PDA

View Full Version : where will Barbosa land ?

smith&wesson
09-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Barbosa is a player that I think can help some contenders out in terms of depth.

will the pacers re-sign him ? could the lakers use him off the bench behind kobe ? heat, nets, bulls ?? could any of these teams use him ?

which contender could use his services and where do you guys think he will land ?

Tmath
09-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Somewhere in Brazil

smith&wesson
09-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Somewhere in Brazil

possible ... but you dont think a contender will try to sign him ? id imagine him rather stay in the nba if he could play for a ship.

IndyHeatjman
09-11-2012, 07:00 PM
possible ... but you dont think a contender will try to sign him ? id imagine him rather stay in the nba if he could play for a ship.

i dont think he'll want to play overseas either, yet i dont think he is willing to accept vet minimum either. Although, it's probably in his best interest to do so. He was not impressive in Indiana but had reasonable numbers in toronto. On the other hand he's coming off of a contract worth 7 million last year.

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Funny you say that:

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/245656985289244672

Unless this thread was inspired by this tweet.

He's talking to the Nets, Lakers, and Suns.

Cal827
09-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Lakers. Nash is his friend, also he would serve as back-up to Nash (as he can play PG a little bit):

Barbosa/Blake
Meeks/Barbosa
Jamison/Ebanks
Jamison/Hill
Hill

Looks like a pretty good bench to me.

dc5jdm
09-11-2012, 07:33 PM
If he's smart he would come join Nash in LA, a shot at a ring and playing time behind Nash and kobe.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Won't be a Laker that's for sure. Probably end up with some sub-500 ball club that'll overpay for his services, or he'll sign overseas.

smith&wesson
09-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Somewhere in Brazil

Funny you say that:

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/245656985289244672

Unless this thread was inspired by this tweet.

He's talking to the Nets, Lakers, and Suns.

cool. nice find.

i was actually just wondering because i havent heard anything.

i can see him being a good fit in L.A coming off the bench for kobe with jamison on th 2nd unit.

Nets make sence too. He could be the first gaurd off the bench for joe johnson or d.will.

smith&wesson
09-11-2012, 07:59 PM
i dont think he'll want to play overseas either, yet i dont think he is willing to accept vet minimum either. Although, it's probably in his best interest to do so. He was not impressive in Indiana but had reasonable numbers in toronto. On the other hand he's coming off of a contract worth 7 million last year.

But if the situation is one where he will be the 6th man on a contender i think he would def consider it at the vets min.

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-11-2012, 08:07 PM
cool. nice find.

i was actually just wondering because i havent heard anything.

i can see him being a good fit in L.A coming off the bench for kobe with jamison on th 2nd unit.

Nets make sence too. He could be the first gaurd off the bench for joe johnson or d.will.

That would be Marshon Brooks job.

We're loaded at Guard. I could see him signing with the Lakers for sure. Although, I wouldnt be opposed to having him on the Nets.

goku
09-11-2012, 08:10 PM
spurs maybe diaw is there plus they need a back-up pg

FlakeyFool
09-11-2012, 08:11 PM
The black pearl

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Suns can offer him the most money and playing time, he's played for Sarver before and Gentry was an assistant for D'Antoni when Leandrinho was a Sun. It's a no-brainer he's jus playin the Lakers and the Nets.

Punk
09-11-2012, 08:17 PM
LA Lakers and BK are the best options.

dc5jdm
09-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Suns can offer him the most money and playing time, he's played for Sarver before and Gentry was an assistant for D'Antoni when Leandrinho was a Sun. It's a no-brainer he's jus playin the Lakers and the Nets.

I hope your wrong cuz we need him

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 08:25 PM
I hope your wrong cuz we need him

We do for sure, but at the end of the day, money talks, and there's just some players who can't handle the pressure wearing the purple & gold.

It's taken Barbosa so long to make a decision on which team he'll be playing for, I just feel he doesn't want that pressure of being a Laker, much like Grant Hill (which is why he oped for the Clips).

Sly Guy
09-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I say he ends up in LA. He's still got lots of Lionel Richie's greatest hits to perform. What better stage than LA?

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-11-2012, 08:30 PM

I dont get how he's "playing the Lakers and Nets". They're both limited when it comes to cap space and can only offer a vet minimum contract? Its not like he can hold out for more money.

dc5jdm
09-11-2012, 08:32 PM
We do for sure, but at the end of the day, money talks, and there's just some players who can't handle the pressure wearing the purple & gold.

It's taken Barbosa so long to make a decision on which team he'll be playing for, I just feel he doesn't want that pressure of being a Laker, much like Grant Hill (which is why he oped for the Clips).

I don't think its about pressure with him, hes just waiting for that more lucrative offer, which he isn't getting. I could see him joining Steve Nash in LA or takin a mini mid level exception from Phoenix if they have that. I think the Lakers didn't make a strong push for hill if not he would be here. The Lakers need to get rid of duhon and clark its dead weight don't u agree?

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I dont get how he's "playing the Lakers and Nets". They're both limited when it comes to cap space and can only offer a vet minimum contract? Its not like hes holding out for more money.

It's not that.

Basically, this is how the business works.

The agent of Barbosa is on the phone with the Suns GM. They get an offer and decide how to get more $$ out of them.

So a couple of days later, Barbosa's agent makes the call in back to the Suns GM and tells them "oh, so have you heard the sources?? My client is getting interest from an East playoff contender in the Nets and a Top 3 Championship Contender in the Lakers".

Suns GM will be like "oh wow, what a highly sought free agent this guy is. If contenders want him on their team, maybe he is worth the price, so let's just up it".

Next day, Suns GM (after conversing with owner) comes up with a new highly elevated offer that offers more yrs and more security, calls Barbosa's agent to give the new figure, and there ya have it.

The newest PHX Sun....Leandrinho Barbosa.

This is how negotiations work my friend.

You're Welcome. ;)

SteBO
09-11-2012, 08:34 PM
The Lakers could definitely use Barbosa. They need another spark off the bench, but I'm shocked he hasn't signed with anyone yet. Kenyon Martin as well.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't think its about pressure with him, hes just waiting for that more lucrative offer, which he isn't getting. I could see him joining Steve Nash in LA or takin a mini mid level exception from Phoenix if they have that. I think the Lakers didn't make a strong push for hill if not he would be here. The Lakers need to get rid of duhon and clark its dead weight don't u agree?

Agree. Duhon just doesn't fit what we're trying to do. As much as I dislike Blake at the moment, I'm sure he'll flourish being mentored by Nash and he has the chemistry for 2 yrs now with Kobe, Ron and Pau, so it's good to have that familiarity off the bench (especially with so many new faces for the Lakers this season).

Duhon however has 2 yrs left on his contract, and no one will be wanting to take him on.

We already have Ebanks & Jamison to take care of the 3 and Jamison and Hill to take care of the 4, so I just don't see the need for a guy like Clark, who IMO is more tradable than Duhon.

So yes, I wouldn't mind getting rid of the dead weight that we got in the Dwight deal.

IndyHeatjman
09-11-2012, 08:38 PM
But if the situation is one where he will be the 6th man on a contender i think he would def consider it at the vets min.

IMO, it's in his best interest to consider it. Seeing that he has interest in the Nets and Lakers proves that he is considering it. I think the lakers can offer slightly more than vet minimum and i've said before he should join LA. A reunion with Nash could be the most rewarding for him.

Punk
09-11-2012, 08:40 PM
e are talking to a few teams, among them, the Pheonix Suns, who I have a professional history with...have lived there; with the Brooklyn Nets, who actually pursued us the hardest; and with the Los Angeles Lakers — They 're a good team with the personnel they have. Also, Steve Nash (who played with Barbosa in PHX) sent me a text. He wants me to come to LA as soon as possible. When I was at the Olympics this guy (Nash?) came at me strongly, but then they signed Jodie Meeks and I haven’t talked much to them since then. They have a lot of point guards, and if they signed me, they would have to get rid of one. It’s early. I have to wait.

Hope he goes to Brooklyn. They would be incredibly deep at the guard position and fun to watch with Deron and Barbosa playing together in spots.

Nash/Blake
Kobe/Barbosa/Meeks
World Peace/Ebanks/Clark
Gasol/Jamison
Howard/Hill

or

Deron/Watson/Taylor
Johnson/Barbosa
Wallace/Brooks/Bogans
Humphries/Teletovic
Lopez/Evans/Blatche

Both are great situations for him though

dc5jdm
09-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Man we have a logjam at pg, hopefully Mr potato head cuts Morris he has no future in my eyes. Hopefully he proves me wrong Thoug

dc5jdm
09-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Hope he goes to Brooklyn. They would be incredibly deep at the guard position and fun to watch with Deron and Barbosa playing together in spots.

I think that guy that came hard after barbosa wast Mitch, but the Lakers felt barbosa was takin to long and went after Meeks.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 08:47 PM
I wonder if the Lakers can come to an agreement on a buyout with Duhon so that spot can open up for Barbosa.

eibbor
09-11-2012, 08:49 PM
The Nets/Knicks have no chance in the east. He would be be better off going back to the Pacers... Otherwise he should go out West.

Let's be honest... The East will go Heat 1 Pacers 2 and then the Celtics.... After that it's a crap shoot...

DoMeFavors
09-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Would be cool if he went to any of the 3

Nets because they are my team
Suns because he used to play in PHX and had his best years in that up tempo style
Lakers because they are stacked

DoMeFavors
09-11-2012, 08:55 PM
The Nets/Knicks have no chance in the east. He would be be better off going back to the Pacers... Otherwise he should go out West.

Let's be honest... The East will go Heat 1 Pacers 2 and then the Celtics.... After that it's a crap shoot...

Why indiana isnt an attractive place for free agents, NY and LA are diverse and have a lot of people from Brazil, and Indy has no stars.

Mave1002
09-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Lax.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Lax.

He's gonna work as a traffic controller at the airport! :speechless:

eibbor
09-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Why indiana isnt an attractive place for free agents, NY and LA are diverse and have a lot of people from Brazil, and Indy has no stars.

You are right. So if you go out west you have options, but if you stay in the east it's Miami or Indy if you are wanting to win.

The east is going to go like this:

Miami
Pacers
Boston
Nets/Knicks
Who cares...

So you either go west or....

BradHolt4CYoung
09-11-2012, 09:02 PM

Lol I dont think a backup/3rd string guard off the bench making the Veteran Minimum has any pressure he cant handle no matter where he is playing.

That's like saying Andrew Goudelock had serious pressure to succeed last year because he was a Laker. Dont think so.

JasonJohnHorn
09-11-2012, 09:04 PM
He's a ball hog. That said, he played his best ball with Nash, so the Lakers are a logical choice. Though they are already three deep at the point and have meeks to back up Kobe, so I'mnot sure how many minutes LB would get.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Lol I dont think a backup/3rd string guard off the bench making the Veteran Minimum has any pressure he cant handle no matter where he is playing.

That's like saying Andrew Goudelock had serious pressure to succeed last year because he was a Laker. Dont think so.

No, you don't understand.

When you're a Laker, especially a free agent going to that team, you put on that pressure from day one when you wear that jersey.

Ask Ron when he decided to come to Lakerland in 2009, hell, even ask Jamison and Meeks this yr. Those guys will be expected to produce at times in the regular season, and then every single time in the postseason when it matters the most.

There are some guys who sign up for the pressure that is playing in the P&G, and there are simply others who don't want to deal with that pressure as their career is winding down and take a much easier approach (Grant Hill to the Clips).

DoMeFavors
09-11-2012, 09:08 PM
If LAL get him they will have a ton of depth but alot of their depth and good players probably wont play

JNoel
09-11-2012, 09:10 PM
He prob wants big money, I think he'll end up playing overseas.

SINCESTARBURY25
09-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I would start him on the Knicks. Untill Shump gets back. Our money is gone

BradHolt4CYoung
09-11-2012, 09:18 PM

When you're a Laker, especially a free agent going to that team, you put on that pressure from day one when you wear that jersey.

Ask Ron when he decided to come to Lakerland in 2009, hell, even ask Jamison and Meeks this yr. Those guys will be expected to produce at times in the regular season, and then every single time in the postseason when it matters the most.

There are some guys who sign up for the pressure that is playing in the P&G, and there are simply others who don't want to deal with that pressure as their career is winding down and take a much easier approach (Grant Hill to the Clips).

Can you show me where Grant Hill said that?

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 09:19 PM

Actions speak louder than words. ;)

Robbw241
09-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Nets: Why? Cause signing all the players is what we do. You play basketball we sign you!
#GottaSignEmAll

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 09:21 PM
If LAL get him they will have a ton of depth but alot of their depth and good players probably wont play

:confused:

We don't have depth. Just because you have a 14 or 15 man roster doesn't mean you have depth.

Depth is when you're 13th guy can contribute at a respectable rate. Right now, the Lakers have maybe 3 guys off that bench who can contribute at a consistent rate: Meeks, Jamison and Hill. Blake is that possible 4th one, but that's it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Howard Beck:
I don't mean to question Leandro Barbosa's reporting on Leandro Barbosa, but I'm told Nets aren't likely to sign Leandro Barbosa.

Again, Barbosa is just using the Nets as a smokescreen. He's probably doing the same to the Lakers. He'll either be in PHX or Brazil when it's all said and done.

DoMeFavors
09-11-2012, 09:24 PM
:confused:

We don't have depth. Just because you have a 14 or 15 man roster doesn't mean you have depth.

Depth is when you're 13th guy can contribute at a respectable rate. Right now, the Lakers have maybe 3 guys off that bench who can contribute at a consistent rate: Meeks, Jamison and Hill. Blake is that possible 4th one, but that's it.

Blake , Meeks, Jamison, Hill is a nice bench and if you think about it probably 3 of the LAL starters will be playing at all times.

PacersForLife
09-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Would not be surprised at all if he went back to Pheonix.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Blake , Meeks, Jamison, Hill is a nice bench and if you think about it probably 3 of the LAL starters will be playing at all times.

Naw buddy, you're thinking about the playoffs.

In the playoffs, you have an 8-9 man rotation.

But during a grueling 82 game season, when 4 of the 5 starters are pretty old, and your 6th man is pretty old as well (Jamison), and Blake's inconsistencies, and the chance of injury, you need that extra 10th, 11th, 12th and maybe even 13th guy to take some burden off the stars shoulders in terms of minutes played and production during the 82 game marathon so that the star players and the 3 or 4 main bench players off the bench are as fresh as possible for the playoffs.

justinnum1
09-11-2012, 09:30 PM
barbosa was awful last year

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 09:35 PM
barbosa was awful last year

Well, you have to understand about him is that he got bounced around like a yo-yo from the Raps to the Pacers. The guy needs some stability and a defined role. Neither Casey (Raps) or Vogel (mid-season) could establish that for him.

Pacers were too in love with the up and coming Paul George (rightfully so) as that main guy off the bench, that Barbosa was just lost in the thick of things and never really grasped what INDY was trying to do midseason.

The1_Who_knocks
09-11-2012, 09:40 PM
La lakers!!

justinnum1
09-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Well, you have to understand about him is that he got bounced around like a yo-yo from the Raps to the Pacers. The guy needs some stability and a defined role. Neither Casey (Raps) or Vogel (mid-season) could establish that for him.

Pacers were too in love with the up and coming Paul George (rightfully so) as that main guy off the bench, that Barbosa was just lost in the thick of things and never really grasped what INDY was trying to do midseason.

paul george was a starter.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 09:46 PM

Was he a starter for most of the season?

Maybe he was, but evenso, I think ultimately Pacers treated Barbosa as an expiring.

justinnum1
09-11-2012, 09:47 PM

Maybe he was, but evenso, I think ultimately Pacers treated Barbosa as an expiring.

yea, he was a starter..barbosa got 20min a game.

BradHolt4CYoung
09-11-2012, 09:53 PM

:facepalm:

Not every free agent who signs with any team other than LAL means they cant handle "pressure"...please you can read Grant Hill's mind now?

Maybe it was just that the Clippers offered the 40 year old a 2 year deal while the Lakers only offered 1 year.

Does Devin Ebanks have any pressure to preform this season for the Lakers? lol no...it's the same "pressure" if he was playing for MIA, BK, NY, MIN, etc....

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-11-2012, 09:59 PM
:facepalm:

Not every free agent who signs with any team other than LAL means they cant handle "pressure"...please you can read Grant Hill's mind now?

Maybe it was just that the Clippers offered the 40 year old a 2 year deal while the Lakers only offered 1 year.

Does Devin Ebanks have any pressure to preform this season for the Lakers? lol no...it's the same "pressure" if he was playing for MIA, BK, NY, MIN, etc....

Again....Devin Ebanks "did not" repeat "did not sign as a free agent with the Lakers". He was drafted by them 2 yrs ago, he re-signed with the Lakers on the account of being a restricted free agent, taking the Lakers qualifying offer as nobody else in the league was really draw any interest for him.

And yes, I talked to Grant about this, I have his cell # if you want it. :rolleyes:

mdm692
09-11-2012, 10:07 PM
http://mobile.arizona.sbnation.com/2012/9/11/3318586/phoenix-suns-leandro-barbosa-offseason

--23--
09-11-2012, 11:11 PM
He'll probably sign with the Suns or Lakers

mdm692
09-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Again....Devin Ebanks "did not" repeat "did not sign as a free agent with the Lakers". He was drafted by them 2 yrs ago, he re-signed with the Lakers on the account of being a restricted free agent, taking the Lakers qualifying offer as nobody else in the league was really draw any interest for him.

And yes, I talked to Grant about this, I have his cell # if you want it. :rolleyes:

I've never seen a Laker fan be so butthurt at the fact that a 40 year old chose more money over them. I hope it's sarcasm lol. I mean you got Nash amd D12 yet you're angry that Hill didn't sign with LAL.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm highly disappointed he didn't join Nashy in LAL, thats all.

Gators123
09-12-2012, 12:07 AM
I think Barbosa will play for the team that he signs a contract with.

-Douglas

Gram
09-12-2012, 12:10 AM

-Douglas

:clap:

mdm692
09-12-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm highly disappointed he didn't join Nashy in LAL, thats all.

As am I. The Lakers are our rivals but I got mad respect for Hill and Nash is like god in PHX so it would of been nice if they won it all together.

DoMeFavors
09-12-2012, 12:26 AM
As am I. The Lakers are our rivals but I got mad respect for Hill and Nash is like god in PHX so it would of been nice if they won it all together.

I dont know why they broke up that team in early 2010

Nash-Dragic
Jrich-Ch
Hedo-Dudley
Fry-Hill
Lopez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyXT7C3kBi0

that team had the shooting to contend

Evolution23
09-12-2012, 12:37 AM
On a pirate ship in the Caribbeans?

mdm692
09-12-2012, 12:44 AM

Nash-Dragic
Jrich-Ch
Hedo-Dudley
Fry-Hill
Lopez

In my opinion they should of just kept Stat, trade Barbs for Hedo and Re-sign lou.

Nash-Dragic
J-rich-Dudley
Hedo-Hill
Stat-Lou
Lopez-Frye

:drool:

C-Style
09-12-2012, 04:59 AM
"I'm talking, among others, with the Phoenix Suns franchise that have a history, a life there, with the Brooklyn Nets, we tried harder and the Los Angeles Lakers - is very hot with the staff there too. The Steve Nash texted me so I go there, even. When I was in the Olympics this conversation happened pretty strong, but then they signed with another wing and then cooled a bit. They have many owners, and if they would hire me to take one of the cast. It's early, I have to wait."

SteBO
09-12-2012, 06:07 AM
I think if Barbosa really wanted LA it would've happened already...I can definitely see him going to BKN though.

douglas
09-12-2012, 06:10 AM

-Douglas

Good point.

NBA-GMaster
09-12-2012, 08:27 AM
If he wants more playing time and a playoff contender.. Pick Philly or Memphis..
But the best suited for him is SPURS.. they really need a backup PG.. and with his national teammate Splitter and Diaw..

EDUTEXANS
09-12-2012, 08:32 AM
If he wants more playing time and a playoff contender.. Pick Philly or Memphis..
But the best suited for him is SPURS.. they really need a backup PG.. and with his national teammate Splitter and Diaw..

No they don't, they already have Mills and Neal. And they have Ginobili and Green at SG plus Jackson who can play there too. He woudn't see much playing time there.

edit: And in what world are Diaw and Barbosa national teammates?

koreancabbage
09-12-2012, 09:12 AM

Nash-Dragic
Jrich-Ch
Hedo-Dudley
Fry-Hill
Lopez

in what world would they contend? they were just a playoff team but their lack of defense will/would have been their demise.

C_Mund
09-12-2012, 09:38 AM

Not to discount anything you've said, but have you ever actually watched LB play? I know you have, so why would you think he'd feel pressure? The guy's whole game is rapid-firing shots and if they go in, he stays on the floor. If they don't, he comes off. He never met a shot he didn't like and if he misses he's immediately looking for the next. It's like saying "I bet JR Smith was nervous taking his first shot for the Knicks" because we can probably all assume that he wasn't even close. LB don't care about fans or media scrutiny.

Vinylman
09-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Agree. Duhon just doesn't fit what we're trying to do. As much as I dislike Blake at the moment, I'm sure he'll flourish being mentored by Nash and he has the chemistry for 2 yrs now with Kobe, Ron and Pau, so it's good to have that familiarity off the bench (especially with so many new faces for the Lakers this season).

Duhon however has 2 yrs left on his contract, and no one will be wanting to take him on.

We already have Ebanks & Jamison to take care of the 3 and Jamison and Hill to take care of the 4, so I just don't see the need for a guy like Clark, who IMO is more tradable than Duhon.

So yes, I wouldn't mind getting rid of the dead weight that we got in the Dwight deal.

huh? If there is anyone on the lakers roster who can sub for Nash and play the same role it is duhon... he did it for Dantoni in NY... He is a WAY better facilitator than blake who does nothing but dribble the ball for 10 seconds and passes the ball off so he can go beat his meat in the corner

to say he doesn't fit is ridiculous...

if you want to say you don't like him or his efficiency that is fine but to somehow argue that he isn't a better pure pont guard fit than blake is assinine.

Vinylman
09-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Not to discount anything you've said, but have you ever actually watched LB play? I know you have, so why would you think he'd feel pressure? The guy's whole game is rapid-firing shots and if they go in, he stays on the floor. If they don't, he comes off. He never met a shot he didn't like and if he misses he's immediately looking for the next. It's like saying "I bet JR Smith was nervous taking his first shot for the Knicks" because we can probably all assume that he wasn't even close. LB don't care about fans or media scrutiny.

You gotta understand KB..blah blah is like many laker excuse makers coming up with bull **** why bad signings didn't work with some mythical "pressure" excuse. Last time i checked the role players the lakers have signed via FA have basically performed to their historical levels...

Maybe he can enlighten us on who hasn't...

If he really believed his own BS he would be arguing that the meeks signing was terrible.

Barbosa would be a welcome addition to the Lakers and should have been a priority all along over a guy like meeks... why

BECAUSE HE IS THE BETTER PLAYER

Chronz
09-12-2012, 12:04 PM

Money speaks loudest, Hill doesn't give a **** about pressure, he just wants the best situation

Chronz
09-12-2012, 12:18 PM

Your making less sense with each passing day.

They traded a pick and some cash for an expiring? Just say he did or didn't play bad, stop seeking out odd justifications

Stinkyoutsider
09-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Not sure where he will land at this point? He's a solid rotation player on a team but I think the reason he may not have landed yet may be due to money. I don't think he wants to settle for the vets minimum...

Maybe the only reasons why he wants to stay in the NBA is competition and a chance at a title? He could get more than the vets minimum in Europe.

king4day
09-12-2012, 12:42 PM
I thought I read that he has a potential offer overseas that woulda paid him nicely.
If he wants to win, he'll have to take the vet min and wait.

I wish the Suns signed him instead of Brown. Brown is more talented at this stage but we coulda had him on a one year 3-4mil deal and not worry about the burden of him taking part of next years cap like Brown will.

Mave1002
09-12-2012, 01:14 PM
I thought I read that he has a potential offer overseas that woulda paid him nicely.
If he wants to win, he'll have to take the vet min and wait.

I wish the Suns signed him instead of Brown. Brown is more talented at this stage but we coulda had him on a one year 3-4mil deal and not worry about the burden of him taking part of next years cap like Brown will.

Do you think its unlikely for you guys to land Barbosa?

Mave1002
09-12-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

Sean Deveney of the Sporting News believes the Lakers are still the most likely landing spot for unrestricted free agent Leandro Barbosa. :pray:

Lakers remain most likely landing spot for Leandro Barbosa
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-09-12/la-lakers-news-leandro-barbosa-steve-nash-text-brooklyn-nets-phoenix-suns

Perhaps the best free agent remaining on the NBA market is guard Leandro Barbosa, who spent his summer playing for Brazil in the Olympics. He was asked then about his situation in the league, and he responded by saying, “I am going to take my time and wait for the right place for me. It is not just money, it is being in the right place.”

Barbosa is still waiting. He did tell a Brazilian website, though, that three teams—the Brooklyn Nets, Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns — are pursuing him, and that the Nets have made the strongest pitch. According to Howard Beck of The New York Times, though, the Nets "aren’t likely” to sign him.

The Lakers, who were rumored to be interested last month, remain Barbosa’s most likely destination, and Barbosa told the site, “Steve Nash even texted me because he wants me there.” Nash and Barbosa were teammates in Phoenix.

L.A. could create a roster spot for Barbosa, and it could use a veteran scoring guard off the bench. But Barbosa would have to accept the league minimum, a pretty steep drop from the $7.6 million he earned last year. He probably deserves more—he is only 29 and averaged 11.1 points last year, shooting 38.2 percent on 3-pointers—but there simply isn’t much cap space left on the market.

smith&wesson
09-12-2012, 01:22 PM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

Sean Deveney of the Sporting News believes the Lakers are still the most likely landing spot for unrestricted free agent Leandro Barbosa. :pray:

Lakers remain most likely landing spot for Leandro Barbosa
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-09-12/la-lakers-news-leandro-barbosa-steve-nash-text-brooklyn-nets-phoenix-suns

Perhaps the best free agent remaining on the NBA market is guard Leandro Barbosa, who spent his summer playing for Brazil in the Olympics. He was asked then about his situation in the league, and he responded by saying, “I am going to take my time and wait for the right place for me. It is not just money, it is being in the right place.”

Barbosa is still waiting. He did tell a Brazilian website, though, that three teams—the Brooklyn Nets, Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns — are pursuing him, and that the Nets have made the strongest pitch. According to Howard Beck of The New York Times, though, the Nets "aren’t likely” to sign him.

The Lakers, who were rumored to be interested last month, remain Barbosa’s most likely destination, and Barbosa told the site, “Steve Nash even texted me because he wants me there.” Nash and Barbosa were teammates in Phoenix.

L.A. could create a roster spot for Barbosa, and it could use a veteran scoring guard off the bench. But Barbosa would have to accept the league minimum, a pretty steep drop from the $7.6 million he earned last year. He probably deserves more—he is only 29 and averaged 11.1 points last year, shooting 38.2 percent on 3-pointers—but there simply isn’t much cap space left on the market.

Crazy how all these updates are surfacing now.

i still beleive laker land would be the best fit for him... he will get lots of mins behinds kobe and nash. + he and jamison would cause havoc for 2nd units.

Mave1002
09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Crazy how all these updates are surfacing now.

i still beleive laker land would be the best fit for him... he will get lots of mins behinds kobe and nash.

Something is imminent. :D

Seriously though, It makes perfect sense. Coz Phoenix resigned Shannon Brown. Brooklyn on the other hand:

Nets Not Likely to Sign Leandro Barbosa?
September 12, 2012

I don’t mean to question Leandro Barbosa’s reporting on Leandro Barbosa, but I’m told Nets aren’t likely to sign Leandro Barbosa.

via Howard Beck via Twitter
http://www.hoopsworld.com/daily-nba-news/

king4day
09-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Do you think its unlikely for you guys to land Barbosa?

While our team isn't exactly stacked with talent, our rotation players are set. He'll want playing time and we can't promise him that.

Dragic/Marshall/Telfair
Dudley/Brown
Beasley/Johnson/Tucker
Scola/Morris
Gortat/Frye/O'Neal

But there's also this: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2012/9/11/3318888/suns-to-bring-back-leandro-barbosa-seriously

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 01:29 PM
huh? If there is anyone on the lakers roster who can sub for Nash and play the same role it is duhon... he did it for Dantoni in NY... He is a WAY better facilitator than blake who does nothing but dribble the ball for 10 seconds and passes the ball off so he can go beat his meat in the corner

to say he doesn't fit is ridiculous...

if you want to say you don't like him or his efficiency that is fine but to somehow argue that he isn't a better pure pont guard fit than blake is assinine.

We need some familiarity off the bench, especially with so many new faces on this team.

The only holdovers we have from our back to back titles in 09 and 2010 are Kobe and Pau, and we have Ron from the 2010 Title. Then we have Blake and Ebanks from Phil's last season in 2011.

Everyone else just came last yr. It's good to have some familiarity, and I'm sure Blake can blossom under Nash. I heard earlier this week those two went to EL Segundo to work out with Special coach Phil Handy. The assumption would be that the two are working so that Nash could help BLake out with his game perhaps?

Duhon hasn't done anything of significance since his Bulls and Knicks days. Yes he shot well from 3 pt range in Orlando, but how many attempts did he really have? I like his defense, but as I said, we need some familiarity off the bench.

However, if the Lakers FO did make a move where they kept Duhon and got rid of Blake, well, I wouldn't question them as I've seen this summer that clearly know what the hell they're doing.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Something is imminent. :D

Seriously though, It makes perfect sense. Coz Phoenix resigned Shannon Brown. Brooklyn on the other hand:

Nets Not Likely to Sign Leandro Barbosa?
September 12, 2012

I donít mean to question Leandro Barbosaís reporting on Leandro Barbosa, but Iím told Nets arenít likely to sign Leandro Barbosa.

via Howard Beck via Twitter
http://www.hoopsworld.com/daily-nba-news/

Well, BKN decided to sign Childress, so I think they're pretty set in their rotations.

It's either PHX, LAL or Brazil for Barbosa. (in that order imo).

Mave1002
09-12-2012, 01:32 PM
While our team isn't exactly stacked with talent, our rotation players are set. He'll want playing time and we can't promise him that.

Dragic/Marshall/Telfair
Dudley/Brown
Beasley/Johnson/Tucker
Scola/Morris
Gortat/Frye/O'Neal

But there's also this: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2012/9/11/3318888/suns-to-bring-back-leandro-barbosa-seriously

Figured. Thanks man.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Your making less sense with each passing day.

They traded a pick and some cash for an expiring? Just say he did or didn't play bad, stop seeking out odd justifications

Yes, I did not know that. Calm down junior.

Mave1002
09-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Well, BKN decided to sign Childress, so I think they're pretty set in their rotations.

It's either PHX, LAL or Brazil for Barbosa. (in that order imo).

IMO, were a little ahead of the competition. Weve got the best recruiters in town. :D

Vinylman
09-12-2012, 01:49 PM
We need some familiarity off the bench, especially with so many new faces on this team.

The only holdovers we have from our back to back titles in 09 and 2010 are Kobe and Pau, and we have Ron from the 2010 Title. Then we have Blake and Ebanks from Phil's last season in 2011.

Everyone else just came last yr. It's good to have some familiarity, and I'm sure Blake can blossom under Nash. I heard earlier this week those two went to EL Segundo to work out with Special coach Phil Handy. The assumption would be that the two are working so that Nash could help BLake out with his game perhaps?

Duhon hasn't done anything of significance since his Bulls and Knicks days. Yes he shot well from 3 pt range in Orlando, but how many attempts did he really have? I like his defense, but as I said, we need some familiarity off the bench.

However, if the Lakers FO did make a move where they kept Duhon and got rid of Blake, well, I wouldn't question them as I've seen this summer that clearly know what the hell they're doing.

Seriously dude... blake is 3 years away from being out of the NBA... his numbers are falling off a cliff the last 2 years... to think he will blossom is nothing more than pure homerism...

blake is absolute garbage and will instantly destroy the pace of the offense when he subs in for Nash... Duhon is clearly the better fit because he is a better facilitator, has played the nash role before, and is a better defender.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Seriously dude... blake is 3 years away from being out of the NBA... his numbers are falling off a cliff the last 2 years... to think he will blossom is nothing more than pure homerism...

blake is absolute garbage and will instantly destroy the pace of the offense when he subs in for Nash... Duhon is clearly the better fit because he is a better facilitator, has played the nash role before, and is a better defender.

Well, it's going to be hard for someone to take on Blake's remaining 2 yrs and 8M. I mean, which team would be dumb enough to take on him and his contract?

thedfactor
09-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Maybe the Spurs, though they have several guards

Vinylman
09-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Well, it's going to be hard for someone to take on Blake's remaining 2 yrs and 8M. I mean, which team would be dumb enough to take on him and his contract?

I could care less about what he is getting paid or who will take him...

he is the inferior player on the court....

the less playing time he sees the better off the lakers will be.

5ass
09-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Duhon is worse than blake. Lmao u guys will see. He cant even dribble the ball up the court properly. He post his way from half court. Its crazy how **** he has become. He is NOTHING more than a shooter at this point in his career.

PacersForLife
09-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Duhon is worse than blake. Lmao u guys will see. He cant even dribble the ball up the court properly. He post his way from half court. Its crazy how **** he has become. He is NOTHING more than a shooter at this point in his career.

Well he is good for dancing on the sidelines as well. :p

Mave1002
09-12-2012, 08:48 PM

Is he a better 3pt shooter than Blake?