PDA

View Full Version : Which player will be the biggest bust next season?

JNoel
09-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Whether they got a big contract or not, who do you think will be a bust?

I think it will be Jeremy Lin, he's coming of surgery, and just received a lucrative contract. He just won't mount up to the pressure/expectations, which can create problems with the Rockets.

IndyHeatjman
09-15-2012, 05:19 PM

I think it will be Jeremy Lin, he's coming of surgery, and just received a lucrative contract. He just won't mount up to the pressure, which can create problems with the Rockets.

Agreed. Asik is another potential bust for them i think. He'll probably start for them and i don't think he has the talent to deliver Starter numbers night in and night out.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-15-2012, 05:19 PM
KoMe CRYant

#amnesty

IndyHeatjman
09-15-2012, 05:24 PM
KoMe CRYant

#amnesty

Didn't even think about Bryant as a bust...but he's getting paid like 30M this season and might not deliver even 20ppg this season. I would consider that a huge bust too.

JNoel
09-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Joe Johnson is another candidate, he might only average somewhere close to 15 points per game considering he is splitting possessions with many guys and being paid big bucks.

StarvingKnick22
09-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Brook Lopez, Jeremy, Ant Davis

DeyAce
09-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Lin for sure

EDUTEXANS
09-15-2012, 05:40 PM
I bet this thread will get out of control soon but anyways...

I agree on Lin, I think he's got a good chance of bust, but I also think he's got the potential to be an all-star caliber and even an underpayed player in 2 years. Asik is probably a better answer, he only played 15 minutes a game last season and he's got to prove he can stay on the floor for starting minutes, without being on foul trouble and getting simlar stats as his per36 last season, if he can't do that, 8 million for a backup center is too much. But even so, 8 million for role players isn't that much comparing to all the max contract thrown this offseason.

mvb815
09-15-2012, 05:41 PM
lin looked good in that post surgery street game, he looked bigger too.

i hope it's not true but i don't think kyle lowry will live up to the expectations fans have for him in toronto

beasted86
09-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Didn't even think about Bryant as a bust...but he's getting paid like 30M this season and might not deliver even 20ppg this season. I would consider that a huge bust too.

Its not even questionable that he will fail to play up to that contract amount. Everybody talks about Joe Johnson, but Kobe is going to make $28M.

My pick is Anthony Davis. I just think he will get outplayed by 4-5 other rookies.

heyman321
09-15-2012, 05:52 PM

I think it will be Jeremy Lin, he's coming of surgery, and just received a lucrative contract. He just won't mount up to the pressure/expectations, which can create problems with the Rockets.

Don't agree at all. Lin will be starter worthy, but not-allstar. He has NO pressure to perform. The rockets aren't expected to even make the playoffs, they know they're rebuilding. He won't be in NY media day in and day out.

And seriously, look at the Rockets roster. Lin is the 2nd best player on it behind Kevin Martin.

Chill_Will_24
09-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Carlos Boozer and Amare. Joe Johnson maybe but not likely. He does well in the regular season and if anything Deron will compliment him now that he doesnt have to carry an entire offensive load. He regresses in the playoffs badly though so if we are counting playoffs Joe could definitely be a bust for the Nets

Chill_Will_24
09-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Its not even questionable that he will fail to play up to that contract amount. Everybody talks about Joe Johnson, but Kobe is going to make $28M.

My pick is Anthony Davis. I just think he will get outplayed by 4-5 other rookies.

Absolutely no way. That kid is as sure a player as we have seen since Lebron. Those kind of defensive instincts and physical tools are rare. There were times when for team USA coach K went with Davis instead of Love for long stretches.

JNoel
09-15-2012, 05:56 PM
I personally think that Asik will have a good season, definitely not play up to what his contract is worth, but a great defensive player who might develop an offensive game.

DoMeFavors
09-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Brook Lopez, Jeremy, Ant Davis

How can Brook be a bust he has been in the league 4 years now and is a scoring threat?

douglas
09-15-2012, 06:04 PM
I think a player that is a bust is a player that is expected to play basketball really well, but then the player does not end up playing basketball really well.

IndyHeatjman
09-15-2012, 06:06 PM
I hate to say it but Hibbert is a potential bust too. Making 14M each season for the next 4 seasons...I personally as a fan have high expectations of him...and 12ppg and 8rpg is not enough to justify a max contract. Anthony Davis will not be a bust IMO. Kobe gets my vote...28M this year...IMO he would have to Avg at least 25 ppg( which is his career average) to make that contract worth it but there's no way he can deliver those kind of numbers this year.

jerellh528
09-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Dwayne wade, hes coming off knee surgery, which is very hard to recover from. Plus he is older and his game is tailored more towards explosiveness and driving to the hoop..with his age and injury history and lack of perimeter scoring competency , i see him failing to meet expectations this year...quote me. But hopefully lebron can cover some of it up for him.

BSardogan
09-15-2012, 06:20 PM
I think a player that is a bust is a player that is expected to play basketball really well, but then the player does not end up playing basketball really well.

I can't believe I still read all your posts every time, eventhough I already know exactly what's coming. :clap:

--23--
09-15-2012, 06:22 PM

:laugh: :laugh: great post

Byronicle
09-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Jeremy Lin

He doesn't have the element of surprise anymore. Teams are going to watch videos on him and develop a defensive plan on this guy

Essentially he got hot but that is coming to an end. He has high expectations on himself with his big head and when he starts to falter, he will drop

More-Than-Most
09-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Lin/Lopez/Wade/Joe Johnson

The Knicks losing lin is the best thing that could have happened to them and they will realize this quickly this season

NYY 26 to 7
09-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Absolutely no way. That kid is as sure a player as we have seen since Lebron. Those kind of defensive instincts and physical tools are rare. There were times when for team USA coach K went with Davis instead of Love for long stretches.

This is a crazy statement. It's one thing to think he won't be a bust but another to say he's the most sure thing since lebron. Exactly what you just said is what people said about Oden so relax on anything being for sure. Second he never played on team USA in any meaningful minutes. Did you watch? He certainly didn't play over Love. The best thing he did for team USA was forget to wear his jersey that one game.

NBA-GMaster
09-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Asik..

mrblisterdundee
09-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Elliott Williams is currently the biggest bust for my team. I don't know who it will be next year - maybe Wesley Matthews will some how poke his eye out while doing "Three Goggles" and retire from the NBA half-blind at the ripe age of 26.

aLau10
09-16-2012, 12:54 AM
lin looked good in that post surgery street game, he looked bigger too.

i hope it's not true but i don't think kyle lowry will live up to the expectations fans have for him in toronto

Kyle Lowry better live up to the expectations! Man we really need him along with Valanciunus and Ross to bring us even CLOSE to a playoff spot... =/

Chill_Will_24
09-16-2012, 01:03 AM
This is a crazy statement. It's one thing to think he won't be a bust but another to say he's the most sure thing since lebron. Exactly what you just said is what people said about Oden so relax on anything being for sure. Second he never played on team USA in any meaningful minutes. Did you watch? He certainly didn't play over Love. The best thing he did for team USA was forget to wear his jersey that one game.

Did the OP say anything about injury? As i understand it it was purely a question about basketball talent and performance. As far as team USA i suggest you watch again. Coach K went with Davis a lot of times.

Based on his skills alone i would say he is the most sure fire star since Lebron. You just cant teach the things that he does. You are talking about a player that can defend every position. What other player besides Lebron can do that? His defensive talents alone make it certain he will be a good player in this league.

IDunknown
09-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Did the OP say anything about injury? As i understand it it was purely a question about basketball talent and performance. As far as team USA i suggest you watch again. Coach K went with Davis a lot of times.

Based on his skills alone i would say he is the most sure fire star since Lebron. You just cant teach the things that he does. You are talking about a player that can defend every position. What other player besides Lebron can do that? His defensive talents alone make it certain he will be a good player in this league.

Jared Jeffries can do that.

Knicks21
09-16-2012, 02:29 AM
Jared Jeffries can do that.

Dominic McGuire can do that.

IndyHeatjman
09-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Dominic McGuire can do that.

lol.no. Mcguire on Hibbert or Howard...haha not gonna work. James or Jeffries on the other hand could do it. Jeffries isn't as quick or athletic as he used to be so no to him on guarding every position. The only people in history who can play all positions well defensively and offensively would have to be Magic Johnson and Lebron James. Thats it...end of list. No exceptions.

imagesrdecievin
09-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Andrew Bogut and Aaron Afflalo.

Kashmir13579
09-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Anyone who thinks Jeremy Lin will be a bust doesn't know basketball period. Thats my stance. There is no way from this point forward that he won't be a very solid basketball player. Maybe not an all-star, but he won't be a scrub. The knock that he's overpaid in the fourth year or w/e is arbitrary. Big deal. He'll be worth that contract and it may even end up being a discount.

Kashmir13579
09-16-2012, 11:01 AM
I swear i'm in the minority of people on here who actually watch NBA. Either that or people are inherently racist, as much as i hate to play that card.

I Rock Shaqs
09-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Ben Gorden lol. I don't think he will give the Bobcats that true scoring punch that they really need.

2-ONE-5
09-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Felton, Asik, Lin, Amare, JJ

2-ONE-5
09-16-2012, 08:31 PM
I swear i'm in the minority of people on here who actually watch NBA. Either that or people are inherently racist, as much as i hate to play that card.

um he played what 28 games and is coming off major knee surgery and playing for a much worse team in a much tougher conference. but yea your right most of us are just re-***** for thinking he will be a bust

koreancabbage
09-16-2012, 08:37 PM
I think Lin is going to be a bust, not b/c he can't play the game- I just don't think he'll have the running mates like he did in NY. Throwing into the likes of Stoudemire and Chandler and average-decent wing players. He'll put up 15-18 points and like 8-9 assists but he'll do everything like low 40%/ high 30% shooting and like equivalent turnovers to his assists

beasted86
09-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Lin had his run, but I don't know anything he is really exceptional at that he can hang his hat on for the rest of his career that will drive him to be a star type PG.

He isn't a great outside shooter, not really a pure passer, doesn't have elite athleticism, isn't a volume scorer, nor a good defender. He's just crafty and has a high basketball IQ, but I'm not sure how far that will carry him.

That said, I don't agree with the bust tag. I think he'll be an average PG like Jameer Nelson who has been paid the same $7-8+M over the past couple seasons and nobody called him overpaid.

BklynKnicks3
09-16-2012, 08:53 PM
wade continues the decline out the top 10. Lin is to easy of a pick

MintBerryCrunch
09-16-2012, 09:02 PM

Kobe will definitely average close to 25 a game haha