PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically...if the Lakers play the Heat in the finals

Longhornfan1234
09-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Do you think Howard will outplay Kobe against the Heat?

Dr Seuss
09-13-2012, 01:02 PM
with different positions held at stake, and dwight 'gainst bosh he'll surely rape, and he'll be known as mvp, and as a rapist probably, that'll make dwight what ben rothles is, and thats just my hypothesis

Longhornfan1234
09-13-2012, 01:04 PM
with different positions held at stake, and dwight 'gainst bosh he'll surely rape, and he'll be known as mvp, and as a rapist probably, that'll make dwight what ben rothles is, and thats just my hypothesis

:laugh2::laugh2:

SaimuKala
09-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Good question. But no IMO. Kobe will be so motivated to play against LeBron and HEAT. It's probably one of his last chances to play against him in the finals.

Kobe2324
09-13-2012, 01:16 PM
First of all I think the basketball world wants this matchup, 2 best teams, 2 best players, prolly be the highest viewed finals ever with all that star power. I do think Howard is the go to guy in this series, Kobe will still be the closer but the matchup advantage is in the middle by a mile, they have to expose that. Would be awesome to see!

Heater4life
09-13-2012, 01:27 PM

I disagree, Ray Allen for three

naps
09-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Howard will have a better series than Kobe. I can only imagine the insane suffocation Wade-LeBron-Battier tandem is gonna serve to any perimeter me-first guy.

First of all I think the basketball world wants this matchup, 2 best teams, 2 best players, prolly be the highest viewed finals ever with all that star power. I do think Howard is the go to guy in this series, Kobe will still be the closer but the matchup advantage is in the middle by a mile, they have to expose that. Would be awesome to see!

2 best players are LeBron and Durant. Your post is confusing.

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Idk if Dwight would outplay Kobe but if the stats are similar lets say Kobe averages 27-7-5 in the finals and Dwight averages 23-14-3 I'm pretty sure they would give the MVP to Kobe just due to him being the leader of the lakers!

Hawkize31
09-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Are we supposed to let that slide? Lebron + Kobe? Lebron + Dwight?

We saw the best 2 players in the finals last year, and if the Lakers make the finals, we will not be seeing the 2 best players in the NBA.

mjt20mik
09-13-2012, 01:55 PM
If LA plays MIA in the finals, LA takes it. MIA does not play well against teams will elite bigmen. LA has DH and Pau.

dh144498
09-13-2012, 01:59 PM
if Kobe can somehow put up something better than 22pts - 17rebounds on 55%fg, then he will. I hope Kobe goes bananas and puts up 32-6-6 on 47%. \m/.

Longhornfan1234
09-13-2012, 01:59 PM
If LA plays MIA in the finals, LA takes it. MIA does not play well against teams will elite bigmen. LA has DH and Pau.

You didn't answer the OP's question.

Hawkize31
09-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Answer to the OP's question- yes, Howard would outplay Dwight. I think Howard will outplay Dwight in general all season.

Kobe led the NBA in fg attempts and shot 43%. I'm a fan of efficiency, and Kobe does not have it.

Longhornfan1234
09-13-2012, 02:05 PM
My prediction: Howard- 26 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 59%.

Kobe- 24 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 44 %.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Anywho, I think Dwight will be the Finals MVP simply because no one on Miami can match up to Dwight individually or collectively, and I hope he is as winning a Finals MVP and being the main reason why the Lakers win the title will solidify his status as a Laker 4 Life, and there'll be no uncertainty revolving him signing a 5 yr max deal next summer.

C_Mund
09-13-2012, 02:23 PM
What if Nash averages like 13/12/3 on 52%/41%/93%

NASH FOR FINALS MVP!!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-13-2012, 02:25 PM
What if Nash averages like 13/12/3 on 52%/41%/93%

NASH FOR FINALS MVP!!!

13 ppg in the finals when Pau, Kobe and Dwight will be averaging more than that won't get the job done for Nasshtty. He'll have to be a consistent 20+ ppg and 12+apg guy to be in the consideration.

But I don't think Finals MVP is Nash's goal, he just wants to win a ring after 17 yrs of hard work in the association.

LAKERMANIA
09-13-2012, 02:25 PM
As long as the Lakers win the NBA title I could care less who wins the finals MVP..

And yes I do think he will outplay Kobe

theheatles
09-13-2012, 02:34 PM
The Heat is the ultimate matchup nightmare for Kobe. Kobe acknowledged that Battier plays the best d on him. We all know LeBron is an elite man defender and the best help defender in the league and when Wade tries on D he infuriates Kobe more than anyone with his ability to mimic every step kobe takes.
Dwight will easily have the better series because he'll get his rebounds and he'll get much easier baskets than kobe.

Big Zo
09-13-2012, 02:36 PM
LMAO. Does Kobe really suck so much that he doesn't even have a chance of outplaying Howard?

I'm not saying he can't, but Howard would obviously be the go-to guy in the series. If he outplays Howard, i'm pretty sure the Lakers aren't winning.

SaimuKala
09-13-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm not saying he can't, but Howard would obviously be the go-to guy in the series. If he outplays Howard, i'm pretty sure the Lakers aren't winning.

Agree.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-13-2012, 03:00 PM

It's okay man, Kobe may not be "top 2 player in the NBA" anymore, but when he and LeBron were 1&2 in the league from 2008-2010, and Kobe was waiting for his sorry *** to show up in the finals, he never did.

It's okay, it's not Kobe's fault that we couldn't see a true Kobe vs LeBron matchup in the finals during those stretch of yrs.

mrblisterdundee
09-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Howard will outplay Bryant, because center is the Heat's weakest position.

majmarcus
09-13-2012, 03:10 PM
It's okay man, Kobe may not be "top 2 player in the NBA" anymore, but when he and LeBron were 1&2 in the league from 2008-2010, and Kobe was waiting for his sorry *** to show up in the finals, he never did.

It's okay, it's not Kobe's fault that we couldn't see a true Kobe vs LeBron matchup in the finals during those stretch of yrs.[/QUOTE]
This!!!

nickdymez
09-13-2012, 03:11 PM

lmfao!!!!!!!

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-13-2012, 03:11 PM
My prediction: Howard- 26 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 59%.

Kobe- 24 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 44 %.

You really think Kobe will be that bad in the finals lol no way in hell, he'll step up his game when it matters most

koreancabbage
09-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Answer to the OP's question- yes, Howard would outplay Dwight. I think Howard will outplay Dwight in general all season.

Kobe led the NBA in fg attempts and shot 43%. I'm a fan of efficiency, and Kobe does not have it.

howard will outplay Dwight?

nice lol

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-13-2012, 03:14 PM

That's pretty stupid to say lol you gotta ride the hot hand and if your feeling it don't stop shooting, sure Dwight may very well outplay Kobe but if Kobe does outplay Dwight that doesn't mean lakers wont be winning

dnewguy
09-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Idk if Dwight would outplay Kobe but if the stats are similar lets say Kobe averages 27-7-5 in the finals and Dwight averages 23-14-3 I'm pretty sure they would give the MVP to Kobe just due to him being the leader of the lakers!

Kobe will never average 27-7-5 against the heat in the finals...NEVER

dnewguy
09-13-2012, 03:22 PM
You really think Kobe will be that bad in the finals lol no way in hell, he'll step up his game when it matters most

OK...you underrate Miami defense...Kobe will be lucky to average 17ppg, 4aspg against Miami

Gibby23
09-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Nash and gasol will just sit back and watch.. Those 2 will be big this year. The Lakers are going back to running an offense this year.

bucketss
09-13-2012, 03:39 PM

It's okay, it's not Kobe's fault that we couldn't see a true Kobe vs LeBron matchup in the finals during those stretch of yrs.

maybe if the cavs had the power to stiff teams of their best players than maybe he would have met him there.

Longhornfan1234
09-13-2012, 03:42 PM

24, 5, 4, 44% is not bad. Wade, LeBron, and Battier are going to take turns guarding him. Kobe is going to have a hard time against the Heat.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-13-2012, 03:47 PM
maybe if the cavs had the power to stiff teams of their best players than maybe he would have met him there.

Best regular season record for 2 straight yrs, not coming close to even sniffing the finals.

#excuses-excuses-excuses

RealLiveBear
09-13-2012, 03:47 PM
yes simply because... Wade/Lebron guarding kobe > Bosh guarding Dwight

More and better options to throw at Kobe then Dwight

That being said it's okay because OKC v Heat Round 2

Chi~TwnHawksFan
09-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Lakers:
Nash
Kobe
World-Peace
Gasol
Howard

Heat:
Chalmers
Wade/Allen
Battier
Bron
Bosh

Might be one of the best Chips of all time..

TheSource
09-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Dwight has the chance to put up the best stats as far as points, rebounds and blocks go, but we'll see the Black Mamba in action.

bucketss
09-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Best regular season record for 2 straight yrs, not coming close to even sniffing the finals.

#excuses-excuses-excuses

oh, you're one of those guys who think mo williams and zydrunas ilgauskas were good enough to help lebron win a chip

#imdone

The1_Who_knocks
09-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Only if lobes injured will dh outplay kb

nickdymez
09-13-2012, 04:12 PM
oh, you're one of those guys who think mo williams and zydrunas ilgauskas were good enough to help lebron win a chip

#imdone

They were good enough to win 60 somthing games 2 strait years. Makes sense to believe they could have won a chip right?

bucketss
09-13-2012, 04:47 PM
They were good enough to win 60 somthing games 2 strait years. Makes sense to believe they could have won a chip right?

since you're here i want to ask you a quick question about one of your comments on a closed thread. do you really think heat vs knicks game 1 was the worst officiated game in history even more so than the 2002 wcf?

and to answer your question those guys weren't gonna win it they had no second gear and no one else aside from lebron that can step up.

MTar786
09-13-2012, 05:35 PM
my prediction for final is

dwight 20 and 14 with 2.4 blocks
pau 17 and 9 with 1.4 blocks
kobe 26 and 4 on 46% shooting
nash with 12 and 9

Vinylman
09-13-2012, 05:42 PM
As long as the Lakers win the NBA title I could care less who wins the finals MVP..

And yes I do think he will outplay Kobe

This

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-13-2012, 05:49 PM

Why are u still here? Ban yourself...

Kobe>Wade

Greedy22
09-13-2012, 06:29 PM
OK...you underrate Miami defense...Kobe will be lucky to average 17ppg, 4aspg against Miami

Pretty sure we all watched Kobe drop 20 on Wade in the 1st quarter of a game this past year :rolleyes:

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-13-2012, 06:44 PM
First off, when Miami played the 'Superman-led' Magic, it all came down to them just raining 3's. remind me who on the lakers squad, besides nash of course, who consistently drain 3's?

remind me who on the lakers squad would punish the heat if they double teamed dwight downlow in the post with dwight's limited offensive moves?

anyways..
to answer OP's question.. no brainer.. dwight howard, mainly cos he shouldnt have any issues rebounding the ball.

Kobe, whether laker fans admit it or no, is not effecient, and wade, along with lebron or battier can handle kobe to an extent.

i say Howard outplays kobe, however, finals mvp is going to lebron, because well i see the heat winning. sorry to burst anyone's bubbles.

Gibby23
09-13-2012, 06:50 PM
First off, when Miami played the 'Superman-led' Magic, it all came down to them just raining 3's. remind me who on the lakers squad, besides nash of course, who consistently drain 3's?

remind me who on the lakers squad would punish the heat if they double teamed dwight downlow in the post with dwight's limited offensive moves?
anyways..
to answer OP's question.. no brainer.. dwight howard, mainly cos he shouldnt have any issues rebounding the ball.

Kobe, whether laker fans admit it or no, is not effecient, and wade, along with lebron or battier can handle kobe to an extent.

i say Howard outplays kobe, however, finals mvp is going to lebron, because well i see the heat winning. sorry to burst anyone's bubbles.

Kobe, Nash, Gasol.

StarvingKnick22
09-13-2012, 06:52 PM
It all depends on who all the blame goes to when they lose a game. Dwight has led his team to the Finals. Basically, Alone. Kobe had Shaq & Horry, then Pau, the DPOY Ron Artest, and Bynum.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Kobe, Nash, Gasol.

so youre assuming that wade would leave kobe to double howard?
or that mario chalmers would leave nash open..

basically ur telling me.. that a perimeter player, would leave their man wide open when the ball is in the post? ok than..

i'd live with gasol shooting if howard becomes an annoyance. they did the same thing last year against the lakers, when bynum was becoming a nuissance, the pf aka UD or Bosh, would double bynum so he doesnt feel comfortable, and of course noone made the heat pay.

I see no difference sir.

there is no jameer nelson, ryan anderson, hedo, richardson, or q to make the heat pay with a 3 ball anytime they go zone or put bodies down the middle.

just sayin.. dont be surprised if all this hype blows up in ppl's faces.
me personally, i am not convinced they can even beat OKC.

time will tell.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-13-2012, 06:58 PM
It all depends on who all the blame goes to when they lose a game. Dwight has led his team to the Finals. Basically, Alone. Kobe had Shaq & Horry, then Pau, the DPOY Ron Artest, and Bynum.

interesting... if he led them alone, why couldnt he lead them every year after that? ill wait.

pls look up the stats sir.
Lewis, hedo had 19 ppg, and so did dwight.

when is 19 and 15 single handedly carrying a team?

pls give credit where credit is due.
there is a reason why rashard and hedo got paid well after that finals run.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-13-2012, 06:59 PM
BUT I DO AGREE about the amount of help kobe got. but of course thats not sayin kobe sucks or anythin, just that he is blessed with a very good front office, and very lucky. very very lucky lol

C-Style
09-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Anywho, I think Dwight will be the Finals MVP simply because no one on Miami can match up to Dwight individually or collectively, and I hope he is as winning a Finals MVP and being the main reason why the Lakers win the title will solidify his status as a Laker 4 Life, and there'll be no uncertainty revolving him signing a 5 yr max deal next summer.

This

C-Style
09-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Heat have a bunch of scrubs at center! lol

C-Style
09-13-2012, 07:21 PM
BUT I DO AGREE about the amount of help kobe got. but of course thats not sayin kobe sucks or anythin, just that he is blessed with a very good front office, and very lucky. very very lucky lol

Wade & Bron are not very lucky?

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 07:25 PM
who cares if howard would outplay kobe, the only thing that matters is the lakers would outplay the heat

naps
09-13-2012, 07:28 PM

#excuses-excuses-excuses

Kobe would have hard time getting 8th spot with LeBron's Cleveland cast. Don't even go there. This thread is not about LeBron but you are making it one. LeBron's sorryass? GTFO!

naps
09-13-2012, 07:40 PM

Still they are world champs. Lakers had Pau and Bynum but still got kicked out hard by OKC LOL.

justinnum1
09-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Lakers fans are going to be in for such a rude awakening lol

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Lakers:
Nash
Kobe
World-Peace
Gasol
Howard

Heat:
Chalmers
Wade/Allen
Battier
Bron
Bosh

Might be one of the best Chips of all time..

lakers starters are better at every position besides sf if bron starts at sf

D Blue987
09-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Sooooo looking forward to this season. Our starting 5 is just epic on paper. Will they mesh well, that remains to be seen but certainly they are a top 3 team to make the finals for sure. If they play the Heat, I like the Lakers chances. There is just no answer by the Heat for Howard and Pau down low. Absolutely none. If Superman comes to play at full strength, the Heat's only hope will be to outscore LA with 3 pts shots. Not that they are a poor 3 pt shooting team but i dont think you can win a title in the finals, banking only on 3s when you are outmatched down low by a wide margin. LA's bigs will turn Miami into a jump shooting team since the paint will be clogged by their presence. jmo.

dc5jdm
09-13-2012, 07:42 PM

Wow you think Kobe can't average that in a series vs the heat?
Come on man let's be serious here.

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Still they are world champs. Lakers had Pau and Bynum but still got kicked out hard by OKC LOL.

did you watch that series? lakers shoulda been up 3-1..kicked out hard, your somewhat of a troll lol

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Cmon heat fans while your out and about running your mouth right now...refer to my sig!

D Blue987
09-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Lakers fans are going to be in for such a rude awakening lol

blah blah blah.

SteBO
09-13-2012, 07:47 PM
lakers starters are better at every position besides sf if bron starts at sf
SG is a wash at best, and as far as overall perimeter matchups, Miami has that won. Obviously Miami isn't going to have an answer for Dwight, but Bosh is enough for Pau Gasol and can be dealt with especially if he plays like a pansy like he's known for doing. the PF position is a wash too, because I can guarantee you that Bosh will not be the starting center against Dwight. No chance....

But silly me for being objective.

mvb815
09-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Cmon heat fans while your out and about running your mouth right now...refer to my sig!

how many times are you going to leave the forum if more people take it?

is a lakers fan going to leave for you if another heat fan takes the bet?

use your brain

SteBO
09-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Maybe I'm better off just conceding that the Lakers are GOAT since it seems thats all some Laker fans in this thread want to hear.

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 07:50 PM
SG is a wash at best, and as far as overall perimeter matchups, Miami has that won. Obviously Miami isn't going to have an answer for Dwight, but Bosh is enough for Pau Gasol and can be dealt with especially if he plays like a pansy like he's known for doing. the PF position is a wash too, because I can guarantee you that Bosh will not be the starting center against Dwight. No chance....

But silly me for being objective.

nash>chalmers
kobe>wade
mwp<bron
pau>bosh
howard>anthony

Im just posting my opinion man, but hey if you want..consider my sig challenge..

Kobes a Killer
09-13-2012, 07:51 PM

use your brain

Yes I will leave, would gladly match my fellow laker fans risk

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 07:51 PM

use your brain

im just trying to kill more birds with one stone, if your so confident..I dont see a problem its all in good fun.

mvb815
09-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Yes I will leave, would gladly match my fellow laker fans risk

count me in then jerell

C-Style
09-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Wow you think Kobe can't average that in a series vs the heat?
Come on man let's be serious here.

U just got trolled :laugh2:

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 07:54 PM
count me in then jerell

done!
:hi5:

dc5jdm
09-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Man let's all be real for a bit and be open minded, the Lakers are scary an are a matchup problem for the heat. They simply have all positions nicely filled other than maybe 5-6 sf perimeter defenders. I'm.okay with MWP guarding LeBron. We have to understand that no one is stopping James but MWP dies a good enough job on him. Pau and bosh is a wash Dwight vs anyone the heat can get is just laughable. Hopefully the Lakers mesh well cuz this team could be one of the greatest teams ever. Key word before u guys blow it out of the water" could"

MTL_123
09-13-2012, 08:00 PM
i dnt get why people keep on saying that D-12 is going to destroy bosh. You really think spo and riley are gonna make bosh play one on one against howard plz theres something called help defense. The team that will win is the team who's role players step up thats it.

naps
09-13-2012, 08:03 PM
did you watch that series? lakers shoulda been up 3-1..kicked out hard, your somewhat of a troll lol

Yes, could have should have would have...Bird would have been the GOAT if he won 10 championships as the the man and if he would have been a great defender. See how that works? Fact is that series was too quick.

Andrew32
09-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Healthy Wade will destroy an old Kobe if he returns to his 2011 form.

Dwight will win FMVP if Lakers win because Heat lack interior D.

I'd bet on the Heat though especially if Wade is healthy... if not then I dunno.
There are many factors to consider.

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 08:08 PM

I'd bet on the Heat though especially if Wade is healthy... if not then I dunno.

please, I urge you to go to nba.com advanced stats and see the kobe vs wade matchups..

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Yes, could have should have would have...Bird would have been the GOAT if he won 10 championships as the the man and if he would have been a great defender. See how that works? Fact is that series was too quick.

not even close to the same instances...you said okc knocked lakers out hard, but if you actually watched the series that was not even close to the case..lakers were pretty on par with okc last season and thats without howard, nash, jamison, and meeks.

naps
09-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Man let's all be real for a bit and be open minded, the Lakers are scary an are a matchup problem for the heat. They simply have all positions nicely filled other than maybe 5-6 sf perimeter defenders. I'm.okay with MWP guarding LeBron. We have to understand that no one is stopping James but MWP dies a good enough job on him. Pau and bosh is a wash Dwight vs anyone the heat can get is just laughable. Hopefully the Lakers mesh well cuz this team could be one of the greatest teams ever. Key word before u guys blow it out of the water" could"

Lakers are a match up problem for Heat? OK, I'll play along.

Wade
Allen
LeBron
Lewis
Bosh

How do you handle that? Lanes are going to be wide open for James and Wade. If Dwight wants to protect the basket then that leaves Bosh open for his sweet jumpers. Pau won't be able to come inside if Lewis is there. On the perimeter no one runs better than Ray without the ball. You got to have someone following him ALL the time. You think Kobe keeps running after him? And can you imagine Nash guarding Wade?

So yeah it can go both ways.

Andrew32
09-13-2012, 08:13 PM
please, I urge you to go to nba.com advanced stats and see the kobe vs wade matchups..

Wade and Kobe are pretty much equal in terms of h2h play over a career.
I've seen the numbers.

Neither has any significant advantage and both have outplayed eachother many times.

However Wade was much better then Kobe from 09-11 and assuming he returns to that form I think Wade will outplay Kobe h2h this upcoming year assuming they even meet in the playoffs.

But we'll see... anything is possible.
Kobe could come out on top.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Wade & Bron are not very lucky?

lol.........

2 years of lebron and wade together apparently compensates for kobe having dwight howard, nash (old), payton (old), malone (old), shaq, gasol

okie dokie, if u say so.

i am not discrediting kobe, just admiring the front office.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-13-2012, 08:17 PM
of course wade will outplay kobe lol.
wade is the better player at this stage of their careers, duh!

and with wade 'taking a back seat' would only mean working on his defense, and that is just fine with me.

naps
09-13-2012, 08:18 PM
not even close to the same instances...you said okc knocked lakers out hard, but if you actually watched the series that was not even close to the case..lakers were pretty on par with okc last season and thats without howard, nash, jamison, and meeks.

When do people come up with could have, should have? Yea when they are in denial and looking for excuses. OKC won that series 4-1. But that doesn't matter. My original post was referred to this following post:

So I said well they still won it all. Lakers had Pau and Bynum too. Best front-court in the league by far. What did they do?

Get it?

Mave1002
09-13-2012, 08:20 PM

That's a really huge IF. He already has peaked.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Why are u still here? Ban yourself...

Kobe>Wade

Don't worry, all the troll Heat bandwaggoners will slowly get permabanned. I mean look at Wade>You and (not necessarily a Heat fan but a Heat dickrider at times) in CFrey. Both permabanned. The others will slowly get banned as well, just watch.

Before ya know it, they'll all start dropping like flies.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-13-2012, 08:23 PM
That's a really huge IF. He already has peaked.

.......do people have this much short term memory?
before wade's knee injury, that lingered throughout the playoffs, he was playing at a phenomenal pace..

injury slowed him down, and kobe at that time was shooting 40%, and last few games, he was on a shooting tear, and brought his fg% to 43..

i agree he has already 'peaked' and wont improve significantly, however, its just ignorant to even assume kobe is better than wade, if both are healthy at this stage of their careers.

just look at 2010-2011 when both ended the season fairly healthy lol
cmon man, youre making laker fans look bad.. stop that homerism lol

C-Style
09-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Lakers are a match up problem for Heat? OK, I'll play along.

Wade
Allen
LeBron
Lewis
Bosh

How do you handle that? Lanes are going to be wide open for James and Wade. If Dwight wants to protect the basket then that leaves Bosh open for his sweet jumpers. Pau won't be able to come inside if Lewis is there. On the perimeter no one runs better than Ray without the ball. You got to have someone following him ALL the time. You think Kobe keeps running after him? And can you imagine Nash guarding Wade?

So yeah it can go both ways.

Kobe will guard Wade and Nash will be on Ray. BTW that line-ups FG% won't be as good as the Lakers.

MTL_123
09-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Kobe will guard Wade and Nash will be on Ray. BTW that line-ups FG% won't be as good as the Lakers.

your joking right :confused:

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-13-2012, 08:38 PM
lol @ all these bold comments.

cant wait till NBA starts.

naps
09-13-2012, 08:53 PM

:laugh2:

Ray will have field day shooting 50+% from three if Nash is guarding him. Can you imagine how deadly Heat are going to be offensively if Ray is doing that? And how did you figure that FG%? LMAO!!

Cal827
09-13-2012, 08:56 PM
The general summary I get from reading this thread:

http://qkme.me/3qwes1

Dade County
09-13-2012, 09:12 PM
If the Lakers make it to the finals...

Stern & the refs will make sure that it goes 6 to 7 games.

Heat will have trouble with Howard on the boards, but he isn't going to score over 25pts on us in the finals; but he will be a handful.

But the HEAT always gets him into foul troble... Wade or Lbj will drive to the basket, and here comes the refs. Laker fans haven't experience that, but they will come into these forums with full force crying that the league is rigged ( and YES the League is rigged ).

If Kobe was 7yrs younger then yes, I could see the Lakers winning, but a healthy Wade & Lbj is too much for any team right now. I am just telling the truth, other teams fans have the right to have hope that their team can win, but at the end of the day we all have experience this before...

The teams with the Super Stars win most of the times... It's just COOL that both these teams are loaded with All star caliber players.

If the Lakers can get pass OKC or the Clippers and if the HEAT can get pass the Knicks or C's it should be a block buster series.

If the refs cheat for the HEAT, then the HEAT sweep.
If the refs cheat for the Lakers, then the HEAT win in 7.
If the refs call it fair, then the HEAT win 5 or 6

I am a HEAT fan, what did you expect? lmao lol

It would be a great series, but I say Clippers or OKC make it out of the west.

bucketss
09-13-2012, 09:21 PM

Heat will have trouble with Howard on the boards, but he isn't going to score over 25pts on us in the finals; but he will be a handful.

But the HEAT always gets him into foul troble... Wade or Lbj will drive to the basket, and here comes the refs. Laker fans haven't experience that, but they will come into these forums with full force crying that the league is rigged ( and YES the League is rigged ).

If Kobe was 7yrs younger then yes, I could see the Lakers winning, but a healthy Wade & Lbj is too much for any team right now. I am just telling the truth, other teams fans have the right to have hope that their team can win, but at the end of the day we all have experience this before...

The teams with the Super Stars win most of the times... It's just COOL that both these teams are loaded with All star caliber players.

If the Lakers can get pass OKC or the Clippers and if the HEAT can get pass the Knicks or C's it should be a block buster series.

just like they made sure the thunder-miami series went 7?

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-13-2012, 09:25 PM

So basically you're anticipating that the Heat win due to basketball reasons.

Dade County
09-13-2012, 09:39 PM
So basically you're anticipating that the Heat win due to basketball reasons.

NBA = Entertainment

You most have watched enough Lakers championships to realize that.

just like they made sure the thunder-miami series went 7?

Why would they make sure the HEAT vs Thunder series went 7 ( the league owned Lbj for his last year Finals performance.. He was following orders )??? The league is rigged man!

NBA = Entertainment

bucketss
09-13-2012, 09:50 PM
NBA = Entertainment

You most have watched enough Lakers championships to realize that.

Why would they make sure the HEAT vs Thunder series went 7 ( the league owned Lbj for his last year Finals performance.. He was following orders )??? The league is rigged man!

NBA = Entertainment

:facepalm:

dc5jdm
09-14-2012, 04:02 AM
Man looks like a elementary school fight here

Trueblue2
09-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Howard would definitely outplay Kobe, it's just a much better match up for him, plus he's younger and has more in the tank. I think if Howard can return to form there would be a legitimate argument for him being the 2nd best player in the league with this Lakers roster around him.

basketfan4life
09-14-2012, 07:41 AM

And you guys wonder why there is so much hate against the Heat org.

Davidgta1
09-14-2012, 08:14 AM
It would be funny if the heat and lakers didn't make it to the finals lol

bucketss
09-14-2012, 08:21 AM
It would be funny if the heat and lakers didn't make it to the finals lol

as much as i like lebron and want him to win multiple chips. i hope neither of those teams make the finals this year.

charlies_angels
09-14-2012, 08:40 AM
I still think howard has a chance but if miami wins lebron is still the MVP.

Munkeysuit
09-14-2012, 08:52 AM
I think naturally Howard's importance will show should they play the Heat. They force feed him the ball? and Howard will not be as effective as Kobe, the Mamba needs to be the focal point of the offense in this series. Howard will be most effective playing defense and controlling the boards on both ends.
I do not see the Lakers even being close to Miami if they make Howard the go to guy.

thenaj17
09-14-2012, 09:55 AM

Stupid argument. Horry wasn't a great player and neither was Pau. How many all star appearances did Pau have before Kobe made him look better than he is?

DPOY Artest? Yeh about 5 years before he joined the Lakers - don't come here with that crap

Bynum? Oh yeh the guy who only scores consistently on alley oops, easy dunks, put backs and matchups against midgets

They're all good players yes but not 1 of them would have rings without Kobe (Shaq also had Wade for his other and Horry had Duncan, Manu, Parker)

Slug3
09-14-2012, 10:06 AM
All I remember hearing last year was

- Miami will have trouble with NY cause of Chandler
- Miami will have trouble with the Pacers cause of Hibbert
- Miami will have trouble with Boston cause of KG

They seem to beat all of them and they had big men.

Longhornfan1234
09-14-2012, 10:17 AM

Dude...let's be real, Howard is much better than Hibbert, Chandler, and old KG.

bucketss
09-14-2012, 10:22 AM

this is how it went.

knicks series: knicks have a shot for the upset, melo is beasting and miamis team is flawed!! knicks in six!!
after knicks series: LOL! they couldn't sweep the knicks

pacers series: pacer will win because bosh is gone and bigs like hibbert is their weakness!!
after pacer series: whatever pacers aint ishhh anyways.

celtics series after game5: bahahahaha i celtics have this locked up bye bye lebrick better luck next year!!
after celtics series: wow they went 7 games against the old celtics? they have absolutely no shot against the thunder cant wait!!

thunder series: its over KD gon get that chip!! bye lebrick better luck next year!!
after thunder series: refs helped them. league is ruined :cry::cry: asterisk rigged ring

SteBO
09-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Dude...let's be real, Howard is much better than Hibbert, Chandler, and old KG.
I mean, I know Dwight Howard is better than what Slug3 referenced but you're missing the point entirely. Miami has managed well against teams with size in their frontcourt, so the Lakers are just another challenge Miami might have to contend with should both teams get there.

But hey, Miami has no chance against the Lakers. I mean, they're greatest ever right? Why do I even bother....

ATX
09-14-2012, 10:48 AM
this is how it went.

knicks series: knicks have a shot for the upset, melo is beasting and miamis team is flawed!! knicks in six!!
after knicks series: LOL! they couldn't sweep the knicks

pacers series: pacer will win because bosh is gone and bigs like hibbert is their weakness!!
after pacer series: whatever pacers aint ishhh anyways.

celtics series after game5: bahahahaha i celtics have this locked up bye bye lebrick better luck next year!!
after celtics series: wow they went 7 games against the old celtics? they have absolutely no shot against the thunder cant wait!!

thunder series: its over KD gon get that chip!! bye lebrick better luck next year!!
after thunder series: refs helped them. league is ruined :cry::cry: asterisk rigged ring

^Yep, the excuses were and are unrelenting.

Barring injuries Miami is as close to a lock to return to the Finals as you can get. LAL will have a tougher road to the Finals, and OKC will of course be an extremely tough out. There is no "Gaurantee" LAL will win it all just b/c they replaced Bynum with Howard and added a 39 year old Nash. They should be a great team without question, but the fans are putting the cart before the horse. It's a dream matchup, but with all respect, I still think OKC will be back in the Finals.

mrblisterdundee
09-14-2012, 03:54 PM
howard will outplay Dwight?

nice lol

Have I ever told you how much I love your sig? I want it to sit on my face.

JordansBulls
09-17-2012, 08:19 PM

For the Lakers to win Dwight has to be the best player on the team. Kobe isn't going to be outplaying Wade or Lebron yet alone both of them. Whereas Dwight will have to dominate with how soft the Heat are at Center as Bosh can't handle Dwight.

Dade County
09-17-2012, 11:04 PM

YES!...

On another note:

HEAT still win it all :clap:

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Wade and Kobe are pretty much equal in terms of h2h play over a career.
I've seen the numbers.

Neither has any significant advantage and both have outplayed eachother many times.

However Wade was much better then Kobe from 09-11 and assuming he returns to that form I think Wade will outplay Kobe h2h this upcoming year assuming they even meet in the playoffs.

But we'll see... anything is possible.
Kobe could come out on top.

Wade better then Kobe from 09-11 gtfo here lol what r u smoking maybe 09 other then that it's been kobe

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-17-2012, 11:25 PM
.......do people have this much short term memory?
before wade's knee injury, that lingered throughout the playoffs, he was playing at a phenomenal pace..

injury slowed him down, and kobe at that time was shooting 40%, and last few games, he was on a shooting tear, and brought his fg% to 43..

i agree he has already 'peaked' and wont improve significantly, however, its just ignorant to even assume kobe is better than wade, if both are healthy at this stage of their careers.

just look at 2010-2011 when both ended the season fairly healthy lol
cmon man, youre making laker fans look bad.. stop that homerism lol

Kobe did not finish the season healthy lol

He had an injured knee, ankle, and finger lol

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-17-2012, 11:28 PM

Heat fans I mean Lebron fans at their finest hahaha :facepalm:

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-17-2012, 11:31 PM
I mean, I know Dwight Howard is better than what Slug3 referenced but you're missing the point entirely. Miami has managed well against teams with size in their frontcourt, so the Lakers are just another challenge Miami might have to contend with should both teams get there.

But hey, Miami has no chance against the Lakers. I mean, they're greatest ever right? Why do I even bother....

Problem is all 3 of those team don't have another big man all-star next to them
As well as solid bigs off the bench, Miami fans are funny

LA_Raiders
09-18-2012, 12:23 AM
No, the mamba is to proud to let it go. May be once he gets 3 he let him have it...

Aust
09-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Such a weird question. A teammate outplaying another teammate..

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-18-2012, 01:16 AM
Kobe will steal the ball from Dwight when the game is on the line. Just like when Carlton stole the ball from Will.

Lakerfan In NY
09-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Such a weird question. A teammate outplaying another teammate..

:clap:

Two team mates trying to outplay each other means a lost. AKA westbrook, Durant.

PS. Nash & Gasol will have a better series anyway. P&R Nash/Gasol vs Chamlers/Battier or LBJ. Cross match-up is a killer.

ichitownclowni
09-18-2012, 09:46 AM
I come into this forum for the first time in a while to see if it has changed and I see this thread

Raph12
09-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Dwight would outplay Kobe against the Heat, they don't have anyone who could matchup with him, he's going to dominate them... He averaged 20-20 against the Heat last season, I can't see Kobe faring too well against Battier-Wade-Allen-Lebron.