1996
09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
:clap::clap:

FGFYC
09-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Can't wait for Victorino to get the hell out of here.

Cimos21
09-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Can't wait for Victorino to get the hell out of here.

You don't like weak fly balls to left field?

fulltiltdodger
09-18-2012, 12:12 AM
He better lose some weight first lol...

Mr. LA
09-18-2012, 01:46 AM
I know we all love Cruz but.... Gordon brings something special and plus he gets Hanley the **** out of the shortstop position!!!! plus cruz off the bench would be niiiiiiiice!

1. Dee Gordon
2. Carl Crawford
3. Matt Kemp
4. Adrian Gonzalez
5. Hanley Ramirez
6. Andre Ethier
7. Mark Ellis?
8. A.J Ellis?
9. Pitcher's spot

That is very niiiiiiiiiice with Cruz, Hairston, Rivera, Herrera, and some backup catcher

= sick offense

hopefully a rotation of

Kershaw
Grienke
Billingsley
Beckett
Lilly

P.S - I think we should probably let Ellis go or put him on the bench and teach Cruz 2nd...he is a great defender and 2nd base is pretty easy to learn...

Gordon
Crawford
Kemp
Gonzalez
Ramirez
Ethier
Cruz
Ellis
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D Blue987
09-18-2012, 03:01 AM
I know we all love Cruz but.... Gordon brings something special and plus he gets Hanley the **** out of the shortstop position!!!! plus cruz off the bench would be niiiiiiiice!

1. Dee Gordon
2. Carl Crawford
3. Matt Kemp
4. Adrian Gonzalez
5. Hanley Ramirez
6. Andre Ethier
7. Mark Ellis?
8. A.J Ellis?
9. Pitcher's spot

That is very niiiiiiiiiice with Cruz, Hairston, Rivera, Herrera, and some backup catcher

= sick offense

hopefully a rotation of

Kershaw
Grienke
Billingsley
Beckett
Lilly

P.S - I think we should probably let Ellis go or put him on the bench and teach Cruz 2nd...he is a great defender and 2nd base is pretty easy to learn...

Gordon
Crawford
Kemp
Gonzalez
Ramirez
Ethier
Cruz
Ellis
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only give Dee a shot next year if Ellis leaves. He was atrocious in the leadoff spot for us this season. Pretty close to how bad Victorino is doing for us. If Ellis is still with us, you will see Gordon off the bench to start the season. If we have to make a big trade for a starting pitcher this offseason, I wouldnt be at all surprised to see Gordon leave in a big trade. He would be an attractive trading chip to other teams despite his poor play this season for us.

LASportsFan1996
09-18-2012, 03:06 AM
Gordon will be the starting SS, Ellis or not

Agar629
09-18-2012, 03:09 AM
Gordon will be the starting SS, Ellis or not

Dodger insider for you here folks.

LASportsFan1996
09-18-2012, 03:11 AM
It's not a far fetched guess, he's the future, he starts

Cimos21
09-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Ellis has 1 more year remaining on his contract. I would not be surprised if we see a year of transition where Cruz or Gordon will slowly transition into the starting role at 2nd base while Ellis sunsets his career to becoming our next Adam Kennedy (except doesnt get hurt on routine ground balls).

What if we left Cruz at third and moved Hanley to 2nd? Is it me or is Hanley's arm the weakest of the 3 (which it shouldnt be because he looks like the biggest). Either that or Hanley likes keeping AGon on his feet at first ...lol.

FernandoMania
09-18-2012, 12:31 PM
So we place our most consistent productive hitter AND fielder Cruz on the bench?? Yeah. Mattingly is probably thinking about that. :facepalm:

I don't care where Cruz plays...the guy could prob play anywhere..but the dudes earned his playing more than anybody else on this team this year. He doesn't get to keep the job forever....CAUSE NO ONE DOES. But he needs to decline before he's relegated to a substitute player or else were just idiots.

Mr. LA
09-18-2012, 01:22 PM
I think the thing with Cruz is.... you guys are thinking he is more then he really is because our offense was so bad this year and then he comes out of nowhere and hits .300 but in reality you could find a Cruz anywhere... He is hitting .295 with a little pop, below average speed, and solid defense.....Can you say MARCO SCUTARO....good solid player? yes of course but guys like him are not hard to find or aquire... then comes Dee Gordon... has he hit horrible this year? yes but he is undeniably the fastest man in all of baseball imo...the guys is literally a rocket.... if he gets on leading off...basically were going to score...He is likely going to get a stolen base and move to third off any ground ball and then score of any sac fly even if it's not that deep...his range is incredible and his defense will likely improve... I LOVE LUIS CRUZ but Dee Gordon can win games himself... I say we should start next year with Gordon if he struggles, we simply replace him with Cruuuuuuz.... it's not like we still won't have cruz off the bench... let's be serious though... Cruz has basically been Jerry Hairston of the 2nd half so lets stop saying he's been better then Andre Ethier this year.. plus Cruz hasn't even had all his AB's yet.... lets see if this guy can keep going...another thing Cruz isnt a rookie you know...He'll be 29 next year Dee is only 24 and their is obviously a reason Cruz has been in the minors for however many years...On that note I love Cruz but Gordon has potential to game game changing and not only that but he is absolutely electrfying to watch...Now on that note lol GO DODGERS!!!

quikslvr2269
09-18-2012, 01:31 PM
I think the thing with Cruz is.... you guys are thinking he is more then he really is because our offense was so bad this year and then he comes out of nowhere and hits .300 but in reality you could find a Cruz anywhere... He is hitting .295 with a little pop, below average speed, and solid defense.....Can you say MARCO SCUTARO....good solid player? yes of course but guys like him are not hard to find or aquire... then comes Dee Gordon... has he hit horrible this year? yes but he is undeniably the fastest man in all of baseball imo...the guys is literally a rocket.... if he gets on leading off...basically were going to score...He is likely going to get a stolen base and move to third off any ground ball and then score of any sac fly even if it's not that deep...his range is incredible and his defense will likely improve... I LOVE LUIS CRUZ but Dee Gordon can win games himself... I say we should start next year with Gordon if he struggles, we simply replace him with Cruuuuuuz.... it's not like we still won't have cruz off the bench... let's be serious though... Cruz has basically been Jerry Hairston of the 2nd half so lets stop saying he's been better then Andre Ethier this year.. plus Cruz hasn't even had all his AB's yet.... lets see if this guy can keep going...another thing Cruz isnt a rookie you know...He'll be 29 next year Dee is only 24 and their is obviously a reason Cruz has been in the minors for however many years...On that note I love Cruz but Gordon has potential to game game changing and not only that but he is absolutely electrfying to watch...Now on that note lol GO DODGERS!!!

He is when he's on the base paths......which is not very often.

FernandoMania
09-18-2012, 02:55 PM

1. .300 is a very good average on ANY team
2. Dee Gordon can't steal bases if he's not on base
3. Even Dee Gordon's defense was closer to sucky than good, while Cruz has been closer to spectacular than good on the field.
4. Luis Cruz has ALREADY won games for us by himself.
5. If Luis Cruz has only been Hairston-like we wouldn't be still in the WC race
6. Ok, sure. Cruz could bottom out tomorrow...but he hasn't yet.
7. 29 is NOT old
8. Who cares if Cruz spent 100 years in the minors??? He's raking and nabbing now.
9. Gordon has NOT been electrifying to watch man. Not that it matters, but I bet Cruz has a better highlight reel this season than Gordon. On BOTH O and D.
10. Final note...I think Dee needs to earn his spot. The years Cruz spent in the minors, staying the course and putting in the work and not losing heart, may have been the difference for him! Maybe Dee needs some character building time? I don't know. I don't if Cruz is going to keep this up....I just say Cruz has been our most consistent player this year, has hit super clutch, has been literally phenomenal on the field.....If he declines or Dee finds another level of performance, then fine. But don't just hand it over to Dee based on freakin potential.

YES! Let's Go DOdgers!!!

The1_Who_knocks
09-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Cruz earned being a starter .... I remember most of.you guys wanting to.get rid off dee earlier in the season and know.you want him to start?

blue bleeder09
09-18-2012, 05:15 PM
**** gordon he sucks , and dont give me this he's a game changer **** with his sub .200 BA hahaha. Cruz aint going anywhere

LASportsFan1996
09-18-2012, 05:22 PM
smfh, chance Cruz ain't on the team next year...

LOL @ Gordon sucks

Cimos21
09-18-2012, 06:26 PM
I love Cruz, and I think he is a great player. But man all this arguing on here, and I can't help but notice the names of the "Cruz homers". Would all this arguing be happening if Cruz was named Chang and was an Asian American?

FernandoMania
09-18-2012, 08:54 PM
I love Cruz, and I think he is a great player. But man all this arguing on here, and I can't help but notice the names of the "Cruz homers". Would all this arguing be happening if Cruz was named Chang and was an Asian American?

YESSSS! And by you claiming Cruz is a "great player", you out-homer me and nullify your own racial profiling.

Cimos21
09-19-2012, 01:54 PM
I like Cruz because of his play. I don't care about people's race. He is a great player right now, but I dont mean he is a Matt Kemp or a Eithier.

I am not a "Cruz Homer", I would consider "Cruz Homers" the people who think he should be batting in the top half of the lineup. Cruz is hitting great, but I think he should remain #6 or 7 hitter. I just observed that most people who think Cruz should be batting in the top half of the lineup have Latino based handles in PSD. I am simply making an observation, not profiling or anything, I have several Latino friends and I enjoy their company.