PDA

View Full Version : Heat, Mavs, Lakers, Clippers, Celtics talking to Matt Barnes

Punk
09-12-2012, 04:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iWFi1oFkw5c

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/matt-barnes-would-like-to-stay-with-lakers-but-its-not-likely/

I think he lands with the Clippers.

JNoel
09-12-2012, 04:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iWFi1oFkw5c

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/matt-barnes-would-like-to-stay-with-lakers-but-its-not-likely/

I think he lands with the Clippers.

Agreed, Clippers seem pretty logical. No way I would want him on the Heat though, he would spend more time in jail than on the court.

Chronz
09-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Come back to the team that showed you the path to nba greatness.

FraziersKnicks
09-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Clippers are stacked at the wings, they don't need him

Billups, Crawford, Butler, Hill, Odom (although he'll spend most of his time at the 4)

jerellh528
09-12-2012, 04:25 PM
dont want him on the lakers, would rather have barbosa

justinnum1
09-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Heat already have plenty of wings

jkiddvc20
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I hate Barnes so much, I think the guy is such a punk.

The1_Who_knocks
09-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Not.the Lakers ..... Please NOT the Lakers

Punk
09-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Come back to the team that showed you the path to nba greatness.

Sacramento?

LoveMeOrHateMe
09-12-2012, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't mind him back on the lakers he was a good role player the last 2 years for us 2 bad he got injured during playoff time both years

8kobe24
09-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Sacramento?

Nah, Golden State Warriors, even though they are not listed.

SirSkyHook
09-12-2012, 05:03 PM
I would luv him back on the Lakers. When Mike Brown had him and Ebanks fighting for minutes Barnes was balling, he just stays injured in pruple and gold. Lakers are gonna need alot of gritty defence to take a title this year, and thats what he brings.

Raidaz4Life
09-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Please for the love of God be the lakers!!! I can't stomach watching Ebanks step foot on the court next year for any meaningful minutes.

_KB24_
09-12-2012, 05:10 PM
He basically ruled the Lakers out. Narrowed down to 3 teams: Dallas, Clips and Heat.

LAKERMANIA
09-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I'd rather have the Lakers sign Barbosa... Barnes is such a scrub

Raidaz4Life
09-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Why do people keep saying that as if it comes down to one or the other.... they play different positions....

Showtime Steve
09-12-2012, 06:03 PM
If he signs back with us, in a princeton offense and bringing his hard hat the he did, i wouldnt mind.

The goods
09-12-2012, 06:13 PM
The Lakers aren't talking to him if they wanted him back they would've signed him by now, we need barbosa.

Avenged
09-12-2012, 06:33 PM
We could use him IF he stays healthy.. and out of trouble.

He is a hustle player, and that's ALWAYS useful for a championship team.

jkiddvc20
09-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Barnes would be a good fit on the Mavs though, nice little bit of energy and scoring off of the bench.

DoMeFavors
09-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Clippers have way to many 2s and 3s, should focus more on 4s and 5s

Gritz
09-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Barnes is a gangsta

Lake_Show2416
09-12-2012, 08:07 PM
i dont think the Lakers have any interest in him or he would have been signed already, he'll probably go to the Mavs with the rest of the cast offs

LAKERMANIA
09-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Why do people keep saying that as if it comes down to one or the other.... they play different positions....

The thing is, Jamison can play the 3 and the 4, and if Jamison can play the 3, Hill comes off the bench at the 4, having Pau play at center if we want to rest Dwight. And we still have Ebanks worst case scenario, who is turning into some sort of hustle player..

With the PG position, we have Nash, but he needs a good amount of rest, which means our backup PG needs to pick up the slack, do some damage. I just dont see Duhon, Morris or Blake helping in that regard, Barbosa, on the other hand could do serious damage coming off the bench behind Nash, since he has done that before, he can drive and dish, and he can hit the 3. Duhon and Blake could only hit the 3, they can't drive in as well as Barbosa can, and that's important for our team.

Lakers + Giants
09-12-2012, 08:37 PM

this.

He disappears every year in the playoffs. He gets injured during the most important times too.

airforceones25
09-12-2012, 08:38 PM
According to SI.com the Clippers appear to be the team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/09/12/matt-barnes-kenyon-martin-remaining-free-agents/index.html

Not a fan of his game but he's exactly the kind of clown the Clippers need. Barnes would be replacing Kevin Martin. They need a feisty player to step up and protect Paul and Griffin. Martin was ideal but he's not willing to sign for the vet min.

Cracka2HI!
09-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't mind Barnes on the Clipps and he may be better than Butler at this point. However we really need a legit backup Center. I'd take Birdman or Darko before Barnes.

Mave1002
09-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Please for the love of God be the lakers!!! I can't stomach watching Ebanks step foot on the court next year for any meaningful minutes.

Yep. Exactly, im fine with anyone who can play better defense and hustle than EBanks. Barnes can also play run N gun, given that we get barbosa.

Raidaz4Life
09-12-2012, 08:41 PM
The thing is, Jamison can play the 3 and the 4, and if Jamison can play the 3, Hill comes off the bench at the 4, having Pau play at center if we want to rest Dwight. And we still have Ebanks worst case scenario, who is turning into some sort of hustle player..

With the PG position, we have Nash, but he needs a good amount of rest, which means our backup PG needs to pick up the slack, do some damage. I just dont see Duhon, Morris or Blake helping in that regard, Barbosa, on the other hand could do serious damage coming off the bench behind Nash, since he has done that before, he can drive and dish, and he can hit the 3. Duhon and Blake could only hit the 3, they can't drive in as well as Barbosa can, and that's important for our team.

I love Jamison as much as the next guy, but at his age I don't want him guarding opposing 3's.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 08:46 PM
llullz, we're not even talking to that bum. He's just using our name to increase his stock in negotiations with other teams. :rolleyes:

Lake_Show2416
09-12-2012, 08:47 PM
llullz, we're not even talking to that bum. He's just using our name to increase his stock in negotiations with other teams. :rolleyes:

im liking the sig

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 08:50 PM
im liking the sig

Thanks!

LAKERMANIA
09-12-2012, 08:57 PM
I love Jamison as much as the next guy, but at his age I don't want him guarding opposing 3's.

Well Jamison/Ebanks will only be guarding the backup opposing 3s, MWP would defend the starting 3s, barring any injury to MWP..

Punk
09-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Looks like I was right. He's leaning towards the Clippers.

When then-Lakers small forward Matt Barnes struggled so mightily against Denver in the first round of the playoffs last season, his on-court play seemed to lessen the chances of him returning to Los Angeles.

When Barnes was arrested by Manhattan Beach police in late July because of an outstanding traffic warrant, it appeared the off-court distraction would diminish those odds even more. Yet Barnes may indeed be returning to Los Angeles -- with the Clippers.

Sources say the 32-year-old is strongly leaning toward joining the other inhabitants of Staples Center, and a deal could be formalized later this week. Barnes turned down a more lucrative deal with Cleveland two summers ago to sign with the Lakers at the behest of Kobe Bryant, and it appears a similar superstar dynamic could be in play with the Clippers and Chris Paul.

Paul, who carries more Clippers clout than ever these days because of his looming free agency in 2013, has been included in the team's decision-making process throughout the summer and would love to make Barnes the latest addition. He appears on the verge of getting his wish. The Clippers re-signed a Paul favorite in point guard Chauncey Billups earlier this summer, secured a five-year extension with forward Blake Griffin and also added the likes of scorer Jamal Crawford, veteran small forward Grant Hill and reliable big man Ronny Turiaf.

It's been a banner summer for the new vice president of basketball operations, Gary Sacks, a longtime Clippers executive who teamed up with team president Andy Roeser and coach Vinny Del Negro on the personnel front when general manager Neil Olshey left for Portland. Barnes -- who averaged 7.8 points, 5.5 rebounds and 22.9 minutes in 63 games last season and has been impressing during workouts at the Clippers facility in recent weeks -- would be a low-risk, high-reward add that would replace the toughness and defensive mentality lost with the exit of free-agent forward Kenyon Martin. Sources say the Lakers have still been considering signing Barnes as well, along with Brooklyn and Miami.

A look at other free agents still floating on the market ...

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz26IXtDuA6

Barnes would have been the PERFECT backup to Wallace but I guess they would rather sign Childress instead of continuing to pursue Barnes :facepalm:

shep33
09-12-2012, 09:16 PM
He's going to throw a hissy fit for not playing many minutes. Clippers makes the least amount of sense out of all the teams on that list.

LAKERMANIA
09-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Yeah I remember Barnes complaining about minutes when he was the 3rd SF off the bench.. I wonder what he'll say with the Clippers..

theheatles
09-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Clippers or Mavs...I really don't want him on the Heat

Losoway
09-12-2012, 10:39 PM
i think barnes still can play. he just needs to be around a player like lebron that can lift your game up

jerellh528
09-12-2012, 11:16 PM

cause they are both FAs :confused:

Zefflin
09-12-2012, 11:21 PM

He's not SUCH a scrub but he's defiantly a scrub...and on banking on what you are. If we land the Blur we'll be set...

DoMeFavors
09-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Matt Barnes probably loves the LA life and wants to be there similar to Odom and signs with the Clippers

Cracka2HI!
09-13-2012, 12:48 AM
I wonder if the Clipps would play small off the bench if they signed Barnes. Odom at the 5 and Barnes at the 4. Seems like it might be a better option than Ryan Hollins or Turiaf getting minutes and Barnes whining about being the 3rd string SF.

UPRock
09-13-2012, 12:59 AM
I heard he signed with a Tattoo shop near his home, what a weirdo.