PDA

View Full Version : Where would Harold Miner rank today (if reached potential)!?

nyk1985
09-13-2012, 10:54 AM
How do you think Harold Miner would fare in todays NBA game. He was one of my favorite college ballers and was dissapointed he never reached his potential. Awesome athlete/explosive scorer. Sick dunker brah.

I see him at 20ppg 5apg 5 rpg peak and ranked below kobe/wade/harden as the #4 sg today.

And what ever happened to him? He still ballin somewhere?

theducksmuggler
09-13-2012, 11:06 AM
really... :facepalm:

Hellcrooner
09-13-2012, 11:09 AM
he really wanst that much special.

nyk1985
09-13-2012, 11:12 AM
True, he had a very mediocre career if I recall he avg 10ppg, but based on his spectacular college career, and flashes of brilliance I thought he would have at least had a better career. He had so much hype

Shlumpledink
09-13-2012, 11:18 AM
He would be the third best ever, behind a gerald green with realized potential. And then behind the GOAT Isiah Rider with a work ethic and generally good attitude.

RaiderLakersA's
09-13-2012, 11:18 AM
And this is why no one with less than 500 posts should be allowed to start a thread.

Harold Miner? Really? The guy that cut by the Toronto Raptors? Has it come to this PSD? Why not just open up a new forum titled "Woudla Coulda" and call it a day?

nyk1985
09-13-2012, 11:23 AM
right brosef! I know his pro career sucked, just saying based on his college career he was a beast maybe all of the hype of being the next jordan got to his head. But I was just thinking about how awesome he could have been, reminded me of a vince carter type of beast, explosive dunker. He also could stroke it good. pause.

blystr2002
09-13-2012, 11:53 AM
I wonder where Cherokee Parks would be ranked if reached his full potential?

Unless a player gets real hurt young, he has reached reached is potential. Being able to dunk means nothing and having a solid college career doesn't always translate.

RaiderLakersA's
09-13-2012, 11:57 AM
right brosef! I know his pro career sucked, just saying based on his college career he was a beast maybe all of the hype of being the next jordan got to his head. But I was just thinking about how awesome he could have been, reminded me of a vince carter type of beast, explosive dunker. He also could stroke it good. pause.

Harold Miner. Vince Carter. Great, now you've just mentioned two underachievers in the same thread. Can we lock this down already?

nyk1985
09-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Vince Carter definitely was not an underachiever. Never won it all and was supposedly lazy, but definitely top 50 shooting guard of all time.

nickdymez
09-13-2012, 12:34 PM
So this is the definition of "trolling" huh?

HiphopRelated
09-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Monta Ellis

nickdymez
09-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Harold Miner. Vince Carter. Great, now you've just mentioned two underachievers in the same thread. Can we lock this down already?

He's trying to poke fun at the Vlade Divac thread. A thread i made becuse Vlade played in a time where there were plenty of centers and may have went under the radar. Now there are hardly any true centers. But the op probably just didnt understand

nyk1985
09-13-2012, 12:49 PM
All jokes aside, not even trolling, Harold was a supreme talent put up sick numbers in college and dominated. I know that doesnt always translate into a successful pro career but if he did live up to his hype, do you see him in the convo of top 5 shooting guards today?

Hellcrooner
09-13-2012, 12:55 PM
I wonder where Cherokee Parks would be ranked if reached his full potential?

Unless a player gets real hurt young, he has reached reached is potential. Being able to dunk means nothing and having a solid college career doesn't always translate.

I see your Parks and up it to Montross.

ewing
09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Not quite as good as DeJaun Wagner would have been if his colon didnt fall out

nyk1985
09-13-2012, 01:00 PM
LOL all jokes aside, I feel he could have been a top 5 sg today and if he reached his potential had a long stellar all star career. Not poking fun at any other threads. He seemed like a star in the making.

AKA TheMamba
09-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Better than Jordan or Kobe.

Stinkyoutsider
09-13-2012, 01:25 PM
I think Miner would be a rotation player in the NBA today but I can't see any team giving him over 22 minutes a game?

He was a great dunker and athlete, but that's all I remember him being when he started with the Heat (think it was the Heat). He relied so much on his natural athleticism though, so when he started to lose that, he was already done in the NBA. Same with guys like Rider. Great athletes but didn't develop an NBA skillset.

He probably went to Europe for a while and became a solid player over there.

Hellcrooner
09-13-2012, 01:28 PM
I think Miner would be a rotation player in the NBA today but I can't see any team giving him over 22 minutes a game?

He was a great dunker and athlete, but that's all I remember him being when he started with the Heat (think it was the Heat). He relied so much on his natural athleticism though, so when he started to lose that, he was already done in the NBA. Same with guys like Rider. Great athletes but didn't develop an NBA skillset.

He probably went to Europe for a while and became a solid player over there.

Nope he didnt, and wouldnt have fit in europe either.

ZHawk1123
09-13-2012, 01:47 PM
All joking aside guys... How good to you guys think Joseph Forte could have been if he reached his full potential?

Better yet! Trajan Langdon...

JayHunter
09-13-2012, 03:06 PM
maybe his potential was 10 ppg

majmarcus
09-13-2012, 03:12 PM
LmbOooooO....I knew it

JasonJohnHorn
09-13-2012, 05:32 PM
He did reach his potential.

I mean, it's not like Penny or Grant Hill or Ralph Sampson where injuries prevented them from reaching their full potential. Miner was healthy, he just wasn't that good. He was a great athlete, but so is Unison Bolt, it doesn't mean he can play in the NBA. He got in based on his natural talent and then didn't develop it.

Where would he rank in today's NBA? Lets say there are 30 teams and each team has three SGs. Two they play and one that sits on the bench. Harold Miner would then rank some where between 61-90 among the SGs in the NBA.

UPRock
09-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Vince Carter definitely was not an underachiever. Never won it all and was supposedly lazy, but definitely top 50 shooting guard of all time.

Top 50 SG? :facepalm:. He's probably a top 10 in some people's list.

IndyRealist
09-13-2012, 05:59 PM
All jokes aside, not even trolling, Harold was a supreme talent put up sick numbers in college and dominated. I know that doesnt always translate into a successful pro career but if he did live up to his hype, do you see him in the convo of top 5 shooting guards today?

But you could say the same thing about Michael Olowakandi, or Kwame Brown, or Darko Milicic. Who's really to say what somone's "potential" is? He didn't get derailed by injury, or drugs, or bad coaching. He just wasn't good.

I hate it when people talk about potential like it's some measurable, definable thing. Who said that Miner was then next MJ? That's not any sort of analysis, it's just hype.

IKnowHoops
09-13-2012, 06:18 PM
I see your Parks and up it to Montross.

Ill see your Montross and raise you Yinka Dare

IKnowHoops
09-13-2012, 06:19 PM
JR rider was much better than Harold Miner.

ZHawk1123
09-14-2012, 07:43 AM
JR rider was much better than Harold Miner.

Ron Mercer > All

Iron24th
09-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Another gerald green etc