PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual PSD Player Rankings #7 Player In The NBA? (Volume: V)

Mile High Champ
09-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last four years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. The season is now over and the Heat have been crowned NBA champs which means its time to kick off the off-season player rankings.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron was labelled by some as Choke Artist in the clutch and now this year had one of the greatest finals performances in recent memory. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for two days and than we can carry on to the next best player in the league. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 4 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

Rules of adding players to the Voting Process

In terms of adding players to the poll, it will be done like this.

As soon as Derrick Rose goes off the board, I will add other PG's.
As soon as Kobe Bryant goes off the board, I will add other SG's
As soon as Kevin Love goes off the board, I will add other PF's.

And so on and so on..

This is to ensure that players that won their respective positions get a higher place in the list.

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Dwight Howard
4) Chris Paul
5) Kobe Bryant
6) Dwyane Wade
7)
8)
9)
10)

2011 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Dwight Howard
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Kobe Bryant
7) Kevin Durant
8) Derrick Rose
9) Deron Williams
10) Carmelo Anthony

2010 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Kevin Durant
5) Chris Paul
6) Dwight Howard
7) Carmelo Anthony
8) Dirk Nowitzki
9) Deron Williams
10) Tim Duncan - Pau Gasol Tie

2009 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwayne Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dwight Howard
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitzki
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Brandon Roy

sixer04fan
09-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Mile High, love these polls... Can we go beyond top 10 this year? A PSD top 25 rankings would be sick.

Lucky.
09-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Going Love here.

Mile High Champ
09-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Mile High, love these polls... Can we go beyond top 10 this year? A PSD top 25 rankings would be sick.

I might expand to 15. 25 is a little much I think.

Gators123
09-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Love.

Dade County
09-16-2012, 11:38 AM
rose was injured most of the year, so I might go with K love or bynum here.

jericho
09-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Love here like I've been saying b4 rose only played 40games he shldnt be voted in yet

Kashmir13579
09-16-2012, 11:46 AM
All you need is Love!

Jesse2272
09-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Love

had to factor in rose injury

JNoel
09-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Love for sure.

xxplayerxx23
09-16-2012, 12:16 PM
I clicked Rose by accident. I have it love, Rose,Westy-Maybe Melo gets in after that not sure.

ManningToTyree
09-16-2012, 12:25 PM

Agreed.

I got Love here. then it gets tough.

29$JerZ
09-16-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm not voting for Love since it will piss off Hawkeye.
Go Melo!

Hawkeye15
09-16-2012, 12:39 PM
With Rose's injury, this one is easy. Kevin Love.

Kashmir13579
09-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm not voting for Love since it will piss off Hawkeye.
Go Melo!

quoted

LAKERMANIA
09-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Love for sure.

Andrew32
09-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Gotta go with Bynum... but Love is probably the more logical choice.

20 / 10 / 2+bpg on 60%TS for most of last year and a really stellar playoffs with only 2-3 bad games in the entire run.

2nd best C in the league.

His defensive impact is much greater then Love's and offensively they are very close... could probably even argue for Drew on that end also.

Not sure why so many people sleep on his production/impact.

Knicks21
09-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Kevin Love based on stats, nothing else.

Bruno
09-16-2012, 03:47 PM
so what are we going to do with Rose?? if these rankings are base off last season, he should go next, right? how are we going to vote, considering his injury?

Fnom11
09-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Do people really think Kobe>Wade at this point in their careers lol?

Bruno
09-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Do people really think Kobe>Wade at this point in their careers lol?

yes, that's why he was voted to the all NBA First team (Wade was 3rd team) and thats why Kobe won the PSD SG poll by a considerable margin. Wade isn't a greenhorn himself, he'll be 31 in January.

JasonJohnHorn
09-16-2012, 04:41 PM
It's about time Love finally gets some love.

Fnom11
09-16-2012, 05:10 PM
yes, that's why he was voted to the all NBA First team (Wade was 3rd team) and thats why Kobe won the PSD SG poll by a considerable margin. Wade isn't a greenhorn himself, he'll be 31 in January.

Lol that's so sad.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Lol that's so sad.

I don't get what's sad. Did someone die? :confused:

DR_1
09-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Wait there wasn't even a poll for 6. There can't be because the guy there is so underserving.

SteBO
09-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Wait there wasn't even a poll for 6. There can't be because the guy there is so underserving.
Well considering that he's a top 5 player in reality, I'd agree with you.

LAKERMANIA
09-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Lol that's so sad.

Then don't watch.

Andrew32
09-16-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't get what's sad. Did someone die? :confused:

Yes, the legitimacy of All-NBA awards.
They died along time ago though.

:cry:

jerellh528
09-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Well considering that he's a top 5 player in reality, I'd agree with you.

I disagree

Bruno
09-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Lol that's so sad.

it is what it is. all this stuff is too political to get upset over.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Just win dammit!

unleashthebeast
09-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Should be Love here. I can live with Rose too though if he wins.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Dr. Love.

HMM I MISSED THE 6TH BEST PLAYER... WAS IT A LANDSLIDE? C:

Swashcuff
09-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Gotta go with Bynum... but Love is probably the more logical choice.

20 / 10 / 2+bpg on 60%TS for most of last year and a really stellar playoffs with only 2-3 bad games in the entire run.

2nd best C in the league.

His defensive impact is much greater then Love's and offensively they are very close... could probably even argue for Drew on that end also.

Not sure why so many people sleep on his production/impact.

I'm going to do what Hawkeye15 did last time around and argue against my own player.

There is really no possible way that one can argue Bynum being a better overall offensive player than Kevin Love. There is no question who has the better post game but in virtually every other aspect of offense Love has Drew. Being a 2nd/3rd option on offense and playing alongside a chucker like Kobe is only going to help his efficiency that's logical so despite the fact that he has an edge on Love in that area,

As for D I don't think there is any denying that Drew is solid player on that end of the floor but he isn't elite. By no means is he a liability or anything of that nature but his defense isn't what we'd consider as game changing IMO. We'll see how he does in a #1 capacity in Philly and I'm hoping that he does indeed become a better player than Kevin Love but until then given what Love has shown in the past year I think Love has the better shot here.

Bruno
09-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Love vs Bynum in interesting...

I think we'd all agree that Love is the better rebounder, and has been given the greater opportunity to become a scorer. Bynum is the better defensive anchor. Love has the higher basketball IQ from what I can tell. It's going to be real interesting to see what this comparison looks like after next year- when Love finally has a team that can fight for the 8th spot, when Bynum is the man on a solid team that will be formidable in the east.

LAKERMANIA
09-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Love vs. Bynum?

The thing Bynum has on Love is his length and height.. Love is a better scorer and rebounder, because of Bynum's length, Bynum is a better post defender..

Love.

NYKnicks4511
09-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Love.

Then Rose, then Melo, then . . .

Mile High Champ
09-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Love vs. Bynum?

The thing Bynum has on Love is his length and height.. Love is a better scorer and rebounder, because of Bynum's length, Bynum is a better post defender..

Love.

Actually Kevin Love is the better post defender. He gave up .69 PPP to Bynum's .72. Yes it is a small difference but Love was the better post defender last season.

Hawkeye15
09-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Love vs Bynum in interesting...

I think we'd all agree that Love is the better rebounder, and has been given the greater opportunity to become a scorer. Bynum is the better defensive anchor. Love has the higher basketball IQ from what I can tell. It's going to be real interesting to see what this comparison looks like after next year- when Love finally has a team that can fight for the 8th spot, when Bynum is the man on a solid team that will be formidable in the east.

We do know Bynum's post efficiency took a slight nosedive (still excellent, but not like the board crashing, cleanup man he was) when Mike turned him into the #1 post option last season, while Love has gotten stronger with more duties.

Hawkeye15
09-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Actually Kevin Love is the better post defender. He gave up .69 PPP to Bynum's .72. Yes it is a small difference but Love was the better post defender last season.

He also held his man to low 40% shooting. Love's defense isn't great, but its entirely underrated among basketball people. He puts you in bad spots with his strength, and if you miss, possession over. He will never swat 150 shots away in a season though.

Swashcuff
09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
We do know Bynum's post efficiency took a slight nosedive (still excellent, but not like the board crashing, cleanup man he was) when Mike turned him into the #1 post option last season, while Love has gotten stronger with more duties.

Doug is a better coach he'll get that efficiency back up there ;)

Hopefully :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
09-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Doug is a better coach he'll get that efficiency back up there ;)

Hopefully :laugh2:

He is a better coach. The problem with Bynum is he takes too much time, and doesn't see the floor well on double teams, which he will be getting nightly this season. Its up to his coaching staff to start teaching him to keep his eyes up, and not use the dribble so early. He also needs his players to present themselves in the lane, with sharp cuts. We will see what happens. Love has so much confidence, he KNOWS he is the best player on the floor almost every night, and he has started to act like it.

Chronz
09-16-2012, 07:53 PM

What do you mean by efficiency? Cuz technically both got less efficient and by no accident, less offensive rebounds when they became more of a go to option.

Hawkeye15
09-16-2012, 07:56 PM
What do you mean by efficiency? Cuz technically both got less efficient and by no accident, less offensive rebounds when they became more of a go to option.

Bynum dropped in post scoring efficiency, with a better option next to him. Love's role change to more of a perimeter oriented role, which took him away from the rim offensively (that may have very well been by choice), while Bynum's game just simply didn't evolve when given nearly 500 post opportunities last year. There is a direct correlation between usage and efficiency many times, but I think Love proved while a slight dip in efficiency happened, it still ranked very elite as a #1 option, while Bynum hasn't even been a #1 option, yet even given more freedom, still fell. I feel more comfortable with Love as a #1 than I do with Bynum.

Long story short, if we gauge Bynum from moving to a #3 to a #2, and see that he already drops behind Love as a #1, we can assume Bynum's fall will continue, even if he does stay elite, while we know exactly what Love offers in that role, which is top 5 efficiency in the league.

LAKERMANIA
09-16-2012, 08:23 PM

Well Bynum plays more help defense, I was speaking in terms of general defense, counting both man to man and help defense. I am not too sure about PPP allowed, but I dont think it takes the amount of times a player leaves his man to help into account.

Once again, I'm not sure if it does or not. Either way, having Bynum down low is quite intimidating for a guard to drive in, his length scares them away, and I take that into account in terms of defense. Man to man you're probably right.

jericho
09-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Love.

Then Rose, then Melo, then . . .

no no no
Love now then Melo then Rose

SteBO
09-16-2012, 08:28 PM
no no no
Love now then Melo then Rose
I think Melo vs. Rose is going to be an interesting debate for the next poll if we're going to factor in injuries.

beasted86
09-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Rose is better than Love, even if he played injured most the year.

Obviously the team is somewhat built around him, but the Bulls get worse if you replaced Rose with Love, and Love's stats would go drastically downward.

NYKnicksAllDay
09-16-2012, 08:32 PM
I think Melo vs. Rose is going to be an interesting debate for the next poll if we're going to factor in injuries.

I think all of the NY Homers will make it lean towards Melo. No way do I think Melo should go ahead of Rose though.

Swashcuff
09-16-2012, 08:33 PM

Obviously the team is somewhat built around him, but the Bulls get worse if you replaced Rose with Love, and Love's stats would go drastically downward.

Replace Love with Wade and start Bosh at the C and the Heat get better.

See what I did there?

mrblisterdundee
09-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Love here like I've been saying b4 rose only played 40games he shldnt be voted in yet

We're ranking how talented the players are, not how many games they played last season. And I voted for Kevin Love.

LAKERMANIA
09-16-2012, 08:38 PM

I agree completely, the next thread is going to be interesting.

BklynKnicks3
09-16-2012, 08:51 PM
love what a joke he cant tough guys like melo rose dwill rondo

Hawkeye15
09-16-2012, 08:57 PM

Why? Outside the posts I have read that you really don't think of Love as that good, tell me why the Bulls would get worse, and the Wolves would get better with a swap. The Bulls would now have no PG, that is about all I can agree with.

beasted86
09-16-2012, 08:58 PM

See what I did there?

What did you do? State your opinion?

I guess that is illegal nowadays. :shrug:

Hawkeye15
09-16-2012, 08:58 PM

See what I did there?

Replace Ryan Anderson with Love over the past 2 years, and Dwight just signed a monster extension. See what I did there?

beasted86
09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Why? Outside the posts I have read that you really don't think of Love as that good, tell me why the Bulls would get worse, and the Wolves would get better with a swap. The Bulls would now have no PG, that is about all I can agree with.

Nobody on that Bulls team can create shots at the volume of Rose or wreak havoc on a defense the way that he does. Love wouldn't help them very much in that department. His scoring and rebounds would go down some as a result of playing on a slower paced defensive team with other good rebounders and he wouldn't have anyone to get him the ball consistently in good spots.

On the other hand Rose would still do a lot of the same things and remain a similar impact player wherever he goes, but I don't know that the Wolves record would get a lot better.

NYKnicksAllDay
09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
love what a joke he cant tough guys like melo rose dwill rondo

Cool.

jericho
09-16-2012, 09:06 PM
We're ranking how talented the players are, not how many games they played last season. And I voted for Kevin Love.

true we are but out of those games can you really tell me which games drose actually made a big impact in the games he didnt have that many great games last season due to injuries he was great the season b4 but this 1 not so much
we are voting for the best players last season and if i do go by your logic lets say lebron playes 10 games next season and puts up his regular monster numbers does he desrve to be in the top 10???

jericho
09-16-2012, 09:08 PM
I think all of the NY Homers will make it lean towards Melo. No way do I think Melo should go ahead of Rose though.

based on last season melo had more of an impact than rose did i hate melo and i have to admit to that

Hawkeye15
09-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Nobody on that Bulls team can create shots at the volume of Rose or wreak havoc on a defense the way that he does.

Love has had a player anywhere near him that can do this?

Love wouldn't help them very much in that department. His scoring and rebounds would go down some as a result of playing on a slower paced defensive team with other good rebounders and he wouldn't have anyone to get him the ball consistently in good spots.

And Rose's effect would dwindle with no scorers around him, or any defensive presence, which Love played with his first 3 years+. One great player on a team full of crap means losses. Please don't act like the Bulls didn't skip 12 teams in the lottery, after a underachieving year, to grab Rose, who they had no business getting. Imagine a team that was in the playoffs the year prior, and missed due to choking, getting Love.

On the other hand Rose would still do a lot of the same things and remain a similar impact player wherever he goes, but I don't know that the Wolves record would get a lot better.

"Impact". You just stated it. How do you define it? Rose's roster support has exponentially dwarfed Love's. So I don't get your beef here.

knickerbockerny
09-16-2012, 09:42 PM
I think Kashmir said it in one of these threads, but PSD is getting dumber.

I view Kevin Love in the same category as say a David Lee or a Damarcus Cousins. If Kevin Love is ranked 7, that would make Damarcus Cousins close to the top 10. Both have not sniffed the playoffs but put up good stats for losing teams.

We need consistency with these rankings.

jimm120
09-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Rose was out TONS this season...and will be out for 4/5 of the following season...

...just saying.

Swashcuff
09-16-2012, 09:58 PM
based on last season melo had more of an impact than rose did i hate melo and i have to admit to that

Back this statement and I'll go Melo ahead of Rose. Until then I'll be going Rose, Bynum, Bynum and Dirk among others ahead of Melo.

The Bulls record with Rose in the line-up last season was 32-7. That's a .821 winning %. If Melo had more of an impact than that I'll surely take him next. Now can you sell that to me?

jericho
09-16-2012, 09:58 PM

I view Kevin Love in the same category as say a David Lee or a Damarcus Cousins. If Kevin Love is ranked 7, that would make Damarcus Cousins close to the top 10. Both have not sniffed the playoffs but put up good stats for losing teams.

just because your team makes it to the playoffs doesnt mean your player is better it means he has better teammates that is all love had monster numbers 7th place is fine when he starts gettin deep into the playoffs he will be even higher

just b4 you say anything i am a knick fan 2

Swashcuff
09-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Rose was out TONS this season...and will be out for 4/5 of the following season...

...just saying.

4/5s? Wow you must be Derrick Rose's personal physician if you have such profound knowledge of his injury.

You're not just saying anything. When he played last season he was better than anyone on this list other than Love and he had the greatest impact of any of these players. I got Love here but had Rose stayed healthy last season he would have gone ahead of Love IMO.

b@llhog24
09-16-2012, 10:05 PM

I'm sure Kash didn't mean that.

jericho
09-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Back this statement and I'll go Melo ahead of Rose. Until then I'll be going Rose, Bynum, Bynum and Dirk among others ahead of Melo.

The Bulls record with Rose in the line-up last season was 32-7. That's a .821 winning %. If Melo had more of an impact than that I'll surely take him next. Now can you sell that to me?

im not a stats guru or anything like that i base my opinion on watchin the games if you want to have a stats argument find somebody else im way to lazy for that

and ewe bynum over melo bynum is extremly overrated and a headcase good luck with him not tryin to troll cuz i do think he gonna do good just his immaturity and dirk at this point in his carrer 2 over melo again maybe 2 yrs ago but not rite now rose when healthy he is way better than melo ill give you that 1

jericho
09-16-2012, 10:08 PM
4/5s? Wow you must be Derrick Rose's personal physician if you have such profound knowledge of his injury.

You're not just saying anything. When he played last season he was better than anyone on this list other than Love and he had the greatest impact of any of these players. I got Love here but had Rose stayed healthy last season he would have gone ahead of Love IMO.

not really he was almost out for half the season so more like 2.7/5

sorry my bad miss read the hole thing lol

Swashcuff
09-16-2012, 10:10 PM
im not a stats guru or anything like that i base my opinion on watchin the games if you want to have a stats argument find somebody else im way to lazy for that

and ewe bynum over melo bynum is extremly overrated and a headcase good luck with him not tryin to troll cuz i do think he gonna do good just his immaturity and dirk at this point in his carrer 2 over melo again maybe 2 yrs ago but not rite now rose when healthy he is way better than melo ill give you that 1

Impact at stats are two totally different things.

No one mentioned anything about stats what are you even talking about. I'd like you to construct a simple post as to why you think Melo has such a great impact.

jericho
09-16-2012, 10:25 PM

Impact at stats are two totally different things.

No one mentioned anything about stats what are you even talking about. I'd like you to construct a simple post as to why you think Melo has such a great impact.

the way you talked in that first post makes it seem like you wanted stats my bad if i misunderstood that
but to give you a couple of reason the bulls teams was constrocted way much better than the knicks rose went out to injury and the bulls were able to maintain a top seed im not gonna go in to stats cuz again im lazy but the previous yr rose numbers were way better than this yrs melo"S numbers this yr were better than him but thats a discussion for the next thread
your entitled to your opinion and i am to mine i know rose is gonna win the next 1 but in my opinion it should be melo

beasted86
09-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Love has had a player anywhere near him that can do this?

And Rose's effect would dwindle with no scorers around him, or any defensive presence, which Love played with his first 3 years+. One great player on a team full of crap means losses. Please don't act like the Bulls didn't skip 12 teams in the lottery, after a underachieving year, to grab Rose, who they had no business getting. Imagine a team that was in the playoffs the year prior, and missed due to choking, getting Love.

You missed my point. My opinion wasn't based on a Bulls success vs. Wolves success, it was on the Bulls potential success if you put Love on the team instead of Rose. You going on about what help Love has had and hasn't had went off topic. My opinion is Love would not be able to score and create at the same level as Rose if he were on the Bulls and his stats would go down, and the team's wins would go down. Because Love scored more points than Rose last season doesn't automatically mean he is a better scorer. The pace of the team he plays on, his usage rate and assisted percentage all factor in. And as far as intangible leadership I think Rose has him beat as well. I don't know any single fan who would have traded Rose before the injury for Love.

"Impact". You just stated it. How do you define it? Rose's roster support has exponentially dwarfed Love's. So I don't get your beef here.

See above. I think Rose has an overall greater impact on the game from an offensive standpoint. I think he is a better scorer, and with his passing and overall ability to break down a defense and draw doubles and make the plays work is greater than Love. Neither are good defenders.

jericho
09-16-2012, 10:30 PM
i cant believe im defending melo wtf is wrong with me

Baller1
09-17-2012, 01:08 AM
I went with Rose, but seeing that K Love will win... I have Rose next then.

Hawkeye15
09-17-2012, 01:21 AM
You missed my point. My opinion wasn't based on a Bulls success vs. Wolves success, it was on the Bulls potential success if you put Love on the team instead of Rose.

No, I got that.

You going on about what help Love has had and hasn't had went off topic. My opinion is Love would not be able to score and create at the same level as Rose if he were on the Bulls and his stats would go down, and the team's wins would go down.

Disagree, but the Wolves win total would not increase if you simply swapped them, Rose would be the only offense they had over the past 3 years, just like Love was.

Because Love scored more points than Rose last season doesn't automatically mean he is a better scorer. The pace of the team he plays on, his usage rate and assisted percentage all factor in. And as far as intangible leadership I think Rose has him beat as well. I don't know any single fan who would have traded Rose before the injury for Love.

Love and Rose are two 23 year olds that any team would kill to build around. However, going into next season, Love will be going for 25-14 game one, while Rose will be rehabbing until the all star break at the very least. That is why Love is the easy answer here.

See above. I think Rose has an overall greater impact on the game from an offensive standpoint. I think he is a better scorer, and with his passing and overall ability to break down a defense and draw doubles and make the plays work is greater than Love. Neither are good defenders.

So Love's elite offensive efficiency isn't enough for you until he gets teammates worthy of getting him into the playoffs. Cool. He has it now, imho. Let's see what happens.

BklynKnicks3
09-17-2012, 01:25 AM
It's amazing how love is ranked this high players below 500 shouldn't even be top 15, those same people hate on Melo for losing in first round to 6 nba finals teams, Rose n Melo is close I go with Melo because I seen rose shut down by lebron n who knows if he will ever be the same. Like rose wish him health.

SteBO
09-17-2012, 07:31 AM
Call me when Love's failures to make the postseason continues if/when he gets a strong supporting cast. Not easy to make the playoffs in a tough Western Conference if you don't have any help, to add to your better players getting hurt.

Dade County
09-17-2012, 08:58 AM

Their will be NO consistency in these forums/threads... Thank the Kobe Loyalist.

You are worried about Love finishing in-front of rose/melo.. I SAY SO WHAT, this entire voting process has been tainted already.

Swashcuff
09-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Their will be NO consistency in these forums/threads... Thank the Kobe Loyalist.

You are worried about Love finishing in-front of rose/melo.. I SAY SO WHAT, this entire voting process has been tainted already.

I'm no Laker fan nor am I a fan of Kobe being ahead of Wade but lets not act like Laker fans are the only homers on this site. Damn near every vote for Melo has been made by a Knick fan and almost the same can be said for Rose. I'll tell you one think however these threads are A LOT more consistent since MHC has instituted this system.

jericho
09-17-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm no Laker fan nor am I a fan of Kobe being ahead of Wade but lets not act like Laker fans are the only homers on this site. Damn near every vote for Melo has been made by a Knick fan and almost the same can be said for Rose. I'll tell you one think however these threads are A LOT more consistent since MHC has instituted this system.

i agree with you on this i have tried to stay as unbiased as possible you know sometimes the homerism kicks in lol

sixer04fan
09-17-2012, 09:53 AM
I went Rose, but Love winning here is okay with me.

Da Knicks
09-17-2012, 10:09 AM
I think K Love is being overrated bigtime now, can this guy make the playoffs before we rank him so high?

Da Knicks
09-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Call me when Love's failures to make the postseason continues if/when he gets a strong supporting cast. Not easy to make the playoffs in a tough Western Conference if you don't have any help, to add to your better players getting hurt.

The same posters who dog on Melo for not making it passed the first round while in the west give this guy a pass i dont get it.

Swashcuff
09-17-2012, 10:14 AM
The same posters who dog on Melo for not making it passed the first round while in the west give this guy a pass i dont get it.

Could you name and point out these posters? Because for the most part I can see that those voting for Love are the more rational minded posters around here.

In what way was Carmelo Anthony better than Kevin Love last season?

SteBO
09-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Well at that point, you're just looking at one aspect and the people who dog Melo for that say so when comparing him to the likes of LeBron. This is a different case. When you also consider that Love is better defender and is more efficient offensively, I don't think there's any question that Love should be regarded as the better player.

Sportfan
09-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Dirk is next

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-17-2012, 10:18 AM
can we move on to number 8 now? lol

jericho
09-17-2012, 10:21 AM
yep next round is gonna be interesting can you guys wait so i can buy popcorn and read everything lol

JordansBulls
09-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Kinda surprised Love won this here.

Swashcuff
09-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Kinda surprised Love won this here.

You're kinda surprised that the best player won? You must really think very little of PSD.