PDA

View Full Version : Durant reincarnation of Len Bias

Blazers#1Fan
09-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Go watch tape on both there so similar its crazy. jumpshot,dunks,the voice facial expressions i think durant is what bias would of been maybe bias would of been better bias use to man handle jordan

douglas
09-07-2012, 10:05 PM
It's as if Kevin Durant is the reincarnation of Len Bias.

UPRock
09-07-2012, 10:16 PM
That dude was good.

idrinkpepsi
09-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Hmm.. interesting.

NYKnickFanatic
09-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Go watch tape on both there so similar its crazy. jumpshot,dunks,the voice facial expressions i think durant is what bias would of been maybe bias would of been better bias use to man handle jordan

You start this thread, you think you would have some footage handy.

Eg714
09-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Been secretly thinking of this.

Hawkeye15
09-07-2012, 10:41 PM
huh, I actually see a ton of similarities.

BradHolt4CYoung
09-07-2012, 10:44 PM
They both grew up in Maryland....lolz

dtmagnet
09-07-2012, 10:47 PM
As far as I know Durant doesn't do cocaine, comparison over.

Hawkeye15
09-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Imagine if Bias stayed alive and healthy, how hard the C's would have owned 1986-1990.

PhillysPhinest
09-07-2012, 10:52 PM
I actually kind of like this comparison.. Although Len Bias had more meat on his bones

b@llhog24
09-07-2012, 10:55 PM
It's as if Kevin Durant is the reincarnation of Len Bias.

:win:

You start this thread, you think you would have some footage handy.

Lol same thing I was thinking.

netsgiantsyanks
09-07-2012, 11:05 PM
bias could have been a great player, foolish decision on his behalf. in his case, it was fatal. **** is sad.

jp611
09-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Bias was going to be great... What a shame

Hellcrooner
09-07-2012, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DGVlXxG2Pk

That Draft class..............man Cocaine deprived us of several of its players becoming miltiple time allstars.

Gram
09-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Agreed.

Six-8-TheWizard
09-08-2012, 12:00 AM

That Draft class..............man Cocaine deprived us of several of its players becoming miltiple time allstars.

Cocaines a hell of a drug

itsbeefy11
09-08-2012, 12:25 AM
whoa never noticed that. good pickup

IKnowHoops
09-08-2012, 02:35 AM
I'd take Bias over Durant. He doesnt shoot as well as Durant, but every other part of his game seems to be better. I love his nba ready body. His stature seems directly in between Durant and Lebron. Man he could of been so good. He could of been on Mikes level as far as game. I doubt he would of been as clutch, but he could of been just as much as a force during the first 47 minutes. Could of been right there with Shaq, Lebron, and Jordan as far as talent and god given ability. That really sucks that his life went down like that.

I repeat, Id take bias over Durant. And I would even venture to say, Jordan may not have one as many rings had Bias not died. He really was that good.

IKnowHoops
09-08-2012, 02:38 AM
David robinson was a player that if he had the right talent on his team he could of taken some rings from Mike. Say if David would of played with charles barkley in his prime just as Mike played with pippen. They could of split rings with them for real

topdog
09-08-2012, 02:55 AM
Bias vs. Jordan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=y4u4MdSGSDo&NR=1

ThornMo
09-08-2012, 03:21 AM
not even close. yes, they were raw and unseen talents out of college, but their skill sets are much different. furthermore I'd hope people could leave the tragedy out of the conversation. many of our idols have done worse than len bias and come away unscathed and very successful. it's a valid and interesting argument, but the guys were different players with the only similarity is being a freak athlete that no one had seen before. one's career was cut short, while the rest of the world gets to see the other's career unfold.
in terms of JUST NBA players I think the more fair interpretation would be Hakeem and Durant. Each has such an uncanny range of skills per their size and athleticism, although like the Len Bias comparison, a much different set of skills.

MadBomber
09-08-2012, 04:26 AM

for reals man!!

bagwell368
09-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Imagine if Bias stayed alive and healthy, how hard the C's would have owned 1986-1990.

Celt fans think about it all the time. They gave up Henderson and a possible flag to get the pick. McHale for sure and Bird maybe would have held up better during those years. Once McHale played on the broken foot he was toast.

One thing for sure - Bias was a much tougher customer then Durant re: rebounding and taking and giving the body.

theheatles
09-08-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't see too much Durant in him, he reminds me of a mini Shawn Kemp

freedas
09-08-2012, 10:11 AM
len bias 30 for 30 is on right now on espn classic

JasonJohnHorn
09-08-2012, 10:15 AM

They would have owned a lot longer than that... with Reggie Lewis (and if he has not passed away so young). Bias and Lewis would have given Boston an amazing young core, while they still had vets like McHale, Bird and Parish.

Had Bias and Lewis not passed away so young, Jordan would not have come away with six titles, that much is for sure.

SA5195
09-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Both got picked 2nd overall too lol. Damn he was a good player! :speechless: Really sad of his cocaine story and how he died at only 22 :(

TopsyTurvy
09-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Ah yes, the famous brother of Less Bias...

Less often frequents these very forums. (Oh wait, no he doesn't)

bagwell368
09-08-2012, 04:30 PM
They would have owned a lot longer than that... with Reggie Lewis (and if he has not passed away so young). Bias and Lewis would have given Boston an amazing young core, while they still had vets like McHale, Bird and Parish.

Had Bias and Lewis not passed away so young, Jordan would not have come away with six titles, that much is for sure.

Bias could have been a franchise player but back Lewis was a 4 at best on a Championship team, and he only reached that level his last two years.

Bird's back did him in and he was on fumes after '87. DJ was likewise fading, and McHale even w/o the foot would have been done by about '93 at the latest.

The Lakers were still tough, the Pistons at their peak, and the Bulls starting to round it together - at best the Celts would have gotten 2 more titles, and 1 would be a better guess. I'm pretty sure I've thought about this longer than any other poster here.

Super.
09-08-2012, 04:49 PM

I don't want to think about that

blastmasta26
09-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Cocaines a hell of a drug
I think this is the first time I've heard that saying in a serious context.

Reddd
09-08-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, that I would choose Bias over Durant during the 90's and the early 20's, but not right now, because as of today, too much of the actual game lies on outside shooting. Today, you need to be a great shooter in order to really break through, especially in the forward position.

But, my bottom line is, that you really can not compare something with something that never happened. We all love to do that, but there's no clear explanation on what could have been the REAL Len Bias.

John Walls Era
09-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Torturing the Celtics fans all over again. They were tanking for Oden/Durant that season too.

Blazers#1Fan
09-08-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, that I would choose Bias over Durant during the 90's and the early 20's, but not right now, because as of today, too much of the actual game lies on outside shooting. Today, you need to be a great shooter in order to really break through, especially in the forward position.

But, my bottom line is, that you really can not compare something with something that never happened. We all love to do that, but there's no clear explanation on what could have been the REAL Len Bias.

Funny thing is len bias had a really nice inside outside game

But also to the thread bashers im on a iphone hard to put youtube videos
if its a big deal put it on here instead of bashing

Ive watched alot of len bias and i do watch durant and there jump shot motions are so much alike there style of play everything bias use to light up jordan

And this isnt to talk about his OD on coke its about the player he was

Blazers#1Fan
09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Also sorry C's fans i wasnt trying to bait just mentioning the player he was and could of been

bagwell368
09-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Also sorry C's fans i wasnt trying to bait just mentioning the player he was and could of been

It broke Red. He knew this kid since HS. He knew his family. He pulled off a great trade. He pretended he wanted the BD as much or more than Bias. He got the guy he wanted.

He was never the same afterwards - he even said so. It was impossible to watch McHale throw away his career playing on a broken foot, and Bird's back woes getting worse and worse w/o wondering about Bias's impact (or expectations of his impact).

I know from following Bias's career before and then after watching more tape that he was going to have a better career than James Worthy.

Of course Celtics fans were not as close as Red was to this. We were not broken in the same way as he was. But as long as I have the capacity of a memory I will never forget it - easily the worst event in Celtics history.

esb
09-09-2012, 07:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=_8Q0k6VVfOc&NR=1

Without Bias.