PDA

View Full Version : Knicks/Thunder

LJEATON26
09-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Thunder receive C Tyson Chandler (3 year, 13.6 Million in 2012), G Iman Shumpert (3 year, 1.6 Million in 2012), SF Steve Novak (4 year, 4.0 Million in 2012) and future 1st round pick.

Knicks receive C Kendrick Perkins (3 year, 7.8 Million in 2012), G James Harden (S&T 4 year 60 Million and 5.8 in 2012) and F/C Cole Aldrich (2 year, 2.5 Million in 2012.)

Reason for Thunder- They upgrade at C offensively and defensive with swapping chandler and Perkins. They get a sharpshooter in Novak and a good young guard in Shumpert.

Reason for Knicks - They get a defensive center to put by amare and an All Star Caliber Guard that can handle the ball. Aldrich is still a project but could be a nice bench roll player.

Thunder Depth Chart
Westbrook, Maynor, Jackson
Sefolosha, Shumpert, Cook
Durant, Novak, Hayward
Ibaka, Perry Jones
Chandler, Collison, Thabeet

Knicks Depth Chart
Felton, Kidd, Prigioni
Harden, Smith, Brewer
Anthony, White, Copeland
Stoudamire, Aldrich, Thomas
Perkins, Camby

IndiansFan337
09-15-2012, 02:00 PM
The Thunder aren't going to do this trade. OKC had a trade worked out to land Chandler at the trade deadline the year before he ended up with Dallas, but he failed his physical and the trade got voided. He is a big upgrade over Perkins, so if they could have completed that trade they would likely be a much better team right now. And they could have hung onto Jeff Green or swapped him for someone other than Perkins.

EDUTEXANS
09-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Why would the Thunder do this? They think they won't be able to re-sign Harden because it will demand a max contract, then they do this trade and they have to pay the same amount of money to Tyson Chandler? Oh come on...

OKC
09-15-2012, 05:06 PM
i think we can afford giving harden a chandler like contract but not max.
what i like about this trade is the possible defensive line up:
westbrook
shump
sefo
ibaka
chandler
insane.
with that said, chandler is not very good offensively and he is 29.
we can do better than that.

IndyHeatjman
09-15-2012, 05:44 PM
i think we can afford giving harden a chandler like contract but not max.
what i like about this trade is the possible defensive line up:
westbrook
shump
sefo
ibaka
chandler
insane.
with that said, chandler is not very good offensively and he is 29.
we can do better than that.
^Ibaka + Chandler in the Post on defense=Block Party. I dont think this trade would work out for either team in the end though. It seems best for the Thunder to just resign Harden and Keep what they got because Chandler is not sufficient enough of an upgrade on Perkins and Harden is > shumpert and chandler combined~> As far as potential star power goes.

LJEATON26
09-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Why would the Thunder do this? They think they won't be able to re-sign Harden because it will demand a max contract, then they do this trade and they have to pay the same amount of money to Tyson Chandler? Oh come on...

Thats why Perkins and his 8 million dollar contract would be included. Next season when Hardens new contract kicks in the Thunder would save a significant amount of money. Plus they would pick up a NY draft pick and with their track record that is a good thing.

KnickaBocka.44
09-15-2012, 08:07 PM
The Knicks probably wouldn't do this deal either. Perkins is just god awful and they already have the defensive player of the year at C.

EDIT: Not that I wouldn't love Harden on the team, but Shumpert came on strong offensively towards the end of the season so he could develop into a good all around player and Chandler is too important to our defense with Amare being such a liability on that end of the floor.

gambitx777
09-16-2012, 12:27 PM
im not sure this makes sense for either team. plus, novak can not be traded till January.

EDUTEXANS
09-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Thats why Perkins and his 8 million dollar contract would be included. Next season when Hardens new contract kicks in the Thunder would save a significant amount of money. Plus they would pick up a NY draft pick and with their track record that is a good thing.

They can amnesty Perkins.

LJEATON26
09-17-2012, 09:22 PM

and if they amnesty Perkins their starting center is cole alriche or hasheem thabeet. If they make the trade then Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, Chandler, Shumpert, Novak and Perry Jones are all signed until the 2015 and 16 season.

nyKnicks126
09-19-2012, 04:15 PM

No, The Knicks already used the amnesty clause on Chauncey Billups.

EDUTEXANS
09-19-2012, 07:12 PM
No, The Knicks already used the amnesty clause on Chauncey Billups.

I meant the Thunder. The Knicks coudn't even amnesty him if they hadn't used it on Billups, since you can use it on a player traded after the new CBA was signed.

StarvingKnick22
09-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Total Rape.

WhoDatFan
09-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Why would the Thunder do this? Tyson Chandler is a upgrade on offense?!

EDUTEXANS
09-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Why would the Thunder do this? Tyson Chandler is a upgrade on offense?!

Over Perkins, yes.

Deception
10-01-2012, 12:02 AM
You guys know you're taking a lot from Shumpert by asking why would the Thunder do this.. I like the trade from my perspective, Thunder get a better C and a great replacement at SG and a 1st for basically a guy who they're unsure if they can afford to sign.

HouRealCoach
10-03-2012, 12:03 PM
I think this is bad for the Knicks... Without Chandler their defense would be pitiful

We sure as hell don't want Perkins crybaby ***