PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Say Dwight Has No Offensive Game?

bucketss
09-05-2012, 08:08 PM
I never got that. Just because his moves don't look pretty doesn't mean it isn't effective he has a lot of pretty solid moves.

StarvingKnick22
09-05-2012, 08:12 PM
compared to Shaq, he has no offense.

Eagles710
09-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Ill be honest, i've never heard anyone say that ? lol

da ThRONe
09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't say no game, but he's limited. He's made great strides since working with Hakeem. I think the problem is up until the last couple of season he relied some much on his strength and athleticism.

b@llhog24
09-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Cause his footwork is ugly as ****.

StarvingKnick22
09-05-2012, 08:26 PM
who?

mikekhelxD
09-05-2012, 08:29 PM
compared to Shaq, he has no offense.

Ding. With so much people, maybe even Dwight, comparing himself to prime Shaq, he does not really have an O game. Shaq played in a physical era, but remember that he is just a beast, both physically and game wise.

D12 fan
09-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Because they don't watch Dwight play on a regular basis,ask any Magic fan and they will tell you Dwight has a offensive game.Dwight averages 14shots a game,all the other superstars Lebron/Kobe/Wade/Melo/Durant averages 18+shots a game.

Dwight has a offensive game the world will get to see him more now that he is playing for a popular franchise like the Lakers.

StinkEye
09-05-2012, 08:42 PM
link or it never happened.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Working with Kareem should help him.

tr3ymill3r
09-05-2012, 08:52 PM
I think it's because all we see of Dwight is blocked shots and put back dunks. I very rarely see him start with his back to the basket and consistenly make a hook shot, or face up and hit a 10 footer.

With the team in Orlando he was very rarely called upon to take the last shot, mainly because they would foul him and put him on the line, but because they didn't trust him to make the right play.

Great athlete with limited post game, but a lot of potential, and people just don't like him because he's a childish douche.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I think it's because all we see of Dwight is blocked shots and put back dunks. I very rarely see him start with his back to the basket and consistenly make a hook shot, or face up and hit a 10 footer.

With the team in Orlando he was very rarely called upon to take the last shot, mainly because they would foul him and put him on the line, but because they didn't trust him to make the right play.

Great athlete with limited post game, but a lot of potential, and people just don't like him because he's a childish douche.

You had such a good argument going....and then you added that last line. llullz

toovey107
09-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Never heard anyone say that.

Hellcrooner
09-05-2012, 09:02 PM
ive heard and said he has limited skill, limited post moves, limited offensive weapons.
But NEVEr that he does not have an offense, he has one but too reliant on his phisical atributes, he needs to work on his moves and skills, but guess what he is gonna be training with kareem now, and have the big with best post moves in the league by his side.
he should learn a thing or two.

SeoulBeatz
09-05-2012, 09:09 PM
His offensive game is based on athleticism. But he's so damn athletic/strong that it compensates for his lack of any traditional post moves besides that awkward hook shot.

Doesn't matter, still the best C in the game. Honestly, C's like Bynum and Bogut have better post moves, but Dwight is just as effective (if not more) because he can just overpower you.

hugepatsfan
09-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Because it's easier than saying "he has a low level of offensive skill relative to other elite players at his position in NBA history and instead relies on athleticism predominantly."

thrice4
09-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Are you the same guy who posted about arguing with his little sister about Durant?

bucketss
09-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Are you the same guy who posted about arguing with his little sister about Durant?

hell no.

thrice4
09-05-2012, 10:24 PM
hell no.
Lol I was only kidding. Yeah I'm sick of people talking up Brook Lopez's offensive game but nothing on Dwight. He is the best and it will be that way for a while.

mrblisterdundee
09-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Dwight has a mostly one-dimensional game: power. But he's developing other moves. I personally think he has one of the best modern sky hooks in the league.

lookie8
09-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Lol I was only kidding. Yeah I'm sick of people talking up Brook Lopez's offensive game but nothing on Dwight. He is the best and it will be that way for a while.

Are you proclaiming Dwight has a better offensive game than Brook Lopez?

Just asking, so that your proclamation is on the record.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Are you proclaiming Dwight has a better offensive game than Brook Lopez?

Just asking, so that your proclamation is on the record.

Lopez may have more versatility on the offensive end, but Dwight is a more "impactful" offensive player. Defenses need to be deviced by slowing him down by putting him on the free throw line (that's probably the best way to stop Dwight from getting easy dunks and lobs and shooting an efficient 60% from the field) and he always gets the opposing teams C and PF and backup bigs into foul trouble and gets to the line a lot, so he has more opportunities to produce more points.

Brook Lopez = more versatile offense player, wider offensive repertoire.

Dwight Howard = more effective and impactful offensive player while putting the opposing team's defense in jeopardy

I think that's the best way to sum up the two guys.

rapjuicer06
09-05-2012, 11:19 PM
His offensive game is based on athleticism. But he's so damn athletic/strong that it compensates for his lack of any traditional post moves besides that awkward hook shot.

Doesn't matter, still the best C in the game. Honestly, C's like Bynum and Bogut have better post moves, but Dwight is just as effective (if not more) because he can just overpower you.

I like that "blocked shot" on Dwight where he hits him on the wrist and its a highlight :laugh2:

lookie8
09-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Lopez may have more versatility on the offensive end, but Dwight is a more "impactful" offensive player. Defenses need to be deviced by slowing him down by putting him on the free throw line (that's probably the best way to stop Dwight from getting easy dunks and lobs and shooting an efficient 60% from the field) and he always gets the opposing teams C and PF and backup bigs into foul trouble and gets to the line a lot, so he has more opportunities to produce more points.

Brook Lopez = more versatile offense player, wider offensive repertoire.

Dwight Howard = more effective and impactful offensive player while putting the opposing team's defense in jeopardy

I think that's the best way to sum up the two guys.

Defense vs. Dwight is fouling him, should he get position.

He is an actual liability to his team on offense during crunch time.

You want to show your stupidity by comparing Dwight to Lopez offensively, knock yourself out, ignorant one.

InRoseWeTrust
09-06-2012, 07:25 PM
He's made serious improvements in the last 2 seasons, but given his combination of size and athleticism, he should have an arsenal of low post moves. Again, he's improved dramatically, but he's still not where he should be.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Defense vs. Dwight is fouling him, should he get position.

He is an actual liability to his team on offense during crunch time.

You want to show your stupidity by comparing Dwight to Lopez offensively, knock yourself out, ignorant one.

Dang, banned after just 157 posts, no wonder.

Not long before you get permabanned.

:dance: Amnesty lookie8! :dance:

You're Welcome. :up:

blastmasta26
09-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Dwight has a mostly one-dimensional game: power. But he's developing other moves. I personally think he has one of the best modern sky hooks in the league.

Not really a sky hook, more of a running hook. But it is something he has been using effectively recently.

D12 fan
09-06-2012, 09:07 PM
If Dwight read this he would say the op made it for the llullz.

bucketss
09-06-2012, 09:15 PM

please stop using "llullz" i have seen quite of few people using it lately, its so annoying please stop. thank you

LBJ23DMC20
09-06-2012, 09:18 PM
his offensive game is suspect other than dunks but i believe bynum has a better offensive game but dwight is the better overall player making a difference in a game/playoffs

D12 fan
09-06-2012, 09:29 PM
please stop using "llullz" i have seen quite of few people using it lately, its so annoying please stop. thank you

:yawn:

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-07-2012, 01:01 AM

Agree with bucketss, you are sorta taking the fun out of it using it basically in every post.

Be selective with the usage of that word. Cool? :cool:

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Because he has no offensive game. He should dominate for a player of his size but he doesn't. His career ppg is 18.6 that is pathetic for a player of his size and who was the number one option on his team.

b@llhog24
09-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Because he has no offensive game. He should dominate for a player of his size but he doesn't. His career ppg is 18.6 that is pathetic for a player of his size and who was the number one option on his team.

He's probably the second most dominant player in the game night in and night out. That's not good enough for you? :eyebrow:

DoubleDragon
09-07-2012, 10:32 AM
It's simply a question of diversity and "go to" moves, shots. His range of effectiveness outside of 3 ft from the rim simply needs to expand. Though now with an offensive group like he's playing with now, they'd be just as happy to take the offensive boards over scoring 25 plus. He needs shots within 10 ft on in and a few new post moves. This is why alot of bigs seek out Hakeem's inside game. Also, the 800 lb gorilla in the room...his complete lack of free throw line success. If you can't be effective at the line down the stretch, it gives the other team yet another way to stall or shut down offense. all in my humble opinion that is

JiffyMix88
09-07-2012, 10:56 AM
putbacks arn't considered a offensive game? then well i guess not

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 10:59 AM
He's probably the second most dominant player in the game night in and night out. That's not good enough for you? :eyebrow:

How is he the most dominant or second w/e if his ppg is 18:facepalm:. Don't get me wrong he can be but as of now he's not even top 5 :eyebrow:

Jimmy_Conway
09-07-2012, 11:02 AM
I think the problem is up until the last couple of season he relied some much on his strength and athleticism.

He is similar to James in this aspect. As soon as James loses a little athleticism he's going to be a little more than an above average player. He can't shoot to save his life and has zero post game.

JiffyMix88
09-07-2012, 11:05 AM
He is similar to James in this aspect. As soon as James loses a little athleticism he's going to be a little more than an above average player. He can't shoot to save his life and has zero post game.

I ****ing hate LeBron but I will say this his spot up shooting is still a working progress but James has definitely improved his shooting and most importantly his post up game which im pretty sure the world got to see during the playoffs this year.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 11:06 AM

Not true i hate lebron but he has developed a midrange game and a post game. Not to mention he is a great passer. When lebron gets old his ppg will come down but his apg will go up.

JiffyMix88
09-07-2012, 11:10 AM

I ****ing hate LeBron but I will say this his spot up shooting is still a working progress but James has definitely improved his shooting and most importantly his post up game which im pretty sure the world got to see during the playoffs this year.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-07-2012, 11:20 AM
if dwight howard has an offensive game, the magic would have been to the finals every since the last time they got to the finals.

because it was all dwight howard right? i mean we are gonna ignore that howard was averaging 19 ppg, rashard lewis 19 ppg, and hedo 18 ppg during that finals run, no it was all dwight howard..

when you are the best center, and the 'go to' option, u compare yourself to shaq, and average 20 ppg, u are pathetic.

heck shaq shot worse free throws and still had 30 ppgs.

and now that supergirl is playing with other go to options, expect his numbers to drop lol
pathetic.

dee279
09-07-2012, 11:23 AM
I guess the same reason they say Blake Griffin doesnt have an offensive game. All you see in highlights is dunks and put backs, and they dont have a jump shot but they both have an offensive game. They are no Al Jefferson when it comes to post moves but they use their strength, quickness, and athletic ability to just get pass their man or dunk over them.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 11:24 AM
if dwight howard has an offensive game, the magic would have been to the finals every since the last time they got to the finals.

because it was all dwight howard right? i mean we are gonna ignore that howard was averaging 19 ppg, rashard lewis 19 ppg, and hedo 18 ppg during that finals run, no it was all dwight howard..

when you are the best center, and the 'go to' option, u compare yourself to shaq, and average 20 ppg, u are pathetic.

heck shaq shot worse free throws and still had 30 ppgs.

and now that supergirl is playing with other go to options, expect his numbers to drop lol
pathetic.

Damn you are 1 bitter Miami Heat fan,who compared Dwight to Shaq?

This is about Dwight's offensive game and you come in here talking that bullshyt slanging yo dick around like somebody compared Dwight to Shaq.:facepalm:

Keep hating on Dwight all you want he is still a top 3 player in the NBA behind Lebron/Durant.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-07-2012, 11:26 AM

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL WTF

pls tell me you are a cavaliers fan or bulls fan to excuse the garbage you just typed.
if lebron was 'all athleticism' he wouldnt be the best player in the world.
smh dumbass.

now if you were talking about josh smith, that is a different story..

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-07-2012, 11:30 AM

This is about Dwight's offensive game and you come in here talking that bullshyt slanging yo dick around like somebody compared Dwight to Shaq.:facepalm:

Keep hating on Dwight all you want he is still a top 3 player in the NBA behind Lebron/Durant.

settle down, dont get a heart attack cos i called out ur fav player lol
dwight compared himself to shaq. if you read my paragraph properly, you would understand.

of course he is a top 3 player, and is mostly becuase of his DEFENSIVE game and REBOUNDING that he is in the top 3 discussion. if he played average defense he wouldnt even be top 10.

20 and 15 with good defense is the reason why he is top 3.
if he was 20 and 10 with average defense, he'd be sitting with andrew bynum out of the top 10

just cos i put an objective view about dwight howard, no reason to whine and cry about it.
stop slurpin bro.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 11:34 AM

Stop being so butthurt. Dude is speaking the truth d12 has no offensive game. Idk who said blake doesn't have an offensive game but b griffin can actually shoot a jump shot. Unlike d12 who looks like a dinosaur with his ******** form:speechless: and d12 isn't a top 3 player mr bandwagon fan:facepalm:

dee279
09-07-2012, 11:35 AM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL WTF

pls tell me you are a cavaliers fan or bulls fan to excuse the garbage you just typed.
if lebron was 'all athleticism' he wouldnt be the best player in the world.
smh dumbass.

now if you were talking about josh smith, that is a different story..

You must be a big Lebron fan. I agree with what you saying but you aint gotta name call somebody just because they have a different opinion on your favorite player.

C_Mund
09-07-2012, 11:37 AM

I'm pretty sure Howard compared Howard to Shaq when he started calling himself Superman.... or at least running with it when other people did because of that ******** song he liked.

Anyway, to say he has NO offensive game is ignorant. He puts up good (not great) offensive #'s on good percentages, which is what a C is supposed to do. Dwight earns his pay on the other side of the floor.
However....he's a defensive-minded player that's convinced himself he should be a #1 option. The fact that he's an athletic freak helps him out but it doesn't mean that he's even top-5 in 1-on-1 offensive capability as far as C's go in this league

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 11:39 AM
settle down, dont get a heart attack cos i called out ur fav player lol
dwight compared himself to shaq. if you read my paragraph properly, you would understand.

of course he is a top 3 player, and is mostly becuase of his DEFENSIVE game and REBOUNDING that he is in the top 3 discussion. if he played average defense he wouldnt even be top 10.

20 and 15 with good defense is the reason why he is top 3.
if he was 20 and 10 with average defense, he'd be sitting with andrew bynum out of the top 10

just cos i put an objective view about dwight howard, no reason to whine and cry about it.
stop slurpin bro.

Show me a link were Dwight said out his mouth that he is Shaq?

You must be talking about him taking Shaq's nickname Superman,everybody knows Shaq>>>Dwight.

Im_in_Mia_bish
You must be a big Lebron fan. I agree with what you saying but you aint gotta name call somebody just because they have a different opinion on your favorite player.

ehh sorry. i guess the name calling was stepping out of line. my bad.

D12 fan
Stop being so butthurt. Dude is speaking the truth d12 has no offensive game. Idk who said blake doesn't have an offensive game but b griffin can actually shoot a jump shot. Unlike d12 who looks like a dinosaur with his ******** form:speechless: and d12 isn't a top 3 player mr bandwagon fan:facepalm:

The Knicks will win the championship this year.

C_Mund

I'm glad somebody that's not a mod can try to have a decent conversation. Even if you find somebody annoying, it doesn't give you the right to call them stupid, idiot, ******, *****, whatever. Every time there's a great thread idea people start arguing over arbitrary opinions and ruin it.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 11:43 AM
The Knicks will win the championship this year.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
d12 isn't even top 5 melo's better
u mad:mad:

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Show me a link were Dwight said out his mouth that he is Shaq?

You must be talking about him taking Shaq's nickname Superman,everybody knows Shaq>>>Dwight.

why do u think everyone that comments an objective view about dwight howard says that he compares himself to shaq?

why dont you go search for that link yourself?

I'm sure google works fine.

and dont get me wrong, i am not saying dwight has NO offensive game what so ever. cos it would be impossible for him to score even 5 ppg if he had no offensive game with the amount of double teams that teams throw his way, HOWEVER, his 1 on 1 based on his own position is very.... for lack of a better word, limited.

his post moves are very limited as well.
Andrew Bynum has a better array of moves on the offensive side of the game imo.

Defensively though, Dwight Howard is a beast.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 11:49 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
d12 isn't even top 5 melo's better
u mad:mad:

Create a thread with the top 5 players in the NBA and I guarentee you Melo want make the top 5 and some people would say he isn't even a top 10 player.

*By the way the Knicks will win the championship this year.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Lmao d12 fan just admit it bro d12 is overrated.I live in orlando and dudes a beast on defense but he has no offense and how can you be a top 5 player when your highest ppg in one season was 22 for a player of his size. We all know you have the biggest man crush on him but get real dude top 3 :facepalm:

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Lmao d12 fan just admit it bro d12 is overrated.I live in orlando and dudes a beast on defense but he has no offense and how can you be a top 5 player when your highest ppg in one season was 22 for a player of his size. We all know you have the biggest man crush on him but get real dude top 3 :facepalm:

Dwight has no offensive game yet Melo only scores 4 more points a game,if Dwight could make freethrows he would be a up there with Durant/Lebron in scoring.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Create a thread with the top 5 players in the NBA and I guarentee you Melo want make the top 5 and some people would say he isn't even a top 10 player.

*By the way the Knicks will win the championship this year.

I'm just messing with you bro i think melo is top 5. But his haters are to strong but we aint talking about melo. We are talking about your hubby having no offensive game stay on topic bro and thanks for having faith in my team i appreciate it. I'll buy you an amare jersey if you ever come to orlando :D

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 11:57 AM
When Melo carries a team to the Finals as the main guy than you can come talk to me about D12 being overrated,otherwise just quit hating because D12 isn't playing for the Knicks.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Dwight has no offensive game yet Melo only scores 4 more points a game,if Dwight could make freethrows he would be a up there with Durant/Lebron in scoring.

But he can't which just makes my point so much stronger and thats no excuse. Shaq couldn't make a dam freethrow if his life was on the line and still put up great numbers d12 is overrated get mad :mad: :laugh:

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm just messing with you bro i think melo is top 5. But his haters are to strong but we aint talking about melo. We are talking about your hubby having no offensive game stay on topic bro and thanks for having faith in my team i appreciate it. I'll buy you an amare jersey if you ever come to orlando :D

:facepalm:I thought you were banned flatbush?

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 12:05 PM
When Melo carries a team to the Finals as the main guy than you can come talk to me about D12 being overrated,otherwise just quit hating because D12 isn't playing for the Knicks.

lmao D12 didn't carry his team to the finals by himself. Bro don't forget I live in orlando and I saw when the magic went to the finals. How about you get off your hubbys dick for a sec and go check the stats. He had a good team in a down year and if he is so great how come he never took them back:facepalm: Melo actually came within 1 game of making the finals in the west which is much harded then the east but you probaly wouldn't know that being that all you care about is d12's jock strap :laugh2:

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 12:10 PM
:facepalm:I thought you were banned flatbush?

Wow i'm not that troll:facepalm: I'm just calling you out because you think d12 is so great. Which he is but dude has flaws in his game. The way you talk about him you'd think d12 was wilt or kareem :facepalm:

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 12:11 PM
lmao D12 didn't carry his team to the finals by himself. Bro don't forget I live in orlando and I saw when the magic went to the finals. How about you get off your hubbys dick for a sec and go check the stats. He had a good team in a down year and if he is so great how come he never took them back:facepalm: Melo actually came within 1 game of making the finals in the west which is much harded then the east but you probaly wouldn't know that being that all you care about is d12's jock strap :laugh2:

Yeah this is flatbush it's obvious because flatbush is from Orlando which you just admitted and you are using to many smilies.

Mods you might want to check to see if flatbush has 2 dupe accounts,only flatbush talks like this.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Wow i'm not that troll:facepalm: I'm just calling you out because you think d12 is so great. Which he is but dude has flaws in his game. The way you talk about him you'd think d12 was wilt or kareem :facepalm:

lol it really is flatbush dude you need to quit it's so obvious because you use to many smilies.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Im out im not going to argue with flatbush who has 2 dupe accounts.

BSplaya2121
09-07-2012, 12:14 PM
He has a good offensive game, just overshadowed by his superior defense

Stinkyoutsider
09-07-2012, 12:25 PM
I think people don't think Howard has an offensive game because, when compared to other elite bigs in the leage, his game is lacking a little.

His footwork looks strange and when he does take a jumper (very rare), his form reminds me of Shawn Marion's jumpshot, which is just plain ugly lol.

Howard does have good moves though. His drop step is solid and his right handed jump hook he uses is good too. I think he really demands a double team when he uses the hop step to get close to the basket.

He needs to be a better free throw shooter so he can get the ball late in the game. He complained that he wasn't getting the ball late and that's because he can't shoot free throws. And now, since he's in LA, he's never going to see the ball late in the game anymore. Both Kobe and Pau Gasol are higher in the pecking order...

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 12:31 PM
lol it really is flatbush dude you need to quit it's so obvious because you use to many smilies.

Im out im not going to argue with flatbush who has 2 dupe accounts.

Yeah this is flatbush it's obvious because flatbush is from Orlando which you just admitted and you are using to many smilies.

Mods you might want to check to see if flatbush has 2 dupe accounts,only flatbush talks like this.

First off genius i'm from east new york brooklyn. It obviously states when i post I moved to orlando:facepalm: I'm not him. I like how you run out of stuff to say about d12 having no offensive game and you resort to calling me flatbush. You must miss him or something but sorry to burst your bubble I'm not him:mad:

bucketss
09-07-2012, 12:33 PM

what the hell is your point you think melo took the nuggets to the wcf by himself? hell no some even argue he wasn't even the best player on his team that year.

Gram
09-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Lol flatbush Knicks

TheNumber37
09-07-2012, 12:38 PM
cause we are used to dominant franchise bigs dropping 30. he lacks footwork. a true go to move, and a 15 footer. he should be scoring more, anything less than 25 is kind of disappointing

rasheed34
09-07-2012, 12:41 PM
now that hes on LAL he definetly wont have any offensive game, and more so for Gasol

bucketss
09-07-2012, 12:42 PM
But he can't which just makes my point so much stronger and thats no excuse. Shaq couldn't make a dam freethrow if his life was on the line and still put up great numbers d12 is overrated get mad :mad: :laugh:

the man drops 20 and 15 a night and locks down your whole team, and you call him overrated:facepalm: i wonder what melo is than

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 12:45 PM
First off genius i'm from east new york brooklyn. It obviously states when i post I moved to orlando:facepalm: I'm not him. I like how you run out of stuff to say about d12 having no offensive game and you resort to calling me flatbush. You must miss him or something but sorry to burst your bubble I'm not him:mad:

You are flatbush,I know you to well.Why would you call me out being a Dwight lover when I don't even know you?I never talked to you or nothing so how do you know what I do or who I root for.

You are flatbush because he always tell me that I rides D12 jock strap,which you just said I did.

Have a good day flatbush aka EastNYLos

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 12:46 PM
what the hell is your point you think melo took the nuggets to the wcf by himself? hell no some even argue he wasn't even the best player on his team that year.

Not the best on his team your speacial:facepalm: and to awnser the question yeah it was pretty much all melo. Unlike d12 who had more help playing in the east. Lebron didn't even join the big 3 yet and o yeah what happend to the great dwight howard when he eventually got to the finals.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 12:53 PM
the man drops 20 and 15 a night and locks down your whole team, and you call him overrated:facepalm: i wonder what melo is than

Pay him no mind he is flatbush,he just have 2 accounts his other account is banned right now so he is trolling with his other account EastNYLos.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 12:55 PM
You are flatbush,I know you to well.Why would you call me out being a Dwight lover when I don't even know you?I never talked to you or nothing so how do you know what I do or who I root for.

You are flatbush because he always tell me that I rides D12 jock strap,which you just said I did.

Have a good day flatbush aka EastNYLos

Dam bro you hurt my feelings. I thought I was a little popular on psd. I was talking to you the other day before flatbush got banned dummy. How the hell do you not remember me or did your bf get banned and you miss him. I know who flatbush is he is that dumb dude who always trolls everybody and it pisses me off that he never uses a ****ing period with his long *** post. Bro don't insult my intelligence with that dude. Your like a modern day scooby doo you think you figured it out but your just slow. oh yeah and d12 is OVERRATED which is the real reason your calling flatbush stop getting your panties in a bunch.

bucketss
09-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Not the best on his team your speacial:facepalm: and to awnser the question yeah it was pretty much all melo. Unlike d12 who had more help playing in the east. Lebron didn't even join the big 3 yet and o yeah what happend to the great dwight howard when he eventually got to the finals.

melo faced a banged up hornets team, than the mavs than the lakers

dwight faced the sixers the defending champs, and than the team with the #1 record in the league against the mvp lebron. than they took on the lakers with jameer nelson playing banged up.

stop acting like denvers road to the playoffs was so much harder. and lol at he did it pretty much himself:facepalm: maybe you didn't notice billups next to him. before billups he was getting early first round exists every year. or how about nene? or kenyon martin? GTFOH

bucketss
09-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Dam bro you hurt my feelings. I thought I was a little popular on psd. I was talking to you the other day before flatbush got banned dummy. How the hell do you not remember me or did your bf get banned and you miss him. I know who flatbush is he is that dumb dude who always trolls everybody and it pisses me off that he never uses a ****ing period with his long *** post. Bro don't insult my intelligence with that dude. Your like a modern day scooby doo you think you figured it out but your just slow. oh yeah and d12 is OVERRATED which is the real reason your calling flatbush stop getting your panties in a bunch.

your posts are exactly like his, the funny thing is i made this thread because flatbush said melo is better than dwight because dwight has no offensive game.

Vinny642
09-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Bynum has more offensive game than Dwight but I wouldn't say Dwight has NO offensive game.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 01:07 PM
your posts are exactly like his, the funny thing is i made this thread because flatbush said melo is better than dwight because dwight has no offensive game.

Trust me dude it is him,I know this is him because once he said he lived in Orlando he gave it away,and he always used to troll the Magic forum about how the Magic should trade Dwight for Amare,yet he bashes Dwight and calls Melo a top 5 player.

By the way Melo is also Flatbush favorite player,he defends him to death.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 01:08 PM

Kevin love grabs 15 rpg and puts up a higher ppg.Whats your point. Face it d12 is no shaq. Tyson chandler might not grab 15 rpg but he locks down the paint and noah does too does that make them a top 3 player:facepalm: D12 didn't even play the whole season so who knows what his ppg would have ended up at. But a career ppg of 18 is pathetic. I dont even think shaq put up number that low even in his rookie year. I never said d12 is garbage but to me he is no game changer. Unless you have the right pieces around him. Melo to me is better than d12 but thats just my personaly opinion. But on ranking I'd put d12 over melo only because he is the best center in the game. But that doesn't mean he is better than melo. To me melo is the best closer in the game while d12 can't close or shoot a dam freethrow OVERRATED

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 01:10 PM
EastNYLos is trolling his own account,he even made it look like he wasn't Flatbush,look at his profile he has 1 visitor message by guess who flatbush,and he said he knows everybody.lmao

bucketss
09-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Kevin love grabs 15 rpg and puts up a higher ppg.Whats your point. Face it d12 is no shaq. Tyson chandler might not grab 15 rpg but he locks down the paint and noah does too does that make them a top 3 player:facepalm: D12 didn't even play the whole season so who knows what his ppg would have ended up at. But a career ppg of 18 is pathetic. I dont even think shaq put up number that low even in his rookie year. I never said d12 is garbage but to me he is no game changer. Unless you have the right pieces around him. Melo to me is better than d12 but thats just my personaly opinion. But on ranking I'd put d12 over melo only because he is the best center in the game. But that doesn't mean he is better than melo. To me melo is the best closer in the game while d12 can't close or shoot a dam freethrow OVERRATED

can love anchor a whole defense by himself? name one good defender on the magic? tell me how the magic were so good on defense because dwight anchored the whole load. but your a melo fan so i wouldn't expect you to give two ***** about defense. melo can't guard his shadow OVERRATED see i can do it to.

oh and btw kevin love is better than melo

PhillyBoomerang
09-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Dwight Howard has no low post moves its simple as that he relies on his superior athleticism to score points, he has no Offensive go to moves

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 01:14 PM

Yeah Flatbush you used to say this a lot in the Magic forum,the fact is Dwight is better than Melo as a allaround player.Yeah Melo can score but he doesn't play defense and he doesn't make his teamates better.Dwight gives you 20ppg and he gives his teammates wide open 3's because he always command a double team.That is why the Magic was so good as a regular season team,all the role players had to do was spot up and shoot wide open 3 pointers.

Dwight>Melo

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 01:17 PM
melo faced a banged up hornets team, than the mavs than the lakers

dwight faced the sixers the defending champs, and than the team with the #1 record in the league against the mvp lebron. than they took on the lakers with jameer nelson playing banged up.

stop acting like denvers road to the playoffs was so much harder. and lol at he did it pretty much himself:facepalm: maybe you didn't notice billups next to him. before billups he was getting early first round exists every year. or how about nene? or kenyon martin? GTFOH

Nene :facepalm: Kmart:facepalm: Billups was good but he was far from the billups that was on the pistons . Ther is a reason why they traded him.The sixers sucked. Kg missed the playoffs that year and the cavs sucked in the playoffs but were a great regular season team anything else bro.

dc5jdm
09-07-2012, 01:18 PM
If only he had bynums offensive game

bucketss
09-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Nene :facepalm: Kmart:facepalm: Billups was good but he was far from the billups that was on the pistons . Ther is a reason why they traded him.The sixers sucked. Kg missed the playoffs that year and the cavs sucked in the playoffs but were a great regular season team anything else bro.

i could say the hornets were banged up and the mavs were a great regular season team nothing else which denver beat because the refs decided not to call the obvious foul antoine wright tried to give melo before melo hit that three.

see i can grasp at straws too.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Yeah Flatbush you used to say this a lot in the Magic forum,the fact is Dwight is better than Melo as a allaround player.Yeah Melo can score but he doesn't play defense and he doesn't make his teamates better.Dwight gives you 20ppg and he gives his teammates wide open 3's because he always command a double team.That is why the Magic was so good as a regular season team,all the role players had to do was spot up and shoot wide open 3 pointers.

Dwight>Melo

I don't care if melo or d12 is the better player. The topic was does d12 have an offensive game. I already said on my top ten list I got d12 over melo. Only because d12 is the best center in the game so arguing who is better is pointless. Idk what that flat kids views are but I'm mainly speaking as somebody who has lived in orlando for a while. I wasn't here his rookie season but i did catch alot of magic games and I'm actually still a magic fan. Idk how many times i wished d12 would be more aggrfessive on the block or develop a bank shot. But year after year no dam new moves even with the great patrick ewing teaching him. Maybe i'm posting a little biased because now i hate d12. But when he was here he never showed any great offensive game for a player of his size. Shaq had no jump shot what so ever and he was a dominant force on both ends. I just don't get why d12 could never figure it out

bucketss
09-07-2012, 01:29 PM
I don't care if melo or d12 is the better player. The topic was does d12 have an offensive game. I already said on my top ten list I got d12 over melo. Only because d12 is the best center in the game so arguing who is better is pointless. Idk what that flat kids views are but I'm mainly speaking as somebody who has lived in orlando for a while. I wasn't here his rookie season but i did catch alot of magic games and I'm actually still a magic fan. Idk how many times i wished d12 would be more aggrfessive on the block or develop a bank shot. But year after year no dam new moves even with the great patrick ewing teaching him. Maybe i'm posting a little biased because now i hate d12. But when he was here he never showed any great offensive game for a player of his size. Shaq had no jump shot what so ever and he was a dominant force on both ends. I just don't get why d12 could never figure it out

how many times did you wish year after year melo would develop a defensive game? im under the illusion that you think offense>>>>>defense.

TheIlladelph16
09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't care if melo or d12 is the better player. The topic was does d12 have an offensive game. I already said on my top ten list I got d12 over melo. Only because d12 is the best center in the game so arguing who is better is pointless. Idk what that flat kids views re but I'm mainly speaking as somebody who has lived in orlando for a while I wasn't here his rookie season but i did catch alot of magic games and I'm actually still a magic fan. Idk how many times i wished d12 would be more aggrfessive on the block or develop a bank shot but year after year no dam new moves even with the great patrick ewing teaching him maybe i'm posting alittle biased because now i hate d12 but when he was here he never shuld any great offensive game for a player of his size shaq had no jump shot what so ever and he was a dominant force on both ends I just don't get why d12 could never figure it out

I really just don't understand the argument that he has no offensive game. Does he have the offensive skill set that Bynum does? Not at all. That does not mean he isn't an efficient scorer that can get you buckets. He may not have not the best post moves, but he is better than anyone at grabbing an offensive rebound and throwing it down. Fact: That is part of your offensive game. His defense is ridiculously good and he managed to actually take a team to the finals on his back. Save the OVERRATED crap for the man in NY who has made it out of the first round once.

Not sure if you are actually flatbush, but either way you've been lumped in with BKLNKNICKS, DoMeFavors, etc. in my book. You spent the last two days calling out Hawkeye, the best mod and one of the best posters on this site, because he didn't agree that your 40 year old PG, 40 yr old big man, and fat beaver Felton were going to make a significant impact. Nvm there is no way this isn't flatbush haha

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 01:37 PM
how many times did you wish year after year melo would develop a defensive game? im under the illusion that you think offense>>>>>defense.

Well you obviously didn't see him this year. You can't blame melo if karl didn't teach defense or dantoni didn't teach it either. Watch my knicks this year and tell me if melo doesn't play defense. Amare on the other hand no comment But your right when melo was on the nuggets he wasn't a great defender.Still doesn't change the fact melo was scoring like crazy on the nuggets and he played good defense in ther wcf playoff run.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 01:38 PM

Flatbush I say the same thing about Melo every year on defense,I just can't figure him out he has potential to play defense.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I really just don't understand the argument that he has no offensive game. Does he have the offensive skill set that Bynum does? Not at all. That does not mean he isn't an efficient scorer that can get you buckets. He may not have not the best post moves, but he is better than anyone at grabbing an offensive rebound and throwing it down. Fact: That is part of your offensive game. His defense is ridiculously good and he managed to actually take a team to the finals on his back. Save the OVERRATED crap for the man in NY who has made it out of the first round once.

Not sure if you are actually flatbush, but either way you've been lumped in with BKLNKNICKS, DoMeFavors, etc. in my book. You spent the last two days calling out Hawkeye, the best mod and one of the best posters on this site, because he didn't agree that your 40 year old PG, 40 yr old big man, and fat beaver Felton were going to make a significant impact. Nvm there is no way this isn't flatbush haha

Look I'm not saying d12 is garbage but for people that haven't seen him play he is no shaq. Yes he is great at defense and rebounding. But people seem to think that he has this great offensive game and he doesn't have one at all. I'm not saying he can't learn one and become the best player in this league. I'm just saying as of right now dude is overrated.

bucketss
09-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Well you obviously didn't see him this year. You can't blame melo if karl didn't teach defense or dantoni didn't teach it either. Watch my knicks this year and tell me if melo doesn't play defense. Amare on the other hand no comment But your right when melo was on the nuggets he wasn't a great defender.Still doesn't change the fact melo was scoring like crazy on the nuggets and he played good defense in ther wcf playoff run.

first bolded = excuse

second bolded = you will be saying the exact same thing next year i guarantee it.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Look I'm not saying d12 is garbage but for people that haven't seen him play he is no shaq. Yes he is great at defense and rebounding. But people seem to think that he has this great offensive game and he doesn't have one at all. I'm not saying he can't learn one and become the best player in this league. I'm just saying as of right now dude is overrated.

Flatbush why do you keep comparing him to Shaq?Nobody said Dwight was better than Shaq.Just accept Dwight for what he is a defensive player who can get you 20 points a game.I would take that on my team anyday of the week.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Flatbush I say the same thing about Melo every year on defense,I just can't figure him out he has potential to play defense.

can we make a sig bet that i'm not flatbush knicks dupe account. When you lose you have to make yourself a carmelo sig that says I love the knicks :clap:

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Flatbush why do you keep comparing him to Shaq?Nobody said Dwight was better than Shaq.Just accept Dwight for what he is a defensive player who can get you 20 points a game.I would take that on my team anyday of the week.

20 ppg my foot.He barely put that up with him being the number one option. He'll put up between 16-18 ppg on the lakers pathetic :facepalm:

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 01:48 PM
first bolded = excuse

second bolded = you will be saying the exact same thing next year i guarantee it.

Next year lmao. Melo started playing d as soon as woodson took over last year:facepalm:

bucketss
09-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Next year lmao. Melo started playing d as soon as woodson took over last year:facepalm:

melo picks one month and plays like he is a top 5 player, the rest of the season he is monta ellis.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 01:51 PM
20 ppg my foot.He barely put that up with him being the number one option. He'll put up between 16-18 ppg on the lakers pathetic :facepalm:

Flatbush he only average 14 shot attempts a game,how many shots did Melo average a game 20+?

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 01:53 PM
melo picks one month and plays like he is a top 5 player, the rest of the season he is monta ellis.

Sad but true,they both take a lot of shots.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 01:53 PM

Finally on thing we can agree on . But he chose a hell of a month to be a top 5 player. Right when it looked like we were lottery bound and going to be the joke of the entire league he took over:D

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Sad but true,they both take a lot of shots.

:facepalm: So does kobe and westbrook. You might as well say d12 is deandre jordan because both can't hit a dam freethrow.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Finally on thing we can agree on . But he chose a hell of a month to be a top 5 player. Right when it looked like we were lottery bound and going to be the joke of the entire league he took over:D

No that was actuall Jeremy Lin who saved you guys,remember Melo was injured during that winning streak.

Come on Flatbush:pity:,you sure you are a Knicks fan?

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 01:57 PM
:facepalm: So does kobe and westbrook. You might as well say d12 is deandre jordan because both can't hit a dam freethrow.

This is a Flatbush type of statement.:facepalm:

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 02:01 PM
No that was actuall Jeremy Lin who saved you guys,remember Melo was injured during that winning streak.

Come on Flatbush:pity:,you sure you are a Knicks fan?

No actually bandwagon fan the whole linsanity thing was overrated. Because after melo and amare came back we actually were about 6 games under .500when dantoni got fired. But thank you for the info about my home team. How about you tell me something about 1 of the 10 teams you follow:facepalm:

dee279
09-07-2012, 02:12 PM
I would say Dwight is definitely top 5 and top 3 is actually debateable. Its not out of reach for him. He is the best defensive big man by far in the league. If his pick and roll defense was a little better, his defensive game would be almost too good and his offensive game is good enough. Hes not going to knock down jumpshots or have your head spinning with his moves in the post, but Dwight definitely as enough ability on the offensive end to be acounted for on every single play. He might even average a career high in rebounds and offensive rebounds because of all the shots Kobe takes. OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING SHOULD ALSO BE TAKIN IN ACCOUNT WHEN TALKING ABOUT HIS OFFENSIVE GAME.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 02:20 PM
No actually bandwagon fan the whole linsanity thing was overrated. Because after melo and amare came back we actually were about 6 games under .500when dantoni got fired. But thank you for the info about my home team. How about you tell me something about 1 of the 10 teams you follow:facepalm:

So 6 games under 500 made you a lottery team,you still would have made the playoffs,Melo didn't save you guys because you were already saved by Lin.lmao Flatbush

wordup45
09-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Because they don't watch Dwight play on a regular basis,ask any Magic fan and they will tell you Dwight has a offensive game.Dwight averages 14shots a game,all the other superstars Lebron/Kobe/Wade/Melo/Durant averages 18+shots a game.

Dwight has a offensive game the world will get to see him more now that he is playing for a popular franchise like the Lakers.

This! It isn't his offensive game, it's the fact that his FT shooting sucks. If he was a 75% shooter you'd be looking at a 28PPG guy.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 02:28 PM
This! It isn't his offensive game, it's the fact that his FT shooting sucks. If he was a 75% shooter you'd be looking at a 28PPG guy.

Exactly.

dee279
09-07-2012, 02:51 PM

Why would you say if? If "if" was a fif... In all seriousness, if is not reality. In reality he cant shoot free throws. He cant shoot at all really. Saying if he shot 75% from the free throw line to try to explain a point is just like saying if Deandre Jordan had a 3 point shot and insane dribbles, he would be the best Center in the league. The real fact of it all is he doesnt. IFs should not be to used to prove a point is all im saying.

EastNYLos
09-07-2012, 03:02 PM
So 6 games under 500 made you a lottery team,you still would have made the playoffs,Melo didn't save you guys because you were already saved by Lin.lmao Flatbush

your speacial actually 6 games under .500 would have had us miss the playoffs :facepalm: and we were on a bad losing streak when woody took over. With the great savior lin still playing until melo took over.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 03:11 PM
your speacial actually 6 games under .500 would have had us miss the playoffs :facepalm: and we were on a bad losing streak when woody took over. With the great savior lin still playing until melo took over.

How did Melo save you guys when you were a 8th seed when he came back and only finished as the 7th seed?

Replace Melo with Dwight and the Knicks would be a top 3 team in the East.Please just stop praising Melo because you make it seem like he is a savior of your franchise.

wordup45
09-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Why would you say if? If "if" was a fif... In all seriousness, if is not reality. In reality he cant shoot free throws. He cant shoot at all really. Saying if he shot 75% from the free throw line to try to explain a point is just like saying if Deandre Jordan had a 3 point shot and insane dribbles, he would be the best Center in the league. The real fact of it all is he doesnt. IFs should not be to used to prove a point is all im saying.

I'm saying the man is an efficient scorer but because he gets hacked a lot and goes to the line a lot, it takes away from scoring more because his FT shooting blows. C'mon man, it's not that hard to understand. So people need to say he sucks from the line, not that he has no offensive game cause that's just silly.

THE_LOGO
09-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Let me say that 1) Shaq is better than Dwight. 2) Neither of them had/has a reliable go to move. Shaq retired without having one and Dwight's far from retiring so I guess we'll see if he develops one.

Shaq had that turn around drop step and I cringed everytime he used it. I'm wondering if Dwight's sweeping hook shot is gonna have the same effect on me this year?

Shaq was the focal point of the offense and Phil made sure he touched the ball. Dwight, on the other hand, was always complaining that he never got touches. Frankly, there was no one in that Magic squad who could consistently give him the ball in position to score. I suppose with Nash, we'll see what Dwight could do this year.

Both of them obviously can't hit FTs to save their lives. (BTW, Wilt wasn't a great FT shooter either).

Anyway, my beef with Shaq was, as great as he was, he didn't stay in shape or develop his game. If he would've had a consistent go to move, I'd agree that he probably was the MDE.

As for Dwight, I wouldn't call him the next great big man in LA yet. First, he has to stay healthy. Second, he has to produce...and by produce, I mean rings! And finally, if he improves his game and stays in shape (which I have no reason to believe that he won't), he MIGHT be considered better than Shaq once its said and done. He obviously has all the tools. Perhaps that's why Shaq has so much beef with Dwight? :shrug:

Oh yeah, as far as Melo being better than Dwight? :laugh:

seikou8
09-07-2012, 05:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mw1ttspuLY

Underdogz∞
09-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Because it's easier than saying "he has a low level of offensive skill relative to other elite players at his position in NBA history and instead relies on athleticism predominantly."

Your post and your sig. Thanks for the laugh! :clap:

b@llhog24
09-07-2012, 10:01 PM
How is he the most dominant or second w/e if his ppg is 18:facepalm:. Don't get me wrong he can be but as of now he's not even top 5 :eyebrow:

The fact that you have him out of your top 5 shows exactly why I shouldn't value your opinion on player comparisons.

I'm pretty sure Howard compared Howard to Shaq when he started calling himself Superman.... or at least running with it when other people did because of that ******** song he liked.

Anyway, to say he has NO offensive game is ignorant. He puts up good (not great) offensive #'s on good percentages, which is what a C is supposed to do. Dwight earns his pay on the other side of the floor.
However....he's a defensive-minded player that's convinced himself he should be a #1 option. The fact that he's an athletic freak helps him out but it doesn't mean that he's even top-5 in 1-on-1 offensive capability as far as C's go in this league

He's been the best post scorer for the past 2-3 seasons.

Gosh you're an idiot.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-07-2012, 10:31 PM
He's very limited. He relies too much on his athleticism and strength and lacks a finesse game.

heyman321
09-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Because he just barrels over everyone he is bigger than and can jump higher than. We'll see how that goes at age 32.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-08-2012, 03:46 PM

why am i not surprised that a lakers fan posted this?
shaq was a worse ft shooter than d12, and still he averaged 30 ppg during his days, now imagine if shaq was a '75% ft shooter'

do you not comprehend the fact that teams used to triple team shaq? or the fact that they developed a game plan called 'hack-a-shaq'? they triple team shaq, and still shaq used an array of moves to split the defense and score. why? because he had an almost unfair size advantage, and a very good arsenal of moves down in the post.

now lets look at dwight howard. the reason why he shoots only '14 shots per game' is because a. orlando never went down the stretch with him because of his ft woes, and b. when he got triple teamed or double teamed, he didnt have the moves that shaq, or even BYNUM does.

now working with kareem might change that, but until that happens, dont try and defend him when the whole world knows that dwight howards offensive game is very limited.
he def has offensive moves, but bynum has a much better arsenal of moves.

just my two cents.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-08-2012, 03:48 PM

my thoughts exactly.
some laker fans just make the whole fanbase look terrible.

D-Leethal
09-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Hes an athletic freak with a combination of strength size and quickness nobody in the league can handle, but he has little to nothing in his offensive repertoire. He has no finesse game, not a good passer from the post, no up and under moves, no fadeaway on the block, no 10 foot jumper, can't finish with contact on the move unless he dunks through someone, can only spin into a dunk.

He has a half assed not too effective baby hook and thats a bout it

When his athleticism diminishes you will start to see his lack of fundamental offense.

b@llhog24
09-08-2012, 04:22 PM
why am i not surprised that a lakers fan posted this?
shaq was a worse ft shooter than d12, and still he averaged 30 ppg during his days, now imagine if shaq was a '75% ft shooter'

do you not comprehend the fact that teams used to triple team shaq? or the fact that they developed a game plan called 'hack-a-shaq'? they triple team shaq, and still shaq used an array of moves to split the defense and score. why? because he had an almost unfair size advantage, and a very good arsenal of moves down in the post.

now lets look at dwight howard. the reason why he shoots only '14 shots per game' is because a. orlando never went down the stretch with him because of his ft woes, and b. when he got triple teamed or double teamed, he didnt have the moves that shaq, or even BYNUM does.

now working with kareem might change that, but until that happens, dont try and defend him when the whole world knows that dwight howards offensive game is very limited.
he def has offensive moves, but bynum has a much better arsenal of moves.

just my two cents.

Not sure if you noticed but Dwight Howard isn't Shaq.

D-Leethal
09-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Dwight might not even be top 5 in the glory days of NBA centers. Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem, and probably Alonzo Mourning were better. If he played during the years nearly every team had a solid 7 foot center he probably wouldn't be putting up the #s he does feasting on guys who can't handle him physically.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-08-2012, 04:29 PM
my thoughts exactly.
some laker fans just make the whole fanbase look terrible.

Says the Heat fan. :rimshot:

NBA_Starter
09-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't say he has no offensive game but it is def his weakness.

Raph12
09-09-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't even want to start with this thread, debating against a bunch of idiots who've based their arguements around opinions from 2004-2009 is just futile... Ignorance must truly be bliss, that's why retards always appear to be having more fun than everyone else.

Andrew32
09-09-2012, 01:18 PM
He is pretty raw.
Ugly / Mechanical footwork and no smoothness / fluidity to his moves.
He also lacks the natural passing ability C's like Shaq and Kareem had.

He isn't terrible offensively and he is pretty effective against this era's inferior competition but in an All-Time sense his offensive skill is terrible.

Andrew32
09-09-2012, 01:19 PM
I gotta say though he is surrounded by so many skills Bigs and Guards that I think he will improve dramatically.

I mean... Kareem / Gasol + Kobe / Nash... so much skill.

Dwight made the right move going to LAL and he is gonna improve alot I think.
Still... he will never fill half of Shaq's shoes.

MTar786
09-09-2012, 02:25 PM
people compare dwight to shaq too much.. thats why dwight will never get his fair shake.. shaq couldve been the unanimous goat if he shot better at the line and cared more for the game. with all that said.. i still believe shaq and kareem are 1a and 1b all time in centers