PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Cabrera steals fan's 'fire Leyland' sign (Video)

fadedmario
09-14-2012, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HzefO1UnWvE

Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera was not about to let this fan rip on his skipper.

A YouTube video has surfaced which shows Cabrera take and hold onto a fan's sign which reads "fire Jim Leyland," or something to that effect about the team's manager.

But if that wasn't a bold enough move, Cabrera continues signing autographs for other fans, with the sign under his arm. He totally ignores the fan's relentless comments about the sign stealing.

Finally, Cabrera hands the sign to a U.S. Cellular Field employee, where the team has been playing the Chicago White Sox.

The sore fan keeps asking Cabrera about other players on the team such as Don Kelly and Ryan Raburn, who was recently placed on the team's DL. He even asks Cabrera if he is happy Leyland's contract is almost up.
Cabrera never says a word to him.

Cool video if you have the time.

In this day and age where everyone blames the manager (players included) for everything, nice to see players of his caliber act like this when the team isn't performing up to fan's standards.

sexicano31
09-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Classy

FraziersKnicks
09-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Miggy's a G, the way he still had a joke with the guy and gave him the sign back after signing autographs for fans.. As he was walking away the guy who shouted to him in Spanish said he had travelled all the way from Maracay (Miguel's hometown). Straightaway, he went back and signed stuff for him. What a class act.

Great example of how a player should carry himself.

sexicano31
09-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Miggy's a G, the way he still had a joke with the guy and gave him the sign back after signing autographs for fans.. As he was walking away the guy who shouted to him in Spanish said he had travelled all the way from Maracay (Miguel's hometown). Straightaway, he went back and signed stuff for him. What a class act.

Great example of how a player should carry himself.

So he gave it to the fan? The article says he gave it to an employee

Green_Monster
09-14-2012, 09:31 PM
So he gave it to the fan? The article says he gave it to an employee

Watch the video and actually listen at the end.

ATL#22
09-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Thats pretty cool he was still signing autographs while listening to that ****

drew_ellis_23
09-14-2012, 10:36 PM
What a class act. He has always been a great player, but I place him on a higher level with acts like that. Way to take the high road.

SB75
09-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Loved it!

The SF Giant
09-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Class act? Have you guys already forgotten the DUI?

JackB
09-15-2012, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE=The SF Giant;23636677]Class act? Have you guys already forgotten the DUI?[/Q

Has to be at least one in every crowd. What a jerk you are!! Do us all a favor and stop posting here. You wouldn't know kind if it smacked you in the face. A-Hole!!:mad:

MetsFanatic19
09-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Great for Miggy.

GasMan
09-15-2012, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=The SF Giant;23636677]Class act? Have you guys already forgotten the DUI?[/Q

Has to be at least one in every crowd. What a jerk you are!! Do us all a favor and stop posting here. You wouldn't know kind if it smacked you in the face. A-Hole!!:mad:

Isn't there some irony with this post being in this thread???

netsgiantsyanks
09-15-2012, 10:18 AM
because nobody has ever driven under the influence. :rolleyes:

MotownWebGuy
09-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Miggy's driving under the influence didn't diminish his Class Act referral, but what he did right afterwards sure did. Same with his incident in Birmingham prior to that.

If Cabrera is now a Class Act guy, then it's a new and recent change. I see nothing classy in removing that sign. I am not a Leyland fan and I pray he and his coaching staff are gone after the season ends..... minus coaches Belliard and Jones.

What stood-out as 'Class' was the way Cabrera alluded the sign-maker and his pestering comments. But that's not enough to convince me Cabrera is all-around Mr. Classy Guy - both prior and since this New Cellular Field incident.

rocket
09-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Class act? Have you guys already forgotten the DUI?

Yeah?

VRP723
09-15-2012, 12:18 PM
That guy was an ***

Chucky Woods
09-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Class act? Have you guys already forgotten the DUI?Lol
Is this MLB thread material?

Ares
09-15-2012, 12:48 PM
What a true class act, he beats his wife and drives whilst drunk. Is there anything this man can't do?

Guppyfighter
09-15-2012, 01:13 PM
He may do those things, but he's chill as ****.

NYYCowboys
09-15-2012, 01:15 PM
He probably was hammered when he did that.

fadedmario
09-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Dude's been clean for along time now and has been handling his business like a pro.

He also plays a decent Third Base when 99% of PSD laughed about it before the season. Everyone also said his bat would be worse for playing third everyday (lol).

I'm proud of him.

Keep talking..

The SF Giant
09-19-2012, 06:03 AM
because nobody has ever driven under the influence. :rolleyes:

I've never done it because I'm not a piece of ****.

Pinstripe pride
09-19-2012, 08:18 AM
takiing a sign make sup for the other crap he did and makes him a class act? really?

Nomar
09-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Getting a DUI doesnt make you a bad person, it means you made a really poor and dangerous decision. He's always seemed like a good guy who is dedicated to his team.

Det4Life
09-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Getting a DUI doesnt make you a bad person, it means you made a really poor and dangerous decision. He's always seemed like a good guy who is dedicated to his team.

This place is just full of haters. :facepalm:

Find it funny that if Miggy were on any of these haters teams... they wouldn't be saying the crap they say. Jealous much?

Pinstripe pride
09-19-2012, 02:34 PM

hasn't he been charged with domestic abuse and or assualt as well? that does make you a bad person

Nomar
09-19-2012, 03:46 PM
hasn't he been charged with domestic abuse and or assualt as well? that does make you a bad person

Dont remember that but if its true ill retract haha because hitting your wife isnt so classy.

09-19-2012, 03:51 PM
What a class act. He has always been a great player, but I place him on a higher level with acts like that. Way to take the high road.

Really classy guy to get behind the wheel while intoxicated.