PDA

View Full Version : Which team do you think Stern will have win this year?

el hidalgo
09-13-2012, 10:44 AM
imo, Stern will most definitely set up a lakers-heat finals. The only question is, who will he want to win? Will he want the heat to go back to back, cememnting lebrons legacy? Or will he want Kobe to tie MJ in the ring department, get Nash his first ring, and make sure Dwight stays in LA?

haggis
09-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Bobcats.

LakersOrNothing
09-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Neither team.. please be Wizards :pray:

asandhu23
09-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Thunder. You saw how Durant was like "Its my time now" earlier on. probably got the green light.

Dr Seuss
09-13-2012, 11:05 AM
I cannot select one of your picks, i think stern's choice is the new york knicks, but knowing the knicks will be the knicks they'll get the calls but they'll still shoot bricks

ldawg
09-13-2012, 11:07 AM
thunder

LongIslandIcedZ
09-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Set up a Lakers-Heat finals?

There is a really good chance they are going to be in the finals regardless. Stern is gonna love it.

If he was going to try and be all powerful and rig it, he would find a way to make it so the Knicks and the Nets are in the finals.

kdspurman
09-13-2012, 11:21 AM
He might just let it pan out this year. Last year was needed for financial reasons due to lock out. We shall see

Dr Seuss
09-13-2012, 11:22 AM

There is a really good chance they are going to be in the finals regardless. Stern is gonna love it.

If he was going to try and be all powerful and rig it, he would find a way to make it so the Knicks and the Nets are in the finals.

Knicks and Nets in the NBA finals ladies and gentlemen :clap:

This means that the East will go to the Nets, and the Knicks will win the West, I commend you LongIslandIcedZ, for you surely tried your best

City of Angels
09-13-2012, 11:29 AM

haha i don't think stern would be able to get away with nets and knicks in the finals it would be just to suspicious...

Peace Walker
09-13-2012, 11:36 AM
How can someone set up anything with apes on the court, they will forget and let the secret loose.

Basketball is dead anyways.

Peace Walker
09-13-2012, 11:36 AM
haha i don't think stern would be able to get away with nets and knicks in the finals it would be just to suspicious...

you are a dumbass in so many reasons.

greg_ory_2005
09-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Raptors

DoMeFavors
09-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Yeah Stern risks being sued and getting a ton of backlash by FIXING a series and telling humble refs to fix it. Are you serious?

If Stern were to do this he would be in so much trouble.

Dr Seuss
09-13-2012, 11:41 AM
How can someone set up anything with apes on the court, they will forget and let the secret loose.

in good ol whoville we place his kind, with all the other racist minds, i request the mods to ban thy man, like the ol grinch and Sam-I-Am

SK6
09-13-2012, 11:44 AM
I cannot select one of your picks, i think stern's choice is the new york knicks, but knowing the knicks will be the knicks they'll get the calls but they'll still shoot bricks

Do you realize that the Nba Refs hate the Knicks?
Did you watch 1st round of the playoffs Knicks vs Heat game -1 last year? The refs sabotaged the game so badly that the Knicks pretty much gave up early in the 3rd qtr. The 2 games in Boston during the 1st round of the 2010-2011 playoffs where the Celtics pretty much got away with every foul they committed including a last minute tripping foul on Tony Douglas that costs the Knicks that game. Knicks are definitely on the NBA's crap list. I get the feeling that Stern hates Dolan but I can't blame him for that.

JLynn943
09-13-2012, 11:48 AM

This is the best post ever.

SK6
09-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah Stern risks being sued and getting a ton of backlash by FIXING a series and telling humble refs to fix it. Are you serious?

If Stern were to do this he would be in so much trouble.

Stern does not directly tell the refs who should win a game but he tells them what calls to look out for against certain teams. That is why you see so many games where 1 team shoots a far greater amount of free throws than its opponent.

Opinionator
09-13-2012, 12:02 PM
the team that loses in the Finals usually wins the next year; it's Stern's gota-pay-your-dues rule; Thunder beat Lakers in the WCF, and who cares what team represent the East

Peace Walker
09-13-2012, 12:09 PM
GROW UP you freak.

Avenged
09-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Neither.

He will have an underdog win it all this year.

mlisica19
09-13-2012, 12:17 PM
imo, Stern will most definitely set up a lakers-heat finals. The only question is, who will he want to win? Will he want the heat to go back to back, cememnting lebrons legacy? Or will he want Kobe to tie MJ in the ring department, get Nash his first ring, and make sure Dwight stays in LA?

This is a ridiculous statement.

If Stern actually had a direct link in choosing the outcomes of matches, he would have made the Knicks a far better contender then they have been in the last two decades and not a laughing stock for a better half of a decade.

The Knicks fan base reaches a MAJORITY of the 9 million people in NYC. Reaches most of the 5 million citizens that live in Long Island and reaches most of the other millions of people that live elsewhere in NY. It is 1 and 2 in potential fan base quantity but because of the quality of the team the fan base hasnt done much. Once the team started to become a top half team and make the playoffs more and more fans start to buy tickets, watch more games, talk about the team more and buy merchandise. All in which makes the league a lot of money! For gods sake the Knicks were what last year? a 7th seed and everyone here in NY treats them now like there a championship finalist or just won something. Imagine if they actually won a championship?

If Stern actually had a choice, he would have already made the Knicks a championship contender. Watch the games for gods sake and just have respect for great players and great teams. The Lakers won their 5 rings because they were 3x the best team in the world... once fought hard for an upset and once took on a team that only had Dwight Howard and a few 3 point shooters. Is there any wonder why the LA Lakers win games when your being coached by PHIL JACKSON! The Boston Celtics didnt cheaply win their title, they won it cuz they had 3 immense talents and Rondo came out of no where to be a leagues top 5 PG. The Mavs won 2 years ago because the Heat took them for granted, because Dirk Nowitzki was a monster and when it came down to a final game the role players showed up for dallas and not for miami. The heat didnt get a free ride to the championship, they had a big 3 led by 2 of the 5 best basketball players in the world and their opponents was a team with an avg age of like 24 and their two best guys are still maturing as players. This year DONT BE SHOCKED IF LA LAKERS are in the finals... They were a playoff team without Dwight Howard and Steve Nash. Now they got the best center in the game... and Steve Nash is still a top 10 PG. Kobe may be getting older but hes probably the healthiest hes been in the last 3 years with his knee issues and finger problems resolved through german science.
Miami will probably be there again too.

You act like its a shocker Miami won a championship. Like there can never be upsets! Ridiculous.

If anything, whats ruining the NBA is a soft cap system. Put a luxury tax on teams that go over the limit? So basically small market teams cant EVER afford to go over the limit and sign big talents but big market teams can have a meeting with the board members and decide if there willing to spend a tax on big names and win a championship. And what? the draft is suppose to save small market teams? After the first 5 picks, prospects are really no bodies disregarding one or two shocking prospects. And 9/10 the top 5 picks are just good players. Not every year you have a Durant or James or Bryant or Jordan come into a draft.

The soft cap allows big markets to thrive while small markets plummet. Their is no middle, and thats why predictions to whose going to the playoffs, whose the top seeds and whose going to the finals is usually correct. There are hardly ever any upsets, 1 of 8 games being an upset is not that shocking and in result not that exciting. Theres only so many times I will be thrilled watching a team with 3 superstars dominate 80% of the league with no worries.

Set a hard cap, a roof in which NO team can pass. It will force teams to better manage their teams and rosters and payrolls and also spread the talent around in the NBA making all 30 teams more equally competitive. So when it comes down to a 1 seed and an 8th seed in the NBA the odds are better and it makes for a better series

mlisica19
09-13-2012, 12:19 PM
the team that loses in the Finals usually wins the next year; it's Stern's gota-pay-your-dues rule; Thunder beat Lakers in the WCF, and who cares what team represent the East

So how did the Mavs win? How did the Magic not win one yet? How did the Lakers win 3 in a row?

The soft cap or no cap allows big market teams to sign big time players and have elite rosters. So your going to see the same stuff you see every year.

nickdymez
09-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Do you realize that the Nba Refs hate the Knicks?
Did you watch 1st round of the playoffs Knicks vs Heat game -1 last year? The refs sabotaged the game so badly that the Knicks pretty much gave up early in the 3rd qtr. The 2 games in Boston during the 1st round of the 2010-2011 playoffs where the Celtics pretty much got away with every foul they committed including a last minute tripping foul on Tony Douglas that costs the Knicks that game. Knicks are definitely on the NBA's crap list. I get the feeling that Stern hates Dolan but I can't blame him for that.

After i watched that game I knew the Heat were going to win it all. That was the worst officiated game in history

KNICKS R BACK
09-13-2012, 12:26 PM
LMFAO i like this Dr Seuss guy ... very entertaining

KNICKS R BACK
09-13-2012, 12:27 PM
mlisica19 did you really think anybody was going to read that essay you just wrote? LMFAO i read the first line though, and you're right it is a rediculous statement but what else do you expect coming from the OP...he thinks steve francis and antoine walker are hall of famers LOL!

KNICKS R BACK
09-13-2012, 12:30 PM
can we all just come to a mutual agreement not to respond to el hidalgo's posts any more?

nickdymez
09-13-2012, 12:33 PM

This guy is hands down poster of the year!

KNICKS R BACK
09-13-2012, 12:41 PM
This guy is hands down poster of the year!

agreed

Stinkyoutsider
09-13-2012, 12:51 PM
It's a win-win for Stern this year.

If the Lakers win, Kobe can increase his legacy in the world and that means international dollars for Stern. With the NBA being available in markets already, just image the amount of coverage for the following season?

If the Heat win, people around the world will take even more note of Lebron. He's been a superstar for a while now, but I think with the NBA title and olympics, people want to watch him play even more, which means more $ for Stern.

OKC and the Knicks are the same here. Star players on both teams will allow Stern to get more international cash...

Lets Ban Peace Walker with that crazy statement!

Big Zo
09-13-2012, 01:14 PM
They was Martians, I tell ya! Martians!

naps
09-13-2012, 01:34 PM
:facepalm:

Why do you follow the NBA if you think Stern decides who gets the crown? You are spending your time on an internet forum on a fake and staged show...Grow up and focus on sexy guys.

Longhornfan1234
09-13-2012, 01:39 PM

Another mediocre, talent-less white guy blaming minorities for his problems.