PDA

View Full Version : How come the Bulls are getting no respect as a Playoff contender?

Fresno
09-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Rose is only going to be out until mid-January.

That is still more than enough time to get back into the swing of things by the Playoffs in April.

Ebbs
09-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Umm well no one knows what Rose will look like when he gets back. And the Bulls have to be competitive until that point?

IndyRealist
09-07-2012, 04:21 PM
The Bulls are still a playoff contender. But they haven't done a whole lot to get excited about. It's the offseason.

KnickaBocka.44
09-07-2012, 04:29 PM
The bulls without Rose remind me of the 6ers last year. Solid players with no one who can really take over a game on a consistent basis. Defense will keep them around .500 until he gets back IMO, but there isn't really a consistent threat to break defenses down and command help, which means tougher shots for the rest of the team.

Once he gets back there will be an adjustment period and as far as the playoffs, they might get a tough matchup in the first round so it is hard to say they are a contender at this point.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Because Rose is coming off ACL surgery,they want go far in the playoffs without a 100% healthy Rose.

StarvingKnick22
09-07-2012, 04:33 PM
They said Rose wont be expected until late March. Isnt that a little too close to Playoff Time?

JNoel
09-07-2012, 04:34 PM
They lost their some crucial players part of the "bench mob" plus Bulls might just sit Rose out depending if they have a bad season or not. All in all, Bulls fans know that it will be an off year until 13-14. Not counting them out of the playoffs though.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-07-2012, 04:36 PM
CJ Watson became Kirk Hinrich

John Lucas III became Nate Robinson

Kyle Korver became Marco Belinelli

Ronnie Brewer became Vladimir Radmanovic

Omer Asik became Nazr Mohammed

That's why.

dnewguy
09-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Shoutout to Derrick Rose, man that brotha nice

A Bulls fan, that's that shhh I don't like.

Hawkeye15
09-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Rose probably won't be playing games until late Jan, early Feb at the earliest, won't be 100% possibly all season. They shelled their bench off to get under the tax. The Bulls are taking a baby step backwards, and gearing up for a very strong 2012-13 return, when they can amnesty Boozer, sign legit help with the $8-10 million they can create, and get a 100% Rose back.

douglas
09-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Derrick Rose has a boo boo :(

shep33
09-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Tough season for the Bulls. Definitely a playoff team, but nobody knows how Drose will look come February

RSA27
09-07-2012, 06:43 PM

That's why.

But you have to agree all the money the Bulls front office has been pouring into its controversial player transmutation project has finally paid off.

Cubby
09-07-2012, 07:13 PM

That's why.

Hinrich>Watson
Robinson>Lucas
Bellinelli (can create his own shot)>Korver

The next part confuses me... Rad doesn't replace him at all. It's actually Butler that replaces him, who is better offensively and ever so slightly worse defensively.

Asik is our only downgrade, so I ask again, how did our bench get worse? I've yet to hear a logical reason why. I get the same recycled ******** regarding the Bulls every time I come in here. Next I'm going to hear "Rose isn't actually a PG."

Cubby
09-07-2012, 07:15 PM

That song sucks.

Cubby
09-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Rose probably won't be playing games until late Jan, early Feb at the earliest, won't be 100% possibly all season. They shelled their bench off to get under the tax. The Bulls are taking a baby step backwards, and gearing up for a very strong 2012-13 return, when they can amnesty Boozer, sign legit help with the $8-10 million they can create, and get a 100% Rose back.

Kind of unfair to judge. We have no idea how he will respond to the rehab when he comes back. Hell, AP is already playing Week 1. Rose is arguably every bit as athletic as him, so. But I agree about the revamp year.

smiddy012
09-07-2012, 07:23 PM

How does one grow up to be so dumb? You fascinate me.

Hawkeye15
09-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Kind of unfair to judge. We have no idea how he will respond to the rehab when he comes back. Hell, AP is already playing Week 1. Rose is arguably every bit as athletic as him, so. But I agree about the revamp year.

I am judging based off normal recovery rate, and factoring in Rose's game is athletic dependent. Can he beat my timetable? Possibly. But more then likely, he will have a mostly missed season. I don't expect to see the dominant Rose consistently until 2012-13. Obviously neither do the Bulls, or they would have held on to their better bench and paid the taxes, hoping Rose was 100% by the playoffs.

And yeah, I actually am onboard with the Bulls plan. Get under the tax, and make sure you can be players next summer when you amnesty Boozer and have some money, and a healthy Rose.

smith&wesson
09-07-2012, 07:31 PM
hincrich, robinson, & marco were all good pick ups for the bulls. so long as rose comes back the way he was they will be contending. there is just more compitition in the east now in comparison to before.

KNICKS R BACK
09-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Hinrich>Watson
Robinson>Lucas

The next part confuses me... Rad doesn't replace him at all. It's actually Butler that replaces him, who is better offensively and ever so slightly worse defensively.

Asik is our only downgrade, so I ask again, how did our bench get worse? I've yet to hear a logical reason why. I get the same recycled ******** regarding the Bulls every time I come in here. Next I'm going to hear "Rose isn't actually a PG."

he isnt

Raps18-19 Champ
09-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Most people here think they'll make the playoffs. What are you talking about?

ThePooH_1_
09-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Bulls are still contenders, but they have to get the great chemistry back and Rose won't come back January. Our FO won't rush him back

Ezio
09-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I am judging based off normal recovery rate, and factoring in Rose's game is athletic dependent. Can he beat my timetable? Possibly. But more then likely, he will have a mostly missed season. I don't expect to see the dominant Rose consistently until 2012-13. Obviously neither do the Bulls, or they would have held on to their better bench and paid the taxes, hoping Rose was 100% by the playoffs.

And yeah, I actually am onboard with the Bulls plan. Get under the tax, and make sure you can be players next summer when you amnesty Boozer and have some money, and a healthy Rose.

We won't amnesty him that early. Most likely when Deng's contract is up. Heck I even think he'll get traded, I mean if Johnson got traded, Boozer can be moved.

Hardaway Here
09-07-2012, 08:16 PM
They might make the playoffs if Rose comes back strong but we all know he ia not going to be 100% and even if they do get to the playoffs be real they aren't taking home any gold

THE MTL
09-07-2012, 08:35 PM

That is still more than enough time to get back into the swing of things by the Playoffs in April.

All the reports have him coming back in March. Iono where you got January from?

Kuya_Clive
09-07-2012, 08:36 PM
That song sucks.

bang bang

fin_frenzy_84
09-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Even without Rose the Bulls will make the playoffs. Name 8 teams in the East better...

b@llhog24
09-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Because they let go of Scalabrine.

beasted86
09-07-2012, 09:21 PM
First round fast food teams usually don't get much buzz.

Nobody was talking about the Hawks or Magic over the last couple seasons. The Bulls have fallen to that category where simply making the playoffs is their ceiling.

beasted86
09-07-2012, 09:25 PM
BTW don't hold your breath on Rose being back in January.

8 months is actually rushing it for a torn ACL. 10 months seems more likely and the safe route for a franchise player who is due $90M. Don't expect the front office to let him play in January even if he says and thinks he is ready to go.

Ezio
09-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Because they let go of Scalabrine.

Your sig :laugh:

Guess Minny should just bench AP since he's their franchise player and all.

CubsBullsBucs
09-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Hinrich>Watson
Robinson>Lucas

completely agree! ive tried to say that id rather have hinrich nate and marco over jl3 watson and korver but everyone bashed me. and brewer and asik could score for sh**. gibson and nazr will cover the 4 and 5 and radmovovic was signed as a 12th man. butler is developing into the kind of player that is crucial to a championship team. rose will eventually be back and they have noah boozer deng and rip. this team is still and will be for a long time a championship contender. the only downgrade made thisoffseason was losing scalabrine

Cubby
09-07-2012, 10:12 PM
BTW don't hold your breath on Rose being back in January.

8 months is actually rushing it for a torn ACL. 10 months seems more likely and the safe route for a franchise player who is due $90M. Don't expect the front office to let him play in January even if he says and thinks he is ready to go.

It doesn't matter what he says. It's what the doctors say. And resting it "just to be safe" is stupid. For one, he needs build muscle around the injured ligament. Resting it is counterproductive. Secondly, he needs as many reps as possible. If he has more reps he could possibly be fully ready to go by the start of the playoffs.

Cubby
09-07-2012, 10:13 PM
First round fast food teams usually don't get much buzz.

Nobody was talking about the Hawks or Magic over the last couple seasons. The Bulls have fallen to that category where simply making the playoffs is their ceiling.

Now have water all over my iPad. That was a good one, stud.

Cubby
09-07-2012, 10:14 PM

Most of the stuff I've read states that he's already ahead of schedule.

thefuturecoach1
09-07-2012, 10:20 PM
because the same reason people don't show the bears respect. they fear us, and people hide their fear behind their acting.

xxplayerxx23
09-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Ummmm, Bulls will be a playoff team in the east :confused: They need Rose to get back healthy to have any chance at advancing past round 1, but they will be a playoff team.

Hawkeye15
09-07-2012, 10:27 PM
We won't amnesty him that early. Most likely when Deng's contract is up. Heck I even think he'll get traded, I mean if Johnson got traded, Boozer can be moved.

I disagree. If I am the Bulls front office, I roll with Taj with a smaller salary, and amnesty Boozer and then flip a contract for a 2nd rounder and create $10 million in cap space, to sign someone of importance.

heyman321
09-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Now have water all over my iPad. That was a good one, stud.

:violin:

Hawkeye15
09-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Most of the stuff I've read states that he's already ahead of schedule.

Same with Rubio. But he won't play until December, and his tear was 2 months before Rose's. Fact is, Rose is most likely going to have a wasted year.

Captain Moroni
09-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Rose back in January? Maybe with a magic potion. More like march.
Even then if he has any setbacks? Will he be the same Rose? Bench defense....gone.

jp611
09-07-2012, 10:58 PM

That's why.

The first three are all improvements

The last one is an obvious downgrade, although you're going to see Taj Gibson become a 30-35 minute a game player, playing some C and mostly PF

And Ronnie brewer actually becomes jimmy butler... Jimmy has a better offensive game then Ronnie already and plays very good defense

Brian Scalabrine became vladimir radmanavich

jp611
09-07-2012, 11:00 PM

All the reports have him coming back in March. Iono where you got January from?

All the reports say he's about a month ahead of schedule... It's 2012, people come back from acl injuries faster now.. Adrian peterson, an nfl RB tore his acl and mcl in November of last season, he will be back by Sunday maybe... Things are looking good for Derrick, what reports are you talking about?

Ezio
09-07-2012, 11:42 PM
I disagree. If I am the Bulls front office, I roll with Taj with a smaller salary, and amnesty Boozer and then flip a contract for a 2nd rounder and create $10 million in cap space, to sign someone of importance.

I don't like Taj as a starter, he has no J. Also Mirotic is the future starting PF for the Bulls.

JLynn943
09-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Are people actually even saying they aren't a playoff contender? It's the East, almost everyone is a threat to make the playoffs. If Rose actually comes back in January and the new players step up (all of which is at least feasible), then they're unquestionably a playoff contender.

Cubby
09-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Same with Rubio. But he won't play until December, and his tear was 2 months before Rose's. Fact is, Rose is most likely going to have a wasted year.

He's a month ahead of schedule already. He's only a few months into the process and he's already running without issues and he's doing light on court activities. Plus he has a better work ethic than pretty much anyone not named Kobe. I just think you're underselling him. My gues is still early to mid February.

pacofunk64
09-08-2012, 12:33 AM
I think everyone expects the Bulls to be contenders for a playoff spot but that is about it. Even with a healthy Rose it would be very hard for them to beat the Heat. If Rose does come back I just don't see him being 100% until the next year.

bearadonisdna
09-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Are people actually even saying they aren't a playoff contender? It's the East, almost everyone is a threat to make the playoffs. If Rose actually comes back in January and the new players step up (all of which is at least feasible), then they're unquestionably a playoff contender.

Agreed. The people saying that are certified CLOWNS.

c.c.
09-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Because they can't win games night in and out without D. Rose

bearadonisdna
09-08-2012, 01:57 AM
Because they can't win games night in and out without D. Rose

How do you know?

Jarvo
09-08-2012, 02:07 AM
Rose needs to take his time coming back and don't rush it. Hell if he's not 100% sit out the whole year

TheIlladelph16
09-08-2012, 02:22 AM
He's a month ahead of schedule already. He's only a few months into the process and he's already running without issues and he's doing light on court activities. Plus he has a better work ethic than pretty much anyone not named Kobe. I just think you're underselling him. My gues is still early to mid February.

I don't think its a matter of questioning his work ethic. I don't doubt that Rose will say he is ready to go in late January and the doctors will probably give him the go ahead. The problem is that he will not be 100% no matter what way you spin it. AP is coming back far too quickly and if anyone thinks he is going to be the same dominant runner in the first half of the season they are fooling themselves. Rose relies heavily on his athleticism to create offense and coming back not 100% will hurt him next season. He will come back and contribute for sure, but they are not a title contender with him still recovering. Medical and scientific advancement will get him on the court faster than it used to, but he just won't be the same player next season.

topdog
09-08-2012, 02:31 AM

Highly doubtful. Recovery likely will take longer than that and then the FO won't let him play until they are certain he truly is 100%. They have too much money invested in him to take the risk of letting him play and re-injure.

bearadonisdna
09-08-2012, 02:35 AM
The doctors have said they expect Droses knee to recover at 125%.

Meaning it will be 25% better than it was before. The only part of drose that may not be at 100% will be his one knee.

Everything else will greatly enhanced by months of rehab of training. It will basically balance out. Plus everyone has to play like 6 months Rose would have to play like 3 months. Who has the upper hand?

Cubby
09-08-2012, 03:31 AM
I don't think its a matter of questioning his work ethic. I don't doubt that Rose will say he is ready to go in late January and the doctors will probably give him the go ahead. The problem is that he will not be 100% no matter what way you spin it. AP is coming back far too quickly and if anyone thinks he is going to be the same dominant runner in the first half of the season they are fooling themselves. Rose relies heavily on his athleticism to create offense and coming back not 100% will hurt him next season. He will come back and contribute for sure, but they are not a title contender with him still recovering. Medical and scientific advancement will get him on the court faster than it used to, but he just won't be the same player next season.

See that's the thing. You're assuming that he won't be ready to come back when he does. It's almost like you think you know more than the doctors.

Rose isn't stupid. He knows this injury isn't something to mess around with. He won't rush it.

NBA-GMaster
09-08-2012, 04:39 AM
Let's see.. they lose to Philly(8th seed), without Rose.. They didnt do any Big signings or a Blockbuster trade.. Losing Asik, Brewer and Watson will be a BIG deal in defense.. plus no decent SG starter..

smiddy012
09-08-2012, 06:01 AM

I couldn't agree with you more. I can explain quite simply.

Taj's defense > Boozer's offense
Taj's offense > Boozer's defense
Basketball is both a defensive and offensive sport, therefore
Taj > Booz

I hope to god Boozer gets injured next season, or at least him and Taj split PT equally. ****** thing to say I know, but I love Taj's character as much as I hate Boozers. And Taj has gotten not enough of a chance to shine, whereas Boozer has been pampered with chances like a baby.

smiddy012
09-08-2012, 06:09 AM
Let's see.. they lose to Philly(8th seed), without Rose.. They didnt do any Big signings or a Blockbuster trade.. Losing Asik, Brewer and Watson will be a BIG deal in defense.. plus no decent SG starter..

Just to clarify the only reason Rip isnt a decent starting SG is because he is injury prone as hell.

When he was healthy last season he was extremely impressive. He was literally our second option and he took away the burden of Rose having to do all the playmaking and distributing himself. I still am kicking myself over all the injuries, because now no one will ever know how good a healthy Rose/Rip/Deng/Boozer/Noah could've been. The glimpses I saw last year showed me the most impressive team basketball I've seen out of the Bulls since MJs days. But that's over with.

Badluck33
09-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Rose is done. He wont get back from this injury. No athlete returns to form after the type of injury he has had. He should just retire. Why'd they get rid of Scal? Bulls will be a lottery team for the next 4 years.

abe_froman
09-08-2012, 06:42 AM
i'm not sure actually,until going through this thread i didnt think that belief was there.maybe its a misunderstanding of the question or hopefulness??? i have no idea

its not a lock that they'll make the playoffs,but its a safe bet being in the east and has been seen these past two years if they can do one thing well-its to be an amazing regular season team(even won at an amazing rate last year when rose missed nearly half the season with injury issues)...now how far they go in the playoffs or if its in their best interest to make it are entirely different subjects

YoungOne
09-08-2012, 07:03 AM
I have the feeling they will tank this season, get a great pick, let rose recover 100%, amnesty boozer and make a big FA-Signing next year.

Procision
09-08-2012, 07:24 AM

That's why.

Kirk > Watson
Robinson > Lucas (hopefully he doesn't play though in playoff rotation)
Kover > Belinelli (That one hurt but hopefully Rip can see more minutes in the end of games now)
Butler > Brewer (Vlad is just a bench spot, Bulls let Brewer go because they have a younger and better shooting version of him.)
Asik > Mohammed ( That one hurt again but i think the Bulls will find a way without Asik as valuable as he was. )

el hidalgo
09-08-2012, 08:59 AM

That's why.

quit looking like a moron and acting like you know dick about the bulls, because you dont

BALLER R
09-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Any one thought of the idea that if the bulls miss the playoff. What if somehow they ended up with a top 10 pick in next years draft.

c.c.
09-08-2012, 10:31 AM
How do you know?

Because I watched 2012 playoffs, just because they added some new little role players to replace some old role players don't mean they made improvement. Especially not enough improvement to go to the playoffs and advance a round.

iliketurtles24
09-08-2012, 10:36 AM
I dont know why some bulls fans are getting upset.... Your team is not great without rose... you dont have rose most of this season... so your not great. You might make the playoffs but will be out in the first round, MAYBE make it to the second round.

mdm692
09-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Hinrich>Watson
Robinson>Lucas

Because you are a Bulls fan and this is PSD. If you ain't fron the Nets, Knicks Heat and Lakers then your team automatically sucks.

Ezio
09-08-2012, 11:13 AM
I couldn't agree with you more. I can explain quite simply.

Taj's defense > Boozer's offense
Taj's offense > Boozer's defense
Basketball is both a defensive and offensive sport, therefore
Taj > Booz

I hope to god Boozer gets injured next season, or at least him and Taj split PT equally. ****** thing to say I know, but I love Taj's character as much as I hate Boozers. And Taj has gotten not enough of a chance to shine, whereas Boozer has been pampered with chances like a baby.

Lol. Taj had plenty of time to shine. If the Bulls thought that Taj could be a starter they wouldn't have signed Boozer.

bearadonisdna
09-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Because I watched 2012 playoffs, just because they added so new little role players to replace some old role players don't mean they made improvement. Especially not enough improvement to go to the playoffs and advance a round.

It also doesnt mean they regressed.

If the old players couldnt get out of the first round, thats why they were shipped out for players who possibly could out of the first round.

D12 fan
09-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Who cares about the Bulls,they are nothing without Drose,man that boy nice bang bang.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-08-2012, 03:39 PM
because the bulls have an older rip hamilton, lose cj watson, who was a defensive minded backup, and lost omer asik, who played valuable minutes for the bulls.

now anythin can happen in the nba, but based on what we know now, the bulls are NOT contenders even WITH rose.

1. miami
2. boston

bulls would be third best team in the east AT best.
and in the nba overall, i say okc, lakers, spurs, clippers and maybe the nuggets are better. but time will tell of course.

xxplayerxx23
09-08-2012, 03:42 PM
When Healthy its Miami, Chicago top 2 in the east, They will figure it out in the postseason, but Miami is still the team to beat in the east.

CousinsEvansDUO
09-08-2012, 03:45 PM
The kings are going to be a better team than the Bulls this season, that's why.

mrblisterdundee
09-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Rose isn't going to be the same - not this year. And six months is only an estimate. He could be out all the way into the playoffs. Even with Rose, the Bulls are fourth-best in the league.

DeyAce
09-08-2012, 06:44 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
09-08-2012, 06:53 PM

:laugh2:

DoMeFavors
09-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Boozer will have to show the world he deserves his contract and be the go to guy

Alayla
09-08-2012, 10:48 PM
because the bulls have an older rip hamilton, lose cj watson, who was a defensive minded backup, and lost omer asik, who played valuable minutes for the bulls.

now anythin can happen in the nba, but based on what we know now, the bulls are NOT contenders even WITH rose.

1. miami
2. boston

bulls would be third best team in the east AT best.
and in the nba overall, i say okc, lakers, spurs, clippers and maybe the nuggets are better. but time will tell of course.

Not Sure If Stupid
Or Trolling

mrblisterdundee
09-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Not Sure If Stupid
Or Trolling

His post doesn't seem stupid or a troll's rant. Boston is often rated as the second-best team in the east, and all those teams in the west he listed could definitely beat the Bulls.

Gram
09-12-2012, 12:04 AM

Whether the Kings are a better team or not, they're sure not the reason the Bulls aren't getting any respect.

smiddy012
09-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Boozer will have to show the world he deserves his contract and be the go to guy

That ship has LONG since sailed my friend... :mad:

smiddy012
09-12-2012, 12:21 AM
His post doesn't seem stupid or a troll's rant. Boston is often rated as the second-best team in the east, and all those teams in the west he listed could definitely beat the Bulls.

Not the last two seasons they weren't. Commentators and experts only started putting Boston at number 2 once Rose went down. Chicago as the #2 in the East was written in stone the last 2 seasons, in fact there were more people that put Chicago above Miami than Boston above Chicago. Really no one had Boston ahead of Chicago, Chicago's 4-1 spanking of Boston in the playoffs to get to Miami had something to do with it.

smiddy012
09-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Lol. Taj had plenty of time to shine. If the Bulls thought that Taj could be a starter they wouldn't have signed Boozer.

Ummm they signed Boozer because he was the biggest FA available at the time, and the Bulls FO had to do something. And if the Bulls don't have faith in Taj, I wonder why the hell he is always gets the PT when the game or the season is on the line? You don't plan on giving Booz that monster deal just to sit him down in the most critical periods of the season.

Taj hasn't had consistent starting time since he was fresh to the league by the way. This idea that ALL players don't need starter's minutes to develop a rhythm is idiotic. No one in the league knows what Taj is truly capable of without committing to him as a starting PF, until it actually happens. You can assume, you can predict, but you'll never know until he gets the opportunity. And all Boozer has done so far is taken away his development IMO, it's not like Boozer helped us against Miami or Philly.

Oldmantrash
09-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Best thing for the Bulls is to tank the season, then get a high pick, to trade or keep, so they have a legit #2 guy to Rose.

I doubt they contend for a title this year, might as well go all in for 2013

DoMeFavors
09-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Best thing for the Bulls is to tank the season, then get a high pick, to trade or keep, so they have a legit #2 guy to Rose.

I doubt they contend for a title this year, might as well go all in for 2013

That doesnt show Derrick Rose a lot of confidence in his supporting cast if theyh cant even make the playoffs.

toovey107
09-12-2012, 02:40 AM
People clearly underestimate how good of a regular season team the Bulls are and Thib's influence. They'll win games based purely on that. For some reason, everyone seems to forget that we had the best record in the league ( tie w Spurs) with D Rose missing a ton of games along with others.

Do I think they have a shot to do anything significant in the playoffs? No. But they sure as hell will be a top team in the East again.

Gram
09-12-2012, 07:57 AM
That doesnt show Derrick Rose a lot of confidence in his supporting cast if theyh cant even make the playoffs.

The Nets definitely didn't show Deron Williams a lot of confidence this past year when they purposely tanked. :shrug:

SteBO
09-12-2012, 08:16 AM
People clearly underestimate how good of a regular season team the Bulls are and Thib's influence. They'll win games based purely on that. For some reason, everyone seems to forget that we had the best record in the league ( tie w Spurs) with D Rose missing a ton of games along with others.

Do I think they have a shot to do anything significant in the playoffs? No. But they sure as hell will be a top team in the East again.
Their bench and their defense were the two biggest reasons for it, yes. However, I think the Bulls' current bench isn't quite as good as years and you can't really fault others from questioning how long this regular season dominance can last without Rose. In saying that, I think they'll finish with a top 4-5 seed for the reasons you stated. As far as I'm concerend, the core guys are still there and Thibs isn't going to tolerate his team beating themselves on any night.

koreancabbage
09-12-2012, 09:15 AM

Deron Williams stayed with the Nets right?

and that team sucked so bad.

2-ONE-5
09-12-2012, 09:59 AM

u say only like he will be 100% and still have the same explosiveness that he relies on instantly. The Bulls are not ocntenders this year, next year, yes most likely.

theheatles
09-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Best case for Rose is to just sit the whole season out. If he comes back and the Bulls make the playoffs, they'll probably end up an 8 seed and they'll have to face the Heat and Rose will put his career at risk against a playoff intensity Heat D