PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual PSD Player Rankings #4 Player In The NBA? (Volume: V)

Mile High Champ
09-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last four years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. The season is now over and the Heat have been crowned NBA champs which means its time to kick off the off-season player rankings.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron was labelled by some as Choke Artist in the clutch and now this year had one of the greatest finals performances in recent memory. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for two days and than we can carry on to the next best player in the league. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 4 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

Rules of adding players to the Voting Process

In terms of adding players to the poll, it will be done like this.

As soon as Chris Paul goes off the board, I will add other PG's.
As soon as Kobe Bryant goes off the board, I will add other SG's
As soon as Kevin Love goes off the board, I will add other PF's.

And so on and so on..

This is to ensure that players that won their respective positions get a higher place in the list.

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Dwight Howard
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2011 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Dwight Howard
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Kobe Bryant
7) Kevin Durant
8) Derrick Rose
9) Deron Williams
10) Carmelo Anthony

2010 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Kevin Durant
5) Chris Paul
6) Dwight Howard
7) Carmelo Anthony
8) Dirk Nowitzki
9) Deron Williams
10) Tim Duncan - Pau Gasol Tie

2009 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwayne Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dwight Howard
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitzki
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Brandon Roy

Mr. Baller
09-12-2012, 09:09 AM
CP3, then Kobe (unfortunately) then Wade

Cal827
09-12-2012, 09:24 AM
If Melo ends up in the top 5... this list will be for the llullz

Paul, then Kobe, then Wade, then Rose, then Love

xxplayerxx23
09-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Paul then it should be wade but it will be Kobe :pity: I think a healthy rose is better then Kobe butKobe will win. I don't think melo should be top 10 but once we get past 8 I will be going Homer :p

I Rock Shaqs
09-12-2012, 09:28 AM
How is it supposed to be argued how good Dwyane Wade is if he's not a ****** option this is total BS.

ATX
09-12-2012, 09:33 AM
I went CP3, but agree, yes Wade should at least be on the list, especially considering he was #3 the last three seasons...

Mile High Champ
09-12-2012, 09:38 AM
System is what it is. Where we're all of you when Kobe beat Wade in a landslide vote earlier this summer?

Cal827
09-12-2012, 09:41 AM
System is what it is. Where we're all of you when Kobe beat Wade in a landslide vote earlier this summer?

To be fair, there are a ton of Laker fans on this site, and most of them Ride Kobe Hard lol

Mr. Baller
09-12-2012, 09:50 AM
The system makes sense. If PSD drops the ball then they drop the ball. Wade got screwed, but it is what it is. I hope Kobe doesn't get voted here just to get Wade onto the list

SaimuKala
09-12-2012, 09:53 AM
CP3, then Kobe

mrblisterdundee
09-12-2012, 09:54 AM
I thought Chris Paul should have been ahead of Dwight Howard in the rankings because of his ability to run an offense. He was ahead in the voting until the last minute, when a bunch of Laker fans probably logged on under fake accounts just to vote for Howard.

mrblisterdundee
09-12-2012, 09:56 AM
I went CP3, but agree, yes Wade should at least be on the list, especially considering he was #3 the last three seasons...

If Carmello Anthony is on the list, then Wade definitely needs to be on it. While we're at it, where's Derrick Rose, or does injury automatically drop him from the ranks of the NBA's elite?

Corey
09-12-2012, 09:56 AM
CP3 without question.

b@llhog24
09-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Cp3 is in the lead? I see Laker fans haven't woken up yet.

Mr. Baller
09-12-2012, 10:09 AM
If Carmello Anthony is on the list, then Wade definitely needs to be on it. While we're at it, where's Derrick Rose, or does injury automatically drop him from the ranks of the NBA's elite?

Carmelo was voted #3 SF, and the first two SF went off the board already. Wade is the #2 SG but the #1 SG still hasn't been picked yet. Once the #1 SG goes off then Wade comes on

SteBO
09-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Easily Chris Paul......

FraziersKnicks
09-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Over/under 10 complaints that Bynum's an option and Wade isn't?

theheatles
09-12-2012, 10:26 AM

That vote was right around when Dwight was traded so the site was crawling with "Laker fans"

Swashcuff
09-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Why don't you guys stop *****ing. When all of us were here defending Wade in the #1 SG poll where were you? Now you're coming in to ***** about the fact that he isn't on the poll currently. Well guess what Kobe beat him out fair and square by a large margin as voted by the PSD voters. The system is ideal as it reflects what the PSD masses voted for.

BklynKnicks3
09-12-2012, 10:54 AM
this is the dumbest thing i ever seen why give people the option to vote for love or bynum they are both top 15 dont even have a argument for top 10 other then loves loser stats

b@llhog24
09-12-2012, 11:09 AM
this is the dumbest thing i ever seen why give people the option to vote for love or bynum they are both top 15 dont even have a argument for top 10 other then loves loser stats

Both of them were better than Melo last year.

EDUTEXANS
09-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Damn I missed the #3rd player poll. Chris Paul is the third best player in the league IMO, so I'm going with Paul here.

Andrew32
09-12-2012, 11:49 AM

I thought Bynum was a Top 7-10 player last year.
20 / 12 / 2bpg on 60%TS for most of the year.

Not sure why people sleep on his numbers/impact.

Arguably the best player on LAL last year.

EDUTEXANS
09-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I thought Bynum was a Top 7-10 player last year.
20 / 12 / 2bpg on 60%TS for most of the year.

Not sure why people sleep on his numbers/impact.

Arguably the best player on LAL last year.

And people don't need to vote in him just because he in the poll right now. He can stay there as long as everyone wants, he doesn't need to be voted a top-10 player, not even a top-15 player if nobody thinks he deserves it. I don't get this other guy's point.

jerellh528
09-12-2012, 12:32 PM
did you guys actually read the OPs thread or just *****ing about the options?

xxplayerxx23
09-12-2012, 12:48 PM
:laugh2: Man this **** is crazy, PSD ****ed up putting Kobe ahead of wade so we have to deal with it. Its def paul here, I guess Kobe or Rose (If he was the number 2 PG not sure I missed the PG rankings) and then Wade after Kobe.

BklynKnicks3
09-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Wade is a super star because of 7ppg a game based on flops smh damn I hate heat

SteBO
09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I already know who the better player is, so I don't need a poll to validate the truth. The system is powered by who PSD "really" thinks is better, so it works just fine.

SteBO
09-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Wade is a super star because of 7ppg a game based on flops smh damn I hate heat
Thanks for clarifying......

xxplayerxx23
09-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Yes I get that, but I don't understand how Kobe was voted ahead of wade. I missed the vote so I can't even complain I guess.

SteBO
09-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Yes I get that, but I don't understand how Kobe was voted ahead of wade. I missed the vote so I can't even complain I guess.
1) Laker fan - Heat fan ratio is laughable.
2) A good chunk of the NBA Forum hate the Heat.
3) Outside of the obvious, posters will do anything to try and blindly disprove the other obvious facts because it doesn't fit what they want to believe, and this is excluding Laker fans in general. (Kinda related to my second point)

Honestly, it's this simple. But like I said, who cares. I know who the better player really is, so if others want to delude themselves then so be it. I can stomach it.

Swashcuff
09-12-2012, 01:17 PM

Ladies and gentlemen we have a rational poster.

mngopher35
09-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Paul here easily for me. Next should be Kobe, so that wade can go after.

23dragonzord
09-12-2012, 01:41 PM
wheres DROSE?!?!?!

just kidding lol

JasonJohnHorn
09-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Love should be getting more love... he had a great season... best PF in the league.. great O game, beast on the boards... and that fawking beard of his.... fawk!

BklynKnicks3
09-12-2012, 02:37 PM
2 votes for kevin love = lol not fantasy basketball rankings

xxplayerxx23
09-12-2012, 02:40 PM
:facepalm:^

JNoel
09-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Let me make this poll mods. This guy clearly doesn't know what he's posting. OP is going to have Carmelo, Bynum, Kobe, CP3, all ahead of Wade? Don't give me BS about the "system". OP obviously doesn't watch basketball and is just looking to earn a rep by satisfying Lakers and Knicks fans. I understand a lot of people don't like the Heat but c'mon OP. Baller and SteBo are probably burning up inside seeing this BS.

I'm voting Love because he's the most undderrated on this list.

naps
09-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Love should be getting more love... he had a great season... best PF in the league.. great O game, beast on the boards... and that fawking beard of his.... fawk!

He would already be voted in if he was LA or NY.

DR_1
09-12-2012, 03:04 PM

Maybe because he is better? Just saying ;)

Chacarron
09-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Best PG in the game.

Swashcuff
09-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Let me make this poll mods. This guy clearly doesn't know what he's posting. OP is going to have Carmelo, Bynum, Kobe, CP3, all ahead of Wade? Don't give me BS about the "system". OP obviously doesn't watch basketball and is just looking to earn a rep by satisfying Lakers and Knicks fans. I understand a lot of people don't like the Heat but c'mon OP. Baller and SteBo are probably burning up inside seeing this BS.

The OP has more knowledge of the game than you can ever dream to have. You have NO idea what the hell you are talking about.

I Rock Shaqs
09-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Carmelo was voted #3 SF, and the first two SF went off the board already. Wade is the #2 SG but the #1 SG still hasn't been picked yet. Once the #1 SG goes off then Wade comes on

If that's how it works that the worst thing I ever heard of.

I Rock Shaqs
09-12-2012, 03:35 PM
The OP has more knowledge of the game than you can ever dream to have. You have NO idea what the hell you are talking about.

U his boyfriend?

justinnum1
09-12-2012, 03:36 PM
2 votes for kevin love = lol not fantasy basketball rankings

:facepalm:

Says the guy who voted for melo.

JNoel
09-12-2012, 03:38 PM

Based off the poll, it would seem someone who lacks common knowledge would have started this thread. Being that Carmelo is in and Wade isn't is just absolutely mind-boggling to me. Just goes to show how small-market players are treated.

Swashcuff
09-12-2012, 03:45 PM
U his boyfriend?

No his husband :eyebrow:

Swashcuff
09-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Based off the poll, it would seem someone who lacks common knowledge would have started this thread. Being that Carmelo is in and Wade isn't is just absolutely mind-boggling to me. Just goes to show how small-market players are treated.

Dude do you lack a brain or something? READ THE OPENING POST. His threads are made with a SYSTEM. A very simple and common sense based system. It matters not who is on the poll once they aren't voted in. Wade will come on the poll after Melo and be voted before him.

Can't you understand that. Its a basic, simple, common sense based system that works perfectly. Kobe beat Wade by a SIGNIFICANT margin in the SG thread. An SG thread that you BTW didn't even take part in. You didn't vote you didn't even post. How can you now demand that Wade be here when he LOST to Kobe? He'll just lose to Kobe again. When its Wade's time he'll be here until then he's off.

I was pissed Wade didn't win that poll but I sure as hell was there making a better case for him than most of you guys *****ing that he isn't there. I however understand that there is a system that's based on SIMPLE logic. Apparently others around here don't grasp that though.

Hawkeye15
09-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Stop *****ing about the voting. You should have *****ed in the SG voting thread instead, its too late now.

Paul here so easily. Any other argument for another player is ridiculous.

Hawkeye15
09-12-2012, 04:00 PM

Did you not read how the voting works? If you had that big of an issue with it, you should have voiced it in the SG thread. The top 5 players voted in at their position are the only options to vote for. Once a position is gone, the next highest rated player at that position, from PSD, is put on the board.

JNoel
09-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Yeah whatever, Even if I did vote for Wade, there is a major discrepancy between Laker fans and Heat fans, Wade doesn't stand a slight chance of getting picked for at least three more seasons.

Swashcuff
09-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah whatever, Even if I did vote for Wade, there is a major discrepancy between Laker fans and Heat fans, Wade doesn't stand a slight chance of getting picked for at least three more seasons.

Dude WTF are you talking about Wade was picked #1 ahead of Kobe in 2011. How do you think he was voted #3 last year? :pity:

Hawkeye15
09-12-2012, 04:11 PM

Partially agree. On top of that, there are neutral fans still in love with Kobe, despite his decline. Live with it, it sucks, but there is no choice. Trust, me, I voted Wade in the SG poll, but there are way too many Laker fans here.

Hawkeye15
09-12-2012, 04:13 PM
I will say, IF the Lakers don't win it all, are they ready for the same crap Heat fans dealt with?

"You couldn't even win it with the #1 SG, #1 C, #5 PF, and #7 PG!".

Craps on the argument against the Heat, even if it didn't make sense to begin with.

JNoel
09-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Dude WTF are you talking about Wade was picked #1 ahead of Kobe in 2011. How do you think he was voted #3 last year? :pity:

How am I supposed to know this? I only joined up in April, plus a ton of Laker fans woke up from the dead after they acquired D12 and traded for Nash. I just assumed if the SG ranking were such a murder THIS year, I could only imagine what they were in previous years.

FraziersKnicks
09-12-2012, 04:17 PM
:laugh2: The amount of people that don't understand the concept of this poll never ceases me to amaze me...

BUT WEAR IZ WADE DOE?! (for arguments sake, I voted for Wade as #1 SG)

justinnum1
09-12-2012, 04:17 PM
I will say, IF the Lakers don't win it all, are they ready for the same crap Heat fans dealt with?

"You couldn't even win it with the #1 SG, #1 C, #5 PF, and #7 PG!".

Craps on the argument against the Heat, even if it didn't make sense to begin with.
:nod:

Sadds The Gr8
09-12-2012, 04:18 PM
How am I supposed to know this? I only joined up in April, plus a ton of Laker fans woke up from the dead after they acquired D12 and traded for Nash. I just assumed if the SG ranking were such a murder THIS year, I could only imagine what they were in previous years.
if u did what Swashcuff said and READ THE OP, you'd know.

Hawkeye15
09-12-2012, 04:19 PM
:nod:

Not even kidding. If they don't win, it will be the very first thing I bring up. I mean, you guys, everyone of you outside the rational or Heat fans, DESTROYED LeBron for playing with a top 2 SG, and a top 10 PF, and literally nothing else. Get ready for the pushback.

JNoel
09-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Partially agree. On top of that, there are neutral fans still in love with Kobe, despite his decline. Live with it, it sucks, but there is no choice. Trust, me, I voted Wade in the SG poll, but there are way too many Laker fans here.

I guarantee you if Kobe were on the Wolves, he'd be like 3rd or 4th in the poll. I did pick Love for this thread though.

Swashcuff
09-12-2012, 04:32 PM

Well if you only just joined why are you attacking the OP and the system which you clearly didn't take the time to gain some understanding of.

I hate the fact that I may have to vote Kobe next when I think Wade is the better player currently but that's what PSD decided.

Bruno
09-12-2012, 04:37 PM
another player ranking thread filled with off-topic bs. it's a damn shame..

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=paulch01&y1=2012&p2=bryanko01&y2=2012

playoffs? lets just ignore those numbers...

justinnum1
09-12-2012, 04:39 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=paulch01&y1=2012&p2=bryanko01&y2=2012

There is no comparison. CP3 is better than kobe and that's a no brainer.

JNoel
09-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Well if you only just joined why are you attacking the OP and the system which you clearly didn't take the time to gain some understanding of.

I hate the fact that I may have to vote Kobe next when I think Wade is the better player currently but that's what PSD decided.

The title needs to be changed, to something along the lines of "Best Positional Players" or something like that. Just blatantly titling it player rankings and not including a player who is worthy of a slot seemed very odd to me.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy for calling CP3 overrated but that's what he is, of the players listed, I would choose Kobe for #4th best player.

Swashcuff
09-12-2012, 04:47 PM
The title needs to be changed, to something along the lines of "Best Positional Players" or something like that. Just blatantly titling it player rankings and not including a player who is worthy of a slot seemed very odd to me.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy for calling CP3 overrated but that's what he is, of the players listed, I would choose Kobe for #4th best player.

I'm done with you. I'm wasting my time.

Swashcuff
09-12-2012, 04:50 PM

I'm confused as to what you're alluding to with those #s. Kobe was marginally better CP3 in the post season while CP3 was better than him by a significant margin in the regular season which was a much larger sample size that the 2 rounds of playoff matchups they had.

JNoel
09-12-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm done with you. I'm wasting my time.

Whatever dude, hate the thread not the poster.

NYYCowboys
09-12-2012, 05:10 PM
The dumbest thing is you are forced to vote for Kobe over Wade when Wade is the better player right now.

Aleksandar
09-12-2012, 05:25 PM
I've always disliked Kobe, but I might start to root for him this year LOL People are hitting him hard nowadays...

Kashmir13579
09-12-2012, 05:27 PM
This is a stupid system.

Hawkeye15
09-12-2012, 05:59 PM

So 12 games outweigh the other 66? Paul smashed all over Kobe stats wise in the regular season, Kobe was clearly better come playoff time, for 12 games.

Paul had the better overall season, seeing as both became nothing more than stepping stones eventually when they got into the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
09-12-2012, 06:00 PM
I've always disliked Kobe, but I might start to root for him this year LOL People are hitting him hard nowadays...

really? he won the #1 SG poll, I don't think many are hating on him when he won over a better player. The problem many have here, is that Laker fans took over the SG voting and voted their guy in. The system MHC created isn't perfect, but its as good as it can get without the LA/NY/Chicago fan bases effing everything up when it comes to the best player vote.

Jesse2272
09-12-2012, 06:10 PM
CP3

Haterz-:burn:

knicks=love
09-12-2012, 06:16 PM

...says the heat fan

Avenged
09-12-2012, 06:25 PM

Not sure where you been but Laker fans have always been here.. :eyebrow:

This forum didn't suddenly get cluttered with LAL fans after the trade.

JNoel
09-12-2012, 06:42 PM
...says the heat fan

...Says the Knicks fan

JNoel
09-12-2012, 06:45 PM

There has been countless Laker threads since the trade, I'm sure there is a bigger number of Laker fans now rather than a couple of months ago, but what do I know, I'm a Heat fan.

jkiddvc20
09-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Two problems with this list

#1-Cp3 is on there yet Deron is not
#2-Kobe is in the top 3 IDC what anyone else says.

JNoel
09-12-2012, 06:56 PM

OP has to abide by the fabulous "system" that we all love. That's why Wade and/or Deron Williams won't be picked for a while.

Hawkeye15
09-12-2012, 07:21 PM

Not at all, but the list did grow...

Hawkeye15
09-12-2012, 07:21 PM

One problem I have with your post

#1- did you read the rules?

Lake_Show2416
09-12-2012, 07:57 PM
thatd be funny to see Bynum in the top 10, always thought he was going to b very good but never a top dog like that, it's great to watch a raw player grow & develop throughout the years into something special

StarvingKnick22
09-12-2012, 08:15 PM
my favorite Player

Lakers + Giants
09-12-2012, 08:33 PM
CP3 then wade. . . i mean kobe.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 08:47 PM
CP3 then wade. . . i mean kobe.
:dance:

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 08:48 PM
There has been countless Laker threads since the trade, I'm sure there is a bigger number of Laker fans now rather than a couple of months ago, but what do I know, I'm a Heat fan.

Yeah man, you summed it up right there. There's only 2 true ones in this forum. SteBo and to a certain degree justinuum. Everyone else is well...ya know... :)

ATX
09-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah man, you summed it up right there. There's only 2 true ones in this forum. SteBo and to a certain degree justinuum. Everyone else is well...ya know... :)

No offense, but what a load of crap.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 08:55 PM
No offense, but what a load of crap.

Ok sorry, I maybe missed one or two of them. Spare me.

Point being is that Heat fans shouldn't be pointing fingers at Laker fans. That's hypocrisy right there. They should start by looking at themselves in the mirror first before they go on judging other fanbases.

JNoel
09-12-2012, 09:06 PM

Not me?:sad2:

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Not me?:sad2:
You haven't been here long enough for me to decipher when your a true Heat fan or a phony. I'm still undecided on you.

JNoel
09-12-2012, 09:12 PM
You haven't been here long enough for me to decipher when your a true Heat fan or a phony. I'm still undecided on you.

Lol trust me, I'm not a bandwagon fan if that's what you mean, I've been a fan for about 10 years.

Where's D12 fan when you need him?

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Lol trust me, I'm not a bandwagon fan if that's what you mean, I've been a fan for about 10 years.

Where's D12 fan when you need him?

Banned.

I always thought of him as a Heat bandwaggoner. I don't regard him as a Laker fan at all. He's got lots of work to show his allegiance to the P&G after basically sucking on LeBron's testicles all of last yr.

cuttydoesit6
09-12-2012, 09:39 PM
lol still no rose smh

JNoel
09-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Banned.

I always thought of him as a Heat bandwaggoner. I don't regard him as a Laker fan at all. He's got lots of work to show his allegiance to the P&G after basically sucking on LeBron's testicles all of last yr.

That one "Female?" Thread in the GD forum was too much.

Baller1
09-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Cp3.

justinnum1
09-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Banned.

lol

mrblisterdundee
09-13-2012, 12:01 AM

That doesn't even address my question. And while we're at it, in what world is Carmelo Anthony more valuable than Derrick Rose? Which one of them has an MVP award?

Ebbs
09-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Wade and Dirk not being on the poll is pretty ugly.

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 01:05 AM

they both are definitely in the top 15 players

GREATNESS ONE
09-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Kobe sucks.

naps
09-13-2012, 01:24 AM

Players in the poll are better than them. Everyone on the poll has votes. Wade/Drik/Rose doesn't belong in this discussion. They are top 50 though.

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Players in the poll are better than them. Everyone on the poll has votes. Wade/Drik/Rose doesn't belong in this discussion. They are top 50 though.

this^ minus melo, and maybe bynum

naps
09-13-2012, 04:52 AM
this^ minus melo, and maybe bynum

Are you kidding? All 5 of this poll are clearly better than those three. Those three shouldn't be anywhere near the poll until we reach at least top 15.

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 05:03 AM
Are you kidding? All 5 of this poll are clearly better than those three. Those three shouldn't be anywhere near the poll until we reach at least top 15.

i think top 10ish, but you could be right.

naps
09-13-2012, 05:18 AM
i think top 10ish, but you could be right.

You are overrating them. What are they good for really besides winning championships and MVP awards in recent times? They don't shoot 42% or jack up a lot of unnecessary shots. They are nowhere near top 10. I would take it only if they start getting recognition after top 15.

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 05:36 AM
You are overrating them. What are they good for really besides winning championships and MVP awards in recent times? They don't shoot 42% or jack up a lot of unnecessary shots. They are nowhere near top 10. I would take it only if they start getting recognition after top 15.

you're crazy man, not a lot of people would agree with you, all three of those players are top 12, if rose comes back healthy he is probably top 5, wade I have at 8 and dirk is probably 12...after top 15, you're loco lol. But this is a sports forum and you are entitled to your opinion.

thenaj17
09-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Kobe is better than CP3..just.

I just can't believe how Love, Bynum and Melo are listed yet Rose, Wade and Westbrook aren't. After Kobe and CP3, i'd easily have the latter 3 listed there before the first 3, especially Bynum. Bynum hasn't done jack all as the main man and has been the benefactor of having 2 players better than him on his team take the pressure away.

Love isn't close to being elite with the rest of these players either as he hasn't singlehandedly taken a team to the playoffs like the others

b@llhog24
09-13-2012, 08:19 AM
That doesn't even address my question. And while we're at it, in what world is Carmelo Anthony more valuable than Derrick Rose? Which one of them has an MVP award?

Well read the OP tough guy.

Kobe sucks.

+1

thenaj17
09-13-2012, 08:36 AM

No way are Bynum, Kevin Love and Melo better than Rose and Wade. To not have the option to vote these is a joke. At least give people the choice after Kobe & CP3 are off the board.

EDUTEXANS
09-13-2012, 08:40 AM
No way are Bynum, Kevin Love and Melo better than Rose and Wade. To not have the option to vote these is a joke. At least give people the choice after Kobe & CP3 are off the board.

Read the damn opening post. If Bynum, Love and Melo aren't better than Wade and Rose, Paul and Bryant are, so they will get voted before the other three. Then the next players to be in the poll can be voted just as well. So you can vote for Rose and Wade before you have to vote on this other three guys.

JNoel
09-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Paul is still overrated.

Hawkeye15
09-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Ok sorry, I maybe missed one or two of them. Spare me.

Point being is that Heat fans shouldn't be pointing fingers at Laker fans. That's hypocrisy right there. They should start by looking at themselves in the mirror first before they go on judging other fanbases.

Meh, a lot more fans than Heat fans are pointing the finger at Laker fans for messing this years rankings up, but that is the way it goes when one fan base has a huge number of fans in comparison to other fan bases. Votes get wrongly skewed.

Mile High Champ
09-13-2012, 10:57 AM

Maybe you should take the time to read the actual OP before commenting. Reading comprehnsion is a valuable tool you must improve on. Also; consider that just because Melo is on this list does not mean he will finish ahead of Wade or Rose for example. He is just an option, no one is forced to pick him and by the looks of things, nobody is..

Again lets repeat myself one more time, just because they are there does not mean they will be voted into the top 10. You need to relax and understand this.

Who are you exactly? I have never seen you post in here before and you call me out because you have a difference of opinion? Again, maybe if I say it one more time, you will understand that just because Bynum and Melo are options does not mean they will finish ahead of Wade. What is so hard about this to understandÉ Can you also come up with a better argument than I don't watch basketball please. Its just weak and I have more than enough people that can attest to my knowledge on the subject. I also don't get where this satisfying Knicks and Lakers fans is coming from exactlty. I am a Raptors fan and a Pacers fan second. As a result, I am really against the Knicks entirely and nor would I ever look to appease them. The two players in this poll got in because Wade did not beat Kobe in the SG polll. Look for yourself and Wade had 36 Dupe votes in the process so in reality he lost by 35 votes to Kobe in the number 1 SG poll. It really was not close. PSD has spoken.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=22885297&postcount=185

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=739506&page=13

Where is this honestly coming from? It has nothing to do with small market teams. It has everything to do with who PSD voted for. You make it sound like I decided who was better and simply chose the options that way. In reality, that is not the case .

I have a lot of people that can attest for the benefits of the current system such as Swash, PSK, Chronz, Hawkeye, SteBO and Avenged just to name a few. When you get the respect of the quality posters that contribute to this forum on a daily basis, the system will never change.

Why imagine? I post the results of previous polls at each position every year. Its right there for you to look at.

Not really, it actually captures the concept quite well. PSD has spoken and Kobe finished ahead of Wade by a comfortable margin. Get over it and move on and please stop derailing the conversation at every turn.

What makes CP3 overrated exactly? Is it because he makes all his teammates better or he is coming off a 3 year high in PER, OWS, WS/48, TS% and eFG%? Perhaps it is because Paul surpassed Wade in each of these advanced statistics and Paul is overrated because of it. Defend your position instead of attacking other on loose claims. Lets try and be respectful here.

Whatever dude, hate the thread not the poster.

More of the same stuff. We get it you disagree. It happens, just stop derailing the good conversation in the thread.

OP has to abide by the fabulous "system" that we all love. That's why Wade and/or Deron Williams won't be picked for a while.

Deron Williams now coming into the conversation? Do you know how many votes he got to Chris Paul's 121 in the first PG poll? He got 8 and finished behind the likes of Rondo & Rose. Look for yourself. Deron Williams has no business being in this conversation and as I have eluded to many times. Just because Wade is not here now, does not mean he will end up outside the top 6.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=732222

See above posting about Deron and what you are saying is a mater of opinion, not fact.

It does not mean Melo is more valuable or that he will finish ahead of Rose in the poll. He is just an option currently. It does not mean everyone is running to pick Melo just because he is here. Also Rose is coming off an injury plagued year and will miss a significant part of this year. Does he deserve to be a top 10 player at this point? I am not so sure.

Really Ebbs, you too? Dirk lost to Love pretty easily for top spot and as I said before Wade lost by 35 votes to Kobe. PSD has spoken.

Another one who needs to read the system. Just because Melo, Love and Bynum are there does not mean they will beat out Wade or Rose. I hope that is the last time I have to repeat that statement.

Paul is still overrated.

Care to explain?

Mile High Champ
09-13-2012, 11:13 AM

Why don't you guys stop *****ing. When all of us were here defending Wade in the #1 SG poll where were you? Now you're coming in to ***** about the fact that he isn't on the poll currently. Well guess what Kobe beat him out fair and square by a large margin as voted by the PSD voters. The system is ideal as it reflects what the PSD masses voted for.

Thanks Swash. Much appreciated. :cheers:

naps
09-13-2012, 01:23 PM
you're crazy man, not a lot of people would agree with you, all three of those players are top 12, if rose comes back healthy he is probably top 5, wade I have at 8 and dirk is probably 12...after top 15, you're loco lol. But this is a sports forum and you are entitled to your opinion.

Nah, man. I see you don't get it. When was the last time Wade/Rose/Dirk forced their teams to lose by jacking up shots after shots specially when their teammates were playing with high efficiency? Correct, never. All they have done is play efficiently, makes their teammates better, win championships and MVP awards in recent times. So they don't belong in top 15.

b@llhog24
09-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Mhc shutting **** down.

Chronz
09-13-2012, 02:30 PM
I never realized how many people post without reading the thread.

JNoel
09-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Who are you exactly? I have never seen you post in here before and you call me out because you have a difference of opinion? Again, maybe if I say it one more time, you will understand that just because Bynum and Melo are options does not mean they will finish ahead of Wade. What is so hard about this to understandÉ Can you also come up with a better argument than I don't watch basketball please. Its just weak and I have more than enough people that can attest to my knowledge on the subject. I also don't get where this satisfying Knicks and Lakers fans is coming from exactlty. I am a Raptors fan and a Pacers fan second. As a result, I am really against the Knicks entirely and nor would I ever look to appease them. The two players in this poll got in because Wade did not beat Kobe in the SG polll. Look for yourself and Wade had 36 Dupe votes in the process so in reality he lost by 35 votes to Kobe in the number 1 SG poll. It really was not close. PSD has spoken.
Didn't read OP, my fault.

Where is this honestly coming from? It has nothing to do with small market teams. It has everything to do with who PSD voted for. You make it sound like I decided who was better and simply chose the options that way. In reality, that is not the case .
I'm meant the small market teams have less posters on PSD causing the big market teams with a lot of posters to reap the benefits of having their player picked.

I have a lot of people that can attest for the benefits of the current system such as Swash, PSK, Chronz, Hawkeye, SteBO and Avenged just to name a few. When you get the respect of the quality posters that contribute to this forum on a daily basis, the system will never change.
It's a flawed system but prob the most fair system.

Why imagine? I post the results of previous polls at each position every year. Its right there for you to look at.
Again I didn't read OP, kind of hard to believe Wade won top SG last year.

What makes CP3 overrated exactly? Is it because he makes all his teammates better or he is coming off a 3 year high in PER, OWS, WS/48, TS% and eFG%? Perhaps it is because Paul surpassed Wade in each of these advanced statistics and Paul is overrated because of it. Defend your position instead of attacking other on loose claims. Lets try and be respectful here.
Career stats:
Regular:

Rk Player From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Chris Paul 2006 2012 485 485 17942 6.5 13.7 .472 0.9 2.5 .361 4.5 5.2 .854 0.7 3.6 4.3 9.6 2.3 0.1 2.4 2.4 18.3
2. .... Wade 2004 2012 596 588 22165 8.6 17.7 .486 0.5 1.8 .291 6.6 8.6 .770 1.3 3.6 4.9 6.0 1.7 1.0 3.4 2.4 24.3

Advanced:

Rk Player From To G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
1 Chris Paul 2006 2012 485 17942 25.4 .573 .505 2.3 12.2 7.2 46.3 3.5 0.2 13.0 23.9 122 104 65.2 23.9 89.1 .238
2 .... Wade. 2004 2012 59622165 25.7 .566 .500 4.3 11.6 8.1 32.8 2.5 2.2 13.8 32.4 111 103 58.6 31.7 90.3 .196

Wade has a slight advantage by a small margin in PER. Besides the stats, he's just the better player IMO.

Care to explain?
On PSD he is overrated, He's probably still one of the best PG, second behind a healthy Rose to be exact, but I've seen people say he's the best player in the LEAGUE. I can name at least four players that are currently better than Paul.

Mile High Champ
09-13-2012, 04:56 PM
You just compared Wades career numbers to Pauls career numbers. I am discussing last year. Paul was the better player and advanced stats show that.

JNoel
09-13-2012, 05:11 PM
You just compared Wades career numbers to Pauls career numbers. I am discussing last year. Paul was the better player and advanced stats show that.

Being that Wade has LeBron as his teammate obviously takes away from Wade's stats. Again i'm not taking away anything from Paul but besides Griffin, Paul basically has his own team, which means he fills up the stat sheet pretty respectively on a daily basis.

Mile High Champ
09-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Being that Wade has LeBron as his teammate obviously takes away from Wade's stats. Again i'm not taking away anything from Paul but besides Griffin, Paul basically has his own team, which means he fills up the stat sheet pretty respectively on a daily basis.

That's fine but Paul was better last year and you were using the wrong statistics. Was not debating who had Lebron.

Hawkeye15
09-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Stop whining about the rules. If the SG poll didn't go correctly, tough ****.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-13-2012, 07:11 PM
imo wade is better.

but psd wants to follow a system and that is fine with me.. ill just vote for the best player from the options given. thats all.

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Stop whining about the rules. If the SG poll didn't go correctly, tough ****.

It did go correctly.

Hawkeye15
09-13-2012, 07:52 PM
It did go correctly.

only if you are a Laker/Kobe fan. Wade was better, but that isn't the point here. This method restricts homers to some degree.

jerellh528
09-13-2012, 07:55 PM
only if you are a Laker/Kobe fan. Wade was better, but that isn't the point here. This method restricts homers to some degree.

to each their own.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-13-2012, 08:19 PM

lol well said.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Rose or Love should be interesting for the next poll.