PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hansen & Seattle To Pursue Purchase Of NBA Team

Punk
09-14-2012, 09:22 PM
You know David Stern is going to push this.

Chris Hansen and the city of Seattle have an agreement to build a new arena, an important step in bringing an NBA team back to the area to play under the Sonics' name.

It means a lot to the NBA, Hansen said. Theyve been watching very close to what were doing. I think going in they were very skeptical we would get to this point given our history in Seattle.

Its a great win for the city with the league.

Hansen is cautioning the optimism that a team could be in Seattle by next season.

I think its conceivable, that would be optimistic and that is not an expectation I would not want to set, he said. I worry that people are expecting us to get this deal done and it be like magic and a team would be here this year. Its like, Poof and weve got a deal done and where is our team? This is a far more difficult process. I think anybody who is intimately familiar with the NBA knows this is a tough next face we have to go through.

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/223502/Hansen_Can_Now_Pursue_Purchase_Of_NBA_Team_With_Ar ena_Deal_Done#ixzz26UrZYsVa

Any guesses on what team that will be sold/moved? The only teams with a uncertain future is the Kings and Grizzlies.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Probably better to move the Kings out of Sacramento and move them to Seattle. However, as a result, I feel like they should be in the NW division with the Thunder, Jazz, Nuggets and Wolves while the Blazers should then be moved to the Pac-Division alongside the Lakeshow, Clips, Warriors and Suns.

Baller1
09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
I'll say it again, just give us our team back. Problem solved.

StarvingKnick22
09-14-2012, 09:39 PM
I'd rather have nothing then Kings moved to Seattle. Seriously, they haven't had any good teams in a while besides the Storm. A new team or bust. Kings move to Virginia.

MagicBucsSox
09-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Chris Hansen from "to catch a predator"?

Dade County
09-14-2012, 09:41 PM
OKC needs to go back...

The NBA can create a new team or ship the bobcats to Oklahoma... Lets see those fans stand up the entire game screaming like mad men now.

I just don't understand they go crazy for simple lay ups...etc

RealLiveBear
09-14-2012, 09:44 PM
OKC needs to go back...

The NBA can create a new team or ship the bobcats to Oklahoma... Lets see those fans stand up the entire game screaming like mad men now.

I just don't understand they go crazy for simple lay ups...etc

Don't understand passionate fans?

Punk
09-14-2012, 09:47 PM
OKC cannot go back. Teams that move sign a 30 year to 50 year deal to stay within that city in that arena.

jericho
09-14-2012, 09:52 PM
why dont they just add another team along seattle like vancouver or something sacto when they have a good team that fanbase is 1 of the best 1s i remember back when they had c-webb vlade and company that court was always full
they should do what they did with the bobcats but with seattle and the other new team have teams protect 8 players and let the new teams have a draft with the other players available plus they get there own draft picks 2 so it works out then distribute the teams that way there is 16 teams per conference

yeah i know is to much and it aint gonna happen i just hate to see that team from sacto go

Dade County
09-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Don't understand passionate fans?

It's not even like that... Sacramento had VERY passionate fans, when they used to challenge the Lakers.

OKC fans are just screaming and standing more then half the time for NO reason...

For the past two years I have been like WTF is wrong with them.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-14-2012, 09:58 PM
It's not even like that... Sacramento had VERY passionate fans, when they used to challenge the Lakers.

OKC fans are just screaming and standing more then half the time for NO reason...

For the past two years I have been like WTF is wrong with them.

You're right, they need to be more like Heat fans, right? :rolleyes:

topdog
09-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Probably better to move the Kings out of Sacramento and move them to Seattle. However, as a result, I feel like they should be in the NW division with the Thunder, Jazz, Nuggets and Wolves while the Blazers should then be moved to the Pac-Division alongside the Lakeshow, Clips, Warriors and Suns.

Why would Blazers move out of the NW? They and Seattle were the closet teams in the Northwest Division so you'd either re-align a bunch of teams and put Portland and Seattle with the California teams or add OKC, Utah or Denver to the Pacific Division.

Which, I feel like it is time to make some adjustments to the NBA map. The Northwest division is so far apart and Memphis is further east than a number of Eastern Conference teams.

jericho
09-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Why would Blazers move out of the NW? They and Seattle were the closet teams in the Northwest Division so you'd either re-align a bunch of teams and put Portland and Seattle with the California teams or add OKC, Utah or Denver to the Pacific Division.

Which, I feel like it is time to make some adjustments to the NBA map. The Northwest division is so far apart and Memphis is further east than a number of Eastern Conference teams.

got to agree with you on that

Dade County
09-14-2012, 10:03 PM
You're right, they need to be more like Heat fans, right? :rolleyes:

Can't happen, their is NO place like Miami :D

So you really can't emulate the people here.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Can't happen, their is NO place like Miami :D

So you really can't emulate the people here.

Miami = South LA, Wannabe LA. ;)

Punk
09-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Geographically, the divisions in the NBA should be if Seattle is included.

Atlantic Division:
-Manhattan, NY
-Brooklyn, NY
-Boston
-Philadelphia
-Washington

Central Division:
-Chicago
-Indiana
-Toronto
-Detroit
-Cleveland

Southeast:
-Miami
-Orlando
-Atlanta
-Charlotte
-Memphis

Southwest:
-Oklahoma City
-Dallas
-Houston
-San Antonio
-New Orleans

Northwest:
-Minnesota
-Milwaukee
-Denver
-Seattle
-Portland

Pacific:
-LA Lakers
-LA Clippers
-Golden State/San Fransisco
-Utah
-Phoenix

Cal827
09-14-2012, 10:17 PM

All I'm going to say, is that if you are invited to the stadium, but all you see on the court is a table with cookies... run the **** away!!

TeamSeattle
09-14-2012, 10:21 PM
This ******* just keeps getting betta and better. Just tell me when so I can buy my season tickets. I say we can get the Kings, sorry Sacramento but its bound to happen now. Why move somewhere else in California when the 13th largest market is without a team, it's a done deal.

JNA17
09-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Damn sorry nvm

UPRock
09-14-2012, 10:38 PM
So this turned into a Heat Vs. Lakers thread? This is about Seattle people so STFU!

I think realistically the team that's going to be sold is the Kings. The other team that I can see going there is the Bobcats, but Jordan loves North Carolina.

JNoel
09-14-2012, 10:42 PM
I think the Heat are better than the Lakers. ;)

naps
09-14-2012, 10:48 PM
As harsh as it sounds like Seattle should get their old team back. People who think this sounds harsh please think about how the amazing fans of Seattle felt when they lost their team and budding superstar in 2007. Fix that first then you can fix the hearts of OKC fans.

krazylegz
09-14-2012, 11:05 PM
dateline nbc's predators chris hanson??

Bruno
09-14-2012, 11:09 PM
...there's something you should know. I'm Chris Hansen...

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/frightnight_02/chris_hansen_dateline_nbc.jpg

:laugh2:

NYKNYGNYY
09-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Okc deserves to keep the thunder , they are the most passionate fans ...give them the warriors clippers or kings California has a lot of teams , Seattle got screwed the thunder got nasty when they left ..also i could see the raptors.going there ....f canada lol jk.who doesn't love Canada Ehh

JLynn943
09-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Okc deserves to keep the thunder , they are the most passionate fans ...give them the warriors clippers or kings California has a lot of teams , Seattle got screwed the thunder got nasty when they left ..also i could see the raptors.going there ....f canada lol jk.who doesn't love Canada Ehh

So OKC should get to keep their team because they have passionate fans when they're one of the best teams in the league, but the Kings don't? Kings fans were every bit as passionate as OKC fans (if not more) when the Kings were actually good. It's not the fans' fault the owners suck.

knicksfan42
09-15-2012, 12:11 AM

Atlantic Division:
-Manhattan, NY
-Brooklyn, NY
-Boston
-Philadelphia
-Washington

Central Division:
-Chicago
-Indiana
-Toronto
-Detroit
-Cleveland

Toronto borders NY State, its an Atlantic team.

topdog
09-15-2012, 12:23 AM

Atlantic Division:
-Manhattan, NY
-Brooklyn, NY
-Boston
-Philadelphia
-Washington

Central Division:
-Chicago
-Indiana
-Toronto
-Detroit
-Cleveland

Southeast:
-Miami
-Orlando
-Atlanta
-Charlotte
-Memphis

Southwest:
-Oklahoma City
-Dallas
-Houston
-San Antonio
-New Orleans

Northwest:
-Minnesota
-Milwaukee
-Denver
-Seattle
-Portland

Pacific:
-LA Lakers
-LA Clippers
-Golden State/San Fransisco
-Utah
-Phoenix

I'd counter with:

Northeast:
Brooklyn
New York
Toronto
Boston
Washington

Mid-East (obviously needs a better name)
Cleveland
Philly
Atlanta
Charlotte
Memphis

Gulf
San Antonio
OKC
NOLA
Miami
Orlando

Southwest
PHX
Houston
Dallas
Denver
Utah

Pacific
LAC
LAL
Warriors
Seattle
Portland

Great Lakes
Minnesota
Milwaulkee
Chicago
Detroit
Indiana

I feel like that's as close as you can get geographically without having some team have to fly halfway across the country like we have with the Northwest division now (MN to Seattle/Portland).

CubsBullsBucs
09-15-2012, 12:26 AM
sacramento has great fans and i dont think they move. move golden state. they are thinking about moving anyways and sacramento has more history and a better fan base than golden state. i wouldnt mind seeing toronto move to seattle but a lot of ppl want a team in canada so idk.

MrfadeawayJB
09-15-2012, 12:34 AM
You know David Stern is going to push this.

Any guesses on what team that will be sold/moved? The only teams with a uncertain future is the Kings and Grizzlies.

Won't be The Grizz. I can assure you of that. You must be misinformed. The Grizz new owner Robert Pera has a new ownership group (including Justin Timberlake) and others that assure the Grizz future.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/aug/22/local-investors-join-prospective-grizzlies-owner/?CID=happeningnow

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/sep/08/geoff-calkins-timberlake-just-the-latest-big-for/

Pera has agreed to three provisions: 1) a $100 million penalty if the team is moved, 2) a right of first refusal under which the local owners will be able to match any offer Pera receives to sell the team and 3) the right for the locals to buy the team from Pera at the current price if he wants to move it. All provisions are in effect for the next 15 years

But i do think if a team moves back to Seattle it should be the Kings or the Bobcats

Underdogz∞
09-15-2012, 12:37 AM
I'd rather have nothing then Kings moved to Seattle. Seriously, they haven't had any good teams in a while besides the Storm. A new team or bust. Kings move to Virginia.

:pray:

Dade County
09-15-2012, 01:52 AM

NO! Give settle back there team:cool:

JordansBulls
09-15-2012, 02:14 AM
So the Sonics keep there history? If so, shouldn't the Thunder go back to Seattle since the Sonics drafted Durant?

DamnGoat
09-15-2012, 02:28 AM
OKC's not going back, that's for sure. I'd guess the Kings or Hornets make the most sense.

shen
09-15-2012, 02:52 AM
It will be Kings or Bucks. No idea which but when everything settles it will be one of those two. Hornets are not going anywhere, Benson will keep them in NO and do what ever he has to in order to turn them into winners.

Chill_Will_24
09-15-2012, 03:19 AM
So the Sonics keep there history? If so, shouldn't the Thunder go back to Seattle since the Sonics drafted Durant?

Its ok. Whatever team goes to Seattle will land the #1 pick as consolation from Stern.

NYYCowboys
09-15-2012, 03:38 AM

How ya doin. Take a seat right there.

bbcmillionaire
09-15-2012, 03:49 AM
How ya doin. Take a seat right there.

Lmao Chris birdman Anderson will be traded to the sonics only to get imterviewed by Chris Hansen for talking to an under aged girl

naps
09-15-2012, 03:54 AM

So OKC deserves the Thunder because of their passionate OKC fans but at the same time you are suggesting Kings and Warriors to be moved? That doesn't sound rational. Have you seen the crowd in the Oracle Arena? They have one of the most rabid fanbase even though their team has been sucking forever. And if you remember the Kings fans earlier last decade you wouldn't suggest that. Watch out the OKC crowd once their team start sucking.

mikekhelxD
09-15-2012, 03:55 AM

All I'm going to say, is that if you are invited to the stadium, but all you see on the court is a table with cookies... run the **** away!!

Also, if someone asks you if you brought beer and condoms, tell them it's just for playing beer balloon fights.

MTar786
09-15-2012, 04:02 PM
mj should relocate his bobcats to seattle and take on the sonics name.. and rebuild from there.

NYKNYGNYY
09-15-2012, 04:22 PM
So OKC should get to keep their team because they have passionate fans when they're one of the best teams in the league, but the Kings don't? Kings fans were every bit as passionate as OKC fans (if not more) when the Kings were actually good. It's not the fans' fault the owners suck.

your right sacramento does have some passionate fans i just think okc fans are the best imo...they should move the raptors more idk how there fan base is

RUN DMC 20
09-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Golden State is getting a New Arena Soon So i Do not think they are going to Seattle. If anything the Kings should go

jericho
09-15-2012, 04:49 PM
your right sacramento does have some passionate fans i just think okc fans are the best imo...they should move the raptors more idk how there fan base is

if you dont know how they are then dont talk bout it toronto is 1 of the teams that generates a lot of income despite the team sucking so toronto aint going no where

Andrew32
09-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Why don't you take a seat over here?

Losoway
09-16-2012, 03:54 PM
okc fans are the best

but what time will the sonics take????

jericho
09-16-2012, 04:44 PM
again instead of moving the teams why dont they just add 2 new 1s seattle + lets new jersey i know they just lost the nets but thats more cuz the owners wanted to move just imagene another rivalry for the nets with new jersey

todu82
09-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Would be really nice to see Seattle get a team again. Not sure if it should be the Thunder though.

Ezio
09-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Wasn't Memphis for sale?

shen
09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Wasn't Memphis for sale?

Griz have buyer/new owner group that includes Memphis area business people that have made it clear they are not moving. Griz and Hornets are staying place. Bucks and Kings are the two question marks, well Bucks are a question mark and Kings already half way out the door.

shen
09-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Of the two I mentioned I think should be the Bucks. Then we move Thunder to SW division (where they belong) and move Griz to Eastern Conference (where they belong).

NoahH
09-17-2012, 11:44 AM
The KINGS really seem to be the only option

shen
09-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Kings are the most talked about option however Bucks keep popping up lately. The owner wants to sell and Hansen is reportedly willing to offer almost twice market value.

abe_froman
09-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Kings are the most talked about option however Bucks keep popping up lately. The owner wants to sell and Hansen is reportedly willing to offer almost twice market value.
that'd be sad,too much history there.should be one with less of history/connection to the area like the bobcats

jon32
09-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Sell Toronto to Seattle....sell the Lakers to the Raptors and then sell the Kings To L.A

Toronto Lakers 2013 NBA CHAMPS !!!!

shen
09-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I am not saying it is right. However given the talent issues in league these days and attendance issues around the league it has been stated many times that there will be no expansion team. Means someone is going to lose there team, it sucks I know, complain to the players, entirely there fault.

Hellcrooner
09-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Expansion.
Dont ****ing mess with any other fanbase.

Btw, New orleans should get a new name and send the hornets history uniform name and logo back to Charlotte.
Let the bobcats name disappear.

Stinkyoutsider
09-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Man, I bet Stern wants to move a team there today lol.

Any agreement to where the city will pick up some of the bill (or a big piece of it) in constructing a stadium will always get Stern's attention.

I can understand why these owners want help from the cities to build/maintain these stadiums (owner provides jobs to locals there) but it's always made me think when the city uses tax money to help fund this. We're already going to pay to watch the games in the stadium and now we have to pay for it to be built too? Maybe every tax payer involved should get a small % of ownership for the stadium and if the team owner wants that % back from us, they'll have to pay us for it...

MrfadeawayJB
09-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Maybe add a team to a new market to counter Seattle. Vegas anyone?

shen
09-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Apparently Louisville is trying to get a team, or at least some business people have come together and begun the process of talking with government and lining things up. If they made two expansion teams (one in Seattle and one in Louisville) they have to do better job then Bobcats, with them teams could make what 10+ players off limits and Bobcats could take anyone else. I think this time would have to be starting 5 off limits, anyone else up for grabs. At least give a chance.

NoahH
09-17-2012, 01:53 PM

That makes more sense since the Maloofs dont want to sell.

king4day
09-17-2012, 01:55 PM
As bad as the situation is in Charlotte, I don't think Jordan would sell the team to an owner who wants to move them out. Plus, it'd be expensive to break whatever deal they have with Time Warner Cable Arena. It was ultimately built a few years ago primarily for the Bobcats. I believe it'd hurt the city to have this big arena with little use to it over the winter/spring.
With the city growing, I don't forsee a Bobcats move out of Charlotte in the next decade unless no winner is produced (meaning things are as bad as the last couple of years for the next 5 years) and fans start to dwindle. They did improve attendance somehow last year and weren't last in the league.

king4day
09-17-2012, 01:57 PM
That makes more sense since the Maloofs dont want to sell.

I was thinking this too. Maloof's want to move but never talked about selling.

All the dominos have to fall in the right places at the right time for Seattle to get a team back in the near future.

Kashmir13579
09-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Chris Hansen aka the dude from dateline?

topdog
09-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Of the two I mentioned I think should be the Bucks. Then we move Thunder to SW division (where they belong) and move Griz to Eastern Conference (where they belong).

The Bucks are an interesting thought. I honestly don't know what fandom is like there, but I have yet to meet a hardcore Bucks fan and the team isn't exactly well run.

Btw, New orleans should get a new name and send the hornets history uniform name and logo back to Charlotte.

Yeah, that whole "Bob"cats crap was BS. Hence, the new jerseys with "'Cats."

Apparently Louisville is trying to get a team, or at least some business people have come together and begun the process of talking with government and lining things up. If they made two expansion teams (one in Seattle and one in Louisville) they have to do better job then Bobcats, with them teams could make what 10+ players off limits and Bobcats could take anyone else. I think this time would have to be starting 5 off limits, anyone else up for grabs. At least give a chance.

Charlotte's initial start-up wasn't bad in terms of basketball decisions. They found Gerald Wallace in the expansion draft and got some high picks. The issues were who they picked - Felton, Shawn May?!, Adam Morrison, DJ Augustine ect. Even with bad decisions, they were a playoff team a in 2010. I don't think the process needs any fixing, but vetting ownership perhaps does.

shen
09-17-2012, 03:58 PM
When Bobcats had there expansion draft it was 1 team and the league had better average level of talent among teams. With current player groupings and adding 2 teams I am of the belief after initial 5-6 players anyone else should be available if the 2 expansion team route was taken.

TheIlladelph16
09-17-2012, 04:00 PM

This is my immediate reaction to reading this.

"Hi, I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC and I'd like to buy an NBA team. Why don't you have a seat over here."

JeffG20
09-17-2012, 06:02 PM
OKC's not going back, that's for sure. I'd guess the Kings or Hornets make the most sense.

Hornets just got bought by Benson. they will not be moving for the forseeable future. new lease and 12,000 season ticket sales

JeffG20
09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Expansion.
Dont ****ing mess with any other fanbase.

once the hornets rebrand there are rumors that Bobcats are looking to buy the name....good chance of happening actually

ACanadian
09-17-2012, 06:26 PM

Ehhhhhh, too bad Toronto is one of the best cities in North America and wont be moving for a long time. Ehhhh

JordansBulls
09-17-2012, 08:12 PM
mj should relocate his bobcats to seattle and take on the sonics name.. and rebuild from there.

No Seattle should get it's history back. Maybe have the Kings move there.